Reviews of Hotel Framnes 3 stars

Nesvegur 8, 350 Grundarfjordur, Iceland

#17 of 17 hotels in Grundarfjordur

• Reviewed: 19 October 2018

Meh

Weird weird (did I say weird?!) smell on sheets. Said we were "upgraded" althought were given exactly the room we booked. Soundtrack during breakfast: worth the detour.

Pancakes for breakfast!

• Reviewed: 19 October 2018

It was a lovely experience and we wouldn't hesitate to return. The hotel is a gem.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

This was a minor point, but important to know: There is no elevator.

Everything!! The people who manage the hotel are wonderful and helpful. The rooms and bathrooms were clean and comfortable. Parking was very convenient and breakfast was lovely. The lobby was a pleasant place to sit and have coffee or tea.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

The room contained a bed.

Let's start with what this is: if you need a bed, you will be provided a bed. Expecting anything else would be asking for too much. The location itself is wonderful, in an isolated town greatly located to see auroras. The amenities of the hotel itself are non existent. The bed took up most of the room, it was difficult to walk around it. The bed was literally a mattress on a box spring on the floor, and the box spring wasn't remotely clean. It gives you an "I need a shower" feeling, but you'll go ahead and save that shower for the next hotel. Stay one night, fine. Anything longer, you'll be at the very least annoyed.

The room contained a bed. It also contained a heater with an on/off switch, no temperature. That rounds out all good things about the property.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Highly reccommend this place.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Munir helped us feel welcomed and made sure we were happy. The hotel is very nice and I could see the northern lights from my window.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

It was good, but the smell of the fish factory was too much for me
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Iceland is pricey with rooms which are not really valued for its money. Old furniture and even also some broken ones, but if you know ahead then you can live with it. The hotel is right across of the fish factory. If you cannot stand the smell then you should not book so close to a fish factory. I was feeling sick whenever I was in front of the hotel. The smell does not go inside the hotel nor into the rooms! I was shocked when I checked-in as I was told that I dont have a booking - I did the booking 9 months ago and it seemed that they had a problem in checking my credit card. I did not realize that. So therefore they have cancelled my room without any call ahead. But who knows when I fell of the grid. Nobody told me. A booking with booking.com does not mean a thing then to the accommodations. They can cancel on you whenever they want as they handle the payment and if there is a problem with it and they cannot reach you, then of course they will cancel the booking. So always check your bookings here on the webpage and look for red infos. Those mean that they ask for your attention! I did not realize anything of it as it always said that my booking is secured via credit card - which was not true at the end. Probably my fault but there is nothing wrong with the credit card details. So it was really nonsense. Bad luck for this time.

The staff member helped me as my booking was kicked out of the system. The system wanted me to update my credit card details which is strange as the credit card is used for bookings all the time. Nobody could explain it to me. Without any notice, the room was cancelled within 24hours though it was still on in my booking account infos. But the person there did his best and gave me another room with a double sized bed. I was safe for the night and could relax after a shocking moment. I had also my own bathroom in the room. It has a hair dryer and towles. I was also offered the breakfast for free - guess due to the mishap we had together. I did not do the breakfast the next day as I have left very early. I have been grateful for the calm employee. He tried to solve the problem and he did. But a phone call before cancelling the room would have been best. Problem could have been solved easily.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Staff is so flexible to borrow us the kitchen for cooking.

Staff is so flexible to borrow us the kitchen for cooking. They are so friendly and warm welcoming the guest and I feel like I will come back again! The building is by the sea and we got the best spot to see the Aurora!

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Everything.

Everything. Great location. Good breakfast. Clean and comfortable room. The staff was friendly and quick to respond to any needs. Right on the water. Perfect spot to see the northern lights. We could even see them from our bedroom window. It was amazing.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

It was good. Just wish they'd said something about the construction before we booked.

See above.

Location is great except for massive construction project across street which blocks view, the street, and has bright lights going all night - obliterating chances to see the Aurora Borealis.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

The location is perfect especially if you want to see...

The location is perfect especially if you want to see northern lights, close to the tourist attraction spots. Staff are nice and helpful. Free Icelandic breakfast. We’re satisfied with our stay.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

It’s location is great—right in the spit on the bay.

Hauling our bags to the third floor, and very little light in the bathroom particularly—although most places we’ve stayed in Iceland this seems to be the case!

It’s location is great—right in the spit on the bay. However, the trash receptacle is right next to it (on our end at least), and not pretty. It is in a rather industrial part of the harbor—but nicely kept, very clean, and with a good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Strange smell from the bathroom made the stay unpleasant.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The biggest problem we encountered was the strong and unpleasant smell in the room. The smell seemed coming from the bathroom. There was an exhaust fan in the bathroom but didn't help removing the smell. The only window in the sleeping room was small and didn't help to get fresh air either. There was no elevator and the stairs were narrow and steep. It took a lot of effort to get my luggage up to the second floor.

The breakfast was tasty and offered varieties of options : warm bread, cheese, meat, yogurt, fruits, vegetables etc.. Our room didn't have a nice view but some rooms have a beautiful sea view. The room size was small but o.k. for the relatively cheap price in Iceland.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

still a good option to choose in this area

we rent the room for 2 days, and there is no room cleaning, no towel exchange for such a period

very good location easy to go to the church hill waterfall

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Would stay here again

Hotel backs up to water, with small parking lot you can park in between. There was quite a bit of construction going on around, it is in somewhat of a more industrial area. Front desk was very nice and informative, he recommended a restaurant for dinner a short walk away (we did go there but did not have reservation so had to come back an hour later, it was delicious though). Free coffee/tea/watered down juice 24/7. Very steep turned staircase difficult to navigate safely with a heavy suitcase! Room was fine, small but all we needed. Through window, could somewhat see to north to watch for northern lights but I still went outside to look for them during night! Nice breakfast included - waffles, bread/meats/cheese, fruit. For price, was a great value in Iceland. Short drive to Kirkufell.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Very friendly owner.

Very friendly owner. There is free coffee & juice 24/7. As the restaurant was closed for winter, we could eat our own food in the dining room. Good breakfast. You get hot pancakes too. Not just a cold spread. Very spacious rooms with excellent views of Kirkjufell mountain & the Fjord.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Beds were comfortable and the breakfast was great!
    • Standard Twin Room

Beds were comfortable and the breakfast was great! It’s a clean and humble hotel, I would recommend it to a friend. Staff was friendly, looks like it’s a family business.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Good location for Kirkjufel.

Only thin net curtains over window, no proper curtains to block light, or for privacy from the factory over the road. Seemed expensive compared to other places we've stayed in Iceland for what it was.

Good location for Kirkjufel. Comfortable beds. Free tea/coffee/juice in reception.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Staff were great and accommodating, even got breakfast our...

Rooms are a bit dated/worn, but everything was still clean and acceptable.

Staff were great and accommodating, even got breakfast our early for us one morning when we were leaving before it officially started. Location is phenomenal. Great for spying the lights right outside the hotel on the water.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Clean, comfortable for one night.

There are no elevators and a difficult staircase to climb. But we managed. For some, this may not be possible. Not much around at all. But it was a cute room, it was clean and comfortable for a night.

Smallish room, but it was cute and cozy. Had a couch along with the bed. It's a historic hotel so there is charm that comes with that. No one at the desk when we arrived but instructions were clear on who to call and they arrived in 1-2 minutes.

Hotel was clean and the superior room was spacious.

There were various maintenance items that needed attention. The bedside table drawers were broken, the TV in our room only got one channel and the image wasn't clear, and the heater in the bathroom was not working. While we had a good view of the mountains and the water, it is in an area where industrial buildings were in the forefront of the view.

Hotel was clean and the superior room was spacious.

Friendly owners, good breakfast and a great place to stay if you want to see Kirkjufell.

We parked our car in back of the hotel, and even though it was a short walk to the front door it was quite dark and there were some strangers hanging out that made me feel a bit uncomfortable.

The free breakfast was a nice touch because we had been getting breakfast prior to this stay. The room was very spacious which was also relieving as the other places we stayed felt a little cramped.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Friendly staff.

Not really convenient to anything. Better accommodations and restaurants in next town to the west. Steep stairs to most all rooms - really dangerous. Shower leaked all over the bathroom floor.

Friendly staff. Great breakfast. Family-run. Comfy bed. Spacious room with couch and desk.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Hotel Framnes added a complimentary ending to our stay in Iceland.
    • Standard Twin Room

Really enjoyed every about the place. No complaints.

The owners of Hotel Framnes went above and beyond to make our stay a more enjoyable one for us. Even let us use their computer to precheck for our flight which was not required of them whatsoever. Extremely polite and curtious. Very clean rooms at a very reasonable rate. I would definitely stay here again when I get back to Iceland. Thank you for your hospitality. Sincerely, Arthur & Michelle

Clean and very basic room with small bathroom.

No internet connection in our room. Television didn't work properly even after we called staff to take a look.

Clean and very basic room with small bathroom. Breakfast was quite good and included make your own waffles which were very good.

Good hotel in an awesome location in Grundafjord, with fjord views and excellent staff

It would have been nice to have a refrigerator in the room.

The best of everything was the staff, very friendly and helpful. Location was also excellent.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, we could choose...
    • Standard Twin Room

The room facilities are a little bit ageing. It was clean but our sink in the bathroom war very small and the water drained very slowly. The area around the hotel is not the most beautiful in Iceland - it looks a little bit like a harbour factory property.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, we could choose between two rooms. The breakfast was nothing special but good. Coffee and juice for free the whole day.

Good breakfast with self made waffles.
    • Standard Twin Room

The view was in just opposite direction of the beautiful sea. The room was comfortable but the toilets quite small and there's a thin wall between the two. Just to notice.

Good breakfast with self made waffles. Seen richer but yet a good one. Nice lobby downstairs in which you can make yourself a nice cup of tea in the evening. Worth the cost. Location is good in the peninsula to start the day trip for tomorrow.

Great place to stay around Snaefellsjoekull.

climbing upstairs is very difficult, especially for people with disabilities.

Thanks to the manager, we had the biggest room at the hotel, which was specious and had private shower+bathroom, kettle, TV, another sofa and fine view. The breakfast was great. the price was fair compared to the alternatives around.

Such a lovely big room with sea view.

Such a lovely big room with sea view. The bed was so comfortable and the shower was just incredible! Room had a hair blower, large towels and face towels. The staff are very kind and helped us with everything we needed. Fair price for such a nice hotel.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

To avoid
    • Standard Twin Room

The room was dirty, which made the stay uncomfortable. The breakfast was nothing special but I was 100% fine with it since it is included in the price. Working staff were very nice. Luckily we just spent one night here

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Wonderful stay
    • Standard Twin Room

Maybe only a price little bit high but in Island it’s normal.

Everything was great: staff, the best breakfast with warm fresh bread, room with wonderful view. I totally recommended one of best stay in Island

I have been there before the beds were better andthe pillows and duvet may be better and a nicer ce
    • Standard Twin Room

The pillows in bed are not good shower is not good the water is cold and hot TV not bbc or other news channels and not to listen to radio Need to clean the walls and need to have better screen for window or darker curtins And humidity in the wall

The toewls were

Not value for money, hotel need maintenance

The room drains were blocked, they tried to open it but then the room smell bad. The whole barthroom was under water after shower. The hotel is in the industrial area with silos and building around it, also leaving a bad smell. Have to carry you luggage 3 stories up thru small steps.

Free coffee and some friendly staff.

Amazing service from the people that work at the Hotel they...

Amazing service from the people that work at the Hotel they made us feel so welcome. I will definitely stay there again next year. Hotel room had a good bathroom and a beautiful view.

The tea/coffee machine was available 24/7.

The floor in our room had a sticky patch for all of the two days we were there. It was not cleaned.

The tea/coffee machine was available 24/7. Nice after a sunset tour to the very close (3km) Kirkjufell. Good breakfast with waffles.

Beautiful rooms with comfortable beds.
    • Standard Twin Room

Beautiful rooms with comfortable beds. Friendly and helpful staff. Nice location by the sea on the harbour in a typical small Icelandic fishing village. Excellent stay!

Great location, friendly staff and very good breakfast.
    • Standard Twin Room

Friendly staff which made everything to make our stay good. The breakfast was very good and having opportunity to bake your own waffles for breakfast made my two girls very happy. :) Great location, down by the sea.

It’s was lovely tour

I love to stay in this hotel staff is very friendly they are very nice with guests and is room clean and beautiful and also big rooms delicious breakfast

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

The bathroom was very large with a roomy shower and big sink.

There was a lot of construction around the property. The under-sized sheer curtain on the bathroom window provided no privacy. The curtain on the bedroom window was also inadequate, but there was a good roller shade.

The bathroom was very large with a roomy shower and big sink. The room was large and comfortable with a window facing the water.The lobby was large with a good sitting area. There was free coffee and tea all day.

A badly managed place

It has everything to be a great hotel, but, unfortunately, it is run by an unprofessional team, that seems not to know how an hotel should be run or to care much about the guests. We stayed for two nights and had the opportunity to see how inept they are. They were only very professional at charging 280 euros per night for a double just has we entered the hotel. In the first morning, the fire alarm was triggered several times. We understood later, while having breakfast, that one of the smoke sensors in the breakfast room was not working properly. When someone tried to make toasts the alarm started sounding. In the second day, the fire alarm sounded again just after 7 am for the same reason - breakfast started at 7 am. For breakfast, only sliced white bread was available and they did not even bother to take it out of the package. Guests had to take it from the plastic package themselves. The coffee machine was permanently stopping work. The internet did not worked in our room albeit it worked fine in the breakfast room. In the evening of our second day we noticed that there was no hot water. In the next morning, the problem had not yet been solved. An electric problem, they said. The cold water was indeed very cold so no guest took a shower that day for sure. When we left no one apologised for the inconvenience. Indeed, during most of the time, simply there was no one at the reception. A lot of room keys left by departing guests were abandoned in the reception desk when we left the breakfast room. In sum, if you find better, run away from Hotel Framnes. In a couple of years, with these managers, it will be crumbling.

A nice building perfectly located near the harbour, with great views over the fiord.

Clean place but service needs to improve.

1) I needed to use microwave to heat up noodles for 5 minutes. Owner said I could use it only if I gave him a good review here. 2) I left my down vest on my chair at breakfast. I left the hotel for about 3 hours and on the way back through we stopped to see if they had found my vest at the hotel. When I walked in, the place was quiet and the 20+year old son of the owner appeared WEARING my vest! I had been gone 3 hours! He told me his mother had found it and gave it to him. He promptly turned it over to me smelling of his stinky cologne. Come on,man! You couldn’t wait for a maybe a day before pilfering the lost and found?

Clean , standard hotel that is good for a pit stop in that area.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Needs a renovation
    • Standard Twin Room

Old hotel in need of urgent renovation. Bedroom was on th 2nd floor without an elevator. The breakfast was really poor.

The location and the view to the mountains altought there was also view to a construction site.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

The only one that I found on the island with breakfast.

The only one that I found on the island with breakfast. Food is nice, location is great. Close to two good restaurants within 5 mins walk. Also 7 mins drive to the kirkjufell mountain. The hotel owner is really really nice.

Breakfast was the part part about this place.

The rooms were clean but the property is just old and needs updating. Overpriced for what we paid for the stay.

Breakfast was the part part about this place.

Very pleasant place and near to Laki restaurant that has great food.

We had to park on the road which is OK but a parking lot will be better as we have a car rental.

The place was very clean. We had a last minute additional in the family, and they accommodated us with an extra bed and no additional charge. They also had a sauna which we unfortunately had no time to go to.

A comfortable place to overnight close to the ferry
    • Standard Twin Room

The room was clean, but very small and it lacked a wardrobe or any similar for cloth storage and for luggage (the only one small stand was insufficient). We had to put our personal belongings and things on the floor. a minimal investment (some shelves) would solve the problem

The sheets were very clean, the room had a sea-view. The breakfast was great and the staff very polite and nice.Good wi-fi.

Staff were very kind.

The facilities are very old and the bathroom curtains are musty. The rooms and bathrooms smell of mold. But the staff were very kind....

Staff were very kind.

Great views
    • Standard Twin Room

The shower was tiny, 1m x 1m, with a rounded edge. Once inside it was great if you didn't move. The wifi was very weak, and dropped out altogether after the first night. Luckily we had phone data.

Comfy beds, a heater suitable for drying clothes and spacious bedroom area. Very convenient location, and nearby great restaurants.

Windy night
    • Standard Twin Room

Bathroom was heavily mildewed on ceiling. Kettle in room but no tea or coffee or cups so the point of the kettle?

Close to waterfront though it was the fishing wharf

Location is central to most attractions on peninsula with good breakfast and wonderful staff.

Shower a little tight for me and can be a bit loud later in the day street side. No elevator but most hotels this size don't have one either.

Excellent location near Kirkjufellsfoss with good breakfast selection. Free coffee and juice all day. A great central location to all sights on the peninsula and used it for 4 nights as a base.

Great value for money
    • Standard Twin Room

When I arrived the the member of staff that checked me in was very nice and was quick to check me in. When I got to my room, it was quite spacious and the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast the next day was very nice and had a wide selection of food.

ABSOLUTELY DREADFUL - DON’T STAY HERE!

I booked a double room; they gave me a small single. When asked why, they said because I was a single traveller. They wanted to charge me the full price for a double room and when I challenged this they became aggressive. Run by an Indian family, most of whom can’t speak good English. Breakfast was awful also. It’s changed ownership and the new owners don’t know what they are doing.

Not good value.

Third floor walkup. No elevator no assistance with luggage. Breakfast was minimal. Mold around sink. I am average size and could barelyfit in the shower.

Comfortable bed, good location shabby furnishings. View of construction sight not if water or mountains.

A very nice hotel with great location, available parking right in front of the hotel. Very nice staff and great breakfast with fresh waffles and homemade bread.

Amazing hote at one of the most amazing places in Iceland

Firstly, the generous hospitality of the dear owner of this hotel is worth appreciating. We were so much comforted that we felt just like at home. This hotel is at very good location and the rooms had an amazing view and were very cosy and comfortable. The breakfast also had wide variety of selections. My 7 year old kid also enjoyed a lot staying here. We highly highly recommend this awesome hotel for stay in this wonderful little town.

Very quiet room

The view is on a pier dock not so nice, you can see the sea but the hotel is front to the pier dock

Great breakfast, very quiet room, menaged by a nice Indian family

The owner was really great.

The TV in the room did not really work but nobody goes Iceland and hides in the hotel room to watch TV

The owner was really great. He wanted to make sure that I got a room with a great view, so much so that he changed my room 3 times until I felt I got a room with the perfect view. Free parking and within easy access to Mt Kirkjufell and Kirkjufellsfoss. Room was basic but very spacious and beds were comfy

Great customer service !
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Customer service of the staff is very good. Room is clean and big space for the two of us. Lots of variety for breakfast! Would definitely recommend this to anyone stopping by the night to Kirkjufell region.

Hotel Framnes met our expectations and needs after a long journey. Thanks.

Restaurant selection nearby is a bit limited.

Room was comfortable. The breakfast buffet was excellent and the eating area was always available for us to have a cup of coffee or tea during the day. We enjoyed the shorebirds right outside the door. Conveniently near a good grocery stop.

Ok for one night, service needs improvement

In the bathroom one of the lights was not working, there was no vent and the small shower head was mouldy. Power points in the bedroom were far from the desk and the bed side tables. TV was not working: we could switch it on, but could not visualise channels properly. We thought we were doing something wrong with the remote, so we asked staff at the reception for some help. We were told someone would have come to the room in 30 minutes. After 1 hour we asked for updates and we were given the same answer, but no one turned up. The morning after we reported the issue and we were told that there was an electrical problem that could not be fixed. We understand this and did not expect miracles, but it would have been nice and good service to be told the night before, rather than letting us guessing.

Breakfast was good and beds were very comfortable. Ok to stay for one night.

Very nice innkeepers;

The main disadvantage is the location - staying in the town of Grundarfjordur isn’t ideal coming/going to Snæfellsnes Overnighting in Ólafsvík or Arnarstapi is more convenient with better food options and the proximity allows travelers to take in the best views.

Very nice innkeepers; quiet and comfortable stay despite the location of the property within the industrial section of the port

Bad

There were no restaurant as it said on the home page. The staff had trouble understanding english. The first she said when we arrived was: Your card dosen´t work. She had tried to draw money from the card before we arrived, even though you don´t pay before you arrive. The kids in the owner family was out playing and screaming late at night outside our window. When we looked under the bed we found a pair of dirt mens underwear .... We will NOT go there again and can NOT recommend it.

The beds were okej

The staff was amazing and very helpful, did their absolute...

The facilities are pleasant and I got what I expected for the money. The place make up for it in location. Close to store, vinebutique and off course the most beautiful mountains on Iceland.

The staff was amazing and very helpful, did their absolute best with breakfast and I really recommend this place.

Close to Kirkjufellsfoss

Our room overlooked a construction site so there wasn't really a nice view. Also has a fairly steep staircase to climb as we were on the second floor. Feel the price was a bit inflated for this area. Was under the impression there was a dinner restaurant at this hotel but there was not.

Bed was comfortable. Spacious room. Great thick toilet paper! Breakfast was typical fare for Iceland hotels.

Room is spacious and clean.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

No kettle in the room, had to go to the lobby downstairs to boil water (and wait for it to boil). Location not good, but this is not hotel's fault. The roads leading to it (i.e. road 59 and part of 54, if you travel from north like I did) were gravel roads. So if I were to visit snaefellsnes again, I would probably book a hotel to the west of kirkjufell or on the south side of road 54.

Room is spacious and clean. On the ground floor, there is a sauna room.

Location near the harbor is convenient and a full breakfast is served. Noise may be a problem.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Due to noise we had trouble sleeping. We told the staff in the morning about the open vent and bird noises at check out but he seemed to brush it off.

The staff let us check in an hour early and a full breakfast was provided. We had trouble sleeping as we could hear people above after 11:30 p.m. talking and the sounds of kids running. Maybe this old building has thin floor/ceilings. Also, a large vent pipe near our room was being used by birds flying in and out making noise during the night.

Hotel Framnes

Drain was a bit blocked and walls were a bit thin.

Very nice staff, trying to help in any way. Hotel was easy to find. There is a sauna, which we were encouraged to use but didn’t have time. Breakfast was included. We stayed for 1 night and it was ok for us.

Dodgy hotel

We had a really bad perspective of this hotel. When we checked in the hotel room had a half used shampoo bottle which assumed to us that it had not been cleaned properly. We also found that none of the lights were working and the heater didn't work in the room either. The staff fixed the issues however it should have been fixed before we arrived. I would also recommend everyone to check how you pay because I was overcharged because the hotel uses a bank coversaion to change from euro to krona. Banks exchange rate is always worse for you. I brought this up with the hotel and was given a refund. Not the full amount but close too.

The breakfast was a European style breakfast. I would recommend only a one night stay. Basic for a stop whilst completing the snaefelles area.

Wonderful and cozy hotel right next to the water.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Wonderful and cozy hotel right next to the water. Beautiful surroundings and a surreal view of the glacier, mountain and sunset! Must try the restaurant “House of Food” located just 5mins walking from here.

I felt restless and disappointed because it was an industrial setting, with construction nearby.

There was mildew on the bathroom curtains and no shade to pull down, so no privacy between people In the parking lot and me. The duvet had long black hairs on it, not mine. Kids of the management were noisy in the lobby, and other kids were running up and down our hallway laughing and screaming while we were resting in the early afternoon.

Breakfast was fine. They came in and cleaned up the room even though we didn't want them to.

Tvivelaktigt och dyrt hotell

The hotel charged me with an additional deposit, about €90. The staff promised me I would have the money back by next monday. I’m still waiting! If you like people charging you extra for nothing, this is the hotel for you. The rooms were never cleaned during our stay. I would not recommend this to anyone.

The location was good.

Great staff!!

We really appreciate the staff welcoming us to use the breakfast area in the evening for tea, coffee, or juice. It was nice to have access to extra space. The location is perfect for dinner at Laki Pizza and walks to the waterfront. The person who checked us in was very welcoming.

The bed was like sleeping on a cloud.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Breakfast option was out of our price range. Would have liked to checkout at 12:00, rather than 11:00.

The bed was like sleeping on a cloud. Great moutain view from our window. Exceptional shower head.

OK for an overnight stay on the way to somewhere else

This property was in the industrial section of town ,which was not indicated from the promotional photos. We were assured that we had been given a room with a beautiful sea view. This was visible just past the enormous oil storage tank directly outside the window. Best not to brag about the view in these circumstances. This hotel was a bit tired and needed some TLC

The staff were pleasant and quite helpful. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom ok. Breakfast in the morning was good with a wide selection of standard items.

What I needed but certainly not luxury. Clean and quiet

Location of the hotel was a bit odd being in an industrial area.

Town location for me was good but there isn't much else in the town. Breakfast was good

The room was awesome!
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Shower was small and the water ran into most of the bathroom because there was only a drain in the corner and no wall to keep the water in.

The room was awesome! We had a view of the ocean and I loved how the room seemed like a part of a house. The bed was also very comfortable.

Browse Hotel Framnes traveller photo gallery