Reviews of Taj West End 5 stars

Race Course Road, 560001 Bangalore, India

#14 of 411 hotels in Bangalore

• Executive Suite with Garden View

I have been using this hotels for years and have noticed how the stndards at Breakfast have been dropping .....

I love the location and some members of staff

• Luxury Double Room

Immediately available WiFi would be a great help for international guest- I wasted a couple of hours due to not being able to use WiFi before check in

Staff, room, facilities

• Executive Suite with Garden View

The rooms are in a shabby condition. We stayed in room 1517, an Executive suite. The sofa was dirty, the room had not been cleaned (I found squashed raisins on floor and an empty mineral water bottle behind the table), the curtains are made of a cheap material, the curtain fittings are poor and the carpet is hideous (the pictures shown while booking indicated a parquet floor - the reality is different). The hotel staff explained that the rooms were up for renovation in a few months. That is fine. If so why are they they charging us to stay in these rooms. The breakfast is positively third rate. Absolutely nothing was up to the mark. The cut fruits were inedible. The omelette was bone dry and crumbly. The coffee was bad. The baked goods were not fit for a three star hotel. There was water spilt on the floor and even after pointing it out to the staff no one bothered to wipe it. More than 20% of the chairs in the coffee shop are broken - either the back or the seats have caved in. We ate at two of the restaurants. The food was mediocre to say the least. I wish we had ventured out of the hotel for our meals. The car that fetched us from the airport had a huge stain on the back seat. I had to keep touching it to make sure it wasn't wet. The chrome plating in the bathroom sink drain has worn out and the brass is showing. The kettle in the room is old - something you might forgive in a room at the Bangalore club The executive lounge is a farce. It is hardly ever manned. It is tough to get a cup of coffee when you want it - you have to go looking for someone each time. The selection of snacks and drinks at the happy hour will have you in splits - two prunes, four shelled walnuts, a few limp pieces of cheese, drab spring rolls and some paneer.

The surroundings at the hotel - the garden, the trees, the geese - all very lovely.

• Luxury Double Room

The fittings in rooms were all old & tough to use. Cloing sliding door in bathroom was tough. Bath tub ancient design was tough to use. Overall comfort factor was zero

Ambuence, courtsey, location

• Luxury Double Room

Rooms need overhauling. Bed is just about ok. Bathroom door from inside is painted white which is turning yellow. It makes no difference to the working of the bathroom but when you're staying in a hotel like this, why leave out little things that spoils the whole experience. Having said that I was staying in the basic category of room and it still had a huge balcony.

Trademark Taj hospitality. You see when you stay at a taj hotel you forget about the little things that may not be up to the mark, just because people there make you feel like you have always known them. 11/10 for the staff. In this hotel you will feel like you're staying amidst a tropical jungle. Its surrounded by trees and beautiful plants. Its architecture takes you back to victorian era. All in all a great place to stay or visit. "Singh" at the porch, "Ankita" at the reception, "Abhishek" from the heritage walk, "farzana" from the cafe(and I can go on n on) were all great.

• Luxury Double Room

Your soup decanters/flasks are very unstable. I feel you could get more easy to use ones.

Most courteous staff. Chef Keshav Rao is a gem. Ms Taj at the coffee was very courteous and helpful. Overall great staff and love the way they all seem to enjoy their job and truely great assests apart from the magnificent property you have there. Will visit soon. Thanks a ton for a memorable stay.

• Luxury Double Room

I had blaring music heard in my room, and on complaining, I was told it is normal to go on until 1 AM! At least invest in sound proofing rooms then? Secondly, my final bill was converted from Indian rupees to Euros at a very unfavourable rate without asking me! I felt really cheated with this 5% forex exchange fee, where my credit card would have done a much better job.

The staff, the food, the gym and sauna were world class.

• Luxury Double Room

we stayed there during a weekend, at several locations around the hotel there were wedding and birthday parties, some of them quite load (till about 10 PM). if I were the managing director of this fabulous place (that is very quiet normally) I would just rent out the place for parties under the condition that the music production stays at normal levels (use a decibel meter to check this). the hotel is not just there for the party goers, but also for the hotel guests. at least that what I think... If the hotel manages to solve this part too than I think the place would score an overall A+ or an 11 on a scale 1 to 10!

absolute fantastic place! if you want to experience what it is like to live like a king / queen: this is as close as you will ever get. best hotel I ever stayed in.

• Taj Club Room

Everything was perfect, no complaints!

I had booked this room as a gift for my parents for their 30th wedding anniversary & had asked the hotel to provide some flowers and chocolates to surprise them when they got there. However, the staff went above & beyond to make this such a memorable experience for my parents. They collaborated with my sisters who were in the same city to make beautiful flower arrangements with candles and provided a chocolate cake and also upgraded their room for free. My parents were so happy! A big thank you to the Staff on call that day! :)

• Luxury Grande Room with Garden View

The staff are exceptional and the specialist Indian restaurant is outstanding (try the sampling menu). The service in the general restaurant is good by normal standards but is outshone every where else on this wonderful Idyllic oasis in the middle of a crazy Bengalaru

• Luxury Grande Room with Garden View

We had an old style room - I believe some are more newly decorated. Our allocated room was damp and old with chipped paint. If these rooms are to be sold for £178 per night it’s a rip off! We complained and got moved to another room which was amazing! Hotel should reduce the price of the old smelly rooms!

• Luxury Double Room

Poorly controlled shower temperature and lack of force from both shower and tap. Lack of turn down service. Airport transfer rather expensive x3 times local price

Friendly and helpful staff, make you feel at home. Special mention to Aathira in Mynt. Fabulous greenery, calming atmosphere, good privacy for the rooms. Reception staff also excellent.

• Luxury Double Room

Cold swimming pool; packed breakfast - two sandwiches, no drink, five oranges, 2 jars of jam and nothing to spread them on .... again lack of staff actively listening to guest request. Mini bar pricing - I know this is top hotel but 750 rupees for pack of biscuits is crazy when you consider cost of living.

Where service was good it was VERY good - just let down on a few occasions - like collecting luggage from room on time... staff need to be more attentive to requests and instructions. Heritage tour v informative; lovely greeting on arrival if a little slow on checking in; room was very nice, with private balcony.

• Luxury Double Room

There is absolutely nothing not to like about this hotel.

The complete experience was delightful. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful without being overbearing. In my opinion this is certainly the best hotel in Bengaluru, if not in India! The welcome on arrival was certainly the best I have ever experienced.

• Taj Club Room

I had no complaints; anything which went wrong was immediately rectified.

I have been to India many times. This was my first visit and it has become one of my favourite Indian hotels. Unlike most in Bangalore, it is a low rise group of buildings set in a beautiful verdant garden of 22 acres. It is a haven of peace in a bustling city. The rooms are lovely, most with balconies looking into the gardens and forest. All facilities are available,including spa, pool and tennis court. The restaurants (South Indian and Vietnamese, plus multi-cuisine coffee shop) are very good. But, what is truly outstanding and memorable is the quality of the staff. The concierges, led by Mohammed, are outstanding: probably the best I have encountered anywhere in the world. They are courteous, efficient, knowledgeable, and willing to go out of their way to help guests. I would single out Kiran, who was absolutely brilliant. (I have never praised individuals in a review before.) Treat yourself to a few days here; you wont regret it!

• Luxury Grande Room with Garden View

We didn’t get a room that was described as Luxury grande with a bathtub, ours was in the new block and defeated the whole purpose of staying at a heritage property. Usually Taj does a fantastic job of catering to special occasions, in our case (anniversary) they made no efforts. The staff was tired after a long new year party, food was below average (coffee=water), and we had a thermostat that was stuck and nobody bothered to fix it even after we called them. We specially chose this property because of the great reviews but it was a massive expensive disappointment.

The hotel premises are beautiful and had the old world charm.

• Luxury Double Room

For the price it just doesn't quite get there. There is clearly a need for renovation in some of the rooms, where the price does not reflect the state of the room.

An interesting hotel with very nice grounds. The food choice at breakfast was also very good. There was excellent service and, mostly, the staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Luxury Grande Room with Garden View

Children's pool area was not convenient to use.there were lots of catering stuff dumped in the pool area and every one is busy with that. Room: balcony area was not cleaned properly.there was no chair .We had to request them for chair. Also where are the normally complimentary cookies or fruits which are usually available in the room.If this is not part of your normal facilities , please make it a necessity. Service at restaurant:very poor for dinner .One of the waiter mentioned we can order only meal package worth 1500 which was ridiculous as there was no such package available.It was resolved after multiple discussions with staff.But hey ! We came to celebrate our anniversary and thanks for making every meal a pain.Morning breakfast was even more worse - no cutlery ,no one to clean table,no one to even provide coffee or water.

Lush greenery inside.Heritage walk.Wildlife inside.Room set up.

• Luxury Double Room

Standard WiFi is slow but the paid version is good. After 22:30pm no drinks possible.

Very comfortable, nice fitness area, sauna and steam cabin. Excellent restaurants. Luxe and comfort.

• Luxury Double Room

We suffered a bit from the presence of a large wedding in the hotel over the whole time of our stay. That meant certain areas were being used and noise levels were higher than they might have been.

Ambiance of a 130 year old hotel, beautiful gardens (an oasis in a frenetic city) and excellent service.

• Executive Suite with Garden View

Stunning property - wonderfully friendly helpful staff - went beyond call to help me buy a walking stick when asked - took me to the right shop - then said this was complimentary

• Taj Club Room

Noise in the air condition. They tend to take my bath robe each time they clean the room. :)

The staff and the garddins of the hotel. The room facilities and comfort. Heritage walk.

• Luxury Double Room

I had asked our room to be decorated and place a cake at our arrival as it was my husbands bday. But they couldnt do it and was done very late in night so that was kind of little messy and required lot of follow up.Other than this everything else was perfect.

It is very beautiful place to stay. Very relaxing and room was awesome. Lots of greenery around.It was best decision to stay at this property.

• Luxury Double Room

We dint like anything, Lousy dingy room with paint chipped off, yakky toilet, stinky balcony,flickering lights,Very poor room attendants, bad attitude at reception , billing very inefficient.

Only the restaurant and the plants in the property

• Luxury Double Room

Sadly we couldn't enjoy the pool areas due to voracious mosquitoes. It was raining a lot when we were there and they sprayed and bombed around the hotel regularly and put repellent cream in the room but we were all bitten badly.

The service is second to none. The staff really care !

• Luxury Grande Room with Garden View

The hotel was great but the restaurant and cafe in the hotel doesnt have a good selection of food and the service was very slow and poor in the cafe.

The hotel is the greenest patch in bangalore with beautiful trees all around and a lovely garden. The view from the rooms is also very good with the view of the foilage all around.

• Luxury Grande Room with Garden View

very scenic property- a complete getaway hotel, excellent staff, modern gym, great food and in the heart of the city. close to most of the important places you would want to visit in Bangalore.

• Luxury Double Room

Low staff morale, lack of attention to detail, lack of customer service and care.

Lush grounds,grand appearance and ambience. Well equipped fitness center

• Luxury Double Room

Awesome food. Superlative rooms and location. We were taken very very good care of. Many little touches which made our stay outstanding. Can't wait to go back.

• Luxury Double Room

Sorry ! Prefer to stay in Indian hotel but this time disappointed by taj.

There was a fly in dinner food. N lizard in the room. So checked out early morning.

• Luxury Double Room

Suspect shower in room 1419. Outdoor cleanliness a little shoddy.

Peaceful n quiet. Amazing nature in the middle of the city. Fantastic ambience. Old world charm.Special mention for Abhishek and Ranvijay - great job !!

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• Luxury Grande Room with Garden View

The food was tasty but we felt its a bit overpriced.

We really enjoyed our stay. Staff is just simply amazing. They are very helpful n approachable. Specially Mohamed Musavir, when we got our room we were quite unhappy with it bcoz we booked a room with garden view n there was no window in the room. We complaint about the same, in no time Mohammed changed our room to one the best rooms with balcony n beautiful garden view. He also arranged for a cake in the room and decorated our room since it was my husband's birthday. He kept checking on us to see if we were fine with everything. Also the overall staff in the hotel was very courteous and helpful. We also like the property with its beautiful old style yet elegant rooms and the greenery all around. The property is in the middle of the city but gives the feel of a far land. We would definitely like to go back because of the excellent hotel staff and the beautiful property surrounded by lots of trees.

• Taj Club Room

Service at breakfast wasn't great. It was difficult to get served...even to get a cup of tea was challenging. Even after speaking to the manager it didn't really improve. A shame as it let the visit down.

The bed was delightfully comfy. The club room was extra luxurious. The cocktails and service in the club lounge could not be failed. The swimming pool was lovely.

• Luxury Double Room

I wish they hadn't built up so much around the old verandah. But that is my personal view from the perspective of earlier years. The good news is that they have kept the ambience.

It was an amazing experience. An oasis of green and bountiful nature in the midst of a busy city. A paradise !

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

• Executive Suite with Garden View

Had to change to smaller room due to water leak but we're compensated with champagne and chocolates. However, room near to wedding function, so quite noisy!

Indian restaurant very good, beautiful surrounding gardens.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

• Luxury Double Room

Some of the rooms on ground floor smell of bug repellant they use. May need frequent clean up.

In the midst of a busy city filled with traffic, this peaceful oasis is a welcome change. The friendly and attentive staff make a world of difference. The British Raj style buildings and rooms are well appointed and the service is impeccable.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

• Taj Club Room

The hotel held a regular Sunday lunch function which has a regular clientele of local families who appeared to have regular reservations occupying all the external tables leaving hotel residents with the residue. Load music was also played disturbing residents wishing for quite in the pool area.

We stayed in a club class room which was very well fitted out and maintained

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

• Taj Club Room

My room was not as per my on line reservation and had to change twice. Though I was promissed airport pick up we were not picked on arrival. Had to convince staff to get my airport drop upon check out. Very arrogant female receptionist. Never to come back

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

• Luxury Grande Room with Garden View

For the price cannot get traditional Indian things , leaning towards more western. Hospitality and staff too impersonal and mechanical. Overprized hotel. JW Marriot was much better. I would have expected much better from a Taj. The quality has gone down.

External Garden.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

• Luxury Double Room

Nothing. Don't change a thing.

This is an outstanding, old colonial hotel. Staff are outstanding and the grounds are stunning. They filmed Passage to India here. Out of town but only 35 minutes from the airport. Ideal for peaceful relaxation.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

• Luxury Grande Room with Garden View

My husband and I stayed here for the first night of our honeymoon, and were thoroughly spoiled by the staff! (Thank you!). The grounds are lovely, a quiet pause from the busy streets of Bangalore, and the rooms just as calm. It wasn't quite warm enough to swim, but we did use the gym (great size and space) and lounges at the pool a bit before continuing on our way. Highly recommended !

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• Luxury Grande Room with Garden View

The rooms could be better. The rooms were not renovated for quite some time. The hotel management could do take up the job of renovation.

The hotel is centrally located. The ambience is good. The staff are curticious. The food is good

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

• Luxury Double Room

The rooms seemed to lack sound-proofing and we had to switch to a different wing. Some hotel areas looked slightly worn out.

Overall, hotel staff was friendly, skilled and professional. The service was always impeccable. Room cleaning was excellent and we felt we were taken good care of. Pool areas were nice and we loved the different plants and trees surrounding the hotel.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

• Luxury Double Room

It was our first night post our wedding and it was mentioned during booking, however no special efforts were taken by the institution to make it feel like one. Exhausted from the wedding, we woke up by 1030 hrs, however we were not accommodated for the luxurious spread of the buffet breakfast. We ordered in and trust me, its not really value for money. The Hollandaise sauce ordered was way off the mark too!

All the nature surrounding us made us feel like we were middle of a wildlife reserve and not the heart of Bangalore. It was an truly splendid feeling.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• Luxury Double Room

Some loud musical activities are held on the Prince of Wales lawn that is disturbing to guests who may be there to enjoy some peace and quiet..

The property is amazing the trees so beautiful and the green so soothing..transported to the Bangalore of bygone days..hope it will all be preserved as it's indeed a magnificent Oasis in a dying city congested and losing the charm it had..loved the geese and turkeys strutting around..

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

• Luxury Double Room

The hotel is a superbly organised, efficient machine - the service can be rather overwhelming at times, but that could be our preference where we don't especially want to keep reassuring staff all is well! Having said that, we found some of the principal staff in the all day restaurant rather brusque and when we asked to sit in the garden for an early lunch, despite it being at noon and empty, we were not allowed to do so - when it became obvious as time went on there was no apparent reason, wasn't pleased. Being in such a setting it is an obvious wedding venue - but the wedding that was being arranged during our stay was for 800! This was a real visual treat in the day but not so during the night when the stage etc was being erected and covered in fabric - lots of hammering/voices at all hours!!

Where to begin?! So much to love about this hotel which is really almost like a resort with grounds in excess of 20 acres - an oasis of calm and luxury away from the madness of Bangalore. It had grown from a 10-room guest house in the 1890s to a hotel which caters for possible need - golf buggies to the room from the main hotel on arrival - still getting my head around that! Room was fabulous in terms of facilities: uber-comfortable bed - bathroom with wonderful shower and accessories - and serviced twice in our 24 hour stay with fresh towels etc. Overall, staff excellent - highly trained and ready to help with all requests. We were allowed a late check out FOC too. Delicious buffet breakfast - ate at Blue Ginger the previous evening which was great albeit rather pricey but we were prepared for that! Security paramount - we were scanned on arrival and there was vigorous checking of comings and goings throughout our stay.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

• Luxury Double Room

I did not like the bathroom which was too white and marble(y). Given that the property was set in this wonderful woody 20 acres, it would have been good to have the aesthetics of the rooms little warm and earthy and with a little colour.

The eggs were extra fluffy and the bed was like a cloud but most important was the attention and care that I received.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

• Luxury Double Room

Our flight was delayed and therefore we missed one night

Everything. Thank to the staff and particularly to Muhammad for helping us with the "lost" luggage

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

• Luxury Double Room

If I'm going to be picky, here goes: the sauna wasn't quite hot enough, the swimming pool was similar because it's in the shade alot of the day...

This is the nicest hotel I have ever visited. Something about the layout of the gardens, the rooms, the greenery, it's just a gorgeous spot.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

• Luxury Double Room

The water in the pool, although perfect for proper swimming, could be warmer.

The old fashion/colonial atmosphere of the place, its discreet luxury. The fact that you feel suddenly miles away from the turbulent city surrounding you whilst being right in the middle of it. Delicate attention to detail, the incredibly happy face of the smart member of staff offering me a pair of cufflinks a the end of my stay.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Luxury Double Room

Some of the light in the room is not working, and better path-light from lobby to the room would be good.

Spacious room, superb staff, and amazing spread of breakfast; Their Masala Omelette is amazing

• Reviewed: 11 September 2016

• Luxury Grande Room with Veranda

No feedback here.

I had booked a night for my parents at this hotel. The staff was very courteous and attentive. They took care of my parents very well. The property is located in 19acres of colonial settings. A memorable experience.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

• Luxury Double Room

Locations are far off and u need to wait long for golf cart inspite of informing well in advance .. twice . Total incovinence .I checked out from hotel earlier than my required date due to same . They had billed my room for travel which they later corrected saying it was mistake .the staff for front desk for check out was amateurish .

The beautiful peacocks !

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

• Executive Suite with Garden View

Beautiful location, heritage property with over 20 acres of pristine greenery, lots of birds around. Beautiful restaurants - a Vietnamese, continental and Indian. An awesome spa and saloon, all that you ask you have for family get away!

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Luxury Double Room

Internet was poor and kind of irritating. Hotel staff have great attitute (all the time), however after they say yes, sometimes it took ages for them to deliver services.

The ambience, the building, the rooms, swimmin pool, and the gym. Very classic.a great way to experience Bangalore. The stretch provided by the trainer in the gym was excellent!

Fantastic breakfast spread!

The bed....really comfy...

• Luxury Double Room

Bathroom flush water stinging no separate quits were provided as requested

coordination

comfortable

• Luxury Double Room

Waiting time for checkout especially when you have a toddler at hand

Loved the walk on the property, breakfast spread, warm reception & staff.

Room aminities

• Luxury Double Room

Old amenities... restaurant staff attitude

• Taj Club Room

Bath tub was not there in Taj club room

Good ambience

Mynt was under staffed.

The gardens

• Luxury Double Room

presence of juniors that affected the overall service

A Taj experience is always enjoyable and this place did not disappoint

Worst food :/

Okk

• Luxury Double Room

WATER WAS VERY SLOW IN WC BED WAS NOT UPTO THE MARK CONTINOUS AC PROBLEM AND ELECTRIC WIRING ISSUE NO WELCOME DRINK SERVED

• Luxury Double Room

Lovely environment in the middle of a city.

• Luxury Double Room

Beautiful hotel, lovely gardens but above all, the staff were fantastic.

Food is overpriced

Lovely food in a pleasant location

good all my

• Luxury Grande Room with Garden View

Room is poor so is the service

I like South Indian breakfast and Taj did a good job providing several items