Reviews of Guest House Al Milion

Cannaregio 5885 (Check in at Hotel Malibran, Cannaregio 5864), Cannaregio, 30131 Venice, Italy

#212 of 316 B&Bs and Inns in Venice

Like stepping back in time and totally unlike anywhere I’ve ever been.
    • Double or Twin Room

Hard to get heavy bags upstairs without a lift.

The hotel was very well located, being near to the Rialto Bridge and within easy walking distance to St Marks Square. Staff we very welcoming. We had a very spacious room on the first floor. It was much better than we had expected. Comfy bed, clean towels each day and a good bathroom. Breakfast was really good, with a choice of cereals, cold meats, cheese, fruit, eggs, variety of breads, cake and coffee. Set one up for the day. I would return here.

lovely days with my wife
    • Double or Twin Room

hotel located in really great location near to everything, 5 min walk to rialto bridge, all destinations by water its after 5 min walk to water bus station . restaurant open almost till 2at night , it's just fabulous . I promise you venice I will be back ...

Right in the middle of Venice for a nice price with awesome Breakfast!
    • Double or Twin Room

The really thin walls:) But its a normal thing:)

The location is amazing with super breakfast! Our building was right in the heart of Venice, 2 min from the Rialto Bridge! The Accommodation had a restaurant as well with nice food! Not so cheap, but affordable for the quality:)

Good location and staff friendly. Rich breakfast buffet.
    • Double or Twin Room

First day, we stay in a room. When we open the light, there are some ants with wing in the bathroom. Second day, cleaner into our room but forgot to turn off the light. There are lots of ants with wing on the beds. It’s awful. After we told to staff, we changed to another room immediately and the room is fine.

1. Breakfast buffet is great! There are plenty of foods to choose, including: bread, toast, pastries, boiled eggs, hams, cheeses, yogurt, fruit, coffee, juice, milk, etc. 2. Staffs are very friendly. They can speak English well. And if have any problem, they will help to improve immediately. 3. The room and bathroom are clean. 4. There are some good restaurants and snack bar near the hotel (within 3-minute walk).

The location is perfect, very near to Realto😉The breakfast served is Superb because its Buffet😉😉😉
    • Double or Twin Room

the air condition inside our room was under repair they didnt informed us upon booking though air condition is included in their hotel accomodations. They should tell the truth so that they can reduce the price of the hotel less air condition.

The buffet breakfast , superb😘😘😘

I recommend this hotel

It was difficult to find the reception, there was no any sign Al million. The reception is in the hotel Malibran. It was a little dark in the room.

The room was clean and comfortable. The place is good and quiet, it is close to Realto. and San Marco The breakfast was excellent. The restaurant is good. There were enougn sockets. The room is warm. We could leave our luggage before check in and afrer check out.

Nice, comfy, but missing some things.
    • Double or Twin Room

Fridge, gas hob and sink next to the bed! Door to the building is so loud, we were woken at least twice during the night to people entering the building and slamming the door. 1 key to the room, we didn’t ask for another so I can’t comment really, but common sense tells me 2 people would prefer 2 keys. Sink, but no kettle with no tea or coffee. Drinks in the fridge but €1.50 for a water. Water doesn’t cost much here. €5 for a pack of 6 in the local supermercato. Seems cheap to me that you’d charge for the water after guests pay €100 per night, I was disappointed with this. 30minute walk from the bus station. Spend money on watertaxi or prepare for a nasty walk. The city is VERY confusing, loads of bridges that you must pick your luggage up to climb.

Nice place with a restaurant next to them that they also own. You get 10% discount if you eat there, though we didn’t because we were pre-recommended a place before we arrived. Guy was nice, gave us a map (WARNING, VENICE IS A LABYRINTH, you WILL get lost. Lots.) Bed was comfy, plugs to charge. Wardrobe. bathroom with a nicely sized shower. Handsoap and shower gel/shampoo was supplied.

Nice and cozy place to stay.
    • Double or Twin Room

No elevator, and steep stairs. Doesn't matter for young knees but might be tiring for the elders.

Tasty breakfast, very good location, close rialto bridge and piazza san marco,close to many restaurants, kind and helpfull stuff, quiet place.

We were really happy with Guest House Al Milion.
    • Double or Twin Room

It was no problem for us because we knew in advance, but be aware that there is no elevator.

We were really happy with Guest House Al Milion. Staff was very friendly and breakfast was good. We also liked the Venetian style of the room a lot (furniture seems a little old but we found it totally charming). The proximity to Rialto Bridge is great, vaporetto station is nearby.

Definite would stay here again
    • Double or Twin Room

A bit hot with no way to turn down the heat. I felt bad having to open the window at night, but had too.

Great location, friendly staff, comfortable bed, adequate space, clean, good water pressure, sound proof, dog friendly, ample breakfast.

• Double or Twin Room

Food at the hotel restaurant (with a 10% discount) was OK but the price of the drinks (water, coke, etc.) was way too high. Room could be cleaner.

Great location and good buffet breakfast.

Highly recommend if you're looking for a simple and clean place to sleep.
    • Double or Twin Room

No kettle in the room. Kept knocking on the door to ask us if they could clean before the 11am checkout.

Superb location. Very clean. Great value for money. Above average breakfast. Decent shower.

Great place!
    • Double or Twin Room

The breakfast buffet could be better but for only 3 extra euros i think ir was pretty good

The location is excellent, right in the middle of venice. The room was cozy, clean and comfortable.

Clean, great location but mixed experience overall; would probably not use this hotel again.
    • Double or Twin Room

- No internet - this was later solved a bit too late on the second day by moving me to the sister hotel where the internet works a lot better, but not until I had said it a lot of times without anyone paying attention (but lone female travellers will recognize that dilemma!) I missed out on some of the things I wanted to do because I was trying to connect to answer work emails from tethering my mobile because the hotel was unhelpful. - Room very hot with funny smell (but this is Venice so I kind of expected it, and for the rest OK it was small, but comfortable) - Top floor room: many flights of stairs; not ideal for someone heavily pregnant (me) and they were not sympathetic when I expressed polite dismay (if it doesn't state there's a lift, I shouldn't expect there to be one - fair enough, but hardly addressed with pleasant customer service and I felt bad for even saying it would be difficult for me to manage). Staff generally a bit jaded and unsympathetic, along the lines this is Venice, what do you expect. Same attitude towards internet: you don't come to Venice on a working holiday, apparently, so I'd advise any business travellers to think twice or make lots of connectivity checks before booking this place. - Undrinkable "juice" and "coffee" from machines. I avoided in favour of the usual hot-water tea or chocolate drink from machine. Might be better off breakfasting out if you want decent caffeine.

Fantastic location. Small but very clean: I'd have given a higher score for cleanliness but the second room I was given in the sister hotel Malibran although much more spacious had some ants (not many, but a few) and the shower head was actually quite mouldy around the edges (an exception in terms of the cleaning standards I saw), besides which the walls in the sister hotel are very marked and scuffed and are due a paint job. But in general, this company runs a notably and professionally clean establishment and everything was spotless. Everything in the Milion is new. The breakfast was very varied and the croissants fresh, although the "juice" and "coffee" from the machines are undrinkable, essentially.

Location is great.
    • Double or Twin Room

We ended up staying at Hotel Malibran (also their property, just a few feet away) after the first night because Al Milion didn't have handrails all along the stairs, which was a problem for my friend.

The location was great, and the staff (except for when we arrived) was great. The restaurant was good, and the coffee machine was very convenient.

overall a wonderful stay in a great location.
    • Double or Twin Room

Confusion over if breakfast was included in the price of the room, we were told on arrival it wasn't but we could have a ten percent discount on breakfast, the following day at check out we were told it was included and that we hadn't understood! So we missed out on a breakfast and had to pay elsewhere! The climb to the top floor with no elevator.

The room was spotless and comfortable, the staff very polite, excellent breakfast on our second day.

Amazing location, walking distance from Rialto Bridge and...
    • Double or Twin Room

Amazing location, walking distance from Rialto Bridge and San Marco square, good value of money, good breakfast, helpful staff, big room. We loved everything.

Frankly, not worth that cost!!! Go and stay at a better place paying the same price!!
    • Double or Twin Room

Other than location, everything was really bad. The bed, the bed head, the linens, the bathroom, the ac or ventilator were really bad and inadequate. As far as we can realize, The guest house, which even doesn't have a table or sign on its entrance, has just 6 rooms across the hotel malibran's main building. We felt as if second-class people who even were not staying in the main hotel and nobody was caring about you as their customers In addition, the bed head was shaking drastically and hitting to the wall rapidly when you even slightly moved on the bed. The AC was not working properly as they had noticed. That's why, before we checked in, they had already put an obsolete ventilator which didn't fit into a hotel room. In my confirmatin email, the hotel claimed that their bathroom was fully-equipped, NOO! that's a pure lie because there was no shampoo or shower gel and wc reservoir was not working properly, causing too much noise in the room. We were in a separate building acroos the main hotel malibran. Therefore, we even didn't want to tell the receptionist about these problems. Finally, the room was not clean at all!!! The bed sheet and the curtains were having mosquito blood remains on them, which was really disgusting. Overall, the hotel... sorry, 'the guesthouse' was really bad depending on the price. It was like a hostel but we paid about 200 euros, which was absolutely too much for this insufficient 6-room supplementary building.

only the location and early check-out is reasonable.

Air conditioning didn't work so the temperature was...
    • Double or Twin Room

Air conditioning didn't work so the temperature was around 30 centigrades celsius. After 2 days receptionist has offered different room of significanttly lower standard but with working air conditioning so we have moved there.

Nice basic room in a great location, I would probably stay here again.
    • Double or Twin Room

There was a bit of a musty smell to the room and the air conditioning didn't circulate the room.

Fair price for the great location and the breakfast was nice.

230 eur
    • Double or Twin Room

It as a scam! I would never recommend it to anybody! Pictures on the Web site are from the hotel near by!it is lousy accommodation! Really bad.

Nothing/it was a scam! Completely different pictures on website than that whole they took me in!

Great location at a very good price. Best breakfast in venice

I liked everything

We really liked this hotel, I bit hard to find but everything else was very good. we loved the restaurant, the room was clean and it was very close to Rialto bridge.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Great location to walk all of Venice
    • Double or Twin Room

It was basic, but clean. could do with modernisation. However, that said it had all you could want.

location was brilliant I walked all over Venice from here no where was too far away. 16 minutes of a beautiful walk from The train/ Bus depot to the hotel door. Wait staff where delightful, every time I passed the court yard they where chatty. Rialto Bridge 3 mins away max San Marco was a lovely 15 min Stroll over canals and through little lanes... Food in the courtyard was really good.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Air conditioning didn't work, paper thin doors to stairs and would be extremely worried if there was a fire, although there was a fire extinguisher on each level. Extremely overpriced for what it is but when you put it in context with the other hotels in venice it was cheap. Also we paid a lot because apparently it was a holiday week I'm germany and so it was very busy.

Confortable, friendly, very centrall, but basic breakfast and poort Wifi
    • Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was OK but nothing special, the internet was either really slow or just not working, which was quiet annoying. The bed was a bit old as the rest of the furniture, but it was clean, it only gave a bit an old smell in the room. Being very central has it's advantages, but also disadventages, as it was often to couded. I would recomand to book a bit outside the center if you are staying for some days, less expensive, less crouded and everything is easy to reach if you take the boat-bus, for which they also sell multiple day passes, which are expensive but it allows you to see everything from the water side.

We loved venice and enjoyed our journay and stay at theguest house Al Milon, which has a very central location and is easy to reach by boat which we took from the parking where we left our rental car for a few days. After embardking it's only a short walk to the hotel. Maps.me helped me a lot to find my way to the hotel and trough Venice with its offline maps. Don't underestimate Venice is a real labirint of channels and small streets, without this application it would have been difficult to find the gues house. Staff was very helpfull and friendly and no problem to leave our lugage in the loby before and after check in. There is a nice restaurant under the hotel of which we didn't had much noice and which had a nice terrasse to enjoy a glass of wine. We didn't test the airconditioning.

A decent place to stay with nice food.
    • Double or Twin Room

No wifi- seem the wifi don't work and they say that today's it's not working. Had read the same in previous reviews. The rooms were bit old but still clean and maintained.

Restaurant of the hotel and the food was tasty. Breakfast was just perfect. Variety of options. Nice location, just near Railto Bridge.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Pricey (I guess reasonable with its location) but convenient
    • Double or Twin Room

Maybe rooms in Venice are just expensive or we just chose a rather touristy area. A bit pricey for the budget but will still recommend. It is not easy walking around Venice with luggages so choose a hostel/hotel easy to locate. This was rather easy with a map. You can hear people coming in and out and people from the restaurant below but once you close the windows, all good. We didnt notice an AC or we just missed it so during summer, it might get warm, and you then have to open the windows.. then you'd hear the noise outside. Not good if want peaceful sleep.

We had a short stay in Venice and this was rather close to the attractions. 5 minute walk to Rialto bridge and 10mins walk I guess to Piazza San Marco. The Guesthouse was rather old but clean. Wifi was working. Breakfast is included in the rate.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Good location in Venice Good value in a very expensive town.
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was warm and if you open the windows you are attacked by mosquitos also the restaurant has outside tables below the window with heavy smoking that does get in the room

Good location in Venice Good value in a very expensive town. Breakfast is very good

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

Large comfortable room.
    • Double or Twin Room

Pack some insect repellant. This comment shld not reflect on the hotel Suspect this would apply everywhere in Venice and not just Al Milion.

Large comfortable room. Excellent breakfast. Helpful and very courteous staff.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Great location, decent value, lackluster breakfast
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast. While there was an ample variety of food, the quality was lacking. The coffee was godawful; how that's possible in Italy, I don't even know! Cleanliness: Thankfully the bathroom was clean, however the room, especially the floor, could have used a dusting.

Great location. Close to major sites. Room was a good size and had a nice view. Wifi connection was good

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

Wow! Great Stay for 3 Nights during Carnivale
    • Double or Twin Room

This is just my problem but there was a floral scent in the room. It smelled pleasant at first. I am very sensitive to smells - flowers, perfume, Lush (I hold my breath to buy products from the store)! I had to air out the room, bring food in to mask the smell. Usually, I brew a pot of coffee to get rid of the smell but it wasn't an option. I think most people would have zero problem with this.

Everything. Location was fabulous. Check-in was easy and people were friendly. The room was beautiful with sunlight. It was clean. The bathroom was very large. Daily cleaning which was totally unnecessary. I hate wasting towels, soap etc. I think some people reviewed the breakfast not so favorably. I thought it was a very good breakfast. Pastries, toasts, rolls, fruit, yogurt, custard, sliced meats, sliced cheese, hard boiled eggs, I can't remember what else. 10% discount at the restaurant for other times.I'm definitely staying here again!

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

Top value for money
    • Double or Twin Room

Brilliant value for money, excellent location, friendly and helpful staff, comfortable room, nice breakfast, nothing not to like - highly recommended

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Nice place to stay with a few aspects to improve
    • Double or Twin Room

Easy but critical aspects to be improved: the internet in the bedroom was not really working, which is a no-go for people traveling for business. Downstairs in the staff office, coworkers were smoking inside, letting all the smoke going upstairs, up to the bedrooms. The breakfast food is quite average and the loud radio playing mainstream music in the breakfast room is a killer to the beautiful Venice atmosphere.

The room was comfy and nicely arranged. The bed was good and the bathroom was nicely renovated. The 24/7 check-in and check-out is a big plus! Amazing location and good value for money (not over the weekends though).

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Great location, good value for money
    • Double or Twin Room

Internet was not working at one night out of two nights we spent there but it might have been just a coincidence.

The rooms are equipped quite simply and are not very luxurious but it is absolutely sufficient (there was a bed, a desk with a chair, small safe, night tables and a wardrobe in the bedroom, hairdryer was also included). The bathroom was even slightly bigger than we expected. Our room was cleaned every day. Breakfest is really nice. We also had 2 meals in the hotel restaurant and it was very nice and not too expensive. What is really great is lcoation - just a few steps from the Rialto bridge and 10-15minute walk to San Marco. Also the personnel were very nice and helpful. We were allowed to leave the luggage at the hotel until the evening. And we even could check in a bit earlier because our room was ready earlier. All in all, good value for money.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

The room is very warm, especially when we stayed in Venice,...
    • Double or Twin Room

The toilet is broken, there is a loud sound that buzzes all the time. The room is a little dark and the wifi is poor

The room is very warm, especially when we stayed in Venice, it rained a lot so we really appreciate that! Great breakfast and really kind staff

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Very expensive for the quality
    • Double or Twin Room

It was very difficult to sleep for 3 reasons: 1. The bed was very thin and hard, and the double was two singles pushed together so there was always an uncomfortable crack in the middle. 2. The room was extremely hot. When we enquired about air conditioning we were told it was turned off for the winter and to open the window, but opening the window resulted in a swarm of mosquitoes. 3. There was a problem with one of the pipes in the bathroom which constantly let out a very high pitched ringing noise which was extremely annoying. Overall the hotel was quite shabby, carpets and walls looked scruffy. I would expect more from a hotel that cost over £100 a night, and I am not overly fussy about hotels.

Sheets, towels and bathroom were very clean. Staff were polite and it was a convenient location.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

good value for money
    • Double or Twin Room

very thin walls, you can clearly hear sounds from both outside and other rooms.

Good breakfast served in the restaurant just across the hotel. Great location.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

good value for money
    • Double or Twin Room

the room needs renovation and air-condition seemed a bit close to the end of its life with a lot of dust on it.

good location very close to Rialto bridge, satisfying breakfast, nice personnel and in general a good value for money.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

great location, great breakfast.
    • Double or Twin Room

the bed was ok for one night, for more - the mattress wasn't comfortable. the water in the toilet didn't go down well.

great location, great breakfast. beautiful room well equipped, with bathroom and kitchenette , amicable stuff.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

The hotel has an excellent localisation.
    • Double or Twin Room

Our bedroom was good, but only the bathroom was a little tiny, mainly on the shower, it should have also hanger for towels and soap.

The hotel has an excellent localisation. It is really close to Rialto bridge. The staff were really friendly and helpful. The restaurant is pretty good as well. I would definitely come back to this hotel again.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Great location, rooms are clean, noce view

Small bathroom

Location is good, room is clean and comfortable, air condition(you don't need to pay extra), breakfast is very good, you have discounts on hotel's restaurant and parking san marco. Staff are kindness.

Bad wifi

Bad wifi

Good location, attentive staff, great while accepting my pet...
    • Double or Twin Room

Bath drain was clogged, very old carpet and furniture covering.

Good location, attentive staff, great while accepting my pet dog.

The bed was very comfortable.
    • Double or Twin Room

The bed was very comfortable. Rooms were spacious and it was right in the hear of the city.

A clean place to stay with no frills or atmosphere.
    • Double or Twin Room

No elevator. Austere furnishings. Poor lighting. Fragrance in the room and foyer.

Close to landmarks. Breakfast included.

Almost 10/10
    • Double or Twin Room

Bed was huge but not that comfy

Everything else

Nice little hotel. Ideally located in the heart of Venice.
    • Double or Twin Room

Great complimentary breakfast with nice little courtyard. Very close to CA D'Oro and Rialto water shuttle stops.

Absolutely Poor Breakfast
    • Double or Twin Room

Worst ever breakfast I have in 23 countries that I have visited. Absolutely poor , I didn't expect that in Italy

Excellent location

Cute rooms helpful staff very clean would stay there again.

Too hot couldn't get air conditioning to work. A lot of stairs.

Comfy beds nice staff good food.

It was ok for a short stay.

The beddings looked old. The heater was lacking and the room was a bit dark.

Location was great

The room was dirty, there was blood clotted on the bedsheet.
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was dirty, there was blood clotted on the bedsheet.

Overall, a nice stay in Venice.
    • Double or Twin Room

Excellent location and very pleasant staff.

CHECK IN TIME IS VERY LATE 2PM and check out time is very...

CHECK IN TIME IS VERY LATE 2PM and check out time is very early 11 am

Nice hotel , great location

small TV , stairs

location , breakfast ,cleanliness

Convenient, fab central location for site-seeing.
    • Double or Twin Room

Some rooms have a bathroom like that of a caravan!

Friendly and helpful staff. Location perfect.

In the very centre of the city
    • Double or Twin Room

Wi Fi not working Not easy to find the location, sponsored with another nane (Malibran)

In the very centre of the city

Breakfast is nice and various!
    • Double or Twin Room

The bathroom is too small.

Breakfast is nice and various!

Ok value for money
    • Double or Twin Room

Good location. The room was verry small, just basic, but clean. Excellent breakfast.

Small room but great location

Small room

Good location minutes from Rialto

Very friendly staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

The perfume or fragrance of the building and rooms was very strong.

Very friendly staff.

Amazin location.
    • Double or Twin Room

breakfast was basic but did the job

Amazin location. Nice big clean room, would stay agin

If you want a cheap, cheap room with nice staff your ok
    • Double or Twin Room

The rooms, the furniture, bathroom

The people

It's not what you're believed it is
    • Double or Twin Room

The guest house has no lift.. very basic rooms and extremely high priced

Rialto Bridge and the small shops were nearby

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Nice staff, perfect location, convenient to take waterbus

Nice staff, perfect location, convenient to take waterbus

Great location better for overnight stay only.
    • Double or Twin Room

Stairs and size of room.

No lift and very steep narrow stairs and no assistance from staff, room very basic with bed table robe and bar fridge.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Location was good
    • Double or Twin Room

Bathroom wasn't good and it was smelly, sheets weren't clean.

Location was good

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Cleany, friendly stuff, good location

nothing to mention

Cleany, friendly stuff, good location

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

It was really nice to stay at the Hotel Malibran, i would recommend my friends to try it. ;)
    • Double or Twin Room

The internet connection was sometimes poor.

The bed was really really comfy. The breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Rather good, but next time will found another place
    • Double or Twin Room

the bathroom vas very strange

Good location, good breakfast, comfort bed, very pleasant and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

A great option for Venice
    • Double or Twin Room

Comfortable room. Hotel close to the Rialto bridge. Breakfast was ok; they have a self-service coffee machine but skip the juice.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

Good value for money

Bedroom needs renovation.

Location is great. Staff is friendly. Good value for money.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfasts it should be more early

Localisation

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Mmmm
    • Double or Twin Room

Way too expensive for the services offered and the quality of the room.

The breakfast.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The air condition is too noise .

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

Good location, too expensive regarding the quality offered
    • Double or Twin Room

Bathroom was too small. For older people will be difficult to use. It is expensive as regards to the quality offered...

Browse Guest House Al Milion traveller photo gallery