Reviews of Hotel San Samuele 1 stars

#69 of 301 hotels in Venice

9.7

Location is great and rooms are lovely
    • Economy Double Room

Lady I spoke to didn't have much English, but as I arrived after 6pm they left a key and lovely note. Didn't affect my lovely stay at this nice hotel. They only have fans no air conditioning

Location is great and rooms are lovely

No frills but very nice.
    • Economy Double Room

No lift, but that's par for the course in Venice, and you have to go out for breakfast as there's no dining facility.

Basic but spotlessly clean and comfortable with a generously sized room for Venice. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful and the location is excellent; quiet street but near all the main attractions, restaurants etc.

fantastic location and staff would definitely recommend - i shall stay there when i revisit
    • Economy Double Room

The hotel is in a perfect location and the staff are extremely friendly and have the local knowledge so Venice may be enjoyed a locally. The advice was spot on in terms of recommendations and orientation to make the most of your stay.

Very good for an authentic experience at reasonable cost

Liked it all

Away from the main tourist area yet very convenient, very Italian, a good restaurant and food shop very close by, personal attention, cheerfulness, good bed, cotton sheets

A fantastic stay in beautiful Venice.
    • Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Nothing it was all perfect.

This hotel is in a beautiful traditional building . The location is quiet but close to everything. The local restaurants serve excellent food and there are shops for your convenience. All staff were helpful and very friendly. We will return in the future.

Very friendly hosts, very clean & nicely decorated room,...
    • Double or Twin Room with Balcony

There is a pedestal fan in the room, but airconditioner might be a better choice for summer time

Very friendly hosts, very clean & nicely decorated room, good location :) Recommended!!!

We stayed at the apartment which was very spacious.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

No elevator to neither the (one floor above ground) or the rooms at the hotel. The apartment wasn’t cleaned during our three day stay.

We stayed at the apartment which was very spacious. It came with a washer and kitchen. Ten mins from San Marco square and about 7 mins to ponte dell academia. Staff gave good advice about where to visit, the best gelato I had in Italy and water bus route.

Excellent location and helpful staff
    • Economy Double Room

There is only a fan in the room so would be nice to see an upgrade to air con when we next go as June is very hot time

The location is fantastic! The room is clean and recently updated. The staff are knowledgable and very helpful - giving us really clear directions for main sights and even the boat home (to airport). Absolutely great value for the money and highly recommend!!

Boutique hotel in central position

Nothin

One of the warmest most genuine welcomes ever. Staff are obviously very proud of this boutique guest house. Lots of little design elements and attention to detail. Good communal tea and coffee etc.

Always a worthy of a recommendation!
    • Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

There was nothing that we didn't like. The accommodation and the service was way over our expectations. I will always recommend this hotel not only because of its perfect location but because you feel welcomed as a guest. Marcella gave us worthy tips about where to go or eat and at the end that's exactly what you want as a guest - have a trip where you're not only surrounded by tourists but where you emerge into the local culture.

Upon our arrival, Marcella (the young woman at the reception) told us that there has been a little problem with our booked room which is why she upgraded us to an flat. We were so happy once we saw the flat and couldn't believe we were going to be staying here for the next three nights - it was beautiful! We felt like proper venetians living in the centre of Venice. Marcella is a great help before and throughout the stay in Venice. A few days before our arrival she sent us a mail asking about some details as well as gave us information about the different possibilities of arrival. This was extremely helpful and we felt welcome already before we actually met her and saw the accommodation.

The hotel only has a few rooms and it really feels like...
    • Economy Double Room

There was no aircon in our room. It was not a problem for us since we stayed in spring and enjoyed breathing fresh air from the open window (overlooking the patio) but may cause a trouble during hot summer months.

The hotel only has a few rooms and it really feels like staying at home. The staff was extremely welcoming and friendly. The location is the best ever possible, in a quiet place yet a few minutes to all historical places. Wish I could stay longer and will definitely come back.

Lovely hotel, great location
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

This hotel is a lovely little place. It feels like it’s run by a family or group of friends so it has a nice atmosphere. We had a shared bathroom which was always very clean. The room was light and airy and the window opened to the street. The location is perfect! Away from the crowds and in an arty little area. There is the best bar nearby! The staff were lovely.

My stay was great. Clean rooms, friendly staff.
    • Double or Twin Room with Balcony

I had no complaints. If you have health issues with walking stairs, be advised no elevators. A television with at least CNN would have been nice in English but not a big deal.

Room was very clean and spacious. The staff were extremely friendly and even helped with our bags. The location is close to all major attractions and very close to water bus.

Great apartment for families!
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The shower water head/pressure needs to be replaced.

The location was great. Near everything but away from the noise. Very large apartment and super nice/helpful staff!

Great place to stay!
    • Economy Double Room

No television in the room but no big deal as we are always out and about.

The receptionist Marcella was brilliant! Location of the hotel was fantastic it's walking distance to tourist attractions.

Excellent small hotel, super friendly staff, very helpful. We would love to return.
    • Economy Double Room

Leaving!!!!! We wanted to stay forever :)

The staff were so friendly and helpful. Location was easy for all main attractions in San Marco but was in a quiet area so avoided all the congestion. Hotel was extremely clean.

Brilliant accomodation, in a superb location.
    • Economy Double Room

Location is superb, exactly where you want to be in Venice, walking distance to everything! Room was small, but adequate for me and my partner. The team were also lovely, warm and helped us navigate our way around Venice.

Hotel San Samuele April 2018
    • Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Shared bathroom was not kept very clean. Shower was very cold even at highest temperature setting.

The staff are simply excellent and will make you feel so at home. The location is great, right by a square with restaurants and not too far from main tourist attractions. They even provide detailed directions from train/plane ports.

I loved my stay at San Samuele and would highly recommend it.

I guess the only downside would be no lift but I didn’t have a problem at all.

The location was great and Marcella was very helpful and friendly. She recommended particular places and showed us how to get there. The staff definitely made our stay fabulous.

Central Venice location
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

All was good, except some windows covered by outside construction (not active during the Easter weekend we were there, so no noise).

2 bedroom apartment, reasonably sized, in central but quiet location inbetween Academia, San Marco, Rialto, great to come back during the day. Kitchen box reasonably equipped, friendly staff. Nice living room. Alimentary not far, would go there again.

Fantastic location and very helpful staff.
    • Economy Double Room

The shower could have been more powerful and it would have been nice to receive a bottle of water on arrival although water was available in the common area.

Fantastic location, everything was within walkable distance making the water bus unnecessary. The staff are brilliant who's recommendations were excellent and cannot recommend enough to definitely listen to the staff's expertise.

Loved our stay, will definitely be back again.

N/A!

Lovely room and in such a great location! 10 minute walk to all the main places you’d want to visit on your trip to Venice. Friendly staff and free tea/coffee in the morning. Easy to get to on the water boat from the airport.

Wonderful stay in a fantastic hotel!
    • Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The WiFi occasionally lost connection in the room

The location is excellent and we had a very warm and helpful welcome to Venice when we checked in. The bed was very comfortable and the shower was good. The rooms and bathroom were very clean. The value for money was also great considering how expensive Venice is.

Nice and cozy
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Super central, very quiet, very nice staff with the best recommendations for restaurants, etc. Free coffee, tea, water and biscuits at any time. Also, the staff always informed us about the situation around the acqua alta and we were able to rent wellies for € 5.00 for 4 days.

A wonderful experience.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

As a great value option in Venice Hotal San Samuele is unbeatable. The staff are welcoming and friendly, the location is excellent and the facilities are clean and modern. The hotel is warm and characterful and is an affordable gem in an expensive city.

Couldn't have asked for nicer accomadating staff or a nicer stay!
    • Economy Double Room

The shower could have been a bit more powerful but that's just us being picky.

The staff were so helpful and accomdating when I lost all of my money and help me get it all back! Lovely people and also there to ask a question and show us where the best places to go were!

Superb!
    • Economy Double Room

We got upgraded from the economy double to the standard and it was an excellent room. Superb location, very helpful reception, warm room and super comfy bed! Would 100% stay here again!

Great place to stay in Venice!
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Great place to stay in Venice! Staffs are warm, friendly and very helpful, feel welcomed! close to water bus station, quiet and comfy room. Shared bathroom is clean. Breakfast not included but there's coffee, tea and some biscuits at the reception. Cozy place to stay! Will definitely stay here if visit Venice again!

Friendly, charming and very good value for money!
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Reception could have been open longer /could have left tea and coffee in communal area to have available at all times rather than just when reception open

Loved the staff and the room had a the cutest balcony looking out to a lovely street. Very quaint and romantic toom

I really enjoyed my stay at the hotel.
    • Economy Double Room

There are some minor things like I could hear the next door opens and closes, sometimes conversations in the corridor. But it never disturbed me much.

I really enjoyed my stay at the hotel. The service was great from very start to the very end: a few days before my arrival hotel staff followed up with me about my arrival, answered all questions, gave directions how to get to the hotel easily. They welcomed with personal name tags guiding to my room. So sweet! :) I felt genuinely welcomed. The room was great and big enough, bed was comfortable, bathroom is clean and beautiful. Ladies at the reception are very friendly and helpful. They offered tea and coffee in the morning, they told where to go to eat true Venetian food for reasonable price: excellent directions by the way! So it was very enjoyable experience to stay at the San Samuale hotel. Thank you! :)

Fantastic place. Super friendly staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

Amazing place! No negative comment.

Hotel San Samuele was definitely the most friendly place at where I stayed in Italy. When I rang the door bell as soon as I arrived, I was already called by my last name, meaning they were waiting for me. I felt absolutelly welcomed and received great tips about Venice, such as places to visit, where to get great food for better costs... Strongly recommended!

Loved this place so much.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Nothing to not like. I loved this place

Loved this place so much. I stayed here at Christmas time and it was perfect. It’s near to a square which had a lovely Christmas market on it. Location was perfect and central to everything. The staff were lovely and extremely helpful. I had a wonderful stay and would highly recommend.

The room heaters were not operational properly.
    • Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The room heaters were not operational properly. The wifi was not working for 2 days. I even complained on day 1 but it was not fixed. There was no one to contact from the staff if you needed any help at night. Customers who were supposed to checkin at night were basically knocking into my door to guide them there rooms.

Perfect!
    • Economy Double Room

Really nothing, except that I was cold in the room and the heat would not increase anymore

Location, management was superior, bed was very comfortable, great bathroom

It was good.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

I have mainly dealt with Judith on reception and she was brilliant. She showed me all the main places to visit and helped me with all my inquiries. Thank you for all your help.

Beautiful place for a 3 night stay, home from home with a warm welcome from Tatiana & Marcello!

Mosquitos! !! It was not hotels fault but we were bitten alive! If I'd know they were common there I'd have brought repellent or antihistamines.

Location near Academia bridge amazing. Walking distance of all the sites. Quiet spotless hotel. When we return I will stay here again.

Nicest and most accommodating staff in a family run hotel.
    • Economy Double Room

The room might get a bit cold at night, just ask for an extra comforter, the staff are extremely accommodating in that regards as well! Spotty wifi at times but that's not a total deal breaker for me.

Nicest and warmest staff i have came across throughout my two weeks trip in Italy. Their information on where to visit and how to get to places were spot on and very helpful. The bed was super comfy, room was very clean. Great family run business!

Extremely pleasant experience, I strongly recommend this hotel.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The only drawback was the shared bathroom. While very clean, I did have a wait a while to enter.

San Samuele is a fantastically located hotel. It's just off the most central location but surprisingly quiet, unlike many other central hotels where sleep is interrupted by the sound of suitcases being dragged across the city's paved streets. Staff were very friendly and genuinely welcoming. The cleanliness of the room was excellent with nice details of extra care, such as the towels tied with ribbons and the provision of a bathrobe, unexpected for a moderately priced hotel. I was in doubt about sharing a bathroom but again the staff kept things very clean. Although no breakfast was provided there was unlimited tea, coffee and biscuits during the opening hours of the reception and a fridge available for own food, all very helpful additions for a keenly priced hotel.

Hotel staff are absolutely excellent.
    • Economy Double Room

I really genuinely couldn't fault anything about this hotel.

Hotel staff are absolutely excellent. Accommodation was immaculate. I had informed the staff that I had booked this as a surprise for my husband for our 25th wedding anniversary and they gave us a complimentary bottle of Presecco & a lovely local baked cake. To Titania who was thoroughly outstanding thank you so much for all your help. Not forgetting Judith who we only met on arrival but was so warm & welcoming also. I will 100% come back to this little gem & would have no hesitation in recommending here to everyone. I was gutted leaving. I've stayed in many 3 & 4 star hotels around the world and this was by far the cleanest & friendliest of all.

• Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Excellent staff in an excellent hotel. Judith and her staff were just fantastic. They made us feel welcome and gave us exactly what we needed to thoroughly enjoy our stay. Many thanks to all the staff. Excellent service, welcome and information. Why go anywhere else in Venice? Think this is an OTT review then try it out for yourself. Laurence & Rose Snowden Brecon Beacons Wales

Very happy to stay in San Samuele
    • Double or Twin Room

not so strong internet, but not a big problem

Very happy to stay in San Samuele very clean good location friendly and helpful stuff( thanks a lot) free coffee, tea and biscuits in the morning

The bed was very comfortable and the staff was accessible...
    • Double or Twin Room

The facilities were a bit run down, but the location was good.

The bed was very comfortable and the staff was accessible (during the day) and very helpful and friendly.

I've found my place for my future stays in Venice
    • Double or Twin Room

A quiet place, close to major attractions. Easy access with boat stop at 2 minutes with gorgeous Palazzo Grassi. A beautiful house as a private home with the most amazing welcome and kindness of the owner (French adorable lady), staff and even the cleaning ladies are kind and smiling. Tea, coffee, biscuits and water are available. Rooms are nice and I love the towels' elegant presentation. You can feel the quality of every detail. I loved my stay and will definitely come back on my next visit to Venice. Thank you so much and see you very soon :)

Friendly staff, great location
    • Economy Double Room

The money paid was not worth it because the facilities were average at best. There were certain amenities that should be available at all hours and not when the main office is open, such as the microwave, tea and coffee maker. What's the point of having a refrigerator available but not a microwave to heat it up. Also, the bathroom was clean but needed to be cleaned down with bleach because there was a certain odor that was coming from there. Soap and water is not enough.

Friendly staff, great location

Fantastic staff!
    • Double or Twin Room

Fantastic staff! We met Judith- apologies if spelt incorrectly- who gave us a Wonderful welcome! That welcome coffee was very welcome too-thanks. Excellent local knowledge and sightseeing advice and shared local knowledge of really good local places to eat. Thanks for map, thanks for simplifying boat travel and thanks for making trip to airport do easy for us with your excellent directions. Thanks to staff to excellent housekeeping staff also. I hope I will visit Venice again.what a beautiful special place. I would have no hesitation in recommending Hotel San Samuele.

Fabulous
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Bathroom a little dated and there was no plug for the bath, so had to use the shower. But not a great problem. The door needs some hooks for the wet towels.

We had an enormous appartment for the three of us, great kitchen and superb location. Staff were super helpful, especially with restaurant advice and "Must sees". Location is tremendous - 7 minutes walk to St Marks, and 2 minutes to the Grand Canal. Great corner shop just beside the appartment. Will return.

An excellent hotel to use as a base from which to explore the fascinating city of Venice
    • Economy Double Room

This is a lovely, small, family run hotel in a great location. The girls at reception were so friendly and helpful and the room basic but clean. No breakfast but complimentary tea and fresh coffee in reception.

Would stay there again. Great value and friendly atmosphere.
    • Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Pity about the stairs but again the staff were very helpful.

The staff were so friendly and helpful, couldn't have been better. The location was great, close to attractions and a nice neighbourhood.

Individual bathrooms MUST be requested!
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The "hotel" is really more of a HOSTEL, and should be reflected in the name until the hotel provides bathrooms in ever room and has more of the hotel amenities and services.

The staff is amazing, the hotel is quaint and the beds are comfortable.

I hope they have room for me next time I visit Venice!
    • Economy Double Room

Fabulous location for sightseeing in Venice whether by vaporetto or on foot. The staff were very friendly and helpful including restaurant recommendations. I really valued being able to make my own breakfast in the morning and use the communal fridge.

The perfect hotel and perfect welcome to Venice
    • Double or Twin Room

In all my years of travel, never have I had a welcome as warm, friendly and genuinely helpful as from Marcella and Tatiana. They made it their mission to make sure we enjoyed our brief time in Venice and boy did they succeed! Wonderfully helpful with information before and during our stay, and a perfectly positioned hotel to access all the key sights of Venice. We slept sooo well in the massive, comfy bed and enjoyed the free teas/coffees and biscuits available in reception. On the basis of our one night stay, we will definitely return to Venice and we will definitely stay at Hotel San Samuele again. 😀

recommended

Like in most hotels it can get noisy in the hall outside your door (and in the street if you open a window). Hotel San Samuele was quiet at night but bring ear plugs if you want to go to sleep early or if you want to sleep through the morning.

Really nice and helpful staff. Near a beautiful square (Campo Santo Stefano, there you can have a good breakfast on the small terrace of bar All' Angolo) and near the bridge of the Accademia and the vaporetto stop. Easy walk to San Marco, taking a peak at all the expensive clothing stores (if you like that). Good diner in a chalet like restaurant near the Galeria dell'Accademia: Ristorante San Trovaso.

Very near a waterbus stop.
    • Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

No elevator :( Me and my cousin climbed up the stairs with our heavy luggages =))) showering after 11PM is prohibited :( so make sure to go back to the hotel before 11PM so you can still shower after walking around the city :) Do take note that the hotel does not have an aircon. But it wasn't that hot at night (August).

Very near a waterbus stop. Near Piazza San Marco.

I love the building, the location was great, the room super clean, staff kind and so wonderful.
    • Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Since the hotel was near a restaurant, there was loud noice all night long....loud laughs & chats!!! If you would like to have a quite night, we won't recommend the rooms facing the entrance.

The staff were amazing. Tatiana commuincated our arrival time the day before and upon our arrival, she was incrediblely nice and made sure we have everything that we need. The hotel is located near the center close to San Marco and main attractions. There are coffee shops, bars, shops near by.

Lovely and quiet retreat in Venice. Felt off the beaten path, but wasnt!
    • Economy Double Room

Room was simple but was everything we needed. Only thing that could have been improved was water temp in the shower.

Great location, super helpful and friendly staff. Room was clean and comfortable.

Perfect location and amazing friendly staff

Small

The staff at this hotel are fabulous. We had a late checkin and were given great instructions on how to find the hotel from where we were arriving from and once we arrived we were upgraded :) The accomodation is in a central location easy to walk all around Venice or the public water taxi stop is also very close to take you around Venice. The room itself is small but all we needed given you hardly spend time in there when soo much to see and do in Venice.

Excellent and nice romantic place to stay! Value for money!
    • Double or Twin Room

If here will be breakfast served, it would be better.

Very friendly staff! Small but comfortable room. Nice view, balcomy with flowers. Nicely decorated place, you feel the antique spirit. Very close to all restaurants and bars, 10 min walk and you reach San Marco Piazza or Rialto. Close to Alilaguna terminal Sant Angelo that does transfers to the Marco Polo Airport.

The location of the property to shops, waterboat stop and...
    • Economy Double Room

No wardrobe to put clothes in, just a hanging coat peg. Steep steps up to reception.

The location of the property to shops, waterboat stop and restaurants and bars. Decoration in the room was lovely. There was a shared fridge if you wanted to buy things from a supermarket that needed refrigerating.

Quaint and charming hotel in a quiet and accessible location
    • Double or Twin Room

One of the downs about this place was that there was no air conditioning. While Venice was not as hot as the other cities we had travelled to this summer, which included Rome, Florence and La Spezia (and Cinque Terre), our room for some reason, was a hot box (even if we left all the windows open during the day and closed the curtains so that the sun wouldn't come into the room). It felt like we were walking into an oven every night when we came home. A fan is provided but it really wasn't enough to sleep comfortably and we woke up in a pool of sweat every morning. We had to leave the windows open and that resulted in many mosquito bites for us. If you are using the shared bathrooms (which we didn't, thank God), showers are also not allowed after 11pm, so something to keep in mind if you are arriving in Venice late. Lastly, while there is internet in the hotel, it was not really accessible from our room.

This hotel is located in a quiet area in Venice and only a 5 minute walk from the Ferry! It is very quaint and the building is definitely picturesque! After our wedding and having been on our honeymoon for a week, we really appreciated their in-house laundry services (which was excellent) and the hosts were extremely knowledgeable about Venice and gave great recommendations!

Very quaint, had a very Venetian feel about it, so lovely!
    • Double or Twin Room

It was located very near to the water taxi on a most picturesque, quiet street away from the craziness, but yet close enough to the hustle and bustle of restaurants, shops and crowds. The hotel is a perfect location! Staff so helpful & friendly. Judith took so much time out to map out our short stay here so that our time was used wisely. Will definitely stay here again in the future.

The staff was friendly and helpful.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

It was a little hot in the room the first night. It's a shame that you can't shower after 11pm. We were out late each night and when we got home we wanted to shower and relax.

The staff was friendly and helpful. It nice to have coffee and biscuits available in the morning.

The staff was very helpfull and gentle.
    • Economy Double Room

The room was very narrow, to reach to wardrobe was really hard. And there was no mini fridge. The water was getting warm really lately in the shower.

The staff was very helpfull and gentle. The room was kind of vintage and that was good. Also location was really great.

Venice - Samuele Smiles
    • Economy Double Room

A chair or small desk for luggage or just to rest would be a nice addition. Maybe even a bench at the end of the bed.

The front desk personnel were very helpful. We arrived very early by night train from Rome so wanted to drop our bags. They actually let us check into our room early morning & even upgraded our room. Coffee & cookies for guests were very enjoyable in the morning before my daughter was up. Very helpful & always smiling!

Better than budget
    • Economy Double Room

I absolutely loved this hotel! Clean, charming, and the most comfortable bed in Italy. It's located on a quiet street near a lively square. The staff were friendly and full of tips for making the most of your time in Venice.

The best accommodation I can imagine in Venice!
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The house seems not stable, but it's Venice, it's inevitable

The best accommodation I can imagine in Venice!! Clean sheets and beds, a large enough living room with a piano! All the kitchen cookers were equipped, it has washing machine, and fan, which is so useful in summer, great location, not too crowded traveller focused business area! Staffs are very helpful, they offered us detailed route to the islands for glass and lace, nice experience Will come here again!

Central location, large rooms.
    • Double or Twin Room

There was only a wobbly hand held shower. The local trattoria was good for breakfast and lunch but not dinner (served mainly fish dinners which were not good). The wifi was weak to non-existent.

Quiet location in a central part of Venice. The staff were very friendly and useful. There was free coffee and tea on the premises and a general fridge to use.

Great location, friendly owner Judith
    • Economy Double Room

It's very expensive for what it is and compared to other places in Italy, but I guess that is just Venice. Venice is more expensive than anywhere else I've been to in Italy. My room was so small i couldn't fit my luggage without moving the little table/desk in front of the wardrobe. At night I was cold with only a sheet. I couldn't see any additional blanket. When I opened the wardrobe I couldn't see one. When I asked in the morning I was told it's in the wardrobe. I found it in the bottom draw which I couldn't open as I had moved the table in front of it to be able to put my luggage somewhere. The staff wasn't very friendly or helpful when I asked for the blanket in the morning. At the restaurant I got recommended "Ristorante San Trovaso" I had the worst Lasagna I've ever had in my life (I actually didn't eat it). It had overcooked pasta, only Béchamel sauce, no tomato sauce and very little meat. It was so bad I couldn't eat it.

Good location(in the middle between st Marco square and Rialto bridge), quiet, clean, simple room, Judith gave me a very warm welcome, a map and fantastic tips (apart from the restaurant Trovaso) and orientation around Venice. My room was to the court yard and was nice and quiet. It's in a old Venetian style house, so has character. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom nice and clean and handy to have own bathroom. Good little room for one. Loved the personal welcome by Judith and also my name on my room door,nice personal touch.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Amazing place to stay!
    • Double or Twin Room

The wifi was the only downfall really

The staff were amazing, I was impressed how friendly they were throughout. They were also incredibly helpful and informative about Venice. We managed to do so much with their guidance. Would recommend staying here!

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Brilliant - fully recommend
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

It feels very warm and welcoming and was extremely well kept. The best part though is easily the staff - Judith in particular was brilliant and very accommodating; turning a good stay in Venice into a great one!

great location/great for solo travelers!
    • Double or Twin Room

Staff was so wonderful and helpful and location was great! decor and atmosphere was also so lovely. Loved that the staff sent me an email before with directions and helpful instructions. They even made sure I got on the corrrct water taxi when leaving. Just the best. The location is also key- just a short walk away from everything. Would definitely stay again!

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Pleasant stay in Venice
    • Double or Twin Room

No TV. WiFi ok, not great. Room is small by American standards, but workable.

Very good location. Comfortable bed. Excellent hosts and easy to meet others staying at property.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Best place to stay!
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Best place to stay! We were welcomed by Tatiana who gave us detailed directions how to find the hotel (she then gave us directions of every place we need to visit within the 5 days we stayed). The hotel is located in a beautiful, colourful street around 50 meters from Campo San Stefano, which is really the best place to have breakfast of croissant with coffee and after a long day spent walking and enjoying Venice - to sit in the evening and have dinner with Italian wine. Great location and really warm people. Thank you!

Well located hotel, very clean room, friendly staff
    • Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

A small built in wardrobe, or more hangar space would have been nicer.

On arrival, we were welcomed by Chiara. After showing us our room and facilities, she gave us a city map and marked out the important stuff on it. The next morning over coffee we met Tatiana, who happily clarified any doubts we had. They were both extremely warm and helpful, and made our stay comfortable. Our room and the shared facilities were neat and clean. The hotel is well located, within 10 minutes walking from St Mark's Bascilica and Rialto Bridge, and 2 minutes from the San Angelo water taxi stop (which is on the Grand Canal, and connects easily to the station, airport and all other major places in Venice). I would highly recommend this for a comfortable budget stay.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Perfect stay for a lovely trip to Venice
    • Economy Double Room

The host was very friendly and gave us a lot of helpful suggestions. Also the location is central and close to the main areas of Venice. The hotel was very clean, comfortable and peaceful. Would come back here next time as well.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

nice cosey place in good location
    • Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom

the room that we stayed was very small and basic. its worth paying a bit extra for a bigger room. no tea making facilities in the room reception offer free coffee from 8am -6 pm after that it is closed

staff were very friendly and informative. plus a good location. value for money.

Browse Hotel San Samuele traveller photo gallery