Reviews of Hotel Ai Due Principi 4 stars

Fondamenta Dell'Osmarin Castello 4972, Castello, 30122 Venice, Italy

#145 of 310 hotels in Venice

Our room (205) was beautiful lovely high ceiling.

Nothing would say again!

Our room (205) was beautiful lovely high ceiling. The most comfortable bed of our stay in Italy and had an amazing hydro massage double shower. The staff were so helpful with recommendations for our 24hrs in Venice. The hotel is so well situated for The Rialto and St.Marks square and loads of restaurants and cafes. Thanks you!

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Perfect honeymoon location
    • Deluxe Double Room

Bath water always ran with little bits in it.

Everything. Very flamboyant. Beautiful suite. Great staff. Perfect breakfast. Quiet location within walking distance of San Marco.

Great location, friendly and accommodating staff, went the...
    • Classic Double Room

The air con could have been cooler

Great location, friendly and accommodating staff, went the extra mile to really help make my partner’s birthday feel special

Very Good Location and Friendly Staff.
    • Classic Double Room

Going to Venezia was a truly unique experience especially the transportation by Taxi Boat. Travelling for the first time on a Taxi Boat was a bit nervous that it was going to take me a few hours to find my Hotel. I was there in 5 minutes from where the Boat Bus docked, thanks to my Navigator on my Mobile. The room was fairly big with a big bed. The shower and toilet was very beautiful and modern. The receptionist (Guys) old man and a young guy at different shifts were very helpful. Breakfast was very good but sometimes 8:00am is a bit too late. Maybe 7:30am is ok. Taxi Boat back to the station was very efficient. I would recommend this Hotel.

Great location, comfortable rooms, and friendly staff

My USA Apple maps seemed to have the hotel at the wrong location, so we spent two hours walking around trying to find the hotel; I would recommend adding some walking directions from Zaccarria and St. Marco's water bus stations to the hotel website to help other visitors.

The room set up was fantastic - we had four adults, and the room had a double bed in one room, and two twin beds in the other, and we were all very comfortable. We had a canal facing room, which was beautiful to wake up to. The hotel staff were extremely friendly and knowledgable - always had great recommendations for where to eat (we're vegetarian), how to get around, etc.

Beautiful Room and Canal View
    • Exclusive Double Room with Canal View

Room was very warm in the evenings and couldn't turn the heating down enough. We travelled from England and unfortunately our BBC channel was not working.

Room was much more spacious than we expected and the bathroom was huge, both beautifully decorated. Staff were always friendly and helpful, for example one day we needed to print off a tour voucher, and the reception staff were more than happy to help. Canal view was lovely.

Huge shower was great.
    • Exclusive Double Room with Canal View

Gluten-free breakfast option was a muffin, toastbread & another cake all in plastic packets. The toastbread was definitely off. Fruit & other breakfast items were all fine although the choice of tea was very limited. The bed had no duvet - just a blanket with a sheet - not optimal in winter if you prefer to sleep with minimal heating & warm covers.

Huge shower was great.

recommanded
    • Junior Suite with Canal View

The place has excellent location 3 minutes from san marco square The staff helped us with everything we needed The food was nice The canal view is great! There was also a balcony - we took the junior suite Worth the money and was very beautiful with a lot of space. It is recommanded to took a bus line 1 to the hotel 7.5€ and goes 40 min and gets you few minutes from the hotel by foot (instead of taxi which cost 70€)

The staff was very friendly and nice at all times, willing...
    • Junior Suite with Canal View

First the room, I booked a suite expecting to find two rooms: one a sitting room, a bedroom and, of course, a bathroom. What I found was a large bedroom with a large king size bed, one small table, one small sofa and a chair; the second room was a small cubicle, kind of recess on the way to the bathroom with two small beds attached to the walls and a small space between the two beds with no possibility of sitting down to watch the TV. Second the air conditioning: It was the winter time, end of December, a very cold and rainy day. All wanted to have a warm and cozy facility. I set up the thermostat at 27 degree Celsius and waited and waited and waited to get warm to no avail. At last, I went down the stairs to the administration to get the air conditioning fixed. To my great surprise, I found out the the thermostat of the aircon was managed by the computer at the administration desk!!! The clerk on duty, very kindly, promised me to fix the problem. The room was never warm. At the end, I put three layers of quilts and went to sleep. To get a shower, I I let the hot water to run until the bathroom was warm enough to undress.

The staff was very friendly and nice at all times, willing to fix the problems but to no avail

First time in Venice and for sure will visit the beauty of...
    • Deluxe Double Room

First time in Venice and for sure will visit the beauty of Venice again and there is no doubt that I will stay in this Hotel again for sure. This hotel is fabulous and it has an excellent location, I was so amazed with the beauty of this hotel, the location, the Wonderful room and room facilities, the staff and everything...there is nothing you could complain about this fascinating Hotel in the Heart of the beauty of Venice.

Sparkly clean and Huge Rooms!
    • Deluxe Double Room

It might not be the most cost effective location to stay if you are carrying heavy luggage as one will have to pull the bags thru the city to get here. Although, Vaperettos are available but you will have to budget around Euro 140/- for a two way trip.

Courteous Staff! Had asked them to arrange a cake as it was my wifes birthday. Unfortunately, since that was not be possible they arranged an upgrade for us. The room and bathroom were spacious and sparkly clean.

Amazing experience
    • Deluxe Double Room

With my daughter, we two felt warmly welcomed, the room was beautiful, with all the amenities for a luxurious stay. The breakfast was served in an atmosphere of coziness and tranquility with good choice and fresh produce. Cappuccino and chocolate were very delicious. And the location of the hotel is very good - five minutes from San Marco and some steps to vaporeto station San Zaccaria.

The breakfast was nice and the location of hotel closed by...
    • Classic Double Room

The room was very small, it could barely fit 2 people and a suitcase. The window view - well, lets say we had "no view" at all. Room was clean but it was nowhere close the pictures we saw on booking.com when we have decided for this place. The person at the Reception helped us with details about getting around but honestly we would have expected a nicer/warmer approach.

The breakfast was nice and the location of hotel closed by Saint Mark square. We could leave the luggage at the hotel upon checkout and got indications to get around Venice.

Excellent value for money, would book again!
    • Classic Double Room

Breakfast was good, yet limited Rooms aren't perfectly soundproof, but this didn't keep us out of our sleep Checkout was rather impersonal

Super location: only 2-minute walk away from San Marco Excellent airconditioning Quiet hotel Large rooms (for Venice) Nice shower Friendly host/hostess Excellent value for money, would book again!

Very kind staffs, beautiful room, beautiful view with canals, close to main sightseeing!!
    • Classic Double Room

The staffs were very kind and thoughtful. The room and the view toward canal were beautiful. Short walk distance to the famous sightseeing Piazza San Marco area. And it placed just behind the crowd, so it was safe and quiet at night. Easily connected with water bus to train station and any other areas. I will visit again next time Also, they upgrade my room Thank you!

We loved the hotel and venice, just a shame we weren't offered any help with early breakfast
    • Classic Double Room

We had bed and breakfast paid for for 2 nights. We had to leave early on our final morning, but as breakfast doesn't start until 8 we missed it. We mentioned it to a few members of staff but weren't offered anything to help. In other places we have stayed we have been offered a packed breakfast if we had to leave early.

Perfect location, 5 minutes from the best places in Venice but in a beautiful quiet street. Rooms are small but beautifully decorated.

Great location but disappointing service and additional charges.
    • Junior Suite with Canal View (4 Adults)

The gentleman at the front desk was not friendly or helpful and added a charge of €25 to our bill for a lost key card!! We also had some laundry sent out as we were on a 3 week trip to Europe - the charges were outrageous, but itemized prices were not included on the laundry list when we sent it out. Beware additonal charges on your final bill... We will not return to this hotel despite it's great location. There are plenty of other options in Venice.

Some staff were very friendly and helpful - the lady at the front desk and the lady serving breakfast in particular.

Fabulous location!
    • Junior Suite with Canal View (4 Adults)

Fabulous location!! Friendly and helpful staff! Travelled with my wife and two daughters (20 & 18) and we all felt that the location was perfect and everything was at our finger tips!!

Fantastic location

My wife and I were traveling with our 13 year old son. Because we had a 3rd guest in the room it increased our room rate by 50%!? A few euro more is fine but 50% is too much but maybe that is the price you pay in Venice.....

Comfortable bed, very quiet room, location fantastic, only a 5 minute walk to St Marks Square, good continental breakfast.

Very Ve"nice"
    • Classic Double Room

Would have liked a second upright chair so we could both sit comfortably when in our spacious room

Nr Grand Canal & Centrally located to transport, popular sights, plaza shops, bars and restaurants - all a level stroll from front door.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Excellent Friendly Hotel in Central Venice
    • Classic Double Room

A little pricey for a short stay, but then again it is central Venice so to be expected. No coffee making facilities in room.

Size of room was great, nice bed and great shower, very clean, extremely pleased with the location of this property - just a short walk to some fantastic attractions including St. Marks Square. Staff were very helpful and always greeted us with a friendly Bongiorno.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Magical Venice
    • Classic Double Room

Nothing major, just a few niggles such as low water pressure in the ground floor shower at peak times.

There was a good variety in the breakfast buffet. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Rooms were comfortable and clean. The location was stunning.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

the room was big and well decorated.
    • Deluxe Double Room

one of the staff members was a little grumpy but we did not take personally and wish him all the best

the room was big and well decorated. good location

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Beyond my expectations
    • Classic Double Room

- The waiter during breakfast didn't speak English ... Though she was trying to help us the best way she could, It was a little bit difficult to get a hot cup of coffee after breakfast ... - Breakfast was very basic with little varieties

This was my first trip to Venice, I was a little bit disappointed when I arrived in front of the hotel... However, all my disappointment vanished and turned to extreme satisfaction and excitement the moment I entered the hotel - Stuff were helpful, cheerful, friendly and professional (Special thanks to Debra in the reception) - Room was very spacious with good furniture - Clean & tidy room - Excellent location less than 5 minutes from St Zaccaria and St. Mark water bus stations and very near St. Mark square, St. Mark Basilica and Doge Palace I would definitely recommend and come back again if possible

ok lokalisation men inte så serviceminded
    • Classic Double Room

Servicen var inte bra då vi fick elproblem I rummet och hade en hel natt I mörker. Blev inte kompenserade på ngt vis eller förflyttade till annat rum, fick inte ens en lykta att ha I rummet.

Mysigt hotel på en lugn gata. nära till de flesta sevärdheter.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

Fantastic hotel well situated and lovely staff, room was amazing !!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Breakfast could do with having more hot variations such as bacon, eggs, mushrooms beans etc

The room was lovely so modern and very big shower was great too.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Enjoyable stay in Venice
    • Classic Double Room

Breakfast was quite basic and there are no freshly cooked options.

Very easy to get to and close to the main attractions. The hotel is in a quiet area. Huge spacious room, great shower.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

amazing staff
    • Exclusive Double Room with Canal View

We stayed at this hotel for four days and really enjoyed it! We were accommodated in a modern elegant and cozy room with nice balcony and luxury bathroom. Hotel is located just a few minutes from Basilica di San Marco. And the most importatn thing: I really would like to thank to amazing staff that took care about us during our visit. They were proffesional, helpfull and kind Special thanks to lady behind the recepcion desk. She kept smilling all day and night long and also porter. They were great duo. Jist like second family.Hope to see this nice people again! :) Thank you

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

We had a good size suite, if a little tired.
    • Junior Suite with Canal View (4 Adults)

Shower could have been better and suite a little tired. Breakfast was disappointing.

We had a good size suite, if a little tired. Staff were particularly helpful and went out of their way to find us good restaurants, organize water taxis etc. Great location close to lagoon and Piazza San Marco.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Will go back there again.
    • Junior Suite with Canal View (4 Adults)

We have no complaints about the place. We liked it a lot.

The location of the hotel was very close to San Marco Square. The room was big and beautiful.

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

Everything!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Mmmm the only reason why I didn't like their breakfast as much was because I normally eat a heavy breakfast... their breakfast was healthy and good 😊... orange juice was great!!!! Coffe and fruit amazing 😊😊

Everything!!!! Our room was amazing!!! And staff very friendly 😊

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

Good, expensive, tipical Venice.
    • Junior Suite with Canal View

Poor money for value(standard for Venice), breakfast could be better, some room update is needed.

Spa bath was really handy after long walks in Venice. Bed really comfortable, no back pain, good restful sleep. Great location, nicest ice-cream right few shops away from the hotel. Hotel staff very helpful. Good Venetian masks shop near hotel.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

The location was perfect.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The wifi in our room was sporadic and you had to physically move to sit next to the Windows to get signal.

The location was perfect...10 minutes to everything.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

there are better options in venice
    • Junior Suite with Canal View (4 Adults)

it is impossible to arrive the hotel with luggage and the stuff was not very effective about that the room was expensive in relation to his facilities

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Good Location, very good room with a view of the canal, staff was helpful and friendly
    • Junior Suite with Canal View

The Staff was very helpful during our stay.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Untrue info about the rooms
    • Exclusive Double Room with Canal View

Untrue info about the rooms Complaint made to booking.com

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Great staff and hotel
    • Exclusive Double Room with Canal View

The location was fantastic! The staff was also very kind and helpful.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

The room was clean and comfortable and only a short walk to...
    • Classic Double Room

The room was clean and comfortable and only a short walk to st marks square and the Rialto bridge

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Lovely place to stay in Venice.

Hard to locate.

Wonderful, helpful staff. Good location.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Good location.
    • Junior Suite with Canal View (4 Adults)

Good location. S. Zaccaria water taxi station from airport and than just 5 minutes walk. Close to all attractions.

Good
    • Classic Double Room

Staff been very supportive.

Good location but an okay hotel.
    • Classic Double Room

Breakfast was a bit poor and the room was small.

Great Hotel !
    • Classic Double Room

Great Hotel !! Very spacious room !! Really great location , just a step away from St. Marks square !

Excellent location and value for money ..
    • Classic Double Room

Extremely good value for money . Great location.. very friendly staff.. good breakfast. Minutes walk from st Marco square.. highly recommend it ..

Lack of Iran facility

Lack of Iran facility

Staff and no ironing facilities

Staff and no ironing facilities

Decent two night stay
    • Classic Double Room

Small size of the room.Avoid restaurants close to the hotel!They are very dirty!

Nice hotel, excellent location,good breakfast.

• Exclusive Double Room with Canal View

Difficult to adjust the temperature in the room.

Great location. The beds were really comfy. Great to have a kettle in the room and fridge.

Most perfect hotel in Venice
    • Classic Double Room

Super nice staff, perfect location, clean room, delicious, tasty breakfast

Despite of having a Junior Suite, We had Two single beds...
    • Junior Suite with Canal View

Despite of having a Junior Suite, We had Two single beds were joined together ...also rooms were cold during the night

Don’t book

In Venice we tend to forget some confort basics!
    • Junior Suite with Canal View (4 Adults)

Unconfortable beds. Very poor wifi connection. Poor breakfast (variety and quality). Water without pressure.

The location.

Bed was comfortable, breakfast was good.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Wifi was just okay. It kept disconnecting quite often.

Bed was comfortable, breakfast was good. We got an upgrade to Junior Suite and loved it.

Nice hotel

Nice hotel

average level of stay experience, may be due to Venice is an expensive city, hotel is expensive
    • Deluxe Double Room

noise during the night, i can heard guest's talking, outside people walking

big name, and comfort bed

Great honeymoon choice!
    • Classic Double Room

There was nothing to dislike about this hotel!

Our bedroom was great - large and comfortable! The bathroom was also amazing!

Perfect
    • Classic Double Room

The bedroom was beautiful. Large and very comfy.

Its a nice plase to spend the night
    • Exclusive Double Room with Canal View

The breakfast is a little simple, but its good

Very nice room

The hotel was 5 mins walk from St Mark's Square and just...
    • Classic Double Room

The hotel was 5 mins walk from St Mark's Square and just next to the canal with gondolas.

Comfortable stay
    • Classic Double Room

WIFI only worked in the reception, not in our room at least.

Beautiful building and location, friendly staff and helpful

• Deluxe Double Room

Great location. Friendly service. Nicely decorated rooms.

Wonderful hotel and staff
    • Classic Double Room

This hotel is beautifully situated and the staff are wonderful. The breakfast that was included was also delicious!

Location was excellent

Location was excellent

Good location, friendly, but unfriendly staff and a breakfast very weak.

Breakfast, staff

An excellent location to explore Venice
    • Classic Double Room

Facilities especially limited space in the public area

Location and comfort

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Spacious room with a gorgeous view of the canal from the...

The breakfast was more of a 2* standard than 4*

Spacious room with a gorgeous view of the canal from the hotel room. Very central location

We got a room upgrade.
    • Classic Double Room

We got a room upgrade. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is good, lots of choose.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

5.5
    Very kind lady who served the breakfast.
    • Exclusive Double Room with Canal View

The accomodation did not answer the price we paid for !!! Far too crazy !!

Very kind lady who served the breakfast.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Wonderful

Big room

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

everything was perfect

everything was perfect

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Great location, cozy place, friendly and very helpful staff,...
    • Classic Double Room

Great location, cozy place, friendly and very helpful staff, in particular Cristina. Very good breakfast and value for money. Very nice room.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Beautiful part of the world, I would recommend any one to visit.
    • Classic Double Room

Rooms were very warm at night, the a/c couldn't be adjusted from the room.

Staff were very helpful when we asked about the local area.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Location was great and the staff were really friendly and...
    • Exclusive Double Room with Canal View

Location was great and the staff were really friendly and professional. Make sure to book the room with the cancel view and balcony.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Great small hotel in a great location
    • Classic Double Room

Lovely room. Lovely friendly staff. A great location to explore Venice city. Everything was in walking distance from the hotel.

Browse Hotel Ai Due Principi traveller photo gallery