Reviews of Albergo Ristorante Sonia This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Località Domio, 47, 34018 Trieste, Italy

#35 of 40 hotels in Trieste

• Reviewed: July 10, 2018

Breakfeast ok,i missed some fresh fruits and vegetables.

Breakfeast ok,i missed some fresh fruits and vegetables.,the room noisy from traffic because near one highway road, the room really small, in the night time cigarette smoke coming inside in room.

• Reviewed: July 8, 2018

It was clean, safe, and the staff was friendly.

They listed that they had AC and WIFI technically, they did have it but neither worked. To make matters worse there is nothing but residential and industrial properties in this area so, no going to a cafe for WIFI. The other problem was the location. A cab ride from and to the train station cost more than nights stay. I booked for two nights and left early after the first without a refund.

It was clean, safe, and the staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: June 30, 2018

The room was very nice, modern and clean.

Our sink stopper got stuck, the water was overflowing so it was hard to wash our hands. The shower mixer was faulty, my husbands hot water temperature kept changing. There was no mini fridge. We had the buffet dinner, it was awful.

The room was very nice, modern and clean.

• Reviewed: June 23, 2018

Old facilities but very cordial staff

The AirConditioner control in my room was not working. The breakfast can be better

Close to lots of eateries and shops. Easy access to public transport system. Quiet. Very friendly and helpful staff

Would recommend

Easy to find place, smart rooms with touch screen A/C, smart card entry into room, modern newly renovated rooms, very nice and helping lady at reception, free parking, high speed wifi, very comfortable beds, hd tv

• Reviewed: June 5, 2018

Great place to rest, newly renovated, close to bus routes, and with parking! Loved it!

Cleanness, newly renovated rooms, great breakfast, perfect location close to bus routes. Staff knowledge of multiple languages made any questions simple. Will stay on the hotel on my next visit.

• Reviewed: May 20, 2018

Very good quality

They still miss some directions internally in the hotel: in the new area we’ve been, funny to say, it was like a labyrinth and the first time was frustrating ... but nothing that can’t be corrected with some arrows here and there

Very good quality

• Reviewed: May 8, 2018

An ok stay of yiu don't have any other choice.

WiFi didn't work, the wall is very thin, so we can hear the next room very well.

The reception is 24 hours. The room was still available for our last min search. A nice local restaurant near by.

• Reviewed: May 3, 2018

Choose the new rooms. :)

Little bit far from center and close to industrial zone but with a car is OK. Please encourage the residential people to be more nice and patient. Tourism is bringing money.

We had the room in the new part of the hotel and window faced to quiet street. At breakfast we received all our special requests. Very friendly waiter-cook team. Nice staff.Room were really clean and cozy. Good bed. nice bathroom.

• Reviewed: May 2, 2018

We we there just for a night before heading off to Venice in...

During our stay there, there was a group of kids staying there as well. It was very noisy and crowded.

We we there just for a night before heading off to Venice in the morning. The room was fine for a cheap one night stay. The toilet was clean though.

• Reviewed: April 29, 2018

Not very good.

Not getting a restful nights sleep. Children running wild. A different route for staff for emptying their bottle bins and laundry, cleaning.

Nothing. Loads of children running and shouting in afternoons and at night up to midnight not under control at all. Also when they get up early for breakfast it all starts again. I was in Room 16 a new room with excellent facilities. In the morning the staff used the fire exit for their cleaning and laundry trolleys bumping up and down and along the corridor as well as the kids running around shouting and banging doors. At midnight the staff rolled bottle bins outside and emptied them which was really noisy. I also noted that the breakfast were set out for the clients without fly covers and with flies buzzing around I decided not to eat there for hygienic reasons.

• Reviewed: April 10, 2018

Overall I can say it was fine hotel location was just ok it is more preferable for travellers.

I stay there 2 nights cleaning staff came once but they didn’t clean my room they just knocked the door I open it she saw me & didn’t come back for clean.

I like the staff very friendly. Live music I enjoyed there.

• Reviewed: April 3, 2018

We didn’t get the room that we reserved.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We didn’t get the room that we reserved. On your site they are offering a new room with new bathroom and we got an old room with too small,old,and on some places dirty bathroom. We complained receptionist that that isn’t the same room that they are offering on your site and she told us that they are fully booked. Then I show her that they are still offerring the same pictures,like a room that we reserved ,for many rooms for that day on their site. The thing is that we booked the room in their hotel (expensive offer )because of the new room. We travel a lot and this is the first time that we got something totally different of what we reserved. We also took a breakfast and the bread was old.

• Reviewed: February 10, 2018

Accommodation was nice
    • Quadruple Room

The position of the hotel could be advertised with more information on its position, I found it to be very industrial. Suitable as we were only staying overnight.

The room it’s self was lovely plenty of room and warm.

• Reviewed: February 9, 2018

Stayed in the newly refurbished part of the hotel, really...

The coffee in the machine at breakfast was terrible! Not ideal if looking for central location

Stayed in the newly refurbished part of the hotel, really nice and modern. Excellent shower! Comfy bed and spacious room. Breakfast was included and was good value for money.

• Reviewed: December 17, 2017

the Rooms were newer and nice.

The Alberto was so far away to do anything close by. WiFi was not available right away, I had to go down three times before it was available. My brother did not have tv for two and a half days. All they kept saying was we can move him. When I went and told the staff that we were going to leave a day early, that problem was rectified within an hour.

the Rooms were newer and nice.

• Reviewed: October 24, 2017

If price is a factor, this is worth the trade off especially since they are modernizing the hotel.

It is located close to an industrial zone so do not expect the area around to be pretty but the fact that it is being renovated and the rooms are new and modern made up for its location. The trade off is it is cheaper than most hotels closer to the center and it feels quite safe. It is far from the city center but the convenience of the bus stop being a few meters from the hotel makes up for it. The smell of cigarette smoke in certain areas of the hotel particularly the older section can be disgusting for a non-smoker. I just hope they designate certain rooms as non-smoking and keep it that way. There is no refrigerator in the room in case you want to chill your drinks.

The hotel is under renovation (they built a new wing) and we were lucky to be placed in the new area so everything was modern, clean and new. It is located close to the industrial zone in a generally quiet neighborhood which felt quite safe. I believe I picked this hotel because it was quite reasonable compared to the other choices closer to the center. The room was quite spacious and the beds very comfortable since we like firm mattresses. The glorious bathroom was spacious for Italian standards and the shower head was anchored above so you don't have to hold it while showering. Hot water was dependable. Towels were soft and replaced daily. The staff was helpful with information and friendly. Front desk staff that I encountered all spoke English but not the staff at the restaurant. We somehow managed with sign language however. Wi-fi in the rooms was dependable and consistent but it was ironic that it was so difficult to get a connection when you were in the reception area. Parking is just right outside the hotel and we were lucky because there was an available parking spot which we occupied until we left 3 days later. The hotel is quite a distance from Trieste center but it is close to the bus stop where you can get a ride to the center for 1.20€ (good for one hour if you wish to make transfers) or to Muggia for the same price. There is a supermarket close to the bus stop if you wish to get supplies to take back to the hotel. Breakfast is quite ample with a variety of the usual offerings - cereals, oatmeal, breads, coffee, tea, juices, cold cuts, etc.). They always have boiled eggs and other egg dishes (not the usual scrambled or fried). They have a great restaurant which we tried for dinner and the pasta was delicious.

• Reviewed: October 9, 2017

Very happy with my choice.

English translations on the menu would have been helpful since the server did not speak English.

I was completely impressed with my room in the new wing. Exceptionally clean, very modern and really comfortable. Also very quiet. The staff was very pleasant and my dinner was quite good.

• Reviewed: October 5, 2017

The reception staff was amazing.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The reception staff was amazing. My mother and I stayed here for 1 night, we reserved a superior and got one in the new part of the hotel. The room was spacious and modern with an comfortable bed, it was very clean. Will come again for sure !

• Reviewed: October 3, 2017

Great value for business trips.

Highly tech rooms in the newly built hotel's section, everything managed via domo system. Available restaurant and bar at the basement which makes eating rather easy for late comers (dinner served till 9pm). Easy to be reached via car, especially through highway, but may be more difficult by public transports. Just 20 mins off town, so remember this if you're a traveller on vacation. Don't expect 5 stars, but rather comfortable, clean and tidy accommodation few km far from the border.

• Reviewed: September 30, 2017

The room was clean and tidy, the staff friendly and helpful.

Nothing really to dislike.

The room was clean and tidy, the staff friendly and helpful. The restaurant on site was quite adequate and reasonably priced.

• Reviewed: September 26, 2017

Good value for money, but nothing special.

Window view of the roadway was not really nice but I did not expect much more in this industrial area. Air conditioning was a little bit loud, so I had to turn it off overnight. Walls are really thin, so I regularly heard sounds from other rooms. At breakfast I missed a real Italian coffee. I was disturbed by the odd number of towels. Biggest minus happened in the middle of the night when I discovered there was no toilet paper anywhere.

It was cheap and available at the last moment. I did not have to worry about parking, because of lots of safe spots to leave the car in front of the building. Staff was very kind, despite the late hour. Beds were comfortable. Large flat screen TV with lots of programs was a really nice surprise. Late check out allowed me to rest completely.

• Reviewed: September 16, 2017

The hotel is located far away from the center but the rooms are great, kitchen horrible.

The breakfast was absolutely terrible, there was barely any choices. Stale cheap croissants and awful coffee, no fresh fruit.

The room was great, modern and very clean.

• Reviewed: September 14, 2017

Excellent value for money... :)

Breakfast to be different in some days. I was able to find boiled eggs only 3 times during my stay on the mornings.

It was excellent, especially the new build part on which we were accommodated, which does not look as a 3 star hotel but a 4 star hotel. If I will be travelling by car and visiting Trieste again I would choose Albergo Sonia Hotel again.

• Reviewed: September 6, 2017

I highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

Breakfast was very good.Staff was friendly and helpful.The room was clean and beds were very comfortable.We were in newly built part and everything was more than perfect!

• Reviewed: September 1, 2017

Good for short stay, don't expect luxury.

Parking may be 100% full during night, so you'll have to squeeze your car somewhere among other cars. Fine during day.

Good for short stay, don't expect luxury.

• Reviewed: August 29, 2017

Absolutely amazing!
    • Superior Triple Room

The host is amazing! Everything was perfect, way more then we expected. I can highly recommend this place and I will definitely be back next tome. She even arranged our transport to the airport.

• Reviewed: August 24, 2017

Clean and new room
    • Superior Triple Room

Was a technical problem with WiFi in reception zone.

Clean, new, well eqiped, good restorant in the hotel with big meals, good transport availability, no problem with parrking

• Reviewed: August 22, 2017

I would never choose this hotel again and do not recommend it to anyone.

We really did not like our stay at this hotel. The receptionists were rude and impolite, we've been hardly greeted when entering the hotel. A lady asked for our ID's when we checked in but we only received them back the day after, although we told her many times that we need them. Regarding the parking possiblities: the parking lot is a desolated, dark area behind the hotel right under an overpass. (you're not able to see your car from the hotel at all) It's just doesn't look safe enough. We decided to rather park our car on the street - it got fully scratched (most possibly with a key) to the next day. (and we did not park in front of a gate or on some private territory) Horrible. It is also VERY far from the city center - you either take the bus/es (which might come or not and it takes at least 20-30 minutes) or you go by car and look for a parking place for an hour or even more.

Pretty much the only thing we liked about the hotel is that the room was clean enough. Note: there is a superb bakery very close to the hotel. ("The Daily Bread" - recommended!)

• Reviewed: August 21, 2017

A good clean hotel with masses of potential and very busy

The receptionists weren't that efficient and one in particular made excuses for absolutely everything. Our TV didn't work for 5 days which, whilst not missed, had us asking Reception everyday and everyday a different reason it wasn't repaired, sometimes contradicting each other. On the whole the staff were pleasant enough (save the one receptionist) a bit haphazard and not averse to making mistakes. Kind of funny sometimes.

The room was spacious and spotlessly clean. Fresh towels and bedding daily . The bar was a bit downmarket with lottery and machines used by locals but the restaurant offered well cooked food and lots of tables. Basic breakfast but it was more than enough. This place gets really busy. Excellent pizza and great coffee.

• Reviewed: August 16, 2017

Croissants were the greatest thing here- served fresh and...
    • Quadruple Room

Staff. We arrived with small kids in the middle of the night (staff was informed about that) but we had to wait quite long to be served as the lady had her own problems and hang on the phone most of time. We heard no excuse for that. The breakfast was one big mess...

Croissants were the greatest thing here- served fresh and warm!

• Reviewed: August 15, 2017

Recently renovated rooms that are very modern and comfortable.

WIFI was a little weak. The shower was good but the drain could not keep up so the water flooded the bathroom.

Modern room with very comfortable beds and quiet.

• Reviewed: August 14, 2017

The hotel and the room was perfect and nice.

We couldn't find spagetti within 10 km. I would recommend the hotel but if you would stay there for one or two nights, but not the area. Everything was far away.

The hotel and the room was perfect and nice.

• Reviewed: August 11, 2017

rooms excellent, staff and breakfast needs attention

The customer-facing staff need training in customer service to bring them up to the standard of the new hotel. Breakfast was badly organised - adequate provisions but needs attention. Bread was pre-cut and therefore dry by the time it was needed. Fresh fruit available but not prepared. Toast was cold, croissants were sometimes available but not always replenished. Coffee machines kept breaking down. No fresh juice available only cordial (syrup).

The block was recently built. The bedrooms were well fitted with excellent bathroom, shower and bed. Room spacious, clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: August 11, 2017

Food in the resturant was good.
    • Quadruple Room

The location of the hotel is just horrible. Right next to a busy motorway and other highly trafficked roads. We should have checked the map more thoroughly before booking. The area around the hotel seems a mix of residential and industrial. OK for sleeping one night, not OK for a longer stay

Food in the resturant was good. Rooms were OK and quiet despite the traffic outside. Easy to get to by car.

• Reviewed: August 9, 2017

good price, pet friendly in the whole accommodation...

Poor WIFI signal. Difficult to reach the hotel from the main rood. Almost nothing interesting in the direct neighbourhood. Quality of breakfast was not good either.

good price, pet friendly in the whole accommodation including restaurant'area

• Reviewed: August 8, 2017

Dirty hotel

The slowest reception I have ever seen. If you ask something the answer is "I dont have time, Im working!" The room was soo dirty. I attached the photos. Must see it, you wont belive. The window has great panoramic view to the highway. It s just under your window. You can hear all your neighbours' TV from all direction. Normally its a restaurant also, but the breakfast was very poor, after seeing the bathroom, we had not a big apetite for eating something from that kitchen. The pillows appx 3 cm thin, imposibble to use it to sleep. One thing is sure I WILL NEVER COME BACK. And I dont recommend it to anyone.

Was not!

• Reviewed: August 8, 2017

It's new, clean and comfortable.

It's new, clean and comfortable. It's a very nice place to spend a holiday in Trieste. The rooms are well designed and food is delicious and not expensive

• Reviewed: August 4, 2017

A hotel for construction workers

The building is still unfinished, we had a view from the window of constructions. It is very hard to find the room because it's still unfinished. The personel is very strange, doesn't give a big deal about problems that we had. The ac was broken at first. And the room cleaners accidentally tried to go to our room for more than few times.

The bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: July 30, 2017

Comfortable room

The location of the the hotel is not in the center. But if you go with car, it is no problem.

The accomodation was very clean, comfortable. The receiptionist was very helpful.

• Reviewed: July 29, 2017

Horrible nightmare-doorknob open

Terrible night!!! We was sleeping about 01.00 night and someone is knocking on the door one time! Past 5 min knocking on the door again. We just waked up and start to listen who is? After 5 min they just tried to open the door!" at nigt 01,00 o clock?? We scared and call to administraator, she said we dont know nothing and cant understand english language. We heart two italiano guys speaked to eachother and left behind door. After that i but seat against door to close that. I wanted to sleep but we afraid. About 30min left and someone touched doorknob. This was HORRIBLE. My wife start to call police. In front of the hotell is casino and bar(many tatoos person is walking) We dont recommend, think before!!! I think someone just wanted to rob us, when we are a sleeping. Margus

• Reviewed: July 29, 2017

Breakfast was quite good.
    • Quadruple Room

We booked quadruple room with preference of 2 single and 1 large double - we got room with 3 standart beds and 1 extra bed.

Breakfast was quite good. You can choose from several kinds of meal. Also coffee machine for fresh coffee or chocolate, capuccino, etc.

• Reviewed: July 22, 2017

Cheaper is sometimes too cheap!

Where to start... parking is on the street and you are asked to reserve it during booking process, very basic room, not very clean, some stains on the walls, hair from provate parts on shower water mixer, some renovation work ongoing in hotel started at 07:30am?!? I will stop here and leave it to you to imagine the rest...

Not much to like, basic hotel.

• Reviewed: July 18, 2017

The room we stayed in was brand new so it was all clean and...

The wi-fi was ridiculous. There was a 15-20 hour period where it didn't work at all. When it did work, it was very slow. The hotel is pretty far from Trieste centre and using a taxi can be very expensive. There is nothing around or nearby the hotel except one restaurant.

The room we stayed in was brand new so it was all clean and modern. The bed was very comfortable. The restaurant has really nice food.

• Reviewed: July 17, 2017

Poor location, great restaurant

We were put into a room with no wifi, no TV and broken air conditioning. This was in the "new" part of the hotel. On booking.com it states that we would get all of the above, very disappointing. No discount offered by staff. This place is in the middle of nowhere.

Restaurant was good, new section of hotel being constructed.

• Reviewed: October 16, 2016

Thin walls....

We arrived on a Saturday night and it was quite a party at the restaurant downstairs. besides the noise from downstairs, people from the room next to us was also having a lot of fun in the night. In conclusion, the walls are too thin and not a good night of sleep.

Free parking and free breakfast.

• Reviewed: October 7, 2016

Very handy for ferry port.

Room was a little cool at night but that could have been because we were not acclimatised.

Staff expecting us at 1 in the morning as we had told them we would be arriving by ferry. Great breakfast.

• Reviewed: September 13, 2016

free parking in front of the hotel.

It is quite expensive for what you get. Old interieur and noisy.

free parking in front of the hotel. Easy to go to town by car. Rooms are clean and spacious.

• Reviewed: August 24, 2016

Nice breakfast.
    • Quadruple Room

There was not private parking space as they said on the reservation. One window of the room could not lock up safely, we inform the reception but until the check out the did nothing.

Nice breakfast.

• Reviewed: August 23, 2016

Basic hotel, good for a couple of nights sleep!
    • Quadruple Room

The wifi signal was awful, only really worked properly in reception, not in the bedrooms. The restaurant staff aren´t great, we had to go and find a waitress to serve us. The breakfast food is also very basic. You get what you pay for here!

This hotel is quite a way from Trieste, 20 mins by taxi and 20 Euros! The room was clean and the reception staff were friendly.

• Reviewed: August 18, 2016

The staffs are nice, the room was clean and there is a free...
    • Quadruple Room

Maybe its better to put anti mousquito Product in the room.

The staffs are nice, the room was clean and there is a free parking and easy access to go to city center by public transport near the hôtel,and they made à very good pizza,one of the best pizza we est in Italy

• Reviewed: August 16, 2016

Careful about the address.

Difficult to find, no help from the hotel. It's not in Trieste but a province, so my gps couldn't find it... Numerous calls to the hotel for help, without success. Disappointing to say the least.

• Reviewed: July 8, 2018

What you can expect
    • Quadruple Room

Location isn’t great but good enough for a one night stay passing through

Great big room. 5 beds

Worth the money

Good report price-quality

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

Kind personel at reception

No fridge in room, autopark is under motorway and not secure, bar is open to everyone, not the best selection for families

Kind personel at reception

• Reviewed: June 18, 2018

Rude and racist DO NOT VISIT!! Bad food bad service. Does not deserve a star. (Overnight stop over

Rude and racist owner

Newly renovated

All good!

Easy to find, easy to park, not a tourist area, nice room, good breakfast, bar and patio in hotel lobby open late.

• Reviewed: June 16, 2018

The room was brand new and immaculate!

The room was brand new and immaculate!

• Reviewed: June 9, 2018

Ok

Ants in the room and hair on the towels

Friendly staff,parking, 24 hr reception

• Reviewed: June 5, 2018

Friendly staff, comfortable and clean room, Trieste center...

Friendly staff, comfortable and clean room, Trieste center just 5 min by car

• Reviewed: June 1, 2018

jako dobro

No WC paper on the bathrom

• Reviewed: May 24, 2018

A good option for business or visiting Cattinara hospital

A little sterile on the atmosphere side

Very Smart and modern rooms at a good price

• Reviewed: May 22, 2018

Ok for trieste visit. On site parking. Reasonable price

Poor breakfast a bit limited in choice. Old part of hotel a bit dated

Nice new room in recently built block. Good shower

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

Comfortable beds and very clean hotel space.

Comfortable beds and very clean hotel space. I liked modern electronics in every room.

• Reviewed: May 20, 2018

Very kindly staff.

Very kindly staff.

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

The reviews seemed bad, so I did not expect a lot.

The reviews seemed bad, so I did not expect a lot. BUT it was a new room, very clean and it was not loud, when I closed the window.

• Reviewed: May 11, 2018

The new part was clean and modern

The breakfast was not good at all. No quality at all.

The new part was clean and modern

• Reviewed: May 9, 2018

Very comfortable stay. Easy access to city centre.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Nothinrg was too much trouble. It was good to have parking avaiable for our car. Definitely recommend.

• Reviewed: April 28, 2018

Pe

Room set up

The new renovated rooms are amazing. Ark for the rooms ins the new building.

• Reviewed: April 15, 2018

Good value for money, room was clean, with tv screen and big...

Good value for money, room was clean, with tv screen and big shower. Enjoyed the breakfast included, gluten free options. Staff was nice.

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

not easy to find

it was under reconstruction but not disturb me

• Reviewed: April 6, 2018

The location and friendly staffs

The location and friendly staffs

• Reviewed: March 31, 2018

Lovely badly located hotel

The location. Slightly off the beaten track.

The accommodation. The room and ablutions were out the top drawer.

• Reviewed: February 24, 2018