Reviews of The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa New Delhi 5 stars

Bangla Saheb Road, Connaught Place, 110001 New Delhi, India

#65 of 611 hotels in New Delhi

• Superior Double Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

A major improvement is necessary where the reading light pendants besides the bed are placed just above the table where telephone is placed, leading to head banging if one goes for the phone.. The hanging structures should be placed above the head height while standing..

Good staff, prompt room service, even Ms Deepa Gupta at the reception asked if the stay was comfortable, which other hotels forget to ask...

1) No “wow” effect upon entering the hotel, especially for a 5 star hotel, it looks more like a 4 star hotel. They have to change the sitting area in front of the check in area( especially the out dated red sofa) 2) The internet is too slow ( says upto 1 mbps), not good for a 5 star hotel 3) There are only 32 tv channels.... not good 4) I think if I spent another $20, I could have gone for a better “5star” hotel.

Closer to some of the tourist attractions Breakfast was good House keeping do a good job

• Superior Double Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

The food has changed since my previous visits, It lacked the usual impact and inventive spirit I'm used to when staying at the MET

Clean rooms, restaurant staff are great at the bar and Chutney were awesome as always. Dilip's service and welcome was on form as usual at breakfast.

• Superior Double Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

I was late checking because i just booked the room and there was one staff at the reception and we have to wait for the check in more than 30 mins and there was too bad smell inside toilet and i have no clue where it come from.

• Superior Double Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

I chose the hotel because if where I had to be for work. I found hotel and rooms somewhat sterile, but for business purposes not bad. Disappointed they only served Pepsi and not the Real Thing. Complacency with taxi cheating in price - taxi standing on the premises overcharching for short rides and hotel personnel pretending not to know the real price etc.

Adequate to good breakfast, good internet, good bed.

Nothing to dislike.

This hotel provided me everything I needed, they are happy to help with any matter. The pool is great and such is the special treats they sent to our room.. The location is just 7 minutes walk from the main bazaar which is a very recommended place to visit.

• Superior Double Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

My room during staying were close to house keepers room. The voices of house keepers were sometime heard by us.

The breakfast and meals were delicious and vary. The room and bed were very pleasant to be stayed.

• Superior Double Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

WiFi is given only for two devices... could have been more... at least three if you have two people staying in a room... just an idea...

Reception staff was very polite and helpful... the person who did the cleaning in our room did exceptional job and the room was always nice and tidy... thanks... this is the second time we select the hotel on our trip to New Delhi

• Superior Triple Room

At first we got a smoking room which was smelly and dirty. But they changed it to a better room after. It was a little bit overpriced as it is not really worth a 5 star hotel.

The best thing about this hotel are the friendly staff, the open buffet breakfast was amazing, room service everyday and it is also safe and quiet place.

• Superior Double Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

Got food poisoning from an omlette. And the staff weren’t helpful in helping us plan days out etc - they only had their own drivers and suggested three times the amount we paid to go to Agra with a guide. Restaurant has confusing prices - food no better than cheap places 15 min walk away - eat out!

Room was faultless comfy and clean, lovely bathroom! Pool and gym also lovely!

• Superior Double Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

What I did not appreciate so much was how expensive the meals were. I also had the feeling that at times they took security a little bit too seriously.

I liked how clean the room was (Praveen was very nice and did a great job cleaning the room), as well as how helpful the concierge was! She organized a great tour for us for good value for money. I also appreciated how seriously the hotel took security.

• Superior Double Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

Very disappointed with the lunch in the restaurant. It took 45 minutes for some simple burgers to arrive and when they did 2/5 meals were incorrect. They did offer to replace them with the correct food, but that would have been a further 15 minute wait. They did eventually offer to only charge for the food that had been ordered, but that took 20 minutes to sort out. Over 1 hour for a few burgers, that weren’t that brilliant for the price and cost over £60.

Hotel and room was very good and very good service.

• Superior Double Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

The gym needs renovation (it's like looking 30 years old!) but spa facilities are good. Swimming pool area needs to have nice screening and garden instead of having breakfast guests see all as its in view. Breakfast food is a little on weak side. I notice serving leftover of nighttime buffet. If you have a guest from outside there is not really an area to sit as the coffee bar is given as the breakfast area that will serve lunch buffet. We asked for WiFi for the client and maximum they could give was 10 minutes free which looks ludicrous. Restaurants are expensive there but Connaught place is 20 min Walk away. On the plus side. It's cheaper than other proper 5 star.

As above

• Superior Double Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

Nothing much to complain about.

Everything about it! Location , service , staff. The staff are extremely responsive , in every department. All in all a great hotel. Have stayed here multiple times and will continue to do so when in Delhi.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

I had a guest with me and the booking included breakfast however I somehow didn't book breakfast for the second guess for which I was charged .Neither me nor the guest had breakfast and the hotel still didn't feel like refunding the breakfast money which they took for the second guest

• Superior Double Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

pigeons are bathing and urinate into the swimmingpool. good for business, terrible for holidays - no music / drinks around the pool, average staff

breakfasts

• Superior Triple Room

Overall i found some of the staff very proud n only nice to the whites. Hope the management will look into this matter, we too pay the hotel for staying. The baggage should be handle with care. Management should send the staff for courses from time to time to improve themselves n also make their hotel world class. Please ensure the hotel maintain their standards n we would like to speak staffs n not robots. Please take note. Breakfast spread sucks. Tqvm

Location of the hotel. Thats the only thing good about the hotel. The management from time to time should have kind of survey or surprise visits to check on staff. Please improve on breakfast spread. Boring food n not so tasty. Walk around wen guests are having breakfast n look at the faces n see for yourself whether they are enjoying the food.

• Superior Double Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

The accommodation price on the booking .com website is different from the one that the client eventually pays upon check in, which is tantamount to false advertising.

The hotel staff were very friendly, helpful. From the guard at the gate, the porters by the hotel entrance and waiters and waitresses in the restaurant. The hotel cleaners were also excellent. I appreciated the delivery of newspapers every morning.

• Superior Double Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

The food was a bit off for its price and standard. My salmon was overly salty, but the stuff did make an effort to make it up with complimentary ice cream.

Staff are really nice, and the location is just omg. It’s so easy to get around♥️♥️

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

Attitude of people..I landed early morning..we had requested for an early checkin as my Husband Sachin Narhar Joshi is on genius status on booking.com ..but welcome drink or early checkin was refused...also an amount was charged on the booking card which will be returned to the card maybe in month..why are you using our money...we are going to stop booking through this channel now and also tell others..

Overall property was good

• Superior Double Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

Located in central Delhi, the hotel was close to all amenities. The staff were extremely friendly and courteous throughout my stay. Compared to other hotels in the area, this hotel was definitely cheaper & more cost effective. I would definitely recommend this hotel to other travelers.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

This time we also had a dip in the pool. There was a limited number of lounges, so in the high season, it may be a problem.

This was our second stay here at the end of our India holiday. The veggie burgers in the foyer shop were excellent value and very tasty. Nice comfortable hotel at a good price. Close to Counght Place and easy walking distance, even with wheely suitcases, to the airport metro station.

• Superior Double Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

Walking on the street off the property didn't feel the safest

Beds were comfortable, bathroom clean, room was roomy. Front desk and staff were all helpful.

• Superior Double Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

Food in restaurant a bit overpriced. The rooms are a bit outdated, didn’t feel like 5 star hotel rooms.

Really enjoyed our stay. Nice spa, gym and pool area. Great staff. Good food in restaurant.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

Hotel is modern, clean, quiet location, staff are friendly and helpful, good breakfast, good pool area. Great location close to Conought Place. Within easy (10 minute) walking distance to Shivaji Stadium Metro station (which is on the Airport-New Delhi line) even with wheely suitcases over the broken and rough footpaths.

• Superior Double Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

The hotel felt very basic for a 5* property. Working in a 5* hotel myself I would not class the hotel as this. It was clean and the staff pleasant but not luxury at all.

The bed was very comfy and the Indian restaurant chutney was very tasty (but a little expensive)

• Superior Double Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

The staff wasn't very responsive. Two examples: 1. We reserved three rooms. As we came from the airport in the morning, I requested and early check in for one room via booking (so we could store our luggage). When we came to the hotel, they stated that they don't have rooms. 3 hours later they "found" 3 rooms one next to each other. We didn't come at a busy season and I don't believe that all rooms were occupied. I think that the hotel could be more responsive here. 2. We had an early tour on the next day and we as the included breakfast started after our departure, we asked if there is a possibility to have the breakfast as take away. The hotel clerk probably didn't understand us and said no. Next morning, when going to the tour we saw boxes with breakfast for take away but the hotel said we can't have them as we didn't asked for them the night before.

The hotel is located in excellent place in the center. The hotel is modern and clean

• Superior Double Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

Quality of breads during breakfast. Juices could be cooler or in ice trays. Eggs could have yellow yolks.

Bed was extra comfy. Breakfast was sumptuous. Staff was courteous. Good value for money.

• Superior Double Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

The breakfast area could be expanded as you have to wait for a table if it’s too busy.

The friendly staff, location, room (great lighting control system), spacious bathroom/ shower, and nice outdoor pool.

• Superior Double Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

Nice hotel with a good buffet for breakfast. Personnels were really nice, my room was cleaned by Shiv who was very friendly and considerate. Restaurant was a bit expensive for what it is but except that everything was perfect

• Superior Double Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

Staff were a little rude and it seemed to me like they just wanted tips which was frustrating to deal with after 14 hours of travelling

A comfy room to unwind in after a long day travelling

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

given we had handed in our mini bar slip with details that we had eaten a x small bar worth 80rupees was almost chased to the door for payment when we had checked out. Given what you as a customer had paid in tips for the staff - really made me feel like I was trying to cheat them for all that money!!

Food was really good

• Deluxe Triple Room Inclusive of Wifi

More pool side loungers and seats, needs a poolside bar as took time to order drinks.

Very good location close to Connaught place, Metro and trains, reason we booked. High quality standards thopruhgout and helpful staff made stay easy and relaxing. Nice clean pool area and nice spa and exercise facilities, concierge service helpful.

• Superior Double Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

Food prices at the restaurants are very high You should find a way to allow some moderate food prices

Perfect location The room was clean and comfertable Very helpfull staff. Good breakfast. Overall an excellent experience

• Superior Triple Room

Excellent location very central. Staff members very helpful. We had a return flight late at night and were allowed to use the facilities ( spa etc.. ) and check out of the room late which we appreciated very much with kids.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

Supposed to be a five star property but looks like average 3 star property .. Poorly maintained. Needs renovation to keep up with new modern hotels..

Except Location nothing is good about this hotel.

• Superior Double Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

Wrong listing of rooms offering same facilities but varying prices and taxes. Since I have booked 5 rooms, I realized it. Food is also not that great.

The location is good. Staff fine. But there are few issues. The hotel does not have adequate common places with seating facilities in the lobby. I also noticed that same type of rooms are advertised in different names with different rates and we too lost money in one such case. No difference between superior double room and deluxe double rooms, except in prices. Otherwise, hotel is good.

The hotel has double charged me for our stay and have yet to respond with a solution. Staff were very unhelpful on check in and tried to put us into rooms with single beds despite us booking double rooms. Then on returning home my card was double charged for our stay. It really spoiled the end of our trip and I expected more from a hotel like the Metropolitan.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

The pool never had a free lounger, and no umbrellas, some rooms face a massive electrical generator next to the TATA communication building. du du du du du du

The breakfast was the best i had through out my trip. Staff moved me to a quieter room.

Everything was excellent

The hotel was in an excellent location and easily accessible with various modes of public transport. The Asian restaurant on the first floor was incredible! Sparkling swimming pool, generous breakfast and art gallery all contributed to a memorable stay! Close to Connaught Place (with plenty modern restaurants and bars) and other sites of interest.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

It wasn’t clean for the European 5 star hotel standards. The linen had some marks.

Rooms were big enough, quite good breakfast buffet options. The staff was polite. The japanese restaurant was good and the staff in the shop on -1 was very helpful.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

Surly front desk staff, poor english, batheoom had terrible drain smell and we had an interconnecting door which had virtually no sound proofing. Food pricing 5 star but food genuinely average.

Comfy bed, good shower certainly helped. Location a short taxi from connaught square. Large enough pool.good tv + channels.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

It was my return stay on the way home. Last time I could not fault anything so this time I thought it would be the same. Our hotel room was at the street side and was noisy. I know they have no control over traffic, horns and dogs barking but it definitely affected my sleep!

The breakfast had great choice, everything was fresh. Staff always helpful, attending to our needs. A very efficiently run hotel.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

The reception staff let this place down, we had to ask for a street map, then send us the wrong way, see further down. The bar prices were VERY high we felt. Charging 6x the price of local shops wasn't well received by us. Also, we took a hotel taxi to the govt tourist office to seek advice regarding onward travel. Whilst talking to the staff there our driver burst in demanding to know what they had been selling us.... (He had briefly mentioned that he had a cousin who could get us very good price..... As lots of people do in Delhi, we ignored it). He was bordering on aggressive and the staff were quite shocked by his behaviour. Finally, while trying to track down the official govt tourist office we asked the guy at reception, he helpfully circled a place on a street map for us, the wrong place. It was an unofficial tourist office...... Again...... Co-incidence? Who knows? The travel desk at the hotel quoted 2 X the price of the official tourist office for our onward travel plan. I guess it's let the buyer beware on that one. The above sounds bad as I read it back but none of this is a deal breaker, the hotel was fine but the staff let it down.

The choice at breakfast was fine, half western, half local type foods. Trying to get a coffee off the guy serving could prove tricky at times....ie he wasnt there! The room was spotless and the cleaning staff would pop around to check if you needed anything else during the day. Pool was a nice place to chill after a day in Delhi.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

No atmosphere. Swimming pool area didn't have enough sun loungers for more than 6 people. Building work was going on from 11pm on our first night, directly below our room and at 12.15am we had to contact reception to ask for it to be stopped. The noise didn't fully stop until 12.40am. The next day we asked for an explanation and the reply was that the maintenance team had forgotten to inform reception, this problem could have been averted. When we asked how we could be compensated they offered to change the room, but we had unpacked. At no time did the hotel Manager offer any form of compensation. After further discussion they offered a courtesy car to the airport. This is more of a business hotel, with little atmosphere for tourists Very expensive for the offer given. This was the most expensive hotel on our trip and was almost the most disappointing.

Swimming pool area was nice. Fifteen minutes from Connaught Place in a taxi. Cleanliness was excellent. Good variety for breakfast.

• Superior Double Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

The location was poor very dirty area the staff were unfriendly and didn’t speak to us were rude when you went to reception serving others when we were already being served the food was very poor and you had to wait 20 mins to get a drink no view and very noisy I did write a complaint when we were there to the manager who asked us not to post our bad comments which I have his email if you need it it’s more a 2 to 3 star not 5 star by any means so very disappointed by our stay

• Superior Double Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

The armchairs arm rests kept falling off. The easy chair in the bedroom was nothing short of a wooden bench with padding. I couldn't sit on it to relax. Asked for an exchange and was told there was no alternative. Wi-Fi was hit and miss in the bedroom. Very expensive in the main restaurant. There appeared to be no customers and so it was shut 3 nights we were there. Nowhere in the lobby to chill out and sit in comfy chairs with backrest. Pool outside had only 8 loungers in total, no brollies to sit under in the intense heat. All in all not really a hotel i would recommend.

The bed was really comfy!

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

We stayed in this hotel atleast 10 times in past 6 months.We asked the hotel they can give us free upgrades. Hotel right away declined our request. No respect or regard to loyal customers . Due to work and location we still had to stay in this hotel.

FOOD

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

Sorry. The breakfast menu is not match to me. I prefer Idly, Dosa, but the taste / quality are not good. Reception is not Good. No proper place to sit and discuss with our clients even short time. The worst part during my stay in this hotel is the security deposit is not yet return back to my account. Still I am chasing the duty managers. They are saying it will take another two days. WHY?

Hotel rooms are very clean and good.

• Superior Triple Room

Reception staff horrible no transparency rude man at night at reception no etiquette.rooms small as compared to price food was disgusting. Bournvita milk was just water. Dinner was disgusting. Hated the stay.it spoiled our evening completely. Not recommended

Location was fine only vallet staff was gud

• Deluxe Triple Room Inclusive of Wifi

Biggest PROBLEM, is the lack of changing of air. The windows in the room can not open, and we were there in the dry seasone, but everything in the room was damp. No bad smell (yet), but think they need to change the air, instead of only conditioning the air, and through that decrease the humidity.

Good location. rather close to the metro from the airport, that can be worth using instead of taxi due to traffic jams. Overall a nice hotel with a good breakfast.

• Superior Double Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

The check in and check our experience could be smoother. They make you wait for a long time to check out the room after check out. The in room safe deposit box is also tiny. A larger one would be more helpful. More regional choices on the TV would be expected for the high price you pay.

Outstanding hotel with friendly staff and good food at a good location. Rather on the expensive side

• Superior Double Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

The mattress and pillows on the bed were uncomfortable not up to a 5 star standard

The staff are very friendly and welcoming. The rooms are clean and it has a modern, clean 15m swimming pool.

As u enter the premises , the staff acts indifferent of ur arrival . At checkout around 7-,8 people surrounded for tips including porters guards and god know who all . literally surrounded me. Management please hike their salaries else they might mug your guests

• Superior Double Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

Noisy parties outside for 2 nights of our 4 night stay, expensive food, very expensive drinks, limited menu.

Roomy and comfortable bedroom, friendly and helpful staff

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

Location was convenient for me as I had a meeting in Federation House. The store at the basement was quite interesting. Breakfast was very good. Staff was very helpful.

• Superior Double Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

Very nice hotel -- clean and tidy. Attentive staff, good location, nice breakfast. The hotel leaves a very positive impression. I liked the central control console -- it's always handy to have one next to bed. The "night" dim lamp in the corridor is very helpful if you need to sip water or visit bathroom :)

• Superior Double Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

The only thing that all of us didn't like was the pricing. What I mean by that is, every price was listed without taxes. Rooms were booked at 700 euros through booking.com but we ended up paying 884 euros due to taxes. Massage was listed as 105 euros, ended up paying 127. 3 cups of tea ended up costing almost 14 euros after taxes.

Everything was very nice. The staff was great, very helpful, the bed was very fluffy, amazingly clean rooms, all the amenities it offered were top notch.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

As with so many hotel rooms there is never a good light to do make up in and never a plug socket near a mirror when using your straighteners! Also would have liked umbrellas round the pool.

Staff were ultra polite and keen to help. Nothing was too much trouble. Room spotessly clean.

• Superior Double Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

The sitting lounge in front of the reception desk requires total redesigning, the present one is quite uncomfortable.

Great value for money, very co-operative and ever-smiling staff.

• Superior Triple Room

We were told to go in the wrong room when we arrived. Also we booked a room for 3 but the room was set up for 2 persons only: 2 towels, 2 toothbrushes, 2 mugs, not enough soap/shampoo, tea and coffee. Moreover there is no conditioner. The shampoo is supposed to be a conditioner as well but it actually really dried out hair and conditioner is required. The only thing they actually covered for our 3 person booking is an extra bed. We had one super king bed and a regular bed for one person. The second bed was added and not confortable, it is very disappointing from a hotel if this standard. Finally the staff was not helpful. Everywhere I was in India, hotels helped me booking taxis using Uber or Ola that is very cheap and safe. In this hotel, they think more of their commission with taxis than helping the customer and didn’t want to help us at all. Also we had tea one evening and it happened that it costs 1500 roupies for 3 person m, which is ridiculous ! I really think this hotel does not deserve the standard they are claiming. I have been to hotel of the same rank and lower with much better service.

Great location, clean and really good breakfast.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

1.Breakfast definitely needs attention. The spread is not well balanced.quality of food specially breakfast needs a lot of improvement. 2.The bath tub is not user friendly and is at a considerable height and people with health issues relating to limbs will find it painfull to get in and out.The aged really need to be carefull as it's very easy to slip/fall and get injured.

Great location. Room was comfortable.

• Club Double or Twin Room Inclusive of Wifi and Airport Transfers

When I arrived, there was a fold-away bed preventing me from getting to the window. The arm padding on both arms of the desk chair were falling off. The carpet was dirty and stained. Under my request,the bed and chair were removed and a replacement chair was supplied - not a very good chair. The carpet didn't seem to have been vacuumed, but this could have been because of the stains. The bed linen was thin and there were small holes in the bed cover. The buffet breakfast was on a par with most of the other hotels where I stayed in India, but I had to ask for a teaspoon when I had a cup of tea. There seemed to be an air of discontent among some of the staff at the breakfast. Another annoyance was the bath/shower setup. A glass screen had been added above the bath to prevent the water running onto the floor - good idea; however, the glass panel had been placed next to the taps, which meant I had to climb into the bath to turn on the taps. I have stayed in better hotels for less than half the price.

The breakfast buffet was varied and fresh. The breakfast area was clean with plenty of staff. In a good location - but there are many touts. The supply and variety of toiletries was excellent. The services of room cleaning after the first day was excellent. The services of in-room food services of both the chef and the young gentleman delivering the food also excellent.

• Superior Double Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

In this 5* hotel you can't use free wifi after check-out. It used to have nice interior, but the rooms are a bit worn out now.

Clean and comfortable room, hospitable staff, good breakfast.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

bathrooms do need upgrading but the eclectic style probably adds to the hotel character but other than that exceptional

just fantastic from the moment we entered to the time of departure the hotel met our every need

• Superior Double Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

There was a wedding on the final day before we checked out very early for our flight. We did receive a nice letter to explain there would be a noise. However a nice gesture in terms of a meal, drinks or discount would have been better. It was a struggle to get up at 4am the next morning with the wedding noise the night before. But it still didnt ruin the stay. A nice gesture to the rest of the guests would have been perfect.

Fresh tea served regularly. All the food was fresh and hot. If you wanted anything extra the chef was happy to make it for you! The staff were all excellent and at hand to help. Staff member Ram in particular was a wonderful waiter for the 4 days we were there, looked after my parents as if they were his own! Staff member Rakesh was wonderful at check it and explained everything clearly and insured we had no problems with our double booking. The hotel is around the corner from Bangla Sahib Gurudwara, literally 3 minute walk, so it was nice to start and finish our evenings there. Taxi price from the hotel to the airport was a reasonable 700/800r Lots of tuk tuks and taxis available. If getting a tuk tuk I would walk down the road slightly and get a cheaper priced with a bit of haggling.

• Club Double or Twin Room Inclusive of Wifi and Airport Transfers

A telephone charge was added to our final bill that we never made. This was sorted out, but it meant that we left with a negative experience. The hotel doctor is useless. We were told to go to a hospital emergency because he didn't have a blood glucose machine. After about Rs1300, I was better equipped than this doctor.

Staff are very friendly and professional, the food is good in the restaurants onsite. Very amenable to restrictive dietary requirements (diabetic). Very close to Connaught Place. Large, comfortable rooms, but felt a bit tired and old.

absolutely nothing

This hotel is fabulous with really fantastic friendly staff - their motto 'You're the boss' - nothing was a problem - can't compliment them enough right from the baggage handlers, the front desk staff our housekeeper the breakfast staff who served up wonderful breakfasts and the fab guys who worked in Chutney (their Indian cuisine restaurant) super food again - please try the platter as a starter so yummy.

• Superior Triple Room

We were a group of 4 person. I did the check out in the morning, but I stayed in the hotel until the evening because my flight was at 10 pm. When I did the check out, and After payed three nights in this hotel (which is not specially cheap...), reception told me that I cant have wifi anymore (even paying). I work for a hotel loyalty program and this is the opposite of “personalize a guest experience”. In my case, the hotel ruin my experience for this matter. I cant understand how a 5 stars hotel can’t provide wifi anymore to their guests, when they do the check out.. This should be a free service, because It doesn’t carry any extra cost for the hotel. You should consider your clients as a guest until they leave the hotel, not until they do the check out. In my case, I wont come back, very poor service.

• Superior Double Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

The room size and comfort and cleanness as it is to be expected by an Hotel of similar status. The variety and freshness of the breakfast buffet.

• Superior Double Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

Wine was a bit expensive but very good.

All of it. Staff lovely. Hotel lovely. Food excellent. Nice to be greeted with delicious cakes and biscuits in room. All really. Will stay here again.

• Superior Double Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

The hotel had a party booking around the swimming pool. We had asked for a quiet, high up room. The room they gave was high up but faced the pool so there was very loud music until late at night. It was the sort of volume your daughter would play at just to annoy you.

Nice feel, very comfortable. Best breakfast during our stay in India.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

The toilet was only separated from main room by glass partition/wall and door and so less privacy than would like

close to great area of the city, easy to walk to local attractions. Clean and friendly staff. Good breakfast.

• Superior Double Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

Could do with a bigger TV and a bigger safe. Also need some fresh air in the building as it's very dry.

Great location. 5mins by car to Connaught Place (city centre) which costs approx Rs50. Clean and friendly hotel. Good sized rooms. Nice breakfast.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room Inclusive of Wi-Fi

The spa prices stated as pre-tax - beware as there was a 30% tax applied. Quite a bit more than you might expect! The continental/all-day restaurant was ok but nothing special. You'd be better off trying some of the great restaurants out and about in Delhi. The breakfast buffet was also pretty basic - the Indian breakfast is much nicer than the 'continental' selection.

Browse The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa New Delhi traveller photo gallery