Reviews of The Taj Mahal Hotel New Delhi 5 stars

No 1 Mansingh Road, 110011 New Delhi, India

#12 of 611 hotels in New Delhi

• Deluxe King Room with City or Pool View

Personnel excessively friendly (but obviously fake), so I felt somehow obliged all the time to tip.

Clean hotel, nice room with a view. Good breakfast.

• Deluxe King Room with City or Pool View

The bar on the first floor was blasting music all Saturday night, making it very difficult to sleep. I could hear the bass on the first floor. I would recommend the hotel tell guests staying on the first floor that the bar plays music this loud.

I loved the rooms and the service was amazing. The pool area was also great.

• Deluxe King Room with City or Pool View

extremely high price for old-fashioned stinky room (all my clothes and belongings needed cleaning as they were smelly with mustiness even after airing for a couple of days).

staff = super nice

• Taj Club King Room with One Way Airport Transfer

I was disappointed that during the lunch. a cleaner/sweeper came to sweep the floor near where we were sitting.It gave the impression that the Hotel does not respect the privacy and "food environment".

courteous and friendly driver; transfer was exactly on time

Noisy and crowded

Very noisy hotel , lot people waiting on the lobby look like airport, Restaurant have not sufficiently space to eat most of the outside people book the restaurant,

• Deluxe King Room with City or Pool View

Prices are high in the hotel’s restaurants. In the café, I paid almost $20 for a vkub sandwich. I like Varq’s modern Indian cuisine and found their prices better justified.

This classic New Delhi Hotel has style without flash. The staff were unfailingly pleasant and attentive. Highly recommended.

• Deluxe King Room with City or Pool View

Nice hotel they have checked in so quick the room was nice with pool view and the food amazing. great location as well and good gym. thank you for your hospitality.

• Deluxe King Room with City or Pool View

Not for public consumption......:-)

As a Taj loyalist, I have always had the privelge of enjoying the benefits due to their Loyalty program. Staff are not only courteous but alsoprofessional. Flexibility is evidently displayed, due to the working ethos they embibe. " what else can I do for the guest " ....attitude!

I said on last question

The food was excellent but when they served the food they serve u from left side of the next person sitting next to u. That’s wrong they have to bend from person next to ur left and serve u. So may b u should correct them. Otherwise the rest. Excellent

• Deluxe King Room with City or Pool View

The room was completely over priced. As a Taj member, at least breakfast should have been included. Even when asked, the staff quite flatly refused in an unwelcoming tone.

• Deluxe King Room with City or Pool View

A bit overpriced. Be careful to go to the hotel restaurants, you'll spend a lot. Especially Japanese one,although the food there was really great.

Interesting hotel. Very Indian,yet with huge British influence. Room was ok and breakfast was great.

• Deluxe King Room with City or Pool View

Nothing to do with the hotel but we tried to walk to a restaurant and Lodhi gardens but impossible due to tuk tuk drivers and locals not wanting us to walk.

Lovely and clean with friendly staff. Excellent tea and cakes.

• Luxury Double Room with City or Pool view

The old carpets. Old bathroom finishes. After staying at the Oberoi in Mumbai, this was definitely an anti-climax for the facility and reception staff service, I expected same/ similar service because they are both rated 5 star.

Dinner at one of the hotel restaurants - Varq - was absolutely delightful. Everything was amazing, the waiters, the food, the ambiance. They serve contemporary Indian cuisine. It's a must to eat there if you stay there. Oh and the floral display at the main entrance was done beautifully.

• Deluxe King Room with City or Pool View

Cost. Good service. But too expensive for India. I only have one comment hence length.

The cost is high. I plan to look for a less expensive accommodation in the future. $US 380 per night ($USAUD 480 is too expensive for my budget. Otherwise all went well.

• Deluxe Twin Room with City or Pool View

Hotel was fully booked and I couldn't get a double bed, only twin beds. Bathroom a bit small.

Excellent service, very clean facilities, quick checkout. Room was quite comfortable and of good size. Plenty of choice for breakfast and overall friendly service.

• Luxury Double Room with City or Pool view

That depends on your wishes but if you want attentive, discreet , 5 star service then your unlikely to be disappointed . If want a vibe and action maybe somewhere else might be for you instead

Size and comfort of beds Excellent 5 star service Breakfast was a mix of a la carte and buffet Tip for public transport , Khan market is comfortable 5-10 mins walk if you want to save on hotel taxis A very upmarket safe area but lacked some of the facilities like shops at Connaught place .

• Deluxe King Room with City or Pool View

breakfast layout would have been better ! the bathrooms should have been upgraded to today's time! I felt im in 1990s whenever i visit that bathroom in the room!

The hotel is in perfect location, very close to all the Museums, Khan Market, India Gate, etc. the room is comfortable and the spa is Excellent!

• Deluxe King Room with City or Pool View

Nothing really. It’s a worry that the New Delhi Municipal Corporation is putting the lease of the hotel premises up for tender on 30 January (Tata’s lease having expired) and that another hotel group could be running this hotel if Tata lose. They run this hotel so very well.

Loved the whole ambiance of the place. Wonderful staff. Beautiful food. Machan is open 24/7 which is fantastic. The Japanese restaurant served us a delicious meal. Excellent facilities. Room service is amazing. The hair salon is first rate. I had a great manicure in the spa. Can’t fault it.

• Luxury Double Room with City or Pool view

I had requested an airport shuttle service, but nobody from the hotel got back to us, and consequently there was no shuttle at the airport for us. We did take a taxi from the airport which was just fine.

Hospitality in the hotel and afternoon high tea

• Deluxe King Room with City or Pool View

Extra bed is very poor. Not recommended for families. Receptionist at desk unpleasant, not professional at all. Taj Mahal Hotel in Mumbai is much better than this one.

Breakfast is ok.

• Deluxe Twin Room with City or Pool View

Give some discount on price??

Yes- Breakfast is Owesome !! Staff in the restaurant is too good and cool - one nice lady very beautiful and very friendly keep on asking: you want any thing more every 5 time. my wife like the saloon. son wants to go again. excellent- even price is more

• Deluxe King Room with City or Pool View

The main restaurant was a little dull in its ambience and pricey - 2 Caesar salads and 2 glasses of wine was £70... including the taxes

The spa was good - excellent massage. Friendly but not over attentive. Good breakfast choice. Upgrading to the club room is good value - costs the same as breakfast and you get free tea and evening drinks

• Deluxe Twin Room with City or Pool View

The hotel is excellent and has a big swimming pool in the middle of a beautiful garden. Personnel extremely friendly and helpful, restaurants in the hotel fairly expensive but of good quality. Direct surroundings of the hotel not very interesting...all high end compounds with with fences/guards and high walls, but hotel is very well located...in the middle of Delhi, with a taxi everything is in close range. Definitely recommend this hotel...expensive but worth any penny.

• Deluxe King Room with City or Pool View

For me everything was pleasant here.

I had an incredibly amazing unmatchable experience. Probable one of the best experiences on hotels I have had so far, and I do travel a quite a lot for work. I have to extend special thanks to my friends Rajesh, the chef at the best Indian restaurant! He made my whole stay so more enjoyable thanks to his magic on the kitchen! Excelerating thrilling journey through Indian food from every corner of the country! Unimaginable mix of flavors made my paladar pick thanks to Rajesh cuisine! Thanks again my friend. I also need to thank my other very helpful friend on my 2 stays at the hotel, Abhinandan. He was basically my right hand, always there, usefull for the tiniest detail. From guiding me through Delhi's best places to visit, to chamging currency, to kindly sharing experiences of meditation places I asked for, and even gave advices about best Indian motorcycles! Thanks for your your sincere help! Finally I have to thank my 2 friends at the bar which names I unfortunately don't remember, but they will know haha! Thank you for always smile and share with me so many things about your amazing country! I will deeply miss that place.

• Luxury Twin Room with City or Pool View

Room size,during online booking,i selected 2 beds room+ one guest. When I reach hotel.it was different and paid more money.

Interior decoration , antique wooden furniture in corridors.

• Deluxe Twin Room with City or Pool View

Not updated to Taj Standards. We stayed at Taj Palace earlier, that facility was thumbs up compared to Taj Mahal.

Very friendly staff, great location.

• Luxury Twin Room with City or Pool View

1) Too many staff people swarming you with Namashkar and expectations of tip. It's really annoying 2) size of the room was small. I made it clear while booking that we are 2+2 and still we were given a small room with 2 single beds

Breakfast , Bedding and Service

• Luxury Double Room with City or Pool view

It was great I wouldn't want to change anything only it would be good if they keep talc in the bathrooms as well

We liked everything about Taj and would love to go there again

• Deluxe King Room with City or Pool View

In the midst of all good things, even a small lack of courtesy stands out. The lift man was a little over duty concious, in directing me to the front desk on 3rd day of my stay, when I had sent my back with key with my son to the room, and I did not have one with me. I SKED MY SON TO COME DOWN, AND take me up. No complaints; but I felt on the third day of my stay,je should me familiar with my face.

The overall ambience, Courteous Stall behaviour, and right place for Business meeting.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Deluxe King Room with City or Pool View

During check-out the person on desk was so unprofessional and unpleasant that he mange to spoil my whole 9 days stay in hotel. He was not will neither not explain the additional costs and he only was looking how he can execute the payment as soon as possible. Also he tried to charge me different price for particular item than the one that is stated in room. During my stay I've noticed that once it comes to money they will for sure try to find the way how to turn the things in their favour, which I didn't like at all.

The hotel in general is good quality, but not as it should be for 5 stars. The staff if pleasant and willing to help you at any time. Breakfast is acceptable but not worth the price charged by. Position of hotel is in very clean and peaceful area and not far from downtown CP.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

• Deluxe King Room with City or Pool View

I am very surprised - and disappointed - by the hotel's reaction in front of my daughter's food poisoning ; I really hoped that they would review their flows but, unfortunately, and despite of my comment sent to the hotel's management team, it was not the case ; doctor fee : I hoped - and thought that it was obvious - that the hotel would ( at least) take care of the medical fees… but I noticed that they charged it on my bill (!?) ; as I mentioned to various employees in the hotel, my daughter had a food poisining because of a plate eaten at the hotel's Chinese restaurant ; I highlighted that, as foreigners, we NEVER ate anywhere else than at the hotel and that my daughter and I had different meals ; therefore, we pointed out - immediately - that it could only be the "rice with lamb" (which was very obvious, when my daughter was throwing up…) ; … but nobody did nothing, except smiled and said " we are sorry" ; On the top of it, another subject was extravagent : the telephone charges and taxes - every day !? - for the inside hotel calls; it was a bit of a surprise, knowing that, everywhere, in the world - London, Tokyo, Mexico or else - I never paid for the calls to the reception (to get towels, food or else) ;

The staff was smiling and the hotel surroundings were beautiful ;

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

$

Bed was very very comfortable Great acoustics in the room, did not hear traffic or corridors. Everything CLEAN and addressed. Food was GREAT. It's an overall rich/luxury place in the heart of Deli

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

• Deluxe King Room with City or Pool View

This truly was one of the most amazing hotels my husband and I have ever stayed at!!!! Fantastic, such attention to detail!!! All the staff were so professional and made us feel special!! The kids that worked in the lounge were outstanding!!!!! We enjoyed talking to them so much!!!!!!!!!! The solo musician in the morning to the trio in the evening gave a wonderful vibe to the hotel!!!

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

• Deluxe King Room with City or Pool View

The room rates do not include the taxes which came to over 40% of the total payment. Instead of paying $400USD for 3 nights, it came to close to close to $600USD. Booking.com need to disclaim the higher tax rates charged for 5 stars in India

Amazing location, comfortable rooms

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

It was all good

Good location in New Delhi. Good restaurant and bar. Walking distance to Lodi Gardens, India Gate, Ghandi's House, National Museum and metro.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

• Deluxe King Room with City or Pool View

The air pollution outside!!!

Great place to stay, if you don't mind spending the money (tax, luxury tax, etc. make the bill much higher than what you expect when you book!). But treat yourself to luxury, warmth, friendliness, a real home away from home

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

• Deluxe King Room with City or Pool View

Unfortunately, there was something wrong with the air conditioning in the room, the humidity was very high. When Walking barefoot in the room, you felt moist in the carpet, also in the bed. It was like literally the carpet had water on it. They did not fix it in our 4 nights stay. I got sick after staying there. Also, the personnel is very very friendly, but i have the Feeling that they dont understand fully the requests due to language and cultural differences. Price in booking.com is not the same at all as Price that you pay. Pay Attention as taxes in India are very high and the bill ended up being almost double of what I expected to be.

Great building. Love this Hotel as it is part of Delhi's culture.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

• Deluxe King Room with City or Pool View

Rooms are very small and airless Bathroom is so tiny that 2 people can't be there at once Rooms are so standard in comparison with pompous lobby and elevators - nobody expects such from the luxury hotel

Breakfast is good

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

• Deluxe King Room with City or Pool View

It's about time the carpets in the rooms are changed with more modern hard wood flooring.

Friendly staff. Excellent facilities and centrally located. Good choice of food and drinks. Great service overall.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• Taj Club King Room with One Way Airport Transfer

Everything was perfect. Very professional and friendly staff, very attentive and helpful. Amazing food and drinks. Beautiful interior and great facilities and spa.

• Deluxe Twin Room with City or Pool View

I stayed here twice, before and after a group tour. The second time I stayed at a cheaper rate and the room was much smaller and the mattress not at all comfortable.

The bed indeed was very comfortable in my room for the first stay. The breakfast was fantastic, the 24 hour gym extremely handy and well equipped, the concierge service excellent. The pool area and balcony were most inviting.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

• Deluxe King Room with City or Pool View

In Delhi generally, it is difficult for a woman traveling alone. The hotel made every accommodation to ensure my safety and comfort.

The service was exceptional. The food at Varq was incredible.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

• Deluxe King Room with City or Pool View

Wifi had to reconnect all the time and was not fast. Too expensive for what it is, beakfast was nothing special, the coffee was outrageously expensive ($10)

The view, beautiful room with all amenities you need (sofa, well equiped bathroom, fridge and minibar not in your way, free newspapers etc. etc.), the restaurants in the hotel

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

• Deluxe King Room with City or Pool View

Great place to unwind. Great service from the staff. Good facilities in a quiet location. Rooms are luxurious and very comfortable. Would definitely recommend this hotel and use again.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

• Deluxe King Room with City or Pool View

The room price was good, but once you are there everything else in the hotel was horrendously expensive: food, alcohol, transport, taxes etc made it far more expensive than staying at a decent London or New York Hotel.

The food was excellent, but extremely expensive.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• Deluxe King Room with City or Pool View

I liked nothing about this hotel..taj itself is a name I stayed on the 11th floor paying for extra floor rise But the room was stinking Even after asking the staff to spray room freshner the stink did not go Also the swimming pool was not clean There were no life guards around and the staff would nearly scold us and make faces if we try swimming towards the deeper side While doing the check out when i said all the above grievances The health club did not bother to revert back with a proper answer They made us wait half an hour to clear our bill My total bill was nearly 45ooo for 1 day Which i cleared completely But yes me n my friends missed our flight because of their unprofessional behaviour Loss of money with poor service as well as my business deal got cancelled because of them I would never ever recommend anyone to stay here Itc mourya Hyatt are situated in better location with very friendly services provided Overall very pathetic experience The health club people did not even apologize or try talking to us There are many 5 stars in delhi With comparatively better services n lesser priced than this hotel

Lobby has a beautiful interior Chocolates at the reception is very mouth watering

• Deluxe King Room with City or Pool View

Old rooms Shower is not working well In general it didn’t value the money

Staff

Old hotel

Cleanliness

• Luxury Double Room with City or Pool view

The infrastructure is a little old and room size is small compared to other 5 star available at same rate

Hotel facilities and staff

• Deluxe Twin Room with City or Pool View

Twin beds in deluxe room was too small

Great atmosphere

prices too too high

Nothing to complain

Every thing was perfect. Taj Hospitality is beyond compare. The staff is so good and makes you feel at home

• Deluxe King Room with City or Pool View

There is nothing in TAJ that you cannot like every thing was just superb

• Deluxe King Room with City or Pool View

Room was dated for price point

Varq

• Deluxe Twin Room with City or Pool View

The humidity smell in the room and some damaged furniture

Authancity in the hotel

• Deluxe King Room with City or Pool View

The rooms look a little tired and dated

Very comfortable bed, excellent powerful shower and good overall experience with great customer service

• Executive King Suite with Balcony and Two Way Airport Transfer

Front desk staff was not at all aware of things

• Deluxe King Room with City or Pool View

Beautiful hotel (within the category of large city hotels). The staff is fantastic and the restaurants are excellent.

everything up to expectations

very distinctive signage and polite driver

• Deluxe King Room with City or Pool View

Location is great. Concierge service was excellent in arranging our trips. In general the hotel and staff are excellent.

• Luxury Double Room with City or Pool view

The personal service attention I received during my stay there. Their proactive attention was most helpful. Thank you.

Everything was great.

• Deluxe King Room with City or Pool View

Excellent stay. The driver who took us round Delhi - Vinod - was excellent.

Very friendly staff,food ,customer service

• Deluxe King Room with City or Pool View

Beautiful big room, fantastic breakfast and very friendly service

Nothing serious

Friendly and efficient services

• Deluxe King Room with City or Pool View

friendly staff and excellent breakfast, food is good

• Luxury Twin Room with City or Pool View

Bathroom a little small ( no separate shower )

Breakfast excellent, staff well trained. Executive club lounge !

Bathroom could be updated

Great Indian hospitality

the pool was cold.

staff is nice and friendly, room is nice and have a very good view.

Meal

Bedext

• Taj Club King Room with One Way Airport Transfer

Staff and facilities were amazing

Gorgeous hotel!