Reviews of The Oberoi Cecil 5 stars

#3 of 75 hotels in Shimla

9.7

WILL COME BACK AGAIN
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

PLUMBING RATTLES AND WINDOWS NOT SOUND PROOF. I MENTION THIS BECAUSE I EXPECT THE BEST FROM AN OBEROI'S PROPERTY.,

THE OBEROI'S HOSPITALITY IS THE BEST AND IS JUST UNCOMPARABLE TO ANY CHAIN. THE HOTEL HAS A VINTAGE AND A YOUNG VIBE AT THE SAME TIME. THE STAY WAS COMFORTABLE. THE SPA AND HEATED POOL WAS AMAZING AGAIN. I VISIT YOUR PROPERTY ONCE IN EVERY COUPLE OF YEARS AND YOU NEVER DISAPPOINT. TO TOP IT ALL YOU UPGRADED MY STAY . THANKS.

Self arrived at property at 1415 hrs but still have to wait...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Self arrived at property at 1415 hrs but still have to wait for about 45 minuted as rooms were not ready despite check in time being 1400 as per policy. Further I have to wait for Upto 1 hrs and has to call back housekeeping thrice to receive a dental kit in room

exemplary hotel and staff, the place to stay in Shimla
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

There was absolutely nothing wrong with our stay.

Exceptional customer service, delivered in a professional and friendly manner, can not thank the staff enough for their help. A most delicious meal in the restaurant, with unexpected complimentary touches, also the chef coming out to introduce himself was a great touch.

Wonderful experience and a perfect birthday.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Children were running all over and quite noisy but i assume this only happens during school breaks.

The dining exerience was excellent. The hotel staff was attentive, friendly, just excellent. The look of the hotel and rooms was classic and welcoming.

We liked the entire property including the food, staff, room...
    • Premier Double Room

We liked the entire property including the food, staff, room and Activity Center. My little one also posted 2 cards to her grand parents for them to visit the property. Other little one had a small compliant that the height scale in the Activity Center did show his height correctly:)

Good to stay here to experience Shimla
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Hotel did not have any property around it, just the building. In comparison the Wildflower property in kufri is far superior

Liked the massage at the spa. Breakfast bugger is really good too. Staff are extremely courteous and friendly

Most excellent hotel, beautiful location, wonderful staff, went above and beyond, superb with kids!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Loved everything about this hotel, service was unparalleled, staff couldn't have done more to be helpful, food was amazing, building was super clean, beautiful hotel, they were amazing with kids.

Great place!
    • Premier Double Room

Staff is wonderful and very helpful. In part of our stay my wife was unfortunately sick, the staff was particularly helpful and caring, in room dining handled all our very specific requests (without even charging! Since my wife missed breakfast). Highly recommended.

Awesome Team with Classic Room
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Cannot complain much the kind of service i receive cannot point to anything which i dint like

The service is remarkable however it is little far from Mall Road and there is no restaurant or any other place nearby to go for . I was not satisfied with my room the manager along with his team member went out of the box to make us feel awesome they not only upgraded our room but constantly look after us that we dont feel anything bad and our happy with our stay. I Oberoi team is awesome

Overall the stay was fantastic and if we go back to Shimla this is where we will stay
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Fantastic property food was very good as well. By far one of the best places I have stayed in. What made it even better was the staff behaviour. We were made to feel special. Our children absolutely loved the entertainment room. Prateek made it a point to inform us every day about the activities and also help us with out sight seeing. Jiten at the restaurant took care and remembered out choices. Urvi and Akshay at the reception were very helpful

The staff were fantastic.

Nothing,

The staff were fantastic. The customer service given was exceptional and they made us feel as valued customers. Shimla and the hotel is truly a magical places. I you visit Shimla this is the only place that I would recommend

Brilliant!

No negatives

Everything about the Cecil exudes charm warmth and opulence. The staff did everything to make feel welcome and special. Best hotel we have ever experienced

Lovely stay at the Cecil with an abundance of old world charm .
    • Premier Double Room

Choice at breakfast less extensive than at other hotels during our trip.

Opulent surroundings . Friendly attentive staff . Afternoon tea in the lounge a very special experience! Lovely pool area .

Incredible
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Went to play snooker in the billiards room but the snooker cue had no tip so impossible to play. Had two treatments in the spa, same treatment each time but very different quality. The first one was out of this world, the second one, with another lady, was bad and very different from the first, even though I choose the same treatment.

In room dinning was amazing. Live music from the lobby/bar piano playing in the evenings. Top class hotel. Excellent WiFi.

We will be back and recommending this place to others.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

There was nothing we did not like apart from having to leave!

The atmosphere and style we unsurpassed. Beautifully-appointed rooms with lots of room and attention to quality. Getting an upgrade to a suite with balcony was wonderful. Staff were courteous, friendly, extremely attentive and personable. They were always there to attend to our needs. They were also extremely generous with their attention at meals and treated us exceptionally well. Very impressed by dinner and also by the gym, pool, steam room etc....good distractions in the rain!

Wonderful 2 day getaway
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

It would have been nice if the rooms had balconies to sit our to enjoy the view.

The entire staff (chefs, restaurant waiters & managers, cleaners, doormen, concierge) was extremely attentive & friendly. We were provided umbrellas to use as it was raining. The kitchen staff offered to pack us lunch to go the day we checked out. The concierge printed us a list of local attractions with descriptions of each one. The chef personally met us to inquire if the food was to our liking and offered to customize dishes for our taste.

Its very good but could be made excellent with a little .....
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Facilities should be improved for people travelling on holiday since I understand majority belong to this category. This may include drop / pick up at defined time (may be 2-3 time a day) - to a point near Mall Road, some party games in late evening involving.

The positive response from staff

The kids activity centre is one of the best that I saw in...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I missed some open space in nature though in the hotel. Services could be better.

The kids activity centre is one of the best that I saw in Oberoi properties. My young one thoroughly enjoyed. Enjoyed the pancakes and the waffles ! Good spread of breakfast.

Amazing stay at Oberoi Cecil
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The food was amazing. The chefs at the property are top class and they spoil you with the variety in terms of food. The staff was very courteous & friendly and the hospitality was top of the line.

Really caring staff and amazing experience over all
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We were pampered so nothing to complain

It's not easy to select places when u have small kids . They will have their eating and playing requirements and not necessarily they will enjoy nature views and long walks . Our kids enjoyed thoroughly in activity center and Indoor swimming pool . Mall road is just 20 mins walk and where all the action is . They provided as an extra bed first night .. following day I was checking on room upgrade they were fully booked . By afternoon I got a call and they surprised me with an upgrade with out any extra charge .. that was so thoughtful of mr vishal ( general manager ) and team . They have gone on many occasions out of the way to help us be at cleaning the baby car seat , parking , directions , surprise cake at night to celebrate anniversary. I was initially confused between wildflower oberoi and Cecil but with kids I am glad I made Cecil my decision. During our stay there where several ministers and vvips staying but not even for one second we felt ignored . That's how the care should be that every one is Vvip

First Oberoi experience - it certainly won't be the last!
    • Luxury Double Room

I wish I could have enjoyed the facilities a bit more. My stay was far too short.

The staff was absolutely amazing - kind and hospitable, helpful and never overbearing. I had a chance conversation with the gentleman who provided turn-down service and was truly struck by the pride he took in his work. The front desk staff also helped me with booking a car service to Chandigarh - they were honest about the hotel car service being costly so provided me with an economical option that they helped arrange for me. It was much cheaper than I could have negotiated on my own. I'm appreciative for the care, pride, and service from the Oberoi Cecil staff. Thank you!

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

The rooms were excellent and we booked a valley view room so...
    • Premier Double Room

The only thing which i didnt like about the property was that some things which i feel are imp were missing in the toiletries provided

The rooms were excellent and we booked a valley view room so the view was also phenomenal plus the hospitality of the staff is really really amazing.All these years Oberoi hotels and the staff keeps surpassing my expectations

Luxury service in historic accomodation with wonderful and perfect stuff

Unfortunately no outside aereas to enjoy the view

High end luxury accomodation with awesome Himalaya view and wonderful stuff. The cuisine is excellent.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

royality.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

royality....everything was very good but the depth of water in the pool was very high for initial depth...and the a/c was not cold enough.....all the staff ware excellent,,very cordial...from dining hall every staffs were very good...also the chef came time to time to understand the food we liked....

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Location perfectly situated within walking distance of the...
    • Luxury Double Room

Location perfectly situated within walking distance of the mall road. Wonderful relaxing warm pool and spa. The staff were extremely helpful and hospitable. We were even given a free room upgrade and cake in honor of our newly wed status.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Wonderful opulent hotel suited to those who want a treat.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

There was not much to like other than the cost - but it was a treat.

The staff were extremely attentive and helpful. The hotel was very comfortable, especially the bed with the most wonderful pillows. The room was spacious, and the public areas suitably ostentatious for such a location. The surprise birthday cake on arrival was also much appreciated.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

The Oberoi Celcil, Shimla, a great place to stay
    • Premier Double Room

Rooms were a little expensive. Rooms were a little small but I think that was supposed to be the style of the Raj era

The whole atmosphere at the hotel was wonderful, the services and the staff were excellent.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

it's the signature oberoi hospitality .
    • Premier Double Room

it's the signature oberoi hospitality . The moment you enter oberoi property they make you feel special and put in every possible effort to enhance the luxurious feel . Cecil reminds of the classic architecture , raj era , and rich history related to the site location and property itself . Menu should be more exotic , carpets and some infrastructure need to be renovated . Late night service lack the zeal and you feel disappointed sometimes .

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

every thing was perfect
    • Premier Double Room

There was a little over Exaggeration on the prices for the one day tour a round Shimla. A full day full tour was quoted about 9000- 10000 rupees verses taking outside private cap for only 1800 Rupees. I stayed 2 days but my check in was too late may be after 7:00 pm so the 1st day no benefit and the 2nd day I was all day out and I left early morning at 4:00 Am. I requested to discount me for the that missing time or may be compensate me with a complementary massage treatment but I failed to convince the management.

every thing was perfect

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

Awesome stay
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

There was no park or open space for outdoor games. May one more resraurant would add little more to the property.

Everything about this just like a dream..very beautiful property with vintage and royal feel.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Good memory.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The spread and choice of breakfast and dinner has been repetitive and very limited.This was the smallest spread and choices amongst all 5 star properties I have been too(Min 50)

Courteoys staff and supply of mineral water

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

luxury in the lap of nature
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

nothing....we wish we had stayed much longer

such wonderful staff and an excellent hotel....most luxurious i have been to ...heated pool with snow outside the window was priceless.....we were there on 16-jan 2017 and it snowed.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

Far too overpriced for what it is, one visit was enough
    • Luxury Double Room

for a country hotel it lacks an outdoor sitting-dining-smoking area. There is nowhere to sit quietly outside. Unfortunately Shimla is beseiged by rampaging monkeys that jump over everything, I see this as a big negative.

the staff were great!!

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

excellent services
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

the best hotel facility.the staffs are remarkable. i left my medicine bag and as a traveler, i need my medicine in foreign land. the hotel staffs send me the bag safely from shimla to delhi .. really thanks to them.

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

Spoilt by Outstanding service!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The drive to shimla is arduous for poor kids.. motion sickness issues

Truly super outstanding service..in a different league to most.. Oberoi group you have spoilt us for life:) The pool.. balmy 31deg water while its 3-4 deg outside. warmer than peak summer outdoor pool temp.. valley view rooms! Worth every penny

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Go for Cecil.You will love the hospitality.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I was promised a city view room by booking.com but could only view parking and road from the room. The Guest relation at Cecil was kind enough to change my room after first night.I would have checked out after first night without the change in room. Can't blame the hotel.

Good Location, Excellent Staff, Fantastic service and facilities which make the property unique and memorable.Kidz enjoyed the facilities.Longing to revisit them

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

Overall hotel was very neat & clean and worth to stay there.
    • Premier Double Room

I booked premium valley view room and expecting balcony in my room but not found.🙁

Helping Staff always ready to serve you, finger licking delicious food, comfort room with lots of space, temp. controlled indoor swimming pool and most important kids play zone which had something for everyone...😊

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

A few Pounds well spent
    • Premier Double Room

Bath didn't drain well. That's about it.

We were fortunate to have perfect weather but the staff at the Cecil were perfect too. We loved Shimla and this hotel (& its staff) were exceptional.

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

Moderately recommended
    • Luxury Double Room

The staff, at least in one instance appeared a little racist. They appear to have a Raj-era hangover.

Luxurious place with some old world charm thrown in.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Very helpful staff
    • Luxury Double Room

Staff were very happy to help to try to rearrange our train back to Delhi from Kalka and book a car to take us from Shimla to Kalka. All staff were wonderful.

• Reviewed: 10 September 2016

Fantastic hotel, great location and very friendly staff.
    • Luxury Double Room

Fantastic hotel, great location and very friendly staff. Knowing our travel plans the hotel arranged non-hotel private taxi (much cheaper) for us which was very kind. The staff go out of their way to please and are very polite.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

Lap of luxury ... Must experience
    • Premier Double Room

Very courteous staff. Who take care of minutest of the details to make your experience better than the best. Swimming pool BEAUTIFUL. Better than Atlantis DUBAI

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Amazing place with awesome people
    • Premier Double Room

The property is extremely beautiful with prime location. The views are awesome and the cherry on top is the amazing staff who is always ready to help you with anything that u might need. They were considerate enough to pack us a breakfast for our journey to Chandigarh since we did not have our breakfast as we had to leave early.

Pool

Balcony

Pool Restaurant

excellent service standard as always!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

excellent service standard as always!

Staff was excellent at the property
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Staff was very courteous. They made our stay memorable.

Everything, restaurant is excellent with great staff...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Everything, restaurant is excellent with great staff attitude.

Would stay again shortly

Staff if excellant

Very expensive.

Very expensive. Did not get any value for money

The food was great and desserts were awesome .
    • Premier Double Room

A health faucet is a must .

The food was great and desserts were awesome . The choice of wine was also superb.

Its a must stay!!

Nothing. Its perfection

The staff. The food. The ambience and feel.

Good

View of the room

Property location Food Staff

Over all a very pleasant stay
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Too much traffic on both the sides need double glazing to ward off the traffick sound

Lovely staff very beautiful location good food

Wow stay

Great staff and service Good Facilites and location

A special mention to Prateek Gulati , the Asst Manager and to Raj Kumar, the chef.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The hospitality and courtesy extended by the team at the Cecil was fantastic. The food was even better!

Best part was kids activity centre and the hotel staff.

Everything was fine.

Best part was kids activity centre and the hotel staff. All season pool is amazing too.

A once in a lifetime experience. Absolutely perfect.

Everything was perfect.

The food was excellent and the Chef went out of his way to make sure we tasted the finest cuisine.

Best in Shimla

No garden

Extremely warm and helpful staff. Always and everyone smiling

I have stayed in so many hotels around the world but never...

Quality of food

I have stayed in so many hotels around the world but never seen so helpful & dedicated staff in any hotel

Wonderful stay

Super friendly staff. Amazing views. Great food and good access

Comfortable enjoyable
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Altitudes towards children very friendly

Property has spectacular view and our stay was very...

Property has spectacular view and our stay was very comfortable..

Awesome !

Car service .

From the room , room service , everything was perfect . The chauffeur and car service could have been complimentary .

Absolutely wonderful
    • Luxury Double Room

A very atmospheric place. The location could not be better

Must visit

Liked almost everything

Location , staff & architecture

The twin beds were so small

The twin beds were so small

Memorable trip

Hospitality

Hospitality

Staff is too sensible, polite and friendly, must stay
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Nothing, everything was very good

Property is really excellent, superb

not a thing i did not like !

amazing experience

not a thing i did not like !

Great stay, was perfect !
    • Premier Double Room

Great stay, was perfect !

Excellent hospitality

Excellent hospitality

The best hotel I have ever been.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The best hotel I have ever been.

relaxed, enjoyable short break with family

Awesome experience ..

A corner of paradise with a British flavour
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The staff was full of care andvery kind, excellent establishment and cleanliness. Very high standards of hospitality.