Reviews of Taj Chandigarh 5 stars

Block No 9, Sector 17 A, 160017 Chandīgarh, India

#8 of 105 hotels in Chandīgarh

Just average. Breakfast menu was a repeat, deserts were stale&d bread kept4display had green fungus
    • Superior King Room with City View

Not the Taj experience one expects. Too plain and uneventfull. Property needs to be made lively.

Gagandeep serving at the acfe was very couteous. Staff was good and polite.

On booking it was showing 6200 rupee but when I received...
    • Deluxe Twin Room with City View

On booking it was showing 6200 rupee but when I received confirmation it says additional 1116 rupee. Its not fair. You are overcharging customers. It shoud be shown at first place.its misleading customers

Wonderful 2 nights relaxing in luxury away from work in Punjab.
    • Superior King Room with City View

I booked a half board stay of two nights through Booking. com. Unfortunately, I was not informed by the receptionist that I had to eat in Cafe 17. I chose to eat in the Chines restaurant and had to pay extra for these meals. I have subsequently written to the manager of the Taj and requested a free meal to the value of the extra amount. He has agreed. I am happy with this outcome.

Dinner both nights at the excellent Chinese restaurant ‘Black Lotus.’ Also, the huge, clean swimming pool. There could be more umbrellas next to the pool for shade.

breakfast was good.
    • Superior Twin Room with City View

housekeeping poor. some towels are not replaced. gym is poor with no responsible person there. the towels in gym smell of oil. i had ordered a tandoori chicken with great expectation as i had come from south india, which was pathetic.

breakfast was good. room service good, front office OK

The hotel is very comfortable and centrally located and the...
    • Superior Twin Room with City View

The smell in the rooms and the worn out carpets .

The hotel is very comfortable and centrally located and the staff bend backwards to make to feel like VIPs . Only the musty smell in the rooms needs to be worked on.

Location good but hotel can do improvement at the property to excite the guests.
    • Superior King Room with City View

Rooms have a stinking and pungent smell. The washrooms look like they are from 70's and not up to mark.

Staff was very warm specially the people in the breakfast area. I hope i am complimenting the right person - zasmeet was such attentive and kind.

Good hotel in the center of city
    • Superior Twin Room with City View

Booking dot com mentioned in the confirmation as the price was all inclusive with no hidden costs but the hotel has charged taxes extra. We should be made clear of the amount of taxes also while booking. Any how I got a good deal.

Located in the center of the city close to malls and offices. Excellent breakfast with south Indian, North Indian and continental dishes. Service was great.

Breakfast was pathetic!
    • Superior Twin Room with City View

Swimming pool could have been cleaner, breakfast was not the best, it was really badly managed. Food was not hot.! I don't expect this from a hotel of level of TAJ. The breakfast hall could not accommodate enough people!

Amazing customer service, granted us delayed check out without a hassle. The staff is very courteous, the spa was really nice.

Deepak at breakfast was extremely attentive and courteous.
    • Superior King Room with City View

Deepak at breakfast was extremely attentive and courteous. Many hotels prefer to play 'Western' music in the background which is really terrible. We really enjoyed the sitar player who was playing outside the breakfast restaurant at the Taj.

My son sprained his ankle and we had to check for a fracture.
    • Superior King Room with City View

My son sprained his ankle and we had to check for a fracture. The hotel arranged transport to a nearby hospital at night and also took us to a pharmacy for medicine. They did not even charge us for it even though we did not mind paying. Besides, we slept well at night and also had a good dinner and breakfast. It was an excellent stopover between Delhi and Shimla !

Nice clean quiet and tastefully decorated property.
    • Superior Twin Room with City View

The smoking rooms were far and few. Only non smoking rooms were available. The size of the twin bed room was a bit too small for 2 people.

Nice clean quiet and tastefully decorated property. The staff was very warm and welcoming. The hotel also has a shopping arcade with good shops.

Excellent stay and experience. Will definitely visit again.
    • Deluxe Twin Room with City View

Liked everything. There is some scope to improve their Spa services by providing more training to the masseurs. Can be more proactive to arrange extra tables for breakfast in case of full capacity.

We were upgraded to a suite so that really helped enhance our stay at the Taj. The location is in the center of the city to close to almost everything.

As usual, a great place to stay in Chandigarh
    • Superior King Room with City View

The table and chairs in the room need to be refurbished. The chair on the table has wheels that tend to run away and thus risky for use

The room; the restaurant staff and in particular Deepak; the front office staff, the Lounge staff on the fifth floor

Good stay.
    • Superior Twin Room with City View

Lack of knowledge among specialist desk staff on things to see in Chandigarh. For example, when we asked if Le Corbusier museum would be open on Monday we were told yes from 9-5. However on getting there we found it is closed on Mondays. We could have gone on the Saturday that we were there.

The location, lounge area, room, friendly staff. ambience.

Beautiful hotel; but watch the wi fi!

WI FI see above

Everything was great at the hotel, except the wi fi, which was a huge problem for me. The wonderful staff tried to sort it out, but weren't able to, and the situation caused me a lot of problems because I need to send and receive important emails constantly. I do want to commend one of the staff members in particular: Mr. Guarav, at the front desk, who went well beyond the call of duty to make sure that I enjoyed my visit to Chandigarh. Also the IT staff member was great; he tried and tried with great patience. It wasnt his fault that the wi fi was poor It is some sort of router or other hardware issue at the hotel.

stay was good but they should have included breakfast in the price.
    • Superior King Room with City View

my shower did not have hot water. I had to call the engineer to get the hot water fixed. next morning I had the same problem of no hot water

the rooms were very comfortable. the bathroom was nice. location was very central

Rohini cant thank u enough
    • Superior King Room with City View

Rohini singh front desk one of the best staff in taj. She makes you feel welcome and has the ability in customer serivce like no other thank you rohini

Hotel fine, restaurant not up to standard for this price..
    • Superior Twin Room with City View

Breakfast service wasn't great... Staff didn't seem to have been trained properly and weren't very efficient. Also all of their uniforms had stains on them. Doesn't give a very clean impression in a restaurant...

Lovely building, very comfy.

Worst hotel in Chandigarh
    • Superior King Room with City View

The service is pathetic. They could not refund me 800 Euro that they charged by mistake. It’s been three weeks now and there seems to be no one responsible to help out. Absolutely superficial and dubious hotel.

The check-out

I'm coming back here soon.
    • Superior King Room with City View

The bed was too springy but can be overlooked.

Great view from the room. No glitches during my stay. My baby got gifted a small soft toy and chocolate.

Hotel looks beautiful... staff are an asset no fault in the staff at all so helpful and pleasant.
    • Superior Twin Room with City View

Swimming pool was not clean dead flies floating cold... steam room was awful. Smell inside hotel room floors was musty need more ventilation... my room view was an old desolate swimming pool.... 5star I expected more luxury. Shopping area near hotel was in need of desperate repair...

Staff... food Raj in housekeeping was very attentive 👌🏽

Was a uncomfortable stay
    • Deluxe Twin Room with City View

We booked for two seperate beds and were offered a suite but again with single bed which made our stay uncomfortable

Firstly there is no sign board mentioning Taj Hotel but the only visible sign is the Range Rover board and more over no directional sign on the road side and the main entrance. We got in just by chance and on asking the security is this the Taj Hotel as there were no branding

Taj made me miss my flight
    • Superior King Room with City View

My baggage was mixed up with another guest during the checkout process and they call me only when I am halfway thru to the airport and the staff did not even apologise for the inconvenience caused and all they did was to panic and make me feel suffocated and such a pathetic way to start the day when you have tons of other things to worry about. I never expected this from the country's top hospitality provider. I can't express what they made me feel because the stress is appalling

Good stay
    • Superior King Room with City View

Breakfast. I guess I had higher expectations on variety of the food. It was too many Indian dishes and very less continental. Nevertheless, the dosa and egg live station were tasty.

The location of the hotel was nice, the overall ambiance and the Chinese restaurant is amazing both in food and service!

I am disappointed that my family was asked to settle the...
    • Superior Twin Room with City View

I am disappointed that my family was asked to settle the bill and was made to wait for an hour when all the bills were already settled in advance online. This is unprofessional that staff is not aware of the payment. It was my parents wedding anniversary and I didn't want them to stress about making payment.

my experience
    • Superior Twin Room with City View

laid back attitude of staff, no courtesy. My room key wasn’t working, called from house phone to get a new key, waited for 15 mins for the key, called again for it & got to know that the reception lady heard the wrong room number. Waited for another 20 mins Called again & she said mam sending after waiting for 5 more mins i went to the reception & collected the key, however it didn’t worked aswell. I called again ask for jt again she took 15 mins & no response. Meanwhile a housekeeper was passing & i requested him to open the door. 10 mins post entering to the room a gentleman came with a key. So much of negligence. Annoying & not acceptable.

location & Food

New Year Celebration was very poor.
    • Superior King Room with City View

We went there specially for new Year Celebration. & they have charged extra Rs 13000 for this. but it was not value for money. the event company managed it very badly. No game , no excitement nothing for kids. they showed some Indian dancers in the name of Belly dancers. Event was not up to mark as per the standard of five star property. Please guys improved.

Property is very good , nicely located. staff was very good and corporative.

• Superior King Room with City View

dOne thing tho my stay was for only a night but no one came to give water on the second day and neither no one came to re fill the tea and coffee bags..

Taj never dissapoints... Its always great to stay in Taj

An exhilarating experience in hospitality.
    • Superior King Room with City View

All above expectations compared to experiences elsewhere!

The excellent service by the Staff. Very courteous and helpful. Went the extra mile to assist us with a smile - both at the front desk and the breakfast area. Deepak and your new Chef, I can’t remember his name were simply fabulous. They are an asset to Taj in particular and to any organisation in general. We look forward to our future stays at Taj and recommend this awesome place to ALL. Cheers!😀😀 May I know how to sign up for Taj membership please?

Awe full
    • Superior King Room with City View

Only one pair of slippers No bathrobes Cupboards doors in bad shape The pillars outside the window were dirty shabby Next room was extremely loud till 4 am had about 6 people in the room

Saved by the breakfast but not the true Taj experience
    • Superior King Room with City View

To me this is a Taj franchise and not a true Taj hotel. The flooring in the bedroom was warn and chipped. Unable to book any treatments in the spa. We had no turndown service or flowers put on the floor in the room. Little things we expect if this is a true 5 star hotel. Not a patch on the Taj at Mumbai where we have stayed twice before. Service was not what I would expect either.

Excellent location and the welcome from outside, you realise you are in a Taj hotel. The breakfast buffet had an excellent choice which you would expect.

A good location. More of a business hotel than family friendly.
    • Superior King Room with City View

The staff were cold and not very friendly. Although this could be seen as professional. Although the head of security was excellent and very friendly. Children were not allowed in the bar. We didn’t know this and were escorted out by the manager after we had ordered drinks!!

The hotel is in a great location to explore the city. There are a lot of options for dinning. The checkin process was very simple. The bed was really comfortable.

I have no hope from this property
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

- Room uncomfortable - Bathroom fixtures - poor - Pillows - bad - Room service - third class - F&B service - third class - Room service staff - third class - Service standards - third class - Does not look like a Taj property.

Excellent location, clean, friendly & responsive staff.
    • Superior King Room with City View

Musty smell in the room.No ironing facility in the room.Travel desk forgot to send the car for pickup despite clear telephonic booking 4 hrs earlier.

Clean, good view, helpful staff.

Nothing but Taj at Chandigrah.
    • Superior Twin Room with City View

You should include breakfast in your room charges at reasonable rate.

Excellent centralized location. Great entrance & lobby. Courteous Front Desk. Excellent Room & Bathroom. Neat & Clean. Quick response from Bell Captain

Staff was good.
    • Superior King Room with City View

The hotel is begining to show that it is becoming old. The rooms need to be looked into. The matteress is not at all comfortable. The pillows are old and uncomfortable. The housekeeping in the room is not checked.

Staff was good. I needed a special diet and they were verybhelpful

Very bad trip because your cheating
    • Superior Twin Room with City View

Was not given the room as per our bookings .we had booked Twin room and were given twin bed in single room .I had asked you for twin room suit type accomodation for three persons .you booked for two persons only and I didn't check what you had booked.You may check the details given by me in my booking s.The room was too small for three persons and was charged extra for third bed.This was not expected from you.I was given a lecture about twin room

Nothing like as much the price charged per night not say...
    • Superior King Room with City View

Nothing like as much the price charged per night not say that it was 5 star hotela level , food was also ok not so much of variety we found no welcome drinks , takes too much time for check in and check out formalities. In nutshell not staisfied as compare to cost.

Not worth.
    • Superior King Room with City View

System. If u don't respond the bell at once their staff will streight way get in with the Master Key. No privacy for a family. Disgusting. This procedure was confirmed by their staff at reception.

Nice & Enjoyed.
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

View blocked by Structural Pillars. Carpets are difficult to keep clean , so they must be Out.

Staff ( Each one of them ) is really Nice & Helpful.

Swimming pool is really nice.
    • Superior King Room with City View

Hotel's taxi service is way overpriced (5000+ for an half hour ride). No alcohol due to the liqueur ban.

Swimming pool is really nice. Very friendly reception service. Club lounge food is just amazing.

Gone for fun turned into a sad trip.
    • Superior King Room with City View

Pathetic security and services.. Gave my car valet parking. Gave a big scratch on my new car. Security not ready to accept their mistake.

Approachable place.

Poor
    • Superior King Room with City View

The hotel was below standard. The room didn't even have any of the the personal care items. No bar Very much below the expectations of being in a Taj.

Hotel of thieves...be careful
    • Superior Twin Room with City View

Our money was stolen from our Room while the staff came to drop the luggage....Very disappointed with the whole staff and security. Will never come to this place of thieves again

Nothing good ...was travelling for leisure but spoiled my trip.

CASUAL APPROACH AND concern of TAJ people while stay.
    • Superior Twin Room with City View

WE WERE 3 ADULTS AS A FAMILY( MYSELF,SPOUSE AND SON) BUT REPEATEDLY WE WERE PROVIDED WITH 2 THINGS AND AT TIMES ONLY ONE, e.g. ONE COFFEE MUG IN THE ROOM, ONE TEA CUP ,TEA KIT FOR ONE PERSON ( repeatedly we were asking for 2 more). WHILE SWIMMING MY SON GOT INJURY THROUGH THE JUNK NAIL,THEN DR.ALSO VISITED.

CASUAL APPROACH OF THE SERVICES AS FAR AS OUR STAY IS CONCERNED .

Luxury at the heart of the city
    • Superior King Room with City View

No option of all inclusive package with breakfast on my dates but that was something that Booking.com should work out with the property. Dont think thats a negative for the property by itself

The place was located at the heart of the city and you could get to any place within a few minutes. This proved to be a major boon. I also realized that talking to the hotel was fairly easy and they were accommodating to say the least.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Beds were comfortable, the rooms and access to them had a nice elegant feel.
    • Superior Twin Room with City View

The construction is loud at times. We were trying to have important conversations, and could barely hear. Also, there is lounge music playing that is also a little too loud, at least for our needs.

There was only one restaurant open. Food was meh. Price was high. Extensive menu though, so others may have better luck. Service was indifferent.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Special thanks to Mr. Ganesh Chaudary and staff members of Taj Chandigarh!
    • Superior King Room with City View

My stay at Taj Chandigarh is one of the best stays I ever had during my holidays. Staff at Taj Chandigarh knows how to pamper their customers and make them feel like they are at home away from home. Staff is very courteous , friendly and caring towards their customers. We had dinner at their Indian restaurant named Dera, It had best Indian food we had in a long time. Our special thanks to restaurant manager Mr. Ganesh Chaudary, who is a very courteous host and a very nice person to talk to. He treated us so well that we are thinking of going back to Taj Chandigarh to enjoy more meals in their Indian restaurant Dera. Once again, thank you Mr. Ganesh Chaudary, it was a pleasure meeting you and your staff.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Luxurious and very comfortable.
    • Superior King Room with City View

As everything was simply perfect there was nothing we could falter!

The hotel was very luxurious and the overall service was excellent. The staff were always cheerful and very courteous. The breakfast buffet was sumptuous and the staff went out of their way to fulfil our every request.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

Overall a very pleasant experience
    • Superior Twin Room with City View

Although the room rate was very reasonable, although once all the various taxes were added on it ended up costing a little more than I had anticipated.

Great food and service in the restaurants. Good breakfast with a large variety of food and eggs cooked fresh to order. Very comfortable room with all the expected facilities. Staff were generally very welcoming and helpful.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

The breakfast was very good
    • Superior Twin Room with City View

My booking was being cancelled by booking .com without my authority. I had no booking and that wasted lots of my time and start was stressful. Booking.com needs to refund me the accommodation as compensation .

The breakfast was very good

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Class and comfort meets hometown hospitality
    • Deluxe Twin Room with City View

Not much was there which we didn't like. The business center staff were very nice. Maybe they could upgrade their copy machine.

The Taj Chandigarh is a world class hotel which lives fully up to the Taj group's unparalleled reputation. The location, decor, architecture and cleanliness are perfect. The staff members are extremely courteous, well trained and efficient. Since we live in the US and my husband's hometown is Chandigarh-Panchkula where all our relatives live and celebrate their special occasions, we visit the city once or more every year. Through the years, the management has taken excellent care of us, never disappointing. The highlight of our days here is usually their huge breakfast-brunch throughout the week in Cafe 17 - which featured a huge buffet of European, American and Indian dishes with an amazing array of made-to-order Indian delicacies like Puris, parathas, kulchas, bhaturas, dosas, utthapams, and gourmet omelettes. And not to mention the many delicious fruits, salads, desserts and juices. All this is enhanced by the superb service of Chefs like Yogesh and many servers like Javed, Pankaj, Ashok (dinner), Kapil and Tresa. Must also mention front desk management - Abhishek, Vivek and Arvind, Amarinder and business Center Rajat who provide round-the-clock service and take care of international guests superbly. The doormen actually present quite impressive pictures as they welcome guests in Indian style. As world travellers, my husband and I - Dr.Naresh Goel and Dr. Koeli Goel have experienced hospitality in some of the elite hotels across many continents. We count Taj Chandigarh among the top-class. Three Cheers!

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

END OF HOLIDAY TRIP RUINED BY TAJ CHANDIGARH STAFF
    • Superior Twin Room with City View

The trip ruined by your staff (I guess manager for the day 30 December) asking for India ID or OCI cards. Threatened to not allow to check in or take me to police (FRRO office). I don't usually carry important documents (passport etc) once in India and travelling from place to place. Ironically no one asked me the same at check out and never since when I am now back in the UK. POOR SERVICE. THE WHOLE TRIP SPOILT BY THE UNNECESSARY THREAT & STRESS - SHAMEFUL FOR A HOTEL OF TAJ'S CALIBRE.

NOTHING, SEE NEXT

Very well placed in the center of Chandigarh. Pleasant stay!!
    • Superior King Room with City View

Cleanliness within the room. Overall it was ok but there are small thing which can be taken care of before we check in to room.

Facilitation and services were good. Staff was quite hostile. Location of the hotel is quite good as it's a walking distance from Chandigarh popular shopping and fun places. Breakfast menu is good.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Excellent hotel, perfect for visiting Le Corbusier's Capitol Complex
    • Superior King Room with City View

Nothing. Everything was perfect.

What you see in the pictures is what you get. Service was also optimal: friendly and helfull staff at all moments. Good location to visit Capitol Complex. Close to City center too.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Simply loved the room.
    • Superior King Room with City View

Some of the Lobby staffs are very unfriendly. As if they don't like you visiting them.😐

Simply loved the room. Had a really good time at Taj. And food was super delicious 😊

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

The stay was amazing.
    • Superior King Room with City View

The lobby's are little loud. You can hear voices from lobby of your neighbouring guests in your room.

Food, ambience and culture, it's amazing.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

Nice hotel.
    • Superior King Room with City View

The breakfast was below par for what I would expect for a Taj. Service for tea was very slow. We had to wait to be seated for breakfast as there were too many people.

Very comfortable room. Very quiet. Pool was lovely. Security staff and door men were very nice.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Comfortable Stay
    • Superior King Room with City View

Had a leak in the bathroom sink so requested it to be fixed while I was out. The leak was fixed but the bathroom was left dirty. Had to request housekeeping to come clean.

Room was comfortable and the breakfast was very good. Bonus points for the personalised service during breakfast.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Old time Chandigarh
    • Superior King Room with City View

The beds were slightly uncomfortable but I could ignore that.

Everything was good, specially the front office staff Mr.Vivek & Ms.Rupinder. Also, Mr. Sant from travel desk guided well to visit the important places.

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

Short but nice stay at Taj Chandigarh
    • Luxury King Room with City View

In Washrooms there should be toilet faucets .Which are there in most of the hotels. I think only by this addition you can get more internationa Clients.

Warm welcome & easy check in in room by Ms. Chandni was very nice.. Quality of Dinner & breakfast at the same place was good. Services were also nice. We had a very short stay of one night only this time but we'll come here again.

Courteous staff.

Courteous staff. Great location. Overall a great stay

More option should be there for vegetarian food in...
    • Superior King Room with City View

More option should be there for vegetarian food in restaurant

Rooms need renovation

Rooms need renovation

Awesome room excellent food friendly staffs pleasure stay

Swimming pools not functioning

Awesome room excellent food friendly staffs pleasure stay

Please Direct book hotel from the property
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

We had booked extra large bed room but we found normal room.

Ambiance and location

Bath room lekejes

After travelling throughout Punjab for a week;
    • Superior King Room with City View

After travelling throughout Punjab for a week; I extra enjoyed the luxury of this great hotel!

Cleanliness and class

Cleanliness and class

The ambience was really good.
    • Superior Twin Room with City View

Food could have been better

The ambience was really good... It was beautifully constructed. And staff was warm enough!

Good ambience

Good ambience

Excellent service.
    • Superior King Room with City View

The beds were too soft. You pretty much sink into it.

Excellent service. Great food.

This is a real amazing 5 stars hotel on every parameters...
    • Superior King Room with City View

This is a real amazing 5 stars hotel on every parameters (I'm traveling often in India and it's not always the case).