Reviews of Trident Chennai 5 stars

1/24 G.S.T Road, 600027 Chennai, India

#6 of 269 hotels in Chennai

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

the airport drop is too expensive your neighbour Radisson blue is givng a free drop and pck up Business wise it is more attrctive , and it is worth for you for a 2 km distance

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Superb hotel! I have been in a lot of 5 star hotels in India, but this one is absolutely one of my favorites, Superb gym and the pool in this wonderful garden is really outstanding. Swimming in the beautiful pool which is surrounded by a lovely maintained garden, full of singing birds is simply superb!!! thumbs up for this hotel, I love it.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Dont know everything was more than expectation awesome experience

Nice food. Excellent service and compact well served rooms. Overall a wonderful experience. This was my first stay and would keep doing so.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Luxury and refinment. Very through, generous and meticulous staffing, facilities, and standards. Special mention to reception and concierge team, especially Arna.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

A bit costly for being an airport hotel. Not the easiest access to the exploratory parts of the city.

Pool and gym were just what I needed on a weekend away!

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The location is near the airport and that was initially the main reason for choosing Trident. On arrival, I was pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to Residential Suite. Many thanks. Customer Services was of the highest order throughout the stay and my special compliments to the entire team. I had a very comfortable short stay at the end of a hectic trip and am sure to return to Trident for a longer stay the next time I come to India. Trident demonstrated what customer delight is all about and I would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel to all my colleagues, friends and family.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Complimentary personal airport pick-up and drop-off in chauffeured hotel car much appreciated - especially for this room rate. Fast check-in and room service. Staff attentive and don't look for tips.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

WiFi could have been of a slightly better bandwidth...I was not getting seamless connection sometimes for my business meeting from my room, had to switch to my personal wifi dongle. Its good enough for emails and web browsing though.

Room is really nice, staff is very service oriented with warm friendly behaviour, facilities are very good. Overall a great experience.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Rooms are very small..I asked for king size bed but it was not. I booked for two adults plus kid. But mineral water bottle, slippers, tooth kit was placed for only one person.

Staff is good.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

They charged my credit card without informing me which was initially used just to block And when I checked out they to,d your credit card is already charged as I wanted to pay by my debit card so this was first problem Second I couldn't sleep as wardrobe light could not be closed and I had next day 7 Am flight later I went to take off the light after I had already ruined my sleep till 1 Am As well as I dint fit in single bed I had asked a king size during booking show how bed size was not equal to my height my legs were hanging out side bed I am only 6 ft tall Linen was so hard that I could make out if I was sleeping on floor . I ruined by next day as I had to postpone my meeting in other place as I had been sleepless . So will never recommend this place to any one .

I dint like anything in the hotel .And won't recommend any one as they will regret staying in this no hospitable hotel

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Musty smell in the room. It felt damp.

The bed was comfortable. The Spa service (massage and sugar scrub) was fabulous. All employees were extremely gracious and helpful.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

They just need to pay more attention to the cleanliness in the washroom and other places in the room.

The staff are very nice and helpful; the breakfast is great! Although the hotel is located near the airport, we cannot hear any noise in the room. The garden is also very nice. Overall, this is a good hotel that I would think of revisiting next time.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Wonderfully attentive and helpful staff. Everywhere immaculately clean and very pleasant environment. The pool area very peaceful and a good sized pool. The hotel quite an oasis of calm outside the busy city. The coffee and snacks provided for early departures was extremely welcome. We ate in the specialist restaurant. Food lovely and waiting staff very willing but needed a few reminders to produce things we had asked for.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The staff were fantastic especially Avantika organising my car and reducing my anxiety about sorting a taxi at the airport. John the concierge,Sashet on the reception desk and Sanket in the dinning room who have made me most comfortable. As a woman travelling on my own I was quite anxious but they have all made my stay very relaxing and I have felt very welcomed and safe.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Chennai is really noisy and proximity to the airport mean the road and air traffic noise is loud in the otherwise lovely garden and pool area, but the rooms have big wooden shutters which block the noise (and light) very well.

The staff. It’s all good but the staff are what really make it. They’re great.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

This is an excellent hotel. The only negative thing was that, late in the night, there was some repair work going on in one of the rooms in our corridor.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The food is genuinely terrible. Apparently it always is in airport hotels but I don't ever recall having had food this bad in any star hotel of this level. I had 3 different meals and all of them were consistently bad. Perhaps made too bland for foreign travelers. If you have an early morning flight to catch and depend on their drop-off service, build in another 20 mins (airport is just 10-15 mins away). Despite my calling ahead and asking for bill and cab to be ready, neither was when I reached the desk. The staff was incredibly sweet and accommodating, but speedwise the 20 minute delay could have led to missing my flight. That part was annoying, especially since I had called and confirmed twice that they knew to keep this ready.

The hotel is clean, modern, has a great location. The staff goes out of their way to help. Oberoi typically does airport pickup/drop off which is also a great perk. This car service has always been great across cities.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Staff are very friendly and even I am early checked out in the morning 530 they packed for me the breakfast and the airport shuttle is very good they are providing up and down from airport to hotel.My overall experience is nice pleasent.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

should taken more care on reading the customer requirements, while booking online. there are mis communication regards to Bed option and airport shuttle.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The staff were slow to address requests, and often asked me multiple times to confirm things I had already said or answered. So I understood they were not passing on information to each other. They should improve internal communication m.

Very clean and comfortable. They also assisted me with putting on a saree very early in the morning which was very kind of them!

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Cinnamon restaurant, the quantity of the food served for the price they are charging is unsatisfactory for breakfast, ala carte.

Friendliness of staff. Complimentary airport transfer. Early check in without extra charge.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Room temperature was far too cold. Even by changing the a/c setting the room stayed cold

Very nicely appointed room with an extremely comfortable bed. Excellent large pool in a lovely garden setting. Extremely pleasant, professional and helpful staff. Nice food in the restaurant. Curtesy shuttle to/from the airport was very efficient

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Might be an issue if you're a light sleeper & you get a room that's facing the runway.

Really close to the airport. Perfect if you're stepping off a late night flight.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The staff were attentive and helpful. The food was superb for dinner and I thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast spread that I am recommending it to friends who live in Chennai. Our room was so comfortable, clean, and interior design was great. I wish we could have stayed longer.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Nobody informed me about free WiFi. It also took forever to reach the reception.

Bed, Bathroom, TV - three key facilities were of great quality. Airport shuttle service is very good. Good car, courteous drivers, and easy to locate the driver.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Luxury hotel in close proximity to the airport. We had an early morning flight and the hotel provided a free driver to taxi us to and from the Airport. Staff couldn't have been more helpful and the room was luxurious with a quiet AC system.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

There's nothing that i didn't like it..

Closer to airport and perfect match for business travelers. Super friendly staff and good food. I love this hotel.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I guess we paid the full fare for a few hours so it was quite expensive.

Just stayed for a few hours as we had a 5 hour layover in Chennai and needed to sleep! The hotel was veru accomodating and provided us with free airport transfer and immediately called me in Dubai to verify my details. Glad to have booked the room and worth the money.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The bar was very expensive. I did not realise that 2 glasses of wine would cost 1800Rs until I paid. London prices in Chennai???

Bed was very comfortable, the staff super helpful and friendly, the spa excellent

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Five-star service. Room was in excellent condition with comfy bed and well-equipped clean bathroom. The Hotel food was great; I found staff as highly professional and friendly. Overall, a Five star experience in a Five Star Hotel.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

It took a few weeks to a get a response confirming my airport transfer pick up. Otherwise prompt communication.

I was only there overnight. Staff were extremely warm and helpful. The room was clean and very comfortable. Sound proofing was fantastic, no disturbance from motorway traggic or aeroplanes. The driver picking me up from the airport had an easily identifiable sign which was a relief in the sea of other people with signs.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Services such as food and drinks are expensive.

The staff makes the difference in this place! Very attentive and always suggesting some options for a better stay. Good restaurant "Cinnamon" for International Cuisine. Free shuttle service from the airport.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Staff should be aware not to overload guests with questions ( repeating of same question without any feeling if it is appropriate ) .... So i did not liked the many 'empty' questions . Cereals as breakfast where poor.

Balu, was as a friend, grateful that i have met him. I liked the atmosphere in the hotel, supported by the sereen music !!!! Well done. The pool and garden are beautiful ... and the eggs without creme .... mmm made my day :-)

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Rooms furniture are quite old, so the first feeling when you enter the room isn't the best. Phone, bathroom, furniture are quite old. It doesn't look like a five star hotel in the room, even if all the rest does look like it. But maybe it's just because it's not my taste and I like more modern rooms :-)

The staff was great, super helpful and the restaurant staff was lovely, advised us on what were the best dishes and made us try some things before ordering to make sure we would love it. We were leaving at 5am for the airport and the hotel arranged a take away breakfast with fresh juices and pastries, we really loved it. We took the airport shuttle on arrival and departure, it was super convenient and staff wasn't great! The trainee at reception showed us hotel facilities and our room on arrival, which was greatly appreciated. Diner was really good in the hotel buffet restaurant - we took a la carte and didn't try the buffet though.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Fantastic staff..very helpful pro active and polite..comfortable clean rooms..good spread of breakfast..very near airport..good room acoustics and no disturbance which was very useful as we travelled with an infant

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

There's nothing that i dont like about this place.

Great Location and easy access to airport. Super Clean and Friendly Staff. Excellent Food. I loved every bit of my stay. I was worried, that did not have more time to spend their as i was in my transit. A super place to stay!

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The staff were excellent. The gym staff Sutha and Bala were really helpful and went out of their way to help. Driver Ashok is very good. All front desk staff are very professional.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

1. Perhaps, they charged me more than what Bookings.com informed for accomodation on 31st August. I am yet to check. 2. An improvement in their Breakfast seems desirable.

• Trident Club Rooms

No alcohol and bar closed, apparently due to some governmental regulations regarding alcohol near major roads. I hope for the hotel this ban in future might be lifted, at least within city limits

Airport pick-up is complementary and works extremely well. Very good breakfast and the dinner buffet is als very nice. Great hospitality of all employes, in particular restaurant and the chef need to be mentioned. Little noise due to airport proximity not avoidable, but not disturbing.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The only thing to be pointed out is that in our shower, there was always water coming out when we showered and fallingn out side creating a pond agaisnt the wall where the toilet is attached,,no matter how hard we tried to prevent it . This could be fixed surely.

The short distance to airport and the pleasent atmosphere in and all around the hotel

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Trident Club Rooms

There isn't anything to complain.

Just a night's stay at the hotel. The hotel is just a few minutes away from the airport. Driving to the hotel took us more time than expected as access roads to the airport were unavailable due to maintenance. Efficient and well-mannered hotel staff welcomed us warmly. The room was clean and maintained well to the highest standards. We requested a quiet, non-smoking room and the hotel room was just that. We had a good sleep on a comfortable fluffy bed with warm comforters.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Really convenient location close to the airport however quite a distance from the city centre.

Great restaurant and facilities. Exceptional service from all staff particularly reception who went above and beyond to cater for me and all my inqueries and requests to give me that little bit of convenience. So refreshing!!!

no comments!

Excellent service, clean and all hotel people always looking to support you as a customer; lovely place. I definitely will be back to Trident Chennai. !

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Rooms were of good size, very comfortable, service levels excellent Swimming pool and health club were very nice and open for long hours to enable guests to use them

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Very friendly staff that remember your name and your preferences from the previous trips. Mr. Dharani at the restaurant makes one feel special with his service and professionalism.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Surprised that in-room breakfast service was so sloppy this time, it is unusual. The plate cover was there with no fried eggs plate under it. Toast was bread, no sugar or sweetener, no teaspoon to stir the tea

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

They did not honour what was written in the email from booking.com. AC in the bathroom was not effective. Response from staff members was delayed

Location and Spa

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Staff very helpful. Close and convey to the airport. Free shuttle service. The gardens and pool looked beautiful. Very luxurious hotel of excellent international standards.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Convenience and quality comes at a price $$$. Ordered room service but they got my order wrong ... may have been my fault and it was late so let it go. Once you add all the taxes it was Rs1200 for a pizza I didn't eat.

Convenient location near the airport. Very high quality. Car driver for shuttle from airport was courteous and professional. Staff friendly professional and polite.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The hotel is not worth the value of 5 star hotel. Lift is very slow and old. Furniture and interior needs to be refurbished. There are hidden cost more than 20% as expected. The charge is more than list in the booking.com shows as local extra cost. If I knew it earlier, I wouldn't choose this one but Radisson Blu.

Free airport limo pick up and set off.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I made the booking under my name but they keep emailing me and referring to me as Mr Lewin. Sexist!!!!!! Way too overpriced. Definitely not four stars or five stars. Bed was very hard

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I AM STRICTLY VEGETARIAN JAIN BUT THEY MADE SURE THAT I GET TO HAVE MY FOOD AND IN DOING SO THEY AHVE GONE OVERBOARD AND DO THE NEEDFUL. CHEF GOBU AND ARUNA WERE PRESENT AT THE DINNER TIME AND THEY MADE SURE WE ARE COMFORTABLE ALL THE WAY.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

An early flight meant we didn't get a chance to try the breakfast buffet. Maybe next time!

The staff were warm and welcoming, and went out of their way to be helpful. The lunch buffet was absolutely fantastic - such a great variety of really delicious food!

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Breakfast had good variety but taste was OK.

Room service was prompt and exactly what we ordered. Housekeeping staff were polite went above and beyond to keep us comfortable.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I wish I had been staying for longer.

Bed was great - really soft and comfy pillows. Food was excellent. I had the best breakfast I've ever had anywhere on Sunday morning. Perfect dosa, masala potato, sambar and coconut chutney. Mmmm... Gorgeous! Loved the pool - even with the planes flying overhead (you can't have everything). Set up my office for a few hours and still got great wifi outside. Staff were friendly, attentive and helpful without being overly ingratiating.

Loved everythmng

Fabulous service Front desk personel fantastic Found me an (upgraded) room when i arrived unexpectedly a day early and they were full up Fabulous breakfast Private driver/car to/from airport. - not just a shuttle Terrific (club level) sleeping room

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

• Trident Club Rooms

Still using the same old door knob cards instead of switching and bed side telephone didn't work properly.

HK staffs bala, murthy and f&b staff are very helpful during my stay.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was great!Relaxing atmosphere out of the city chaos. Very professional and friendly staff.I want to express special thanks to the staff member Bala.Cannot speak highly enough about the care and attention he gave to our small child. Our 3 years old child jumped into the pool but thanks God Bala was nearby and pulled him from the pool.I will always be grateful to him for it!

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Mosquito control in lifts and common parts could be a little better

Staff All terrific Special thanks to Nitin Menon who gave outstanding service Food really excellent and thanks to Gobu Kumar sous chef

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Only that we couldn't stay longer!

service was outstanding - proactive contact for airport transfers, early morning breakfast provided, and complimentary drinks. We only had a short layover, but it could not have been more lovely!

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Would be nice perhaps if staff were a little less formal -- sometimes it's nice just to have a chat -- and there were perhaps too many visits from different departments to the room to check all was okay, but these were minor things. Also, a folder in the room explaining the hotel's facilities would have been useful (although a call to reception answered all my queries).

Rooms and general facilities were great, bed was comfortable, food tasty and nicely presented (I had prawn risotto from room service), and the gym and the pool side -- both of which I made good use of -- were ideal. The free transfers to and from the airport were also much appreciated, and it being only a five minute drive to the airport was the major draw. Overall, although my stay was short -- with a very early morning start -- I had a really lovely, relaxing time.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

• Trident Club Rooms

Missing some facilities such as barbershop, mini markets, ATM and or flour/gift shops

The kindness of the staff and the way of handling issues were professional. The food and Cheif selections were extremely good

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Extremely attentive, friendly staff. Everything possible done to make the stay enjoyable. Very relaxing pool area. Food is excellent, especially the a la carte selection

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Food is a bit expensive for what u get. Also was given a smoking room and my preference is non smoking. Room had no odour of cigarettes Staff offered to change me if there was odour

Staff very attentive

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

1. Hotel room facilities are toooooo old beyond my imagination. Really can't think it deserves a five-star although everything is clean. I come from Leela palace which costs almost the same but Leela is far better. 2. Early from my reservation and email communication later on, I've mentioned there are two guests... However, only "one" pair of shoes, one bath robe, one.... are provided... Careless mistake... 3. Though close to airport and free airport transfer provision, five-star and the set price are kind of overrated...

Close to airport. Nice check-in counter service. Free airport transfer.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

TV channels since over crowded set top box . Very bad reception and sound with limited channels- not speak worthy of 5 star hotel. AC does not work properly

Hospitality and prompt service. Good wi-fi speed

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

I have travelled all over the world I have never stayed in hotel where the staff went over and above the call of duty. Nothing was too much trouble. We were a small group staying to attend my daughters wedding. After seeing my daughters mehendhi 2 of the staff made a cake for her,decorated it and bought it to venue. This was totally voluntary. They also gave her and her husband the presidential suite when they arrived to stay after the wedding and decorated it with red rose petals and towels in swan shapes. Nothing was too much trouble and every request and action was delivered with unfailing charm and politeness. Sadly I contracted bronchitis for the last2 days of our stay but every staff member asked how I was feeling.

• Trident Club Rooms

Nothing! I certainly can't write two or three sentences about something so good. We were family for a wedding celebration and they did us proud bravo

Staff very courteous and attentive. Would go the extra mile. Helped us with fitting sari. Food and drink very good. Extras so thoughtful. Ambience peaceful and quietly Indian. Lovely pool area.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The room was cold, and when I tried to lower the AC, a smell of mould invaded the room. It was too late in the night and I didn't complain, but I am sure the staff would have moved me to another warmer non-smelling room.

The breakfast buffet was absolutely amazing, with French, Japanese, Indian, English and American food, all very fresh and admirably presented! The IT staff went out of their way to get my phone working and help me with all my connections. Everyone was super friendly and helpful!

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

It´s more expensive than it seems due to taxes and service charges. Internet is not free.

Close to the airport, free airport shuttle. Excellent service, great staff.

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I can vouch for hospitality at Trident having stayed in lots of their properties. Staff is friendly, service is good and properties are well maintained. Reasons to stay in Trident Chennai: Very close to airport. Free pick up and drop Very competitive prices if booked in advance Good food Friendly service One suggestion: The pool area can be improved as it looks a bit shabby. Overall great experience. Highly recommended.

• Reviewed: 24 June 2016

Nothing particular.

Comfort and hospitality are commendable. Staff are highly willing and interested to fulfil our needs. Courtesy and behaviour of the staff right from the entry, front desk to restaurent are really very nice and worthy of the status of the property. Whenever I visit Chennai I would like to stay here.

Stayed in May 2016

• Reviewed: 23 June 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The food wasn't great, especially breakfast, and overpriced. The room was very musty-must not have been opened for a while and we were not able to control the thermostat.

Stayed in May 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The bed was really comfortable. But the pillows very of poor quality.

The breakfast offered many options.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Comfortable room, very clean. We loved the interior. Staffs were very friendly and enjoyed the great food.

Browse Trident Chennai traveller photo gallery