Reviews of The Oberoi Mumbai 5 stars

Nariman Point , Nariman Point, 400021 Mumbai, India

#1 of 383 hotels in Mumbai

9.7

• Room Category Assigned on Arrival

without a shadow of a doubt The Oberoi Mumbai is the best hotel in the world in terms of overall luxury hotel experience. Location is perfect, Food is amazing, customer service is absolutely brilliant. The butler services provide you with all services you need and all tailored to fit your needs. The hotel is exceptionally clean. The gym is brill! Breakfast is of a high quality. Staff working at The Oberoi really pays attention to every single small details.

the rooms are small and can get a bit tight

great food, but the best was the service. There was a delay in serving our lunch order. The staff gave us the most extraordinary dessert as an apology. Totally unexpected and I was so touched.

• Oberoi Executive Suite - Free WiFi

Absolutely nothing!!

Great location, beautiful property & impeccable service. Great attention to detail by house keeping and every single member of staff that I came across was genuinely willing to ensure we are comfortable & seemed to take great pride in their job & company they are working for. Nothing was too much for them & I never heard any excuse. I have stayed in various high end hotels across the world from Sydney to London to Los Angeles but I have to admit this place has pleasantly surprised me big time and I can't wait to go back again. Thanks

nothing here!

Amazing experience given by staff esp at the Fenix and Room service!!! hats off! You've redefined service...Chef Sahil, thank you for taking care of us !!!

• Room Category Assigned on Arrival

Location, food and excellent staff house keeping staff was amazing thanks to Bella also guest relations was excellent she made our stay memorable Radhika thanks

• Luxury Double or Twin Room - Free WiFi

The hotel staff were proficient and the best . The check in was seamless and the hotel rooms were clean and comfortable . Staff like Ms. Moii and Puja are assets to the hotel . Awesome experience which really make oberoi a hotel destination beyond comparison . The location is the best in whole of mumbai .

• Room Category Assigned on Arrival

The breakfast could have more on the menu

This place is amazing! The staff are very nice and helpful, the rooms are very clean, its location is perfect

• Room Category Assigned on Arrival

The breakfast buffet would be more enjoyable if you provide life cooking and to provide more variety of food rather than same breakfast every day.

The staff were very helpful which makes our stay very comfortable specially when we ask for any service.

• Room Category Assigned on Arrival

The breakfast variety of options was disappointing, especially compared to other similar standard and priced hotels in Mumbai.

If you want to be in the older part of Mumbai on Marine Drive, the location is excellent. The room service food was excellent. The staff and service was also excellent.

• Oberoi Executive Suite Ocean View - Free WiFi

That I had to stick my key in the elevator each time I went up. The sensor had to be aligned just right for it to respond. Same for the room. It is entirely possible it was because of me fumbling around with the key.

Nariman Point is a beautiful spot to end up at after a long journey, the courtesy of the bright eyed hotel staff, the kind chauffeurs who picked me up from and to the airport and gave me a tour of the city, the unobstructed and spacious ocean view suite, the quiet and complete gym, and the ocean view cafe were standard expectations of mine and I was fully satisfied. I have no reason to stay elsewhere. The exceptional elements of customer service I commend you for and hope you continue to excel at are: use of luxury cars for shuttles, the best laundry service ever, delicious room service menu, and the otherworldly fine dining experience in Mumbai at the Ziya.

• Room Category Assigned on Arrival

The personal check in service was exceptional. Easy process from airport pick up to in room check in. Amazing staff in all areas of the hotel, so attentive and kind

Nothing to dislike!

Phenomenal place with superb restaurant and nice bar. The location is great and it’s probably the cleanest hotel I’ve ever stayed. The staff is awesome. The place to stay in Mumbai.

• Premier Double or Twin Room with Ocean View - Free WiFi

Two of the bellman were extraordinarily helpful and kind to me, by the names of Stany and Omkar. I was traveling alone and they resolved problems for me, always being courteous and offering extra care.

• Room Category Assigned on Arrival

The staff treats you like royalty. It really covers up any flaw you may find. Special regards to Chef Ankoosh as he made sure to enjoy every meal at the hotel

• Room Category Assigned on Arrival

Fabulous return visit to the Oberoi. The service and facilities are first class. The restaurants of the highest quality. Rooms and beds really comfortable.

• Room Category Assigned on Arrival

The lobby is not well designed, and compared to it's neighboring hotel Trident its congested and needs ventilation . The reception desk gave us wrong info about the nearest ATM machine which was next door at its partner hotel but the receptionist said we have to go out and cross the street to the bank! Also, she promised a fruit basket as a complimentary but she did not deliver, i guess because we did not tip her! We asked for the ATM machine for that purpose! The breakfast was included but we only ate there once because i got a stomach problem after my first breakfast. I got a diarrheal, therefore this made me eat my breakfast outside.

The room was of a good size. The housekeeping staff was good and friendly. The location is good and the view is nice. They have security check at the entrance. It is linked to its partner hotel and a small high-end gallery for brands like Gucci and so. Starbucks is a short walk away. People smile and try to help. The lobby is huge but almost ugly and has a limited number of seats as it is not using the space well.

NOTHING

Everything. The beautifully decorated room, amazing washroom amenities, the view from the room, great breakfast, superb staff...there is nothing I absolutely didn’t love about the hotel.

• Premier Double or Twin Room with Ocean View - Free WiFi

It looked and felt, and I give them credits, because of the 2008 terrorist attacks, like a prison for the rich The food in the restaurants was awefull

• Room Category Assigned on Arrival

The room was lovely, super clean and had an awesome view of the sea and the garden below! Staff were most polite, helpful and attentive. fabulous location on Marine drive. Great to go for a walk in the evenings...

• Premier Double or Twin Room with Ocean View - Free WiFi

There needed to be a better choice of food and more water available in the rooms for guests.

The hotel provided great service and accommodations. The rooms were immaculate.

• Luxury Double or Twin Room - Free WiFi

The location close to the beach is great As seasoned travelers the personalised service we received was some of the best ever experienced. The breakfast can compare with the best There is always plenty fruit, a variety of cereals, freshly baked breads,, savoury breads plus a huge variety of freshly prepared warm breakfast Definitely a place to stay

• Room Category Assigned on Arrival

Only one word will sum up this hotel and staff which is excellent, we travel a fair bit and have stayed in high hotels but the service and quality which this hotels offers you its notting but luxury.

• Luxury Double or Twin Room - Free WiFi

Very friendly and personal service. The staff makes you feel as if you were the only guest staying at the hotel. Thanks for the lovely birthday cake and roses - an unforgettable stay!

• Luxury Double or Twin Room - Free WiFi

I had a query about the booking which seemed to be answered by a different person each time and they didn't usually seem to know what had previously been discussed. Also the system for extra charges wasn't particularly clear. I booked a twin room, clearly this wouldn't be for one person, and was then charged extra for it being two people.

Very good facilities. Excellent food. Great gym and pool.

• Room Category Assigned on Arrival

Superb location. Excellent staff and services. Excellent cleanliness. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. The breakfast is very,very good. All in all , a superb experience.

• Room Category Assigned on Arrival

The picture-window view included a corner of ocean, but the main thing in front of us was a huge, unattractive partially built tower block with flapping green tarpaulins hanging from it. Ask for an ocean view from the front of the hotel!

2 swimming pools are delightful and the service throughout was exceptionally attentive. All staff we met in the corridors greeted us courteously. The room was very comfortable. We were greeted with celebratory chocolate and roses, had lovely evening cocktails in the bar with live music, followed by delicious dinner in the hotel's Ziya restaurant.

• Room Category Assigned on Arrival

The bed and linen were very comfortable. The bathroom is amazing with a tv and an amazing shower and bath. The food was exceptional and the service. Lovely pool area.

• Room Category Assigned on Arrival

Nothing, it was a perfect stay.

Very clean and nice room, with the bathroom having privacy and space at the same time. Excellent body lotion in the rooms, very nice view and awesome staff to top it all off. Will sure go back again.

• Luxury Double or Twin Room - Free WiFi

The temperature of the heated swimming pool (which was the whole reason why we booked the stay in the first place) was freezing cold and did not get warmer. Didn't really need people platting food for me at Breakfast - could do that myself. The eggs benedict were a bit dodgy - the eggs were not runny and the sauce was like glue.

The staff were very helpful and friendly and little things that made my day. Leaving a cable bag in the room, smelling pouches for my shoes and a handwritten note explaining why they were- very sweet. Flexibility of ordering food for my young children - I was told that I could have anything I wanted for them (as they are quite fussy eaters). The bed and pillows were amazing - small bath robes for the children were a sweet addition. Oh and a great massage!

• Room Category Assigned on Arrival

Nothing was bad i like everything

I like everything in the hotel super clean and the service was more than perfect in all facilities i will come again soon

Having to leave.

The most impressive, professional, pleasant, and accommodating staff I've ever encountered. A truly wonderful experience--from the gentleman who opened the taxi door for my wife, to the tailor, to our housekeeper.

• Room Category Assigned on Arrival

Just a niggle- didn't particularly enjoy the biriyani we ordered on room service, it was a bit wet for my liking, but this could be my own personal taste.

Far exceeded my expectations. However I would expect no less from the Oberoi. Outstanding in every way. From the flowers and cake for my wife for her birthday to the thoughtful note from housekeeping with the Pot Purri for our suitcase. Comfortable and a lovely hotel. The General Manager stopped by to have a chat with us at breakfast which was also a very nice touch. Not surprising that Oberoi for me, is the Worlds Best Hotel chain.

• Room Category Assigned on Arrival

The view from my room was not particularly good but that cannot be blamed on the property.

The courtesy and efficiency of service. The check in on arrival was absolutely first class.

• Room Category Assigned on Arrival

Staff were fabulous. We arrived at 9 am and they checked us in almost immediately with rooms. Food was great and room and view were lovely. Would go back in a heartbeat

• Budget Double Room

this a quiet luxury property with a solicitous staff always available. rooms are clean and quiet. the indian restaurant on the property was good though VERY expensive. the location is a 20 minute walk to the bustle of colaba.

• Room Category Assigned on Arrival

I couldn't choose the type of room I wanted when I booked. The room I was given was looking out into an old building. My husband realised he needed internet access after we checked out and I found their very "stringent" wi-fi rules to be unnecessary. We were not data roaming, & He just needed to quickly check something on his online banking and they insisted he pays 1400 rupees upfront. For a 5 star hotel that makes a lot of money, they could have donated that 5 mins or less of free internet use.

The facility is beautiful and comfortable. And the service was amazing.

• Premier Double or Twin Room with Ocean View - Free WiFi

There's nothing not to like here. But lets nitpick. I wish the Oberoi would have more facilities for much younger kids. All children are welcome here but some restaurants at the property are more welcoming than the others. A couple of the restaurants here do not allow children in the evening. So the staff here would not be so well versed with handling kids. For example, on the first morning the usual multicuisine restaurant where the breakfast is served was full, so the staff very politely ushered us to the Italian restaurant where the same menu was on offer. The staff here didn't seem so comfortable handling little children (aged 3 and an infant), as they weren't used to being visited by children that young. Fair enough. The multicuisine restaurant that usually served breakfast had staff that, on the contrary, excelled at handling the demands of the little one. Having visited other Oberoi properties in India for some meals, I have noticed that they are more in tune with older children say 10 years and above, and not so keen to host the much younger lot. Another example of this would be the Wildflower in Shimla. That said our children very very very happy to be at this hotel. We had also informed the hotel that we would be arriving with little children of the said ages beforehand. Usually they have kids activities eg Cooking with the chef etc for which one may need to express interest to the hotel in advance. So when we checked in they told us that cooking with the chef would not be possible since we needed to give prior notice. Should they have informed us of this activity, we could have done so beforehand. So the thing to keep in mind is that if you're going with young children, best to ask the hotel about the activities in advance and let them know if you're interested. Or better still, I hope the Oberoi can inform the residents in advance and ask if they'd be participating.

I used to believe that The Taj was the pinnacle of luxury and hospitality in India. No more. The Oberoi is now the undisputed King. The quality of service and efficiency of the staff is exceptional. I have resided at some of the best hotels in Asia and the service here is at par or better...... Top notch. And the location was better than any other hotel I have resided at in Mumbai (and I have resided in Mumbai for a period of 7 years before). The lobby is grand, the staff exceeds excellence, and the facilities are fantastic. My family and I really felt pampered. As a bonus you can also use the facilities at the Trident next door, as they are both interconnected. Post this stay I will make it a point to check if the city I'm visiting has an Oberoi, as there's no point in residing any where else.

• Room Category Assigned on Arrival

The breakfast experience was overall nice but the food was actually not amazing. Everything from the buffet was tasty but the hot meals you order from the waiter were just average. Not that it made a big difference but there could be some room for improvement here.

Pretty much everything! The interior design is wonderful, the facilities are great, our room was super comfortable and the bathroom was probably the nicest hotel bathroom I have ever seen in my life. The staff is really nice and friendly. Would definitely stay there again!

• Luxury Double or Twin Room - Free WiFi

Nothing . This hotel is perfect .

This hotel is fabulous . The staff are top class from the butlers to restaurant to reception to staff at door. This hotel is truly exceptional and I only stay in fab hotels all the time. But this hotel is the absolute best and other five hotels should take note and learn.

• Room Category Assigned on Arrival

Had a somewhat bad experience with an outside taxi that was ordered via the concierge/porter.

The staff belongs amongst the politest and nicest ever experienced - top class. Heads up to the people of Ziya (the in-house restaurant) ; keep up the good work !

• Oberoi Executive Suite Ocean View - Free WiFi

We expected the property and the rooms to be more heritage and aesthetically beautiful. Were a bit disappointed in terms of the value for money.

We had a great stay. The hospitality extended by the staff was really nice and the breakfast was amazing.

• Room Category Assigned on Arrival

A very clean, comfortable hotel. The staff were super friendly and helpful in all areas of the hotel. Breakfast was delicious a good menu as well as buffet selections. Dinner in the Italian restaurant was also fabulous. Pool area was lovely. Gym also well appointed. I was so comfortable I didn't want to leave. It was a great way to end my 2 weeks in India.

Concierge services

The food is absolutely incredible, the ambiance of the hotel is amazing. Once you have stayed here it is impossible to compare any other hotel! This is the height of excellence, let’s call it a 7 Star!

• Room Category Assigned on Arrival

Airport pickup was prohibitively expensive so I had to figure out an UBER. At this level I would have preferred a free airport pickup.

Very nice rooms. Restaurant food is good.

• Luxury Double or Twin Room - Free WiFi

They over promise and should not do that as they need not over compensate for anything.

Butler facility and the attempt to establish a 7 starb reputation.

• Luxury Double or Twin Room - Free WiFi

Everything was far beyond expectations that there is nothing to complain about

Extremely well maintained 5 start luxury get ready to be pampered by the Oberoi group I am a big fan of their properties and would only choose Oberoi group

• Room Category Assigned on Arrival

I did not like that I had to leave this place.

The service was excellent as well as the facilities. The food was extraordinary. From the start, I was welcomed by the most respectful and friendly people. The check in was easy and they answered all my questions. The room is out of this world. It had everything from fresh flowers and fruit with great comfort.

• Luxury Double or Twin Room - Free WiFi

nothing to dislike at all

everything was amazing , excellent staff service in all hotel specially the reception , spectacular in all way , didn't expect this service at all , they completed my checkin in my room which made it so easy and comfortable . the best service in all hotels I stayed in , never had this exceptional spectacular friendly experience before . a 10 without any hesitation in all aspect

• Premier Double or Twin Room with Ocean View - Free WiFi

The deco is a bit too corporate and cold. Basically uninteresting. But overall a very comfortable hotel with VERY very good service and attentionate staff. Would definetly recommand and go there again!

The hospitality and the friendliness of the staff is simply the best! And ofcourse the clean comfortable rooms and the food and the wonderful service at the restaurants. Loved the breakfast cakes and danishes.

• Room Category Assigned on Arrival

Amazing hospitality, lovely property, very pleasant staff, food was amazing at cafe fenix and Vetro , their Italian Restaurant. The view of marine drive was amazing !

• Room Category Assigned on Arrival

I liked the friendly treatment from the staff, especially Meghna Duggal and Pranay from the front office. They were extremely nice and helped in making our stay enjoyable. I also liked Bella from house keeping. She was very friendly.

• Premier Double or Twin Room with Ocean View - Free WiFi

See above. Also some little luxury touches were missing, for example other hotels in Mumbai offer a complementary foot bath on your return to your room in the evening.

Lovely staff, great views but hotel lacks character, could be a luxury airport type hotel anywhere. Area is mainly business so it is a walk or taxi ride to the main tourist areas.

• Room Category Assigned on Arrival

Outside pool was in a windy position no indoor pool

Fabulous hotel lovely location although a little sterile this is the relaxing area for wealthy and young Indian people.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• Room Category Assigned on Arrival

Nothing is that which is didn’t liking

Our personal experience with the chef Sahil and Outher all the dinning staf its really so corrective and so perfect food healthy and testy thanks the Oberoi its no words to thanks chef Sahil

• Luxury Double or Twin Room - Free WiFi

I enjoyed most everything about this hotel. Other than normal hotel glitches found anywhere, our stay was delightful and the staff accommodating. They seemed to be in tune to our needs.

• Room Category Assigned on Arrival

Although the quality of food and presentation was superlative, the prices were a little on the high side. As I was on a business trip, this was of course not a major concern, however if I were there not "on expenses", so to speak, I might be tempted to look for more economic dining alternatives - certainly would not dine every evening in the hotel restaurants.

Staff were attentive without "overdoing" things. All were extremely courteous and helpful when any query was made. Hotel itself was immaculate, and both restaurants attended during short visit could not be faulted in terms of quality of choice and quality of service.

• Room Category Assigned on Arrival

Hotel is very clean and very laxury,staff are very professional and respectful. You are welcomed every where and staff were smiled every time.you feel you are a king.

• Luxury Double or Twin Room - Free WiFi

I constantly stay in 5* hotels for business all over the world. At the Oberoi I met THE friendliest staff you could possibly imagine. Strongly recommended, should you want to treat yourself. I had an AMAZING Massage 2.30am...

• Luxury Double or Twin Room - Free WiFi

since booking com charged money then why hotel asked money and they have taken further more rate was high where as Taj Mahal charged were less .

booking com has charged from credit card and property also charged, as such booking com can return money to my credit card immediately

• Premier Double or Twin Room with Ocean View - Free WiFi

It was a bit more expensive and the breakfast was not very good.

The hotel was fantastic, i really liked it. they provided all services on time and properly.

• Premier Double or Twin Room with Ocean View - Free WiFi

I can think of nothing! This was the best experience I have ever had in a very long time.

Absolutely fantastic! The rooms,the staff, the breakfast buffet, the gym... all were perfect! I was given an upgrade to a suite whichmade my stay a memorable one! Amazing staff from the doormen, receptionists, concierge, bellboys, waiters at the restaurants , housekeeping, and the concierge . All were very friendly and professional.. special thanks to Anushree who welcomed us and checked us in our suites! I will definitly be back!

• Luxury Double or Twin Room - Free WiFi

This is clearly one of the best hotels in Mumbai. What more can you say. Great rooms, nice gym, 24 hour spa, and around the clock butler service. Great for both business and vacation.

• Budget Double Room

Amont of money it was less befor few months and right now its increased that will let me come ones a year instead od twise a year .

Every thing in the hotel amazing its my only distination to stay in mumbai , staff was helpful and smiling all the time specialy one staff his name is Vijay 😍 breakfast was excellent .

• Oberoi Executive Suite Ocean View - Free WiFi

Superb hotel although the picture that booking .com has is well out of date it has high rise either side of the property Dont let this put you off everything else is brilliant

• Oberoi Executive Suite Ocean View - Free WiFi

Actually i was surprisingly SHOCKED about the hotel bill which was for two days instead of one day but after giving the confirmation letter the person realized his mistake and tried to explain illogical explanations. THE STANDARD OF THE OBEROI DOES NOT MATCH.

The breakfast was very healthy and the room was awesome.

• Premier Double or Twin Room with Ocean View - Free WiFi

Room was on the small side for this quality and price. Ocean view increased price considerably and I had the expectation of a larger room to go with it.

• Oberoi Executive Suite Ocean View - Free WiFi

The hotel is a little dated now but that comes with its own character and the people more than make up for that.

Fantastic service! Right from the person who first greets you to the driver who drops you back. Everyone was excellent. Loved the suite and the unending sea views, the live music at the jazz bar and the food. Great stuff.

• Budget Double Room

Nice ambience, spick and span, clean, friendly crew. amazing view of the mumbai ncpa south block from the room. awesome room with amazing fitments . finesse of craftsmanship observed at all places. Highly recommended

• Luxury Double or Twin Room - Free WiFi

I think it would have been more accommodating to offer a free early check-in instead of charging but that's a personal opinion. I appreciate that is standard for most hotels (especially as we checked in at 7am!) Other than that - we wouldn't change a thing!

The staff were fantastic; the facilities impeccable and the food was fabulous. The pool was great as well - much needed for us weary from travelling from London.

• Premier Double or Twin Room with Ocean View - Free WiFi

Sometimes staff were too attentive. Guests need room to relax! Music everywhere. And it is expensive, especially the food, which is okay, but comes at top dollar (try the NCPA next door - great value).

Bella. Our housekeeper. Wonderful, smiley, with a huge heart. The singer with the amazing voice in The Eau Bar. And the view from our 20th floor room.

• Room Category Assigned on Arrival

The service is top notch. Hand written notes telling you your room is cleaned up, plus little things like cable ties to tie the cables etc. It's the little things that mattered. Good job!

• Luxury Double or Twin Room - Free WiFi

Every restaurant in hotel the price of food was screaming high. Compared with the best hotel in Mumbai (taj Mahal palace) the prices were half there in comparison to the oberoi. In perspective the ritz in London was half the price so was the Waldorf Astoria in New York. Therefore we did not eat at the hotel the entire time which is a shame & also the taxi the hotel quoted us £95 for one way journey from the airport to the hotel. In the end we sorted the taxi ourself which was prepaid at the airport for £15. These two areas are a big let down and so we would not recommend to stay at the oberoi, even though the hotel and staff were amazing

Staff were amazing cleanliness amazing general helpfulness of reception staff was excellent and breakfast staff excellent

• Room Category Assigned on Arrival

I booked rooms with breakfast, & for breakfast I thought that I just can eati from buffet, no body explained to me that I can order food from my choice. Also, I wanted to have an early breakfast in my room since I will check-out early morning (5am). The reception told me delivering breakfast to the room is charged, while I exprinced the same situation on other hotel in Kerala & they didn't charge me. The reception told me that they will arrange a packed breakfast, but it wasn't ready on time, so I left the hotel without having it.

• Room Category Assigned on Arrival

Sound proofing of rooms needs some work. Shifting to a card key would be more convenient.

Hotel team which were all service oriented with their attention to detail. The location and the hotel is very well kept.