Reviews of Alba Guesthouse

#37 of 49 B&Bs and Inns in Reykjavík

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Was great :)
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

Great breakfast. Beds are comfortable and close to the city. Easy to find and lots of parking available. Toilets are very clean and hair dryer was available.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Accommodating and lovely host who showed us the room and...

Liked everything

Accommodating and lovely host who showed us the room and even took some breakfast our for us when we were leaving super early. Thank you so much!

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

So so place, not enough bathrooms, good location.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Everything in the city is expensive bit even so, only 2 bathrooms for all the guests there was not nearly enough. Water smelled, but I think that is also normal for the city. Breakfast was ok but nothing special.

They left us flowers for our honeymoon which was very nice. The staff was relatively nice (after seeming a bit harsh at first). Location was pretty good.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Place is nice and clean. In American standards it’s a low grade hostel yet the price is like for a
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

As spouse to what it sounds like on Booking it is VERY far from the Air port. Also, we came earlier then check in time and the owner was very grumpy at us which made us feel uncomfortable

It was very close to main attractions in the city. The house is cosy

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Clean rooms, comfortable beds, good location, very nice...
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Private parking place is rather small and you might not find enough room for your car (no worries - you can park on the street for free).

Clean rooms, comfortable beds, good location, very nice owner and awesome breakfast. Check-in and out quick and easy.

Comfortable value for money guesthouse in good location.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The first 2 nights was in room next to bathroom and people were taking long showers between 11.30pm and 2.00a.m. which woke me up and kept me awake.This was not guesthouse fault but inconsiderate people.After that I moved to another room and was good. Bathroom floor was not always clean.Important to do once or twice daily as shared by several rooms.

Nice comfortable bed and,clean room.Quiet location and very convenient for bus terminals when taking trips. Nice breakfast room and good quality breakfast especially good coffee. Use of fridge located near room was handy.

Basic but comfortable, helpful and friendly staff, 10/15...
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Others staying there were sick down the toilet and on other instances just left it in a poor state which is how it would remain for long periods, more regular cleaning checks would be nice. In addition there was a generally unappealing smell about the place at times. Other people staying there were inconsiderate- kept us up into the early hours which is mostly out of the staff's hands.

Basic but comfortable, helpful and friendly staff, 10/15 minute walk into Reykjavik. Bed was very comfy.

Reykjavik Stop-Over
    • Quadruple Room with Shared Bathroom

Stayed in a 4-bed-room, and there was enough room for four people and their luggage. Comfortable bed and warm duvet. Nice breakfast. Good location in walking distance to town center and all the shops.

Great hotel, clean, quiet, lovely and comfy place to be. Recommend it!
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Everything was great. I have no negatives to talk about this place. I stayed there because I needed a hotel near the domestic airport but that would be ok for the city as well, as it would be a 20 minute walk to the main church. Bonus!

The property host was incredibly friendly and very helpful too. The breakfast was delicious! The bread was freshly baked and the coffee was fantastic. I have also made some sandwiches for my trip during the days I stayed and the price for those was super reasonable as well and gave me the flexibility of traveling around without worrying about lunch :) Room was so comfy and the bed was great! Sharing a bathroom/toilet was not a problem at all.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Clean and comfy with a tasty breakfast
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

Staff was mildly grumpy. At least they were the day I was there. But as a grumpy guy who works with travelers, I totally understand. The walk to town involves walking over a busy overpass (with a sidewalk, so it's perfectly safe). Not a complaint, just something that should be noted.

Bed was comfortable. The breakfast was better than I expected. Very clean. Free parking. Short walk to town. Decent value in an expensive country. I would definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

The guesthouse stored my luggage for 5 days safely.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The room and the dining room size is little bit small

The guesthouse stored my luggage for 5 days safely. Location is good. especially close to BSI bus terminal.

A pleasant overnight in the capital city!
    • Quadruple Room with Shared Bathroom

The room was very functional for our visit - we had a quadruple room, two adults and two children. It was a short walk to downtown and we felt very safe at all times. The innkeepers were very helpful in providing direction and suggestions. Breakfast was a typical European breakfast, but very good. We enjoyed it!

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

I appreciated the location and the quiet
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

I was in the basement and the room was hot

House is close to the BSI terminal and easy walking distance to downtown. Quiet property. I also walked to Reykjavik airport from the house.

Cozy place with better breakfast than some hotels we stayed at.
    • Quadruple Room with Shared Bathroom

The breakfast was one of the nicer ones we had in Iceland. Fresher bread and French press coffee prepared at the table. Very clean, comfortable beds and overall a cozy place. Good value.

good and reasonably priced.

Shower needed attention.

Comfortable and clean bed. Very good breakfast.. Owners helpfull and friendly . Allowed me to store my bag for a few hours after checkout .

Not a place you stay in a place like iceland.
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

Host and their treatment. They weren't friendly and courteous. Toilet seat is broken. There was no microwave and the hosts are not trying to accomodate any guest request contradicting to iceland's culture. Parking was not sufficient.

Room was neat and clean.

Excellent value for money in a very expensive destination. Excellent breakfast.
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

Only one toilet on the upper bedroom floor, shared between 5 bedrooms, made waiting inevitable.

Very helpful hosts who took time out of their day to explain how to get to the main sights and tell us how to make the most of our few days in Iceland. Breakfast was provided for us when we were leaving at 3 in the morning. The guest house was within easy walking distance of Reykjavik town centre and there was free offroad parking at the property. Rooms were spacious and each had a wash-hand basin .

Convenient room a short walk from city center
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Shared bathroom shower could have been cleaner, was always out of soap.

Included breakfast was delicious and excellent value, room was small but clean and comfortable. Owner was kind enough to let us drop off our luggage early.

Excellent place to stay
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Had a great stay, the room’s were small but we just needed somewhere to sleep at night on our stay. Very clean and a nice selection of cold food for breakfast. Excellent staff

value for money
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Unusually: guests in the hotel use room slippers leave their shoes at the entrance. very very unconfined. For 5 rooms on the one level will be good to add second wc

Very good location, parking for the car, good staff, very good breakfast

Nice relaxing atmosphere
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Spartan shower room, not very practical. It would need to be checked more often by the staff (e.g. once I found no toilet paper, nor paper towels)

Having a wash basin in the room is super handy. Nice landlords and good breakfast.

The location was really great.
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

I excepted a little more for breakfast & the beds were not the most comfortable but overall it was good. It was a little too pricey for what we got.

The location was really great. The coffee was delicious.

I was traveling around Iceland for 7 days.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The room was clean, but the house itself could be much better. They have a lot of potential to do an amazing Guesthouse there, including the terrace that was not cleaned/prepared.

I was traveling around Iceland for 7 days. Amazing Personal, nothing to say against. The breakfast was also OK, and the location is not central, but is not far away. Around 15minutes walking to get in the city centre (where the shops are).

Good for a 3 night visit. Excellent breakfast.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Just a couple of small maintenance touches would really up their game to the next level. Broken window latches, deck upstairs needs cleaning/ better furniture etc. Place is great now, but could be outstanding with a little more effort.

Very comfortable breakfast/ common room with lots of windows and view of garden. Very good breakfast. 10 minute walk to Perla or to downtown. Torstead was very friendly and helpful as well.

Lovely and affordable place to stay with nice people; good location to city center
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Lovely guesthouse, a very short walk into the town center, nice breakfast, a lovely owner who I had a great talk with and gave good walking directions and food recommendations. I stayed in a single room with shared bathroom; it was clean, comfortable, quiet, a bathroom was always accessible. All the tour companies did direct pickups from the guesthouse for activities, which was great. When arriving at the airport, I had booked the Flybus into the BSI bus station, from which the guesthouse was just over 1 km walk. Learned that the Gray Line bus does airport transfer directly to/from the guesthouse, which then worked well for my early morning return flight.

Great value for the location and cleanliness. Amazing breakfast and very helpful owners. Recommend!
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

small room, but since we only spent couple hours a day in the Guesthouse it was a not a huge problem:) We really had everything we needed.

Great location. Couple minutes by walk from downtown in quite quiet neighborhood. Breakfast was a huge plus and the owners were willing to prepare it earlier for us when we had a whole day trip. Everything from bathrooms to hallways and bedrooms was super clean and smelled very nice. Free Wi-fi and very helpful and kind owners. We truly felt like home <3

Fantastic Staff, Breakfast, Service, and Stay!
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The price was very high, especially for the size of the room, but Iceland is typically very expensive anyway, so it wasn't a big deal.

The staff was very helpful and friendly, and provided us with recommendations on places to eat and travel to. On the last day of our stay, they called a taxi for us, and we were able to go on the whale watching tour before we flew out of Iceland on the same day. The breakfast was excellent with ham, cheese, crackers, various cereals, juices, eggs, sausages, etc. I highly recommend staying here.

An enjoyable stay
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The room was a decent size with a comfy bed and good duvet. The heating was good, curtains kept the light out. No problem with the shared bathroom as there were two showers, no queues. The breakfast was good.

Alba was as expected, friendly staff that saw to it that...
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Alba was as expected, friendly staff that saw to it that everything was in order. People might think it is some way out of town but if you take Petergata you are straight in the city center before you know it. You won't regret it

Great price and location with a fantastic breakfast
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

A bit of a wait for the loo in the mornings, but I’m clutching at straws here... it’s fab to see it busy as it’s brill.

Short walk to town and the proprietor was very helpful. Absolutely fantastic breakfast!

The location is pretty good.
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

The location is pretty good. Room and bathrooms were clean. Breakfast was tasty and host was likable so time was nice there. I recommend this guest house! ;) Btw Iceland is great choice! U won't regret ;)

Breakfast was good :) Also got to see the northern lights...
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Breakfast was good :) Also got to see the northern lights from the guesthouse on the 2nd night. I think it was a fairly good deal for Reykjavik if you want your own room. Its a walk from the city center but I enjoyed it even in the middle of winter.

Great place, good value in Reykjavik
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

I liked everything, only improvement could be a kettle in the room so you can make a coffee.

The guesthouse was in walking distance of town, the tour buses pick you up from the door and the breakfast was yummy! The owners were friendly and helped organise tour bookings. Good value in Reykjavik.

All in all, thank you, I enjoyed staying at Alba and would do so again
    • Quadruple Room with Shared Bathroom

I did not like the housekeeping. First of all, no one asked if it is wanted or not. Secondly, we found some of our stuff on floor after this housekeeping service. So that was strange... Also, one drawer was broken in the cabinet so that was inconvenient to use. Plus, it was dusty behind the cabinet (had to pull it while I was trying to fix that drawer). I found some stuff (a mini chocolate bar and lots of dust) under the bed which was not nice to see either.

Loved the breakfast,the host was able to provide me with needed information, there was a fridge I could use as well. The host made sure there is some vegan food to eat for breakfast. Thank you so much.

We will come here again!
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Best accomodation in Reyk! We found our favourite place! Great owner. Nice room. SuperB breakfast! Really close to BSI for FlyBus to Airport and close to bus stop aprox. 3 min. walk. 11 stars from 10

Lovely base from which to explore Reykjavik
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The room was ideal for a single, there was plenty of choice at breakfast and if you wanted you could have extra coffee. It is located away from the centre and is in a quiet area which is lovely for a good nights sleep

Great value for money!

Everything was perfect!

We stayed there for 6 days! Everything was excellent. Guest house was close to the city centre, breakfast was exactly what you want, we even had awareness alerts from owners when the weather was bad to drive & when the Northern Lights were visible :-) Room /bathrooms were super clean and the internet connection was working with no issues at all! Staying at Alba's Guesthouse was a great choice! Thank you!

You will have a great comfortable stay here!
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

The hosts were amazing. So caring and always looked out for us. On the mornings they would ask about our plans and help us decide what to do based on the weather. The lady felt so motherly and caring. The breakfast coffee was an amazing start to the day. The place was cosy, clean and great value or money'

Nice budget guesthouse
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Facilities were basic and was a bit of an awkward walk into town. Walls of the room were quite thin.

Very friendly and helpful staff, room was nice. Good value.

Happy to stay here and definitely come back again.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

good location, easy to go to the city centre and the Bsi by walking. owner of the property Thorstein is friendly and very helpful. good breakfast. quiet environment, tour companies and airport shuttle picking up and drop off point.

Never again
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

Rude and uninviting owner and staff. Didn’t offer coffee or place to sit on early arrival. They told us we couldn’t return until after 3pm and breakfast would cost us about $15 USD per person. Bathroom/ shower dirty. Definitely not worth the price, lower than hostel quality. Beds hard, inadequate bedding/sheets.

They left few snacks out for us on our last morning when we had to leave very early

We had a very busy weekend so the hotel was only used for sleeping. We were out the rest of the time
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Hot drink facilities in a centralised location would have been nice.

Comfy room. Double bed had single duvets, meant I didn’t have to fight the wife for covers.

Great accommodation, breakfast & location
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The hosts were great at explaining use of the guesthouse: facilities, breakfast etc. The breakfast was extensive with fresh coffee per guest. The bathrooms were clean and rooms were great with sufficient storage and very comfortable beds

Perfect location near city centre and can walk home after a full dinner in the city centre.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

We bought a microwave dinner but we didnt know the we can not enter the kitchen and use it so we didn’t eat that food and throwed it and had to eat eat others . We should see the details of access first when we need to buy the food

I like the breakfast a lot as I love yogurt very much ! And there are quite a lot if choices of breads and convenient when I need to catch the shuttle bus for tours in the early morning.

The room was very accommodating to my needs.

Could use more outlets.

The room was very accommodating to my needs. Didn't have any issues with the property. Enjoyed the fact that one could wait inside while waiting for the excursions to pick you up. If you stay downtown you usually get picked up at a bus stop. Also liked the fresh coffee provided with breakfast. The property was really clean while the remolding was being done.

great guesthouse for a budget stay
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Don't arrive before 3pms you won't be able to check in earlier. They did let us stay in the dining room until 3 as we got there 1.5 hours before. Cleanliness overall is really good but could defiantly improved as in our room we found a dirty sock probably from a previous stay. They do come an tidy up your room every day which is really nice.

Great value for money and really nice breakfast in the morning. The room is very warm and cosy and water in the shower also which is a great plus. Great location - 10 minutes walk to city centre. The host is very nice offering very honest advice about what things you can do and activities

Fantastic location! Parking! Wifi! Great Breakfast! Clean and Comfy rooms!
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Area of improvement for lady who also shares shift with gentleman, as she could more courteous with customers, and when she was in there was no tea or even kettle at nights and breakfats buffet items kept missing and people were too scare to ask. She was nice but overall loads of room for improvement for her customer service skills.

Location perfect, parking space, fantastic breakfast, good wifi, cleanliness, the gentleman serving is just fantastic!

Really nice hosts!
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Really nice hosts! One night they knocked on my door to say that you could see the northern light outside. :-) (just an illustration of how friendly and thoughtful the hosts are)

Felt like home.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Nothing. I could have said I wanted dinner, or a private bathroom, but this was not what the guesthouse was all about. It was a great price and fitted our needs perfectly. Stayed there 11 years ago and will come back again soon.

The owners were always around and very helpful with any local questions and gave great advice. They even went as far as to print an email for me and put a copy on my bed - just in case I had not seen it. Awesome.

The bread at breakfast was fresh and tasty.
    • Quadruple Room with Shared Bathroom

The owner wasn't wecoming to us, but we did see him smile at other guests. The breakfast area wasn't large enough for the number of guests staying at the guest house. the facilities were basic.

The bread at breakfast was fresh and tasty.

Photos not representative of all rooms and bathrooms - we...
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Photos not representative of all rooms and bathrooms - we stayed in one of the basement rooms which was quite dingy, small and dated. The shared bathroom was unclean and very dated. Our room was next to the bathroom and this made it very noisy and difficult to sleep. Location 15 minute walk to town, but at night this walk felt unsafe. Would not recommend.

Owners were really nice and friendly.

N/a

Owners were really nice and friendly. Also easy 10 minute walk to bus stop 8 where all tour companies stop from and also close to city area. Breakfast was really good (great coffee!) and nice confortable rooms.

Alba guesthouse is good value for money with friendly staff.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

It is not super-central (but very close to the Perlan museum), so be prepared for a 15min+ walk to the city center. It could have been explained a bit better upfront, until when you have to ask for take-out lunch and how much it is. The WIFI information could be in the rooms instead of just at one central place.

One day I had a day trip planned but no lunch and the owner made an exception and let me take some self-prepared sandwiches for free and even gave me a banana and juice on top. Super nice! The rooms have a bed, some storage and a sink, that's all you need. With breakfast, you always the option for tea or coffee that is made for you and fresh fruits combined with the usual stuff such as bread, ham, cheese or cereals. It is a clean & quiet. WIFI reception was good and stable and for free ;)

THE LOCATION, OWNER HOSPITABLE, GOOD BREAKFAST AND FREE...

A LARGER LOUNGE AREA FOR KNOWING BONDING WITH OTHER GUESTS AND A TV SET

THE LOCATION, OWNER HOSPITABLE, GOOD BREAKFAST AND FREE COFFEE/TEA, NEAR THE CENTER,SITES WALKING DISTANCE. GOT MONEY'S WORTH

Lovely stay Iceland people are very nice and friendly.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

I wish the Owner was there cos we hardly meet him cos if we had met and talked to him I would've seen northern lights cos he knows about it more than others.

Everything was just fine cant grumble hot breakfast was very good real valu for money the owner is a very nice humble person. there were lots of other guests who were very friendly. Like Home atmosphere. Enjoyed

Alba Guesthouse was a good value and our stay was very comfortable.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

While the location of the guesthouse was convenient, you aren't easily able to walk to the center. You definitely need a bike or a car, but the drive is less than 5 minutes.

The Alba guesthouse was in a very convenient location just outside of the city center. The breakfast buffet was well worth the extra charge and the wifi worked pretty well throughout the house.

I was very happy with our stay- the host is very nice and...
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

I was very happy with our stay- the host is very nice and helpful! Bathrooms are shared, but there are sinks in the rooms. The location is perfect: just 10 min walk to the main shopping street and 10min (in the other direction) to a glacier/ice museum (highly recommended, by the way).

A good place to spend few days in Iceland, no spectacular amenities but good value for money!
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

You need to take shoes off at the entrance so make sure you bring slippers

Family-run guesthouse, friendly owner (thanks to him we spotted the Northern Lights!), a no-frills but decent buffet breakfast, located 10-15 min on foot from main bus station and 30 min walking to city centre, free parking available

Cute little guesthouse and good breakfast for a one-night stay
    • Quadruple Room with Shared Bathroom

Maybe another toilet on the second floor would be good.

Cute little guesthouse near the city center (we had a car so the location wasn't really a factor). We were 4 and the room was definitely big enough for all of our suitcases. There are two showers on the second floor which was quite sufficient. There is a sink in the room which is helpful. The breakfast was great and plentiful and the hosts were nice. Great value for the price. :)

If you have a baby don't stay long her
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The room was small (normal for a guesthouse), but what was more disappointing was that our booking said that we would have a sink in our room but we did not. We have an infant and that would have been handy. They do provide a nice crib and there is a high chair for kids, but the sinks are too small to bath a baby and there are no tubs (shared washrooms too)- so it is best for only a 1 night stayif you have babies. The owner was nice at times but then almost rude at times. If you do book here, do not bother show up before the check-in time. If you arrive early to Iceland, I highly recommend renting a car and touring right away before you check in.

Out of 11 places we stayed on our trip around Europe and America, this had the most comfortable bed. The breakfast was also the best out of any we had (that includes breakfasts thy we had to pay for)!

Nice staff, nice place.
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

The staff is quite kind. We were going to visit the volcano and park our car in the garden and everything is fine. When we come back we have also got the hot water. I do appreciate. If there is a kitchen it would be better. Though it is already quite comfortable. Nice place.

really enjoyed the location, food and owners. room a little cramped, but overall positive experience
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

room small and cramped. no place to set luggage except on floor and then had to step over it. Only one toilet on floor but two showers. too many people trying to share the facility.

friendliness of the owners.

No nonsense place to stay close to the heart of Reykjevik.
    • Quadruple Room with Shared Bathroom

Staff could be more friendly. Rooms just cots with linens. Everything a bit run down.

Breakfast was good. Good for backpackers that need a break inside for a night.

Great place for getting into town and close to BSI, good value
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

A little tired in places but for price / location it didn't really matter

Close to BSI and not too far from central. Had a nice last nights rest in Iceland on my own after, tents, huts and hostels.

Comfy beds & and an excellent breakfast. Slightly shabby.
    • Quadruple Room with Shared Bathroom

There was very little space in the room to put any of our belongings. The wall between our room and the shower room was so thin that when anyone had a shower it sounded like they were in the room with us. The lighting was very dim. There was an air of shabbiness to the place.

The beds were very comfortable and we slept really well. The breakfast was excellent with a generous and wide range of food together with freshly made cafetieres of coffee and pots of loose leaf tea. It was easy to find and easy to park. Not too far to walk into the city.

Nice staff, clean, 20' by walk from center, pretty good...
    • Quadruple Room with Shared Bathroom

Pretty small room for four people but no big deal

Nice staff, clean, 20' by walk from center, pretty good value for Reykjavik, possibility to order good packed lunch for your outings.

Pleasant stay in a cozy guesthouse.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The wifi could be faster and a little mini fridge in rooms or else access to ice would be good.

The bed was incredibly comfy and it was the best breakfast I've ever had in accommodation outside of the English speaking world, I really enjoyed being given my own individual cafétiére and being offered new ones when I ran out. For able bodied adults it's very easy to walk to and from the town centre, it would however be difficult with small children or for elderly/infirm people.

Clean, good breakfast.
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

Only one single toilet/shower on the lower floor - there were beds for at least 10 people on this level and this was insufficient. Our door needed lubricating - very noisy!

We arrived very late and were met with a (tired) smile from the owner. Shown to our rooms with no fuss or bother. The facilities were spotless and the beds comfortable. Decent room darkening shades. Breakfast was very good - breads, pastries, hard boiled eggs, ham, cheese, cereals, fruit - all fresh and well prepared and the dishes refilled as soon as empty.

Adequate!
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Flexibility on the part of the owners regarding early check-in would be helpful.

The guesthouse was minimal, but the breakfast was adequate. We paid 4 star rates for 2 star accommodation.

Quiet location with easy access to main routes in and around Reykjavik
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Room was small, with a bit of a wait for shared bathroom in the morning.

Clean and quiet. Reasonably well located as a base for exploring Reykjavik, close to main roads if you are driving. Staff helpful.

It was a place to sleep and not much more
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

Iceland is expensive, I get it, but value for the money was definitely lacking. We stayed at the end of the week at a property that was priced approximately the same or less; it had a MUCH BETTER location, private bath, and full kitchen. This property was clean and functional; the staff, however, was not particularly helpful when we first checked with them after our morning arrival. They were like: "well you can't check in until 3p; have a good day." So, if you have to stay here, its not a terrible place. If you can, keep looking as there are better properties for the money.

Breakfast was decent, well-prepared and enjoyable

Good place to stay in Reykjavik that is not within walking distance of downtown
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Location was not in downtown area.

I called the owner around 9:00 at night to tell him that we would be arriving around midnight. He said to just ring the doorbell. We got to the guesthouse about midnight and rang the bell. The owner came to the door within a minute and was obviously woken from his sleep, but was pleasant. A nice continental breakfast was included and the owner worked quickly and pleasantly to make sure everyone was fed.

very good accomodation with really good breakfast
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The host was really friendly and courteous, have always time if you have any questions or need help. The breakfast was really good, too. Really a rich breakfast, where you don´t miss anything. The rooms where really tidy and clean, nothing for which you can complain. The only thing is that the house is a little bit clairaudient, but that´s no big deal. thumb up!!

No frills but does the job for a short stay
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The property seems tired and needs modernising, though it had all the basics we needed for our short stay. The owners are nice enough but don't go out of their way to make you feel at home. It's a basic, no frills guest house but fine as a place to put your head down after a busy day.

The breakfast was really nice, especially the bread.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

It was clean and the breakfast was fine.
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

The location is quite far from downtown. It's a hefty walk and not easy to get to. The staff wasn't overly friendly.

It was clean and the breakfast was fine. They did accommodate us by taking our luggage early. The plane arrives at 640 am and you can't check in til late in the afternoon.