Reviews of The Oberoi New Delhi 5 stars

9.8

9.8

9.7

9.7

Read more- opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: 8 November 2018

Perfect stay - would revisit!

NA.

Wonderful staff - airport pickup was seamless as was the check-in process despite our flight having landed at 1 am. Enjoyed the facial with Sookram and would recommend! Ansch and many of the other staff went out of their way to make the stay special and personalized.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2018

Par excellence!
    • Deluxe Room

We liked everything about Oberoi. This is one of the best hotels in the world! Every aspect of the experience is well designed with utmost precision and excellence.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2018

Perfect 👌
    • Premier Plus Room With Two Way Airport Transfers

Everything was perfect with the hotel, staff, our stay and onward journey. The hotel arranged a Mercedes S class with the driver Kapil Dev. Kapil stayed with us around Delhi and then drove us to the Oberoi in Agra where we stayed for two days and then on to the Oberoi in Jaipur where we stayed for another two days He was a safe driver, attentive to where we wanted to go and we were never rushed We would ring and within ten minutes he would be there to pick us up always with water and cold towels. I would recommend that you ask for Kapil to drive you around always from the Oberoi New Delhi and you will never be disappointed

• Reviewed: 4 November 2018

Luxury and therapy
    • Premier Room With One Way Airport Transfer

The location although downtown and close to Hamuyan’s tomb and only 20 minute walk to India Gate too, is situated off a highway; it’s a shame as I like to walk out of the hotel entrance on to a Main Street and see the city life, but it seemed a bit removed from Delhi life. I didn’t feel I could use the outdoor pool as 3 sides of the hotel look on to it you feel like you are being constantly watched as people eat in the restaurant or wait in the lobby! The concierge was a bit confusing as I just wanted a taxi to take me to a location, instead he insisted I have the driver stay with me and take me to other spots. That isn’t what I requested. I wanted some time to myself to explore Delhi at my own pace in my own time. So that was a little disappointing.

The spa and wellness centre was just fabulous. The pool was sublime and just so relaxing. The room was simply divine, the furniture and decor was really spectacular and room layout superbly designed. Loved the fizzy cocktail from the butler too. The view of the golf course and surrounds from the roof was lovely. The staff were fantastic and first class as I have come to now expect of The Oberoi Group. The shops and deli were also great to have as part of the Oberoi centre. The live music in the lobby on Friday night was beautiful. The buffet and a la carte restaurant was spot on too. Would have loved to stayed longer.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2018

Would stay again. Wonderful renovations
    • Deluxe Room

For nespresso machine to work in room. I was overcharged and they paid remainder in cash. I would have preferred my visa was debited as that was what the hostess had said when she overcharged me. She said they would refund me the amount. I did not want cash. But this is minor.

Service was exceptional. Above expectations and not even that necessary.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2018

I have been blessed to stay in over 300 five star hotels in...
    • Premier Room With One Way Airport Transfer

I stayed in this hotel twice in a week.. On the first stay my check in was not efficient and on my 2nd stay the lady who took my in room dining order forgot to process it. What I really appreciated was how professional the hotel manager (Udiksha) and her Deputy were in addressing both issues. A suggestion.. To change the irons in the room to steam irons.

I have been blessed to stay in over 300 five star hotels in nearly 100 countries. I would rate this recently renovated hotel in the top 5 hotels I have ever stayed in. It's probably the 1st hotel I felt I could live in permanently! 😊 As a frequent traveler I appreciate the details, like the professional airport chauffeur service with wifi, the blessing you receive on arrival, the fresh roses in the room, the computer tablet functionality in the room (I was able to stream lounge music from various international web radio sites which made my stay more relaxing), the advanced air conditioner system (outside pollution rate was 200 and only 5 in the room), the large size shower room, the beautiful view of the garden from the room, 3 restaurants supervised by Michelen rated chefs, the in-house delicatessen and cigar lounge, the large breakfast area, the professional service and being sent a chocolate mousse cake for my birthday! 🤩Without exaggeration, I don't think I would have enjoyed my trip to India as much, if I had not stayed in this hotel.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2018

The hotel has been refurbished and it’s really, really nice.
    • Deluxe Room

During our stay Delhi had dangerous air quality. The hotel’s air is filtered so it kind of became an oasis of fresh air when things got really bad.

The hotel has been refurbished and it’s really, really nice. The staff are incredibly friendly and eager to help at all times.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2018

Wonderful Sanctuary in Delhi with excellent service! The only downside is leaving.....!
    • Deluxe Room

I enjoyed the ambience of the hotel and the care of the excellent staff. As soon as we arrived we were looked after and made to feel valuable. Also the transport to the hotel was great value.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

The breakfast is amazing, a lot of variety, the dinner was...
    • Deluxe Room

Everything it’s vary modern and new.. the staff will try to do everything for you.

The breakfast is amazing, a lot of variety, the dinner was excellent yammy food

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

The hotel in class area, it’s a bit far from the city.
    • Deluxe Room

It’s vary clean and new.. you will enjoy it, the staff are perfect will do anything to satisfy you..

The hotel in class area, it’s a bit far from the city.. but it’s the best hotel to stay in.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

monitoring of air quality in and out of hotel
    • Luxury Room With Golf Course Or Landmark View

toilet cubicle is small breakfast was good/average and the dinning options are the hotel are extremely expensive

monitoring of air quality in and out of hotel overall the hotel experience

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Warm and Thoughtful Service

Toilet Amenities could improve Cleanliness in the washroom needs improvement

The transfer service from the Airport in Mercedes E Class The welcome from the front office team at hotel Herbal tea after the wake-up call An iPad for all room and entertainment control Peacock Blue Shade on the wall

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Overall good but not worth of money charged
    • Luxury Room With Golf Course Or Landmark View

No courteousy for regular customers Prices expensive

Room is good regarding smart iPad controls but interior is not impressive Overall a good stay but prices are high Housekeeping is bad. Not properly cleaned rooms seldom things are missing bad experience with housekeeping Good in room dining Except housekeeping every thing is good Prices need to be little more considerate as it is very high I had many many stays in this hotel before renevoation and after as well but needed more courtesy for regular clients which I found missing

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Would love to visit again soon
    • Premier Room With One Way Airport Transfer

The two person per room policy was not fun. We were a group of 3 friends and we had to get 2 rooms though the room was spacious and could accommodate an extra bed.

Everything was fabulous. The room was digitally operated and the ambiance was excellent. View was great. Staff were very professional and well groomed. Staff were responsive, prompt and helpful.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

We had an exceptional stay. Dinner at the restaurant Omya was fabulous.
    • Deluxe Room

Staff were brilliant from our rather early arrival. They managed to find us a room and the check in procedure was pleasant. The staff were highly attentive and the concierge services were excellent. Their recommendations were spot on and were absent of any hidden agendas.

EXCELLENT SERVICE - rating 10 is well deserved, Big thumbs up to all of you
    • Luxury Room With Golf Course Or Landmark View

Amazing green space view of the golf course making you forget you are in a busy city like New Delhi but not enough space to walk in the hotel outdoor compound but it is still very OK to walk around the hotel area. I found it relatively safe.

EXCELLENT SERVICE - in my past 10+ years of extensive travelling for leisure and business i have been to many 5 stars and resorts with great views and locations etc but none matched the service and attention by Oberoi staffs... Sincere attention by everyone, the butler, the bellman, the chefs, the concierge, the front desk, the room service, the security....

One of the best in Delhi
    • Premier Room With One Way Airport Transfer

Breakfast only starts at 7am. I had a 9am flight and had to leave by 7.15 for the airport so didn’t have enough time for breakfast. They should start breakfast by 6.30am

Lunch at 360 was excellent. Piping hot Buffet.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

My new favorite hotel in Delhi
    • Deluxe Room

The service is exceptional as you expect from an Oberoi hotel. The newly refurbished rooms are beautifully designed and very comfortable, the common areas are modern and stylish and the whole atmosphere is welcoming and relaxing.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Stayed in the old version, new version has retained the same...
    • Premier Room With One Way Airport Transfer

Room service food expensive and not very good. Restaurants and bars expensive, especially drinks.

Stayed in the old version, new version has retained the same feel, which is nice. Staff very welcoming, nothing seemed to much for them.

The smart room control through iPad
    • Luxury Room With Golf Course Or Landmark View

The restaurants and room service are way overpriced. The Patisserie & Delicatessen needs to extend its opening time till 11 pm at least.

The smart room control through iPad

Outstanding service overall however we didn't find it...
    • Luxury Room With Golf Course Or Landmark View

Outstanding service overall however we didn't find it necessary for 3/4 staff to be in the room to sort things out however the staff were excellent breakfast is really very good and the view from the room was amazing, value for money was excellent. They provided a very nice cot and even a bottle steralizer for the babies bottles, service very quick. The best hotel we have stayed at during the 2 weeks being in india. Thank you 😀

Wow!
    • Deluxe Room

Breakfast was regular, not much variety, quality of continental dishes was not good such as cold cuts. Scrambled egg was so so.

Extra comfy mattress. Room though on the smaller side, was very well equipped. Everything was well thought out. Technology, including opening the room door just by a swipe of the ipad sitting on your bed was just wow! A butler assigned to our floor was always available. Overall a WOW! experience.

Elegance and Indian hopsitality at its best
    • Deluxe Room

While the rooms are well decorated and comfortable, I feel they were too small - also compared to other Oberoi properties I have stayed in.

the service, the elegance and attention to detail

The service was great and the quality of the food and drink .
    • Deluxe Room

The time from the airport ...but I guess that's India ....traffic and traffic jams!

The service was great and the quality of the food and drink ...excellent.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Impeccable service...maybe a bit too much
    • Luxury Room With Golf Course Or Landmark View

The attention can feel a bit much. As I was having dinner staff came 9 times to check on me in 1 hour. Personally I prefer the more discrete service of the four seasons, but as I said if you want to feel spoiled for attention this is the best place for it.

If you want to feel like royalty this is the place. Never stayed in a place more attentive, efficient, customer oriented than this. I called the hotel from Jaipur as I had a bit of a ear problem, I had not yet checked in at the oberoi at the time of my call and they flawlessly organised for a ear nose and throat doctor to come and see me at the hotel at my arrival. The bed sheet felt a little humid, they changed them as I was at dinner and the house keeping manager personally come to inform me they were changed and ask again in case I still felt they were humid. The hotel is also splendid, extremely well kept, with an old fashion elegant atmosphere which however is not intimidating or aloof.

Fabulous central hotel

Great hotel newly refurbished. In central location . Air filtration system gives you the best air quality in Delhi. The staff were excellent from drivers, door men to housekeeping and waiting staff. Great service that isn’t too intrusive. Some wonderful features to the hotel. Very classically decorated with amazing art installations . Couldn’t fault it.

The Hospitality starts with Oberoi’s and ends there.
    • Deluxe Room

The Hospitality starts with Oberoi’s and ends there. The renovated Oberoi’s surely beats all others in NCR and when i say all i have tried all & then say this! NO MATCH..

Wonderful & chic retreat in central Delhi
    • Premier Plus Room With Two Way Airport Transfers

Impeccable service, very friendly staff, butler service, good food, comfortable beds, mix of comfort & style (lovely art decorating the walls)

Genial

Everything was perfect.

Our stay at the Oberoi was amazing. The service and the facilities were magnificent. We went looking for a special weekend and that is what we found. We also want to thank Chef Christiaan Stoop, Parth, Abhi and the rest of the team for their dishes and for their kindness. Without any doubt, we will repeat.

Excellent hotel and would stay here again, 10 out of 10.
    • Luxury Room With Golf Course Or Landmark View

Everything was a great experience from staff to restaurants to the room, one of the best hotels I have stayed in and nothing was too much for the staff.

just wonderful!
    • Luxury Room With Golf Course Or Landmark View

It's unhealthy not to be able to open a window. My wife has asthma, the the recirculated air, filled with chemicals from cleaning materials, is literally a health hazard

All the staff we dealt with were extremely friendly AND professional.

Perfect stay in a wonderful hotel.
    • Luxury Room With Golf Course Or Landmark View

The breakfast was fresh, plenty of variety, very attentive staff without being obtrusive. So much coffee and a wonderful breakfast restaurant. The rooms were lovely, great bathrooms with standalone tub and walk-in shower. The amenities are beautiful - a collaboration with a quality skincare brand from India. They had great fluffy towels and a huge, comfortable bed. You can use the block out blind if you want total darkness or you can choose to wake up with natural light. The views are great - garden area, pool or out across Humayan's Tomb. I highly recommend this hotel.

A familiar and welcome haven in a chaotic and often traffic congested city. A real pleasure to stay.
    • Luxury Room With Golf Course Or Landmark View

Overall the stay was good. Rooms have been modernized and the bathroom was superb. 7am Yoga class was excellent and indoor swimming pool and steam room were great too - especially after long flight.

A newly renovated gem in Delhi.
    • Premier Room With One Way Airport Transfer

I am not sure I would change anything. Of course it is an expensive hotel, but I expect they won't change that. But otherwise, it was a very nice experience.

We loved everything about this hotel. It had been newly renovated and had just reopened so everything was in exceptional condition. You could tell they are taking great lengths to ensure the comfort of their guests and were especially attentive to us, but not overly. The room was very large and bed very comfortable. There was a lovely view of the garden. The bathroom had a wonderful shower and separate tub. You operated everything from an Ipad which was a fun gimmick. We went to two of the restaurants when we were there for a light dinner and the food was very good. The breakfast buffet had everything you could possibly want. Being from the US and already having suffered a bout of intestinal issues in another city, I was at first reluctant to eat anything unusual but couldn't resist and knew I was headed home after this stay. I had no issues whatsoever with the food - and had fresh vegetables and fruits which I had been craving. The neighborhood where the hotel is located is one of the top in Delhi and if you so wanted, I expect you could even go for a walk, which was not recommended in other places I had stayed. We did a fair amount of sightseeing one of the days we were there and traffic was okay so we could easily navigate from place to place without being in a constant state of gridlock. We did not get a chance to use the spa but we did tour it and if more time, I would have used it. Again, everything is brand new so you can just imagine how wonderful it is.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2018

Best evner Hotel experience

Best evner Hotel experience

• Reviewed: 5 November 2018

Perfection

Perfection

• Reviewed: 31 October 2018

Service and facilities reflect the obvious effort the hotel make to ensure everything is perfect
    • Luxury Room With Golf Course Or Landmark View

Staff seem to really know what you are doing. They have a knack of appearing at the right time and leaving you be when you want to be left

• Reviewed: 23 October 2018

A fantastic stay with excellent service

Aloo paranthas & Aloo puri for breakfast was lovely. Service was excellent

• Reviewed: 20 October 2018

The service

The food options

The service

• Reviewed: 19 October 2018

Awesome
    • Premier Room With One Way Airport Transfer

The noise outside my room midnight Tv channels should have more variety

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Excellent experince. Great service. Wellcome was very nice with oberoi drink excellent .
    • Luxury Room With Golf Course Or Landmark View

Nothing.every thing the best. Excellent hospitality.excellent service.

Each and every thing

𝐀𝐥𝐥

𝐀𝐥𝐥

Be ready for Grandeur!
    • Deluxe Room

The whole experience was superb.

Excellent superb
    • Luxury Room With Golf Course Or Landmark View

Great care and attentiveness to the guest.
    • Deluxe Room

Great care and attentiveness to the guest.

exceptional service

exceptional service

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Perfect!

Perfect!

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Excellent service
    • Premier Plus Room With Two Way Airport Transfers

Excellent location friendly helpful staff,Oshin Mitra Asst.Manager she’s very helpful

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Exceptional

Exceptional

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

I loved the old style of the hotel.
    • Premier Room With One Way Airport Transfer

I loved the old style of the hotel. It my disappointment was more than compensated for by the attentiveness of the staff.

Staff was nice.
    • Luxury Room With Golf Course Or Landmark View

Staff was nice..everything was great..

The top 3 best hotel in the world - and I have been in over 650 different hotels worldwide.
    • Premier Room With One Way Airport Transfer

Staff and Service are the best in the world - not exagerating.

The staff and team

The staff and team

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

• Premier Room With One Way Airport Transfer

The prices of food in the restaurant is too expensive

All the things are updated in high categories
    • Luxury Room With Golf Course Or Landmark View

The breakfast staff are lazy

I like the system in all

Very great property
    • Luxury Room With Golf Course Or Landmark View

There was a smell in the corridor

Everything was perfect

Everything is superb

Everything is superb

It could t have been better

It could t have been better

I will come back and stay there!
    • Deluxe Room

The greeting of the staff . The hotel had a positive vibe to it !

The Oberoi turned my business trip into a vacation!
    • Deluxe Room

The staff could not have been more helpful or gracious! My room was of standard size but had every amenity that I could have wanted. Perfection.

Best hotel in the world

Liked everything

The best hotel I have ever stayed at

slow service at the 360°C restaurant.
    • Deluxe Room

slow service at the 360°C restaurant. The Taiwan style chiken was dry. Salat portion aside was small. Service was very very slow

Fantastic!!!

Everything...

Brilliant flawless hospitality.

Cost

Brilliant flawless hospitality. Best I have experienced around the world.

Great place to stay in Delhi. Service is superb!
    • Deluxe Room

Excellent service in all respects!. The concierge was very helpful in arranging us a tour.

Lovely place to stay
    • Luxury Room With Golf Course Or Landmark View

The quality of food in the Chinese restaurant

Our stay was very pleasnt

Simply the best

Assolutamente niente

Truly outstanding service quality

Word class employees

Word class employees

I stay at your hotel regularly. The interior decoration
    • Deluxe Room

I loved the newly renovated hotel

home away from home
    • Premier Room With One Way Airport Transfer

I loved everything but a bonus was that you allowed me to shower in the spa after I have booked out and before my flight. Thank you

good. indian. experience. with rich. society.
    • Luxury Room With Golf Course Or Landmark View

explotation. of. low. paid. staff.

bedo .k roomgood4

The stay was the best way to start the New Year.
    • Deluxe Room

The new hotel is a great marriage between modern technology and the same old Oberoi charm.

There are also 35 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.