Reviews of Prima Kings Hotel 4 stars

#55 of 111 hotels in Jerusalem

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

A very pleasant stay!
    • Standard Twin Room

Dinner could have been better. Though plenty of choice .

We needed a room suitable for my husband who is a wheelchair user. Al the facilities were excellent and the bathroom was perfect! The staff were very helpful and kind. The position of the hotel was excellent as everything is close by. Much improved since our last visit a few years ago!!

Convenient location but costly at £200 a night for what it was. what
    • Mini Suite

Breakfast staff not very approachable. Some staff did not understand English so well so breakfast staff appeared unapproachable and unhelpful. As were some of the front desk. I wasn’t made aware that I could use the Kings Louge until the very last night when it was all too late anyway.

Check in was efficient and the person on duty was cheerful and helpful. The same person was also helpful regarding a tour booking (I wanted to see Bethlehem &Jericho if possible). The company I booked with through the hotel (Ashrof) was very poor value for the amount of money. Bar tender was really great. As was the pianist. Wide range of foods at breakfast.

Fabulous. Please see comment above.
    • Standard Twin Room

More choices on the room service menu would be nice.

This was my second stay at the hotel. I am more than satisfied! The location is perfect. The rooms are well equipped and clean. The friendliness of the staff is a major bonus!

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

By far the BEST hotel in all of Jerusalem!
    • Deluxe Room (2 Adults+1 Child)

By far the BEST hotel in all of Jerusalem! Central location... 5 minutes walk to Mamila. Short walk to the Kotel and also walking distance to Ben Yehuda & Shuk. I’ve stayed at many hotels in Jerusalem and this is by far my favorite! Spacious rooms, synagogue, restaurant, business lounge, very friendly staff. We loved our stay there and look forward to return the next time we are in Jerusalem!

The food .
    • Standard Twin Room

The noise by the children during the week end The staff cleaning sometimes they don.t do the cleaning correctly. For exemple they don.tclean the floor or they forget to give the towels...

The food . The staff. But you have to do a good soup.and bread mezonot.

Not a welcoming experience
    • Standard Twin Room

The staff was indifferent to our needs. There were few warm greetings and little effort to make its feel welcome. The dining room staff was rude. The cleaning and maintenance staff, on the other hands, were kind and friendly.

The location was excellent and the facilities were comfortable.

The food was excellent.
    • Standard Twin Room

The noise during the week end friday night to saturday night. The children go everywhere with a lot of noise and they play near the room....

The food was excellent.personnel also. But the cleaners doesn.t clean properly. And sometimes they forgot to put towels. Also during saturday you have a lot lot noise by the children.

Not the fanciest place, but the staff and location are...
    • Standard Twin Room

Bathroom is very unsafe and very much lacks comfort. I recommend lining the bottom of the bathtub and installing sliding doors

Not the fanciest place, but the staff and location are fantastic!

Will return with a group next year
    • Standard Twin Room

The noise from the traffic on the rooms with a balcony made sleeping hard

The location was central and the Old City in walking distance. We bought a tour group - the hotel was courteous to our guide and welcoming for her too

The staff is not at all professional.
    • Standard Twin Room

The staff is not at all professional. The reviews in Booking were so good, I was sure we would be staying at a wonderful hotel. What a disappointment. The decor & facilities were very outdated. The breakfast was nothing special compared to other hotels I have stayed at in Israel. I was glad we were there only one night. The shower & bathroom were old.

Great place to stay at..
    • Standard Twin Room

,everything was excellent. Staff was very accommodating. Location is central to all parts of Jerusalem. Very good value. Will use again.. Room is somewhat small. Bathtub/shower access is hard for seniors.

NEVER AGAIN. (the rating says 2.5, because is the lowest... i'll give them a 0)
    • Standard Twin Room

There where many errors in Prima Kings while we stayed there. Starting with the -very poor- cleanness. Not only the room wasn’t as clean as it should, 4 days we where woken up by the guy around 8am asking us how much more time we where gonna take to leave the room, in spite that the “do not disturb” sign was on the door. Staff wasn’t helpful, every question we had, they seem to be annoyed by… I told them I needed an invoice and I constantly remind them that the data they had on was incorrect, they said that at the end, they will fix it... well, they didn’t. They told me there was nothing they could do about it. And far the worst thing was our checkout day. We needed to get to TelAviv airport, but the Giro de Italia event was happening in Jerusalem, and they couldn’t provide information, options or any proper options for us because “they didn’t know”. I have to say that every day of the week I told them I wanted to book a shuttle or something, they say they’ll figure it out on the afternoon before our departure… and yes, you’ve guest it… they didn’t. Well guys, I know that the GIro was a city event, and not your event, but you as part of the service industry should provide at least information and clarity for your international guests that don’t speak Hebrew and don’t have internet on the streets. The answer was “you should walk” not even a direction, not even an estimate, not even a thing. I don’t believe that’s how you treat guests who just spent 10 days in your property.

Amazing business stay!
    • Standard Twin Room

Bathroom was very clean except for the bath itself which was a little dirty (but it’s just nitpicking) would definitely recommend!

It was wonderful and the staff were incredibly helpful and nice. Very comfortable bed and the breakfast was to die for!

We were very happy with the Prima Kings. The location is great, the staff and service excellent.
    • Standard Twin Room

Bathrooms on the main floor (lobby level) would have been good.

The staff was very attentive and helpful, from the desk clerks to the dining room staff to the management. They are a great asset to the hotel.

Short and sweet. Met my needs.
    • Standard Twin Room

Higer standard of kashrus. like badatz, some people don't eat rabbinut hechshar.

Great selection of salads for breakfast. Friendly, helpful staff. AMAZING view of the city!!! Thanks for the great room :)

easy
    • Standard Twin Room

because I booked and through Bookings I couldn't get a credit for one night since i had to leave earlier than expected.

very convenient to the Old City

ok but would have preferred more comfortable sleeping accommodations
    • Standard Twin Room

mattresses were old and worn out - felt the coils - they need to update; noisy location even on a high floor; food was OK - some were good dishes and others like salad need improvement

staff was generally helpful; no ability to change dollars to Israeli shekel even though it says they do change money; were directed to post office but failed to indicate, it's closed - staff unfamiliar with area; location convenient; cleaning was fine; staff was somewhat friendly and tried to accommodate

Amazing location, good value, friendly, but not knowledgable staff. Family friendly.

No parking. Big problem if you are renting a car. The hotel is run from the corporate office. Most employees at the front desk cannot answer questions we had.

Best location in central Jerusalem.

nice hotel in a great area

the food was average

the food was ok , just average......did not like doing my booking then making changes and being told upon arrival that they did not receive the info and i owe more money........had to ask for extra towels.......and what i really did not like was that there seemed to be a communication gap between the kitchen , eating area and the sukka .......every time we sat down we were told go here then we would go and then did not know anything about it...

Overall — FANTASTIC ! went daily though across the street for coffee
    • Standard Twin Room

Coffee awful - FOR ISRAEL ? where the best exists ?! Not acceptable . vegetables not optimal , israel vegetables known for the best , tomatoes weren’t up to par ...

Location , price & service

Your Wi-Fi connectivity was better than other hotels where I stayed.
    • Standard Twin Room

The lighting in the room was insufficient for my needs. As people get older, say older than 40 years old, their vision is not as sharp as it used to be. Having the option for really good light in hotel rooms would be very much appreciated by your older clientele.

I loved the dates and other fruits provided with breakfast.

• Standard Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

I did not like that I was traveling alone with my 3 kids and they gave me 2 rooms that were not connecting. (maximum of 3 people per room). I couldn't leave one of my kids alone in a room, the oldest is 9 so the 4 of us had to squeeze in one room. They still insisted I had to pay for the second room since they couldn't officially assign all 4 of us to one room. This made for not the best night sleep. In the morning they changed us to a connecting room for our 2nd (and final) night but it took a while.

Great location. Rooms clean and fine. Food pretty good. I also really appreciated that we did not have to check out until after Shabbat. That was a really great perk.

The hotel was just okay, nothing special.
    • Deluxe Twin Room with Balcony

The king bed was terrible. We had to ask for a replacement mattress after first night. They did that but it had a ridge down the middle which was very uncomfortable. The entire hotel seems dated and tired. There was the smell of smoke in the halls. The elevator is tiny and can hardly hold 4 people. The location is the best part of the hotel. Convenient to everything especially The Great Synagogue.There was a nice fruit plate and chocolate greeting in room. The perk of using the lounge was nice with the free food and drink offered. Would make a repeat visit.

The staff was responsive and helpful.

Jerusalem's Best 4 Star Hotel
    • Standard Twin Room

This hotel is conveniently located near Jerusalem's Old City and other tourist attractions, as well being near to a few good restaurants. The hotel's own restaurant serves excellent breakfast and dinner. The hotel is very clean, and the rooms are large. Beds are comfortable, and hotel staff is friendly and helpful.

The prima kings hotel is not a good hotel to stay in it is...
    • Standard Twin Room

The prima kings hotel is not a good hotel to stay in it is not clean and the service is sub par. The food was ok and the gym is small and smelled of cigarettes. The rooms are small and the bathrooms are tiny and smelly. Room service barely cleans. I would not stay here again it is over priced for such low quality

Best location
    • Family Mini Suite

There is staff standing by entrance to hotel but they never open the door for you. There was no family friendly room for children.

Beds were comfortable. Elevators were all operating.

Another perfect vacation at the Prima Kings in Jerusalem!
    • Standard Twin Room

Would have preferred whole wheat bread with grains for breakfast.

The room was comfortable, the matching robes were a nice bonus. I loved the magnifying mirror in the bathroom. Breakfast was great and the home made jams delicious. The staff were pleasant and accommodating.

Simple but clean and gracious staff
    • Standard Twin Room

Difficult to load in and out on busy street

The desk staff were incredibly helpful with early check-in and honoring an online promotion price. The big bottled water & chocolates were complimentary, and they offered access to a private lounge as well. Rooms have balconies with two chairs and flower boxes; my view was spectacular!

The hotel offered a central location;
    • Standard Twin Room

It would have been nice if the linens included washcloths, but I brought my own. I would have liked to be able to make change at the front desk--tried twice, but could not.

The hotel offered a central location; a hairdryer; coffeepot; small safe; spotless room and bathroom; and bonus extra a small balcony replete with flowers, and a lovely view; helpful staff. Although many hotels offer these things, I felt very comfortable at the Kings and would return.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

5 star treatment for a third of the price.
    • Standard Twin Room

Convenient location, great breakfast, perfect and reliable free wifi, clean rooms, friendly staff all for a fraction of a price of the "five stars" down the street.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

I loved the location the view was great, my problem.
    • Standard Twin Room with Balcony

I loved the location the view was great, my problem. Was with a tour of Jerusalem with Ben Harim tours , the tour guide was awful, I had an accident when he closed the car door on my hand and ruined my trip,

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Adequate Reasonable Hotel in Nice Jerusalem Neighborhood
    • Standard Twin Room

Standard bedroom and bathroom were small. Only one person at a time could use bathroom. Fitness room had minimal equipment. Did not use Spa.

Meals catering to tourist groups were fresh buffets with many different cultural options, and at breakfast, fresh omelets and breads were very good. Having in room thermostats to lower temperature was very much appreciated. Located in lovely and safe residential area within walking distance of Old City.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Good for large groups
    • Standard Twin Room

Requested concierge (front desk) make two restaurant reservations. One made but never received response on second request (asked twice).

Fantastic breakfast, comfortable room

Unique expectations to be enjoyed
    • Standard Twin Room with Balcony

2 Lifts are not enough and for someone with lung problem walking the stairs is not an option.

Especially Tarif at reception, Pauline in the dining area, Mahmoud the house keeper and the lady who seemed to be there all the time were excellent and were consistently friendly and happy to go out of their way to help customers. In my case no question I put to Tariq was stupid, he remained thoroughly professional and dito for the ladies. Pauline noticed a lady customer spilling some wine on the floor when she wanted to share her wine with her mother. Pauling was very reassuring and removed the spillage immediately. Well done.

Fantastic and very impresive city, good location, tasteful...
    • Standard Twin Room

Cleanness in the room, very strong smell in lobby, the door card from Prima Kings Business Lounge where prepared after additional request. The staff in reception maight be more helpful and attentive:)

Fantastic and very impresive city, good location, tasteful breakfast, fantastic Personal in lobby bar and nice coffee, the newspapers every morning where delivered to the room. Manager tried to solve existing problems in very short time. Some services where unavailable in hotel and in city because of the holidays in the country, but this was't a problem and it was very interesting to touch and to see. A nice weather in April:)

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

Disappointing experience. Only for low budgets who don't mind about comfort.
    • Standard Twin Room

There are so many things. The staff is not helpful at all, they don't know many things and they don't want to help you at all. The breakfast is very poor and always there are things missing, not only food, things like glasses and cutlery and fr a long time. The room was very small and he curtains didn't cover all the windows, so it was very unpleasant to sleep there. I recommend it if you have a low budget but definitely not if you want to be confortable in a nice hotel, returning to a nice place after being all day outside walking around.

Good location. Near from Mamilla and Old City.

Perfect position and overall a great hotel
    • Mini Suite

the breakfasts were great, the staff were superb and extra friendly and helpful and the hotel is spotless and really well run. For our leisure purposes the position could not have been better

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

the pillows were good
    • Standard Twin Room

I have stayed here on multiple occasions. I am disabled and they have a stair lift up to dinning room - however this has NEVER been used and I am reliant on staff lifting my frame up and down the stairs. I don't understand why they hide the lift away.

the pillows were good

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

I'd definitely stay there again
    • Standard Twin Room

While they made the beds and changed the towels every day the bathroom wasn't actually cleaned once while we were there.

The location is excellent, the rooms are small but comfortable. We had a balcony which was nice too.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Prime location, Prime affordable hotel.
    • Standard Twin Room

Keep the coffee shop open until midnight. Love the food, and speedy service.

The staff's attention despite the hotel being fully booked with different groups. Also, whenever we returned to the hotel the room was made.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

We had difficulty with key hetting into lounge.
    • Standard Twin Room

We had difficulty with key hetting into lounge. A gentleman who I presume was the manager let us in but then took the trouble to arrange for one of his staff to bring us new keys. Leading by example- i am sure staff must be better for it Excellent location good value

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

A little noisy

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Really pleasant.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Beds were lumpy and old!

Hotel was in a great location.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

The place was in a perfect location, staff was friendly and...
    • Standard Twin Room

The place was in a perfect location, staff was friendly and food was very good

Extremely disappointed
    • Standard Twin Room

- bad maintenance - food was disappointing and low level - noisy room - unfriendly staff

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

The staff was great.
    • Standard Twin Room

The staff was great. I ended up having to leave early and the staff was very helpful and caring.

Very nice staff
    • Standard Twin Room

Very nice staff Best position in jerusalem

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Jerusalem at its best

Room service

The hotel was clean, generous, nice and in a perfect location.

Everything I expected from our favorite hotel.
    • Standard Twin Room

Bathroom was clean and well appointed. Breakfast was perfect . Staff pleasant. Loved the afternoon coffee bar.

Nice clean hotel
    • Family Mini Suite

Perfect

Nice clean hotel

Good hotel

Busy breakfasts Slow lifts

Location Breakfast Business Lounge

Room was cool when I entered.
    • Standard Twin Room

Room was cool when I entered. Food was kosher and delicious. Surprised me with access to the business lounge!

Great view.

Great view. Great food

Ticked all the boxes

Nothing to improve

Clean and tidy. Yummy breakfast. Great location. Friendly staff.

Location, good meal,friendly stuff

Price is high

Location, good meal,friendly stuff

All in all everything was good. Breakfast very good.
    • Standard Twin Room

The soap and shower arrangement.

Aric Night Manager.

they gave us 6th floor access to the club room was a great...
    • Standard Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

I loved it

they gave us 6th floor access to the club room was a great perk! also breakfast was awesome!

Central location, walking distance to the old city,...

The hotel is quite old.

Central location, walking distance to the old city, excellent breakfast.

We were comfortable overall, but the bed wasn’t firm.

The bed

Free wine

Loved the place
    • Standard Twin Room

Could not open the window because of the noise outside (very buisy street and traffic).

The bedroom was ready earlier than expected the bed was very...
    • Standard Twin Room

The bedroom was ready earlier than expected the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was lavish and delicious

Elegant hotel, amazing location, and delicious food at the lounge made my stay here very enjoyable.
    • Standard Twin Room

Housekeeping would knock on my door when I was trying to sleep and I had a do not disturb sign up.

Really enjoyed our stay. Thanks
    • Standard Twin Room

great afternoon snacks in lounge. Delicious breakfast

Revamp needed
    • Standard Twin Room

Hotel is in need of a revamp.

position

Happy to stay there again!
    • Deluxe Twin Room with Balcony

Lounge accommodations and hours were wonderful. Staff was great. Excellent location.

Family visit
    • Standard Twin Room

Small bathroom, old dark carpets in the communal areas

Good atmosphere in the lobby and restaurant

Hardly 3 stars , old, and the price it’s like 4 stars+

All it’s so old and is not 4 stars hotel

Service was good

Excellent smaller Hotel, convenient location, great staff, very good wifi and plentiful breakfast.
    • Standard Twin Room

Wonderful breakfast, fast reliable wifi, great lounge and excellent location

Poor sound insulation both between rooms and with very busy traffic outside
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Clean and mostly friendly staff.

Best location
    • Standard Twin Room

Knocking on our door at 08:00 in the morning. Everyhting else was wonderfull!

Best hotel in the area!

Wouldn't stay here if I needed more than just a crash pad.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Everything could have been better. Expensive for what it is.

The 2 dinners that we did take part in were unedible and...
    • Standard Twin Room

The 2 dinners that we did take part in were unedible and the breakfasts were fair with the bread that was served several times was frozen.

Found what I expected and more.
    • Standard Twin Room

The breakfast was nicely arranged and the choices were plentiful. Staff was courteous and helpful.

Great stay
    • Standard Twin Room

The room was just what we expected and the food provided by the hotel exceeded our expectations -fabulous

I recomend it
    • Standard Triple Room

Some of the staff not very nice

Free wheel chair for all the stay !!!