Reviews of Taj Krishna 5 stars

Road no.1 Banjara Hills, Banjara Hills, 500034 Hyderabad, India

#24 of 225 hotels in Hyderabad

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

always good but careful on assigning tooms
    • Deluxe Double Room with City View

they gave me a noisy room ...in addition on the 4th floor where on the fifth they have renovation . last day they painted fifth floor and pto fouraont smell came down to fourth floor through air condition aeration system smell unbearable!!

most of it

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

Excellent!
    • Taj Club Room with City View

Soome room service slip ups on the first day. They more than made it up agter the initial complaint.

Generous breakfast spread. Very attentive & responsive service.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Will think hard about EVER staying in a Taj hotel again!
    • Luxury Twin Room with City View

The check-in was rushed and we were separated against our will from our handluggage (which included our passports etc) and rushed up to our room unnecessarily rather than being able to wait for them coming out of the security scanner; the checki-in receptionist was far too pushy wanting to take my credit card for a pre-authorisation out of my sight (which could have been completed in my presence (as desired) at the reception desk); it was nauseating that many of the staff (as in other Taj properties too) were constantly hankering for tips for absolutely everything and one of the hotel chauffeurs we booked, ignored where we wanted to go and instead took us to a jewellery shop where we were effectively obliged to buy something to get out and then taken on a random tour (and as a result not having the time to see the Salar Jung Museum and Golconda Fort etc we had gone to Hyderabad to see) to try and run up a fare... Needless to say, I will think hard about EVER staying in a Taj hotel again as the hankering for tips for absolutely everything seems to be an undesirable feature of all the ones I have stayed in despite being nice hotel buildings and facilities per se.... Oberoi group and its service are much to be preferred

The hotel building and facilities were very nice and the Indian restaurant, the bar and bar staff and breakfast room staff and range of things on offer for breakfast very good

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Just OK
    • Luxury Double Room with City View

Property needs a major facelift. Very old carpet and upholstery. Common area washrooms were not very clean and well maintained

Just the all day dining and the Chinese restaurant. Staff were pleasant and helpful.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

7 🌟 service
    • Deluxe Double Room with City View

Excellent customer oriented staff. Will mention specially Mr.Nandu room service, Shruti Sarkar reception,hetal reception n Mr Dheeraj from banuet. Enjoyed my stay.... will recommend n definitely visit again. Kudos to management n humble staff.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

The hotel was clean.
    • Luxury Double Room with City View

There was construction going on in the morning and me and my wife woke up because of the noise and couldn't go to sleep. We were at Taj krishna for our honeymoon. So I was very disappointed.

The hotel was clean.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

I always like taj .
    • Deluxe Double Room with City View

Room need to be little upgrade next time when I will be there so I wish ,elegance,regal and futuristic room and every thing is very good with this property, I always prefer taj for dining or as stay depends. I never use my membership I don’t know how to previous this I come from taj Yeshwantpur.taj should keep on head And HEAD should should held up no other place for taj in any othe place .i hope you understand And just change the pics in online sites they seem to be very old.

Hitesh is very good with his courteous and ability to know. And the person that I can’t stop to praise is CHEF MOHIT MISHRA HE took every thing and every aspects of the my food knowing like and dislike of.

Terrible experience
    • Taj Club Room with City View

First started with that the button for toilet watter splashing was not working... I fix it by myself it was easier to do by myself... And that problem was trying unsuccesfuly to be solved many times before my arrival. They tried to fix it with silver tape and some iron sticks before..... From 2 buttons was working only one..... The bath in the bathroom was way to low. The cards for the elevator and for the entrance door in room, spread out every 24hours, so you have to go to the reception every day to change the key cards. They are renovating 2 floors of the hotel, so there was terrible noise from 9am to 19h. Impossible to rest , sleep or work. (we solve that with hotel, with the disscount). When we ordered a bottle of wine, waiter came and he was trying to sell us a opened before and not full bottle of wine... ???? Later we found out, that he simply did not want to go to the another bar in the hotel to bring full one. At the end we order an early breakfast (breakfast is like 21eur). We get 1 small sandwich and juice that was filled in a bottle in which was before watter. Here I do not have to state that the bottle was not sealed. Overall I do not reccomend this hotel to anyone, specialy not for that price!!!

We checkedout at 3 am , they packed our breakfast and sent...
    • Luxury Twin Room with City View

While checking in it took time, I had to wait for 30 mins.as i booked through bookings.com , there was some system error and hotel couldn’t see my booking.

We checkedout at 3 am , they packed our breakfast and sent to our room at 2:45 am and made sure we dont remain hungry during our trip back home

Overrated place
    • Taj Club Room with City View

Room service was terrible. Mini bar was bot refilled.was not informed about the construction and renovation work going on in the hotel and swimming pool unavailability.

The location was great. Adequate parking space.

new pool is awesome
    • Luxury Double Room with City View

the jacuzzi at the pool side were not operational (salted water, warm water , cold water)

new pool is awesome garden super this is more a palace than a hotel been there since it was the Krishna Oberoi ! always a luxury stay

You will want to keep coming back
    • Luxury Double Room with City View

Spa didn't have couples room

The Nawabs of customer service. The staff are throughout professionals and obviously very good at their job. Made us feel extremely welcome. Loved the forest essentials products in the washroom

India Holiday
    • Luxury Double Room with City View

That we couldn't stay longer.

Lovely hotel with really great facilities. Our room was very comfortable. The staff really do make you feel very welcome.

We came back a second time in a matter of months... need I say more.
    • Luxury Double Room with City View

Actually nothing....oh yes... you dint give me a cake on my birthday....

It felt like home but only a 5 star home.... comfortably pampered and beautiful

Ok as last option
    • Luxury Double Room with City View

The building is very very old, may be built in 1960s. Common areas used by all guests are maintained well. But rooms are not maintained at all. Bathrooms desperately need upgrade. Bathtub was tiny. It was difficult to take shower without water spraying outside the tub. Shower tap/spray is fixed into the wall, one need to turn to wash and it was difficult turn around without touching the bath curtain/wall. Biggest negative, there were separate taps for hot water and cold water. Hot water was very hot (appox 50C). One need to master the technique of mixing cold and hot waters at right amounts by opening tap valves at right levels. One need to do this fine adjustment every time, at sink and in the shower. Remember to carry enough 50INR with you to tip staff. Staff servicing the room, one carrying luggage to your room and most importantly staff at the entrance of the hotel. Rule is if someone is too nice to you, you need to tip them.

Room size was reasonably big. Buffet breakfast spread was big and tasty. There was small open green area right next to restaurant Encounters. Kids can play easy games/sports early in the morning or evenings (Day time is too hot). We played skipping, foot ball (Soft cushy ball) and Police/Theif games. It helped in de-stressing kids. Travel desk was very good and manged to book Innova car easily. Gym is relatively ok for normal workout. Shower room in the gym was better than compared to shower in the room (A bit ironic).

enjoyed food and service but suffered due to noise !
    • Luxury Double Room with City View

Main problem is noise. In all three nights that we stayed there , there were very noisy events in the evenings in open areas of Hotel. They were noisy till 11 PM or even beyond. Hotel rooms have no sound proof windows so we had to suffer. Hotel reception was not able to give information on these events so that we could have changed the room or even Hotel.

Room service and breakfast was very good. Outside of hotel campus is good.

• Taj Club Room with City View

Loved the Club Lounge and the wonderful attentive staff there. They quickly got to know what your likes and dislikes were and provided a perfect service. They made my husband's birthday very special. Especially the lovely Sudip who went above and beyond to make our stay very special. Thank you.

For the amount of money spent from the front desk to their...
    • Luxury Twin Room with City View

For the amount of money spent from the front desk to their business center needs a lot of improvement. on the whole in one word the place looks ancient and needs a lot of up grade and training for staff. It must be a 3 star hotel.

Excellent hotel
    • Luxury Twin Room with City View

I asked for double queen bed for two persons and i get one king bed , noise staff early morning you can here thier voice infrint of your room.

Comfortable place , friendly staff and delicious food

Taj Krishna has beautiful grounds, wonderful staff and the ideal location
    • Luxury Double Room with City View

Kenneth (always cheerful, generous, helpful) and Neha (I think that was her name...she worked on the front desk and went out of her way to be friendly and helpful)

Enjoyable & Comfortable
    • Deluxe Double Room with City View

The pillows were too soft & bed too springy

The breakfast was well spread out with fresh Dosa's & omelette's-on the whole a Hearty Meal!!!The preparations at The Chinese Restaurant were excellent!!

A really good three days in Hyderabad with a central location to see the historical sights
    • Luxury Twin Room with City View

We were there for the New Year and the New Year eve party was a bit of a let down. However, management were quick to take feedback on board and provided compensatory solutions which reflected on the expected Taj hospitality.

Overall the hotel provided the normal Taj ambience and the staff were extremely courteous and pleasant. The hotel's location was a plus and also had good pool and other facilities. The breakfast offered good choice

Good value for money, clean but relatively old property
    • Luxury Double Room with City View

Hotel requires some modernization to the rooms, especially new mattresses and showers.

Guest relations, security, and room service were extremely professional and helpful.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Not good at all!
    • Luxury Twin Room with City View

There was a lot of dust in the room, Glasses. No iron.. it was on circulation. Its a 5 star property, the wing that was given to me was not even 3 star.

Luxury hotel in Hyderabad
    • Taj Club Room with City View

Breakfast in club room was a bit disorganised. Food needed to be made “downstairs “ so was slow in coming and it wasn’t clear what choices were. We ended up eating breakfast downstairs in lobby restaurant.

Club room and extra facilities (cocktails and nibbles) were great. Plus it allowed us a very early check in. Praveen Raj, team leader 8inclub room was very attentive.

A decent enough hotel at an excellent location
    • Luxury Double Room with City View

The 60s building with a 1900s interior,the two just do not work. The artwork in corridors and rooms: in each corridor its the same uninspiring touched up print repeated adnauseum while every room both the regular ones and the club rooms have a similar 'painting' repeated 4 times.

The food, the spaciousness of the whole complex

very good but expesive
    • Taj Club Room with City View

sometimes, unnecessarily calls from reception tell about hotel activity. also in bathroom there is no water hose for toilet. in the room condition, there was a free bottle of wine. they don't bring.

easy check in, wide room, comfort bed and its facilities

Poor for a 5star hotel
    • Luxury Double Room with City View

Table lamp bulb fused.Empty facial tissues box.Had to make two calls to get it replaced.And the guy who did it didn't know how to refill the box.Worst of all is the aircon.Worst in the world I've come across and I travel the world.It was fixed at 24degrees and no option to change temp!Strange!! Engineer came up in the night and said all rooms are centrally controlled with temp set at 24C.Would never go back there again.

Bed was good and room good size

I am a member of the Inner Circle and when asked your staff...
    • Luxury Double Room with City View

I am a member of the Inner Circle and when asked your staff for discount on our in-dinning the staff at the front office did not seem to be knowledgeable and kept on looking at each other ...no discount!

Luxurious Experience in Hyderabad
    • Luxury Double Room with City View

Amazing luxurious with huge fantastic elegant gardens. Dinner choices in open buffet are wide and excellent in both vegetarian and non-veg. Cheerful staff and they are very helpful always and trying to impress and delight customers.

Worst TAJ Property
    • Luxury Double Room with City View

Everything was a DISASTER. Badly managed property. Staff gave me keys tp a dirty room that had hangers in the bed, dirty wine glasses, finished wune bottle left in the room, the bed wasn't made ut had dirty linen, the bathrooms toilet seat was broken. It is the worst Taj property in the world and needs to be SHUT DOWN! Staff is clueless and passing the buck. Please don't stay here. It is ruining your trip if you do.

Nothing at all. It was one of the most nis- managed property, totally chaotic staff doesn't know anything, they usher you in unmade rooms. I always prefer Taj over other properties, but this prioperty and the bad service has made me change my mind. Please do not stay At this property. The rooms are below par, dirty, not modern and should be immediately closed for revamp. Horrible banging sound going on throughout the floor since 6 am. The worst Taj Property in the world maybe. Please look into this disaster guys. Never ever stay in this hotel you will be disappointed beyond words. The Taj management I am sure knows about this tragedy called Taj Krishna but they aren't doing anything about it. HORRIBLE!

5.5
    Training Desired. Property does not buy you class.
    • Luxury Twin Room with City View

Room cleaning Staff stands like beggars after they complete their cleaning activities hoping for Tips. One went to the extent of saying that he has an off the next day. Secondly, on check in i was told they will extend the check out time to 4pm and then the Duty Manager refused to accept what was committed. in the end she had to but left a sad experience.

Breakfast was being packed for few people who were running late for there flight and had to leave quickly for the airport. i think that was very thoughtful of the team.

Stayed at the Taj Krishna n truely xperienced it's... TAJNESS!
    • Luxury Double Room with City View

Here I would be nitpicking but I was lil upset tht there were no health faucets.... we are Indians you know n even the westerners admit toilet paper is not the way to hygiene.... maybe you cud rethink this n add it to the bathrooms.... I plan to be there in three months so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Service wth warmth and a smile.... made us feel like home away from home... pampered. When ms Shruti at front desk came to know it was our anniversary she sent us a cake n tht made it xtra special.... special mention of mr pranab at encounters...so warm n gracious... xcellent mr pranab.. keep it up. Overall.... Taj... lived up to its TAJNESS.

The toilet wasn't working when we reached!
    • Luxury Twin Room with City View

The toilet wasn't working when we reached! Had to call room service to have it fixed. Extremely disappointing! You don't expect this from taj! We were unable to reach in room dining from our room intercom. When we finally managed they took 50 minutes to send the order and with only one plate when I had requested for two since we were 2 people eating dinner. It took them another 20 minutes to get us extra plates and cutlery and the food by that time was ice cold and I had no patience to have it heated since it was impossible to reach the in room dining on phone!! Overall a very poor experience! Wouldn't go back!!

Nice, but could be better
    • Luxury Double Room with City View

The rooms were not as luxurious as I hoped for. Had to change rooms because my first bed gave me insect bites. And they didn't upgrade me after the complaint, which is below average customer response. Breakfast was also average.

The bed was very comfy, and the pool is amazing.

lovely staff in a lovely setting
    • Luxury Double Room with City View

The staff were phenomenal. From making the check in really easy to seeing that our kids had soft toys upon walking into the room. Also, everyone was attentive but not overbearingly so.

Fantastic hotel

No negative comments

I cannot fault the Taj. I was made to feel at home and the incredible staff made this a wonderful stay. The hotel is beautiful and I would love to return one day. I only had the opportunity to eat at the Golden Dragon but the food and atmosphere were divine. If I return I'll be certain to visit the other restaraunts on site. It's the little touches that really make the Taj Krishna stand out from other hotels I've stayed in and I must mention again that the staff are second to none!

Some shortcomings, but made up for by superb Staff! The Taj is the Taj.
    • Deluxe Suite with Lake View

Room (and overall hotel upkeep) maintenance needs looking into. Paint is wearing off. Fixtures are aging. Upholstery (sofas) in need of replacement. Corridor carpets are fraying a bit (but clean). Food and beverages are priced slightly on the higher side (for a city like Hyderabad, I'd say 25%-30% lower would be justifiable for a property of this vintage). Room air-conditioning is a challenge. Because of the ambient heat perhaps, never managed to get the temperature in the room(s) below 23 degrees Celsius during the day. Still, enjoyable despite the little flaws.

The staff, especially at restaurant (Encounters) were outstanding. Perhaps the friendliest, most attentive people we have interacted with (across the world). This is by far, the best example of brilliant training. They remember tiny details. They are especially great with children. That's what makes it the Taj! Room (deluxe luxury suite) was large. Location wise very convenient. Food quality was very good. Extra (lots of bottles) mineral water was always provided at no cost. In Room Dining Service was very good- well presented, and special requests - Baby's meal - done brilliantly and was complimentary (no charge). I would come back just for the beautiful experience!

Bed was very comfortable
    • Luxury Double Room with City View

A lot of additional tax charges per day Hotel shuttle service severely overpriced - more than 5 times the public taxi cost

Bed was very comfortable Staff were very helpful Good security

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Affordable Luxury!
    • Taj Club Room with City View

Rooms need refurbishing as they appear dated particularly the bathroom.

Staff like those in the club lounge and Sudipto, the manager of Firdaus who remembered us from our last visit! Praveen of the club lounge was the epitome of hospitality!

The Taj hospitality as usual across all their properties.
    • Luxury Twin Room with City View

The room facing the main road was very noisy almost throughout the night. They need to seriously work on proper soundproofing of these rooms.

The Taj hospitality as usual across all their properties.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Highly recommended
    • Luxury Double Room with City View

Wi-Fi sometimes had some issues; Had to replace the magnetic card keys a couple of times as they didn't work.

Staff was excellent, facilities were great; by far the most helpful staff I have ever seen.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Nice location. Close to lot of entertainment options.
    • Luxury Double Room with City View

Reception team. I had called and requested a Indian traditional welcome for my European friend upon arrival. I had called twice and got the confirmation saying that this was a routine. But, didn't even say at least traditional greeting 'Namaste'.

Has a nice shower in the room and pool/ garden view bar.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

NOT A "TAJ" EXPERIENCE
    • Luxury Twin Room with City View

Food quality and service attitude not found opposite to TAJ culture. Delayed delivery of food during breakfast and dinner. Response by the serving steward, " we are overbusy". Rotten fruits served in the room consecutively for two days during my stay. This indicates that no body is checking quality of food items served to the room guests. No body bothers about noise and air pollution created by repeated parking efforts of bus drivers, at the entrance door. Could not find a hospitable culture which signifies TAJ culture.

Bathroom amenities

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

Nice hotel for couples
    • Taj Club Room with City View

The bathroom is not the best, they have tried to squeeze a full bathroom in such a tiny space. The breakfast experience wasn't that great, we sat outside under a sheltered area, there was dust falling from up above. The staff were not that accommodating at breakfast and did not complete our order, otherwise the food that we did have was nice....

Swimming pool is great (not heated) but Jacuzzi spa is heated and the staff and the staff that look after it were very accommodating. We are a family of 5, it was our fault for trying to squeeze the children in a room for two and the staff were very accommodating. We had a room with the butler service and the butler service was good as well. The room decor was art deco and suited this hotel, i liked it personally. All front desk staff had a great attitude.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

Hotel staff provided us the best service, always smiling and...
    • Luxury Twin Room with City View

Firdous restaurant was not very accommodating,

Hotel staff provided us the best service, always smiling and welcoming they went out of their way to make sure, we were comfortable.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

Location only as near to my destination of work;
    • Luxury Double Room with City View

Had some AC exhaust switched on at 6 am on the roof top roaring loud becoz of which my sleep got shattered; room layout not upto the mark of a Taj property

Location only as near to my destination of work; staff quite cordial

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

Beautiful hotel with a bad shower
    • Luxury Double Room with City View

The shower was bad! Hot water not consistent turning freezing at random points. Ended up taking a bath to avoid getting burned / frozen. Also the staff are a little too helpful. Not in bad way, just a little annoying.

This place is posh. The lobby is amazing and the rooms look good and have a nice view (I took "city view"). The breakfast was good and the restaurant is very pleasant.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

"The Taj Krishna Hotel - right place to stay when in Hyderabad"
    • Luxury Double Room with City View

The mini bar items in the room is too expensive and must add a welcoming complementary traditional drink to attract people to stay.

Fantastic location. Pleasant hotel in the heart of the city Hyderabad, well positioned and a short walk away from GVK mall & City Center. Very heart warming service & the staff unfailingly are always friendly welling to help. comfortable room and a great view from the room as well. "I did enjoy my stay in the hotel very much & would recommend it to my friends".

Great location, brilliant staff and service, tacky decor.
    • Luxury Twin Room with City View

The rooms and hotel in general could do with an uplift. The bathrooms are dated and basic. The rooms are also quite basic. Lighting in the room could be better especially as you can't see what's in the wardrobe or safe.

The room was a good size, and the bed very comfy. The staff were brilliant, and responded really quickly even if you call at all odd hours. The location is also very convenient especially in a city with awful traffic.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Worth every penny

Can't think of anything

The hotel is a stately home with exceptional hallways and marble flooring. Very friendly staff especially Mr. Kenneth from encounters

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

Taj Palace of Fungus
    • Luxury Twin Room with City View

i am still badly sick because of the visible fungus all over the hotel !!! as well as the rooms are full of bed bags, insects. and it was confirm by the hotel Management that they are aware of it !!!

nothing at allllllllll

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Not good not too bad
    • Luxury Twin Room with City View

Rooms r small...bathrooms are too clumsy..there was no TAJ feeling (grandness)only entrance was grand

Mattress was comfy.. staff was co-operative..breakfast was too good..

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

Good property great ambience
    • Luxury Double Room with City View

We had booked the rooms with the breakfast we have been asked to pay extra for the same, the advt is not clear , it's misleading

Good property great ambience

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

The property was clean and well maintained.
    • DeluxeTwin room with City View

The property was clean and well maintained. The staffs were really helpful. Th food was really good.

Muy recomendable
    • Taj Club Room with City View

The nice treatment that all personnel give to me.

Good experience
    • DeluxeTwin room with City View

WC was not working & required lot of water for flush

Location & food serve

Location is good
    • Deluxe Double Room with City View

the rooms and washroom were dirty. There were cockroaches in the room.

Location is good

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Staff were so friendly

Staff were so friendly

Easy checkin and helpful staff
    • Luxury Double Room with City View

Lot of dust on the glasses

Courteous and helpful personnel .

Didn't have energy to move to another hotel. Exorbitant prices, lousy rooms, Badly needs renovation.
    • Luxury Double Room with City View

Room ambience, quality, etc.

The food was good.

Baby food
    • Luxury Double Room with City View

Room could have been at a higher floor

Baby food

Noise

Noise

Food and staff

Nothing much

Food and staff

Execellent Staff and Service.
    • Taj Club Room with City View

Execellent Staff and Service.

Staff could recognize me and greet with hospitality even I came after few years
    • Luxury Double Room with City View

Location and staff are fantastic

The hospitality.
    • Luxury Double Room with City View

The rates seems to be rising every other time.

The hospitality.

The toilete lock me insde and i get stuck inside the toilete...
    • Taj Club Room with City View

The toilete lock me insde and i get stuck inside the toilete for more than 30mint

Good hotel for a short stay
    • Luxury Double Room with City View

Could use some more warmth and courteousness

The layout and decor

Location, service and buffet breakfast
    • Luxury Double Room with City View

Dated and bit smelly rooms plus escalators were not working for sometime during my stay.

Location, service and buffet breakfast

Food was excellent

Bathrooms

Food was excellent

Mymindandmybodywastooupsettostayyourhotel

Unrespectedstaff

Better treatment necessary during check in
    • Luxury Twin Room with City View

I had a long journey during my check in and very poor reception response and made me to wait for more than an hour. Very poor

The bed good comfy