Reviews of Albergo Vittorio Veneto 2 stars

#149 of 158 hotels in Naples

5.9

5.9

5.7

Its closeness to main station, relatively good price, the...
    • Standard Single Room

the room is situated on the third floor off the the real hotel property - it's like climbing to a fourth floor of a normal house, the bed sheets are no longer looking good.. the bath floor looks dirty maybe due to aging. and the single bed is awful.

Its closeness to main station, relatively good price, the room is quiet because the room is situated on the third floor and back of the building, it was also good that the air condition in the room was working perfectly.

When we wanted to go to town from the second floor we had to...

When we wanted to go to town from the second floor we had to go through a locked door to the entrance of the hotel, there was a bell for the receptionist which we pressed several times for about 20 -25 minutes we were locked into the corridor. We couldn't go back to our room as the corridor door was shut behind us and we couldn't get to the ground floor as the receptionist was busy with a telephone call and couldn't press a button to let us into the other corridor. So we spent 25 minutes locked into a corridor!!

Host is helpful, location is close to station and central.
    • Double or Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

neighborhood is probably not the best, could come across as not looking so safe but there were no issues. Having a shared bathroom is also inconvenient

Host is helpful, location is close to station and central.

Good value for money

Very clean, safe and good value for money. We were put in a room 3 floors up but there isn’t a lift, we did however have a balcony that looked out onto the street. Only a 5 minute walk from the station and metro.

I didn't like nothing!
    • Standard Triple Room

You have to be really serious for your suggestions! This hotel is in Piazza Garibaldi, the most criminal area of Naples! Me and my friends you were in danger during our arrival to these area that the hotel was. I am very angry with booking because i thought that it was a very serious site and i paid the room and i had to change my accommodation and i lost my money..my time in Naples and also i was very afraid! I will never use booking for my accommodation. Show this critic!

I didn't like nothing!

The property was close to the main train station which was...
    • Standard Triple Room

Too many stairs and no lift, with luggage this was not good.

The property was close to the main train station which was great. The room was comfortable and clean. The staff member on the first day was great and even helped us take the luggage up the stairs.

Close to railway station.

Not comfortable (very hard matrass) bed. They don't have breakfast (they can odder from a restaurant if you want)

Close to railway station. Clean. Every day change towels. Every day cleans the room

It was okay, but location was not.
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

The location was terrifying. Definitely not a place to be if you’re interested in going out at night. We had to give ourselves a curfew because it wasn’t safe for three girls to go out at night on that area. Even the reception man warned us to be safe.

I liked the night reception man. He was extremely helpful and kind!

Personally I will not be back here again, for the price I paid I could’ve gotten better elsewhere
    • Standard Single Room

The area was quite confronting and dirty, the water in the rooms often smelt like an off egg, the lighting was poor and had to constantly request for the exit door to be opened when I wanted to go somewhere.

The man who worked the overnight shift was more than accommodating and offered extra assistance whenever necessary.

Budget hotel to spend a night or two.
    • Standard Single Room

1. No wifi: The router for entire building is at the reception and all the rooms are located on second and third floors of the building. You do not get the signal in room. 2. No refrigerator, tea kettle or TV

Location: close to the train and metro stations

Convenient location very near the train station
    • Standard Triple Room

The room was cold the bathroom old and dirty and you could smell it in the room. To leave the hotel you had to pass 2 gates unlocked by the reception, it did not feel safe. Very noisy at night.

Convenient location very near the train station

It was decent.
    • Standard Single Room

The Wi-Fi is only provided in "Wi-Fi zone" which is on the staircase of first floor so that is something to note. The balconies are interior and seem pretty unsafe if you go out and have an eye contact with someone. The location although is amazing as centre of Naples but please note the area is very sketchy and unsafe.

You get what you pay for. Room was comfortable, toilet was nice and you had the sense of safety and security with the metal doors.

Its okay for 2 nights and fir cheaper price.
    • Double or Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Bed was uncomfortable and there was always a bad smell on air. Also ut was really close to train station but street of hotel and around of it was not really good place for tourists.

Night shift reception staff was really helpful. He really helped me to provide ice again and again.

Fast stay close to Piazza Garibaldi. Good value!
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Location is central, but at night dangerous. Try to enter the road from Piazza Garibaldi because you can find the army (Esercito), Carabineri (paramilitary police) and police patrols and you'll be fine.

Room was nice, but simple. Remember that Napoli is not a cheap city! Luckily my room was quite quiet, because it was facing the back of the building, although next to the toilets. Obviously Pizza Garibaldi is not the most fancy or recommended area in Napoli, but if you are in need of a fast accommodation, this can do the trick.

good for stayover but not for honeymoon ;-)
    • Double or Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

just one common toilet and one common shower on the floor. Sourrounding area a bit dodgy.

Very central. good location if you just need a bed for a night.

Convenient for one night if you have an early flight
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The shared bathroom, I did not want to use the shower.

This is a okay place to stay for one night if you have an early flight the next day as it's close to the central station. The area is not the best, but it's okay as long as you don't wander alone at night. Just use common sense and it will be fine. The room was nice enough and the bed was comfortable. All in all good value for money.

Nice hotel with fair price near the train station
    • Standard Single Room

No breakfast. Easy to find where to eat nearby though. The internet could work better (I had to work on the corridor since it didn't connect in my room).

Nice staff and location (one block from Napoli Centrale). The price is fair, the place is clean and the bedroom big.

It was a total nightmare,
    • Standard Single Room

I booked three rooms through Booking.com, but only one was available when we arrived. Five of us had to share two single beds. It was terrible. The hotel then tried to get us to pay for all three rooms.

The staff.
    • Double or Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

I think the station area is particularly seedy and not great for someone staying for their first night in naples... depending on where they have lived or stayed before. I wish I'd booked this for my last night rather than my first. It is very convenient for the station.

The staff. The price. The balcony overlooking the street.

We booked this hotel only overnight before our flight.
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

We booked this hotel only overnight before our flight. So it was in Central station area. The area around hotel was very dirty, because of that there was feeling that you are not safe. The hotel is not a hotel, but more hostel. You have to share bathroom and shower with other rooms. Hotel good for overnight, but not for staying more then one night.

The hosts are very friendly, the room is clean, good...
    • Standard Single Room

WiFi wouldn't have a good signal in my room. The bathroom floods when you take a shower. A bad smell comes from the pipes, like in old houses. You can feel a soft smell of mold in the bedroom as well. No breakfast, but you can have it for a very good price nearby (around € 2.50). I think there's no heating as well. The neighborhood isn't the best in the city.

The hosts are very friendly, the room is clean, good acoustics for a good night of sleep, good location near the central station, very good price. I think it is a very good cost benefit if you stay for some days; for this price you usually share a room in a hostel.

It is close to the train station and the room was really...

The area is pretty creepy and there is no sound-proofing on the windows so its way too noisy all night long.

It is close to the train station and the room was really comfortable.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

A horrible place to stay
    • Double or Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The area was unpleasant and felt a bit unsafe, and you don't have your own key to enter the property so you have to wait outside for the host to buzz you in. The host buzzed us in and arrived downstairs (topless) after several minutes. He didn't understand that we were checking in and kept asking us what room we were staying in. This is because you have to leave your room key with him when you leave the property. Would he have given us someone else's key if we lied about which room we were in? He took our passports to write down our details while we left our bags in the room. This took forever even though no one else was in the lobby, and we told him we were hurrying to leave for dinner. We went back down to reception 10 minutes later and he still hadn't finished with our passports. We waited in the upstairs lobby and he inexplicably came up and started trying to make overtly racist conversation. This really shocked us. Back in the lobby, we had to help him take details from our passports while we waited. In that time, another customer entered and spoke to him in Italian (which we also speak). He was with a woman who sat in the corner whilst he continuously and impatiently asked for his "usual room", saying that he came there all the time, so he didn't want to wait. It was very obvious what was happening and it made us VERY uncomfortable. The host told us the wifi probably wouldn't work in our room - it didn't, it worked only in one section of the hallway. The bathroom was shared between the floor of around 13 rooms. There was no air conditioning, just a small fan. The room smelled terrible, as did the bedding, and there were hairs on the bed (not ours). It was so unclean that we slept on top of the bedding.

The host spoke English well.

Close to the train, facilities average, dodgy area. Good value for money
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Very dodgy area, I didn't feel unsafe but it wasn't glamorous. Only stayed here because it was close to the train station.

Very close to the train station, less than 5 minute walk.

Its Ok and you get what you pay for a clean basic place to sleep centrally located
    • Standard Single Room

The area being central and close to the train station had a big downside. There were alot of refugees around alot of people sleeping on the streets, prostitutes,hawkers, beggars etc Initially thought it would be a very dangerous place but in the end had no bother other than from the prostitutes.

I got what i paid for! it was 2 star no breakfast no lounge or reception area no lift - i was on 3rd floor! its location was very central and only a 5mins walk from the main train station and airport shuttle drop off. It was ok no main problems really clean and basic friendly staff in main could speak reasonable english

Good place near the old town and central station
    • Standard Single Room

The people who work in the hotel, are very, very nice, warm and helpful persons. I loved to talk with them! I think it was Carlo who told me how to go fishing for octapuses and morays (murena). So nice memories of these people who work there! Before going to Napoli I was thinking that the neighbourhood is a bit dangerous. When I stayed there I found out that it was not dangerous, because I came to the hotel alone some nights at 23.00 from the place where we had conferences (about 1 km away) and there was nothing to be afraid of, as lots of people were still in the streets at that hour in July. The room was clean, maybe not super comfort and stylish, however there was a good air-conditioner and nice bathroom. I liked it, very good and central place to visit old town and go to the station. Stayed 4 nights at the hotel. (My friends stayed in a hotel in suburban areas and it often took quite a time to arrive to the conference, due to the traffic).

Not more than one night

The bed linen was full of stains The rooms and the toilettes/bathroom are really old and creepy The location, the area looked really dangerous

cheap the staff was nice

Dangerous, dirty and scary!!

Please everybody beware! This 'hotel' is in a terrible area of Naples! Very dangerous with dealers and more on every corner. We were greeted by the owner behind the counter who's shirt wasn't even buttoned up, not one button. People were making noise complaints so he proceeded to lock me in the reception area so I couldn't get out!! I had to wait 10 minutes while my husband was outside to then be let out. There were signs on the walls not to walk around naked!! Do not stay here. We left as soon as he unlocked the barred door and let me out. This was a horrible experience!!

Absolutely nothing

Great location for a one night stay.

A bit noisy at night. There was no AC and just one little fan for the whole room

We liked the location close to the station and shuttle bus to the airport. It was also close to the city centre

A pleasant stay in a great location with friendly staff.
    • Standard Single Room

A lift would have been nice, it would have been better to have a room facing the street although not a problem.

Nice hot shower, great location, balcony.

Good price for short stay

- the location is probably not so safety - bathroom (after shower water was all around incl. toilet and toilet paper) - bed was not so comfortable - special smell all around

+ very close to the train station + air condition (+) you can sit on the toilet when you take the shower + some of staff was very helpful and polite

Nice place, dodgy area
    • Double or Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Bathroom door didn't close properly, aircon unit leaked. As others have said, the area was not very nice.

Big room, comfy bed. Location was easy for train stations and restaurants. We were able to upgrade to have our own bathroom.

Good place for a sleep, dangerous district
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

Poor and dangerous district, we arrived around 23.00 and I was really terrified by the area and the sounds. However, had a perfect(!) 4-hour sleep despite of night shooting/fireworks outdoors The hotel has stairs and no lift

Cheap and clean place for one-night stay in the very center of Naples, good wi-fi, shower, fridge at the reception and white bed linen

The room was clean and cosy.

I didn't like the bathroom. It was small and the shower without walls near thetoilet. After shower all bathroom was wet. Also there was no hairdryer.

The room was clean and cosy. With air-conditioner. I liked the price and location- near by the bus/train/metro.

Fair for the money you pay
    • Standard Single Room

The hotel based in not as safe area so in the evening time it is not really safe to walk alone. The hotel didn't have wifi in the room only at the designated area and it was a struggle to get hair dryer as hotel had only one. I was not informed about the extra council fee of €2 per night.

I liked the location as it was close to famous objects and also central station where you could travel and visit other cities. Air con was working well. Room was clean and spacy even though it was a single room.

Good for Who needs to reach central station easily
    • Double or Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The Room was a bit hot (no fan and no air conditioning) and the toilette and shower are separated from the Room. There is no elevator. That regione is not the safest but we didnt have Any problem , Just be aware!

Close to center station (less than 10min walking). Room with a good size and clean. Kind staff.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Very close to the train station and street fair.

There were tiny bugs in the bathroom and I saw one on my bed. I'm sure it's from then keeping the windows ooen. Also the street was loud all night

Very close to the train station and street fair.

Affordable stay near the train station
    • Double or Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The area was a bit dodgy, most likely because it was so close to the train station. There is no wifi connection in the room, we had to go to the corridor on the first floor to use the internet. The breakfast was not included in the total price and it should have been booked in advance.

Location was very close to the train station, very good connections to Pompeii, Sorrento by Circumvesuviana train. However the hotel is quite far away from the city centre, butnthere is a metro stop nearby. Room was very spacious and air conditioning worked. Good quality for for the price we paid (the room was cheap).

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Close to main station.
    • Standard Single Room

Its a illegal, dangerous African immigrants area. Hundreds of them. Very grumpy welcome :( Hotel itself also accommodate many of asylum seekers who behave loudly over night. Wi Fi is not working. There is only tiny signal in a part of a staircase and only one person at a time can use it as otherwise u cant use properly internet. Forget about using whatsapp. Rooms are without wi fi. My room on top of that the stuff were using as a hallway as from my window they had to hang the laundry- can you imagine!! So they woke me up because they had to change hanging laundry for 20min. They would get in to my room usually when I was away. My window was not closing. Reception men very unfriendly. Everything looks like prison rather then hotel. Even main entry is looked with bars and u have to press the button before they open for u because u cant take keys with u either.

Close to main station.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

I can recommend this property.
    • Standard Single Room

A little bit noisy during the night outside. I had to use earplugs. Only one towel in the bathroom.

It suited me perfectly. Close to airportbus and railwaystation. A singleroom with balcony. The room was clean in every corner. I am sightseeing very much when I travel,so I don´t need a big hotel with lounge etc.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

• Standard Single Room

just a bathroom in two floors to take bath, i was not able to take BATH in THE morning as it was occupied for an hour. no bathroom for shower in the floow they have me 5th floor. THE GUY TOOK 45 MINUTES TO CHECK ME IN. I KEPT WAITING AND WAITING HE ATTENDED MANY PEOPLE WHO KEPT COMING.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

Cheap, good location, friendly staff.

Bed could have been softer but was fine for 1 night. Old school shower/bathroom setup wherein the whole bathroom is the shower stall. Weird but Italian bathrooms are always a bit different, just remember to take anything you want to keep dry out of the room!

Friendly staff, close to train station.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Be careful with your belongings in the region
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

But the region around station is just terrible. There are too much garbage and gangsters.

It's very close to the station, therefore super convenient.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

NO WIFI, LOCATED IN A DANGEROUS AREA
    • Standard Single Room

No WIFI in your room so you have to bring your computer to downstairs to reach wifi in the public area, which is very weird and inconvenient. In addition, the location is in a super dangerous area. Finally, no shampoo, no hair dryer, no toothpaste, no HEATER( very cold during my visiting on December). Come here just if you need to safe money.

Maybe the price. The location seems to be great but in fact that's in a very dangerous area.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

Worst hotel I ever stayed
    • Double or Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Bad is not comfortable and not at all clean. Bathroom is not clean. Room heater doesn't work. Wi-Fi doesn't work.

Location is near to Napoli termini.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

One night frustration
    • Standard Single Room

Was it just Naples, or whatever, but the window looked at the roof in the inner yard with a garbage on it, luckily there were blinds closed. The "shower" had no hot water and it was just hanging straight next to a toilet, not a cabin, not anything. And it got really cold in the night, while the blanket was rather thin.

Near to the railway station.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

Last night in Italy was okay

The area is quite creepy and scary especially for girls. There're so many suspicious people, some were staring so yeah, we didn't really like that. Even the receptionist told us that the area (to the right) is quiet. But this has nothing to do with the hotel. Just to let you aware of it :)

The staff is nice and friendly. The rooms are okay, they seem a bit old but still acceptable and comfortable enough to have a rest there after a day out.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

Hoasts were super frendly.

Hoasts were super frendly. They gave us a ride back to the railway station ( without us asking for it) :) . Room was clean and the facilitys were all we needed.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

Very average
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

While it was cheap as chips, everything else was pretty diabolical. Rude staff, courtyard outside the room which is pretty much a rubbish dumb, dirty communal toilets. Even for its cheap price this hotel was very average.

Close to the train station for onwards travel to amalfi coast.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

Handy location to Railway Station
    • Standard Triple Room

Arriving in the afternoon there was a very "unsafe vibe" about the area, I really considered not taking the place but didn't want to lose my money, as it turned out once evening came around all the people came out and it was actually a very vibrant area. The Bathroom is a "wet area" so when you shower everything get's wet, the bathroom didn't seem very clean but everything else in the room was.

Very Handy to the Main Railway Station, only an easy 7 minute walk.

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

Close to stations
    • Double or Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The area was a little dodgy and we didn't have AC, luckily it got breezy at night.

Close to the airport and station. Easy to get to Pompeii/Vesuvius. Big room with balcony.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

The best place to the cheapest price.....

The hotel is so close to the central station. Though the surrounding was not so good we didn't feel unsafety at the hotel. We checked in at 12.00 and the room was cleaned already. We had everything in the room as mentioned. The staff was friendly too. If I go back to Naples I will definitely choose Vittorio Veneto because it worth the price we pay.

Excellent room near railway station

Near the railway station. Very clean and calm. Staff are available all day and night long.

Good position in centre, Normal room for such a price

Area could be safer

Good position in centre, Normal room for such a price

Everything was Good!

Everything was Good!!

It is in the center, the staff was really nice! Bathroom wasn't comfortable, no wifi in the room!

The bathroom was not comfortable at all, there was no wifi connection in our room.

The hotel is located in the center.

Good choice for its price.
    • Standard Single Room

View from the window (a lot of garbage and rats).

Near of Garibaldi Station.

Central with easy access to the central Train Station.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Central with easy access to the central Train Station.

There was a musty smell in the room and the shower was rusty.
    • Standard Single Room

There was a musty smell in the room and the shower was rusty. The sight of rats running to and fro in the backyard was truly offputting!

Price
    • Double or Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Run down building in a run down very noisy area

Price

very good location near train station

very good location near train station

Pleasant

The neighborhood. Didn’t feel safe

The room was big. It had a balcony overlooking the main road. The room was big enough, so was the bathroom.

Staff

Cleanliness

Staff

near walking distance to central train station

room had no windows :)

near walking distance to central train station

good value for money
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

there was info breakfast is available at additional charge but it is not available at all.

location,, good price/value performance

too much expensive for the quality of the poor old room.

No breakfast offered

No breakfast offered

• Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

The man whose shift was at night is so friendly.

Pleasant stay for 1 night

Location is a bit scary. But then again all Naples is a bit like that too

Not bad for a cheap hotel. Fairly clean and private bathroom.

great

location is slightly rough

great room

Don't stay if you can afford something else.
    • Standard Triple Room

Single rooms are like prison cells. Toilets run and smell.

No English speaking tv

3.5
    Closeness to central station
    • Standard Single Room

Dirty bedsheets and towels. The room i saw online wasnt what was given so I had to pay an extra 5euros to get what I saw.

Closeness to central station

Very friendly staff, I would love to meet them again and...
    • Standard Single Room

Very friendly staff, I would love to meet them again and stay in Naples for even longer time. Grazie! :)

Cheap
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

Old room with dirty sheets and towels. No a/c and very noisy at night, so keeping windows open was not pleasant. No private bathroom

Cheap