Reviews of Taj Lands End 5 stars

Bandstand, Bandra West, Maharashtra, Bandra, 400050 Mumbai, India

#11 of 383 hotels in Mumbai

• Deluxe Twin Room

This was so far the best stay experience I've ever had. The hotel was located by the ocean, so we could enjoy the sea view. We also got a complimentary room upgrade. The room was spacious and cozy, the bathroom was very clean with high-end amenities. They had the softest and the most comfortable mattress. I had one of the best sleeps I've ever had in my life. Breakfast was really great - bread, salad, cheese, everything was great. I received a small gift after 3 nights of stay, a small bracelet. I really enjoyed the stay here and really look forward to going there again. Super great!

• Deluxe Twin Room

The interiors look out-dated and tired. Very 80s looking. For the price you pay, one would have expected better. Breakfast is not complimentary and not worth the price you pay. The breakfast area is too crowded with the local crowd. It is very noisy too. The hotel should reserve a separate breakfast area for in-house guests. The choice and the quality of the breakfast was not up to the mark. For example tea/coffee were lukewarm and not piping hot. The choice of cheese could have been better and so also the vegetarian items. The staff although polite and courteous were not able to micro-manage and give you a personalised touch of service (perhaps by the sheer size of the hotel). One can easily feel a bit lost in the crowd. The kitchen staff had agreed to deliver the cake at 9 pm. The reception staff said it would arrive at the reception desk. When I went to the reception desk I was told it had been delivered and placed inside my room. I went to my room only to find that there was no cake. I then called the kitchen and requested them to deliver it to the banquet hall - Garden View where by nephew's birthday party was going on. But the kitchen staff said they had no idea of any birthday party going on and that they would deliver it to my room itself. I had to wait for more than 10 mins before the cake arrived which I had to then carry downstairs to the banquet hall. It was astonishing that the staff did not know what party was going on, on their own premises ! Disappointed by this incident. In the reception area, a lot of locals just seem to hang around making the hotel less private.

The check-in traditional welcome by the reception staff was fantastic. They garlanded me, gave me a complimentary drink and applied tikka on my forehead. They gave me a free upgrade to a deluxe room with fantastic views of the Arabian Sea. The staff (Rochelle looked after my check-in formalities) were polite and courteous in general and also arranged for a small complimentary cake for my sister's surprise cake-cutting. The cash machine was on-site which was a bonus. The machine charged me a small fee, perhaps as it was an international debit card. One of the staff members kindly extended my check out time by one and a half hours and arranged for an airport cab which was both very kind and helpful.

• Grand Luxury Double Room with Sea View

The staff are ever so polite and Taj group is one of favourites. The checking in to checking out the experience is impeccable. Will only return to Taj. Rajendra was absolutely lovely cleaning my room. I would like to extend my gratitude towards him.

• Deluxe Double Room

The hotel has a policy for not allowing the auto rickshaws into the hotel. I found that stupid considering the entire city of Mumbai uses this mode of transport. Moreover, it is not easy to find a cab in Mumbai when you need it most, and rickshaws are available almost everywhere. I had an old mother with me, and we found it very inconvenient to walk up to the hotel every time we took a rickshaw. They should seriously reconsider this. When i have spoke to the hotel staff about this, and asked for a reasonable and logical explanation on why you don't allow this, they were clueless and could not explain why they didn't allow them.

Very friendly staff. Good breakfast and comfortable beds.

• Luxury Double Room

Nothing, everything is perfect!

One of the best properties in India, attention to detail is just perfect. I’ll rate it 10/10. If you are in mumbai you have to stay here. I literally felt pampered.

• Luxury Twin Room

Everything is about money. The cashier insisted that I come to her immediately for payment as if I was running away.

Overall the staff was courteous and helpful. But food at the restarants are not worth the money they charge.

• Deluxe Double Room

Like much of Mumbai the rich and poor live in very close proximity. Be aware that this is true here too. Just outside of the property there are shacks lining the beaches that are people's homes. People wash clothes and bathe in the sea. It seemed strange to an outsider to see so much wealth and poverty in such close proximity. That said, everyone was friendly and the area was safe, fun and active until late into the early morning...

This hotel is all about the location. It is close to the waterfront and just across the bridge from the city center. There is a great party at the bar on Friday and Saturday night (It seems like half the city dresses up to come out). The other half of the city is out in the street and along the beach partying or just hanging out at night. It is a very busy area. I walked for hours and had no problems. Everyone was great. The hotel served some of the best Indian food I have had anywhere. I look forward to going back again soon.

• Deluxe Double Room

They do not tell you that there are a lot of business and corporate guests in the hotel. Loads of people with laptops and briefcases at breakfast, we had to wait a long time for tea/coffee because these guests were being served first. Try to get to breakfast from 8-9 am to miss the corporate types. Also a bit disappointed by the slow service in the Indian restaurant Masala bay, because there was a business dinner with more than 20 guests taking up all the attention of the waiting on staff. Our main courses took more than half an hour to come. Being on holiday, we were chilled and relaxed, and had pappadoms and wine until our food arrived. We did not complain, but the restaurant manager was very apologetic. Having said that, the food was excellent. Service speedier at the Taj Mahal Hotel, Gateway of India.

Well appointed rooms, higher floors have spectacular views of the Arabian Sea and the sea-link. Staff go out of their way to please. Excellent choice of Chinese, Indian, Japanese food and tapas. The Atrium bar is atmospheric with a ceiling height of 3 stories, with a good choice of non-alcoholic and alcoholic drinks and snacks.

• Deluxe Double Room

Lovely place to stay , staff were so warm and welcome plus the view from the room was amazing, housekeeping too did a brilliant job there was nothing short off in the room.

• Deluxe Double Room

Surprisingly each time I keep coming back there is no acknowledgement that I am return guest

The view from my room was priceless. Staff very courteous this is my 11th time that I am staying at this property.

• Deluxe Double Room

The room service menu wasn't available in the room, I had to ask for it! I had requested for an iPhone charging cable (lightning cable) - the hotel couldn't provide me one in the room but I was told a 24-hour charging station was available in the business centre. Haven't really known a Taj group hotel decline a customer request before!

• Grand Luxury Double Room with Sea View

Hmmm actually with such good time we had it’s wrong to comment or crib for no reason on something , I would say everything was perfect .

Over all a very good experience we had the comfort , welcome , politeness in the staff , food everything was beyond our expectations .

• Deluxe Double Room

The facilities of the hotel, there isn’t much to do inside the hotel.for example, the coffee shop is in the lobby 🤷🏽‍♀️

The service. They upgraded us and well really took care of us. But wow, really they ensured that our stay was exceptional, Just with service.

• Deluxe Double Room

Couldn't get aircon quite right but that may have been me.

Staff were extremely attentive. Had a lovely sea-view room. Breakfast had excellent choice and local dishes were really very good. Used the gym which was well equipped and clean.

• Luxury Twin Room

"Soft boiled eggs " and "Half-boiled eggs" -- both these were served "hard boiled" My colleague advised me to order -- "2 mins cooked eggs " if wish to get proper half - boiled eggs. It is a matter of expression of understanding between 2 parties

"Thosai with cheese " was prepared just nice --enjoyed this tremendously for breakfast

• Grand Luxury Double Room with Sea View

Length of time waiting for lifts. Staff not enforcing non smoking rule on non smoking floors. Could smell smoke coming from rooms on non smoking floor.

Staff were lovely

• Grand Luxury Double Room with Sea View

What's not to like. Everything was SUPERB.

The welcome on our arrival was exceptionally good. The staff are extremely obliging. A call to housekeeping/guest services was responded to in double quick time. I have stayed in many European 5 star hotels but none can match the service and superlative standards of the Taj Lands End.

• Grand Luxury Double Room with Sea View

Unfortunately same breakfast every day; after 2 days; you would not want to eat there again

the dosa is excellent; but front desk staff is sometimes rude

• Grand Luxury Double Room with Sea View

Had ordered for some plates in my room and had to remind them 3 times before personally walking to the reception to have the same.

One of the best hotels in Mumbai. It is truly a resort within the city. They upgraded me to a Club room and the views of the Arabian Sea were awesome. Also you could spend hours in the Lounge viewing the sea line. My room had views of the Worli Sea Link. The room was quite spacious and bed was extremely comfy.

• Grand Luxury Double Room with Sea View

Valet services can be improved. Twice I had to request the valet service to take charge of my car. Guess they feel that only people with luxury cars can afford to stay in the hotel.

Service was nice. It was my anniversary and they had kept baloons, a cake and a flower bouquet in the room. Very thoughtful..

• Grand Luxury Double Room with Sea View

The room was very comfortable and clean, with an amazing view of the sea. Staff was really nice and polite. The best things were the shower, the bathtub and breakfast! Amazing!

You tell me

The Taj hospitality was amazing >the upgrade unexpected.......ambiance unsurpassed......Its a experience which was experienced to be believed.You make us feel Royal and touch is so personal that memories are forever.

Long wait for the lifts, especially during busy times.

The hotel was spotless, staff very friendly (they couldn't do enough!), breakfast had a very wide choice, restaurant food was excellent (although a bit pricey by Indian standards, but it was a 5* hotel), alcoholic drinks were expensive once you add the taxes.

• Grand Luxury Double Room with Sea View

The booking.com reservations system with the hotel needs to be fixed, they said it was an issue on booking.com's side.

There was an error with retrieving the booking from booking.com, so check-in was longer than normal. However, the front desk staff were very quick to find a solution to the problem, and upgraded us to a better room. Definitely ask for a room with a view of the sea lane.

• Deluxe Double Room

I was given the room at 3:40 pm.Checkout time i informed 1:30 pm to which the reception was okay.In spite of this they called at 1:25 pm & said we are sending the guy to pick up the luggage which was very unprofessional & shrewd.There is a way you put up a sentence.eg : 'Sir are you ready to check out?' Or 'Sir we have other guests waiting for check-in as hotel is fully booked. I am shocked to receive such a checkout service.I am an innercircle member,Sorry for becoming one.You should see how politely Hilton staff behaves.

Everything else except the above.

• Luxury Twin Room

Nothing as such but the waiters in the Indian restaurant Masala Bay could have been more trained or courteous as they didn’t even bother to pour the water in the glasses till we told them.

I like the place as it was little busy throughout and the sea view from my room was very nice.

• Deluxe Double Room

I wonder if Taj can find a way to move away from one-off plastic water bottles, given the environmental impact.

Wonderful location, and beautiful ambience both inside and out. Service is always first class; staff appear not only immaculate and smart, but display polish in response to every need: often staff seem attuned to our needs before we even made requests. I love the views from the windows; on this last visit we faced East and saw a spectacular sunrise. The food options at the buffet for breakfast and dinner were both extensive and delicious, with particular attention to presentation. I also like how the hotel uses cloth bags instead of plastic bags, good for environment.

• Deluxe Double Room

The porter who took our bags to the room - waited to be tipped and was put out by a tip of 500inr. I’m not sure I understood why.

Bed was extremely comfortable. Staff could not have been more helpful. They were discreet, dignified and spoke beautifully constructed correct English “ May I assist you with your bag” “ May I replenish your glass” etc

• Deluxe Double Room

Didn't find tennis court. Could have an overbridge to the beach n a portion segmented for hotel guests. The cost is too much though.

The location, view, room size n decor, pool area, lobby, garden.

• Deluxe Double Room

Everything was delightful. We checked in at 130am in the middle of the night, however the process was smooth and quick. We were offered a complementary upgrade to a sea view room on the club floor which enhanced our experience further.

• Grand Luxury Double Room with Sea View

The swimming pool, surrounding garden area and bar were uninviting and looked very tired. Also nowhere in the hotel to have a drink and watch the amazing sunsets.

Room, location and staff very good. Breakfast also excellent but outdoor seating area not attractive

• Deluxe Double Room

There are two rooms for breakfast. The main room was very busy and we were advised to go to the second room. We was told that the food in the second room was very similar to the food in the main room and that there were just a few things missing. We later found that there was much more food items in the main room which we missed out on. I don’t think that breakfast should be charged at the same price as the difference in food is quite a lot.

The staff were very professional and helpful. The beds are massive and very comfortable and the shower was lovely!

• Grand Luxury Double Room with Sea View

Breakfast was good, however, I do think it was a bit lacking on the continental side

The rooms and the cleanliness was spectacular, great attention to detail when cleaning the rooms. Staff was super friendly. Loved the hotel will definitely stay there again. Well done Taj Lands End

• Deluxe Double Room

The manager was not very helpful and booking was done to a different room and later denied by hotel to avoid giving upgrade or refund as they were fully booked. They did not have good managers who could assist.

It was near ocean and view from room was good.

• Luxury Double Room

coffee shop overcrowded and a bit chaotic. general level of hubbub due to heavy use for business conferences.

location, room overlooking sea, comforts

• Luxury Double Room

Not being able to spend a few extra days.

Pampered and made us feel right at home. Excellent and very courteous staff. Very clean and well maintained facility Excellent dining experience.

• Deluxe Double Room

Staff wasn't very responsive in the restaurant. I had to repeatedly ask for water.

Fast and efficient check in. Room was spacious, clean and well maintained throughtout my stay. And they decorated the room with balloons, rose petals and birthday plush at their own initiative. Thank you! Wide spread for breakfast and 24/7 gym! 3 thumbs up for an exceptional stay :)

• Deluxe Double Room

Staff are exceptional, so willing to be helpful and always pleasant and respectful. A Taj driver met us at the airport as we'd arranged, immaculately dressed, and the vehicle was spacious, comfortable, with water, mints, newspapers, hand wipes all supplied. Our luggage for 3 persons was easily accommodated. From first arrival at the hotel itself, staff approached us to facilitate check-in and personally accompany us to room, supply a contact card if anything is required. Food options are very diverse , with a wide range of options, and very high quality. Personal service poolside was unexpected, staff supply 2 towels, find a free lounger, lay towel over the lounger and supply bottle of water. Felt very pampered.

• Taj Club Double Room

Breakfast should be better organised in terms of table allocation. Tables that are taken and ones that are free aren’t really clear and the staff seems also confused. Service is good but more staff is needed. Food is really great, only service at each table should be better and each staff should have their own area or tables assigned.

Service through out was excellent and from the concierge to the Atrium lounge as well as Club floor lounge, everyone was really caring.

Almost nothing.

Well, the staff did an amazing job in every aspect that we could possibly think of such as anniversary decoration, cake, free upgrade of room and beyond anything a very warm welcoming tea (Ginger honey mix).

• Deluxe Double Room

A little too busy due to some functions being held at the location.

Excellent service given by the staff. The location of the property is Mid-Town and ideal to access for the shopping district or Marina Bay.

The big price lol

It was really a great experience staying in this hotel. My mom and I were blown away by the service here. Wow! Thank you Taj lands end

• Deluxe Double Room

Ac in my room was not to the best of quality. But that was just 1 room.

I had my wedding here and Gaurav the chef director prepared the meal for us. A 3 page menu and spectacularly planned. It certainly exceeded my expectations!

• Deluxe Double Room

The price was a bit over the top,,bar was expensive as was the restaurant but food was great. order your taxi outside as hotel will leave you having to sell a kidney??? a bit noisy early morning when events are held outside can hear showers running next door

Friendly Staff,,clean,great service and facilities...

• Deluxe Double Room

The room was really outdated and quite ordinary for the reputed hotel it is. For the cost we pay, we expect a more modern room with modern amenities but it failed to meet my expectation. Buffet breakfast should have been included as the hotel was overpriced. Also Indian hotels should get away with the idea of pricing a room higher for double occupancy. 28% GST on tariff is definitely a bummer.

The lobby area was nice and staff were well groomed and excellent.

• Deluxe Double Room

F&B needs more focus. The breakfast buffet is a mess and chaotic. The hotel needs to deploy best of all resources for the Breakfast service as opposed to new recruits who are clueless.

Facilities, Rooms,

Probably the lifts are quite busy and wait quite a bit - although was was out action

Everything about this hotel is excellent in particular the service and staff

• Deluxe Twin Room

The service at breakfast was really disappointing. For 3 days in a row we had to ask for our tea/coffee 3 times before finally getting them. They need to change the system if beverages are getting forgotten. On the last day we weren't told the breakfast shuts earlier during the week and so we got there 10 minutes before the 'buffet closes'. The staff member didn't greet us but instead angrily told us to hurry up and put food on our table. She then did this to other guests after us. Once again we had to ask for our teas/coffee 3 times.

Loved the facilities but service does not compare to the ITC in my opinion. The business centre staff were amazing - shout out to them!

• Luxury Double Room

The wait for the elevators was very long.

I upgraded to the luxury room which I was very pleased with. The view was stunning! Service was great overall and I had a great stay.

• Grand Luxury Double Room with Sea View

Check in and check out process take quite a time at desk. Elevator lifts are poor, sometimes takes forever a wait.

Allowed us a early check in on request.

• Luxury Twin Room

The location is fantastic from a leisure prospective overlooking the sea and the best part was the staff which was so very helpful , it was my daughters birthday and they decorated the room with balloons and sent us a birthday cake , really very thoughtful .This was a delight for us .

• Deluxe Double Room

Absolutely luxurious, rooms large and extra comfortable. Food very good. Helpful staff. Great location. Easy access to shops and restaurants in Bandra.

• Deluxe Double Room

Lifts you have wait too long they must do something about . My wedding brought cake one day before my wedding day which we did not take they forgot to give next day but they invited me and wife for complementary drink a day before time was between 6 to 7.30 pm they invited me around 6.30 pm and well chair ordered by me took 15 min and we took 15 min to get dressed so we reached at 7 pm hey should have informed me much before 6 pm

• Grand Luxury Double Room with Sea View

Ming Yang too cold, very noisy , plates cold . Staff tried hard re wines but 3 wines on list sold out ( list not amended or not told at time of ordering ) and wine service too slow .

Lovely position , comfort and cleanliness excellent . Friendly professional staff

• Taj Club Double Room

A couple of minor issues which would have been straightforward to resolve (air conditioning which made us both sick, bed which would not stay in one place) were compounded by extremely poor handling by senior staff. Hammering wood wedges into the floor to stop the bed moving was later found to be unnecessary because the staff didn't know who to lock the bed in place. Having been granted a free meal to apologise, we then spent most of the last day in protracted discussions when the offer was recinded by the next duty manager. Cannot recommend.

• Deluxe Double Room

They didn’t give me same upgrade as before. And checking in was little long as they need my details again even though was there a week before. May be they should offer same upgrade to returning customers. Last week stayed another hotel due to this

• Deluxe Double Room

Wait time for lift was long and annoying at times. i guess since one was under maintenance. Nomads service was dull. Staff couldn’t let me sit on lounge chair/table even though it was empty. Saying i was alone hence tables are for 2 plus people. Even though i told them i was just here for a drink or 2. They weren’t polite.

Truely 5 *, clean and breakfast was lovely. Got upgraded to luxury room.

• Grand Luxury Double Room with Sea View

A pity that the outdoor eating area in Vista could only be used at breakfast time. Would have loved to have a drink here in the evening.

Hotel was beautiful. Immaculately clean. All staff smart and courteous. Would love to return. Little touches like rose petals and flowers in bathroom and coming back to selection of little treats made stay even more special.

• Deluxe Double Room

the pool was poorly managed, bad experience from room service (the second person who did serve the for coffee at night, very crude behavior)

staffs are having the excellent courtesy , good looby

• Luxury Double Room

The Breakfast Spread at Vista Restaurant was simply to die for. Staff extremely friendly and polite. The room and amenities inside were up to the standards of a Taj Hotel. Highly recommend any traveller visiting Mumbai for business or leisure. Thanks Bushra Sultan

• Deluxe Twin Room

Inside the bathroom I felt little awkward and outside window pigeon and crow ware very active

I like the name taj and its name the lands end its a good location in Mumbai and the building is situated very nice

• Grand Luxury Double Room with Sea View

I just had 1 disappointmemt throughout my 30.hrs stay...1 taj club lobby staff was rude to such an extent that i cant express...she was merely a person who doesnt deserves to be there...but later on when i complained about her to the duty manager they were all trying to help me in every possible way...thanks to Omkar and team...

Everything in my stay was fantastic...it the best property to stay in mumbai suburb...

• Deluxe Double Room

This hotel could improve training of various aspects - checking us in a room that is right across construction and noise without prior warning was not right. As well as the tone of the concierge staff when we were at the airport requesting help with transportation . In comparison, Taj Mansingh and Vivanta in Dehi are very warm and helpful . A special mention however of Karthik ( in concierge) and Lionel who works at the Nomad is essential for their wonderful customer centric attitude and warmth.

The property is beautiful . Location is fabulous. It has the attributes of comfort and service that the Taj group is known for .

• Deluxe Double Room

The possibility to eat when you are alone... the menu in the Bars were limited.

Plenty of water supply ( in the room, in the gym, by the pool). Friendly staff

• Deluxe Double Room

The room rates were hugely inflated, even after accounting for the holiday period. The property is a little hard to get to if your family and friends live around the Pali Hill area (as most of mine do), but local transport is cheap, quick, and easy to get. I was surprised that airport transfers aren't included, especially for a 5-star hotel, but like I said, local transport was adequately cost-effective. There was no kettle in the room (I usually carry my own special coffee blend), but the coffee in the hotels' Vista restaurant was great so I didn't really miss mine much.

The staff was very hospitable and accommodating to special requests. The facilities were great, though I didn't use the pool and gym much, but it was good to know that the gym is open 24 hrs a day. The location right at the tip of the island (hence the name "Land's End") meant that the beach was right there too. And to sum up the rest of the positives in one word: FOOD. The breakfast buffet was to die for, varied and delicious. The in-room dining options were amazing and the menu seemed just endless! The food I ordered was fabulous. Two really great restaurants (Ming Yang - probably one of the best Chinese restaurants in Bombay, and the Indian restaurant Masala Bay) are actually situated in the hotel itself and also deliver to the room.

• Deluxe Double Room

They were understaffed for the businesses of the holidays. The staff on hand were incredible, but there weren’t enough. At breakfast and waits for coffee were far too long. At the pool, we ordered drinks and they took almost an hour to arrive- and it wasn’t busy. One elevator was out of service for the duration of our stay, which given that it was during Xmas and New Years, I would have expected it to be fixed in that time. Elevator waits were very long at times.

Staff were incredible and very professional.

• Luxury Twin Room

Breakfast was international style and Indian, so there was an option. Food was very good. There were also very nice restaurants, We ate at the Indian one and it was superb. Service was of international level.

• Luxury Twin Room

Billing (far too many untrained staff not able to deal with the crowds/pressure). They charged us twice for the room!! I had to call late my time once I came back to the US to resolve this issue. Bed sizes were not up to par with the US - which is fine, but the descriptions weren't clear.

Breakfast, friendly staff

• Luxury Twin Room

The staff were so accommodating, the room was huge, so clean and overall fantastic. The breakfast was excellent, it has local and international cuisines. Also, check in and out was very smooth and fast. recommended for couples and families.

• Taj Club Double Room

It was peak season and the hotel was full. But one elevator was under maintenance and this caused a serious congestion in elevator movement. It took almost ten minutes each time to get in and out.

The hotel is well located and the staff go out of their way to help you and make you comfortable.

• Deluxe Double Room

Didnt understand their pricing policy. Neither is it explained in the bill and neither did they try and explain. I feel very overcharged. They charged us extra from the mini bar nad billed it too. Wasnt pleasant at all.

Very nice staff.. warm and helpful

• Grand Luxury Double Room with Sea View

The prices in the restaurants in this hotel is ridiculously over priced and too pricey for me evne though I am from Canada. I could not afford to eat in any of the restaurants at the Taj Land's End. I have worked and traveled all over the world and in my opinion,. the prices were about 40% higher than in comparable 5 star hotels in other countries.

the breakfast buffet was excellent as was the service. Security excellent.

• Executive Suite

There’s not too much. I don’t want to name people. They can certainly improve their services. I for one will not stay here again.

Butter service is top class!

• Grand Luxury Double Room with Sea View

Great breakfast, excellent service. After this hotel we went to a more expensive location abroad and I have to say that this hotel's service was better in every way

• Grand Luxury Double Room with Sea View

Need to have more capable staff at the salon (feedback from my wife - Either the staff does not have the skillset or not interested)

Staff were extremely helpful and went the extra mile to ensure we are comfortable.