View vacation packages to

5. Reviews of Affittacamere Sull'Arco

Reviews of Affittacamere Sull'Arco

Via San Pietro 4, 19016 Monterosso al Mare, Italy

#31 of 60 B&Bs and inns in Monterosso al Mare

Verified guest reviews from real Bookers

Real Bookers. Real stays. Real opinions.

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: June 3, 2019

This was a clean and comfortable room in the centre of town.

I was only there two nights so the location in the centre of town was good — fairly handy to the train station (I walked with my luggage about fifteen minutes each way). The room (with attached bathroom)was small but clean and the bed was very comfortable. However, I had to close the window during the night because people were very loud until 3:00 or 4:00am. In hotter weather this might have been a problem. There is no elevator but the woman who met me kindly carried my suitcase up the stairs.

• Reviewed: May 27, 2019

Wonderful stay for a mother daughter adventure.
    • Quadruple Room

We would have liked 2 full sets of keys to get in the outer doors and into our room to allow us to split up a bit. We should have asked for them when we checked in.

Location was wonderful and the host provided light snacks and drinks for breakfast. We had plenty of room and were able to people watch from our windows.

• Reviewed: May 24, 2019

Great stay at the middle of the winter... oh not in May

Nothing serious ....oh, yes may be one thing what I need to talk because this the mother nature... Was 55 degrees Fahrenheit.. in middle of May.. brrrrrr :-)

Nice location, perfect stay at the heart of the city. One small thing what you have to keep attention before you get booking to here. The stairs is a little bit high to get up from the street.

• Reviewed: May 21, 2019

Stay in Monterosso old city
    • Quadruple Room

It was noisy at night and early morning because above a busy street. There is no staff around to ask for help if needed, only the cleaner that does the check-in

Very nice location, it is cool that the room is above a street arc

• Reviewed: May 5, 2019

Excellent location
    • Quadruple Room

The stairs to get to the apartment but in this area I think is difficult to find any place with step free access.

Perfect location, our double room was very big, clean and we love every minute of our stay at affittacamere sull’arco. Grazie Camilla And Michela.

• Reviewed: May 2, 2019

It perfectly suited our needs, which was just a place to base ourselves. Clean and easy.
    • Quadruple Room

Not a big deal, but you have to go up very steep steps in a narrow staircase to get to the room. And I don't remember if it offered breakfast, but it's just some store bought muffin/pastry in plastic. A non issue as why would you eat a muffin in your room with all the cafe's around.

Location was very good. Plenty of restaurants and shops and a short walk from the main promenade and train station. Rooms were simple and clean. Hosts were nice. Great town and with our kids, it was a perfect base for Cinque Terre.

• Reviewed: May 1, 2019

Central location and beautiful room. Enough space for two adults and two children.
    • Quadruple Room

No reception, but that was expected. The lady who welcomed us were really friendly though. It was a bit noise from the road under the room in the morning, and might also be some noise from restaurants in the evening. No parking nearby. One of the beds were not comfortable.

It was a fantastic place on an arc over a road. The building was old, but the rooms newly renovated. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom nice.

• Reviewed: April 22, 2019

Nice room, would recommend.

Didn't like the space of the room as it was quite small, but okay for one night.

Liked the location which was central to the village, cleaniness and the polite lady that checked us in

• Reviewed: April 15, 2019

Room is Clean.

room is small. noisy because it is close to main street. it was hard to sleep well.

Room is Clean. Location is good. Free water and tea and somethings for breakfast is nice ..

• Reviewed: March 11, 2019

Loved my stay!

Nothing to do with the stay but it's generally tiring for anyone with a luggage as everywhere is cobbled stoned or have flight of stairs (hahaha)

Loved everything! Wished I had more time to spend at this location!

Stayed in March 2019

• Reviewed: January 22, 2019

My home in Monterosso

The noise isolation from other rooms could be better, but I'm just being picky.

I had stayed here before, and I confirmed the reasons that made me come back. Very nice staff, very well located, home style accommodation. Good bed, fridge in the room, nice bathroom.

Stayed in January 2019

• Reviewed: December 22, 2018

Will never ever go there again

The owner assured us we can leave our luggage at the property and he will have the key ready for us to collect our luggage at the bar downstairs in the afternoon at 2 pm before we caught the train at 3:00 pm. However we went there earlier at 1 pm the bar staff did not have the key and the owner wasn’t answering our phone calls nor text nor messages sent via Booking.com, we were stuck on the streets in tears for hours and ended up missing our connecting trains. Finally a passing local saw us and said he knew an alternative way to contact the owner which the gentleman did get in touch and had the owner come and get our luggage out but it was too late and we had already missed our trains and had to purchase new tickets.... it was very stressful in a foreign place where you know no one nor speak the local language. Luckily with the help and support of booking.com we managed to move forward. Terrible customer service and very unprofessional management and communication of the accomodation was to blame for all the hassle and trouble we had with this accomodation.

• Reviewed: December 4, 2018

Good place to stay for visit all the villages in Cinque Terre.

Making tea facilities.. Cleanliness.. Distance from train station is walkable (5-10min) The 1st village of Cinque Terre, stay here and easyly visit each town by train and not trail in winter month. Check in easy and well communicate.

Stayed in December 2018

• Reviewed: December 4, 2018

I was arrived late, the lady waited for me for me and we...

I was arrived late, the lady waited for me for me and we kept in touch via sms until I got there, Sorry I cannot remember your name. She was very nice and welcoming when I finally got there her mom was also very nice. The place is clean and is near the centre. Most restaurants were closed so I didn’t get to sample the local cuisine. The train station is 10-15 mins walk away, in the evening the tunnel which leads to the train station is closed, one has to take a bus at the piazza which is just to your right as you come out of the train station opposite Miky’s Restaurant.

• Reviewed: November 4, 2018

I had a wonderful time in Cinque Terre. I felt very comfortable and safe at Affittacamere Sull'Arco

Noise from one the neighbouring rooms.

I was met by Francesca who took me to my room. It was bigger than I thought it would be. I love the way that there are snacks and I could make tea anytime I wanted. it was very easy to find and is in a great location. The bakery downstairs sells wonderful treats, I recommend the OMG donut and charcoal croissant. This is a great place and location which provides everything you need for a holiday in Cinque Terre.

• Reviewed: October 29, 2018

It was great!

I have nothing bad to say about my experience at this property and hope other people can go enjoy it also!

Great comfy room with a large queen bed. Enjoyed the free breakfast goodies and coffee. Close to everything in town and it was air conditioned!

• Reviewed: October 26, 2018

Clean room

We were charged a ‘city tax’ on check in that wasn’t disclosed on Bookings website and which, as far as we can tell, isn’t a real tax at all. Dislike being taken advantage of by staff

Clean room

• Reviewed: October 24, 2018

Maybe bring some ear plugs if sensitive to noise.

Great location. Solo female traveller, felt safe. Easy check in, look for doorbell. Host was accommodating & provided map and answered questions. Clean & was cleaned daily. Wifi worked well. Ate twice at the restaurant right underneath. 10 min walk through tunnel from train station.

• Reviewed: October 17, 2018

Close to amenities but noisy street
    • Quadruple Room

Second bedroom is very small and beds should be updated as they sink in the middle. Beds would be ok for a child. Have to walk through second bedroom to get to bathroom. The morning noise was very loud from delivery trolleys on the cobblestones and garbage pickup. The emptying of glass bottles to the truck and their subsequent crushing was particularly bothersome. But you're in the centre of a Cinque Terre town so it will come with its own experiences.

Clean. Close access to restaurants and shops. Good view of main street.

• Reviewed: October 9, 2018

Wonderful home away from home in Montoresso Al Mare/Cinque Terre!
    • Quadruple Room

There was nothing not to like.

Michaela was waiting for us when we arrived in the early afternoon for a three night stay. Our family unit was two bedrooms each which included a TV. The unit was immaculately clean and very thoughtfully set up with a small refrigerator, hot pot, coffee, tea, juice, water and snacks. The friendliness, hospitality, comfort and location were outstanding!

• Reviewed: October 8, 2018

Lovely stay in Monterosso

Wonderful location and host. Was walking around looking for the entrance and the owner came out and found me. There is a bakery downstairs; be prepared to be first lured by the smell and back for a second time for the deliciousness. Room was perfect for one person, could have easily accommodated 2. Bed was moderately comfortable but my expectations are low when traveling. I slept without any problems.

• Reviewed: September 27, 2018

My stay was good; disappointed with the breakfast for sure.

The breakfast was pretty much packaged foods with no expiry date - nothing fresh. There was quite a bit of noise outisde my window so I couldn’t leave my windows open through the night (there are a couple of restaurants downstairs).

Convenient location with a wonderful bakery next door! I was greeted and checked in quickly along with pleasant conversation. I was shown my room and where everything I would need was. After that, I was pretty much left on my own which was just fine.

• Reviewed: September 21, 2018

This place is a gem!

Steep stairs going up to the rooms, but Mickayla was waiting for me and helped me with my luggage. I expect most of the places you stay in the Cinque Terre will have the same amount or even more stairs as it is all built on the mountains and hills.

Everything. Mickayla and Francesca were so lovely and helpful and warm and welcoming. I hope to go back some day and stay .longer than the 3 days I was there and I would definitely stay here again. I felt very safe here in the Cinque Terre as a single female traveller.

• Reviewed: September 8, 2018

Welcome/check in/housekeeping person was so friendly.

Recommend earplugs because streets below a bit loud.

Welcome/check in/housekeeping person was so friendly. Place very comfortable, clean, modern. Nice snacks available at no cost.

• Reviewed: September 7, 2018

Chilren in Monterosso
    • Quadruple Room

Nothing. Possibly steps but you get them with most properties in Monterosso.

Excellent 4 bedded room with a cot . Position could not be better right in centre of old town 5 minutes to beach. Stairs up to reception .Room above archway on via Roma on reception level so good for cases and pushchair. Lots of bustle but quiet when sleeping. Would definately re visit. Beach free at one corner good for children. Nice bar under arch for breakfast.

• Reviewed: August 18, 2018

The location was fantastic!
    • Quadruple Room

The air conditioner wasn't working.

The location was fantastic! The staff, although there was a language barrier was kind and helpful. I would stay here again. The location was perfect!

• Reviewed: August 13, 2018

A home away from home!

Nothing I can really say - if I needed to find something, perhaps the soap in the shower, but I am just being picky...:)

I liked the privacy, the independence, the great location and intimate street, the easy access to the train station and of course the lovely bakery just down the stairs and all the lovely treats left in reception - very generous and hospitable. I also appreciated the easy contact with michaela by email or phone if I needed anything. I loved it, and I will be back!

• Reviewed: July 23, 2018

It was a wonderful hotel and I would definately stay there again!

The walls were thin and it echoed in the hall, we could hear when our neighbors came and left. The bed frame was metal and a bit squeaky. But the mattress was comfortable and everything was clean.

The location was perfect. Drinks, croissants, and crackers were free and always stocked. The staff was very helpful and provided clear directions to the nearest parking area. Loved the air conditioning!

• Reviewed: May 23, 2018

Wonderful, great time there. Lots of walking. Great experience.

My daughter and I loved our stay there.

Michaela was very pleasant and helpful. Place was very secure, cozy and in a great location. The room is clean and comfy for 2 people. Loved our stay there.

• Reviewed: May 17, 2018

Great stay!

We had a really great stay at Affittacamere Sull'Arco. We stayed for 2 nights, the location was so central, check in was easy, the rooms were nice and clean and compared to other prices we saw in Monterosso. the price was really reasonable! Would definitely recommend to stay here.

• Reviewed: May 13, 2018

Worthwhile stay
    • Quadruple Room

Might get a bit noisy at night and the steps to arrive to the flat are quite steep, but there are only a few steps.

Excellent location near shops and there is a bakery and good coffee shop close to the Affittacamere. Helpful staff. Clean rooms and spacious bathroom. Good value for money.

• Reviewed: April 28, 2018

Superb! Italian hospitality at its best!

This has to be one of the best places I've stayed in Italy. I was late checking in as missed my train and then got lost and the owners found me by calling my name out the window. Super cute place to stay and in an amazing location for Monterosso and the Cinque Terre. Clean, above a bakery ( those smells in the morning!) Comfortable and the water and snacks (tea/coffee/cookies etc) are complimentary. They allowed me to leave my luggage also so I could explore for the day before returning to Genoa. Fab place to stay! 10 out of 10 all the way.

• Reviewed: April 16, 2018

Very good location, next to very nice food places and shops.
    • Quadruple Room

The stairs in and out of apartment at 2nd level is very steep. Might be difficult for some... Absolutely should not a showstopper for most though...

Very good location, next to very nice food places and shops. Easy 5 Minute Walk to and from train station. 1 Minute from a small beach- 5 Minutes from large Beach area. Beautiful location. Room was nice, with good selection of complimentary snacks water and juice. Would stay again...

• Reviewed: April 11, 2018

The ladies at the hotel were friendly and helpful.
    • Quadruple Room

The beds were not super comfortable but it was only for one night.

The ladies at the hotel were friendly and helpful. Snacks and coffee available. Excellent location.

• Reviewed: April 2, 2018

Very helpful Staff, the rom is cleaned every day, flexible...

Very helpful Staff, the rom is cleaned every day, flexible with luggage storage, small snacks and water and juice available free of charge all day. Great location

• Reviewed: March 13, 2018

2 nights in Monterosso, single room

You hear all the noises of the hotel and the street

I had a wonderful time. Very good location, clean simple rooms, nice english-speaking staff, variety of snacks

• Reviewed: March 4, 2018

Very nice.

Ok as position. Easy to get to. Very clean and nice. You had extra things like croissant, tea, watter, small bottle of juice. The village is very nice. Bigger than the other 4 from Cinque Terre. Close to the hoster were a lot of small or bigger restaurants(for all budgets ) and markets

• Reviewed: November 10, 2017

Great value and perfect for what we were looking for.

Not much of a view from room but could be on the beach dipping toes in the Mediterranean Sea in 5 minutes..

Short walk to beach, shops and restaurants. Bakery was awesome just downstairs from room. Very friendly staff.

• Reviewed: November 2, 2017

Nice place to stay

Bit hard to find the entrance since it's on a narrow alley and Google map doesn't have info of this place. Search "Wonderland bakery" from google and the entrance is next to the bakery. Located on 2nd floor and the stairs are very steep so if you are carrying huge/heavy suitcase you might consider avoiding this place.

Located in the middle of Monterosso, it takes about 10 min walk from the train station. Hosts are friendly, room's clean and cozy. You can always grab some snacks from the small table near entrance.

• Reviewed: October 27, 2017

Lovely staff, sparsely decorated, a little too far to pull luggage from train station
    • Quadruple Room

Price off season was a little high. Location from station was a little too far, pulling luggage was too far. Unfortunately, this night was cold and there was No hot water, no heat and no electricity working, noticed when I returned back to room very late at night and no one is around to help answer how to sort out. Across street is an open all night bar -good if you can't sleep, not good if you want to sleep. The empty dark bedroom space and undecorated room has a cold feeling. Lovely staff, the rooms need a little update "professional guest style" decorating. They have a wall of post-it notes of guests all stuck on walls, it's a little messy vibe. A Clean room, I hope they update the rooms professionally, this could be super charming spot.

Your room is inside a home, up a charming narrow street and walk up very steep marble stairs to this apartment and basic sparse clean room with clean sheets. Charming Building and a Sweet kind person greets you upon arrival. The location is very far from the train station when pulling luggage, use the luggage shuttle guys. From train you walk along sea into a car tunnel, into the village piazza under train tracks and then walk up hill to the home. Very authentic family living area and open late bar across street.

• Reviewed: October 26, 2017

Loved it - staying in an authentic building near the main square was great.
    • Quadruple Room

Steep stairs - would worry about small children. The 4th bed was a bit uncomfortable, but probably not intended for a full sized adult. A bit small for 4 adults but we didn't mind because the location was so convenient.

Great location and some breakfast items provided. We were also able to make our own tea/coffee. Clean and comfortable probably more suitable for 2 adults/2 kids rather than 4 adults.

• Reviewed: October 15, 2017

Loved it!!

A little noisy at night because of the night workers but it was in the middle of town so there would be trade offs not being here.

Excellent and easy location. We loved this place, very magical.

• Reviewed: October 8, 2017

Great little B and B

We could hear people in the next room but still was a great place to stay. A shelf in the bathroom would be a nice addition

Great location..very clean and good value

• Reviewed: October 5, 2017

We loved the location of this little hotel.
    • Quadruple Room

This seems somewhat expensive for the type of room, but the bed was good and everything was clean and in good working order.

The location here was great! The desk was not staffed very much, and there was no breakfast, but the staff thoughtfully left very good breakfast rolls, tea and coffee out for guests to take.

• Reviewed: September 29, 2017

Clean and comforable in a great location.

It was a little pricey and the room was quite small. It was our first time to the town so we are not sure if this was the going rate in a high priced town.

Very nicely renovated, modern and clean. Outstanding location. Great restaurants and bakery within 50 steps from the door.

• Reviewed: August 23, 2017

Wouldnt stay there again and wouldnt recommend it

Breakfast was appalling . Stale supermarket croissants, dry crackers, yoghurts out of fridge which were still there when we left o day 4. No reception at all. Just a phone number

Location was great

• Reviewed: August 18, 2017

Location is as good as it gets - in the middle of the...
    • Quadruple Room

No communal/social area - although this is not necessary in a place like Cinque Terre.

Location is as good as it gets - in the middle of the 'centro storico' of Monterosso, minutes away from the sea but a short walk from the loud riviera's bars. Indoor parking is available (for a price - 25 euros a day in the high season) a few minutes from the property. Beds are comfy, rooms are small but tidy, and complimentary cold drinks and snacks are provided. Staff is friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: August 7, 2017

Beautiful bedroon over the bridge for 4.
    • Quadruple Room

Beautiful bedroon over the bridge for 4. Very kind staff. Although the Breakfast was not included, there was coffee, tea, croisants, yogurt, cereals, cookies and many things to have a complete breakfast at no extra cost! Thank you Beta!

• Reviewed: August 1, 2017

Perfect!

Nothing. Everything was perfect.

We could not fault this place. The location was excellent. The Room was cosy and quaint, but ample enough to fit luggage. Bed was comfy and bathroom very clean and neat. Small snacks and drink are provided for breakfast. Bar fridge, kettle and air conditioning in room. There was nothing else we wanted for. The property is on the first floor, up a very steep staircase, so please be mindful of this if you have mobility issues.

• Reviewed: July 12, 2017

Charming apartment in an enchanting village
    • Quadruple Room

There were some partiers below on the street right under the apartment who were noisy until very late hours, overall we just tolerated it - did not detract from the enjoyment of our time there.

Our host was delightful and went out of her way to make sure we were comfortable. She was helpful with restaurant recommendations. The property was clean and inviting and located in such a unique place. We were provided with treats and snacks for breakfast, baggage storage and felt very welcomed. Montoresso is just a magical village!

• Reviewed: July 5, 2017

Very central but noisy

The noise from the street Confusing safebox WIFI wasn't wirking Pillows could be improved

Very nice owner Very central Next to the best bakery in italy Complimentary water ..snacks and yougert for vistors

• Reviewed: June 28, 2017

Perfect, cute, clean

It's a little bit hard to find , but it's so close to the main strip just needed to orientate myself.

Cosy room, right in centre of the old town part of Monterosso. Very good staff, helpful for checkin and out. Can leave luggage if you need to before you move on to next place. Perfect for solo traveller. I would stay again. Stairs are steep on entry but you can do it!

• Reviewed: June 23, 2017

Monterosso magic

The two things I didn't like are things they can not correct. If you have luggage, it's a long walk from the train station. Also the stairs were narrow, steep, and marble so a bit difficult to maneuver. However, I was so happy with everything else, these were not a deal breaker for me...but might be for others.

Clean quiet room with AC, refrigerator, and a safe and right inside the charming old village. Staff was so pleasant and helpful.

• Reviewed: June 14, 2019

The location was in the middle of it all.

The location was in the middle of it all. We appreciate the hosts kindness and access to goodies in the morning.

Stayed in June 2019

• Reviewed: June 11, 2019

Cute and cozy room close to everything.

Room was very close to reception.

Cute and cozy room close to everything.

Stayed in June 2019

• Reviewed: June 10, 2019

The coffee, snacks, and drinks put out to take as you needed...
    • Quadruple Room

The coffee, snacks, and drinks put out to take as you needed in your room

• Reviewed: June 4, 2019

Nice location overlooking the street, easy to get too.

E

Nice location overlooking the street, easy to get too.

• Reviewed: June 2, 2019

the room is delicate and clean

the room is delicate and clean

• Reviewed: May 29, 2019

Great location. Lovely staff. Very clean.

• Reviewed: May 28, 2019

Very clean room !
    • Quadruple Room

Very clean room ! Commodities and owner really kind and helpful :)

• Reviewed: April 2, 2019

Love it, love it, love it!

Stairs. Hard to get bags up the stairs for a Senior person. We got help when we checked in.

Love it all!

• Reviewed: April 1, 2019

internet was not working and credit card terminal , had to...

internet was not working and credit card terminal , had to pay in cash

Stayed in March 2019

• Reviewed: March 3, 2019

In the middle of the town

Visited During Feb. Heater in the room not working well..

In the middle of the town

Stayed in February 2019

• Reviewed: February 20, 2019

Very convenient and clean

The ease of the location and cleanliness

Stayed in February 2019

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

Clean and modern place.

Clean and modern place. Free snacks at reception.

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

Bed was horrible.

Bed was horrible. Metal frame bed was shaking like any thing suitable for solo traveller

• Reviewed: October 5, 2018

Absolutely terrific!

Friendly and helpful host! Beautiful room and the location was wonderful! Would definitely stay there again!

• Reviewed: October 3, 2018

Staff were absolutely lovely!

Staff were absolutely lovely! 😊 they were very accommodating. The room was modern and clean! Location was amazing! I would stay here again 😊

• Reviewed: August 25, 2018

This is in such a wonderful location. Old town is magical and you are right in the heart of it

Stairs but then who does!

Easy check in great location

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

Great location! Would definitely come back!!

The location was great, just a short walk from the train station and even closer to the beach!

• Reviewed: July 14, 2018

Very nice room for four people, would definitely stay again

Need two sets of keys

Great location, clean, comfortable, very good AC

• Reviewed: June 30, 2018

Big. Good location and super kind and sweet host
    • Quadruple Room

Individual bed was kinda broke making noises and unconfortable. Queen bed was ok.

Big. Good location and super kind and sweet host

• Reviewed: June 15, 2018

One of the best.

The stairs are too high to use. Everything else was great

Perfect location, clean room, wonderful staff

• Reviewed: May 25, 2018

Great service and location.
    • Quadruple Room

Great service and location.

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

Superb location.

Nil

Superb location.. walking distance to station and beach.. of course lots of eateries and shops around

We Price Match