Reviews of Ruth Rimonim Hotel

Artist Colony, Safed, 13110, Israel

#5 of 17 hotels in Safed

Breakfast was incredible
    • Double Room with Mountain View

Stuff wasn't helpful in giving any information about tours, car rental. Didn't tell us at registration that pool hours are limited.

Breakfast was incredible

Beautiful view, spacious room, generous breakfast buffet ,...
    • Double Room with Mountain View

Lots of going up and down stairs, due to the geographical nature of the hotel .

Beautiful view, spacious room, generous breakfast buffet , friendly staff, fabulous massage at the spa

Staying in the centre and great view
    • Double Room with Mountain View

Comfortable, spacious room, nice view over surrounding mountains (the city is on the top of a hill). We had a room with a huge balcony. Breakfast was excellent with ample selection of various foods. Hotel is located within walking distance from the city centre. There is parking lot for the hotel guests.

Great facilities and great view and great location
    • Double Room with Mountain View

Please try to train your receptionists better. Being more friendly to your customers would not harm when they arrive or when asking suggestions for dinner. Cleaning starts early and as the walls are thin this makes quite a bit of noise. Each morning we were woken up by staff or guests walking and talking in the hallway. A pity as it is great hotel otherwise. Hope this can be updated.

Great facilities and great view and great location

Not inspiring; will not give RR another try.

We were appalled at attitude of young women on duty at reception in afternoon/evening. She wss non attentive unfriendly & apathetic. We came in later in the evening. In 20 minutes she never looked up, smiled or offered a remark or Do you have everything you need? We barrly saw another guest in hotel, dining room was empty but she couldnt give us 2 rooms together even though we booked well in advance . Also claimed hotel had no maps if area even though the morning vlwrk (who wasnt much friendlier) gave us one immediately. Grounds were poorly lit, no lights at all on stairs or outside of our room. Dinner which turned out to be not a buffet was non edible. Our US guests didnt touch it. Soup was cold salads looked tired and meats so salty and highly seasoned we couldnt eat it. I did the math that dinner for two was an extra 170 shkls. I think we coukd have done better outside... Also room was spartan and gloomy...

Bed was fine...

The location was good.

The Check-in personal did videocall while we were checking in. Very rude. The room was not so clea. And they prepared a double bed even though we wrote in the booking twin and told them on the reception twin...not fun to walk this huge hotel with all bags to carry all back at the end. People park very egoistic and the personal doesnt take care of it

The location was good. Sefed was easily walkable from there

quiet and restful

There was no WiFi in my room. I stayed there for the pool but the pool was closed. The 2nd day they took my perfectly good bar of soap but never replaced it. Shabbat meals are expensive and not that great. Stock up on food before Shabbat or you will go hungry. Absolutely nothing is open. Very restful.

The breakfast was amazing. The grounds beautiful. Good exercise going around town.

Calm and relaxing
    • Double Room with Mountain View

All the staff were helpful especially at reception. The food was all to a high standard with plenty of choice. The view from the hotel is particularly fine.

The staff were rude and tried to charge us Israeli tax...
    • Triple Room with Mountain View

The staff were rude and tried to charge us Israeli tax despite us being tourists. There was also a lot of confusion over the meal times and we were told that we hadn't reserved a table when we had and there was in fact a table reserved for us.

Relaxing, Refreshing and Nice.

I entered 2 adults and 1 child on Booking.com. The app offered me appropriate rooms for my needs. It stated (2) beds and (1) sofa bed. When we checked in, the hotel said there would be an extra $30 fee for the child. I paid the fee as this is the hotel policy, I just feel badly about it because I assumed that Booking.com understood my needs and gave me a total price to meet my inputted needs.

The room was spacious and the view was magnificent. The parking was easy and the checkin quick and courteous.

Very nice but breakfast could do with a top up
    • Double Room with Mountain View

The food- breakfast was plentiful but the level of cooking rather poor. The quality of the baked goods was also flimsy - they should get high quality pastries and not the supermarket type. No special breads for people who don’t eat wheat- how about spelt or rye?

I would recommend this hotel if your destination is Safe.
    • Double Room with Mountain View

Only a few of the staff were what we would term as friendly, and the service in the restaurant was not equal to the cost of the buffet.

The accommodations were very nice and we would stay here again. It was very convenient getting to the old city and was a great location for seeing the sites of the Golan Heights. The food in the restaurant was a good option.

It's the second time I stay at this hotel and it's...

There are too many stairs to get to the rooms with suitcases, I didn't find anyone to help.

It's the second time I stay at this hotel and it's always a pleasure! Very clean, quiet and great breakfast!

Grate
    • Triple Room with Mountain View

The location was the exellent and the mountain view and breakfast was amazing. Beautiful and mystical Tzvad is amazing place. Easily could of stay longer.

Special Stay in Tzfat

The Rimonim hotel is well located for access to Tzfat's Old City and Artist Colony - a delicious breakfast was included in our booking and we really enjoyed the hotel restaurant's buffet dinner as well (100 NIS). Plenty of fresh options, including delicious salads and fish. Particularly special was the free neighborhood tour offered on Tuesday evenings (plus Sunday and Friday - best to check with reception) with the incredible guide David Amiel - for 2+ hours he led our group through the neighborhood providing history and context through stories and song. It was a true highlight. Free tea, coffee and water in the reception area 24-7.

unfair deal

Poor staff service, room and bathroom not clean. an unpleasant smell of old in the hallways and the room. The pics are not meet the reality

Beautiful old building with poor maintenance

Never again
    • Triple Room with Mountain View

Didn't like the dinner food, not a lot of choices either, when we wanted to have a coffee after our dinner, there was not even powdered coffee witner , or soy /almond instead of regular milk, so, my friend had to go into the kitchen to ask for some milk, that is a little thing, but it counts as a no no for me. That should not be! The pool is pretty far from the rooms, the sofa bad in our room was terrible, not comfortable at all to sleep on, and the rooms are not very clean, also , when you leave the room, the carpet is disgustingly dirty.

The pool was big, not shaded enough

Misleading but enjoyable
    • Double Room with Mountain View

WARNING A "queen bed" is two single beds that are put next to each other. not even tied together so they kept slipping apart. When asked, their response "that is all there is in this country"was their response. " jacuzzi" means bathtub in bathroom. "Couch" meant an uncomfortable chair. Aside from these 3 misleading things. It was a very nice stay.

Great food, great staff, very pleasant. Very nice area. Beautiful view from our balcony room. Nice pool.

Great location, all else mediocre!

The staff was mediocre, not outstanding like the other hotels we stayed at. There was way too much food at the buffet but nothing amazing. We had to seek out and find someone to make us a fresh omelette. The dining area was not particularly clean and the staff not very friendly. We also had a mix up when we checked in. We checked in early and were told to come back at 4 for our room. We left our luggage and returned closer to 5. We were given keys to a room on the other side of the complex which was ok if that was what we paid for, however, after going all the way there after a long day, the room was occupied. This was very embarrassing for us and the guests in the room. My husband went back to the front desk and they did find us another room but they were fully booked. It worked to our advantage because they upgraded us to a room with a beautiful view. I also heard many people complaining about their rooms when I was waiting by our original room to find out what was going to happen. The other people were not allowed to change rooms because the hotel was booked.

The hotel was in an excellent location.

CHARMING!!!
    • Double Room with Mountain View

Beautiful boutique hotel with old world charm. Amazing buffet breakfast with the most magnificent views from the dining room windows. Looking forward to returning!

Will not go there again
    • Double Room with Mountain View

the food looked ok but they could not even boil an egg decently. You had to queue for coffee. No decent cheese and this is the only place in Israel where you don't get orange juice but orange squash. My air conditioning leaked - they did fix it - but the kettle did not work and given the price they could up their TV. CNN only arrived with interference

the hotel is attractive to look at and reception friendly and efficient. Very nice balcony. Bathroom nice.

My family and I really enjoyed our Shabbat at the Rimonim.
    • Double Room with Mountain View

My family and I really enjoyed our Shabbat at the Rimonim. The grounds are beautiful, especially when you explore all the hidden areas. We got 2 rooms with an adjoining door and balconies which was very nice. I think that a balcony at this location is a must! Also it is in a very convent location being next to the Artist colony and we were able to walk everywhere. They have parking at the hotel too

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Only go when the hotel is full...

The night before Pesach, the dinner was an afterthought. The hotel was pretty empty the night before, but the staff made us feel like we were not welcome. And the food was bland and service not up to the standards of a luxury hotel. Breakfast the next two days and dinner for the evening of Pesach were excellent, but the first night left a very bad taste in my mouth.

The Lyl HaSeder dinner was nice. The property is beautiful. The room is very good. It's not 100% clean, but the cleanliness is ok. But I wouldn't walk barefoot on the floor.

מלון של פעם
    • Triple Room with Mountain View

Our room was located up a few stairs and my guest being 80 and having diffulty to walk found it dofficult to reach the room

The room was warm and spacious and the bathroom and shower were very clean

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Too Expensive for what you get
    • Double Room with Mountain View

Poor value for money. Not Clean We order the pricier room with mountain view. there wasn't a bath in the room, even though there was supposed to be. We were offered to move to a room with a bath, but it did not have any balcony or view Satellite remote not working and was not replaced Vent in bathroom not working No WiFi Breakfast wasn't too good and there were not enough options for a gluten and dairy sensitive person

The building is special and nice The front desk were accommodating

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Limited options in Zefat means 5 star prices for 3 star hotel. Rude staff an added bonus!
    • Family Room with Mountain View (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Rude staff (partly I'd guess because the hotel is understaffed), rooms more than a couple of years overdue for upgrade and ridiculously overpriced.

Nice hotel, great location in beautiful city.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

The free evening tour of the property and surrounding area.

It was not easy to see the hotel signage, we had to circle the block before we found the hotel.

The free evening tour of the property and surrounding area.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Nice breakfast.
    • Double Room with Mountain View

Room info was insuffiicient when making the booking so we didn't get a room in the old interesting part.

Nice breakfast. Friendly and colorful place

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

I would never stay there again
    • Double Room with Mountain View

The room was unacceptable; the bed was like a rock; the managerial staff was totally non helpful. I asked to be moved immediately as the room was tiny and uncomfortable. They kept saying they would move me and never did no matter that I asked daily. There was no pad on the bed and I had asked for a queen bed but was given two twins pushed together with no pad and separate sheets and quilts.

Many of the young staff were very nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Low value!!

Staff. Pool was closed. Our room was ugly. Very expensive for nothing!!

Nothing. The staff was rude, the pool was close even if it was really hot outside, the room they gave us was ugly...

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

ABSOLUTELY FILTHY & EXTREMELY NOISY ROOM, FAR SMALLER THAN ADVERTISED
    • Deluxe Double Room

Room was significantly smaller than advertised. It was supposed to be 32m2 – but, could have only been an absolute maximum of 25m2 (of Gross Internal Area). Bedsheets, top & bottom, were soiled, dirty, had a bloodstain & other unknown stains. Coffee jug was filthy; utterly caked in limescale/ calculus & had clearly NEVER been cleaned. 'Clean' towel was unbelievably stained with brown mud (or god knows what else). Aircon unit did NOT produce any heat - causing the room to be very cold at night. Bathroom fan was ridiculously noisy - on a par with a plane taking off, whenever the light was on, but could NOT be disabled. Fridge fan/compressor kept going on & off in the middle of the night, waking me up, regularly. The light by the room door did NOT work - so, I couldn't see any of my clothes/shoes in the wardrobe, nor the contents of the safe nor anything on the table by the room door. All the rooms seem to be made of stone, which makes them look full of character & charm - but means that you hear absolutely EVERY single noise from outside your room, within a 30 metre range - at all times of day & night. So, don't expect to get more than a few hours of sleep ! The worst part of all is the staff didn't seem to care in any way & did absolutely NOTHING to correct the situation - despite me reporting the issues to them, several times.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

I wish they had changed my room immediately.

The service was terrible re: the room. Many of the young staff especially in the restaurant were so nice to me. Everyone knew about the room. It looked like a room for staff to perhaps spend the nights. The room was unpainted; the bed was in an alcove that was tiny and you could only access the bed on one side; the bathroom was tiny; the shower button rarely worked; the outside light did not work; the balcony overlooked a freeway and a construction zone and they started work at 7 in the morning. There was no rug in the room and no comfortable chair. The television was on the wall in front of the bed so one had to sit on the bed. There was no padding on the bed and it was as hard as a rock. I was in Israel to see my mother in law who is dying of a brain tumor. I travelled 15 hours on a plane; took a taxi 21/2 hours to get to the hotel; and spent all of my time with my mother in law at the Beit Avot. I came back to the room to rest and relax which was not possible at all. It was most disappointing. The cost for 6 nights was over $1500.00. I travel a great deal for both work and pleasure and this hotel was a true disappointment except for the nice young staff who mostly worked in the dining room.

When I arrived and was shone to my room, it was awful and I immediately asked the manager on duty at the desk to move. He told me to come back at 11am, then 1pm, then 3pm. When I returned at 3, he was gone. I was there for 6 nights, spoke with 3 managers , one every single day, and was never moved. On the fourth day, the third manager showed me a room in the modern wing and said I could move there. I told him I was not at all interested as this is an historic hotel and the new wing is like a Motel 6. My room was tiny; it had twin beds instead of the queen requested; the bed was terribly uncomfortable; the room had a board for a desk which was 4 inches deep and one uncomfortable chair. Three of the days they did not clean the room or make the bed and I had to go ask for toilet paper. I spent a lot of money and it was awful.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

recommended hotel',good location,'wonderful view.

great variety of food poor taste.

recommended hotel',good location,'wonderful view.'good rooms'very good breakfast'hotel with character and interesting story.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

Would stay there again if I was visiting Sfat

Pool area run down and dangerous steps. The hotel was built into the mountain which made it tricky to find your way about but very interesting.

Fabulous breakfast but poor bar facilities. Staff excellent

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Best place to stay in tzfat if lots of rooms needed.

No one at front desk to answer questions late at night despite fact they say guest services available 24 hours.

Best place to stay in tzfat if lots of rooms needed.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Unreal views, our own terrace, not of this world
    • Family Room with Mountain View (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The check-in is a little awkward if you don't realize that you are going through a small cobblestone street to your room.

The property is like a beautiful village of little old stone homes with all of today's best (espresso maker, a million tv channels and all) The Friday and Saturday meals are great value. All the food is amazing, heartful and varied.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

It was a nice touch that they bring cookies after check in.
    • Double Room with Mountain View

I have used booking in the past to go to hotels in Israel. It is the same format for all bookings. I checked one adult and two children age 9. I was quoted a price on Booking but then when I checked in they told me it woudl be another 100 dollars because of the two children.

It was a nice touch that they bring cookies after check in. The hotel is beautiful

KellifromMd

I thought it was pricey for the quality.

Location was good and the staff.

Good position, friendly staff, nice spacious rooms, tasty...

Good position, friendly staff, nice spacious rooms, tasty breakfast , great setting and view

If we return to Tsfat, we will IY"H stary here a gain

Too many stairs ( we are pensioners); the pool water was too cold.

It was terrific!

I eep getting charged 26C daily on my credit card already 13...
    • Double Room with Mountain View

I eep getting charged 26C daily on my credit card already 13 days in a row. This has to stop and i need to be refunded the monies

suggested relocation of toilet paper holder in room 19l

location and staff

suggested relocation of toilet paper holder in room 19l

100 % sarified

100 % sarified

Rooms comfortable and clean - steps down from lobby to dining room or up slope from second building.

Dining room service

The spa

Location was right in the heart of town

Location was right in the heart of town

Thr best place to stay in Safed.
    • Double Room with Mountain View

Thr best place to stay in Safed.

View, location, breakfast

Non

View, location, breakfast

Looking back, we should have stayed in Rosh Pina, not Tsafed.
    • Double Room with Mountain View

Looking back, we should have stayed in Rosh Pina, not Tsafed. But certainly not the hotel's fault.

Building and setting of garden

front desk could be more helpful and polite. Some were , others not

Building and setting of garden

Amazing breakfast

Amazing breakfast

Walking the Shvil

I liked it.

A unique location in a unique town with unique atmosphere was it's signature.

Very nice small city.
    • Triple Room with Mountain View

The Hotel has a great view. My room even has a big balcony like 300 sq.ft. Breakfast is great!

Stay for one night not to much

The room that you have to leave the complex’s to Restrant and lobby

Stay for one night not to much

great place to stay

great place to stay

Had a blast

Had to leave one building to access another

Views were phenomenal. Staff extremely helpful

Nice staff, nice hotel ,with very nice views

The real old look from tzfat

Perfect

Position was awesome, staff were friendly Good experience

food is really good

staff and the fact that the spa was closed + I approched the hotel before arriving without getting any answer

food is really good

Overpriced and terrible service

Run down and very hard to park

Nice spacious property but needs investment

peaceful oasis
    • Deluxe Double Room

pool hours should be longer

no idea what the genius perks are

Beautiful place just make sure your air condition is working in your room.
    • Double Room with Mountain View

Air condition was on but did not do anything

Beautiful area nice place. Prity good food. Service was decent.

Location and amenities

Pool was too far from main building

Location and amenities

So lovely garden, beautiful view!

So lovely garden, beautiful view!

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Best place to stay in this neighborhood!!

In order to get to the elevator, u first need to walk down a flight of steps....

The view of the window to the mountain is breathtaking.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Good breakfast

Good breakfast

nice hotel - breakfast and dinner are sensational

nice hotel - breakfast and dinner are sensational

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

My stay is something to remember!!

The bathtub was too small.

Breakfast was scrumptious!

amazing

amazing food nice staff

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Nice hotel

The room was really nice with its own large private balcony and the staff were very nice.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

Breakfast was very good.

Hotel is not 5 star.

Breakfast was very good.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

• Family Room with Mountain View (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Great location. Cool building. Great breakfast. Amazing free tour of the neighborhood.