Reviews of Prima Palace Hotel

2A Pines Street, Jerusalem, 91013, Israel

#63 of 106 hotels in Jerusalem

Staff could be nicer.

The staff on arrival were superb and all was good... But the next day, the staff member at reception was just rude. The hotel is clean, but there was a sock under the bed, so how well was the room cleaned?

• Economy Double Room

They should have better traveling guides with a clearer outline what serves the hotel dose or does not provide, and the staff should be able to tell you what is the closest resteround and till what our they or open and the same with a shul.

I'd been traveling for over 24 hours and fell asleep elsewhere. That being the case, I was charged the full amount for my absence As I've been a regular customer at Prima Palace over the years, I was surprised and disappointed that I wasn't given a break.

• Economy Double Room

This hotel is popular with religious Jews, so on Shabbat ( from Friday night to Saturday ) the lift was in "Shabbat" mode, which stops on every floor every few minutes. Unfortunately, after stopping it was loudly beeping every time, and my room was close to the lift, so I could not sleep Friday night because of the constant beeping. I understand the prohibition on work on Saturday, but nowhere in the Torah or Talmud it says that the lift should beep!

great location, very big buffer breakfast.

• Economy Double Room

Rooms were rather small. Breakfast was adequate,

Room while small was clean and functional. property had a nice up kept feel to it. Good location. Staff was accomdating

• Standard Double or Twin Room

your hotel was recommended by family and we were not disappointed. enjoyed our stay very much. the location was fantastic, food was great, and staff very accomodating.. thanks.

• Economy Double Room

Its far to expensive for this small room. The Meals for Shabbat are overpriced expensive, especially for what you get. Places are left very dirty. The Food is not special and not enough choices (again, for 250nis a person i expect much more!)

The location is great! Shabbat friendly

• Economy Double Room

I liked everything! It was pricey for us but the convenience was totally worth it!

The room was in the same place as the wedding and was super convienant! Loved the kosher breakfast! We were able to have breakfast with the rest of the family. A big plus for us.

• Economy Double Room

Why was there no hot water and we were told because room is at end of hall it takes a long time - why weren’t we moved to a room with hot water???

Location was good - there was no hot water which we notified management the first day with no attempt to rectify or compensate us— food at buffet was not fresh

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Absolutely need more TV channels (8 is not appropriate given the number available in Jerusalem)-CNN only one in English, Refrigerator very small, no directory of phone numbers for service. No ice machine on floor- always required room service. Bed was very low to the ground. Safe operation label was not readable. Coffee machine in lobby for 5nis would be great

Staff very Helpful, Location Great,Hotel is well maintained, Breakfast was OK, Handicap Bathroom was great.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

the mattresses could use an upgrade! The furniture in the room too!

The location was good. The breakfast was nice variety-not the same thing every morning. Disappointed with the gentleman by breakfast. He was outgoing to the regulars, not to the newcomer.

• Economy Double Room

The staff. Extremely rude, not courteous, and not at all helpful. Was left standing in the rain on Sat night at midnight in a chilly rain because there was no one at the front desk to buzz us in. The rooms are extremely small.

The Loaction

• Economy Double Room

Would have been nice to have easier access to the parking and not have to get out go to the lobby ask them to open the gate have someone come and finally park

• Economy Double Room

After calling the front desk to open the parking gate I would have to wait a while (like 5-10 min) they should open it, so annoying sitting in you car just waiting the should open up... Bathroom wasn't the cleanliness but it was OK to pass.

• Economy Double Room

Rooms are a little small, the room service could be a little more thorough, otherwise all very normal.

Location is excellent, breakfast is great,,Mikvah & Shul on premises is a plus,

• Economy Double Room

Waiting for the staff to open the gate at the parking and needing to be buzzed in and out the front gate. If I may suggest a button at the front desk to open the gate for parking and that the card key should work in and out of the front gate too.

The location and staff was great

• Economy Double Room

wherever we stayed in Isreal we would rate Prima the best hands down! The room is cool n clean, the location is excellent, and the breakfast was great! HIghly recommended!

• Economy Double Room

Asked the hotel a question before coming, but received no answer. After all, my concerns turned out to be unnecessary.

The bed & sleep was perfect. Appreciated that TV provided good movies in English. The breakfast was great. For one day the air conditioning went off, but caused no major problems. Fast Wi-Fi.

• Deluxe Triple Room

wasn't that well cleaned on last 2 days of our stay and air condition needed clearer instructions of use

Good helpful service, Fantastic convenient location. Tasty, generous breakfast, Beds very comfortable

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony

I paid for the best room with a balcony & I got a small ugly room, rusty balcony, the fridge smelled, the worst of all is that they are in a busy location & they dont offer parking, I even got a parking ticket because i had to park illegally after looking for parking a half hour, they were doing construction while I was there & made a lot of noise & did not let me sleep.

the outside lobby

• Economy Double Room

The rooms are very small.

I wished I knew the hotel is located in a EXTREMELY religious area. People were very nice, but we felt a little uncomfortable for being the one and only outsider.

• Economy Double Room

Not that I have any problem with that at all, but Prima Palace is a religious hotel for the Jewish Ultra Orthodox community. It may not be for everyone.

The location was very good. There are good restaurants and excellent markets nearby.

• Economy Double Room

the rooms are very old needs a paint ASAP!, very very small rooms, i found dirt form the previous guests - looks like they didn't change the garbage..... the staff wasn't that bad but not too helpfull

the location was very fine!

• Economy Double Room

I was very unhappy to wake up in the morning to find a dead mouse on the floor of my room. I was also very upset that when I booked I requested to stay the whole day and leave at night as it was holiday for me. They never responded to my request. When I got there they made me wait until the morning of to tell me that I can stay the whole day. I was therefore very worried the whole night before about what I would do if I wouldn't be able to stay.

I liked the location because it was very centrally located. I also liked that everything looked very new and updated and the beds were very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Unless you are orthodox Jewish, do not stay here. They would not use even bring small leftovers from our dinner into hotel because it was not kosher. Also, bed was not made and bathroom not cleaned as we requested. Room facilities need work (egs torn window curtains). Also there were kids with their toys running around in common hallways late into night. Breakfast was also poor.

Location next to Yehuda Mahane Market

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• Economy Double Room

No complaints. I will continue to book this hotel.

Huge breakfast buffet, cast choices. Location is one block from light rail, restaurants, ATMs and street shopping, plus near famous market.

• Reviewed: 2 April 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The receptionist was exceptionally rude, he had a computer glich and was on the phone to some form of I.T support, he completely ignored us for 11 minutes (i counted) then, asked us "what do you want" (erm...to check in) He then refused to beleive that we had already paid in advance and asked twice if we were sure we had paid, he refused to beleive us, but luckily i kept the receipt. Further comunication was abrupt and dismissive. The toilet was filthy in our room.

The restaurant attendant was such a lovely sweet man. Which made up for a very basic menu.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The day we checked in we were given a 1 liter bottle of water with two plastic cups. (We like using disposables) Wonderful! On the second day we were told if we wanted another water, day #2 and #3, we would have to pay for it. ?????? Also, they did not supply plastic cups on day 2 or 3. We got 2 from the front desk. Otherwise, it was a good place to stay.

We liked ALMOST everything...with the exception that when we went to check in I was told we had a reservation for 2 rooms. That was not the case. The desk lady said we needed to resolve it with the booking agency and the booking agency said we needed to resolve it with the property so I wouldn't get charged twice. BUMMER! Anyway, it was resolved by I do not know who. It got resolved and that was all that mattered. Just a small glitch.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

• Economy Double Room

Sabbath elevator makes unusually loud noise that can be heard from all floors, difficult to sleep w the noise. Some street noise especially late at night.

Synagogue on site, very helpful staff, plentiful breakfast.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

• Economy Double Room

The hotel is old..which affects the rooms, the elevator and the whole atmosphere. There is not a real parking..i had to pay extra 180₪ for 1.5 days of parking in the near parking lot. I think it's a bad value for money.

Good Breakfast, good location

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff could have been friendlier and more willing to smile when interacting with a customer. Would have liked there to be some information in the bedroom about what facilities available at the hotel.

Comfortable rooms and very good breakfast

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

• Economy Double Room

hotel isn't so clean, everything is old, rooms, lobby, breakfast hall, it really needs a make-over !

the only good thing about the hotel was the staff, actually I was not expecting anything better, you get what you pay for.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

• Economy Double Room

Small Room (if ordered via Booking.com - as got to know afterwards via friends). No Ventilation in the Bathroom. Toilet seat shaking. Noisy Fridge. Poor breakfast.

• Economy Double Room

The staff are awful, unfriendly and rude. The room was not very clean.

The location is excellent. Close to everything.

Great venue great breakfast

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony

I had a difficult time with the online booking

• Economy Double Room

You charged me for two breakfasts every day and I was there alone

It was exactly what I expected

• Economy Double Room

Very relaxing and very comfortable

• Economy Double Room

I would have preferred a walk-in shower than a bath

Staff were helpful and it has a lovely yard at the entrance.

Mikvah

The breakfast Sunday morning

Mikveh and Breakfast

Hot cups too small

Better cleaning

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony

The rooms were amply furnished the beds were comfortable. The location is perfect. Very convenient.

shortage of parking facilities

good breakfast and location.friendly staff

Great breakfast!

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Short distance to geula

Excellent location.Very central

• Economy Double Room

don't pay cash and don't go there if you have a car

noting mage

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff not friendly or helpful. Breakfast was ok

Location was excellent. Walking distance to the old city and public transport

• Economy Double Room

Breakfast served was really delicious and the staff at the dining room added to an extra cozy atmosphere.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Bad Customer Service. No Parking. No Wifi. Small beds. Very uncomfortable....

I liked everything

parking is complicated

Friendly and flexible staff. Great location and nice breakfast. Nice bedrooms.

Everything was good

Excellent location, hearty breakfast

Shachris Minyan

• Economy Double Room

When we had to ask for soap and shampoo

Location and breakfast

• Standard Double or Twin Room

food, room, minyan, mikvah, location

Just great place

• Economy Double Room

Room service could have been improved. Cups were not washed and tea / coffee supplies weren't always refilled.

nothing really

all what i needed and looking for was under one roof........

• Economy Double Room

great location, near center of city and religious areas

• Economy Double Room

Nothing no service and very not clean

• Economy Double Room

Free WIFI was advertised but was not available. Would not recommend it to someone who depends on advertised free WIFI.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

The rude receptionist.

• Economy Double Room

Not a particularly modern or luxurious hotel, not a particularly large room.

Excellent location and affordable Shabbat accomodations

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Room was tiny

Location , some limited parking

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

thermostat of heat was broken

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Not enough parking

Its centraly located

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Parking my rent a car was hell

Easy going excellent breakfast

• Economy Double Room

the room was litalbet smeal

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

• Economy Double Room

The window was broken and the electricity kept popping

The location is great

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Room and beds were on the small side

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017