View vacation packages to

5. Reviews of St. George Hotel

Reviews of St. George Hotel

6 Amr Ibn Al A'as St. , Jerusalem, 91692, Israel

#54 of 119 hotels in Jerusalem

Verified guest reviews from real Bookers

Real Bookers. Real stays. Real opinions.

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: October 19, 2019

Close to the old city and Damascus Gate.
    • Executive Quadruple Room- 4 Single beds

Our room was located in the corner and the wifi signal was extremely weak. Another router should be added and it would have solved the problem. The bathtub could be cleaner.

Close to the old city and Damascus Gate.

Stayed in October 2019

• Reviewed: August 29, 2019

Mad to pay twice as much in W Jerusalem, when this place is fine, and 5 minutes to the Damascus Gate
    • Premium Double Room

Wi-Fi upload speed was slow, but worked fine.

Excellent. Secure, clean, safe, quiet - everything I needed. AND comfortable and spacious. AND a large pool on the roof - brilliant to come back to. I didn't eat there, so can't comment on that.

• Reviewed: August 20, 2019

The old city is a 5 minute walk from the hotel.
    • Premium Twin Room

The hotel is very clean but the decor is getting worn and a little dated.

The old city is a 5 minute walk from the hotel. It is also located close to Sarwa restaurant and some small shops. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel has a nice pool with stunning views of the city.

• Reviewed: August 19, 2019

Fine place
    • Premium Twin Room

The pool was ice cold. They should say that before you book the stay. We booked there only because of the pool which we couldn’t use because it was so cold.

The staff was very welcoming, friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: August 12, 2019

Awesome hotel with amazing pool/ view!
    • Executive Triple Room (3 Single Beds)

This hotel is incredibly nice and clearly under-rated to my view ( and I have seen many different hotels around so far). Very well located (close to the old city), we feel safe and very welcome. Rooms are nice and clean. The pool is awesome and a good spot with an amazing view on the city. Small attention on top, made our journey unforgettable.

• Reviewed: August 10, 2019

Highly recommended
    • Premium Double Room

Our stay was wonderful ... starting with the best receptionist ever Jiries who made us feel at home.great room, amazing views from roof swimming pool which is a unique experience. We had a great lunch at the rooftop restaurant.

• Reviewed: August 5, 2019

I don't think the hotel deserves 4 stars ,also is very expensive for what it offers.
    • Executive Double Room

Breakfast very limited choices, I am not fun of Arabic food like humus, yoghurt etc. Luck of fresh fruits, sometimes you could get watermelon or apple. When asked staff their answer is that they run out after serving breakfast just for an hour. Dirty tables,twice had to ask to find me clean table which was done promptly, but it's not good enough. Seen staff standing chating while many tables were dirty, full of plates left by customers. I could give more examples but I believe it's more than enough. I came for holidays not to inspect or complain. Rooms are spacious and comfortable, but decor is getting worn out, especially carpets with many stains. I wish there was better lighting, both in room and bathroom.

Reception staff amazing,very helpful going above and beyond. Great location.

• Reviewed: July 27, 2019

Great Service!!! We warmly recommend this hotel!
    • Executive Family Triple Room (1 Double + 1 Single Bed)

We didn't like the fact what when we arrived,, we wanted to go to the swimming pool but we weren't notified in advance that it was closed for a private event. We didn't want to make a fuss over it, but the receptionist immediately contacted the hotel manager that urged us to ask for a compensation and agreed to give us DINNER FOR FREE and to CHECK OUT AT 15:00 INSTEAD OF 11:00.

Breakfast was pretty good. We got a suite instead of a room which we didn't ask for. Location was great, we parked the car just outside the hotel. The hotel is a 3 minute walk from the Nablus Gate which leads to the market and the old city. The next day we ate lunch in the Hotel's 5th floor restaurant, and it was, by far, one of the best meals We've had in a long time!!!

• Reviewed: July 25, 2019

Memorable and warming.

Shower could have been to a better standard.

The hotel staff were amazing, my partner and I went to Jerusalem to celebrate our first anniversary, I had notified them of this and they had gone above and beyond to ensure the the anniversary date was something special and memorable! They were always super friendly and you're greeted with a smile every time you enter and leave! Definitely recommend this Hotel, great location, great views and great staff!

• Reviewed: July 20, 2019

pleasure staying perfect weekend
    • Executive Family Triple Room (1 Double + 1 Single Bed)

dinner buffet was OK, less than expected

the pool was excellent, also the 5th floor restaurant. The staff was welcoming and willing to assist with any question or need. worth mention Jiries and Abed that went the extra mile to assistand give good advice. Very welcoming reception. Location was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: July 17, 2019

Good

The Property is by the Damascus Gate, this is not an issue but No shops around the hotel, did not even see a restaurant nearby.

The swimming pool by the rooftop although it is not heated , good enough to relax and dip your tired muscles from walking. Jeries the helpful receptionist is extremely helpful to us. He let us check in at 11:30 and also allowed us to extend our check out to 1pm with no extra charge. What a nice man!

• Reviewed: June 29, 2019

Very good and close from the old city
    • Premium Twin Room

Staff is minimalist. Breakfast team really inefficient, the breakfast room was a mess and nobody from the staff did something (they were taking selfies and laughing). In the room, the cleanliness was superficial...

Big and well decorated room, the pool on the roof, the breakfast, proximity of the old city, balcony with a view, free parking.

• Reviewed: June 27, 2019

Highly recommended for visits to the Old City and a taste of East Jerusalem.
    • Executive Quadruple Room- 4 Single beds

Well, the WiFi didn’t work too well in our room, perhaps a booster on the floor is needed. In contrast to the upstairs restaurant open in the afternoons the breakfast could be better value. But there are plenty of options close by.

The location. - a very short walk from the Damascus gate - is excellent (if you turn left out of the hotel and left on Nablus St rather than follow Google Maps’. Staff were courteous and helpful and the restaurant upstairs served excellent fare at reasonable prices (we found an appetizer and a main to be too much). The view from the rooftop pool is stunning!

• Reviewed: June 23, 2019

• Premium Double Room

The road next to the room was quite loud. Safe didn’t work and the WiFi does not reach the pool area. The curtains were ripped in the room which let the light in the room in the morning. The bathroom needed some work done - there was a bath but it was very small. There was no actual way to fill up the bath as it only had a shower head to fill it up. When I arrived, I was told my room would be ready in 20 minutes, but I was waiting over 40. I was told restaurant was closed when I arrived due to a private event so they sent me to a petrol station to buy myself lunch. (As it was a Friday afternoon a lot of the shops were closed). The only food they had at the station were snacks. They should have informed us in advance the restaurant would be closed. Similarly the pool was closed for a large portion of the day for this event. Other hotels when they have had to close their facilities for private events have informed me in advance - at the bare minimum the hotel should have extended this courtesy. Staff were moving tables - scrapping them across the floor between 23:00 and 00:30 after this event. As this was directly above me - this disrupted my sleep. There are signs everywhere saying that ‘Swimming is forbidden’. These are plaques on the wall and not temporary - so not sure when you are allowed to swim... The breakfast was tasteless. The staff were very poor at cleaning the tables. When I went down to breakfast, on both days I had to go the staff to get cutlery, glasses and a cup as they were not out ready for people. I had a dinner on the 2nd evening - I ordered a drink to go with my food - however this did not arrive until after the food. Thankfully this was complementary after I discussed with the manager it was disappointing that the pool and restaurant were closed on the first day. The duty manager then asked me to write a review on booking.com saying everything was good with my stay - effectively asking me to write a false review.

The WiFi was good in my room and the hotel let me have a late check out.

• Reviewed: May 26, 2019

Pretty good, but could use an uplift
    • Premium Twin Room

The rooms could use some deep cleaning; the walls, floors, and tub were very marked and worn out. Also no food options during the day but I found that to be typical of the local hotels.

Balcony and beautiful rooftop pool. Staff was pleasant and accommodating. Good location!

Stayed in May 2019

• Reviewed: April 26, 2019

Valet parking included
    • Premium Twin Room

Shower has a problem with water pressure, water was changing from warm to cold. Quite old furniture, balcony was not closing and quite noisy coming from street. Breakfast is not good. There is no fruits, no normal ham and coffee, coffee from automatic machine has a taste of instant. Even that they have normal espresso machine, I was refused in it. Tables were quite dirty, when we were coming and no clean cups, instead of cleaning waitresses were chatting.

Valet parking included

• Reviewed: April 22, 2019

Location is very good, walking distance to Damascus gate.
    • Premium Twin Room

Wifi didn’t work properly at my room. Also had issues with the lights and they had to send someone to fix

Location is very good, walking distance to Damascus gate. Also easy to get from central bus station. Big room

• Reviewed: April 13, 2019

Incredible- would highly recommend to anyone coming for a long or short stay!
    • Premium Twin Room

The service was above and beyond and they made me feel very welcome from the moment I arrived. The room was very comfortable and nice. There was even complimentary water and chocolates. The restaurant upstairs was also great and affordable, and their kitchen is open until 10:30pm.

• Reviewed: February 24, 2019

The low price!
    • Premium Twin Room

The first day I found my room clean. The other day they didn't clean it again although i noticed it to the reception...The breakfast was very medium in quality The food was more "oriental " than european as i prefer...

The low price!

• Reviewed: February 15, 2019

They told me that the total charge was $321 based on my date...
    • Premium Twin Room

They told me that the total charge was $321 based on my date of arrival, then they charged me $355.01+$3.55= $358.56. I was trying to explain that my credit card only uses $ USD, and when I arrived they told me that the total is $321 which is more than $80 per night. The man at the lobby didn't know how to fix it so it was left at $358.56, and I had to leave. In the same area I saw several hotels that were a better location and better quality for less than $70 per night

• Reviewed: February 11, 2019

Property is in a great location, walking distance to two of...
    • Premium Double Room

This hotel is in serious need of renovation- the main reason for the low rating was the run down rooms, stained carpets and gross bath tub.

Property is in a great location, walking distance to two of the Old City gates. Staff are really helpful and tea and water are provided in rooms.

Stayed in February 2019

• Reviewed: February 7, 2019

Very clean and neat at all the time.
    • Executive Quadruple Room- 4 Single beds

Excellent customer services, 24/7 customer services, very good breakfast, and delicious food in Resturant. Very friendly staff and management.

Very clean and neat at all the time.

• Reviewed: January 23, 2019

Location, location, location.
    • Executive Family Triple Room (1 Double + 1 Single Bed)

Carpeting a bit worn and needs update. The mattress was harder than what I would prefer, but that is more a personal choice.

Location, location, location. A very short walk to the Damascus Gate. Breakfast was traditional Arabic with plenty of food. Front desk staff were very helpful. Good value for the money. I’d stay here again without reservation.

• Reviewed: September 30, 2018

2D @Jerusalem
    • Premium Double Room

Hotel has perfect location, very close to Damascus gate, bus and tram stations. Thanks to very kind personal we had no any trouble with early arrival and they sorted out all requests. Definitely can recommend this hotel for visit of Jerusalem.

• Reviewed: September 27, 2018

Absolutely terrible place. I would never recommend to anyone!
    • Premium Double Room

Dirty room, advertised a king sized bed, it was 2 twin beds. The parking staff was the worst! Dented our car, wouldn't move the other cars so we could get out. We would never stay there again!!!

The restaurant and staff were very good.

• Reviewed: September 16, 2018

Comfy staff in the heart of Jerusalem with very lovely staff.
    • Premium Double Room

The bed sheets to be a little bigger as they kept coming untucked from the side of the bed/mattress. Not a huge drama, just something I’m a bit personally fussy about.

Comfy staff in the heart of Jerusalem with very lovely staff. Room was cleaned reasonably well and we enjoyed the pool space on the rooftop. Bed was comfortable and wifi good. Free parking right in front / next to hotel which was great.

• Reviewed: September 11, 2018

great location for short stay in Jerusalem.
    • Premium Double Room

There was a lot of traffic noise at night, I have previously been in a room on other side of property and didn't notice the noise as much as this time.

have stayed here twice before with tour groups so knew what to expect. The room was clean and comfortable, I thought breakfast was included in price but was $20 pp extra so did not have breakfast there. The location is great to explore Jerusalem. The swimming pool and roof terrace is nice to relax after busy day.

• Reviewed: August 23, 2018

Great staff and location with a spectacular view from the pool

The Hotel is not new... swimming pool not very deep... but I have to say that the price was fair...

Very nice and very helpful staff! Good location close to the old City market. Staff took great care of my rented car. Spectacular view from the swimming pool...

• Reviewed: August 20, 2018

The staff was very nice to us, they helped to find and...
    • Premium Double Room

The staff was very nice to us, they helped to find and organized the day trip we wanted for the next day. Also, they let us park the car in the hotel parking after the check out, which was very convenient.

• Reviewed: August 19, 2018

Great value for the price; great location in the Old City of Jerusalem.
    • Premium Double Room

The hotel staff was super friendly and helpful. The breakfast was my only complaint -- fresh coffee is always a bonus, as opposed to coffee machines that do not really offer good coffee. There was a cappuccino maker in the dining area; it would be a great amenity to offer good coffee to guests before they start their day walking through the Old City.

• Reviewed: August 12, 2018

H o r r i b o l
    • Premium Double Room

Horrible place to stay. Dirty room , horrible location and neighbourhood. Please if you are looking for a clean-safe stay in Jerusalem avoid this hotel

• Reviewed: August 10, 2018

Funtastic
    • Premium Double Room

The swimming pool at the roodtop was pretty much amazing! It operates at 9am til 6pm but since we checked in late... they allowed us to use the pool til 8pm. Their staff & crew was so very friendly and helpful. Our staycation was so tremendous! Glad to be back here soon !

• Reviewed: August 6, 2018

Great service

Everybody was respectful and welcoming especially those by the reception. The rooms and bathroom were very clean. The hotel has a great location within a cultural city. The view is amazing. I loved my stay her with my family and i wish it was longer.

• Reviewed: July 21, 2018

Great place wow
    • Premium Double Room

Very thing was great wonderful hotel we will back.

The hotel is great. The place is center The people are so good. The room is big The bad wow wow. The pool with view. 100%

• Reviewed: July 12, 2018

The staff of the hotel were extremely nice and helpful,...
    • Premium Double Room

Nothing, it was a very nice stay.

The staff of the hotel were extremely nice and helpful, which we greatly appreciate. They provide a free parking and you can leave there your car after check out and come for it later in that day. Room was clean and wifi was OK. There was also a great view from the rooftop pool. Just keep in mind that the pool is usually open only 9 AM (or 8 AM) - 6 PM, but as we arrived after 6 PM they let us to stay there to 8 PM.

• Reviewed: June 30, 2018

Excellent staff and excellent value.

Beds did not have mattress covers and while they were large, were a bit hard. A mattress cover could have remedied this.

Jerius (George) at reception offered exceptional service. He went out of his way to make sure our stay was excellent - answered all our questions, etc. The hotel itself is in the best location, 10 minutes walk from the Damascus gate. Rooms are large and spacious for what you pay. Overall excellent value.

• Reviewed: October 7, 2019

Good
    • Premium Twin Room

The shower set is dated. The curtain smelled not good..

The staffs are helpful.

Stayed in October 2019

• Reviewed: August 13, 2019

GREAT 4 DAYS TRIP
    • Premium Twin Room

STAFF WAS SO HELPFUL ONE OF THE RECEPTION STAFF GUYS LOOKED AFTER US THE BEST WAY POSSIBLE.

• Reviewed: August 3, 2019

The location is the best

The location is the best

• Reviewed: July 26, 2019

Dry friendly staff; clean room; ac excellent; very close to Damascus Gate. Perfect.
    • Executive Double Room

Location, cleanliness, good upkeep

• Reviewed: July 24, 2019

The front desk, Jiries. He’s so helpful. He is great. Nice hotel
    • Executive Quadruple Room- 4 Single beds

Great location, few minutes walk to the old town city.

• Reviewed: July 22, 2019

Jaries arranged everything for us, the pool and the view are...

Jaries arranged everything for us, the pool and the view are amazing !

• Reviewed: May 13, 2019

It was within easy walking distance to the old city.
    • Premium Double Room

The bathrooms could do with a bit of an update. Particularly the shower.

It was within easy walking distance to the old city.

Stayed in May 2019

• Reviewed: January 18, 2019

Excellent hotel, great location, good price!
    • Premium Twin Room

I liked a lot this hotel with friendly personnel, good and clean rooms, great location and free parking! Thank you!

• Reviewed: January 11, 2019

Best experience in the city. Location unmatched

The staff The location The facility

• Reviewed: September 24, 2018

View of the old city from the pool and rest.
    • Premium Double Room

Bathroom needs renovartion didnt got an ashtray in my room althoigh i asked for it .

View of the old city from the pool and rest. Distance to old city

• Reviewed: August 20, 2018

Our stay here was quite enjoyable
    • Premium Double Room

There could be more options for breakfast

The staff are very polite and friendly, plus the hotel is walking distance to the Old City.

• Reviewed: July 27, 2018

Rooftop swimming pool

Parking was not spacious

Rooftop swimming pool Location is walking distance to the old city (about 5mins)

• Reviewed: July 25, 2018

Convenient location with safe parking for our vehicle.

Improve on breakfast choices.

• Reviewed: May 18, 2018

A really nice hotel!

Breakfast was simple

Very comfortable luxury room

• Reviewed: March 12, 2018

The breakfast was terrible, the breakfastroom untidy and the...
    • Premium Double Room

The breakfast was terrible, the breakfastroom untidy and the personal unprofessional

• Reviewed: December 10, 2017

Awful place

Room wasn't clean. They ask us to leave the room before check out time

• Reviewed: November 1, 2017

Room, roof terrace

Breakfirst, cleaning

Room, roof terrace

• Reviewed: January 24, 2016

Comfortable bed

Not a very good selection of room service Too pricey

Comfortable bed Spacious room Upgrade to a mini apartment Helpful staff Great location - close to old city

• Reviewed: October 22, 2015

They try to help

The staff were rude and the Internet was very slow. ..room service took almost a hr , broken shower, unprofessional staff etc.... staff men will stare at your wife even if you are with her.

They try to help

• Reviewed: October 14, 2015

It is in walk distance from old city.

Front staff did not makes notes about our requests, have to repeat again and again. Room was not clean, table full of dust, dirty windows. Even we have booked city view room at first we have not got that rooms, have to strongly request, after that finally staff could prepare for room with a view. Neighborhood is not nice, especially in evening it feels very unsecure a lot of garbage on the road. Big bus group visitor have been accommodated at the same time, at the breakfast, no food replacement after this groups. No cups and dishes.

It is in walk distance from old city.

• Reviewed: June 17, 2015

What I like its close to Aqsa but it here's more better...

Many thing I don't like I stay in 5 stars and 4 stars hotel in several countries, many countries that's why I can't see names but I can say Arab, Europe, North America, South America I never see bad serves, bad quality, not clean at all, bed sheets, bellows and towels very old and not clean. Over all it's very very bad and the money I spend its too too high for this hotel in my experience this hotel should be rated as 2 starts hotel maximum، the ibes hotel its much much better.

What I like its close to Aqsa but it here's more better than your hotel close too.

• Reviewed: January 27, 2015

This is a 3 star hotel that thinks it is a 5 star.

Worst 5 star hotel I have ever stayed in. No restaurant only a very, very poor buffet meal catering to coach tours. No conciage, the place was cold with no guests, no suppress there. I paid $540 US for two nights in a suite. It has taught me to only stay in internationaly known Hotels 0 out of 10. Don't go there.

This is a 3 star hotel that thinks it is a 5 star. But the staff were friendly and the hotel quite clean.

• Reviewed: January 6, 2015

The staff of the hotel were all very friendly and helpful...

Restaurant was closed as was pool terrace - no notification of this in advance of arrival. However, the buffet dinner was very good and made up for the other closures.

The staff of the hotel were all very friendly and helpful especial Ahmad. Reception allowed us to book in early and the room was spacious, comfortable and clean. Book a suite if you can as this gives you a restful seating area at the end of a busy day.

• Reviewed: January 1, 2015

Location is convenient to the Old City, and the room was...

While the room and facilities were in overall good condition, it was obvious that it had been some time since the last renovation.

Location is convenient to the Old City, and the room was large and comfortable.

• Reviewed: December 9, 2015

Charming, flexible staff, especially on reception

Internet booking lost.

Charming, flexible staff, especially on reception

• Reviewed: October 13, 2015

Close to the old city

Rather poor service, the restaurant was very noisy due to the number of people.

Close to the old city

• Reviewed: September 9, 2015

The rooms are nice

Did not like the breakfast

The rooms are nice

• Reviewed: June 6, 2015

The location only

The rest

The location only

• Reviewed: April 14, 2015

the hotel team, and hospitality

the hotel team, and hospitality

There are also 30 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

We Price Match