Reviews of Taj Palace, New Delhi 5 stars

Sardar Patel Marg, Chanakyapuri, 110021 New Delhi, India

#3 of 611 hotels in New Delhi

• Deluxe Room King Bed

Best hotel ever. I am an American woman travelling solo and had a medical emergency on my first day in India, and they made me so comfortable and feel so safe and cared for. I will be coming back here at least two more times during my 5 week stay in India and Nepal.

• Taj Club Room King Bed

We wanted to tip the staff as it was, but it was really off putting because some of the lower ranking staff members would look at our face waiting for us to tip them, which you wouldn’t expect from such a prestigious hotel. Especially the entrance staff such as valet.

Staff was amazing, especially Atul Saxena, he dealt with every issue and request we had swiftly, his customer service was especially exceptional, he is a major credit to the hotel. We were extremely impressed by the customer service.

• Superior Room Queen Bed

Nice area but a little too far to walk to the tourist sites, especially during the brutal summer heat. No sauna!

Nice hotel, great bathroom, great customer service as you'd expect from a 5 star hotel.

• Superior Room Queen Bed

the additional taxes charged on check out are quite high and if included in the price would have given a more realistic total price.

breakfast was incredible, the room very clean and with plenty of good features. wonderful bedding, great bath, sound proofing good, big desk, all i wanted

Breakfast spread :-(

I am a regular at Taj Palace. Their staff is way too accommodating and helpful. I have traveled well and can vouch for their over top service and courteous staff. Morning breakfast can be somewhat better, but other than that my kids loved staying here and would be back any day :-)

• Superior Twin Room

Food menu could be better for single travelers p

Outstanding property with equally hospital staff that takes care of your needs at every possible way.Keep up the good work.👌

• Luxury Room twin Bed

Taxi are so much expensive and taxi drivers are too annoying

Warm staff and excellent service. Hotel is very new and good facilities. The 7th floor’s Butlers are perfect.

The only issue I can think of with this hotel is that it is expensive. The food and every other add on you can think of is expensive, no two ways about it, you will pay top dollar for everything. However I am still rating this place 9+ because you forget about how expensive it is with the service at every turn.

The food was wonderful. The breakfast buffet is sooo worth it. Stayed 11 days and never got tired of the spread. So many choices. The service is world class. Maybe one other time I stay at a place with such fantastic service. The rooms were clean and spacious. The beds and linens wereso comfortable. I am writing this review from another hotel just wishing it was half as good as the Taj. We traveled with our two sons and the Taj was so accommodating.

• Deluxe Room King Bed

Not much to not-like anything, but our "clear chicken soup" could've been better 😜

Located in lush green surroundings, with very good restaurants and facilities on board, this hotel is a perfect getaway for a weekend, or if you are traveling to Delhi for a comfortable and non-noisy stay.

• Superior Room Queen Bed

Everything was great but on entry, the check in staff gave me no information on wifi accessibility and breakfast... This is a regular drill in all hotels so was a little surprised this was missed

The room was really comfortable and clean and the food was great... Located in the diplomatic area so very quiet and away from the hustle and bustle... The bathtub was an added bonus...

• Superior Room Queen Bed

The hotel is between the airport and the main train station. It is mainly a city hotel with all the confort needed and several restaurants inside the hotel. YOu need a transport to the city center.

• Superior Twin Room

Room's electric switches were worn out.

Taj never disappoints! Friendly and ever smiling staff. Efforts to make everything comfortable for a guest is something I love Taj for.

Nothing in particular

Friendly and helpful staff, comfortable and clean rooms. The restaurants offered a good choice to choose from. Very well equipped gym including a jacuzzi

• Superior Room Queen Bed

The bedside clock ticks - it should be replaced with a silent clock. Bedroom night light facility for persons who perfer a dim light all night is not provided - what they have is a movement sensitive night light - I suggest addition of dim all night light. The main lounge in the lobby has a choice of pasties and pastries, all unhealthy food - suggest you add some healthy whole wheat sandwiches for a quick sit down lunch.

I liked the warm hospitality of the staff every where - at check-in, housekeeping, restaurant, gym, check out, entry and exit, everywhere. This warmth made my stay feel like I was at home. I also liked the bedroom - its layout, furniture, bathrobes, slippers, shoe horn with large handle, mini bar, tea making facility with a fair selection of tea variety, the meticulous attention to every detail. I asked for cotton pillows and those were delivered within five minutes!

• Superior Room Queen Bed

food price at restaurant is not cheap; security check is kind of annoying

breakfast is good (a lot of choices); WiFi service is everywhere; staff are friendly; room is large

• Superior Room Queen Bed

Broken room at check in. Airco and doorlock not working. Booked a queen got singles, with no queen available during the complete stay

Very nice, but very expensive restaurants. Expect to pay a multiple of your room rate per person

• Deluxe Room King Bed

Breakfast could of been better. Lots of choice but the quality of some dishes is not as good as other hotels that I have stayed at.

Fantastic hotel, the facilities are excellent and the staff are all lovely and friendly! Would recommend stay the the Taj Diplomatic to anyone.

• Superior Room Queen Bed

Beautiful hotel with excellent service! Staff was very, very friendly, attentive and helpful. I literally enjoyed every minute of my stay at this hotel. Room was nice and clean with amazing view over the hotelcomplex (swimming pool) and the green side of Delhi.

• Superior Twin Room

I was not happy with the food given in chinese restaurant .... i have given a complain also along with the bill....

over all everything is great ...i think bed could have been better please check the bed in ROOM number 614 ...

• Deluxe Room King Bed

Neighbors were so loud! Hotel can't control that but walls are a tad thin for a luxury hotel.

Breakfast was good, staff was excellent. Room was spacious and beautiful. Spa was amazing.

• Superior Twin Room

The staff was amazing and very helpful...always greeted my family and I with a smile and ready to assist us in anything we needed. I have never experienced such a geniune and helpful staff like the employees at the Taj Diplomatic Enclave...you can tell they take pride in their jobs.

• Superior Room Queen Bed

Only one smallish bar. No draft beer. No shop to buy small things and not shop within walking distance - in fact nothing is within walking distance. Doesn't compare to peers like the Imperial, but definitely a good place.

Service excellent.

• Deluxe Room King Bed

there are no Buffet style restaurant for dinner.

The Taj hotels always surprising me with the best hospitality you can ever try in any hotel upgrade in sweat without extra charge and cleanses was in upscale and whole experience was excellent.

Got searched everytime we came back to the hotel however the european looking guests just walked straight through. Extremely annoying and discriminatory.

Breakfast was great - - offered soya milk as an alternative - cute homemade yogurt in clay pots - lots of space Rooms and all facilities were to a very high standard.

• Superior Room Queen Bed

It's not lacking anywhere .loved everything about it. Oh yes! But I think there should be separate swimming pool for the kids. You guys should add one small pool for kids.

The ambience, always smiling faces of staff . Cleanliness and calmness of surroundings and yes the complimentary offers too😊

• Superior Twin Room

Service and staff can be a lot more courteous and quick. It took at least 30- 45 min even for a small request like a soap or water.

All in all its a great property in the heart of the city. Clean beautiful air and view (which is rare in Delhi). Its a well maintained property and rooms a pretty comfortable nice

• Deluxe Room King Bed

Room keys were given to me and when I went up to the room.. they were still cleaning it up and had to again go down to the reception and asked for another room. The whole experience was very unprofessional and unlike a Taj property There were no help to take my luggage when I entered the hotel.. gave me a feeling of a 3 star property

• Deluxe Room Twin Bed

We booked two twin beds as we are two adult men. We were given a double bed and a promise of a change the same day, this did not occur. A child's bed was brought in that afternoon which was not suitable. We were compensated with a free meal on the last night after much discussion.

Excellent breakfast and attentive staff

• Taj Club Room Twin Bed

Price. With taxes very expensive and don’t feel you get value for money.

Opulent surroundings. Club room was spacious and comfortable. Club room facilities were good including food and drinks.

• Superior Twin Room

When Indian cuisine is served, the restaurant should have some handwashing facility separately. I did not find this at Capital Kitchen.

In spite of the security formalities, the hospitality, service and friendliness of the staff gave its own ambience to the property.

• Deluxe Room Twin Bed

The hotel was just great in terms of location, services and prices. The staff were so, helpful, welcoming and friendly ! Food at the hotel was delicious. I would definitely come back again !

• Deluxe Room King Bed

The Taj is a wonderful place to stay. The staff is friendly and helpful. The whole setting of the hotel is lovely. The rooms are very comfortable. The quality of the food was more than satisfactory. We were offered an upgrade for a small cost and for the extra few dollars, it was certainly worth it!

• Deluxe Room King Bed

I feel everything is more than perfect except the slow free wifi in the room. But I guess this internet speed properly is a problem of whole India but not only this hotel.

The location is very good which is close to the airport and very safe around. I spent 1600 INR when I came and appearently I was being cheat. The normal taxi cost should be only 500 INR. It feels great to have breakfast in the garden. The receiptors are very handsome. I tried the dinner at Capital Kitchen and Masala Art and both are very tasty.

• Deluxe Room King Bed

Luxuriousandwell kept. Peaceful surroundings and grounds. Had a room on top floor....free standing bath. Ate in restaurant, ''twas delicious.

I have no complaints.

The breakfast was amazing, the service in the hotel was excellent! The staff was very attentive and personable. Love the location as I was traveling back and forth to the American Embassy.

• Superior Room Queen Bed

There is no such thing which I didn't liked...

The property is very clean and with good interiors.. the staff is very friendly and helpful.. This trip of mine was really wonderful experience.. it was really nice from ADMIN Raunaq Ghosh TO UPGRADE me to GARDEN PRESIDENTIAL SUITE..

• Superior Twin Room

Sorry but we can not fault.

This was the most amazing Hotel. We had one night BUT will be back. Our daughter and her new husband were having 3 nights. Lucky them!!!!!

• Taj Club Room King Bed

Taj is my favourite hotel in Delhi; the kindness of the staff and the true Indian feeling make the experience unique and wonderful. Highly recommanded.

• Deluxe Room King Bed

Best hotel in Delhi..Very helpful staff. Has three restaurants. used uber yo go out and come back. After check out Hotel offers many options until your late flight..

• Superior Room Queen Bed

I traveled alone and went for an upgrade on the room, to a club room. It provided me with both a cosy breakfast, afternoon tea as well as the cocktail hour in afternoon. Facilities like pool and gym were also great! I’d stay there again!

• Deluxe Room King Bed

The location is a bit off when you are a tourist. The concierge did not have the latest metro map so we walked to the wrong station, a new one that was not on the map.

Everything is as expected at a five star hotel! The location is nice and quiet.

I chose standard conditions with free cancellation , despite this they charged my card 2 weeks before arrival for first night stay. Considering I booked 5 rooms on first bookings and 3 for another booking it means around 2k Usd . I was very upset and I contacted booking.com and the hotel: they excused and refund my card after 10 days.

Excellent classic hotel in Delhi

• Deluxe Room Twin Bed

The grandeur of the hotel lobby - massive and opulent - made us feel like we were entering a palace. Gorgeous rooms with endless towels, the staff stopped at nothing - from polishing our shoes to delivering essence oil for an indulgent bath after a long, but unforgettable day in Agra home to the Taj Mahal. Delhi has many hotels, we gambled on this one and got it right! Thankyou Taj Diplomatic for making our seven days holiday truly memorable.

• Deluxe Room King Bed

- pillows were too big and hard - it would have been nice to have more activities at the hotel for my boys - you have to talk to three or four staff members to get the right answer - it would have been great if hotel staff had told me about the service of getting a local sim card prior to my arrival - this would have been very helpful for moving around Delhi via Uber, for example - breakfast buffet could have a little more choice and staff is generally very slow at serving drinks and getting a table ready

- nice location in the diplomatic quarter of New Delhi - relatively green and air not too bad for Delhi - my boys enjoyed the mini golf very much - nice atmosphere at the pool and overall - staff is trying to accommodate as best as possible

• Deluxe Room King Bed

Quite a few staff need training in manners specifically in the restaurants and bars and provide service with a smile. It was a 50/50 split between good and poor service.

The choice was great

• Superior Room Queen Bed

Some issue with the GPS takes taxi drivers to the wrong entrance and this can make you go around the block a few times, which is not so pleasant in Delhi's bad traffic. A part of that Taj is a jewel in the middle of Delhi.

I have been staying at the Taj for a few years now and I always love it, the members of staff are all so nice and professional, the hotel is beautiful, traditional, the restaurant is great and the breakfast impeccable. Samuel from the restaurant is amazing and he introduced a few new Indian dishes to me, he made our stay really special!

• Superior Room Queen Bed

I book the deluxe room; but at check in with pleasant surprise that beautiful girl may be name simran upgrade me to the Suite. which my son like the most. this was my second stay. p.m. modi was also attended the summit there and chance to meet him

• Superior Room Queen Bed

The entire expereince was fantastic from the moment I arrived at check-in desk until I checcked out. I was in New Delhi for a day only to have rest before traveling back home to Europe. The staff and all services I received simply were perfect making my stay even more desirable.

• Deluxe Room Twin Bed

Aircon in the restaurants can sometimes be a bit too cold. If there is a conference things might be a bit too busy and staff is very chaotic during conferences at times.

Excellent breakfast, the Spicy duck restaurant is excellent, rooms are extremely comfortable. There is a bar next to the Spicy duck restaurant, its a bit hidden but they serve excellent cocktails. Nice pool!

• Deluxe Room King Bed

A little jazz would probably enhance the bar area

Very nice place to stay, great selection in the breakfast buffet; service was wonderful, room was great.

• Superior Room Queen Bed

There is absolutely nothing NOT to love about this hotel which widely exceeded our expectations. Lovely welcoming staff and smooth check-in. The staff at reception kindly granted us a late check-out which meant we had more time to rest before our flight in the evening. Very comfortable beds, good room-service menu (we can reccomend their Samosas and fruit platter). Do try their afternoon-tea with sandwhiches and cakes as well! Everyone really walked that extra mile to make this hotel stay special and we'll be returning for our next visit to New Delhi.

• Deluxe Room King Bed

The hotel is actually quite a long way out of the city centre so it takes time and money to get to the sites, as well as braving the traffic. The grounds are actually much smaller than they look in the pictures but this is not really and issue and there are still plenty of places to sit outside.

Very comfortable room and great breakfast. The food in the hotel is good and make a special effort to have the high tea. The gym is excellent. Also make time to have a pre or post dinner drink in the Blue Bar. Very cool.

• Taj Club Room King Bed

The welcome from the staff was amazing, we were walked in to the opulent reception, welcomed with flowers, and an easy check in. Upgrading our room was an absolute treat. A suite with it's own sunny garden! The interior design of the building was stunning, and up to date, luxurious with a relaxing feel. Great after a day touring Old Delhi.

• Superior Room Queen Bed

You're a bit separated from city life but that's also a good thing in Delhi sometimes.

Luxurious accomodation with a fantastic breakfast and a couple of great restaurants. Staff is very helpful, rooms nicely decorated with a very comfortable and well designed bathroom. We enjoyed our time thoroughly!

• Superior Twin Room

The people at Taj are unbeatable in pampering you from the moment you step into the hotel (or the driver meets you at the airport, as in my case) to the moment they bid you good bye. I travel very frequently but I never met a service as the one offered at Taj.

• Deluxe Room King Bed

It's my second stay in this amazing hotel. Everything is perfect. The staff is kind and helpful. All the restaurants are fantastic with excellent food. In my experience one of the best hotel in Asia. Even a business stay becomes very pleasant ! Reccomended !!!

• Superior Twin Room

From start to end, the staff were amazing. Attentive, polite and always willing to go the extra mile to make sure our staff was as convenient as possible.

• Superior Room Queen Bed

The mattress is way too comfortable filled with cushion and causes back ache if you are sleeping in one position for more than a couple of hours. May be its just me who is used to relatively hard er mattresses but then again, sometimes a lot of frequent travellers with back problems might need this option.

The food quality is excellent, staff behaviour makes you feel warm and happy and the rooms are outstanding as per standards by Taj heritage. Overall an excellent stay and too much perfection prevailing in every aspect of their hospitality. Being an Indian, you will feel proud to stay in Taj.

• Deluxe Room Twin Bed

The hotel pool was in a lovely setting and the water very refreshing perhaps it need a bit of upgrade at sometime in the future.

The staff were very pleasant and efficient the whole atmosphere was professional.The hotel was quiet at night the food at breakfast was amazing. We also ate at The Spicy Duck which we all enjoyed.

• Superior Room Queen Bed

night before checkout i developed high fever at around 1am. having called the reception, the medicine was supplied to me within 45 minutes. couldn't thank the lady (due to early morning checkout and fever), who attended, but it was a great help. Thanks to the entire staff.

• Taj Club Room King Bed

The in room dining foods quality is typical hotel standard.

We had an inexperienced butler which totally failed in every ways to manage the water seepage in the bathroom. However the guest relations manager was quick to rectify the unpleasant experience once the incident was made known.

• Superior Room Queen Bed

Staff is amazingly helpful. I had mistakenly booked for next day rather than booking for the same day, however, Parminder & Fatima at the reception were very nice to rectify my mistake and accommodate.

• Superior Room Queen Bed

The rooms are not so big (standard room) especially if you are 2 with large suitcases. They are a bit outdated in style. It has its charm, but not if you like modern luxury.

Grand reception, awesome Blue bar to lounge, exceptional Orient Express restaurant. Good breakfast and nice outdoor seating area. Very attentive and diligent staff.

• Deluxe Room King Bed

Very friendly and welcoming staff. The rooms were of a very high standard, modern and comfortable. Food choice was great and the breakfast was excellent.

• Deluxe Room Twin Bed

The location, it’s not really near anything else so it’s more of a resort. You can walk to the metro in 10mins but it’s not a nice walk, fine only if you are adventurous and open to the rough side of Delhi life

It’s an excellent hotel but you pay for it

• Superior Room Queen Bed

Everything! Wonderful hotel. Great professional service. Excellent breakfast and beautiful room. Calm and quiet escape from the hustle and bustle of Delhi

• Superior Twin Room

The rooms were a bit narrow -- but the view, service and style made up for it.

Beautifully appointed hotel; gracious service; excellent buffet breakfast.

• Superior Room Queen Bed

The bakery section in the breakfast buffet spread.... not up to the mark!

Loved the Tulips in the lobby! Also loved the red anthurium in the round vase brought along with the welcome drink!

• Deluxe Room King Bed

The hotel is worth to live.we throuhly enjoyed.just for two things to maintain- chinease food is not like chinease.room corridor flower carpet need to change including room then hotel will be more perfection !

• Deluxe Room Twin Bed

The mini bar was overpriced but had a good range of things.

Excellent location. Staff was very friendly. Room was big enough to unwind and had all the required amenities. The mini bar was well stocked & the breakfast was exceptional.

• Superior Room Queen Bed

There is nothing not to like about the hotel. Still, if I have to say something, the bed in room No. 305 appeared overused resulting in hampering sound, comfortable sleep.

The staff is very courteous and helpful. The room is very spacious. Ambience is very good. The property is great value for money.

• Deluxe Room Twin Bed

Booking was more expensive and doesn't include tax... it may say so, but regardless go straight to the hotel's great experience and in English!!

Everything was perfect

Probably the best hotel in Delhi, the hotel is a welcome cocoon of relaxation among the hectic chaos of the city. Definitely TAJ brands are the place to stay in India.

• Superior Twin Room

I could not take a single photo in a lobby , my friend came with camera to make two photos of me in beautifull Sarees and they stopped us immidetely. Shame ! It's should be allowed for hotel guests at least !

Bed

• Superior Room Queen Bed

Food prices in coffee shop were extremely expensive, otherwise a very nice hotel.

Staff were extremely helpful, always with a smile, spotlessly clean, smells wonderful.

Browse Taj Palace, New Delhi traveller photo gallery