Reviews of The Oberoi Grand Kolkata 5 stars

15 Jawaharlal Nehru Road, 560001 Kolkata, India

#1 of 191 hotels in Kolkata

Fantastic stay
    • Luxury Double Room

Amazing hotel with a lot of charm ! Staff very professional and kind. Very good restaurants. Big and quiet bedrooms. It was a very nice place to stay in Kolkata (Calcutta) Eden in the middle of the city. We walked around the city on Sunday to see buildings and monuments. Not too much to do in this city but we enjoyed the hotel and the swimming-pool I appreciated this hotel because is very well located and very quiet It is Fantastic place !

Price was very good for the facilities and service.
    • Luxury Double Room

Pricing of drinks, even coffee, is quite expensive even for international standards. Also a reminder that INR2000 tax must be added on price.

Price was very good for the facilities and service. Comfortable rooms, great restaurants and pool area. Staff was the best!

Comfortable bed.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Even after mentioning many times about particular food allergies and gluten intolerance, they ignored my request and kept serving food that had gluten and soya bean oil. Me and my kids became sick and we couldn't go to anywhere because of it. I could not believe that such a renowned hotel doesn't take people's illness seriously. Another thing is they keeps knocking on the door every 2/3 hours and just asks silly question. Couldn't even rest properly.

Comfortable bed.

The perfect property for a simple staycation
    • Deluxe Double Room

Carpets were really dirty, the bathroom kinda tiny, would make simple tasks like brushing your teeth really uncomfortable if there's another person inside. The pool's also really small. But it really wont be a bother, pretty much everything else will make up for it.

Loved how polite and professional their entire group of staff were. Mostly every five star hotel is the same, there isn't really a lot of differences, but the behaviour of their staff is probably the reason why I'd be staying there again. Aditi is a total sweetheart, give her a raise.

Very Good

NIL

Nice and concerned staff.... They took care of us very well... After checking in I realised my soap and tooth paste was getting over.... When I came back in the evening i found same brand soap and toothpaste was kept for me..... Appreciate the extra efforts for my comfort.

Excellent building with excellent staff.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The pillows were too soft. I should have asked for firmer ones.

I returned after two weeks touring West Bengal fir one night before my flight home. It was nice to be remembered by so many members of staff from my previous four day stay.

Heavenly place with so much history
    • Deluxe Double Room

I was charged mistakenly twice for dinner which was later fixed

The service was out of the world. Friendly staff. Oberoi is the definitely the best hotel I’ve stayed so far

Another memorable stay at Oberoi. Thanks to the team for their warm hospitality.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Hand shower in the restrooms in the Lobby.

Very well trained staff. Excellent service with a personal touch. The food and service at Three Sixty Three ° and BanThai was superb. The bed and the pillows were super comfortable. The staff went an extra mile to make our stay comfortable.Thanks to the Oberoi team for their warm hospitality and great customer service. Had a great stay. Highly recommended.

Great place to unwind within the bustling city centre.
    • Luxury Double Room

There is nothing you can't like like about the property.

The property is located in the heart of the city with easy access to popular tourist and commercial areas such as Victoria Memorial ,Park Street and Alipore Zoo. From the bustling market right outside, you enter a tranquil heritage property, with the warmth of the hotel staff, everything planned for guests down to the last T. The rooms with high ceilings and classic furnishing give a tasteful vintage look without compromising on the comfort. We travelled with our 1 year old baby and she was looked after specially well by the entire staff.

Enjoyed our short stay, will visit again
    • Luxury Double Room

staff were very courteous helpful and always smiling, cleanliness excellent, breakfast excellent with variety of fresh juices and fruits, comfortable bed and good lighting

Beautiful and stylish hotel, staff incredibly helpful and...
    • Luxury Double Room

The room itself and especially the bathroom was a bit dated in comparison to the foyer and other main areas

Beautiful and stylish hotel, staff incredibly helpful and welcoming (I have been told by staff that the Oberoi is rated as an excellent employer within the industry) and excellent breakfast (cardamom lassi was amazing)

I had been working in Bhutan, & needed a few days rest...
    • Deluxe Double Room

I had been working in Bhutan, & needed a few days rest before coming home, I had been to Oberoi before & loved it, & I loved it again this time!!!! The staff were amazing, as was food & room thank you I will be back & bring my friends

1.The bed was not comfortable.
    • Luxury Double Room

1.The bed was not comfortable. They need to be replaced and aldo needs thick comfortable premium quality mattress pad! 2.The cleaning crew left the cleaning material in the room and didnt leave any water 💦 bottles. 3.The breakfast seemed very basic.

Great location and fantastic staff.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The key card to our room had to be changed 3 times. Don’t keep the card anywhere in the vicinity of your phone if you want it to work!

Great location and fantastic staff. Difficult to believe your in New Market when you walk through the doors of this hotel.

Overrated place, not value for money
    • Luxury Double Room

Bath tub was a damper as it was not comfortable and built well. There was no drain for water spills and bathroom was often wet. The website says about bath tub but in reality it was not at all good especially for a european styled room. Also no complimentary bath salts are given. The front staff didn't understand what this meant when enquired. Lights in the room were terrible. There were too many bright lights with limited control, you can either light up the whole room or be in darkness. TV was really bad quality for this high-quality place. The picture on screen were totally bad as it was a very old model tv. Food and alcohol beverage choices were extremely poor considering the rating of this place. There is no greenery in the area or any garden around the property for relaxing. This was disappointing because most of the time you have to just be in your room watching bad tv or sit around the swimming pool. Overall not a great place, wouldn't stay here again. Charges are very high for room and food (and beverages) but it is not worth the price. I think it is extremely overrated and is not worth all the high price and rating.

The staff were very friendly and courteous. The front desk and inhouse dining staff were also very nice people. Loved the staff attitude and politeness. The bed was super comfy albeit being little small for 2 people. Pillow were ok. Free parking is available and valet is good.

Perfect stay
    • Premier Double Room

Excellent property and the best service in town (after having tried other hotels), dedicated staff, non-intrusive, extremely clean rooms, beautiful and well maintained interiors, tasty breakfast with good selection of restaurants inside the hotel (restaurants also provide a light meal section, which is rare enough to be highlighted), good gym opened 24 hours, possibility to pay for additional high-speed WIFI (always appreciated for business travelers)

A royal experience in a British flashback
    • Deluxe Double Room

A gorgeous simply magic stay of a night , the staff simple welcoming you as a royal, attention to the details in the room and to your requests. Good Providence of informations they offered me a cake and a book. The hotel was reminding me the grandeur of British era and transported me in 19th century. From check in up to breakfast and bar check out everything is well manage to make you enjoy and feel comfortable.

Soul, elegance and history
    • Luxury Double Room

Liked everything. Actually not liked, loved.

Exceptional soul and kindness here. Such friendly and professional staff. A wonderful old property oozing with history... luxury but not over the top 'bling'. Enjoyed possibly the best breakfasts ever :-) A refuge from the hustle and bustle of Kolkata, yet right in the middle of it all. I felt sad to leave.

Great stay in the heart of Kolkata!
    • Luxury Double Room

Everything in that hotel is perfect. My room with the view on the pool area was so great. The staff is so helpful and the food is SO GOOD! I stayed there 7 nights and will definately go back. Great place to relax with an amazing location close to everything. I big thanks to ATUL and TARUN at the reception. Those guys made my stay at Oberoi a wonderful one!

It was fine
    • Luxury Double Room

Poor value for money in restaurant and otherwise overpriced menus includiNg the spa, ridiculous air pick up charge which ideally should be complimentary

The bedding and room decor was good as well as lobby furnishing

Phenomenal hotel and staff, see you next year!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Everything, spectacural hotel. They arranged cake and flowers for my girlfriend on arrival as it was her birthday also. I could not recommend this place more

The luxury stay for Kolkata
    • Deluxe Double Room

Disliked doesn't hit it. The new restaurant and bar is a bit cold for the style of the other parts of the house. That seems to transfer to the meals. Not that they are bad but we found those 18 month ago more inspired. Also the wine list misses some of the better Indian wines which go better with the Indian food as those from abroad. The Thai-Restaurant is more charming and the kitchen is better.

It' a luxury hotel in the bare sense of the word, what is incrreased by the starck contrast to its sourroundings if you step through the archway into the courtyard. For Kolkata it is the place to stay, if you want to afford it. Most of the sights are in reasonable distance and the metro is at the front door.

A little care can change ones precious moments while touring
    • Luxury Double Room

Some Restaurant attendents were more courtious with foreigners than us and were ignoring our placed orders.Some chefs were really very cooperative.

Ambience, Main reception staff

I have stayed at the Grand before and enjoyed it much more...
    • Premier Double Room

1. The breakfast dining service was very slow. Staff frequently forgot orders and had to be reminded several times. It seems there were a lot of trainees. They were nice but not very efficient and made the breakfast experience tiring. One night we ordered ice creams by the pool and had to get up 3 times to remind them. It finally arrived 45 minutes or more later. 2. The soaps and bath foam were not thoughtfully filled up regularly and I had to bath with the shampoo once as I did not realize and was already wet in the shower. The last time there was enough soap compared to this time. 3. The check out luggage service is extremely slow. There are not enough staff to fetch suitcases, nor equipment to handle multiple suitcases causing bags to fall. 4. Also sometimes the lifts don't work well and staff shrug it off to being an old hotel. I wish the hotel would take this seriously and find a way to modernize these old lifts retaining the antic look. I could not locate a stairwell easily nor was it well marked/labeled in case of emergency nor did staff explain in case of power outages or other emergencies. It was an unsettling feeling. They should brief all guests of exit points at room check in time. All in all the staff are very polite and try their best to be helpful but the service was not up to the mark. They all seemed overwhelmed everywhere even the front desk staff seem young and new. One of the main reasons I decided to stay at the Grand was for the service. I left feeling like it was a normal hotel with a high price tag. I would re-consider to stay at the Grand next time and look for other hotel options in the future.

I have stayed at the Grand before and enjoyed it much more the last time compared to this time. The check in is fast and efficient and so is check out. The cold towels and lemon ice tea is a nice touch. I couldn't eat too much breakfast on the day we were traveling back and the chef offered to make simple chicken sandwitches for me to eat at the airport. We were 4 girls traveling back and shared quarters. It was a nice gesture and much appreciated.

Overall stay was excellent and something to remember about
    • Deluxe Double Room

The price that was charged seemed to bit high.The price could be cut down to atleast 20%.

We liked the breakfast.The staff was also very helpful in every ways

The Grande Dame of Chowringhee has it all!!

Nothing really.

This is an extraordinarily comfortable hotel to stay at in a great location but it is its staff who are the real stars. I fell sick late one Thursday evening requiring a trip to the Emergency Department of a major Calcutta Hospital. The hotel staff organised it all (Nabil, in particular) and had one of their one own (Jagdeep) stay with me at the hospital through the wee small hours of the following morning as the doctors undertook various tests. I was feeling really ill and having someone there from the hotel really lifted my morale. The staff member also undertook the role of liaison person with the doctors and hospital staff and conveyed all information to and from me and paid my bills with the money I provided. The following day, although I was still feeling really ill, I needed to cancel the remainder of my trip to India and adjust my international flights in order to fly home early. One of the concierges (Tarun) took this all on board and attended to all that I needed on this front enabling me to fly home the following day to attend to my medical issues.

Simply "The best place in Kolkata"
    • Deluxe Double Room

Simply The Best Place to Stay in Kolkata! I stayed twice at the Oberoi in Kolkata and it was perfect on both occasions. The breakfast in beautiful, the swimming pool is peaceful and nice pool service too, the laundry team were super helpful and managed to get our garments ready really fast. The reception team is super professional and helpful, they made our stay very pleasant. The rooms are beautiful, traditional, clean, and the food is soooo good!

Comfortable stay, making me want to repeat the experience

Rather slow service in 363

Room: bed was very comfortable. Furnishings etc were elegant though a bit dated. Bathroom had necessary toiletries Complimentary tea and coffee appreciated Our luggage hadn’t arrived and the staff were very helpful both at airport and hotel. They did what should have been done by the airline, Jet Airways

Exceptional
    • Premier Double Room

Staff extremely friendly and service oriented, everyone passionate about their jobs. No one expected tips and in fact one declined offer given hotel policy - unthinkable in India !

Very nice stay. Likely to return on my next visit to Kolkata.
    • Premier Double Room

Very little. Only 2 restaurants but 1 does a good selection of multi national cuisine.

Fantastic service by very attentive staff. Hotel is in a very good location - convenient for several of the sights / attractions. The hotel itself is an interesting building. Great pool and garden area. Good food and service.

We will come back any time!
    • Luxury Double Room

Loved the renoveted breakfast/ restaurant/ bar area. Beautiful and very tasteful done. It goes perfect with the colonial style of the hotel. The food, dinner and as well the breakfast has been just wonderful. The perfect amount of food.

EXCELLENT BREAKFAST
    • Luxury Double Room

EXCELLENT BREAKFAST A LARGE CHOIS OF FRESH JUICES, CROISSANT, YOUGURTS, CHEESE ETC ETC GOOD TO CHARGE A MORNING !!!!! AN AMAZING POOL TO JUMP INN BEFORE TO GO OUT TO EXPLORE THE CITY, WITH AN AMAZING GUY SAGAR THAT HE'S CARING VERY MUCH OF YOUR RELAX AND GIVE YOU MANY EXECELLENT SUGGESTIONS ABOUT PLACE TO VISIT IN THE CITY.

A jewel in the crown
    • Luxury Double Room

I can’t come up with anything.

This is undoubtably one of the best hotels in all India. Everything is near perfection. I gave this place a 10 out of 10 score - a first for me.

Outstanding!!!!
    • Luxury Double Room

The hotel should offer more deals.....

The variety in your breakfast menu and the eagerness of your staffs to prepare something more ( beyond the menu) with a constant smiling face......

Amazing and friendly staff.
    • Luxury Double Room

Amazing and friendly staff. Very comforting. Exceptional service. Great patio, pool and palm garden. I felt more comforted than at the Taj Mahal Palace in Mumbai. I had not expected it, but this has been one of the best hotel stays ever. Unexpectedly. 5 Stars plus.

Nice place. Recommended if you have taste.
    • Premier Double Room

This is an extremely good hotel in an unlovely city. The pool area is very nice, breakfast is great. The building itself has an old colonial charm. They've done well to avoid making it as glitzy and garish as many other 5* hotels in Kolkata and retain its old world charm. Incredibly welcoming and helpful staff- although some of the waiting staff were a little too eager to please and it became slightly annoying. Recommended for the discerning travelling who craves a little bit of luxury.

Really nice stay
    • Deluxe Double Room

Price on booking didn't include 30% of taxes which is written in small character... Room was smelling humidity

This is grandiose! The concierge is great to help us with anything. Room are nice and hotel is great! A great break from Kolkata chaos

A quiet haven in Kolkata
    • Deluxe Double Room

It is old, and the rooms and bathrooms needs to be renovated, especially bathrooms and the carpeted floors. The yoga teacher was a joke. It was also too cold to do yoga outside at 07:30 in the morning in January.

Grand enterence and lobby, and the location cannot be better. Smack in the middle of the chaos, but so quiet. Staff is also really friendly and helpful.

Will be staying at this hotel again.
    • Deluxe Double Room

I didn't like the hawkers outside the hotel. Could not walk comfortably on the sidewalk.

The service was excellent, breakfast was of a very high standard.Excellent variety of food. I would like to mention the service provided by Santanu and the cleaning lady(Idli) was exceptional.

Good
    • Deluxe Double Room

Over Booking of dinner. Had to walk out of hotel and call in room service for dinner. Resturants were over booked. Residents could not be accommodated.

class

I've returned to the Grand many times - it's always a pleasure to return albeit and expensive one!
    • Deluxe Double Room

The rooms are very 'heritage' and while some might find this good others might find them tired looking. They are very large and well equipped. The bathrooms are always well stocked with good towels but the bathrooms themselves could be cleaner. There is also some noise intrusion from the street during the day, although remember this is Calcutta and to be expected, and if you can get one then even numbered rooms over looking the pool and garden are much quieter and have a better out look.

The Grand is ideally located in central Calcutta and is an oasis from the world outside. The staff are always attentive and friendly and the overall service is excellent. The pool, surrounded by trees and the gardens, is a pleasant relief from the world outside and a great place to unwind. The new breakfast/dinning room (360˚) is a considerable improvement with an excellent choice.

Great hotel for tourists. In the middle of the madness but once inside it's an oasis comfort, quiet
    • Premier Double Room

I didn't particularly like that there was not a separate entrance for guests. You walk right out the front door onto the entryway for cars, taxis, etc. and out the gates into the mass of people. At night it felt like you were in a fortress - they close the gates after a certain time.

This was a quaint, older, grand hotel - an oasis once inside amid the massive crowds and chaos of the streets right outside the premises. The breakfast buffet was pretty amazing.

A Perfect Hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room

Loved everything about this hotel. Every time we entered the hotel after being in the busy street out front it was like walking in to an oasis.

Memorable for all the right reasons.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Expensive but we knew that from a previous visit.

The staff were friendly and always ready to help. Lots of choice in the breakfast. The quality of food and service very high.

• Deluxe Double Room

There isn’t much of a view of the city. The only rooms with a view are the ones facing the pool

Service is exemplary. Staff is extremely helpful and friendly. They made our stay so comfortable that we intend to return to the property just for that!

Their price to be picked up from the airport. Was way too much.better to get your own taxi unless you have a complimentary pick up.

Comfortable bed, close to markets, excellent service

Amazing!
    • Luxury Double Room

Cupboard knob broke as soon as we opened it. Corners of the room really dirty and the room probably needed renovation.

The housekeeping left a painting set for me once they saw that I liked art. Thrilled! Chocolate doughnuts at the breakfast oh my god.

Very comfortable and enjoyable experience!
    • Deluxe Double Room

The pool could have bene heated so that the children could have enjoyed their swim as that was one of the main reason for choosing this hotel and our youngest find it was too could di get in.

The staff were very attentive and extremely polite and helpful. They made the children feel very welcome.

• Deluxe Double Room

There was a rattling noise in our room which meant we had to sleep with earplugs in. The location itself was also very loud and often too crowded to leave the hotel. Beware of the laundry fees! The laundry service is very overpriced.

Exceptionally helpful, courteous and accommodating staff. Very impressed with the staff throughout our entire stay. Great breakfast and dining.

Nothing short of excellent.
    • Luxury Double Room

This hotel is superb in every way. From the crowded noisy exciting streets of Kolkata you step in the door to spacious quiet luxury. The staff at this hotel is the best I’ve ever seen. It is a welcome peaceful oasis!

Old world charm
    • Luxury Double Room

Facilities are dated Wifi patchy Front desk managed by inexperienced young people

Old world charm Close to New Market Good but expensive restaurant

Great hotel
    • Premier Double Room

Staff could have been more helpful for an Oberoi hotel. Getting in and out of the hotel by car can be a little challenging due to the traffic around the hotel.

This is a lovely property. Centrally located. The heritage look and feel of the hotel is really nice. Food is great.

A beautiful place to stay while in Kolkata

It's fairly expensive, but you feel that the money is worth it.

Fantastic property with a view into history. The first Oberoi property in India doesn't disappoint.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Excellent, enjoyed the stay, the entire team was very well trained and helpful, couldn't ask for mor
    • Deluxe Double Room

The breakfast was excellent , but you could make the experience better since Kolkata is known for street food, by having matka chai also along with your excellent singhadas

Soft pillows , excellent toiletries, spacious room

The staff went out of their way to make my stay extremely comfortable.
    • Luxury Double Room

The bed was perfect. I have a very bad back, and that bed was absolutely divine. I needed non-mineral water for a drinking source, and a staff member searched around and found me a well-known American bottled water, Aquafina. For those traveling in India, it is all about the water source! I cannot thank the staff enough for making my stay an oasis of comfort.

The hotel is absolutely amazing.
    • Premier Double Room

The hotel is absolutely amazing. Its beautiful, comfortable and clean. And it has the best staff I have ever met in any hotel. The receptionists, the concierge, housekeeping, the security guards, staff from the reastaurants - everyone was extremely helpful and friendly! Definitely top quality.

Good experience
    • Deluxe Double Room

The room is a little wear and tear though and the noise from the outside of the street is annoying in the morning.

Very helpful staff at front desk on arrival and answering questions. The overall premises is very British style. The breakfast place is bright and fairly good choice of food. Have tried the spa which is also good.

Like returning home

The rooms need renovation ! Some of them are musty and looking shabby ,

Staff interaction ! From the housekeeping to pool to front desk , extremely helpful courteous and knowledgeable,, makes a considerable difference , we think the oberoi family in all their properties have the most amazing staff.and that is what makes them extra special ,

Excellent customer service and great location
    • Luxury Double Room

Spa people are excellent (reception and therapist) but rooms are old and not well maintained. Bathroom in room very small and a bit old.

Sarah moreover at the restaurant but many others are extremely kind and consistent (spa people, laundry, housekeeping, front office). Perfect location, great food, nice rooms

Not as good as I’d hoped

Both myself and my partner where taken Ill after his lunch and my breakfast.I have contacted the hotel but still not heard from them.It impacted on the rest of the trip

Staff helpful and surroundings and location great

Excellent hotel in the city center.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Nice rooms, ac adjustable. Two good restaurants and bar. Good in-room dining. Excellent service from A - Z. Situated in lively area (shops, market). Nice pool area.

The best stay I have ever had in a hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room

There wasn't anything I feel they could have done better

I cannot recommend this hotel enough, it was my partners birthday whilst we were there and they made it a truly special trip. From the moment we arrived it was 5* and it stayed that way for the whole trip.

Oberoi, the place to stay
    • Deluxe Double Room

I was looking for things which may upsets me, but could not find any. I even got free sweet (Mithai)

what to say, Oberoi is always remain Oberoi, Class and standards - the rest shall learn from them. thank you for great stay.

From the time I was greeted to the time I left my experience was 5 star.
    • Deluxe Double Room

I had one of the best meals I have ever eaten at the Tai Restaurant, and had one of the best, restful night's sleep ever. Beautiful decor, wonderful, helpful staff, and the pool was heavenly to swim in.

Lovely hotel in Calcutta
    • Deluxe Double Room

I wouldn't recommend the Thai restaurant Baan Thai, and the airport transfers that the hotel organised were unreasonably expensive

This hotel was quite beautiful with lovely staff and a nice atmosphere. The room was really comfortable with natural feeling air-conditioning and a great bed. Breakfast was always nice and the restaurant 363 served great food.

Excellent hotel, best service and great beds.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The second you step through the gates of the Grand Oberoi Kolkata you step into this world of pure luxury, service and quality. The staff is extremely courteous and want to make your stay memorable, every little detail has been thought of. For example our messy tangled phone charge leads were being wrapped together with little Velcro strips by the household staff, something so small but such a nice attention to detail! Would love to stay longer, excellent food, lovely swimming pool with again great service (complimentary mineral water, rose water spray and sun screen), and the comfiest bed ever. We loved it!

Loved the great service and the hospitality was indeed...
    • Premier Double Room

Loved the great service and the hospitality was indeed commendable. Looking forward to visiting Kolkata and stay amidst the hectic city with Oberoi Grand again!

Perfect. Charming, accomodating staff. Lovely spa experience. Great architecture & interior design.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Wonderful experiences throughout my 3 day stay. Slightly high meal prices, otherwise fabulous.

Fantastic experience. Very friendly & accomodating staff & management team. All requests met promptly. Room very clean, attention to detail. Beautiful facilities & furniture, pool side staff attentive & lovely. Pleasant scent throughout hotel. Security staff wonderful. Breakfast delicious, two restaurant choices offered a selection of very tastey food. Beautiful experience with spa facilities & staff. Management team extremely helpful. Staff who took care of room facilities absolutely charming & very considerate.

The best option in Kolkata - a true hotel legend
    • Deluxe Double Room

Everything! The exceptional service, the breakfast, the poolside cocktails. They provided a complimentary cake and flowers too as it was our honeymoon - which they proactively asked about. Quality service without being overbearing

I very much enjoyed my stay and would recommend the Oberoi Grand to everyone.
    • Deluxe Double Room

More rooms with twin beds would be great. When one is travelling with friends, a double bed is often not acceptable.

Unfortunately, I was ill for the entire time of our stay. If you need to be in a hotel when you are sick, yours is the one to choose. Service was impeccable, the room and view from the balcony were very comforting and my interactions with your house doctor were very helpful.

Hidden colonial hotel that takes you back in time
    • Deluxe Double Room

Bathrooms are very small but clean

Breakfast is great and good spread available. Restaurants available are beautifully designed and good food. Location is ace if you like to be in walking distance of shops, hustle and bustle. The room is spacious and colonial in style. Nice welcome drinks too!

Old World Style and Service in the Heart of Kolkata!
    • Luxury Double Room

We thought the hotel restaurant Baan Thai was poor value for money. We had dinner one night - it cost £100 which is a lot for India and we didn't think it was worth it for the quality of the food. Service was very good however.

Incredible service and attention to detail - little touches like folding your charger cables in a special Oberoi velcro wrapper, leaving ice out for you so you can pour yourself a drink in your room, helping you with phone calls to local people etc. All done with a wonderful smile!

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay i

Our stay was too short

Surroundings are incredible and staff made our stay extra special, remembering every little thing about every guest and being very friendly at all times

The location is very convenient.
    • Deluxe Double Room

There is no cake shop or similar on the property. Couldn't order a cake for my daughter

The location is very convenient. The property once inside form the road is a different world from Kolkata. Everything about the welcome and the rooms and the God were excellent I

Good, comfortable stay and really good and personalised service.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Finding a taxi while going from the hotel looked streneous.

The view from the room was fantastic. It was quiet and had a comfortable and good night's sleep.

Browse The Oberoi Grand Kolkata traveller photo gallery