Reviews of Pascucci Al Porticciolo Hotel 3 stars

Via Fiumara 2, 00054 Fiumicino, Italy

#15 of 24 hotels in Fiumicino

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Restaurant was impeccable from menu, to service, to wine...

Our flight home called for us to be at airport at 5AM. We confirmed a taxi with the hotel staff, twice, upon checkin and after dinner, when we prepaid our bill. There was no staff or taxi for us. Scary.

Restaurant was impeccable from menu, to service, to wine list. A wonderful Michelin 1 star meal for our last evening on vacation! Another early departure guest was kind enough to take us to airport when taxi was a no show! Guardian Angel Guest.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Good location, simple but very functional room.

Good location, simple but very functional room. There is a Michelin 1-star restaurant on this property, though we were not inclined to spend that kind of money (and found a fun, "'locals" place about a 10 minute walk away~). Breakfast was limited, probably because most people head out early for a flight. But we got a good cappuccino and nice croissant, would definitely stay here again

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Pleasant staff, clean & comfortable, good location at the harbor. Many local restaurants.

The shower was unusual. It only had a hand-held fixture, was a tub (not a shower stall). There was no shower curtain, only a small glass partition with limited function. See the photo with the green tub. The floor got very wet.

Was just ok for a night stay near the airport.

The double bed had two single bed mattresses. Bath tub was of plastic and water leaked everywhere in the bathroom. Breakfast included a poor croissant and coffee.

The hotel was close to the airport.

Will be back!
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

The neighborhood is a bit dicey for after dinner strolls, but super convenient to FCO.

Everything was wonderful. Near FCO. The restaurant is worth a stop even if you’re not staying there.

Extremely bummed re wifi. Breakfast was only coffee and croissant not what you would really call bre
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

Room was very hot and very basic. I have knee issue and ended up and down the stairs 5 times. No wifi in room, room very hot. I could not sleep so finally changed my room. It took another 45 minutes to cool off.

Staff was friendly. Nite man spoke no english but tried. Morning lady spoke English and was lovely and helpful.

Nice room and friendly staff, excellent restaurant, poor breakfast, other weaknesses

On Booking.com the hotel had indicated that it would offer a shuttle service for the airport, but when we arrived and needed a transfer from the airport, the shuttle (6 EUR/pax) just happened to be not available, and despite asking several times the evening before, the next morning the shuttle was also not available, i.e. in both cases we had to take a taxi (18 EUR from the airport -- with the local taxi, the ones in the first row of the taxi stand would have charged 30 EUR -- and 15 EUR to the airport). The bathroom was a bit of a design error where the shower splashed in all directions and put the floor under water. The garbage (incl. glass waste) in front of our room was collected at 4 am, rudely awaking us. Breakfast was minimalist: just a coffee, water and a plain croissant. The area seemed a bit run down, even if the hotel/room itself was fine!

Room was very nice. Staff was friendly. Bed was comfortable. The restaurant of the hotel was very good -- helpful staff, creative cuisine. (But as we then found out it's actually a Michelin-starred restaurant, i.e. it's fairly expensive and the portions are very small -- not necessarily what one expects/needs from an airport hotel when being hungry after travelling all day long; this place is perhaps more of a restaurant with the hotel as an afterthought, and not really focused on servicing airport passengers. This is a review of the hotel, though, not a review of the (excellent) restaurant, which we will provide elsewhere.)

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

The hotel is conveniently located close to the sea and the...

The staff didn't speak English. The AC in the room was very slow: it took several hours before the room cooled down and become comfortable.

The hotel is conveniently located close to the sea and the hotel is good for it's price. The bed was nice and comfortable.

A lovely hotel to stay while near the Rome airport
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

After a hellish day of travel, the staff at this hotel greeted me cheerfully and then directed me to a restaurant across the footbridge (100 meters) away still serving dinner. There is nothing that will soothe a hellish travel day that sipping wine and eating past after midnight when all you expect was what could be bought in a vending machine

Not recommended
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

The staff were incredibly rude, to the point of being hostile. No information about anything. I called three separate times to ask about the shuttle and got three very different answers. The shuttle service is very limited and they tell you to just take a taxi but the hotel is a good 15 minute drive from the airport. No breakfast available, no one around to ask the wifi password as they are always in the restaurant and close the reception earlly. Plus the room was really noisy with noise coming from outside as well as the hallway. Luckily I had earplugs.

The room was vlean and comfortable but noisy. The bed was good and the facilities in the bathroom looked new.

Location close to the airport, helps a lot
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

Two things: the information provided on how to get the shuttle is out of date, and when i called the hotel to clarify, no English speakers available and the people were rude at the phone.

Location close to the airport, helps a lot

Brief overnight stay near airport.

Breakfast was very basic

Great location, restaurants nearby Quaint property - not flash but honest and arty Helpful with airport transfers Very classy restaurant, but very expensive. Fish-only

Beds were very comfortable and the room was very clean.

Staff were unwelcoming and unhelpful. First of any experience I have ever had in Rome, and I have been here many times. Wifi not available in rooms, shower barely functional. No mention of breakfast, when we asked they said we can make you coffee. It did not function or feel like a hotel.

Beds were very comfortable and the room was very clean.

The hotel has apparently very good restaurant, but quite...

The hotel was a little outdated and needed renovation. The location was near the harbour, but there are no activities near by and we couldn't go far (to Rome) as we didn't have so much time, so we stayed near the hotel and the surroundings were not very comfortable. Also the taxi prices were quite high concerning that the trip is 4,5 km from the airport. One taxi driver in the airport wanted us to pay 25 € , which I didn't except. We took another taxi by 15 €, which is quite a lot also.

The hotel has apparently very good restaurant, but quite expensive. The hotel room was clean and quiet.

This family run hotel features a restaurant that is beyond...

This family run hotel features a restaurant that is beyond excellent. The classic tasting menu served 8 glorious dishes, and we left 3 hours later feeling wonderful and not over-stuffed. Lovely lovely. And a rightfully proud family.

Superb location, clean rooms, nice design :)

Clean room, comfy bed, nice balcony. We liked the design of the Hotel. The staff was very kind, they ordered taxi for us when we asked for it. The beach side is just in walking distance (5-7 minutes), close to the restaurants, nice area. The port is just in the corner. Whenever I will have the chance I will go back for more nights. :)

Exceptional value for money

My only issue was accessing the hotel location using the local transport options rather than a taxi. It was quite a walk from where the local bus dropped us off however I would stay at this gorgeous hotel again.

This beautiful little hotel was simply divine. The room was beautiful more so because of the little balcony. The bed was so comfortable and the room exceptionally clean. The staff were outstanding and totally customer focused. Excellent value for money.

Very disappointing!!
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

Breakfast was a stale croissant and a coffee served in the bar! Where is the so called great breakfast on the reviews?? I've stayed in many 3 star hotels in Italy where breakfast consists of yoghurt, juice, eggs, meats, cheese, coffee or tea. What I received at this hotel was disgusting! The on site restaurant which bears the same name as the hotel is not an inclusive facility but run separately! If you think you can eat and put the bill on your room as is the case in hotels offering a restaurant you are in for a rude awakening! I made the mistake of eating there and was severely disappointed, I do not want to order prawns at €27.00 and be served 4 prawns!! A glass of wine is €12.00! I'm not interested in Michelin stars; I'm interested in value for money ie I don't wish to go to bed hungry and that after having had dessert! There are fabulous restaurants over the bridge with much better food and ambience and attractive prices! The stairs are treacherous as there is no handrail merely a decorative cord providing no support whatsoever! I worry what elderly people who rely on handrails would do in this scenario. The description of this hotel on Booking.Com and what you get does not tally and needs to be revised so people are not mislead. Would not recommend!

The only positive was the comfortable room and the location!

Rude, argumentative,and unhelpful staff. Tried to double charge us. Airport transfer not ordered.

I recommend avoiding this Hotel. Horrible experience with payment and taxi / airport transfer: Tried to double charge me. When I pointed out I had already paid the staff member at the desk did not believe me. Was extremely rude. I had to show her the email confirmation saying "this has been paid", and she still did not believe me. I had to dig through my bank accounts(!) to show her the exact amount debited from my account! Unbelievable. She then complained that it was a booking.com error, and that I would have to contact them and fix it. Clearly this is something the hotel could and should do, as she stated they deal with booking.com everyday? She said if we did not fix this up then she would have a lot of work to do to recovering payment from us?! Absolutely bizarre behaviour. This went on for about 10 minutes, before she realised that I would not double pay for my accommodation. Her attitude then flipped, and she tried to make me feel guilty, e.g. "well I hope you remember that you will have made me lose money today", or something to that effect. All this at 11pm after a long day of travel, and before a 5am rise to catch an early flight. We had to get a taxi, which is not a problem, as were informed that the Airport shuttle did not operate early enough for us. The hotel offered to order the taxi. After the above payment nightmare, I asked if the taxi had been ordered, to which I got a sarcastic 'you will be fine, the taxi is ordered'. What a surprise when the taxi did not show up, and we had to scramble to order our own Taxi at 5.45am, and rush in order to make our flight. Its fine to make a mistake, but don't immediately be an a--hole about it and blame the customer. Especially very tired travellers who wanted a convenient airport hotel. I have received no apology.

adequate room

Good for an overnight stay

No lift. Room quite small but adequate for an overnight stay.

Lovely and hot overhead shower. The weather was dreadful however so we could not take advantage of the balcony. The old man at reception was quite pleasant and let us leave our luggage there as the plane arrived at the ungodly hour of 7am.

Great value, comfy bed, clean and spacious bathroom = good night's rest.

Nothing that the hotel/restaurant can control. Keep in mind when driving to the area that the surrounding streets are not welcoming. This location could not have been more perfect for our needs.

Clean room, friendly check-in and wifi assistance (by the grandson!) and overall a great deal to be near the airport, car rental return, and quick walk to restaurants along the water.

Not bad for flight waiting

You need to wait hot water for like 5 min of opening tap. Once hot water comes then hard to make it middle. Thats a lot of waste water. Not everyone likes to have bath, if you stand then everywhere getting wet. Coverage of bath is horibble. The bath material is plastic and hard to stand or even sit in it without slipping. Bathroom is huge but not very well planned. Like you have little garbage but huge bathroom. If you stay two person and drink one bottle of water then garbage is full already.

Staff is very kind. Also helpful.

Not as good as expected

sadly the restaurant was closed the rooms were rather small and while the bathrooms had exciting tiles one was a bit tired and the loo was rather aged No breakfast

decent bed and linen and Friendly welcome

The room was spacious as was the bathroom, everything was...

The room was spacious as was the bathroom, everything was very clean and comfortable, the heating was working properly and the staff members were very nice :) Thank you all!

The room was fine for our one night layover before we flew out of Rome. Very pleasant and convenient

There were a couple of cockroach like bugs that came from under the tub. The tub was a bit difficult to utilize, it filled very slowly. The aircon was noisy and not very effective. The restaurant servers were unable to articulate in English the items we were being served so it was kind of presented and then they walked away. More than 200 Euros for three people with one bottle of inexpensive wine. :(

The bed was very comfortable. The room was clean. The setting was really nice, close to the heart of the local fishing community. The Michelin Star restaurant in the hotel was a bonus. The food was very fresh and tasty. The owner was a real pleasure. He arranged a taxi for our 5am departure to the airport. Only 15 Euros for that service. Thumbs up.

Nice rooms - great value

The room had a kettle and cups but no coffee (just tea). Also, when going to the hotel at 5 in the evening there was a huge traffic jam in the roundabouts coming off A91

Stayed here before a morning flight out of FCO - 10 minutes by car. Large comfortable rooms, ours with a balcony and view out over the yacht harbor. Very reasonable price. Several good restaurants and bars within a block or two. Would be nice to visit in summer.

Not a hotel with a restaurant, but a restaurant with rooms!
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

Nothing really. For 60 euros you do not expect the facilities of a 5 star hotel.

Very good value for the room. The fantasting thing here is, of course, the restaurant downstairs!

I liked everything about my stay here.

I liked everything about my stay here. The staff was friendly, the rooms were clean. The location is perfect - but best of all - the restaurant downstairs. Book a table!

A small and comfy hotel close to the airport
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

No airport transportation means taking a taxi or bus to/from the airport, but otherwise this is a great little hotel.

My favorite hotel close to Fiumicino airport. Small, friendly and an overall great value.

Location was walking distance to restaurants and short cab...

Staff was unfriendly. Woman at reception desk never got off the phone to check us in. Staff was grumpy when i asked for anything. Seemed put out. I was told i could have coffee in the morning then was snapped at when I asked for it. "We dont serve breakfast!!" I felt unwelcome. There was an electric water pot in the room but no coffee. The shower was like a power washer. Taking a shower was a hassle. Everything in the bathroom got wet. The tub was ridiculous and difficult to climb in and out of, to stand in , o an impossible place any soap or shampoos in. I would not recommend. Booking.com has repeatedly let me down

Location was walking distance to restaurants and short cab ride to airport

Never Judge A Customer..!!

The attitude of the Restaurant Manager, who when approached in the late afternoon for a menu, so we could decided on a dinner reservation, was quite rude and snobby, telling us we could not wear sandals in the dining area and they only had seafood on the menu. We were on our way out for a walk and dressed casually, but she chose to judge us for this. For dinner we dressed up and went across the bridge to where all the best restaurants were and dined at Cielo for both lunch and dinner. The food was amazing as was the restaurant and staff..no snobs here. On return to the hotel, there we only a couple of table taken at the restaurant. The toilet in our room, splutted like a aircraft plane on every flush, which was so very noisy.

Location was fine for its convenience to the airport. We found the Cielo Restaurant across the bridge. Amazing World Class concept Restaurant to be experienced, and unjudged by the friendly and welcoming staff.

An excellent choice for overnight stay.

We have stayed here a number of times and Have also recommended the hotel to friends. We use it if we need to obvernight either departing from or arriving at Rome. We really like the town of Fiumicino so it’s always a pleasure to have to stay. We love the harbour and the restaurants. Staff at the hotel are always friendly, helpful and professional. The rooms are a decent size and the bathrooms good. We have never eaten in the restaurant (except for breakfast) but both reputation and feedback from friends indicate that it is excellent.

lose to airport but not as convenient as intended for an overnight stay near to airport

Rooms upstairs but no lift available - staff carried suitcase up for me English speaking staff available during business hours but not after hours Restaurant became fully booked before I could get a dinner booking

Near to airport but you have to know to get a local taxi, not a city taxi Arranged early morning taxi back to airport for me

Very comfortable and Very Clean👌
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

No food available other than the very expensive Michelin Starred Restaurant... Left at 7am by Taxi and no Food of any kind available ...

That it's near the Sea.... The owners are very nice ..

One of the best I've stayed in

No coffee in the morning :(

Best seafood restaurant is on these premises, dont miss out. This is a family run restaurant that has accommodation. There are only 7 rooms and they are on the first floor. The staff is very helpful (the managers are all family and go the extra mile)

The bathroom and room were clean very cute place!

Staff was not very nice to us on various occasions, the air conditioning units in our two rooms we booked were non existent had to open the windows to receive air ... said they would fix it but received no help so we just dealt with it for the night.

The bathroom and room were clean very cute place! Plenty of restaurants and shops around.

Good alternative to airport hotels at much less expense.

Good location in downtown Fuimicino right near the mouth of the Tiber and only a footbridge away from a street of restaurants alon the sdie of the Tiber. Room was small but comfortable and good value for money. Front desk was friendly with just enough English to handle our requests regarding taxis etc. Taxi to get there from airport was by going to T3 rank and asking for local taxi. Cost was 25 euros shared. Taxi to airport was organised by hotel and was 15 euros. Would stay there again.

Lovely hotel, lovel greeting and lady booked a taxi for the...

Lovely hotel, lovel greeting and lady booked a taxi for the airport for the next morning on check in. Lovely room with massive bath! Great place to unwind after our honeymoon

Great overnight stop for the airport

Less than 10 minute drive from the airport, we literally slept here for about 6 hours between flights and we are so glad we did to get a proper sleep! Staff were very accommodating. Clean and comfortable rooms and great bathroom

A very nice hotel ...

This is a tastefully decorated, welcoming, well located hotel! We stayed there to be close to the airport, for an early flight, but would have happily stayed longer!

Convenient and reasonably priced

No breakfast

Short taxi drive from the airport, stayed here as we were flying out the next day and had dropped off our rental car. Room was clean, very comfortable, short distance to lots of great restaurants

The room looks like it was recently updated.

There wasn't much surrounding this property. The restaurant was closed and there wasn't any place to get food. It also stated that this property was very close to the airport. There was a 30 minute drive using a taxi that can cost anywhere between 15 to 25 euros. The Hilton Hotel is the closest hotel to the airport. I tis literally right across the street!

The room looks like it was recently updated. It was very clean and modern.

Decent place to stay by the airport

We stayed in this hotel to be close to the airport, so in that way, it was a good location. However, as with most airport hotels, it was extremely loud. There was loud music playing outside the window, plus planes and cars. The room was small but comfortable. If you want a place to stay that is convenient to the airport, this hotel is fine.

Third stay was not a charm
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

Mistakenly booked a room for 1 person. We were given a room big enough for two, thankfully, but although we were charged a double rate, we were not given a second set of towels or cup for tea. I stayed here twice previously and they served a nice breakfast. This time there was nothing. That was quite disappointing, since it was the first time my husband stayed there with me and I had told him about the nice breakfast.

The location is great. I love being able to walk around the fishing boat docking area. Very calm atmosphere compared to the city. Excellent restaurants within walking distance.

Good value for money!

I wish we knew the restaurant was open, apparently it is supposed to be good. But the restaurant recommendation we received were good as well.

This was by far the best value for money and close to the AP if you are just staying over. The bay is a few minutes walk and the restaurants and bars are very good. There is a good summer vibe as it is also close to the beach. The AP transfer was on time with zero hassle (very early departure)

Clearly this establishment runs as a restaurant.

See above

Clearly this establishment runs as a restaurant. Haughty staff made me feel like asking for a dinner reservation at the hotel was riidulous - they were "booked solid for the evening". I had to wander through the rather rough area as a single woman that night looking for for a place to pick up some dinner. They offered no water. They seemed to have cared less that I was there. This attitude was pervasive and that's why I don't have much good to say about the place.

Sound place to check out Fiumicino. Check lift bridge status!

The public lift bridge - the main road to the hotel - is lifted late at night. This can make it hard to get to the hotel!! There was another way a lot further - consult your map of GPS.

Hotel gave good service for a late (single) night arrival. Fiumicino itself could be quite an interesting place to visit for a couple of nights with an authentic local scene. But we weren't there long enough to really find out!

Only a Cappucino and a Croissant for breakfast.

Friendly staff but only speaks Italian. Very service minded and helpful. 10 minutes to Airport and 10 minutes walk to beach. A lot of good restaurants in area.

A little frustrating.
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

We made a mistake in booking as it turned out we had only booked for one person,we were not offered another room for a double after asking.not even given another towel.But theroom was clean and ok for a single person,We put up with it for one nite as we were leaving for home the next day.

A quiet place for easy access to airport away from Central Rome.

No lift and rooms upstairs and for some unknown reason, lights in corridor to rooms not working.

Nice location for access to airport. We caught Terravision bus from Rome Termini (5 euro if booked online, 6 if purchased at bus) which drops you at a roundabout in Fuimicino after drop off at airport and then walked about 10-15 mins to property. Taxi to airport in the morning was about 10-15 mins and cost 15 euro. The receptionist Johncarlo booked this for us. Lots of restaurants nearby just over the bridge on the other side of river. Kettle and cups in room and fridge nice bonus as no breakfast provided.

We spoke with the owner and he made sure that we were well...

O elevator but our luggage was carried up for us.

We spoke with the owner and he made sure that we were well taken care of. We also liked the location because it was close to the shops and restaurants.

The hotel is lovely with a very welcoming atmosphere.

The last shuttle from the airport leaves at 9pm, so we had to take a taxi, but it`s not a big issue

The hotel is lovely with a very welcoming atmosphere. Most of the staff didn`t speak much English, but we managed. Very comfortable bed and perfectly clean room.

Great location, nice hotel and a perfect spot close to Rome Airport

There was no place to sit and read and or just relax while we each showered. Should have been smart enough to book ahead for the restaurant. Wished we had booked a room with a balcony or view. Regardless, our room and stay was lovely and would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Place was great. Located perfectly for a one night stay to catch our flight back to Canada. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Wished we had booked in advance for the restaurant for dinner as it was full. There are lots of places close by to eat at but the restaurant looked so lovely. Morning cappuccinos on the patio was lovely, with a croissant. Nice place to walk around and kill a day. Great shower, nice linens. Ask for a room with a view of the marina. We didn't have a view.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Would definitely recommend!

"what we didn't like" would be exaggerating but the transport links to the hotel could be better publicised. We endured the taxi 30 euro, for a ten minute drive, even when we tried to get a local taxi they have all realised they can charge the going airport rate now. We used it as a stopover after a late flight in, so were just tired and accepted it, had it been daylight we may have been a bit more adventurous. We returned to the airport in the morning (to get transport to Rome) and that was only 2 euro each on the local bus. the elderly gentleman on the reception tries to be helpful but bit difficult as he only speaks Italian, but then I only speak English. Our room was upstairs but the lights wouldn't work so had to find our way with our phones, once in the room though we were ok.

The room was really clean and spacious, unexpected tea making facilities. We like the spacious bathroom, and the bright green bath! we ventured towards the harbour and enjoyed a couple of drinks there, nice atmosphere.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

This is a small hotel very close to the mouth of the Tiber River and marina. It was easy
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

No coffee packets to go with the hot water machine in the room

Excellent air-conditioner Very quiet Excellent shower and big bathroom Very clean Bed was very comfortable

Nice place in a wonderful loacation.

Cost of taxi for a short trip quite exhorbitant.

Nice place in a wonderful loacation. Fiumicino is an old fishing village with lots of bars and restaurants and places to stroll, yet close to the Rome airport.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Not as represented

Nothing was as represented: no shuttle; no breakfast at all, let alone fresh morning pastries from Michelin chef; no bar service at all; totally misleading advice from front desk on more than one occasion etc etc.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Basic overnight stop

We were informed that they no longer provide breakfast although at the time of booking breakfast is included

Near to the airport and if you wish to dine at the Restaurant

Charming property in an adorable town - spend more than one night!

High taxi fare to get there and although the hotel has a free shuttle it did not run early enough for us to get our flight.

This property is very clean and well located to the airport - it is such a short distance it was difficult to get a taxi to take us there as they all wanted the big ticket fares to Rome - so be prepared for a 25 Euro taxi fare to go the short few miles. No UBER available at Rome airport. We did however love the property - the room was cute with a huge purple soaking tub - very charming with the best restaurant in town located downstairs - be sure to make a reservation for the restaurant too as it was full on a Friday night.

Comfortable room, but no shuttle

The airport shuttle does not exist. When I inquired I was told it was not possible and had to call a taxi. Due to the language barrier I could not get further clarification. I was quite annoyed by the false advertising.

The room was comfortable and clean.

No refund when plane cancelled, bummer
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

I usually book direct but this year used Booking.com and was unable to cancel when my flight from Australia was cancelled. Hopefully insurance will pay

I did not stay here this year because my flight was cancelled - but it is my favourite stopover close to Rome airport.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Very pretty and walking distance to places.

Bathtub/shower awful and noisy place. Was woken up at 530 am by trucks and street noise. Wouldn't stay again.

Very pretty and walking distance to places.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

It was a very poor hotel. Would only give it a 1*, and that's stretching it.

Lack of elevators for an older person. Rope on stairway not very sturdy. Website said shuttle service started at 4:00AM. Reception said too early (we had a 6:15AM flight. She said would schedule a taxi for morning. One never showed up. Reception had padlock on door. No one answered the bell. No one to carry luggage down treacherous steps. Bellhop there when we registered. Fortunately, husband was able to flag police who tried calling office phone #. No answer. Police called for a cab. Had to call several, before could find someone who could get us there in time for our flight. Finally arrived at airport at 5:25AM for 6:15 flight. Very upsetting.

Cleanliness of the room, and shower in bathroom

Great hotel near the airport, hard to find shuttle.
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

The airport shuttle was hard to find, partly due to construction in the hotel shuttle area. It took a long time to find it. Noone seemed to know about this shuttle, including shuttle information staff. I ended up walking up and down the terminals several times. I gave looking for it and decided to take a cab. however I could not do that either. The official taxis do not want local rides and the local taxis were very dishonest, wanting to charge 30 euros for a 10 minute ride (5 km at the most). Eventually,. I did find the shuttle. Including better information about the location of the shuttle (map) would be a good idea.

Rooms are recently renovated and nicely appointed. Good shower. Good bed.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Wonderful location by fishermen's boats.

Wonderful location by fishermen's boats.....we walked out on walkway and watched them mend their nets, sort their fish, stroll and enjoyed sitting on bench to watch sunset. Good restaurants right near walkway. Hotel was very nice....balcony and clean. Very helpful calling cab to airport...10 minutes away.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

The bed was relatively comfortable and I thought wasn't...
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

The staff didn't really speak English. It was unclear how to order an airport shuttle. There were random things (like the tax) that needed to be paid in cash despite there being no indication of such on booking.com. Due to laconic of English speaking staff, was unable to get access to the wifi

The bed was relatively comfortable and I thought wasn't quiet.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Small family inn close to Fiumicino Airport

Absolutely nothing...I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else. No Hilton Garden etc. for us.

This was a perfect place for my wife and I. It was small but quiet and modern in design...great bathroom. Comfortable bed with small balcony looking out toward fishing vessels. Gracious inn-keeper. Be sure to use Fiumicino Taxi from/to Airport--good price. I wish we could have stayed a couple of days to try some of the great seafood ristoranti.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Great facilities. Close to the airport but not as easy to reach as it might seem.
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

Although the hotel is close to the airport (10-minute drive), getting there is not as easy as it would seem, which can be disappointing for people who choose the hotel due to its proximiry to Fiumicino airport. There are few public transportation options. I was a told of a Cotral bus that comes around every 30 minutes or so but doesn't drop one off very close to the hotel. I imagine it would take ten minutes more to walk to the hotel from the drop-off point. There are local taxis; the only trouble there is that (as in many big cities around the world) you feel that the drivers are shifty. They want to use a fixed rate, which varies from driver to driver: 15, 20, 30 €

Very clean, very comfortable bedrooms -- at for a person travelling alone. They are not large bedrooms.

Fiumicino ( Rome)

Very poor shuttle service - waited over an hour - after callling hotel - not understanding shuttle service picked up for other sites, as well

Location in the small Fiumicino town and it's proximity to the main Rome airport (FCO)

Inexpensive overnight stay close to the airport and waterfront

Breakfast was advertised as included but was not offered. The room and bathroom were quite small - ok for overnight but no longer.

Ok for an overnight stay close to the airportt. There are restaurants nearby and we took an interesting stroll along the waterfront.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Not easy to get to the airport
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

If you do not have flight in the middle of the night, it's better to stay in Rome and get to the airport with cheap and frequently going buses. The hotel is far enough from the airport, so you cannot get there on foot. I guess the only way is taxi which costs 15-20 euro. Breakfast is expensive - 6 euros for coffee and tiny cake. There were some problems with shower, water was flowing not only the way you would expect. But it was usable.

Cosy rooms and beds, good wifi connection. Beach is nearby.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Close to Rome but a world away.

This family run hotel is a simple and comfortable alternative to other large hotels around Fiumicino Airport. It is a short taxi trip from the airport, and is located in the centre of the fishing port of Fiumicino. It is an area well serviced by restaurants and bars. It is a pleasant place to stay outside Rome after a long flight or before an early one.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

This is not a hotel with a restaurant, but a restaurant with rooms!

Nothing really

Lovely room - clean, well appointed - for 60 euros and a three-star hotel! And then - the restaurant downstairs is a Michelin-star fantastic place.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

Third time I have stayed there.....will always choose it.

Couldn't connect to wifi probably because of storm....

Great hotel, near airport, wonderful owner and staff, great decor, everything works, food is great, breakfast, nice, small town.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Great location if you are flying out of Rome airport.

Bathrooms very tight. No lift with Marble stairs so tricky, however you can have the young porter take your bags up for you.

The hotel was well placed and offered a very nice breakfast. If you wanted to eat at the top end of Seafood then this is the place. The owner is a food writer and I would say is the Italian Rick Stien. Not cheap but the best.

Browse Pascucci Al Porticciolo Hotel traveller photo gallery