Reviews of Taj Deccan 5 stars

Road # 1 Banjara Hills , Banjara Hills, 500034 Hyderabad, India

#10 of 215 hotels in Hyderabad

Disgusting staff behavior, probably only that person with a racist mindset
    • Superior Twin Room

Disgusting staff behavior, especially receptionist Ms Pooja, had 3 guests visiting me, invited them to my room to hand over some gifts, one woman and 2 men, in daylight, hotel rule says guests cannot go in the room, I felt very insulting after repeatedly requesting for 15 minutes, but the receptionist came with a security guard to stop, it was a kind of intimidating and insulting experience. Afterwards I watched from the ground and from for sometime, I found several people going up and whom I have good reason to believe that they are guests of residents including some westerners, people walking up to the reception and seeing off their friends. There was no security intervention or verification done at the lift. Maybe partly the problem may be from a racist mindset of the particular staff, there isn't an option even to sit in the same floor.

A memorable experience
    • Superior Twin Room

I had a very nice stay in this hotel. The welcome was very friendly and this first impression continued over the whole stay. The staff made every effort to meet my needs. I had a spacious, very clean room and a bed with a comfortable mattress. The hotel is already a bit old, but this gives it a special cosy atmosphere, I liked. The breakfast buffet was big with a wide variety of choices with both Indian and international food. There were live counters for pancakes and coffee. Especially watching the cook preparing the delicious coffee was an experience of its own. You should not miss it. I also enjoyed lunch and dinner there, both of which was delicious. But what set this hotel really apart from all other hotels I have been before was how I was being cared for by the Chefs Srinivasa and even more B.Kumar. They took their time to introduce me to the delights of the (South) Indian cuisine. This made my stay here a really memorable experience that exceeded all my expectations. Next time in Hyderabad I will definitely stay here again.

Terrible

I booked the room for my parents and they were terribly disappointed. After stating that they will settle the bill at checkout, without any permission, they charged the card I had used to book the room claiming that it is hotel policy. My family has traveled extensively and this is the first time we've heard of this. Also, on the day of the checkout, at 10 am, my parents return to the room after breakfast and find the concierge, without their permission, checking the mini-bar and the room. When they have my credit card on file, why do they need to check the mini-bar while my parents are having breakfast. Very inappropriate behavior and shocking attitude towards hotel guests. Honestly, never staying at a Taj branded hotel ever again!

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

It’s 3 star hotel, with dirty bathroom, old room, improper room service, worst guest service. The Room charge does not deserve this level. With the same amount of money, I could have stay in real 5 star hotel. It’s worst Taj hotel ever seen.

Very comfortable business hotel in Banjara Hills area

Concierge tried to rip me off with hotel cab--charged me 1500 rupee to go just a few km (I am white), and charged my friend who looks more indian < 500 RS for the same drive. Suggest to avoid their recommendations and just use Uber for transportation. Off of a busy road so must take a tuk-tuk at least to get anywhere, not at all walkable. Whole design outside of the main entrance feels a bit old and dim--more of a business hotel than a 5 star resort. Business center is a very sad place to be. Free wifi almost useless without a VPN because of heavy packet-blocking and connectivity issues, so it's basically pay for the upgrade to get work done. You'll be happier sitting in the restaurant with a strong drink and an LTE connection.

Lovely checkin experience. Comfortable rooms. Location great to get between city center and Jubilee Hills/Hitech city with several malls nearby. Staff extremely friendly, professional, and accommodating for the most part. Food buffet pretty good with lots of options. Included breakfast was nice.

Beautiful building with huge open indoor area with an...

Beautiful building with huge open indoor area with an incredible stained glass roof and glass elevators to see it all. Very comfortable rooms with tasty bar snacks.

Great Taj Hotel

The first room had a very musty smell, but we asked for a change, and got a new room

Nice location, beautiful property. Good spread for breakfast. Helpful staff, we asked to change our room, and the we got a new one straight away.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Very friendly staff, always smiling and ready to help.
    • Superior Twin Room

Pool is not child friendly, jacuzzi is worn out an need to be replaced.

Very friendly staff, always smiling and ready to help. The property was very clean, in a very good location and definitely was great value for money. Good choice of food for breakfast and many thanks to Jr. Sous chef Mr B. Kumar who made sure my kids had some take away everyday.

A happy relaxed atmosphere
    • Superior Twin Room

Its a warm welcoming helpful atmosphere right from the impressive turbaned doorman to all staff in the hotel. The complimentary service extended by lobby manager to drop us and pick us up from Taj Krishna is very helpful and time saving

Extremely attentive personnel, the chef went to the extent...

Extremely attentive personnel, the chef went to the extent of asking my son what he liked and having it served for breakfast. And the choice was excellent as well.

Not very pleasant

Corridors and room were very dirty and stinky. We had to request the staff to change our room. Fortunately they found us another room, which was slightly better, but not what you would expect in a 5star hotel. Definitely not the kind of hotel that I would recommend to others

Location is best

The air conditioning was not good at all.

The air conditioning was not good at all. We had advised staff to clean our room before leaving but was not taken care off, leading us to sleep in a dirty room.

6.0
    Lot of improvement of greeting understanding customer needs and also agility of staff is needed
    • Superior Twin Room

Staff awareness and agility lacked a lot. Felt for a moment that in staff was themselves lost in their world. Let alone how will guest feel

Loved the Sushi at Syn restaurant inside the hotel

Stayed here for the first time and also first experience...

Stayed here for the first time and also first experience with a Taj Group hotel. Very beautiful property and well maintained.Staff were very helpful and ready to attend the guests at anytime.Food was good and overall the experience was fantastic.Special mention of Sr Chef Srinivas . Thanks to Taj Deccan team for your great hospitality .

Simply the best hotel experience we have ever had!
    • Residency Double Room

The Taj Deccan is beautiful and the staff were simply amazing. The staff were friendly, kind and attentive and made our stay the very best my husband and I have ever experienced anywhere in the world. We really enjoyed our day with Aijaz the driver who helped us by recommending best tourist sites and great shopping and eating. The attentiveness of Srinivasa the chef and the stewards was amazing. It was my birthday on our last day and we were overwhelmed with the care mand the generosity of staff especially Kumar the chef who designed a special South Indian birthday lunch menu and made the most delicious cake and Hema from housekeeping who delivered special gifts and flowers to my room! All staff were easy to talk to and provided excellent service, the staff are a true testament to the quality of this first class hotel! It was a truly unforgettable experience. Thank you all for being so kind and caring, we will definitely be back!

A wonderful Indian sojourn, luxurious, great coffee.
    • Superior Twin Room

Lovely room. Delicious buffet breakfast and dinners. Lovely outdoor swimming pool. All staff kind and efficient. We had a delightful five day stay at very reasonable cost.

Pleasant but sometimes frustrating due to inefficient table service.
    • Residency Twin Room

Staff at breakfast time seemed inefficient. A cup of tea or a cup of orange juice took 10-15mins to come every morning.

Friendly staff and good location

Good location with friendly staff but certainly room for improvement with the facilities.
    • Superior Twin Room

Bathrooms could be better. They are not bad but they are rather small for a luxury hotel. Fitness center small and not available late hours. No slippers in the room.

Value for money. Good service with friendly staff. Reasonable restaurants.

Very hospitable and comfortable.
    • Residency Double Room

Very hospitable and comfortable. The staff was more than accommodating and the room was very well kept. I enjoyed the room service and the breakfast spread. I hired a car with a driver for a day, the driver was extremely helpful and the hotel's charge for this service was extremely reasonable. The front desk staff were very friendly. I will definitely stay here for all my future travels to Hyderabad.

Travelling with small kids
    • Residency Double Room

No chance to find something negative about Taj Deccan.

Extremely friendly staff. They even arranged baby cot for our baby from a different hotel because their cots were taken. And fresh seasonal fruit in the evening was just what we needed after a busy day :)

A very comfortable, friendly hotel.

The rooms are a little dated, especially the bathroom. The breakfast buffet selection is not quite as varied as other Taj hotels but still good.

The staff were very welcoming and friendly upon arrival and during my stay. Happy to help with any requests and prompt in doing so. The rooms are very spacious.

Clean hotel and courteous staff.
    • Superior Twin Room

The breakfast setup was a total mess.Seating was not adequate and totally understaffed.the breakfast setup in Banjara and Taj Krishna are very organised.This was the only disappointment

Clean hotel and courteous staff.

Below par service

Overall below par service. Felt like the senior staff did not care. E.g very disappointed by the service @ breakfast on the 28th. When pointed out, staff wanted to have an argument !!Same with checking in, allotted 2 rooms on different floors, while we had booked for family, promised to fix it, but tomorrow never came. The welcome letter was a formality, with no follow thru. Overall very poor experience, will not stay again or recommend

My stay at Taj Deccan was pleasant and enjoyable
    • Residency Double Room

The mattress was a little soft for me, causing slight back discomfort by the morning. My partner had no issues with the matress

I loved the cleanliness and friendly and courteous staffThe

A memorable and happy experience in
    • Residency Twin Room

There was at times a bad of our lingering in my bathroom.

Great and comfortable classic which we enjoyed very much. The restaurant and particularly the breakfasts were excellent. Staff courtesy, care and attention were outstanding.

Staff very friendly
    • Residency Twin Room

I feel that the evening buffet does not cater for the EU visitor sufficiently and the cost of having just a soup is extortionate, three times the price of soup in the U.K.

Staff very friendly

Nice staff
    • Superior Twin Room

Booked room well in advance to extend from wedding stay but couldnt get key until 5pm, waited till 10:30pm for bags to be brought up from other room despite numerous calls and visits to reception. Room was dirty, empty pringles tube in drawer, litter on bathroom floor.

Staff were helpful

Will not stay here again.

I wasn't allowed to have anyone in my room after 7 pm because I'm a single "woman" - This is ridiculous. I am an adult who was visiting friends and if my friend wanted to sit in my room while we wait to go out for dinner, I'm not sure what the problem is. We had to pay extra to change the room to double occupancy just so my friend could sit in my room for a 1-2 hours.

The hotel is very clean.
    • Residency Double Room

The room was cold. We had to change it because of that. Look like they don't have a good temperature control. Evening time you can hear music from outside parties in your room due to poor soundproof.

The hotel is very clean. All stuff are professional. The restaurant is good.

Will not repeat our stay or recommend the Taj Deccan, Hyderabad

For 5 rooms out of the 6 we'd booked, we were able to check-in only between 5.15 - 6 p.m. on the day of arrival which is more than 3 hours after confirmed check-in time and 2 hours after we arrived at the property! They had no logical explanation, no preemptive apology, no suitable compensation for the messy situation. Front desk as well as restaurant service was very slow though they were all pleasant to deal with. Overall we were wondering if this was really a Taj hotel!

Excellent service, kid friendly, value for money. Would return.
    • Residency Twin Room

There didn’t seem to be an expert on the numerous sights of Hyderabad. So you will need to do your own planning.

I liked that there was a wide variety of food and so, if you didn’t like something you wouldn’t be hungry.

in room dining was good
    • Superior Twin Room

requested for a nonsmoking room with 2 double beds- but was given room with single bed- have to explain to the staff that I did ask for 2 double beds & not the single bed- after an hour or so- finally we got the room with 2 double beds- this experience made me not comfortable with this hotel

in room dining was good

Super friendly & helpful staff

As others have written before: Super friendly and helpful staff; literally everyone. Lovely atmosphere. Excellent food. Reasonably priced - generous - received b/f and one additional meal even complimentary.

I loved the personalised service, and the particularly...
    • Superior Twin Room

There really was nothing I didn't like.

I loved the personalised service, and the particularly friendly and obliging staff at the Taj Deccan. I had only just arrived in India and this was my first hotel which somewhat set the standard for the rest of my stay. As I was traveling alone the attitude of staff is important to me and I have to say that from the restaurant to room service to the front desk, the manner was always polite offering the best service with a smile! The breakfasts were amazing and I was even delivered a juice that I requested of beetroot, carrot and celery with a little ginger! I got the feeling that nothing was too much trouble. Thank you to all the staff at Taj Deccan, (including security at the front gate), for helping to make my stay so enjoyable.

Taj Deccan - unpleasant stay
    • Superior Twin Room

Cleanliness. The property is very old, yet good and spacious. But the maintenance of carpet and more over the odour is absolutely bad. It's stinks literally and does not suit image of Taj properties. I have stayed in many properties but Taj Deccan was stark deviation.

Accessibility is the only positive aspect along good team.a

Luxurious and restful.

The staff were all absolutely wonderful. They did their utmost to make me feel welcomed and comfortable. The food was quite good and it was heart-warming to have the chefs come and chat with me everyday whilst serving me a great breakfast. Many thanks to Palash, Theresa, excellent chefs, and very importantly Wahab the chauffeur, for all your excellent work and help, making my stay in Hyderabad memorable. I thoroughly enjoyed the delightfully lush experience.

Good but not great. Discourteous Late night Staff. Staff doesnt know their own process. Average Food

Checked in late at night with my wife. Staff was discourteous and did not even profer a "hello SIr or Good evening" The breakfast was good for the most part however, toast was burnt and the bacon was made in stale oil While checking out (I made the booking on Booking.com), the staff argued that the rate from booking.com was not accurate and I had to pay whatever fees they decided. Till I had to explain that I will pay whatever the site I booked from charged me and they relented. Pathetic experience and very unprofessional and humiliating. Tgough after they realised their mistake they were polite - which does not help one bit.

Nice room, decent property. Part of the breakfast ordered at room service was good.

Nice, quality hotel, with a local Indian feel and great staff

Elevators were strange - one requires a staff member with card to work, the other goes to any rooms without using the room card. It is very difficult to go anywhere by foot in the area, but not impossible. A bit of renovation/sky roof cleaning is due. If you have business in the HITEC City, expect 1-1.5 hours car rides each direction.

Great service and staff, nice restaurants (especially the Asian fusion one); a hotel with personality and with a local Indian feel. Although far, it gives a better feel, quality and surroundings than the sterile business hotels in HITEC City.

comfortable and large room
    • Superior Twin Room

the dining staff should be more accomodative , which should reflect the exclusive Taj hospitality

comfortable and large room value for money excellent valet service cordial front office and house keeping staff

Great food & location. Courteous staff. Change of room and slack service was of some concern.
    • Superior Twin Room

The room had some electrical problem that was not checked while I was out for the whole day. It once took them 15mins to get a bottle of water and the apology was fake. Expected better from Taj!

The restaurant (Arena), the ambiance, staff and food was amazing.

overall good stay. might try other similar hotels in the area for future stay.
    • Residency Double Room

bedsheet had holes that were hand stitched (really surprised). the age of the room / hotel (furnitures, walls) was visible.

loved the breakfast and the location of the hotel

ZERO VALUE FOR MONEY SPENT !
    • Superior Twin Room

Terrible room ambience. Felt cheated for the money spent. The room service was very poor especially the person who was asked to set the TV ; get the slippers was very rude. Recommend people to check out the rooms before check in. OVERALL FELT LIKE WE HAD BEEN ACCOMODATED IN A STORE ROOM. CLAUSTROPHOBIC EXPERIENCE NOT EXPECTED OF TAJ.

Very dissapointing. Only the experience at the reception was good. Hated the time spent there.

The service was par excellence.
    • Residency Double Room

The service was par excellence. Breakfast was great. Location was extremely central and easy to travel. Staff was friendly and helpful. There is a mall close by and shopping was also close. Overall a great stay

Overall no complaints except the ambience in the restaurant wasn’t nice.
    • Superior Twin Room

The ambience in the main restaurant is a little poor. Would be a great improvement to make it more warm and welcoming. It feels like sitting in twilight zone.

Bed was extra comfy !

Relaxing, fun and comfortable

We had requested a late checkout for 1 room, which was confirmed by the property a week before the trip. On the day of checkout, a staff member called and rudely told us to vacate before the committed checkout time. Caused a lot of unpleasantness. Barring that, all good.

Large and spacious rooms! A rarity with newer hotels. Doormen, waiters, restaurant staff were all very courteous and friendly

Good location and friendly staff but the rooms not upto the standard of Taj.

The hotel has become old. Requires overhauling. I was surprised at the leakage in bathroom inspite of being Taj !

Staff very friendly. Breakfast quite good !

Housekeeper Ram was v.

Noise at night.security people came to my room post 10pm!not nice.bathroom was not clean on check in in the evening.

Housekeeper Ram was v.efficient n hospitable

Excellent value for money Taj hotel.
    • Superior Twin Room

The hotel has all of the standard Taj hospitality, but at an excellent price. The breakfast was also good , maybe not very extensive but with everything you need.

our choice in hyderabad

please...do something with the doors between rooms..it is like there is no privacy at all. one can hear everything from the other room..EVERYTHING! also, the overall insulation of the rooms needs to be improved. the prices at the hotel's restaurant are extremely high..but the quality of the food is very good!!

almost everything. without neighbors could be the perfect stay!!!

Great hotel for the lone business/tourist woman traveler. Safe and very helpful
    • Superior Twin Room

A few staff who don't smile !! Taj is about warm and smiles...

Duty Manager Mr.Rao was extremely helpful to all my issues!! on departure , too , he gave me a delightful send off ! for a lone woman traveler , this property looked after me and that is really important. We need to feel safe at all times. Thank you and will surely visit Taj Deccan again

Very good
    • Superior Twin Room

Room neighbors a little noisy and with loud TV.

Mr. Srinivasa , the Sr. Chef De Partie is a very very very good cook. He and bis team prepare the best meal.

HICC conference attendance

The only thing that didn't work for me was the Hotel room safe as I didn't follow the instructions exactly! I realise that the going rate for hotel transfers to the airport is at a certain level but it would be nice if this price could be rounded down somewhat.

The hotel is visually impressive and the front hall is one of the most nicest that I have seen in a couple of years. It is expansive and pleasing to the eye. The buffet breakfast was excellent with a good range on offer. I usually had the omelette and some fried/cooked foods. I dined every night at the Spice Junxion rather than the buffet supper and had a wide range of delightful Indian foods over the three nights. I was very well looked after by the waiter Mr. Sanju Mondal and the Chef on duty for the three evenings. The front desk staff were very helpful and organised metered cabs (the best option) for me very quickly and these were always Ola cabs that got me to meetings in HICC promptly. Mr. Nagesh was especially helpful - he went out of his way to ensure that everything ran smoothly. The two barmen (in the Syn bar) that I talked with were also very knowledgeable on Indian tourism and their insights and advice proved invaluable to me during my time in Hyderabad. The room was a decent size and with plenty of room and one did not get the feeling of claustrophobia. Overall, it was an excellent experience and thoroughly enjoyable. I will return to this hotel again the next time I am in Hyderabad.

An average 4 star hotel that needs a good clean

This is the second time I've stayed in a Taj this month and again I left thinking it was not a five star resort. It is a commendable four star. The building is old, not well cleaned and the massage room was a broom closet in the gym. Taj does itself a disfavour by pretending it's name can cover up the fact that not all of it's properties live up to the 5 star standards that other hotels consistently achieve.

The staff were lovely and seemed genuinely committed to making my stay comfortable.

Excellent stay.
    • Superior Twin Room

Bathroom fittings are cheap and old, needs improvement. Health faucet is missing in the bathroom, for those who do not like to wipe, a good old plastic mug is provided. I find this very odd for an Indian hotel.

Excellent property, a complete Taj experience. Staff is well mannered, rooms are comfortable, food is excellent.

Comfortable but dated decor needs renovation

Hotel is quite old and the decor is dated and tired. It would definitely do with a refresh. The room had a slightly musty smell which I think came from the air conditioning system. Breakfast was quite limited.

Good location and spacious rooms. Staff were polite and helpful. Room service food was delicious.

Good location and if booking is all correct reasonably priced.
    • Residency Double Room

However, the booking I made whether this is an issue with bookings or mis-adverstisement by the hotel I did not get what I paid for with the booking. Also and again this may be a technical error but I booked for a family occupancy room and the hotel insisted I booked single so if travelling with family please double check first before travelling. I booked this hotel with 3 days notice so this was also my mistake even though I did advise by email to the hotel I was travelling with family when I booked a cot so they could have rasied this with me as well. Very dissappointed that for the second Indian hotel in 4 weeks I have booked a room that states executive lounge access and there is no such lounge or the hotel staff simply didnt like the look of my family anddidnt want to grant us access. When I raised this at reception I am not clear if they pretended they did not understand or did not want to give me access to the lounge but neverless I paid extra for a room to have lounge access for no reason, as the lesser room rates would have sufficed. As several hotels locally also had lounges (Krishna/Radison Blu) I highlighted the receptionist that I would not have booked this rate had I known (with current exchange rate nearly £30 difference). She provided me with a complimentary drinks voucher which was nice but this for me was not really acceptable given I was misleaded and would have rather stayed else where or saved the money. Also to note when affordable I pay for lounge access for the sheer convenience with kids to have the option of afternoon tea and drinks drinks; yet when I paid for my son to have a milkshake (with tax it) cost nearly £7. The fact is if there is no lounge then dont advertise it with the booking then there will be no issue. I paid extra for the covenience and the playing dumb like they dont know what I am talking about is very frustrating as I showed them the booking which clearly stated it.

Accomodation was nice, bed was comfy and the hotel is a an old fashioned style 5 star which adds great character. The pool was a great size. It is around the corner from 2 shopping malls so you can save money eating out with short 10 minutes walks. The Hard Rock Cafe is very reasonably price for this brand and the food along with serivce was great. If wanting to stay 5*, in a good location then I would recommend this hotel.

Good Place

Food from one of the restaurants caused me and my family food poisoning - I believe it was spice junction

The Staff were really nice, the help desk were very helpful and the room and facilities were high quality

Stay was comfortable as expected from Taj group..... more attention needs to be given to Food

I was staying in room 240 and the bed was hard.....hard..... We had Buffet Dinner......the choice of menu was Not ok and also the Quality of food.....Liked the Mutton Curry and Chicken shorba soup.........The dinner was very Average.....Taj could do better.....It may be because of Occupancy......

The Buffet Breakfast was standard.....Ok....Nothing extra ordinary......

In general nothing to make comment.

Need to pay extra for Breakfast.

The service provided by the staff is excellent. Specially I like to thank Ms. Aditi, Ms. Dawa and Mr. Ujjwal for the service as well as guidance provided to me during my stay in Hyderabad.

The front desk staff are very helpful & friendly.

Buffet Breakfast because I feel service at that part is not up-to the level, although I can understand you cannot make everyone happy but people should have responded the request rather then ignoring the same as I was looking for Poha and I have asked if its possible to prepare but they just ignored, this is quite surprising as I did not expect this kind of service with the brand like TAJ and keeping in mind your other department colleague are very professional, helpful and warm.

The front desk staff are very helpful & friendly. Smooth check in completed by Mr Ujjwal. Great experience ,enjoyed my stay. A big thank you to Ujjwal & Dawa from the front office for making my stay comfortable and memorable. Thank you once again!

Average place with few very good staff members

Room was smelling and having mosquitoes.

Mr Santu in Spice Junction and Ms Pooja at the reception were very supportive and deal with visitors with grace and warmth. Appreciable support from staff.

Nice location and interiors, rooms could be better for this price.
    • Superior Twin Room

The rooms are too simplistic for this price also the front of the hotel is quite old and shady which can be renovated.

The hotel is nice and the interiors

The service was excellent.
    • Superior Twin Room

The amenities are very old . The facities very very limited . No sitting in the lobby.

The service was excellent. The breakfast buffet was lovely . The staff went out of the way to give as breakfast everyday at 6.30

This Taj was great value for money!
    • Residency Twin Room

The lobby was relatively small with limited seating. There was power failure a number of times.

The hospitality extended by Chef Shrinivasa, G was much appreciated. He personally attended and chatted with the guests during breakfast, making sure they were happy with the fare provided. A true face of Taj hospitality!

ambience

We were woken up at 3am in the night with water from the A/C flooding into the room .Not a nice way to begin our stay. The manager was a woman who had no courtesy to apologise or even make it up to us for this discomfort.

ambience

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

classy hotel with reasonable price (in off-season)
    • Superior Twin Room

hotel itself is within an isolated road - not easy to catch a cab; and hotel ordered cabs are expensive.

Very elegant building complex, friendly staff, clean room

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

ok , may not stay again even at this price

Overall room had a smell all the time -can improve on same.Should remove the carpet from the lobbies owing to the foul smell

There was no disturbance in the hotel

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Good Hospitality

Maybe refreshing up the deco and the overall look of the rooms will be of a good added value

Very nice Hotel, very friendly staff. We have spent a very pleasant 3 nights stay in that Hotel.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Good place to stay but not for food
    • Superior Twin Room

Gala dinner is awfully bad and service is even worse w.r.t the money they charged. At Rs 1700/- they serve Rs 500/- worth of value. If you are not from Hyderabad, believe me that there are much better option then this. And if you have a chioce of stay between Taj banjara & Taj Deccan, I suggest you choose Taj Banjara. Food & service are much better

Excellent Hotel for a fair price.

Bathroom was good however we had an older traveller and having the shower in the bathtub was a little dangerous

Breakfast and staff were excellent. Room was good to excellent. Room service and daily cleaning was excellent. Providing 4 bottles of water daily for free was the cherry on top.

A stylish place in which I would stay again

---

I loved my room in its old world charme as well as the views from it towards the garden, pool and the city. The layout of the lobby and the views towards it from above is stylish and beautiful. Breakfast was marvellous with also many healthy items to choose from and staff was perfect: attentive, kind, cooperative.

A Good Choice
    • Residency Double Room

Be warned! If you don't ask for a quiet room, you will be placed in a hallway room, where loud music will be easily heard from your bed. They played until 11pm. I read previous reviews, so I knew, before I checked in.

The reception and housekeeping staff were outstanding. The room was attractive and large. They had both firm and soft pillows, on the bed. Wifi was excellent. Breakfast was scrumptious.

Friendly, helpful staff, great location, comfort, cleanliness, non-opulent, great value for money!
    • Residency Double Room

The included breakfast was absolutely fabulous, but the the service was slightly delayed as the number of staff was slightly less than optimal.

Friendly and helpful staff and excellent location.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Excellent Hospitality, Guest Services

I stayed there for a night and I reached very late. The registration process was so simple and did not take more than 5 minutes. Room size was quite bigger and the bed was comfortable. Breakfast was excellent. Staff was so friendly and excellent customer service. Even before i reached the hotel, they had checked with me for my preference of food, room, bed etc. One of their staff in the Airport assisted me to get the taxi and was so helpful in the Airport. I would definitely stay again with Taj Deccan again when i visit Hyderabad !!!

Good to stay

Internet available but not that good. Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't works, and slow

Hotel is good, staff were good, furniture is good, security is good, restaurant is good and has multi-choices. Bathroom is clean and has water for cleaning (shattaf) I really recommend it for others specially Arabs

Browse Taj Deccan traveller photo gallery