Reviews of Centric Guesthouse

#32 of 58 B&Bs and Inns in Reykjavík

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Not good
    • Double or Twin Room

Place needs an up grade. The bar down the street played very loud music until 10pm. Parking very hard to find and when we asked for help the person on the phone response was not helpful.

No breakfast provided

Central location
    • Double or Twin Room

Our room was directly over a restaurant that played crappy 80's music all night. I brought earplugs so not a big deal but be warned. The room has a lot of windows which are lovely but heat the room up quite a bit. We were burning up. (visited in September. There is also no free parking so we spent a lot on parking on the street.

Central location and comfortable bed. Check in was easy .

Not good at all
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

This place should have gone through redecoration a decade ago. Way below any reasonable expectation, even for a budget accommodation. Lights in the room was not working. Shared bathroom is tiny, not possible to use without touching the walls. Some rooms are under the stairs (feel yourself Harry Potter), people will walk right above you - very noisy and disturbing. Staff was very disappointing at check out.

Location is good

There was some kind of a loud sound like a train till around...
    • Double or Twin Room

There was some kind of a loud sound like a train till around 6.30 pm....then it stopped... Would have been nice to have met someone at the reception at least sometime during the stay

Convenient
    • Double or Twin Room

It was our second experience. We stayed in the guest house one week before. We didn't see any staff, same as the first time.

Well located.. Confortable. Information written in the welcome paper clear and useful.

Good price and good location.
    • Double or Twin Room

No comments here. All was fine.

The location is perfect, and the staff were very helpful in getting my room ready as I booked and showed up almost at the same time.

A nice place to stay in Reykjavik
    • Double or Twin Room

The place is really Nice. It's a bit hard to find but honestly it worth it. The bed is really confortable. The situation is great of you want to go out for the night.

Hotel with great location but older facilities.
    • Double or Twin Room

The facilities were a little older than we expected. You have to use a key code to get in the door initially and the keys to your room are left on the front desk so we didn't interact with staff much until we checked out in the morning. I would have preferred a staffed front office desk. Although water in the city generally has somewhat of a sulfur smell, I felt like the water was excessively so at this location as the smell wasn't as strong at another hotel we stayed at in the city on another day.

The guesthouse has a great location and is within walking distance of the major sites in the city.

The location and the staff were spot on.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

I never received an access code pre checkin. I had to call once I arrived. The main light in my room was burnt out. That was fixed the next day. The bed was not very comfortable and the room was not the cleanest. The prices seemed a bit high for basic lodging with a shared bathroom.

The location and the staff were spot on.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Great family guest house.

Somewhat noisy as room 2 on main street

Superb location near to bus stop 3 and main Reykjavik centre attractions. Owner super friendly host, full of useful information.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Good location but disappointing
    • Double or Twin Room

The toilet and bathtub were dirty and the floor and wooden window frames very old. The bedsheets were not so clean either. No toiletries except a small hand soap. Looks much better in photos than in reality.

good location

If I come back to Reykjavik this is where I would want to stay/

Nothing. We had booked a room with an ensuite bathroom so were happy with that. I guess if these are all full when you book and that's an issue for you then consider it.

The owner, Orva, was a wonderful host. He met us at check-in and as we were early allowed us to store our luggage and then walked us to a gorgeous place for breakfast. At the same time gave us a bit of history of Reykjavik and lots of good suggestions about places to go and things to do. As we had arrived very early in the morning our rooms weren't ready but there is a lovely kitchen/lounge where guests can hang out. There are cooking facilities for those a bit daunted by the prices in the restaurants so an ideal place for anyone on a bit of a budget. We were only planning on two nights in town before heading off on a camper van trip somewhere. We did not have an exact plan but had vaguely considered the West Fjords. It happened to be where Orva was from so he was invaluable in giving us the best advice we could have hoped for. We ended up in the most remote and beautiful places staying on camp sites where we were the only people there. Lastly, I didn't appreciate from the website just how central the place is, right bang in the middle of town! Highly recommended. Peter

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Good location, but only one notch up from camping.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

At no time during my stay did I see a staff member......not once.My key was left at reception with a note. I could not get in the building until someone coming out let me in...and I was checking in at 6pm, not really late at night. The teaspoons with the coffee facilities were hardened with dirty sugar from previous guests, there were no maps available to be seen, or info about the city.It was absolutely bare minimum, but at quite a steep price!

Good introduction to Reykjavík.
    • Double or Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

We had a bit of trouble finding the place. There is no big sign. Look for the yellow door and have your emailed key code ready.

Great position. Staff very helpful but only there very occasionally. Clean, safe, comfortable.

Great Location - Pleasant Stay
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

I wish there was a lift from the ground floor up to the rooms, as hauling a suitcase gets to be very difficult up 3-4 flights of stairs. No staff around in the hostel even when I need to check in or out.

The beds were comfortable. Room was clean. The room was very clean and stylish. I had a nice view out the window over the local neighbourhood. The location was great. Very central to everything. We arrived late at night and our keys had been left for us at the front desk.

This little guesthouse is close to the main part of the city...
    • Double or Twin Room

This little guesthouse is close to the main part of the city and is in a fabulous position for tour operators pick up and drop off. We stayed twice at this guesthouse. The first stay was for four days and the second for one night. With the first stay (4 nights) the room was never cleaned and the towels, bin never changed. One small travel soap was the only offering for bathroom hygiene during this time. By just running the vacuum over the floor and refreshing the towels and soap ( even every second day) and emptying the bin would have brought my rating up considerably. Accommodation is expensive in Reykjavik. This place is in a great location and bed is comfortable. I would recommend this place to travellers... and if the owner takes on the above service improvements then I’d thoroughly recommend this guesthouse.

Big and spacious, safe and right in downtown.
    • Double or Twin Room

I don't think I ever received an email for the door pin number so I had to call the staff to get in, which was expensive on my phone plan but also difficult because I was checking in at the worst time ever - the final game of the world cup.

The room and bathroom were very spacious. I had a balcony overlooking the street with bars and stuff right outside. All the bars close by 1 AM so I was able to get sleep and it wasn't too noisy. The bus stop to get to the central travel area was just outside.

Location is good, 5 minutes can reach a big supermarket.
    • Double or Twin Room

Reached first day and found the shower broken, informed the landlord come to fix. Second day back to room and found there was no tidy up, called the landlord and said that service people forgot. Third day back to room still same, and this time the reason was service people asked for sick leave. So everyday my husbund need to find clean towel from other room ourself.

Location is good, 5 minutes can reach a big supermarket. The restaurant next door is very good. Pick up poin of Greyline is one minute can reach.

We liked the boutique style of the hotel and the old...
    • Double or Twin Room

The need to leave this guest house!

We liked the boutique style of the hotel and the old stylistic character of the furniture and design The room was spacious and clean with a balcony (which is quite rare in Iceland-we didnt use it but it adds to the peccularity of the guesthouse) The very central location of the guest house was a real merit especially on a rainy day And last but not least - Our host Orvar is the best! He was so cooperative in explaining patiently and with great humor all we wanted to know about the city and Iceland (and we wanted a lot), he shared with us some of the building history, he helped us with the flight back and instruction to the airport transportation and in short - the perfect host! Thank you Orvar

Easy check-in and very pleasant and helpful staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

Location is in a very young and active part of town. Street and backside of the hotel can be a bit noisy at all hours of the night. Street parking is expensive and may be far away from the hotel.

Easy check-in and very pleasant and helpful staff. Room and private bathroom were spacious and clean. Stairs were easy to manage, and the location is very close to bars, restaurants, and nightlife.

Comfortable, central guesthouse for short stay in Reykjavik

Delightful sunny attic room - loved the window could be opened to let in the summer evening air. Room extremely clean; comfortable bed. Plenty of room for luggage & sitting with a cup of tea. Nice hot shower. Location was excellent - 50m from Bus Stop #3, and just around the corner from main shopping street, including 24/7 grocery store (tip: self-serve salad bar makes an excellent cheap meal); and close to main city-centre attractions (all in walking distance).

Disappointing but served the purpose for one-night stay.
    • Double or Twin Room

Wish I'd know how far away I'd have to park (over 1/4 mile at least), so getting bags to/from was a pain because parking even a short time nearby during the day was virtually impossible. The owner was very nice when I called on the phone upon arrival but he was predisposed elsewhere and we had to call him for access code, and check in/out info. Stayed only one night, but never saw him. Entrance was torn up (no drywall). Room is pretty small.

Location is near the central part of town which was good for our purposes. Easy to get to restaurants and rest of downtown by walking. Place was clean but pretty Spartan.

very tired and old for the price.

The room was so tired . There is a big crack in the bathroom floor. No television and the bathroom has not been refurbished in years . The carpet was old , it felt really bad to be there. The noise started early from a restaurant removing rubbish early in the morning. I would not ever stay there again .

great location for the centre of the town.

Central location, with bus stop for airport drop off and...

Would have liked room to be cleaned etc. at least once during 4 night stay

Central location, with bus stop for airport drop off and trips right outside and close proximity to shops, restaurant, harbour

Impeccable location. Nice staff and budget room!!
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The only thing I didn't enjoy that much is the room next to the road and the traffic was a little noisy for me since I'm a very light sleeper. But I can get by with earplugs. If you are light sleepers perhaps you can ask for a room not facing the main road.

The location is amainzg. Bus stop no.3 is right in front of the house, which is the main stop that lots of tours pick up guests. It's very convenient to walk from here to anywhere. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Room is clean and the bathroom is well maintained.

BEST LOCATION POSSIBLE.

It was old, but clean. I don't spend much time in a room so location is always my priority. BEST LOCATION POSSIBLE. The room was old and had an old mattress, but it was clean, so not a problem.

Couldn't have had a better location. The owner was super helpful prior to my arrival. Very nice person! Right near the bus stop so transferring to/from the airport was convenient - tour pick up too. Short walking distance to the best parts of town and the piers.

Not much better than a hostel
    • Double or Twin Room

A lot of basic facilities were not there: no shower gel, no desk (as promised on Booking.com), no fridge, no towel rack, no elevator for third floor ... and reception was almost never there. Furthermore, the mattress felt very used, the blinds did not keep out the light, and there was noise outside the room.

Location in the center

Charged twice and waiting for the refund of the duplicate charge..
    • Double or Twin Room

The only reason we gave this a poor review was because we were charged twice and have yet to be refunded the duplicate charge. Everything was great with the hotel. We never saw a human working there our entire stay, which was somewhat weird; but was fine. We were charged twice though. I've sent an email and tried contacting with no success. Really upset about the duplicate charge.

Great location and great accommodations

Everything.
    • Double or Twin Room

We stayed on Saturday night there, and because of the bar outside, it was a bit loud. Didn’t bother us much, but someone who might be sensitive sleeping in a loud place, it might be an issue.

Everything. Friendly staff, clean place, central location

It’s central of you want to explore the city
    • Double or Twin Room

If you get a room facing the main road it’s very noisy. The hotel could do with investing in sound proofing. You get cars beeping and music from cars can even be heard. A bar next door means music until the early hours and wood floors means you hear the other guests moving about. If you need quiet at night then I recommend going further out the city as it was noisy here until about 5am

It’s central of you want to explore the city

Close to city
    • Double or Twin Room

It´s a basic guesthouse so expectations need to be kept low. No cleaning during our stay. Very loud outside on the streets and only single glassed windows so if you have difficulties sleeping I would go for another one.

Close to the city. Good Internet connection.

We loved Reykjavík and hope to visit Iceland again but would never stay at the Centric guesthouse ag
    • Double or Twin Room

There was no one on the premises when we arrived and we could not get in until another lodger happened to be going out and opened the door. The owner was available briefly later and said he had sent an email with a code to open the door and other instructions which we did not receive. The room key was left on the desk with a Lahore welcoming letter which was not very informative. The room was very basic and there were no toiletries except a small bar of soap. There was not even a wastepaper basket in the room or bathroom. There appeared to be a small leak under the bathroom sink as well. We were booked for 2 nights but there was no maid service. The furnishings in general were somewhat shabby.

The room was very private, the shower was good with plenty of hot water although like most hot water in Reykjavik there is a definite sulfur smell. The beds were reasonably comfortable and one could adjust the heat in the room.

No frills guesthouse at a super strategic location...
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

No frills guesthouse at a super strategic location (seriously can't ask for more). The staff was super helpful, answers any question that you may have. Strongly recommend.

Perfect location for exploring downtown, and a bus stop meters away. Nice to come back to, daily!

Sheets could be softer

Great location, Dadi(there’s an Icelandic letter or two in there vice a “d”) was a very sweet guy at check in and check out, even if he hadn’t been, they have very helpful check in sheets. Loved having a sink and electric kettle in my single room. For a cheap but good meal head downstairs and one business over to Icelandic Street Food!

Huge room/bathroom in fantastic location
    • Double or Twin Room

The bed wasn't very comfortable. You could feel the springs in the mattress.

This room was huge! The bathroom was almost as large as the room itself. The room was really clean and the wifi was great. Staff was very friendly and offered some great tips.

Central place to stay in Reykjavik
    • Double or Twin Room

Good hotel located right in the centre of Reykjavik, great place to stay for access to Reykjavik restaurants and night life. As many places in Iceland all check in/out is done without contact to the people owning/running the accommodation, this works fine if you do not encounter issues. At Centric Guest house you get a code on E-mail prior to arriving (write it down if you don't have access to your mail in Iceland you will need it to get in), when you get in your key is on the desk at the reception with a note on what/how for the area. The Guesthouse is approx. 50km from Keflavik international airport and the drive took us 45min (Early Saturday morning) All in all a good place and we would stay there again.

Great central location as the name suggests. Good value for Reykjavík
    • Double or Twin Room

Some street noise overnight. Guest house does not serve breakfast which should be made clear when booking.

Excellent location for exploring Reykjavík. Staff were helpful.

The place has the best location!
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

A little bit noisy if you get a house facing the street. No ensuite bathroom, but the bathroom is not that busy to share, and it is very clean and got everything you need.

The place has the best location! Although no breakfast provided, there are plenty of good restaurants around for you to choose. The bus stop is right in front of the guesthouse which is really convenient.

Excellent location, clean basic room.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Shower cabin was tiny, might be difficult for bigger or older person to get there. No breakfast but I knew that and left early anyway.

Excellent location, easy to walk around the city center. They sent me the code for the door in advance and the key was waiting at the reception desk. I did not see any staff there during my stay but I called them about the payment and person on the phone was friendly. There were two shared bathrooms on the first floor where I stayed.

The guesthouse is located at the heart of the city, from...
    • Double or Twin Room

We did not meet the owner either at our arrival or departure, which made the experience a bit impersonal.

The guesthouse is located at the heart of the city, from there it is possible to visit everything by foot. Our room was large and comfortable and the bathroom very clean. We received some funny notices and advice at our arrival.

Great location& clean room with good natural light.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Need the access code (different from booking.com codes, the property will email this) with you when you arrive, the guesthouse reception isn't manned all of the time.

Great location& clean room with good natural light. Very good value.

I had issues finding my code to get in, so I had to call the...
    • Double or Twin Room

Parking was a bit difficult to find, but once we were in the place everything was wonderful!

I had issues finding my code to get in, so I had to call the number to get a hold of them. They answered promptly and were eager to help! Several restaurants and pubs close by for our last night! We loved it!

Location is super of the super :)
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Next house pub made night crowd noises , but that happen everywhere :))))) ( needed fresh air, slept with open window )

Location is super of the super :)

I would stay there again
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

It is a little noisy if your room was along the street due to busses and taxis stands in front. Also the shower was so small I could barely get in.

Great location and very charming and clean

Fabulous location in a funky old city guest house.
    • Double or Twin Room

Our body wash dispenser was empty and we had no back up. There was a little portico with a glass door that looked out over rooves of neighbouring premises. It could have been a bonus but was derelict and cluttered with building materials. Initially we were unable to contact the reception on arrival but managed to fill the hour getting our bearings.

Brilliant location right in the middle of Reykjavik social and shopping precinct. This was a very old building that was cleverly stylised to have a funky friendly feel to it. There was a kitchenette /common area all were welcome to use. The manager, once we met him, was extremely friendly and helpful with ideas on how to make the most of our last day in Iceland which also happened to be amazingly warm and sunny.

Amazing trip and can’t wait to visit again and experiance more of this incredible country.

Everything was excellent. No TV but was so nice to just relax during evenings in room without the usual daily distractions. Free WiFi is available if you need info, weather (northern lights forecast), current events etc. Maybe an ice machine in the guesthouse would help some visitors drink the Brennivin LOL

Perfect downtown Reykjavík location central to major shopping streets, restaraunts, bars, Old Harbor, etc. Bus stop #3 is only 2 doors away making access to all tour and shuttle buses very convenient. Prices in restaraunts and bars are relatively high in Reykjavik but there is a bakery for breakfast, Icelandic Street Food and bar for food/drink right next store with the best deals we encountered. To top it off, the owner - Orvar is an amazing guy. Extremely hospitable and generous making me feel like we were friends for a long time.

Charming family-run property
    • Double or Twin Room

Location. It is in the heart of the city and everything is within walking distance. Shuttle bus stop 3 is right next to the hotel, and bus stop 6 to the airport is about five minutes away up a small hill. Restaurants are close by as well. Check-in was easy. The hotel sends an entry code beforehand and the keys are left at the front-desk if the staff is not present. The staff is friendly and helpful in recommendations. The room is comfortable although the bed is a bit on the softer side.

Warm cosy secure room, good showers, kitchen space for...
    • Double or Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Loud music till 11.30pm next door, most of the food/ milk in the shared fridge very out of date

Warm cosy secure room, good showers, kitchen space for cooking, location close to everything

The guesthouse manager/owner was very kind and helpful.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

A bit expensive if you take into into account that no staff is present during long periods of the day and that rooms are equiped with only the minimal facilities.

The guesthouse manager/owner was very kind and helpful. The guesthouse is also conveniently located at Reykjavik center and at walking distance to most of the points of interest in the city. One of the bus stops for trips going to the countryside and to the international airport is located just a few steps from the guesthouse

Would definitely stay here again.
    • Double or Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The welcome we received was wonderfully energetic, and made up a bit for the wee room. Great location for getting anywhere in town on foot, which is grand since parking is a bit tricky (as in any city). Was grand to have a kitchen to use as well.

Absolutely terrific. Beyond my expectations.

NOTHING

This iconic place was beyond what I had expected. It was our first night in Iceland and Orvar was a treat of a person to be greeted by. He was so friendly and welcoming and provided us with helpful tips about traveling. It was a perfect central hub to all the nearby locations. The detail of the interior architecture was stunning. Our window was actually a door out to a patio above the sidewalk, and the bathroom was so large that I felt I accidentally booked the presidential suite! I would recommend this place a million more times. Especially to those who want to spend some time exploring Reykjavik.

Very good value for money!
    • Double or Twin Room

Our room didn't get cleaned for the entire week, while it's a non intrusive atmosphere which is good, we did need a few more bin bags ect

Very comfy bed, staff were friendly and extremely helpful and the location was great, centre of the city, and next to a bus stop!

Perfect for our short stay!
    • Double or Twin Room

Easy check in and out process. Room was perfect for our one night stay. Bed was comfortable, shower was hot and room was clean. Very close walking distance to everything.

harry potter's cupboard under the stairs
    • Double or Twin Room

To get to our room number 3 we had to walk out of the main cosy corridor, which leads to all the other rooms, and get to a freezing hidden staircase. The room itself was also freezing cold, heating was turned off when we came back straight from the all-day winter glacier trip. The bathroom is neglected and lacks the heating whatsoever, electric heater was hidden in the closed closet, so we have to find it, drag it out and turn on. All the windows are draughty, we had to change the side of the beds, since sleeping with our heads near the window we felt cold air coming in. And last but not least - the key to the main door we were given, did not fit. All of it was a rather disappointing experience. Definitely not what we expected.

the best possible location, in the very centre of the city, nice and talkative receptionist guy.

Fairly comfortable, good location near to centre of town Right next to pick-up drop-off for tour bus
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

On last night - alarm was sounding in hotel Reception staffed only for limited period. Emailed owners, but alarm was still sounding when I left for the airport at 0300 without having slept

Disappointed with the guesthouse itself but loved Iceland
    • Double or Twin Room

Room was very basic, more so than we were expecting. The room was cold and we had to put heating on full and use the portable heater as well. There were Drafts coming through window and as the beds were under the window, it was very cold the first night so had to move the beds and try to block draft as best we could. There was only a blind so this did not do much to prevent the drafts. Did mention this to owner but nothing was done about it. Limited storage of a side board with no handles so difficult to open with just 3 coat hangers and 2 bedside cabinets. The owners don’t reside at the property and we were on trips we only saw them twice.

Room was clean and location was very good close, to centre and bus stops, so made everything easily accessible

Central location, friendly staff.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

It's a bit of a walk from there to free parking (by the Saga Museum). Keep this in mind if you're renting a car.

Central location, friendly staff.

I didn't see a single member of staff while I was there...
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Duvet was a little lumpy.

I didn't see a single member of staff while I was there - including reception. This is a very good thing. I didn't need them, so why waste time?

Excellent value, excellent location and excellent host
    • Double or Twin Room

Shower leaked on the floor

Location was excellent. Probably the best of any hotel. Near bus stop pick up for trip (27 paces away). Between old and new town. Host was excellent. So friendly and helpful

I loved all the tiny details and decorations: pictures on...
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

I loved all the tiny details and decorations: pictures on the walls, coat hangers in the form of animals, ... The room was warm and cozy, the bed super comfy and I've never had a fluffier duvet in a ho(s)tel in my life. The location was also perfect, everything a tourist may need (including the central bus station) is within a few minutes' walk.

Lovely place, Iceland met all expectations including the prices :-)
    • Double or Twin Room

We drove past the place many times looking for it, driving in circles. We eventually found it, so could be better sign posted. Parking is limited outside and chargeable (free weekends), but we never struggled to get parked up. You can hear traffic through windows at front of house, but it didn't bother us, and we slept fine.

The location was the best thing as it was next to restaurants and bars and the people there were very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and as warned the water smelt of rotten eggs, which is the sulphur in the water. The rooms are basic, with a kettle but no tv. The beds were comfortable and rooms clean.

Cute small rooms in bustling area.
    • Double or Twin Room

A bit noisy (location), had to find parking and feed meters.

Great location, cute room, the most amazing water pressure I've ever encountered in a shower.

There was no toilet paper in the bathroom, I noticed an open...
    • Double or Twin Room

There was no toilet paper in the bathroom, I noticed an open cupboard and took some paper myself. Also there was only a tiny piece of soap by the sink, nothing for the shower so again I found a piece of soap in the cupboard. The room was adequate and the host was extremely nice, friendly and helpful.

The guesthouse was in a fantastic, central location &...
    • Double or Twin Room

The property is an old & quirky house with history - not for someone craving all the creature comforts of a modern hotel, but for someone looking for a character property, this is ideal

The guesthouse was in a fantastic, central location & the owner couldn't have been more helpful - would definitely stay there again

This is a lovely guest house: such friendly and helpful...
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

This is a lovely guest house: such friendly and helpful staff, a really nice feel to the place with thoughtful interior design what makes it feel special. And a really great location.

Lovely stay in the heart of the city centre!
    • Double or Twin Room

Everything! The staff were amazing! Bang in the centre only 5 minutes walk from the coast and catheridal! Beautiful quaint guest rooms! Would stay again! Bed was so comfy! And loved the note on arrival :-) also bathroom was huge! Loved he wetroom feel!

5.5
    • Double or Twin Room

It was a super run down room out the back of the property. To get to the room we had to go near the back door which was freezing, then into our room. The room itself was also freezing, we turned the radiator up but it was still way too cold. There was serious draft from the windows where the head of the bed is, we had to lay with our feet on that end. The bathroom was no better, the glass window was smashed and the hole was covered with tape. No wonder this was so cold. This room was like an old old annexure to the building. I wouldn’t recommend this place- not room 3 anyway.

Great hotel for budget minded traveller.
    • Double or Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The windows were drafty. There were space heaters in the room that made it warm enough though.

Excellent location, clean room, and comfortable beds. Desk clerk was great. Our flight arrived 1st thing in the morning and we were exhausted. Our room was ready when we arrived!

Hotel with a great location
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was a bit rundown but still accepatable. The shared kitchen was quite dark and the microwave was not working. Good to make the kitchen brighter

Centrally located.. Bus stop 3 is just outside the hotel

Lovely place, great location
    • Double or Twin Room

The bed was kind of awful. I could feel the springs in the mattress pushing against my elbow when I would lay on my side and it was all around hard as a rock.

The character of the decor was awesome! It was wonderfully old fashioned with so much detail! We had a huge room with a good sized bathroom and even a bathtub! The location was also wonderful as it was close to all the sites.

No towels in the bedroom when we arrived and could not get...
    • Double or Twin Room

No towels in the bedroom when we arrived and could not get hold of the owner till the following morning. Very noisy room facing the main street. They could have moved us as there were other rooms available.

A friendly family run guesthouse centrally located
    • Double or Twin Room

We found the guesthouse easily and appreciated that it was very centrally located, yet parking was easy right in front. The owner/manager was particularly friendly and helpful and very knowledgeable

Good location, cleaning could be better
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Cleaning, my bedroom was full of dust and inside of the bedside table there was a open pack of crisps from the previous guest and some rubbish and tickets. Also the property offers coffee sachets in the bedroom and a mug. There was a open coffee sachet left from the previous guest as well with one more coffee sachet to be open. I think cleaning should be the most important item in a hotel, hostel or guesthouse even that the price may be cheap. The last thing I didn't enjoy was the noise as my bedroom was by the Main street door and also the guesthouse is by a night club.

The location and the owner when I had the opportunity to speak with him (as they weren't always in the reception).

I had booked for 4 days and i was deducted for 5 days- did all my bookings from booking.com
    • Double or Twin Room

Everything apart the location was very disappointing. water is very hotrible Nd spoiled our hair- entrance is very difficult to locate- beds and entire building is too old.

The only good was location of the property.

Hostel not a Guesthouse
    • Double or Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

This should be named the Centric Hostel. After a week in Iceland we were desperate for a low price so I booked this guesthouse thinking it was a good deal and similar to the guesthouse we stayed at a few days prior. It turned out to be more like an expensive hostel. The shared bathrooms were not clean and the bed was so uncomfortable we couldn’t sleep through the night. If a hostel is what you’re after, compare this place to others.

Centrally located just off the main drag.

Browse Centric Guesthouse traveller photo gallery