Reviews of The Grand Imperial - Heritage Hotel 4 stars

#40 of 184 hotels in Agra

• Reviewed: 19 October 2018

Pleasant surprise: a true 4*, great Tuktuk driver
    • Chamber of Prince

Check in was slightly disorganised. We where first given one of the small rooms instead of the suite we booked. Took about half an hour to get sorted. Messages to hotel through TripAdvisor (requesting early check in) went unanswered.

The suite was beautiful and the grounds very well kept. Staff at the restaurant was very friendly and helpful. If you need a Tuktuk, ask for Gaffar at reception or find him just 20m to the right after exiting the hotel. He really made our stay!

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

nice experience
    • Deluxe Double Room

the place is far away from New Delhi and the WiFi is 0% applicable there which is I was disconnected from my work because of this for few days. I think they should add more routers to strength the WiFi signals all over the hotel areas

I like all about this Hotel but ...

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

an old beauty.
    • Chamber of Prince

room was a little dark but everything else was lovely.

very friendly staff. lovely lawn area outside room with seating. pool area was nice although pool surround needs some work. New manager who has some great ideas for improvement such as new rooftop bar and cultural performance at the poolside in the eveni Huge colonial room. I loved that this hotel has kept so much of its colonial heritage - huge chandeliers in dining room, old furniture in room, Hundi lamps on verandah, old bar. live music in dining room at night - just need to dim the lights a bit.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

an excellent experience, the staff was really helpful and...
    • Chamber of Prince

an excellent experience, the staff was really helpful and hospitality, the whole environment is just amazing with large, well-managed grassland and free puppet show at night. generally, a happy stay.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

The Canada Dry Palace: it's called that, pictures look like one, yet it's everything but a palace !
    • Chamber of Prince

There was a party outside my room which was so noisy it felt the speakers were in my room; I barely got an apology after complaining about it. It was a nightmare, I could not sleep or rest The staff is not helpful / well trained - e.g. for booking train tickets I was told I should figure it out at the train station Wifi not working well. Not an issue but highly representative of the mindset Hardly any water pressure in the shower, and smelly bathroom

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Had an excellent stay. Thanku
    • Deluxe Double Room

A little water clogging in the bathroom (shower area) of room 207. rest everythin was perfect.

Staff was courteous, hotel is very nice. Spacious rooms. Food was excellent.

- Room size is good and the whole hotel with colonial style...
    • Deluxe Double Room

- Bathroom can definitely use some maintenance. It smelled bad, the bathtub could be cleaner and it seemed old. - We found the restaurant a little bit expensive compared to other restaurants and hotels that we experienced during our time in India. - Puppet show was a little weird, although the two guys were very nice, we just don't see the point in having it. - If you are going to play music at the restaurant, it would be nice if the musicians didn't force you to give a tip, you are already paying to eat at the restaurant, and taxes are already included, so the music should be complimentary as well.

- Room size is good and the whole hotel with colonial style is very pretty. - Staff was very welcoming, everyone was very nice, specially the lady at the reception that did our check-in, she was lovely. - Price is fair for one night and for the services offered.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Magical, I was treated like a queen!
    • Deluxe Double Room

They offered complimentary henna and a puppet show, which was a lovely touch, but nothing’s quite complimentary here. Like everywhere I’ve travelled so far in India, you always feel pushed to buy/spend extra as a tourist.

I came to the Grand Imperial for my Birthday and the hotel staff treated me like a queen! I really appreciate the room upgrade, birthday cake and free henna! Birthdays usually feel strange away from family but they made me feel so comfortable and really exceeded all expectations! What a beautiful room, comfortable bed and clean pool!

stay in Grand Imperial Heritage Hotel in Agra
    • Deluxe Double Room

- horrible smelly and dirty the rest room and the whole room - uncomfortable old beds - broken lock on repository - interruptions in wifi connections - broken roller blind

- hotel is located in historical buildings with furniture and equipment, which were interesting at the first sight - reception was nice and staff helpfull - beautiful garden, puppet show, swimming pool and spa/wellness possibilities were very nice - bed for drivers

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

HERITAGE TYPE PROPERTY WHICH GIVES YOU AN ANCIENT ERA .
    • Deluxe Double Room

BATHROOMS ARE WORST ....NO WATER PRESSURE IN SHOWERS.. TOO OLD ACCESSORIES...WATER CAME SO SMELLY LIKE CORROSION ...WE STAYED 4 NIGHTS.. 95 % ITEMS IN BREAKFAST REMAINED SAME.. THERE WERE NO 4 STAR BREAKFASTS... POOR MONEY VALUE....

HERITAGE TYPE PROPERTY WHICH GIVES YOU AN ANCIENT ERA .

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Very nice old English style room.
    • Deluxe Double Room

A bit outdated. Not very nice shower. Mattress and pillows not so comfortable. Reception staff not very polite.

Very nice old English style room. Great breakfast.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Choose this one for Agra!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Complimentary services, such as henna tattoos and puppet's show, should be an option for guests. While we felt forced to do it. Both are complimentary, but the staff was pushing us too much to do both.

The atmosphere is unique. After 3 weeks in India, we can say that it is the only place like this we have found.

Stay in a hotel where royals have

All was positive

This hotel is a very unique one with many foreign and Indian dignitaries who have stayed here. On arriving at the hotel we were greeted with a garland and tilak (red spot) on the forehead. We checked in and were asked to wait as our room was getting ready. While we were being greeted, we were served with some fresh orange juice. Once our room was ready we were taken to the room and the attendant showed us all the different switches including one for the A/C. The hotel itself is not far from the train station and many sites such as the Taj Mahal, Agra fort and many others. The hotel also offers, lunch, dinner and breakfast. In the evening we had a show from the Rajasthani puppets including dressing my head in a Rajasthani pagri (turban). The show was only 5 minutes long but entertaining. The next day we had a lovely breakfast and checked out. The hotel was amazing and let us keep our bags as we had a few more hours till our train to Delhi. Overall a fantastic stay and can say we stayed where royalty have stayed.

The Grand Imperial has a wonderful history but unfortunately couldn’t live up to it’s name.
    • Deluxe Double Room

I will not waste my energy & time in reviewing this hotel. Suffice to say that any guests that is given room 210 should immediately ask for another room. It was suppose to be a de luxe room but I’ve stayed at cheaper hotels with a nicer room & bathroom. I suggest they redecorate it or use it as a store room. The dining room was fair & the food was ordinary. We thought the laundry was expensive when you can have your clothes washed for 20rupee per garment if you took it elsewhere. To be fair, some rooms were guite magnificent leading to the pool. We’ve stayed at some lovely hotels in Jaipur & because we stayed for 5 days or more we were given an automatic upgrade. At one hotel we were upgraded to the Maharajah suite & I really did feel like a Maharajah lol. They did offer me an upgrade on our last night after one of the cleaning staff heard that I was unhappy with my room. It wasn’t the management. The reception wasn’t particularly helpful. When it rained all the corridoors were soaked & the roof leaked at the stairs outside our room...210. The photos looked great but don’t be fooled.

The colonial building was impressive as well as the gardens. The high light of our stay was the puppet show which we attended every night. Apart from that, there was nothing else worth mentioning.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Great hotel @nd service. Great value.

Puppet show

Very helpful staff. Went out of their way to help book train tickets. Sadly the online booking experience for Indian trains is very poor so had to go in person to railway station to get tickets. The henna lady fe4y pleasant. The puppet show people were a little “pushy” trying to get us to see their show and buy the elephants. Once you have see one puppet show, you have seen them all. Just wanted to have a relaxing drink in the lovely gardens. Hotel Manager very helpful. Thanks for our very short stay.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

We had such a great experience at the hotel.
    • Deluxe Double Room

We had such a great experience at the hotel. The staff are very nice and professional. The room is so beautifully decorated. We also enjoyed a lot the big swimming pool.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Excellent Attention To Detail
    • Deluxe Double Room

The only thing I didn't like was that my bed linen was changed & room cleaned after I'd only stayed one night. This wasn't necessary and wasted resources. I didn't put a sign on my door saying Please clean my room but it was cleaned anyway.

Everything:- Great convenient location & I loved the wonderful unique character & charm of this historical hotel. I was upgraded to a more luxurious room free of charge & it was like a mini palace, spacious & with absolutely gorgeous wooden furniture & a dreamy comfortable four poster bed. At breakfast the Dining Room Staff were very understanding when I explained that I could eat eggs & yoghurt but none of the other breads, cereals provided as I have diabetes. They so kindly cooked chicken sausages & lots of vegetables specially for me. Also they were very willing to provide a packed breakfast for me for the next day (& listened to my suggestions of boiled eggs, vegetables, yoghurt & fruit) as I had breakfast included & the was leaving very early in the morning. The Staff at Reception were very attentive, friendly, efficient & very helpful with carrying my luggage and making sure I was picked up for my day tour & transfer tour on time + any concerns I had about my tours.

Kind staff and quite hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room

The extra services such as laundry or SPA are a bit overpriced.

All the staff was really kind and ready to help. The restaurant is really good. Pretty quite and calm hotel.

Grand old hotel if you don't want TV
    • Deluxe Double Room

We wanted to watch the World Cup final, so booked hotel with what appeared to be large TV. We checked the night before and the image was totally pixilated. Three technicians attempted to resolve then said it was fixed although it remained the same. Offered another room only for TV there to also be pixilated. Staff unable to indicate when it would be repaired and gave various reasons for the issue. We had to go elsewhere for the show.

The hotel and rooms were magnificent.

Definitely worth the stay
    • Deluxe Double Room

Room had a slight sewer smell when you left bathroom door open

Staff were wonderful - couldn't do more. Rooms were clean and beds were comfortable. Pool was fab and food was very tasty. Would definitely recommend it to others

Wonderful respite from chaotic Agra.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The pool could have been a little cleaner.

Amazing experience from arrival to departure. Comfortable beds with great quality cotton linen. Great facilities including spa and restaurant.

Good stay in Agra!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Water running wasn't hot. Restaurant food not that great.

Good heritage style hotel with great service across the board. Conveniently located within Agra.

Layout of the rooms around the courtyard is nice.
    • Deluxe Double Room

We felt like the receptionist was trying to rip us off as we asked for a taxi recommendation and he tried to inform us a Tuk tuk would cost 200/300RS to near Taj Mahal. This journey should in fact cost 80RS for a tourist. The receptionist than rang the tuk tuk man outside to tell him we were coming... just don’t fall into the same trap. Also, breakfast was not very nice for example the jam was out of date.

Layout of the rooms around the courtyard is nice. Swimming pool was good. On arrival we were given flower necklaces which was a nice gesture.

Beautiful heritage rooms, with lots of space.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Could have been cleaner. Also no warning about the private functions with loud music, which happened on both nights of our stay. Not ideal as we had early mornings for the Taj Mahal at sunrise and a seriously early train.

Beautiful heritage rooms, with lots of space. Lovely pool area and delicious food.

The service
    • Deluxe Double Room

There were random knockings on the door which we did not entertain. Could be prank we were not sure The puppet show is not worth watching The water metallic mineral smell was especially strong

The service Superb room deco

Good value, good location.
    • Chamber of Prince

There were people constantly asking us for things, lots of disturbances. There was a free puppet show happening on the property and one of the young boys wouldn't take no for an answer.

The room was wonderful. The property is beautiful and in a good location. Our room opened up right to the pool which was nice.

This was my 3rd visit and I really wouldn’t stay anywhere...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Seriously nothing to dislike!!!

This was my 3rd visit and I really wouldn’t stay anywhere else when I’m in Agra. Unique rooms, fabulous pool, wonderful staff, excellent service and a lovely spa. Not the 5 star luxury of a big hotel chain but somewhere uniquely special and loaded with charm.

A beautiful, heritage hotel that should be renewed in rooms,...
    • Deluxe Double Room

It’s a pity that such a beautiful structure has some problems that could be solved, like the old showers and the poir wifi connection

A beautiful, heritage hotel that should be renewed in rooms, most of alla toilets. But the gardens, pool and furnishing is very good

The experience was OSUM....
    • Deluxe Double Room

Just 1 thing the staff has forced for advance payment.

The theme at rooms & cleanliness, higene and maintainace of the property is good. The crew was supportive and friendly.

Lovely for a short stay!
    • Deluxe Double Room

There was confusion over our breakfast - we had to pay at reception before we could have any, even though we thought we booked breakfast included.

They upgraded our suite because I was sick - very much appreciated!

The hotel was really lovely, and the staff were great.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The hotel was really lovely, and the staff were great. My favorite part of my stay, though, were the nice little extras they had (juice and flowers upon arrival, henna tattoos, puppet show - all complimentary). I didn't get a chance to try the pool or spa, but they seemed nice. The hotel was nice and quiet and had a wonderful old-world ambiance.

Nice welcome reception
    • Deluxe Double Room

Cleaning Shower wasn't very good.. the bathroom would turn into a lake afterwards

Nice welcome reception Beautiful gardens and pool Nice room Good Breakfast

Welcoming and pleasant hotel.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The breakfast leaved a little to be desired, not the most exciting but was ok for something quick in the morning before venturing out. I was sick upon leaving the hotel but i'm not sure if this was from the breakfast here or food somewhere else.

We were pleasantly surprised with the hotel after looking at some of the the reviews. Our room was large, clean, if a little dark. Staff were friendly and accommodating. Lush green garden at the front of the hotel is a lovely little spot to hide away from the sun when needed.

Great hotel with lots of character. Short drive to Taj Mahal. Very good breakfast.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Slight damp smell in some rooms. There were damp patches on the ceiling in the bathroom which are probably due to the building's age.

Real character and very good breakfast. Staff were all excellent.

True Colonial Style Hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room

Its not in the quietest location, just off the main road but if you can forgive that, you should have an excellent stay

It really was what it said it was, a heritage boutique hotel. I wanted a comfortable and luxurious stay where I could relax without any disturbance. The staff are friendly and really courtly as I imagined.

Historical grand hotel - sadly disappointing
    • Deluxe Double Room

The hotel held a wedding from about 8pm - midnight during our stay. Although the rooms have thick walls and double doors, it could still be heard from inside and we had trouble getting to sleep early as we planned to wake up early for the sunrise at the Taj Mahal. We are very disappointed that the hotel did not inform us beforehand - either before check-in or when we booked - that would have at least given us a choice as to whether to stay or not. No compensations for any of the guests that stayed. Food from restaurant is pretty average and overpriced. Stained sheets.

Very comfortable bed. Buffet breakfast. Good facilities. Friendly and helpful doormen and bell boys.

Beautiful, traditional feel, great reception staff, housekeeping were awesome, good food!
    • Deluxe Double Room

the young men who did the performance of the puppet show that lasts 2mins - its a farce to get you to buy a puppet which they claim is a family business - given they sell them all over India thats one huge family! Felt harrassed by them. A young art student was exceptional doing henna and dressing you up in traditional clothes, very honest lovely girl and an asset to the hotel. The Spa was a huge disappointment, we asked for a treatment, made it clear by pointing to the one we wanted and the price only to be charged different. My lady was lovely but my husband had the male who was below standard.

Loved the traditional look, the staff were very attentive, gardens, swimming pool were lovely.

Good food, friendly staff, amazing rooms that are spotless...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Good food, friendly staff, amazing rooms that are spotless and a nice pool. This is the best option in agra way better than the 5 star hotels that have no character. Really stay here.

Beautiful hotel/ annoying staff / and animal cruelty
    • Deluxe Double Room

Internet doesn't work in the rooms and outside, just in the lobby. Staff at the reception is arrogant and not motivated. Other staff will ask you at least 5 times a day, knocking on your door, calling you in the room, stopping you on the stairs, on pool side if you want a spa or a massage, But the saddest thing of all that we discovered was that they kept tied a poor monkey on the rooftop and even when we asked to move him under a veranda because there was a big storm with hale and he was scared they refused, because he had an owner and nobody would go near him. It was frustrating. This is animal cruelty!

Swimming area and garden is really nice Restaurant staff is very professional

Good place to escape the Indian noise and hustle.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Good place to escape the Indian noise and hustle. Really nice pool and friendly staff. Rooms are big and well equiped but without aircondition. Breakfast is good for India, mostly english and indian food.

4 star hotel with 1 star problems.
    • Chamber of Prince

Drain in hotel never worked. When checking in, we were told that only one of our two rooms was available because another guest extended their stay and we would need to share the same room. When I told the hotel that we booked three months early and sharing a room was unacceptable, we were given the second room. However, the shower and tub did not drain, leaving us to stand in the water to bathe. The hotel said they had the drain fixed the next day while we were out. However, the drain still was not working. They offered to send someone to our room to fix - at 10:00 pm - we refused. The drain was never fixed during our stay. When I reminded the front desk upon check-out, they apologised and told me that this problem was to be expected while staying at a heritage hotel in India. I told them that I have stayed in many heritage hotels in India and never had this problem. I also suggested to them that if this truly is the case, they should let customers know before they booked. Other than having to stand in drain water that contains who know what kind of bacteria, the hotel is quite nice. No restitution was offered or made for this problem I would expect from a one star hotel.

Other than having to stand in drain water that contains who know what kind of bacteria, the hotel is quite nice. Overall, we enjoyed our stay. However, we did have problems not expected at a four star hotel.

The housekeepers, staff at the restaurant and a super nice...
    • Deluxe Double Room

This was by far the worst stay during my visit in India. When me and my friend checked in at the hotel the staff was so stressed out, literally throwing the welcome flower in our faces. They were talking to maybe 3-4 guest at the same time, asking us questions but not listening to the answers. They were not at all service minded. Couldn’t help us with information about the area and when we needed help with booking tickets from Agra to New Delhi they couldn’t help they said. Room was at first sight nice but then we noticed a smell from the bathroom, the AC was a disaster, not working properly and making horrible noises. The WiFi was not working in the room at all. It sometimes worked in the reception area, but that’s it! On the same day we were checking out we got a call to the room from the lady working in the reception. She asked when we are planning to check out, when I answered she just said “okey” and hung up. She also gave us wrong directions to where the bus were picking us up making us almost miss the bus....

The housekeepers, staff at the restaurant and a super nice lady offering free henna made our stay more pleasant but unfortunately I would not recommend this hotel.

Beautiful heritage hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room

The restaurant was dissapointing. We chose carefully & enjoyed our meals but the room is not up to the standard of the rest of the hotel and the menu limited. Staff however were lovely.

Hotel building amazing. Room lovely with lovely garden & pool.? Staff generally very helpful and we had a lovely driver Mr Khan. We were also able to use the facilities after check out which was great.

Charming modernized heritage hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room

We were greeted by very polite and friendly staff, and got a free upgrade to one of their suites which are pretty huge and beautifully decorated. You can tell the building has quite a history which makes it so charming, but at the same time the facilities are all modern and up to date. Unfortunately we only stayed there for one night, so would definitely go back there on a next trip to India!

Good and nice place to stay in Agra
    • Deluxe Double Room

The room's window was towards a corridor, meaning, no actual view on anything. The soundproofing of the rooms could have been better, cause the noice of the very busy neighbouring street it quite disturbing.

Place with an elegant and oldschool design as well as a good facilities like restaurant and swimmingpool.

It was an overall bad experience, however, the bed was...
    • Deluxe Double Room

1. The check-in process was not satisfactory at all - they did not tell us where the pool is, they did not tell us about the restaurant, nothing. We just paid and were directed to our room. Ironically, the check-out process was just as bad. The staff behind the counter are just not happy to assist at all it seems. 2. The food at the restaurant is not good and it is very expensive given the quality / taste. Better to avoid it.

It was an overall bad experience, however, the bed was really comfortable and the room was quite spacious.

A lovely, colonial heritage hotel with beautifully appointed...
    • Deluxe Double Room

The food is too westernised lacking real Indian vibe.

A lovely, colonial heritage hotel with beautifully appointed, large rooms. It's like an oasis amongst the mayhem Agra.

If you are looking for something special at an unique hotel then stay here.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The breakfasts could have been better. The cakes and pastries were stale. They did not realise and put them out again the next day.

It was like stepping back to old colonial times. I liked the fact that it was offering a unique experience and not a standard chain hotel. We had a suite which was just so lovely, comfortable and spacious. The hotel was in a good location. The staff were all very attentive. Nothing was too much trouble. They all worked hard to make our stay really special. Thank you.

Staying first time in Heritage hotel was fantastic!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Internet was not working very well. Was coming and going...

Staying first time in Heritage hotel was fantastic! Staff was helpful! Pool side was nice! Food was good. Green area was nice too!

This a true oasis of hospitality and charm in beautiful surroundings. I would strongly recommend it

I had no complaints

When I handed over my passport, I mentioned to Kamal at the front desk that it was my birthday. He immediately organised an upgrade to a most beautiful large suite overlooking the pool. He even arranged that I would receive a birthday cake after dinner in the restaurant. Talking with other guests we decided that the mattresses and pillows were the most comfortable that any of us had encountered in Indiia. All the staff were extremely kind and helpful. Food and cocktails in the restaurant were delicious and very reasonably priced and dinner was accompanied by music from a wonderful sitar and tabla player. The hotel was an oasis of calm, peace and charm - a welcome respite from the chaos and hectic pace of India. It was also one of the best birthdays I've ever had even though I was away from home. Even without that you are made to feel very special.

Very nice stay. Recommend to anyone in Agra.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Beautiful garden, would have been nice to be able to have breakfast in it instead of inside.

We liked the well maintained old building and original room decoration. Swimming pool and garden is beautiful. Probably one of the best located hotels in Agra if you want to be able to walk somewhere in the city for dinner or something.

Anyone who appreciates heritage hotels should stay here. Fabulous.
    • Deluxe Double Room

A beautiful olde world feel at this Heritage hotel. Lots of original features like big bath and taps, floor tiles etc. service was amazing and friendly and food at restaurant was excellent and good value

Very nice setting in the colonial style building.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Only comment, a good coffee machine is missing.

Very nice setting in the colonial style building. We had our airport transfer arranged by the hotel at 2PM and they allowed us the stay checked in during that time which was very convenient.

Great value for money!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Great value for money! We got a free room upgrade and this definitely exceeded our expectations. The rooms were clean, big and nicely designed. The staff was friendly and helpful. I actually regret that I couldn't stay longer at this hotel!

Defines Value for money
    • Deluxe Double Room

I informed them that it was our wedding anniversary a week before/ On our arrival they upgraded us to a suite, surprised us with a cake that we cut with the staff and were so warm😊. The hotel defines value for money

The pool facing rooms, the friendly staff, and pool, and the music at night were lovely.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The noise level of cars honking all night from our first room was unbearable. The restaurant feels enclosed although the food is good and the music at night delightful.

The pool facing rooms are elegant, quiet and delightful. The pool is a nice place to relax after a hectic day out and about. The staff are super friendly and helpful. The music at night in the restaurant delightful.

Awesome
    • Deluxe Double Room

Old and elegant hotel, staff very friendly and nice always. Good quality the food and the location. Agra is beautiful and also you can join a tea in the garden or swim in the pool.

Food really good and fairly priced.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Staff were generally very good except when I asked at reception about using an auto rickshaw and booking a train,when I was told that both were risky and I should use the hotel taxi

Food really good and fairly priced.Hotel is an oasis

Mixed feelings: beautiful property but the staff and management will disappoint.
    • Deluxe Double Room

My check-in AND CHECK-out experience were both awful. Upon arriving, I was made to wait in the lobby for 25 min when all I wanted was to drop off my bags and make my way to the Taj Mahal. Because I had an early train I wanted to settle my bill the evening before and the hotel’s odd billing system doesn’t break down what you’re costs are. They just told me a sum and I couldn’t understand what the room costs vs the restaurant costs were. The staff looked at me like I was crazy when I asked to see the breakdown. Don’t go through the hotel for any sort of car or travel arrangements. They told me it would cost 1000 rupees (don’t forget you also have to tip drivers in India) to get a car to drive me to the train station that was roughly 2km away. I question what percentage actually goes to the driver. I flagged down a tuk tuk and he took me for 200.

This hotel is aesthetically pleasing and it has an incredible old world charm. The rooms are comfortable and spacious and the court yard was beautiful and relaxing to sit in and read a book. The restaurant is decently priced and food quality is very good. While I didn’t eat breakfast due to an early train, they were kind enough to pack me something simple (bread, sandwiches and some bananas).

A great stay ruined on check-out!
    • Deluxe Double Room

On check-in we were offered and upgrade which we declined. However, we were upgraded anyway....! So we could have paid 2400Rs for something that we were given anyhow! Then on check-out the restaurant bill was approximately 8000Rs which we knew was wrong as we had been unwell so had been barely eaten anything. When questioned, it miraculously dropped to about 5000Rs!! We asked for a print out of the bill and there was a bag of Magic Masala crisps and alcohol on it. None of us were in a fit state to eat anything curried or drink alcohol so again this was an error. They also tried to overcharge us for continental breakfasts (450Rs instead of 300Rs). We had only eaten toast! Word of warning: check your bill carefully. The room cost is inexpensive but they attempt to capitalise on the extras and people paying without checking!!!!

The hotel is in beautiful surroundings and the gardens and swimming pool are incredibly well kept. The staff are very accommodating, the rooms are just as they appear on Booking.com and it was a bubble for us in the busy Agra when we were feeling very unwell.

The right blend of Royalty and Comfort
    • Deluxe Double Room

The property is situated barely 7 minutes from the main train station in Agra and a convenient location ensures that you will get there hassle free. I missed my train and had to stay over there for a night and I think it is probably the best way to review the hotel of you barge in unannounced. I was accommodated in one of their palatial suites named after a king and was immediately taken through huge arches and spacious rooms that overlooked lush green colonial gardens that demonstrate how this heritage building was once used by the Britishers. The Hotel is a heritage building which proudly showcases all the celebrities of yesteryears who have visited and were enthralled by the hospitality and the architecture of this building. Everything was clean and well kept and exuded regality. The linens and sheets, the wifi, the stocked cabinet and the shower accessories were well thought and laid out. The breakfast early in the morning was full.and sumptuous and I so wished I could stay for another day to know more about the place. I must particularly thank the staff official, who happens to be the manager of the property who went out of his way to return my ID card which I had left at the hotel. I was moved by this wonderful gesture. I would highly recommend this beautiful place to stay.

Beautiful Garden, wonderful furniture...I felt like 100 years ago... Nice
    • Chamber of Prince

Our room was moldy , sticky and to humid... Dining room was to dark, take away the curtain would help.

I liked the the old style from the hotel . Staff were really nice. The Tuk Tuk driver were all wonderful...

A lovely old, colonial style hotel near the Taj Mahal with friendly staff & good food :)
    • Deluxe Double Room

The hotel could benefit from a warmer atmosphere - the rooms felt a little chilly and the restaurant was too brightly lit.

The hotel is an old, colonial style hotel with huge rooms & comfortable four poster beds in a busy area close to the Taj Mahal and Agra sights. The staff are friendly, helpful and courteous and everywhere felt very clean & secure.

Dated, overpriced, better options in Agra
    • Deluxe Double Room

Upon our arrival (having booked a normal double room) we were repeatedly offered a chance to upgrade to a suite for Rs2,000 plus taxes. We declined as we were only staying the one night. When we were taken to our room it transpired that we had been put in the suite anyway as they had overbooked and had no double rooms left. This dishonesty got our trip off to a pretty poor start and from then on we weren’t really able to enjoy the hotel as much as we might have done

The staff at the gates were very friendly and helped us arrange a rickshaw

For 1 night it was a nice place to stay if you don’t want the modern hotels which are nearer the Taj
    • Deluxe Double Room

The water in the shower was only very like warm anc pressure was low. The Spa was disappointing but I did not book the hotel for that but thought I’d try it as had a stiff neck from the travel. Would not recommend it. Restaurant decor did not really fit with the rest of the hotel but again not a big deal

The hotel was older style and room was just what I wanted in terms of style and furnishings

Suites are huge with two doors opening out onto front lawn...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Breakfast was poor Alcoholic drinks are very expensive

Suites are huge with two doors opening out onto front lawn and swimming pool Room was large, very comfortable and clean Beautiful front lawn Lovely colonial feel

Great stay, staff was very polite and helpful.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Bathroom has some minor leaks, also sound from street is a little bit noisy.

Great stay, staff was very polite and helpful. We had some issues with our taxi driver and hotel helped us a lot, they even allow us to spend some time in a room we alredy checked out from. In total they spent 4 hours with us, and it was them who found that our taxi driver is drunk. I was really happy to met this people.

Charming place with lots of history and patina
    • Chamber of Prince

Well, rooms are a bit dark

Outstanding dinner in the restaurant, ordered different dishes a la carte, was amazed! Sahaya at the reception was always going the extra mile to help with any errands: late check -out, shuttle service, late breakfast, liaising with local doctors / pharmacies, room service, very thoughtful and customer oriented! Felt very welcomed, thank you for your hospitality and kindness!

Nice British colonial style building with garden and pool.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Location and street noise.

Nice British colonial style building with garden and pool. The restaurant is open all day long and the food is really good. Professional staff and good breakfast. The room was clean.

Loved our time here.
    • Deluxe Double Room

They do stick a charge on when you pay - we’ve had this every hotel we’ve stayed in out here, not astronomical, just something to be aware of. And...the wedding. We’d seen people setting up in the courtyard the morning after our first night, but didn’t really think anything of it. Around mid afternoon, the loudest thudding bass I’ve ever heard in my life started vibrating the room, went out to enquire if that would be the volume of the music that evening, I was told yes, but assured it would be over by 2230, I have to say I was sceptical about this. There was however no need to be, everything wrapped up at 2230 on the dot. I’m 28 and love a party, but feel that we really should have been informed about it upon check in, merely as a courtesy, given the price of a room here.

We booked this last minute as I’d come down with an illness and needed to be warm and comfortable. It didn’t disappoint, large comfy beds with big pillows. Room service, hot water, and a stand up shower. Breakfast wasn’t included in our rate, but we got it anyway and so glad we did. We visited the Taj Mahal from here, tuk tuk Parker outside at 630am - who then organised a guide for us. We used the same driver throughout our stay and he was always on time and very friendly. Mango juice and a marigold garland on arrival was a nice touch.

Very nice place in this chaotic town.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The rooms are very big and nicely decorated. Its like sleeping in a palace. Food in restaurant is good. Taj Mahal is very close to the hotel so you dont have to wake up that early to be one of the first to see it.

The hotel fulfilled my expectations, it is a nice place to...
    • Deluxe Double Room

It's a bit apart from either the Taj Mahal or the Aga Fort, in a non-touristic area. The road is very close and the noise was easily noticed in the room. The restaurant is quite good, but rather expensive.

The hotel fulfilled my expectations, it is a nice place to stay, the staff were efficient and the ambiance, enoyable. I liked the live music in the restaurant and the puppet theatre in the evenings at the the garden.

this was a stay to remember forever
    • Deluxe Double Room

unfortunately the pillows and bedding were of low quality polyester.. i am used to cotton and feathers .. they could offer better quality bedding to match the rest of this 5 star experience luckily i slept great because i brought my own little blanket and silk sheet

there was a entertaining puppet show from rajasthan and live indian music at dinner we loved the smell of the soap and the shampoo .. the decoration of the suite was dreamy and made us feel like royalty we were welcomed with a flower garland .. we would definitely recommend this place and would stay here rather then any other place in Agra

great hotel, 2 stars hotel staff and attitude. some of them.
    • Deluxe Double Room

where should I start ? - the Wi-Fi had its password and login changed every day. That is so absurd and so stupid especially in this era when wifi is something that should easily exist everywhere. - electricity stopped a few times a day. I understand it is an old building, but something should be done, or at least clients announced, as some devices can be seriously damaged because of that - the reception staff is careless, as I was just about to pay 100 more EUROs because they forgot an advance payment was already done. We had to go through all invoices to discover that - when my colleague arrived - although I personally noticed the reception of that, they were totally in the blue. unacceptable for a hotel with sooo many stars. - breakfast was ok, but not very varied. Actually, when I arrived, I asked if breakfast was included in the price, I was told YES.Then,. I saw it has to be paid. The served the same thing every day. When I asked for a coke, I was not told it must be paid, therefore I found out at the end of my stay of that. apart from that, all breakfast staff was really nice. - last but not least, I wanted my laundry done, and I got them back after a few hours only ironed, yet full payment charged. When I notified the hotel, they re-did the laundry, and apologised for that. no compensation. Actually I did receive a desk calendar and offered the possibility to have two more pieces of laundry washed and ironed for free. Totally unprofessional. Thank you but that is not how a 4 stars hotel should behave for such mistakes. When you make such a mistake, you have to pay. - all normal rooms have no window facing the sky. Nothing.Which is a serious problem for someone who is claustrophobic like me. No mention of that on Booking.com. So I was forced to take a more expensive room. - the room also had a bathtub. Which was great.Unfortunately we tried several times to use it but the running water was always dirty. Even after 10 minutes.

I was staying there for 7 days. Quite a long time for a visitor, THe hotel is an old historical residence. It looks lovely and it it has the air of an old palace. Bed was comfy and nice. The whole room was great. The spa was amazing. All staff there was great.

Charming hotel with old, colonial decorations, the rooms...
    • Deluxe Double Room

There were men working on a construction project right next to the pool, and you could hear the traffic quite loud from the pool area (but not from the room).

Charming hotel with old, colonial decorations, the rooms were very big and had nice touches, especially an old baignoire in the bathroom... and a separate seating area. The rooms on the ground floor have a front entrance opening on the front of the property and a back entrance opening up to the pool and spa, nice touch. The restaurant buffet in the morning was quite expansive. The staff was helpful last minute booking a car to the airport.