Reviews of Aigua

Different Locations in Old Town Alghero (Check-in at Via Ambrogio Machin 22), 07041 Alghero, Italy

#26 of 203 B&Bs and Inns in Alghero

9.8

9.7

We were greeted by the host, who was very kind and helpfull.

We were greeted by the host, who was very kind and helpfull. The appartment was great on a toplocation. In the middle of the old town, but a calm street. Loved our stay!

Excellent location, the apartment has everything you need...

The breakfast is really minimal and the shower really not easy to access.

Excellent location, the apartment has everything you need for a nice stay in Alghero.

Super

Nice and cosy little Apartment in the middle of the old town of Alghero, the owner Emmanuelle was super friendly. The fridge was full with juices and breakfast stuff

We booked at noon for an arrival between noon and 1pm.

I don't dislike hard beds but on this one the springs were quite noticable. It was unfortunate that all breakfast items were wrapped in plastic (so much waste).

We booked at noon for an arrival between noon and 1pm. 5min later we arrived at the property and the host Emanuelle was already there. He was very kind and helpful. He has different properties and took us to a historical house three small streets away, still as nice (or even nicer) than the street where Aigua is listed at, and also quiet. The rooms were basically studios equipped also with a mini kitchen. It was a great stay and I directly recommended a coworker to stay there this weekend when in Alghero. Upon departure, my travel companion forgot his suitcase in the hallway which we realized once outside. As keys were left in the property, we had to call the host. He was on the school run but someone arrived literally within 2min to open the door, which is why we were still able to catch our bus. Pretty amazing!

Wonderful host, convenient location, great value.

The host was really delightful and very accomodating, especially as I was arriving quite late at night. It was the perfect location to stay in Centro Storico--really close to everything.

Great location to see a beautiful town

Great location in the old town with unique, comfortable space over 2 levels. There was plenty of food in the self serve breakfast. We received excellent recommendations for restaurants and shops from the friendly owner Emanuel. Highly recommend!

The property is located in the old town of Alghero in a...

The property is located in the old town of Alghero in a convenient position, since it is in the pedestrian area, but close to the regular traffic roads; therefore, carrying luggage is not a problem and, moreover, the landlord, Mr. Emanuele, is ready to help. Everything runs smooth under his supervision and he is h24 available for any request. We felt pampered; in spite of being in a self catering accommodation, bedsheets and towel are changed on a regular basis, the room is cleaned and a generous supply of breakfast food (sweet and savoury, including yourt and fresh fruit) is left in the room. On top of this, there is an espresso and cappuccino machine with coffee and milk supplies. A treat!

Aigua is at an awesome location with a fantastic host in a beautiful city. I would definitely return

Parking was public and paid. Not a problem, but the listing says 'parking', and most of my other accommodations had dedicated private parking.

Emanuele is a fantastic host. Very warm and accommodating, he makes you feel right at home and tours/explains the property well. He gave me recommendations for dinner and other things to do while in Sardinia.

Emmanuel is a great host. Very personable, available, and helpful.

As with old town locations it was a bit noisy. There was no nearby parking on the weekend but we were able to find free parking about 8 blocks away.

We had everything we needed in this small apartment. Architectural details were very creative. Location was right in the heart of old town.

Great stay for a couple looking for short break somewhere quaint.

Very thin walls, could here other people talking as if they were in the room at times.

Great selection of food items free for customers. Coffee machine included. Extremely good location. Very friendly staff.

Eclectic apartment, good Wifi, mattress needs replacing

- Bed: bottom mattress (was a queen-sized bunk bed) was very uncomfortable -- springs sticking out. Top mattress was more comfortable but the bunk bed structure didn't seem too stable and was dusty. Pillows were mainly blankets rolled into pillowcases - Breakfast: mostly packaged breads and pastry type things - Parking (for all of the old town unless you have a hotel that has parking): big headache

- Helpful and engaged host - Location is very central, right in the old town - Eclectic design of the apartment - Great Wifi

Excellent stay in Alghero

Parking - a nightmare in Alghero!! But again our host told us where to park for free!

Our host was most gracious and very helpful. He met us on arrival and gave Us a complete run down on the property and the area. The apartment was perfect With a very generous breakfast supplied. Highly recommend Aigua

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

The owner is lovely and the location is perfect, if you want...

We wish the owner had told us in advance to not drive inside the old town center, we followed our GPS and got a 100 euros fine. If you are looking for a comfortable room this is not the place.

The owner is lovely and the location is perfect, if you want to stay in the old town center. Very nice restaurants nearby, we went to Al Refettorio and Gioberti and we really liked them.

it is very well located with lots of nice restaurants,...

it is very well located with lots of nice restaurants, gelaterias around and public transport to the beachs very close and Emanuele, the owner, was very helpful with nice tips. I do recommend.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Accommodation was located in the centre, nearest bus station...

2nd level room, there Bathroom and bedroom were on the 2d floor. It wasn't a problem to me but...can be uncomfortable or impossible for other people: 1. High rise and steep staircase from entrance to apartments; 2. Very steep staircase on the 2d level of apartment; 3. very low ceiling in bedroom (loft); 4. Not enough chair to drop clothes before sleeping.

Accommodation was located in the centre, nearest bus station, very close to the beach and port, and 30-40 min from train station on foot. It was equipped with all necessary, even food. Emanuele is very attentive owner. Thank you so much:). It very easy to find and to get, there are many shops, cafe and restaurants. Really smart city. I would kindly recommend to stay in this accommodation and relax in Alghero:)

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Great host and beautiful hotel!

The beds in Italy are often shorter than in northern Europe, I'm 177cm and my toes reached just over the matras. It wasn't a problem for me, but when you're taller than 180, it could be uncomfortable. The second thing: the night was quite cold and there was no extra blanket in the room. The airco with hot air made too much noise for me to sleep through it, so I would recommend Emanuele to put an extra blanket in each room! The third thing: I would like to have a few fresh croissants for breakfast, then everything would be perfect!

The hotel is in the historical centre of Alghero, which is really nice! The owner of the place, Emanuele, told us he used to be an architect, so that's why the rooms are very interesting and beautiful on the inside. Emanuele is a very kind and helpful host, you can text him if there's anything wrong and he'll be there to fix it in five minutes. The matras was perfect and breakfast was good!

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Gorgeous place, friendly and dedicated host, relaxing atmosphere. A dream.

Everything was perfect! I write this for any prospective Alghero visitor. It is rare that I have nothing to complain about, but at Aigua there is an extraordinary attention to detail and feeling of homeliness. I'm sure you will agree how hard it is to come away from hotels without complaints because we naturally set high expectations - we want everything to work and we want it to be easy for ourselves, so the slightest issue irritates us ... not at Aigua. In short, I rank Emanuele as one of the greatest hotel hosts of his time; there are too few words in any language to praise this truly amiable gentleman and his dedication to his hotel and guests. He was there for me whenever I required his calmly efficient advice or assistance. As an architect and a creative mind, he designed Aigua himself, on a beautiful cobbled street of Alghero, to every last detail and practicality, which is quite remarkable, so the suites are unique and bring an overwhelming feeling of excitement! So it didn't matter when little issues arose, which they inevitably do anywhere, because Emanuele finds an immediate solution and allows you to completely relax. I recommend Aigua more highly than any other, and can assure that your stay will be a joy for both you and Emanuele.

The place was beautiful and stayed true to its surroundings...

The place was beautiful and stayed true to its surroundings in Old Town Alghero. Emanuele was a fantastic host and was very helpful. Thank you for providing us with a fantastic location for our last night in Sardinia.

• Reviewed: 19 November 2016

Host is wonderful and nicest person.

Shower is very small. Nothing else

Host is wonderful and nicest person. Very quick response. I got the suite, which was terrific. Right in the center of old city. Truly great value for money.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Charming place in the old town

Great location in nice historical building in old town, close to everything - restaurants, shops, pubs, bus stop. Charming interior, comfortable bed, huge breakfast, the owner Emanuele gives a lot of helpful tips. One of the best places I stayed in Sardinia for the price/quality rate.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Great, old city accommodation experience

Nothing could have been better for us. However the bathroom space is quite constrained and we wondered how large or physically challenged people might manage.

We like to be located in the centre of activity....this was excellent. Being only 2 short blocks to bus stops was also a bonus. We had a well presented, interesting, clean spacious studio unit. The self prepared continental breakfast was very generous in size and variety.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

A place to remember

I didn't like being longer than one night. I regret that.

I liked the whole pack, since I met Emanuele until I left day after. He is one of the nicest person I ever met, he explained everything about the room, helped me about the city... About the room I loved everything. All brand new in a very old building (140 years old), everything was clean and tidy to the most little thing. A lot of food for a breakfast( I couldn't eat even the half of it). Very cosy place and very quiet for being in the main center of the old city. everything is close, shops, restaurants, monuments, beach... You can not find better quality/price in the market. Amazing staying, I recommend it 100% and I will come back for sure! Thanks Emanuele for making my trip to Alghero a place to never forget. Ci si vede presto!!

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

Really nice B&B in the historical centre of Alghero

The low ceiling in the bed- and bathroom could be a bit of a problem.

Nice small apartment in the historical centre of Alghero. The location, tidiness and the incredible nice host are the best experiences of this B&B.

We have travelled in Italy for many years and Aigua is one...

We have travelled in Italy for many years and Aigua is one of the loveliest places we have stayed!

Great location, great owner

Thin walls and limited filling for espresso machine 😊

Great location, great owner

Beautiful

It was overall very pleasant for me

Excellent location, staff kindness and helpulness, clearness...

difficult car parking in Alghero.

Excellent location, staff kindness and helpulness, clearness, comforts, coffee.

Excellent location.

Internet was slow.

Excellent location. Cosy apartment. Very friendly personel.

Perfect for a short stay in Alghero!!!

Everything. Cosey room good airco good location! Lot's of food drinks and fruit inclusive. Nice receival by Emanuel! Unique disgned room.

Great location for an wonderful visit to Alghero.

Thought the steps in the bathroom could be dangerous when wet.

The great location, and attractive presentation of the property.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Lovely

We enjoyed our stay a lot! Aigua is charming and cozy. Emanuele was very kind and helpful. Thank you!

That kind of place you know it will be a 10/10 even before you step in the apartement!

Perfect

Great place!!! Thanks

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

Very good location, cute apartment and nice host.

just one way plastic plates -> eating dinner was not so comfortable on it. WIFI was quite weak

Very good location, cute apartment and nice host.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Very nice place with a really beautiful bathroom :)

Very nice place with a really beautiful bathroom :)

• Reviewed: 20 October 2015

Location was great.

There were no windows in my studio, only sky lights. I like to look out, especially on a rainy day. Other than that it was excellent

Location was great. Staff were also great. The studio was clean & tidy, there is a fridge, microwave, kettle & coffee machine. Breakfast & fruit left every couple of days

• Reviewed: 13 September 2015

Location in the old district, character of the ancient...

Uncomfortable, very small room. The beds are up in a loft where extremely steep and dangerous stairs lead. Upstairs you cannot rise and must scrabble to find the switch. In the bathroom there is no shelf for cosmetics, neither is there light for the mirror. The street is noisy at night but that is normal for a location like that so we didn't mind. Same with the parking, which is not easy even outside the restricted area but that was expected.

Location in the old district, character of the ancient building, and tasteful decor inside the room. Also, the food left in the fridge for breakfast (even fruits), good espresso machine, friendly welcome.

• Reviewed: 12 September 2015

Emanuele is really very nice and willing to help.

The room was really tiny and it was difficult to move on through it. We had some very noisy neighbors for two nights. They didn't change the towels daily...

Emanuele is really very nice and willing to help. The location it's great, though a little noisy in the night.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2015

flat in a historic house in Alghero just renovated.

flat in a historic house in Alghero just renovated. Despite being in the center it is located in a quiet side street. The owner, Emanuele (architect), is very kind and courteous. Waiting for us there was much variety of food for the breakfast and a welcome fruit basket. In the past, we rarely had so pleasant surprises at check-in

• Reviewed: 2 August 2015

The beautiful suite in a beautiful centro storico of Alghero.

Everything was just perfect, couldn't find a single thing to dislike

The beautiful suite in a beautiful centro storico of Alghero. Very cute, clean and the kindest staff ever: Emanuele and his wife were so helpful and great to chat with, his mother and brother so nice as well. From the first day when they picked us up at the airport to the day of our departure they all made our stay at Sardegna unforgettable. Thank you guys, hope to return soon! We would definitely recommend Aiuga as the top choice for those who like to stay in the old city centre and get around as well. Don't forget to book a rent-a-car with them as well - good price for a romantic fiat 500 and a great way to explore beautiful places around Alghero.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2015

Very nice apartment located right in the centre of...

Very nice apartment located right in the centre of Alghero's beautiful old town few steps from lovely food and wine. The apartment was nice decorated and having all the facilities. Emanuele was very friendly and helpful with all our needs. We had a wonderful one week holiday in this location. Thanks Emanuele and see you again soon!

• Reviewed: 5 July 2015

Espresso machine in the room.

We wished a bigger space to dry our washed clothes.

Espresso machine in the room. Emanuele is a great and very friendly host. Great location, it is near the beach and in the middle of the old tow. We hope to travel again there in the future.

• Reviewed: 18 June 2015

I cannot fault this accommodation in any way.

I cannot fault this accommodation in any way. The building is perfectly located in the heart of the old town. Rooms are full of character, are spotlessly clean and have every facility required. Emanual; the hotel owner is so welcoming and so kind and helpful which made my stay even more enjoyable. I didn't want to leave! :-)

• Reviewed: 16 June 2015

Enjoyed walking the streets in the old town, some really...

Re apartment - from street to room was 32 steps - we were mobile but for someone with limited mobility not the place to stay. Very little headroom in the bed!

Enjoyed walking the streets in the old town, some really great restaurants. Beach a 10-15 min walk away and sunbeds/umbrellas not expensive. Owner/manager could not have been more helpful/friendly.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2015

Great location, right in the centre of Alghero old town.

Great location, right in the centre of Alghero old town. Simple but nice breakfast, great coffee. The rooms have a nice authentic atmosphere. The owner received us very friendly and was really helpful.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2016

Wonderful welcome, gracie Emanuele for your advice and your...

Wonderful welcome, gracie Emanuele for your advice and your good mood ! Apartment well located and attractive price.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2015

The most friendly service on the whole island of Sardinia,...

The most friendly service on the whole island of Sardinia, if not all of Italy. Come here just to find out how lovely people can be.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2015

accommodation is small but very, clean, location is...

accommodation is small but very, clean, location is excellent in the heart of old town. Owner Emmanuelle is absolutely helpful.

• Reviewed: 15 September 2015

Aigua was a perfect choice, the staff is very friendly, the...

Aigua was a perfect choice, the staff is very friendly, the conditions have been more than perfect, would recommend anytime.

• Reviewed: 5 August 2015

Friendly staff and great location.

Friendly staff and great location.

• Reviewed: 25 June 2015

Everything you need, in a great location.

Everything you need, in a great location. Beautiful town.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2015

Great host - very helpful, fantastic coffee!

Great host - very helpful, fantastic coffee! Great extra food provided in the fridge.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2015

Beautiful apt, excellent location, friendly staff,...

No Internet connection

Beautiful apt, excellent location, friendly staff, reasonable price, etc.

There are also 13 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Aigua traveller photo gallery