Reviews of Renaissance Tel Aviv Hotel

121 Hayarkon Street, Tel Aviv, 63453 , Israel

#80 of 125 hotels in Tel Aviv

We were happy and enjoyed our stay
    • Deluxe Sea View Room with Balcony

Bar was ok but could be better with staff more alert. Was with guests for about 30 minutes and nobody came to ask if we wanted something.

Everything ok, not much more to say

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Request a renovated room at this hotel !
    • Executive Sea View Room with Balcony

Was given a corner room that was pretty pathetic. Bathroom had yellow lighting and was very small. Complained to management and told us they had renovated rooms. We asked why weren't we given a new room? I guess the new girl at the front desk needed more training. Manager tried his best and although new room was better it was still small and a negative impression of the hotel was already made. Management initially said they would charge 1 night for our 2 rooms but after expressing our displeasure of the property, they agreed to refund .

I did not like anything about this hotel .

Satisfied
    • Executive Sea View Room and Lounge Access

I hás access to executive lounge. Small choice of food and the same food every day. During the hours that they serve some food was too much crowded because the lounge is very small.

Disappointment .
    • Executive King Room with Club Lounge Access

Disappointment ..I had booked a one night stay at the hotel, when I arrived naturally I went to make a check-in,first they wanted to charge me 500$ instead of the original price for the night which is 370$.. just in case I used any of the paid services during my stay..as the person at the counter said..what kind of hotel does that? Then they actually tried to charge me and there was a problem in their system so it declined my credit card which I use all the time and works just fine. I ended up going to a different hotel but was really disappointed and would never go back or recommend the hotel to anybody .

The staff couldn't have been kinder and more helpful.
    • Executive Sea View Room with Balcony

The staff couldn't have been kinder and more helpful. Everything I asked for was met with help and a genuine sense of hospitality. They allowed me a check out an hour after the limit. They held my bags in the security area for a long time after I checked out. They allowed me to stay on the deck even past the hour when they closed. It was all very much appreciated.

Great location with fabulous breakfast. Staff friendly and rooms very clean
    • Comfort Sea View room with Balcony

Rooms could be more modern in appearance. Carpet replaced . Remove bath and replace with walk in shower. Parking could be included in price.

Easy exit to beach and great location in genral.

I highly recommend this hotel, great great great!

A little pricey.

Good food, great location, good service, nice room.conveniet location, we loved the balcony overlooking the beach and the sound of the water.

MEMORABLE

WE LOVE EVERYTHING!!

Everything!! we traveled for our wedding to Tel Aviv from Eilat. Everybody knows that and they did everything to feel us in a dream!! All the presents, the attention, the vip lounge, the bar and of course the reception. The staff really was amazing!! And also I wanna say thanks to the house keeping department to make my suit wedding in less time they have!! THANK YOU EVERYBODY!!!! Agustin & Gina Billig

Absolutely fabulous!
    • Executive Sea View Room with Balcony

Bar staff suggested upgrades on food and drink not making it clear the difference in cost.

Location is fabulous. You can walk straight onto the beach. The hotel is modern and stylish. The food was good. Especially liked the beachfront bar in the evening.

I shall return ! Quoting Gen. MacArthur
    • Deluxe Sea View Room with Balcony

There is no 5 star hotel in the world where a guest who enters his room does not find a small bottle of water some fruit and a greeting card especially if this is his 4th or 5th visit. Renaissance? מידבר. שופ דבר. Shape up and do better!

Nice location on the beach but everything cost extra !
    • Executive Sea View Room with Balcony

Upon checkout at 3 30 AM we had asked for boxed breakfasts for our tired group and they came without coffee and so we kindly asked for 3 coffees to go and they said it would be extra unless it was pre ordered. Really ?? We had paid for a full buffet breakfast but had to leave early and this was our send off after paying $400/night They could work on their customer relations.

The hotel location on the beach is great

A very enjoyable stay, with healthy eaters catered for.
    • Deluxe Sea View Room with Balcony

The window cleaner walking into my room without knocking first. Security were very efficient though.

I loved the fact that I could get 1% milk in the restaraunt and after asking once I automatically got it each day. Thank you. The hotel caters for a diverse amount of tastes and diets Kol Kavod.

The location and the balconies are great.
    • Deluxe Sea View Room with Balcony

The location and the balconies are great. Almost all of the staff was excellent except on who was on maintenance, which was reported. The breakfast is very good. The views are breathtaking. teh spa and pool wonderful!

Poor Value for Money
    • Deluxe Sea View Room with Balcony

- poor value for money: very expensive for rather average hotel - very loud rooms: thin walls and doors made of chipboard makes you feel like sharing the room with your neighbours and people in the hallway - old building from the 70‘s or 80‘s needs modernization (stuff looks dated, slow elevators, etc) - sub-standard breakfast. food tastes a bit bland, mostly vegetarian stuff: no bacon, no sausage - not even non-pork sausages or ham. - housekeeping knocks you awake 08:30-09:00 if you don‘t put up a „don‘t disturb“ sign, also on weekends - taxi scam: taxis in front of the hotel charge higher prices than normal taxis: 160-170 shekel to te ariport vs. normal taxi 120-140; of the surcharge they give 20 shekel commission to the hotel with receipt (despicable hotel attitude to rip-off guests!)

- good location directly on the beach, possible to walk along the coast to Jaffa port - kind and helpful staff - spa with warm pool and view on the beach is nice (some sunbeds next to the pool would be good- currently just chairs to sit next to the pool, so not possible to relax after a swim) - most rooms have a nice view on the beach & city skyline (tip: take a room facing south towards the sheraton for nicer view)

A very comfortable hotel with excellent breakfast options
    • Deluxe Sea View Room with Balcony

Floor of balcony was dirty as was the kettle and hairdryer. Bathroom very small

Excellent buffet breakfast. Great choice. Very helpful and welcoming staff. Tea/coffee making equipment. Next to beach and easy walk to buses/shops, restaurants/cafes and museum of art. Balcony with view. Quiet room. Comfortable bed

I would recommend this property for both business and leisure travel!
    • Executive Sea View Room and Lounge Access

The noise from construction at the next building and in the Renaissance was quite loud from 8am until the afternoon. It only effected us the first/second day as we tried to sleep adjusting to the time change. The rest of the time we were out and about and not impacted by the drilling and construction noise. The bathroom on the 11th floor was a little tight. My sons room on the7th floor didn't have a tub but had a large modern shower which was quite lovely.

From check in to check out the staff was so friendly and helpful. Breakfast was a delight and having access to the executive lounge allowed for some quality family down time. My family enjoyed the pool and close proximity to the beach. We had 2 rooms during our stay, both were lovely with the room on the 7th floor obviously renovated as it was more modern then the 11th floor, both rooms had wonderful views of the beach and the marina. Any calls placed to housekeeping for additional towels or later room attention were attended to pleasantly and promptly, this added to the comfortable stay we experienced.

Stellar location. Nice clean hotel. This hotel made 1st impression of Tel Aviv a great one.
    • Executive Sea View Room and Lounge Access

Lots of construction in the neighboring hotel. Working in the room during the day was not really practical. We stopped for the lunch one day at the hotel restaurant and that was pretty expensive for what it was, better food around the corner at the beach bar for less money. Executive lounge was nice, but the check in at the door made it feel like a nightclub. The 1 pkg of coffee in the room was ok, but for the $0.25 cost throw 3 or 4 in there eh?

It is a nice hotel. Beautiful location. Loved that i could open the door to the baclony! Great staff, very helpful. Breakfast every day was Great. Good selection and open early all of the wait staff were very attentive. Front desk staff also very helpful. Location is easy walking to everywhere in Tel Aviv. Good experience.

Location is excellent
    • Executive Sea View Room with Balcony

More consideration where they place guests in rooms and floors, was kept awake most of the night by partying women on my floor, no intervention from hotel and I was staying on a Club Floor

Location is excellent

Amazing 7th floor. The best room I saw in Israel so far
    • Executive King Room with Club Lounge Access

My room was on the 7th floor, which was recently renovated. The room is amazing! However I believe if you are not that lucky you may end up in pretty old style room. Wifi is moderate, I even managed to have a conference.

Great location...exceeded my expectations.
    • Deluxe Sea View Room with Balcony

The manager, Tomer was exceptionally helpful, as was Stanley the Bell Captain. Both knew I was traveling alone and went out their way to helpful. Overall a great staff.

Great access to the Tel Aviv beaches
    • Comfort Sea View room with Balcony

A little dated but they are doing some updating. I reserved two rooms but the rooms were not right next to each other, which was disappointing. I asked about it, but because we booked single beds they said that they don't have any of those right next to each other. This was not made clear when booking or checking in. The hotel does not provide any beach towels or chairs. You have to rent a chair/umbrella from a seperate place on the beach. The in room safe is not easy to use and there was not a fridge in the room. No complimentary bottled water was provided either. They could use another lift/elevator as sometimes the wait was long. No WIFI in the fitness or pool area, this was very disspointing.

The hotel is right on the beach with easy access to the beach during the day, just know that the beach is not private. On the beach are sand volleyball courts and an outdoor fitness area. The beach is very nice with smooth sand and a lot of space. I can imagine it is very busy in the summer though. It is a great place for running outside. Hotel was clean and the WIFI was easy to use and speed was not too bad, I would say average. The indoor pool area is very nice with heated water, it is an indoor pool with a small hot tub with a view of the beach. There is a sauna and steam room which we didn't use. The staff was very friendly with small chocolates at the front desk. The walk to Jaffa is 35 minutes but it is a very nice walk along the beach or on a walking path. One can also rent a bicycle at one of multiple bike rental stations along the way. There is coffee and tea in the room but the coffee is instant coffee and not Nespresso. The rooms don't have a full sea view from the balcony, it is partial but not full. This was OK for us but so you are aware. Bathrooms and slippers are in the room. The hotel has a breakfast area, a large restaurant and a smaller bistro restaurant. There is also a nice indoor fitness area overlooking the pool area.

Unless sorted will never return
    • Deluxe Sea View Room with Balcony

Unless this above matter is resolved we will never return. Have escalated, a response was promised by end of today. Still waiting.

Great reception staff. Welcoming and friendly. Had a bad experience with the Friday dinner which remains unresolved. Food was cold and unacceptable, duty manager was rude and aggressive refusing to reimburse the expensive cost. Still awaiting money back after leaving yesterday.

I will stay here again.

No complaints

Breakfast-the breakfast buffet is amazing-hot and cold/fresh and dried fruit and veg/salad/cheese selection/cereals/yogurts/fresh breads/pastries..... Espresso machines in the bedrooms; beds really comfortable, and standards of cleanliness excellent

The excellent service at Renaissance
    • Executive Sea View Room and Lounge Access

For my desperate need of accomodation on that night I like all the service being provided.

The location, the friendly staff and the facilities itself.. i was given late check out till 5pm as our check in time at tge airport was at 7pm. Really appreciate the extra service provided.

Excellent breakfast
    • Deluxe Sea View Room with Balcony

The hotel looks tired and very dated and shabby in places. Although it is a no smoking place at times we could definitely smell cigarette smoke which we complained about. Until a refurbishment takes place we think it is slightly over-rated as far as the star system goes.

Excellent breakfast

Excellent location and value for money. Room was a little tired. I would definitely stay there again
    • Executive Sea View Room with Balcony

We first stayed at this property 9 years ago and the room has not been renovated since then. In fairness. It appears that other floors have been renovated so it may be a short time before they get all the floors done,

A little old and small for a luxury hotel but it was clean and everything functioned perfectly,

Our stay was very nice as we were there fir my nieces wedding which they did very nicely
    • Deluxe Sea View Room with Balcony

Rooms were very tired bathroom old fashioned and to small room was really not big enough for three adults although we paid extra. No outdoor pool

The breakfast was very nice plenty of fresh towels once we first reminded them there were three of us in room

• Comfort Sea View room with Balcony

I asked for a cab to go to the airport and they didnt havr it for me. Sonthey needed to catch one on the street and when i got to the airport he didnt accepted credit card. Very inconvenient. It was my first time in the country and in was by myself. It should not Happen.

Great location. Good breakfast. Good beach.

everthing is mentioned above.
    • Executive King Room with Club Lounge Access

I was not happy that we had to pay the full rate including Lounge Access for the 3 days during which the Lounge was closed which is approx. 25 $/day. I shall not come again during this Periode at this rates for these days.

The new rooms we had are nice incl. corridors etc. the kitchen was better than other years. Breakfast was excellent

Amazing hotel in an amazing city!!!!

I liked everything!!!!

Everything. Great location, on the beach, amazing Israeli breakfast with a large variety of fruits salads breads made fresh locally. Very nice and professional staff. Good value for your money.

Fantastic Hotel !!!
    • Executive Sea View Room with Balcony

There was incident at the lounge, which did not not change my overall great impression of the hotel: * The light bulbs broke into small pieces of glass and tiny pieces of glass flew all over executive lounge

*Location is great - the hotel is right on the beach and has direct access to the beach *Service is fantastic: special thanks to Elizabeth at reception, Vanessa and Daniel at the lounge, Ariel at concierge desk - all of you guys are fantastic !!! * Food is fresh, great variety of choices at the breakfast * Swimming pool and jacuzzi are well maintained

Tired and expensive
    • Executive Sea View Room with Balcony

Rooms are small and tired. Public areas similarly in need of some updating. Breakfast is plentiful but served without any style. There is no swimming pool or outside area other than the public beach.

Location is excellent and easily accessible

unfortuneately I did not find the bed to be too comfortable...
    • Comfort Sea View room with Balcony

There is nothing that I caN THINK OF THAT would have been better.

unfortuneately I did not find the bed to be too comfortable other wise everything else was really good. The breakfasts were amazing the choices were unbelievable the food was 1st class. ..All the staff were very helpful and friendlyT.he view from my balcony Twas amazing to be able to see the beach and the oceon.

RUN DOWN
    • Deluxe Sea View Room with Balcony

GENERAL STATUS OF THE HOTEL - NEEDS A REVAMP - SHOWER LEAKS/ AIR CONDITIONER LEAKS - BATHROOMS RUN DOWN AND CLEANING STAFF NOT UP TO SCRACH

LOCATION IS PEREFECT

A hotel in the center of Tel Aviv and on the beach
    • Comfort Sea View room with Balcony

In the room was a electronic payment Mini Bar, which the drinks there, was very, very expensive. We asked the reception to get a empty Mini Bar to the room. We got it and put in it the drinks that we bought from outside. The problem is, that not all the visitors, know about this possibility.

The view of the city of Tel Aviv, and the beach.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Quite expensive for old hotel, but very good location.
    • Executive Sea View Room and Lounge Access

Hotel looks very old, it definitely needs some renovation.

Very good location, first line of beach. Balcony with great views. Nice and comfortable lobby. Friendly stuff at the business center. Fitness center was good, and nice swimming pool.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

overpriced place to avoid much better place in Tel Aviv
    • Deluxe Sea View Room with Balcony

the rooms are basic and out of date, low level rooms suffer from getting all the kitchen smells from the café underneath, your room smells like a mcdonalds if you leave the door open long enough. really poor value for money.

Staff were polite

Reception particularly Elizabeth.
    • Comfort Sea View room with Balcony

Pavel at Reception. Totally cold,rude,officious,unsmiling and unwelcoming. The breakfast was terrible. Unimaginative. 4 days before Pesach they had no bread and served Matza. Having stayed there quite a few times I was looking forward to the breakfasts. The salads were the same every day. Limited dips. Many complained around me. I will never stay there again.

Reception particularly Elizabeth. Not Pavel. Location excellent.

Security Staff is a Turn Off!
    • Deluxe Sea View Room with Balcony

The older security staff are scary!!! One was yelling at me just because I didn't realize that the exit to the beach was already closed. Not a good way to approach a guest! So, because of that security attitude I don't think I would stay there again.

The room and the view were fantastic. Also, the front desk staff were fabulous, friendly and very helpful.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Great Stay. Great Front Desk Staff!
    • Deluxe Sea View Room with Balcony

Yelling security guy at the exit to the beach. I felt like I was three years old! A trait of many older Israeli men.

Staff overall is amazingly friendly. Very helpful front desk staff.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Nice view, great location, other major disappointments however.
    • Comfort Sea View room with Balcony

Car Park - This I found outrageous. They had no parking available for guests and in addition they made you pay a really high fee for parking really far away. House cleaning could be better, I fount this a bit poor. Spa Receptionist - creepy man!! I booked a massage but had to cancel is as the guy at the front desk was inappropriate and weird. - Kept asking me personal questions sat with his shirt unbuttoned from the bottom up and his zip was open. Felt wrong so I didn't go through with it. I found it very expensive for such a not busy season as it was mid winter and they were empty. The view and location is right on the beach and that is worth is to many.

I like the location and the view as well as the breakfast. I also like their indoor pool and Jacuzzi, very helpful during winter visits.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

Great location but dated interior
    • Comfort Sea View room with Balcony

Heating was too hot and couldn't be adjusted. Interior design is dated.

Great view from the breakfast room. Walking distance from restaurants, cafes and bars.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

Management indifference to guest concerns
    • Deluxe Sea View Room with Balcony

Management not solving a big issue for me. Drilling into concrete I didn't see it on booking.com and flew all night and didn't see the small sign at check in Poor response

Hotel drilled into concrete the day I arrived. All day. I was jet lagged with a huge business meeting dinner that night. No sleep. Three different managers said ," sorry there is a small sign by check in advising of this " I asked for either a night comp in the future or adjustment in my bill. Nobody said no , but it was never done. I'm a gold Marriott member who travels monthly to Tel Aviv. They could care less about me or my request.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

Tel Aviv in a gale.
    • Comfort Sea View room with Balcony

We considered breakfast, although a huge selection of good food, the charge per person was quite high.

During our stay the weather was awful for the first day but a little better the second, but even so we enjoyed the hotel very much, especially since there was an indoor pool, hot tub and sauna which were great.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Hotel on the beach
    • Deluxe Sea View Room with Balcony

Upstairs hall decor is bleak: old, dingy brown, out-dated panelled walls, and faded busy blue carpeting. Deluxe room is dull, narrow and small. The musty, citrusy scent in the lobby and lounge smells annoyingly like using heavy perfumes to cover up other bad odors.

Hotel is on the beach, near shops, seaside restaurants, and a boardwalk. The staff is great! They are welcoming, attentive and accommodate requests for taxis, etc. There are nice ocean views from the lobby and room. The lobby opens to nooks for private seating and to live piano music in the evening. Breakfast is delicious, fresh, healthy, lots of choices; seating is indoors, quiet, bright and overlooks the ocean.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Wonderful!
    • Deluxe Sea View Room with Balcony

The only thing I think they can improve are the beds. I'm not even that tall (170cm) but my feet were dangling over the edge. Could also be softer and warmer blanket. But that's honestly my only complaint. My stay was otherwise marvellous.

I stayed 11 nights and absolutely loved it. The hotel is right at the beach which gives you a gorgeous view of the ocean. Even if you're room doesn't overlook it, you get the view from the lobby or breakfast area as well. Scrumptious breakfast really. Plenty to choose from. I'm a vegetarian so for me the dairy kosher was perfect. Staff was utmost friendly, especially the woman of roomservice, breakfast staff and bell boy. Room kept clean and usually checked twice a day. I just had a wonderful time!

Very well located hotel, good place to relax.
    • Deluxe Sea View Room with Balcony

Service at the breakfast restaurant: the service at the breakfast restaurant could be more attentive and helpful.

Location, views, facilities and breakfast buffet.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Location is the best.
    • Deluxe Sea View Room with Balcony

The hotel interior needs renovation. It is old 90s hotel. Carpets are dirty, the doors in the room and anything which has wood on it looks like from the previous century. It is run down hotel. Booked two delux rooms which were pre-paid. However one of the rooms turned out to be on the lower floor than Delux rooms and was just over parking area.

Location is the best. Very nice breakfast, nice entrance to the sea.

Wonderful hotel
    • Comfort Sea View room with Balcony

The bed was a little not comfortable

The room was very clean The view from the 9th floor is stunning

Great location, breakfast, and staff.
    • Comfort Sea View room with Balcony

While the room was fine and with a great view it seemed a little small for the cost.

Great location, breakfast, and staff.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

we enjoyed Daniel and tali in the executive lounge.
    • Executive King Room with Club Lounge Access

we enjoyed Daniel and tali in the executive lounge...very professional and courteous!

The breakfast was very good
    • Deluxe Sea View Room with Balcony

Decoration is kind of dated

The breakfast was very good

The new and renovated rooms are very nice.

The new and renovated rooms are very nice. The old ones are not.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

The breakfast is great.
    • Comfort Sea View room with Balcony

The breakfast is great. The beaches are great. The hotel staff is very friendly.

none

Best beach access & view , great spread of food very polite staff .

Great location, luxurious hotel

Great location, luxurious hotel

Enjoyed our stay
    • Deluxe Sea View Room with Balcony

Room not spaciouse enough for 2 + suitcases. Saturday breakfast room was much too noisy.

All Staff very curtiouse. Superb breakfast. Nice lobby.

Staff were very helpful and location perfect.
    • Executive Sea View Room with Balcony

Staff were very helpful and location perfect. We really enjoyed our three day stay

The food was of very poor quality

The food was of very poor quality

Good beach location, nice view from the room.
    • Executive Sea View Room and Lounge Access

Expensive for what it is. A bit run-down/outdated.

Good beach location, nice view from the room.

Worst hotel for the price in Tel Aviv
    • Deluxe Sea View Room with Balcony

The service is terrible, the staff is not helpful, breakfast is very poor, and rooms are old and not clean.

Good location, not worth the price though
    • Executive Sea View Room with Balcony

Poor service overall, breakfast not at level of other hotels

Great location by the beach

Guests are charged for pariking

Guests are charged for pariking

Tremendous
    • Deluxe Sea View Room with Balcony

Very friendly and helpful staff

Expensive for what it is
    • Deluxe Sea View Room with Balcony

Low service, breakfast could be much better, rooms seem old and toilets/bathroom do not work well.

Good location by the beach, and great views

• Deluxe Sea View Room with Balcony

Breakfast quite poor by Israeli standards. Lifts did not work well. There was insufficient lift capacity for such a big hotel.

Was excellent!

Limited gym access on Sabbath

breakfast, stuff, clean, kindness

Nicely located at the beach of tel aviv
    • Comfort Sea View room with Balcony

The rooms where a bit outdated

The location and the indoor spa

Reasonable room for a one-night, sleep only stay. Overpriced.
    • Comfort Sea View room with Balcony

Small room, a bit dreary

Clean, good shower

I like the location and I feel very good there

I like the location and I feel very good there

Very pleasant stay, great staff
    • Comfort Sea View room with Balcony

Some noise from construction and traffic but that was to be expected

Great staff, Elizabeth in reception was very helpful and pleasant

Fantastic location, tasty breakfast, good pool, teapot in...
    • Comfort Sea View room with Balcony

Fantastic location, tasty breakfast, good pool, teapot in room.

team and business center

team and business center

Friendly staff
    • Deluxe Sea View Room with Balcony

The hotel facilities need renovation.

Friendly staff