Reviews of Prima Park Hotel Jerusalem 4 stars

2 Vilnay Street, Jerusalem, 95435, Israel

#86 of 111 hotels in Jerusalem

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

The best staff, great location near all transport and park. Had a great stay here!
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Pillows are so bad feel very old. Walls need to be painted room good but not superior feel. Shabbat meal very expensive!

The staff very friendly and helpful and the location is very goid near light rail and park and bus and train stations. Breakfast is very good .

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

this is more of a hostel level than a hotel. definitely not 4 stars.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

no noom service after 2030. dont arrive hungry... tried to get my shirt ironed. they didn't have this service so they sent me to the iron room on level 3. the iron was so dirty that it would have ruined my shirt so i asked for a different one. got a cold shoulder, ended up walking through every floor in the hotel trying to find a solution.

not much to like

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

The staff that served at the dining room were very very ...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The attitude of the reception staff.They can be very rude and they are prejudiced about my Black African background. I am British born of Nigerian parents.

The staff that served at the dining room were very very helpful . They were good and the food was good too.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

This hotel was disappointing compared to others that we stayed at in Israel in the same price range
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Bathrooms were tiny. Our room was near the lift which chimed every time it came to our floor disturbing sleep The other guests on our floor were very noisy at night and I had to ask different people to be quiet both nights The restaurant was disorganised and the wait staff unprofessional at breakfast. The choice of hot food was limited to eggs. On one morning I was seated at a dirty table and waited over 5 minutes after asking for cutlery and a clean coffee cups

Rooms clean and beds comfortable. Location was close to light rail station with quick access to central Jerusalem

Great location, clean room, courteous staff!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

no ladies room near dining room.

Staff was nice, courteous. Rooms clean, AC worked great. My room overlooked highway entrance so it got noisy in the evening. Also the dining room needs a clean adjoining ladies room. Also the food was very good. Once great characteristic was it is one block from Jerusalem's light rail line which works great.

recommended
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

It was hard to find a parking place, but somehow we always managed...

staff was very nice, breakfast was very good, location is great, they let us stay until Saturday night instead of leaving by noon - that was great. Got chocolate+water bottles to our room.

This hotel spoiled my otherwise great trip by their rude nasty unhelpful staff on last day!
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Rude mean nasty staff! Didn’t provide wake up call or assistance with taxi to airport. Were requested to agreed and than did not at last minute. Tv and phone didn’t work. Staff was rude and plain nasty! Horrible customer service. No assistance with luggage. A nightmare and dirty gross hotel!

Nice
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The bed was not so comfortable.

The staff was very helpful and friendly. You get free water in the room, which is a nice extra. The location is good, the tram station is in walking distance and it takes you directly to the center.

Great location across from light rail and within walking...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Very noisy intersection, not a great view (should have asked for other side of the hotel) No air conditioning. Thermostat on wall showed inaccurate room temperature

Great location across from light rail and within walking distance from many attractions

Everything I don't like
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Lots to say : 1-unpleasant welcome, it seems like the recepsionist did not want to be bothered, so did the security at the entrance 2-the room smelled really bad and there was no possibility to open the window and it really needs overhauling, 3-Overall the hotel isn't very well maintained and is dirty (toilets, etc.), 4- I forgot my charger in my room and did not get it back. Asking the personnel for help felt like they really did not want to be bothered, 5-One of the waiters poured some kind of sticky liquid on my shirt. Telling that to the recepsionist I was told to go and find the guy myself. Bottom line, not a 4 star hotel and certainly not worth $170 per night!!

Very nicely located

Pricy and will try something else next time for 4* hotel clear not up to
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Very noisy AC did not work I asked staff to fix it 3 times 0 result Bathroom door locked inside Again nobody come to fix or take a look I could have done it in 5 min with 2 screwdriver

The breakfast

Hotel is much improved; a great, convienient, comfortable place to stay
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

There were a few problems two years ago, but they have all be fixed.

The staff was courteous and excellently friendly. The rooms have been renovated since our last visit two years ago and are very attractive. The location is great; across the street from the light rail, 3-4 blocks from the main local and long distance bus stops. We did not eat there as we have relatives living nearby.

The area around the hotel was excellent local people in shops and markets were friendly & helpful
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The staff could be better trained in customer service and offering help to guests rather than only answering questions when asked and a friendlier approach would also be an asset

There were a few niggles some of the hotel staff were not very helpful and only gave basic information when asked nothing volunteered the breakfast was not included in the price which no pool on sight

It was adequate for the price. I had breakfast included for 2 people
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

No lobby , no garden To recieve my guests I asked if I can add a child in my room and the 1st night they said $52.00 us. Next night I asked without food they said 82.00us. Found they were not too consistent and honest

Clean room. Location was all right

First and last time on this site.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Room service or bar weren't available after 2000. Though it should be available until 2300 according to the site. I arrived at 2030....breakfast isn't included-needed extra charge.

Extremely rude staff and a true dissapointment.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

- The staff was extremely rude. - Upon arrival we asked about the swimming pool and it turned out the swimming pool promised at booking.com was at least 10 minutes walking in a sports-park. When I mentioned that this wasn't properly announced on booking.com and that one of us has a handicap and can't walk long instead of showing compassion the dude at the counter started shouting at us!!!! We never had that in a hotel!!! - The water in the shower stopped every once in a while and we had to wait a few minutes and then it would start running again. - dust underneath literally everything. - the tap water tasted disgusting. - some group of youngsters kept us up for hours by partying in the hallway in front of our room. We complained to them and they got a bit softer in noise but the hotel did nothing about it. - upon departure the girl behind the counter was taking our keys and sad 'goodbye'... but she didn't ask if we were satisfied and she didn't give us a bill of our stay! All in all it is unacceptable being rude to someone who mentions a handicap. It's no fun having a handicap. The staff should be ashamed of themselves.

- The location was nice.

Great location with train in back of hotel, but assigned us to the nosiest room.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

We asked for a quiet room and they assigned us a room next to an elevator that dinged each time it opened (including all through the night) and faced the busy traffic highway with a lot of beeping horns (they beep their car horns more than in the States). It seemed that no effort was given to our request.

Great location. We used the train to access the old city of Jerusalem. The train is on street level, making it easy to use, and very inexpensive. The hotel staff was very helpful and friendly.

Very good!
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

For those who are not familiar with a downtown noises, rooms could be too noisy.

Very nice hotel and kindly staff. Location is very good, close to light rail stop. The meal was simply perfect, no words for how good it was! Room was clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

the room was perfect for the family
    • Triple Junior Suite

the bed was very uncomfortable

the room was perfect for the family

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

The staff were rude and unhelpful

The staff were rude and unhelpful

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Location and dinning area
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The carpets, especially on the floor landings.

Location and dinning area

worked well for our visit

clean, good food

ok

Room. Facility is old

Food and staff

Prima
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

To find vv the destination

Prima

Surely the fact that this was our fifth time there over a 10-year period 'says it all'?
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Every single thing we requested (not that we're *that* 'picky'!) was handled with great patience, charm - and efficiency.

Convenient but unreasonable price.
    • Comfort Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Small room, very squashy. Too early hour check up.

Just the location its convenient to places we wanted to see.

Hotel has good location, very good breakfast and professional staff.

Everything is ok.

Very good breakfast, very professional and nice staff, who helps me in many cases.

Good location, clean

Good location, clean

Central location.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Central location. Near the tram.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Food

Food

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

Friendly staff, good value, excellent breakfast

Room wasn't ready

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Not good
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Terrible room, terrible breakfast, poor cleaning standards

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

good value and good all round

kettle did not work

cleanliness

• Reviewed: 14 January 2016

Staff were helpful & friendly.

A bit far away from sites. Close to the Knesset (Parliament). However, the main tram line is located less than 5 minutes walk away. If you have arrived in the evening and need dinner, there is a great lunchbar located directly behind the hotel that makes tuna or cheese rolls. It is a short walk so a good option if you are tired or jet-lagged! There are not many other options around the hotel for dining that are within walking distance.

Staff were helpful & friendly. Rooms were very clean and tastefully designed. Breakfast great, lots of variety.

• Reviewed: 3 January 2016

It was a nice ambiance and chilled out and breakfast was a...

I asked in advance that it was our anniversary and that the night of our weding we stayed there so I asked to decorate the room they said yes but wen I got there.nothing was done not even a robe with slippers which is promised so I asked them and they said sorry we will do it now wen we came back at night the room was the same and I had to ask again plus I asked for a room with a bath and they didn't give me one

It was a nice ambiance and chilled out and breakfast was a enjoyable part really enjoyed that with my wife

• Reviewed: 22 December 2015

Very good location near the CBS.

The bathroom was not as clean as a 4 star hotel should be. The airco could only heat. The windows did not open, and this was only solved after contacting reception 3 times.

Very good location near the CBS. Very good breakfast. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2015

Clean room, extremely polite and helpful staff (gave me a...

Room would have no electricity for hours on end, although multiple attempts to fix by staff had failed. Lack of electricity included lights and power sockets.

Clean room, extremely polite and helpful staff (gave me a glass of cold water whilst I was waiting for my taxi to the airport). Door and hotel staff made me feel safe considering the situation in Jerusalem at the time.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2015

Some members of the staff were really nice

The breakfast at buffet was to much disorganized and without too much choice, it was not really international kind of breakfast. The services were quite clean but not well mantained

Some members of the staff were really nice

• Reviewed: 20 October 2015

Good quality food at the restaurant.

The room was quite noisy due to the ventilation in the bathroom. Small window. The double room has two single beds put together, that move and separate easily if you sleep in the middle.

Good quality food at the restaurant. Very good breakfast. No problems with the staff, that was kind and helpful. Good position with respect to the International Convention Center, and pretty close to the tram stop and bus stop to go to the old city.

• Reviewed: 11 September 2015

Close to tram line.

The hotel appeared to be more like a backpackers hotel. The dining room was filthy, the floors rarely seemed to be cleaned.. The food at night was almost inedible, after 3 nights we refused to eat there again. Dining room staff need further education in hospitality. Bed sheets were not changed in the 7 nights we were there.

Close to tram line. Front desk staff were very polite and helpful.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2015

The hotel manager was respectful and kind

1. The unexpected extra costs, and the manner in which other staff dealt with this situation. 2. Staff respone (except for the manager) when I became ill during one day of my stay.

The hotel manager was respectful and kind

• Reviewed: 19 August 2015

.The hotel is near the train

In the bath, the water did not drained. There was no soap, but there was shampoo. I arrived late at night, and there was no parking.

.The hotel is near the train

• Reviewed: 12 June 2015

Good location and rooms.

Cleanliness of breakfest area. Although the variety of breakfast is wide, it does not involve quality. No simple business facilities (printer, common PC).

Good location and rooms.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2015

Great breakfast.

Noisy at night, ear plugs are necessary due to bad noise isolation of the rooms. If you aroder a shared taxi the hotel takes a commission, and is not open about it (it tells you that the company has higher prices). Order your shared taxi yourself and avoid the hotel commission. Some receptionists are not friendly nor helpful.

Great breakfast. Nice bathroom. Few receptionists are helpful (about half of those I met). Very close to the light rail, convinient to go to the city. Central bus station, Knesset and museums within walking distance. Access to the gym and swimming pool of the university (need to walk 10-15min to get there).

• Reviewed: 7 May 2015

Quite a way out of Jerusalem.

Quite a way out of Jerusalem. No mention of the tram which would have been helpful for finding somewhere to eat. No coffee machine, toaster or omelettes available for breakfast on the morning of Shabat the Jewish Holy day. Trams do not run between Friday night and Saturday night so finding somewhere to eat difficult and taxis were expensive. Hotel dingy and in need of a revamp.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2015

Rooms were clean and well appointed.

When I tried to book a taxi for 2am to get to the airport, the front desk clerk insisted that 2am was too early and that 3am would be plenty early enough. He booked the taxi for 3am. The first thing the taxi driver told me when I got into the taxi was that I should have been *at* the airport for 3am... I only just caught my flight. Stand by your selection and insist on the time you want when booking taxis!

Rooms were clean and well appointed. WiFi was ood enough to stream TV programs with Netflix while packing. Breakfast was very fancy. Really close to light rail into city center.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2015

I came to Jerusalem to take part in the marathon and because of this hotel I couldn't sleep at all the night before marathon. Whole night there were 20 drunk students sitting in corridors creaming , laughing and slamming the doors... I called reception 3 times to solve this issue but received some support only at 1 am when the security came and tried to calm down the young people. The walls of this hotel is so thin that you can hear everything going on behind the wall. As a result I slept only 4 hours and couldn't prepare properly. Will never come there again.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2015

breakfast and dinner was amazing more than enough food fresh...

only 1 napkin was placed at each placemat. napkins were not easily accessible and given the fact that I had a baby with me and sometimes things turns messy I would have appreciated a stash of napkins in the middle of the table for easy use

breakfast and dinner was amazing more than enough food fresh and tasty

• Reviewed: 7 February 2015

Rooms facing the main road are noisy.

Rooms facing the main road are noisy. Also the isolation between rooms is pretty poor. I was awaken by my neighbour'ss radio at 6.30 in the morning

• Reviewed: 20 January 2015

The location was excellent being on the new rapid rail line...

We would have preferred to have fresh fruit as part of the daily breakfast included in the price.

The location was excellent being on the new rapid rail line which takes you quickly into the City Center or to the Old City. We thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast as it provided a wide range of items to choose from and varied from day to day. The staff were particularly helpful.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2015

The breakfast was good and the hotel had a good location...

The room was not clean, the bathroom had smell of urine and some of the light didn't work

The breakfast was good and the hotel had a good location close to the bus station and the rail

• Reviewed: 2 May 2016

Breakfast not included

• Reviewed: 1 May 2016

Received a room 3 rooms away from a room being renovated!

Received a room 3 rooms away from a room being renovated! The heavy drilling started early morning as if it was in the room itself.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2016

Room service every day

Staff

Room service every day

• Reviewed: 20 March 2016

The staff was very helpful.

The elevator and the carpet in the hall were dirty.

The staff was very helpful. The rooms were clean

• Reviewed: 28 February 2016

Room, bathroom, facilities

Room keys did not work.

Room, bathroom, facilities

• Reviewed: 22 December 2015

no balcony, or smoker rooms

no balcony, or smoker rooms

• Reviewed: 18 October 2015

The staff were friendly, the food was good.

The staff were friendly, the food was good.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2015

location and value for your money.

all good

location and value for your money.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2015

They only allowed room guest to change not more than US50...

They only allowed room guest to change not more than US50 into shekles. The breakfast food was really boring.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2015

breakfeast

birthright groups

breakfeast

• Reviewed: 14 June 2015

The staff

The noise and lack of respect from other travellers bad language from groups..

The staff

• Reviewed: 17 May 2015

The badsmell

The badsmell

• Reviewed: 30 April 2015

No parking for car

No parking for car The garden workers at 6:30 am

• Reviewed: 20 April 2015

Breakfast wasnt ready on time

Breakfast wasnt ready on time Very important if you are for business

• Reviewed: 6 April 2015

• Reviewed: 10 January 2015

Excellent breakfast

Excellent breakfast

• Reviewed: 5 January 2015

There are also 23 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.