Reviews of Hotel Rex Milano 3 stars

Via Marco D'Agrate 34, Ripamonti Corvetto, 20139 Milan, Italy

#377 of 424 hotels in Milan

6.2

The check out is at 10am also on Sundays. I had to pay 20 more euros to postpone at 1pm. I found it too expensive. Also breakfast cost 20 euros each. I have not tried it because I found it too expensive

Staff was fine and location is also fine.

It was quite cold in the room. Not only because they turn of the heat at night but even when it's supposed to be working it is no such a good heating system

The room was clean and the people at the reception was really nice and helpful. The hotel is placed in a quite neighborhood which is good for resting, but also conveniently accessible to public transportation

I read the comments of what people said and thought they were dramatic until I went there and realized it's even worse then people said.

Casino across the street. Literally that's it.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

The location is was convenient, in the middle way from the airport to my office, but the neighbourhood is lacking any restaurant. If you get back to hotel late, the Hotel's restaurant might be closed, and you would have to call for a pizza, I could not find any passable restaurant nearby.

Very clean, it's simple but have all the main points: safe, good bed, ac, minibar, bathroom was very clean. Shower was not the hot in the morning, and cold in the evening. The staff is very kind.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

-WiFi was very very bad. It was so bad that the guest WiFi was lot better and you have to sit in the reception lounge to access internet.

-Rooms were clean and tidy. -Hotel ambiance was good -Close to the metro and bus station -Private parking spot

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

The walk from the station felt a little uneasy as there was a burnt out car on the street infront of the hotel.

The staff were very friendly, even ordering us delivery pizza! The breakfast was also very yummy. The room was quite large and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Poor choice for breakfast, just pastries and sweet food. Be aware - you need to ask for a special key for the electricity in the room.

Free parking. Fresh pastries. You need to walk around 10 min to the nearest tram station, but it takes you straight to the centre. There is also a bar which sells transport tickets just on the corner of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

Check-in and check-out time, wast here check-in very late and check-out before 9 clock if we go late night, we can't have a rest till late morning not a good hotel for rest,

nothing special

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Never been to a hotel to have a check out of 9:30 am! Not a good location! Poorly managed! Very hard to find the location!

Mr. Manual front desk receptionist on our arrival. He was VER polite

The organisation wasn't the best!

The staff was friendly!

The cleanliness and the proximity to family.

Heating did not work, very cold in room for families with small children

Hotel staff at the level

Was clean and quiet... same as expectation ...

Unfriendly staff. Area felt like a bad neighborhood. Price was very good though.

Staffs were amazing!

• Reviewed: 21 May 2016

It was not clearly noticed, when booking, the jump of the breakfast price to 15 Euro (!!!) which makes the overall price of the stay much less competitive. It is not difficult to have a breakfast very near to the hotel at 1/3 of that price, but I have not liked the surprise at check-out.

As usual, the courtesy of the staff, the cleanliness and the easy parking in the neighborhood. The hotel has very large rooms and is optimal for business travellers.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2016

Very poor and staff behaviour is rude. Rooms are not clean. They charged me 90 euros instead of 45 euros mentioned in discount price. They are fraud. I will not recommend anyone to go and stay in this hotel.

There is nothing to like in this hotel.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2016

WiFi service was poor

My room got a view. Transportaction was very convenient...getting out from the metro station and find the bus stop where the bus stops right next to the hotel

• Reviewed: 29 March 2016

Helo people.I am been in hotel with my girl friend.When I coming in hotel I pay for 2 day hotel per 88€.The recepcion men not give me recived when I pay maney for 2 day...When I ask the recepcion men what's your name,he seey my name is may name and not sey you my name.... After 2 days,when I go in home and when I doing chek aut,then recepcion men give me recived for the pay telephon in the rom 40€....ok I seey no problem,I pay 40€ when you give me recived vith tarifen and minut becose I need to se what I pay....recepcion men seey ok if You not pay I cool the police....when coming the police teling in recepcion men the he mas give me tarifen and how mani minut I cooling with telefon then I need the pay,if is not have tarifen then is not my problem.... This people hus working in recepcions men hes not ferr for as ho coming the sleps in hotel Rex... I newer coming in hotel rex newer!!!!!!

• Reviewed: 1 March 2016

when i go to there first time, they want to 8 euro tourist tax and we paid 88 eu + 8 eu =96 euro. but when i leaved they want to again tourist tax. they said "you didn't pay tourist tax". is it possible? don't go there.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2016

Breakfast is not included and not particularly spectacular, better to go at the bar round the corner in the main street. Without a car, it is not straightforward to reach the center of Milan

A three-star hotel needing refurbishment but otherwise very clean. Ultra-large rooms for a bargain price. Parking easy in the surroundings but also an internal parking is available. Personnel very curteous and collaborative.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2015

Staff was not friendly at all, there was no hot water and the wifi didn't work even if you paid for it. Not a very pleasant experience for us at all and frankly I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Milan.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2015

It was advertised that the hotel had a Gym but when we arrived i was told that the gym was under construction and could not be used. Very dissapointing as i choose the hotel because of the Gym facilities.

Staff were nice always.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2015

Wifi isnt free - 6e for user name and pass just on portable (one cell phone or lap top). Connection is very low so you cant watch youtube normaly on minimum resolution. WARING!!! - HOTEL TAKE YOUR MONEY from credit card (I KNOW NOT BOOKING.com - hotel take from hotel ATM) before your arrive. For example if you want pay with cash or from other card you cannot because your money already taken from card reservation. Person on reception - Two younger guys is great. But one older men with glasses who work on 28/07/15 midnight shift isnt polite and he is very brash. He tell me: just call booking this isnt my problem. I dont care about your opinion and he was speaking very aloud - that is not fair because I am guest and I pay hotel....He also tell me just call my manager or my boss. This is the main reason for bed mark + wifi + breackfast(second reason) but behavior from older man on reception is main reason definitly. Advise: Talk with your employ(older man on reception) and tell him about guest because I (and all other guests) gave him salary NOT boss. Thank You.

Location is ok and two younger guys who work on reception is already ok. Woman who clean are also great. Clean is perfect in room and all hotel.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2015

They charge you for everything . I reached this hotel at 11 am. They said you booked economy room you will get room at 5 pm . Orelse go for comfort room and they charge me extra for that. They didnt told me all this before.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2015

They charge you extra to use wifi. Really bed service. And not even a very good connection. Then they charge you extra taxes when you leave that they excluded from the online price to make it look cheaper. It was 20 min to walk to the nearest metro and then half and hour in the metro to get to the center.

It was calm and clean

• Reviewed: 5 July 2015

Wifi is 6€ per 2 days for one device and the speed is awful and drops a lot. Not usable. Breakfast is not cheap and a lot of times you don't have anything left but you always pay the same price.

The AC was fine

• Reviewed: 24 June 2015

check in and check out hours are exaggerated Insufficient and poor toiletries The minibar was provided only with mineral and still water. And was growing a mold

Nothing in particular

• Reviewed: 21 June 2015

they charged 3 euro per baggage before check-in time just to keep baggage at the reception. Any hotel didnt charged anything until today fır baggage. And that cost was unexcepted cause there was no info while booking hotel. When ı objected the guy said you are just talking about 3 euro!!!! Staff should be respectful to customers, maybe 3 euro is important for me , after that he said ı wont do your check-in even ı have a booking in there!!!!! If you want have a nice start in milano dont choose that hotel. They are stealing without any info!!!!!

• Reviewed: 5 May 2015

beds uncomfortable - wasn't very clean or functional... wouldn't recommend it (unless on a strict budget, but in that case there are other cheaper options in Milan). We had friends in Italian who just happened to stay at this place a week before us, and their comments after hearing we had stayed here were less than favourable without any prompting from us.

not much

• Reviewed: 5 May 2015

They have hidden charges.When I paid full amount online I thought my payment was over as I didn't intend to take meals from them.but they charged me addtionally for providing 2 rooms adjacent to each other and for the mineral water they have provided me which I thought was for free.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2015

Location is really not convenient to get to the city centre. The hotel would need some TLC, it's quite tired

Staff is great, very kind and helpful. Room was clean, bed was comfortable. Didn't have breakfast because woke up either too early or too late so can't rate it

• Reviewed: 26 March 2015

Hotel is located outside of center but is new, modern and clean with large rooms and large bathrooms with plenty of hot water. The staff was nice. Easy to get anywhere by public transport.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2015

First the hotel would not allow me to check in until 1700 which was ok. They then wanted to charge me 6 euro per bag to hold our bags for 90 minutes until they would let me check in. There was no free wifi. It was 6 euros for a code that would only work on one device for 2 days. Even after paying for the code I couldn't get the wifi to work. Check out time is at 930AM, the earliest I've ever experienced in Italy.

The staff were lovely and very helpful.

• Reviewed: 2 May 2016

Far from underground stations- it is mandatory to have a car

Unbeatable price/value for Milan. Large and comfortable room, easy parking

• Reviewed: 8 December 2015

there is no coffee pot

staff is very frendly and the room is so clean and spacious,

• Reviewed: 7 November 2015

NOTHING,

• Reviewed: 22 October 2015

No heater to make tea No iron

The receptionist staff especially the one in the shift up to 11 pm without hair in anterior scalp

• Reviewed: 20 October 2015

Breakfast was simple, even for a continental one. Only Italian TV-channels, no international news channels

• Reviewed: 13 August 2015

wifi was rubbish no breakfast included

staff was great room was big clean area

• Reviewed: 10 August 2015

- Paid wifi which is unstable to use - Far location to city centre

- Great staff - Comfortable room - Clean room

• Reviewed: 5 August 2015

room was smell like smoking room

• Reviewed: 28 May 2015

the area is not reassuring

staff was very kind, everything was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2015

- Quite a Distance from the train station.

- Cheap - Very nice staff - Outside have a nice park

no wifi!!!

• Reviewed: 8 April 2015

extra payment for wifi

Cleanliness and check-in check out time flexibility

• Reviewed: 13 March 2015

Paid wifi....wifi was down, not repaired. Far away from city and airport....

• Reviewed: 3 March 2015

They charge for everything

• Reviewed: 20 January 2015

wifi is not free, lot of hostels and low rated hotels has a free of charge wifi internet.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2015

Scary neighborhood 5 euro for wi-fi they ask for luggage deposit fee very late check in for low cost bookings

Staff was cordial

• Reviewed: 5 January 2015

WIFI not included in the price.

Value for money

There are also 9 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hotel Rex Milano traveller photo gallery