Reviews of Room Mate Isabella 4 stars

Via de' Tornabuoni 13, Tornabuoni, 50123 Florence, Italy

#48 of 392 hotels in Florence

9.7

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

I loved my stay and would return!

It did not bother me but quite a few stairs to get to the first elevator. The staff is amazing and carries your suitcase but if you are elderly or have any kind of walking problem it might be a concern - just thought I would mention it as I was surprised.

Very clean, extremely helpful and friendly staff, excellent location and great breakfast

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Excellent location, nice and helpful staff.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

A bit noisy, but nothing terrible, just keep in mind that it’s located in the heart of the city, so crowds of tourists are inevitable.

Excellent location, nice and helpful staff. Maybe wouldn’t recommend it for families with small kids, as there are steps to get to the main floor (not an easy way with the stroller).

Perfect place for stay in Florence
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The lift is quite old but it doesn’t really matter that much as it still does the job

The staff was helpful and friendly, the breakfast was excellent apart from the coffee which wasn’t that good

Gorgeous Hotel with a Few Problems

When you arrive, you have to scale 48 stairs just to reach the lobby. My room was on the "first" floor so I never needed the elevator. Luckily, they do have a doorbell where you can ring someone to help with your bags. I stayed in a single room, which was so cute - the price was right and I didn't mind a smaller room. Unfortunately, the bed itself kept sliding away from the wall and the mattress wouldn't stay on its base, so I almost fell off a few times. I also had a terrible experience at check out, which took two lengthy trips to the front desk. I had requested a cab be called so I could have a stress free trip to the train station. They said they requested one that accepted credit cards (I had limited cash left) and that the cab would arrive in 3 minutes, so I tipped the front desk staff and went downstairs to wait. It took around 20 minutes for the cab to arrive, which got me to the train station just minutes before my train for Milan left. When we arrived, I went to pay and discovered the cab only accepted cash and I didn't have enough to pay him! (I would have if I hadn't tipped the staff so much in cash or if he had a credit card machine, like I was told.) He was very kind, but it was so embarrassing. I would definitely suggest not listening when they say a cab only takes 3 minutes to arrive - budget at least 30 to be safe.

Wonderful service at check in! Appreciated that the staff helped with my bags and gave me a map that they personalized with their suggestions for my time in Florence according to my interests (art!). The location can't be beat, it was a short walk from anywhere I wanted to go (including the train station). The hotel itself is gorgeous - very modern and fun and unique.

Good location and very friendly staff The breakfast was...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Our room was very small. We where offered a bigger room and the money was not the problem but the AC was not working properly and the temperature was in the 90’s

Good location and very friendly staff The breakfast was great.

Great Location, friendly staff, spacious rooms &...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The rooms were dark & need more lights.. Ac was not working properly & had noise.

Great Location, friendly staff, spacious rooms & bathroom, very clean & nice smell..

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Housekeeping. They just made the bed, didn't throw away the garbage, left the room with unclean cofffee cup.

Location. Super location! Right in the middle of everything. Breakfast. Friendly staff. A very friendly waiter at breakfast called Rolly.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

The location was awesome, the bed incredibly comfortable.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The only thing that wasn't great was getting in and out of the shower, but that is being picky.

The location was awesome, the bed incredibly comfortable. Staff were very friendly. Room was large and comfortable.

Excellent location, still waiting for the left-behind luggage
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Street noise, lack of healthy vegan&gluten free options for breakfast. They also forgot to give us one of the stored bags and we were to stressed about catching the train to realise this until it was too late. They posted the items for us but we will only receive them 10days later (i assume they didnt pay for the express service with the currier)... hopefully they will arrive undamaged. Also didnt like parfumed public spaces such as stairway. I get a headache from the poisonous chemicals and it was difficult to avoid breathing air walking up the stairs. It felt a bit funny to be told upon arrival (from the receptionist) to appreciate the upgrade that they have given us.

Excellent location, friendly staff, comfortable bed, dark room at night. Professional solving of the left-behing luggage situation. It was lovely to stay in the historical bulding. Nice decoration.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Hotel needs to add measures for safety and security of clients
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Big security risk! No extra layer of security plan for in-house guests. Anyone can easily access the entrance door that leads to the lobby on the upper floor as well elevators to the rooms. We were robbed of our personal stuff including all our cash while we were having breakfast in the same floor of our hotel room . Lobby/reception is also located in the same floor . We asked about the cctv footage cause there were 2 cameras directly on top of our hotel room dooor and to our disgust they said it was not working at the time that the break-in happened. Unbelievable! It has caused us so much trauma! Fortunately for us, their comptroller and front office director was there and requested them moved us to another hotel cause we didn’t feel safe staying in their hotel . They are also helping us claim from their insurance company which is very much appreciated . We are hopeful that the management of Room mate Isabella will see us thru this until the case is finished. My daughter booked us this very expensive and luxurious hotel coz she felt we needed a nice accommodation for RnR and the more expensive it is, the better . Could have been that without the break-in incident . A pricey hotel doesn’t guarantee your safety .

Location was central .

A perfect place to stay in Florence!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

A perfect place to stay in Florence! The staff was very friendly and always with the smile on their faces. The room was very clean and cosy! I will come back with pleasure!

Great stay even though we might not return.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was small..We had no where to put our suit cases. We kept stepping over them. (there were 2 of us). We couldn't open the bathroom door completely because the sink was in the way. We didn't know that we would have to walk 20 steps to go up to the reception. This wasn't a problem for us but it would have been if I were to travel with older family members. The room was on the pricy side for its size. We were debating between this hotel and pensione pendini. We might try the other one next time for the same price

The location is ideal. Close to everything. The breakfast was great. The staff was top-notch. The bed was super comfy and we love the decor.

Short, but very nice stay

The hotel is in a pedestrian area and can be a bit tricky to reach especially if you are from abroad like us.

Amazing room and amazing staff, extremely helpful and went above and beyond to make sure our stay was comfortable, especially Saimir. Top floor room that was massive. Breakfast was lovely and the location cannot be any better, right in the heart of everything.

Romantic Florential hideway in the Centre of Florence
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The elevator does not include the first story so there are some steep stairs to climb .... however this is a good balance given the large quantities of food and alcohol that will be consumed. But the staircase is well designed and the decor is fabulous

The location is top notch. You are in the center of Florence within walking distance to several of the major attractions such as the Uffizi ( including one of 3 David statues in Florence), The Duomo, Ponte Vecchio as well as 10 mins walk from the main train and bus station. The hotel is very close to several luxury boutiques such as Gucci, Prada and so on as well as close to a market and other more m9oderately priced shopping experiences. Eating and drinking is essential activities in Florence and this area has several fine restaurants as well as numerous cafes and bistros.

Just book it :)
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Great money value , amazingly friendly staff , spacious and clean room and the location is central and easy to reach any of Florence famous sites and the station . Oh, the breakfast was sooooo yummy . Amazing feeling at home atmosphere:)

Great room, with a comfy bed. Fantastic breakfast and very friendly staff.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Perhaps climbing the stairs up from street level to the lift, with suit cases or after a day sight seeing around Florance. There is nothing they can do about that, I'll have to get fitter for our next visit!!!!

A great location to visit many of the sights in the centre of Florance. We could go back to the hotel and rest before venturing out again, without traveling too far.

A breath of fresh air from the tiny, slightly old hotels in Europe.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The elevator seems to malfunction occasionally, stopping at floor 1 when you hit floor 3 and taking a couple tries to get it started. The shower was also a bit uncomfortable with the shower head right in the middle of the tub facing the narrow side of the tub.

Great view from the bedroom. Awesome location in the heart of the city. Super friendly staff. Hotel was super clean and always smelled amazing. Plentiful food at breakfast. The bathroom was super luxurious and along with the room, was super inviting after a long day of walking.

Worth mainly for it’s location
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No elevator from street level, tiny elevator from first floor up, room’s very small and dark

Excellent location, good breakfast, friendly staff, big bathroom

- I will not recommend, it is too expensive compare to its facilities.

- I were not aware I selected single bed. I always choose queen size bed when I book the hotel. If I was aware it is single bed room, I would not select this hotel. How I can spend more than 300 euros per night for this kind of single room. - I could not spend the stay comfortablly. The soundproof of the room is aweful. I could listen all conversation and TV sound from next room. - Elevator was also unconfortable. I should take more than 20 steps to get elevator from ground floor.

Staffs are really kind and provieded me best experience.

Great location, great staff, great service and great breakfast.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

More wattage in the light fixtures would have improved our stay. The room lighting was very dim and it was difficult to read.

Breakfast was excellent. Staff was very helpful, attentive and friendly

Great stay at top suite!

Stairs to reception area.

Bell-staff and reception staff are friendly. Location was quiet and accessible to sites and restaurants. Breakfast was good. We liked the window table looking onto the other buildings. Room 40 Suite is remarkable with rooftop views.

Excellent room
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Two flights of stairs up to lift access not good for someone like myself with limited mobility. No bar for evening nightcap or to meet friends.

Excellent room Excellent location

Best location in Florence
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The wooden floor of the bedroom was loose, it made all the furniture to produce a crushing sound when you walked around. The shower door system was worn out, water was filtering all over the bathroom.

Spacious bedroom, nice big windows, lots of natural light. Very confortable bed. Best location in Florence, you can get to anywhere at a walking distance. Breakfast was ok.

The hotel has very good location which is opposite of Medici...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel has very good location which is opposite of Medici palace .Room was very clean .The staff of the hotel are very helpful, lovely, friendly.if l go there , l will stay in this hotel again

Location (walk to everywhere and to/from train station...

Just to let you know - there are stairs before the elevator. Staff helps with luggage, but just to let you know. I did not have big bags, so it did not bother me at all

Location (walk to everywhere and to/from train station too), great helpful staff, comfortable bed (I had single room), windows that open, quiet to have a good rest, good breakfast

Nice boutique hotel in a great location.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

You have to go up stairs to get in. Not a problem for us and the porter helped with bags, but important to know. Walls were thin

Location was great, staff were very helpful, design/decor was cool

Cosy and warm place like home!!!!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The front desk is very helpful for the inquiries and also you can stay in their salon to have tea coffee even you have already checked out!! It was really nice extra service especially it was freezing and snowing outside that you will hope to a warm and cozy place to stay in before going to the airport!! Sure I will come back again whenever I need to stay in Firenze!!!

I really enjoyed my stay.

on some nights, there were loud (party?) noises that made it hard to sleep.

great location within walking distance to many sightseeing places. very friendly staff. the room is cleaned nicely everyday. breakfast is good.

I would stay here again despite the small bed.

However the rooms are small, the single bed is more a chaise lounge. Coffee at breakfast... not so good. But the staff were accommodating and provided gluten free breads and pastries.

The hotel is beautifully decorated. And the location is fantastic, above the Gucci store with the Palazzo Strozzi across the road. Great restaurants close by and the Ponte Vecchio a few minutes away. All the sights are within easy walking distance.

Excellent value for money and location!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Stairs to get in is a point to work, but it’s not a big problem.

Friendly staff, charming decoration and excellent location close to everything in walk distance!

Central, clean and family-friendly hotel which is value for money!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

-to the first floor there are only stairs available (it's mentioned in the hotel desciption so no review from our side) as we were travelling with a stroller we had always to carry it for a few steps which ended up in gaining extra muscles ;) -during the night it was quite noisy outside (motorbikes, cars, screeming people) which could be prevented by modernised windows.

-really nice breakfast with sweets, a good choice of breads, delicious cappuccino -super friendly staff from reception to service -as our daughter was sleeping a bit longer on the day of our departure it was no problem to check out a bit later - we were so happy -good recommendations for restaurants and sightseeing -clean and well appointed room

Perfect
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bed was super comfortable. The location is perfect, close to everything. Breakfast was good and till noon which is perfect if you like to sleep a bit longer in the morning. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Would definitely stay there again.

We appreciate extremely friendly staff, tasty breakfast and...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was quite and but too small. Of course we were not here all the day but if the space was bigger it will be awesome.

We appreciate extremely friendly staff, tasty breakfast and perfect location. We were taken aback by the cute notebook and a bottle of water, which were given us as a gift. Without any doubt we recommend this hotel, we had great time there.

That was our first time in this hotel, everything was great,...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

That was our first time in this hotel, everything was great, staff was very very friendly. Breakfast was really good. I’ll definitely book there if I go back to Florence again:)

Best hotel and staffs.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Best hotel and staffs. We got room 3 hours earlier since we requested for early checkin. Quite comfortable to stay with our 2 year old daughter. Breakfast was good.

Great location, friendly staff, clean rooms and good...

There is some noice from the street at night, but that can rarely be avoided in Florence.

Great location, friendly staff, clean rooms and good breakfast. Perfect place for a comfortable stay in Florence. The interior is very colourful and quite special Italian style, nice change to all those white and minimalistic hotels.

The hotel was exactly as I expected, comfortable, clean and in a very good location.

Because of the room's location there was some noise from other guests when door to Reception left open and also from adjoining rooms with doors banging shut. Only tried the bacon once as it was extremely salty.

The room was a good size for a single and had all I needed for my trip. The little extra touches from staff made me feel welcome, especially as I was travelling alone. The location is excellent for visiting all the tourist attractions. Good variety at breakfast. The Reception staff were all lovely and seemed genuinely happy to help.

Fantastic location but be ready to put up with less comfort and privacy

The bed was too small and pillows not very comfortable, my single bed room was overlooking the main street with a window which made it very very noisy especially since I was staying over the New Years period. In addition, the daily coffee amenities was skipped 2 days in a row.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, the decor was modern and chic and the facilities were uptodate and clean. Great strateguc location but you need to put up with less privacy and noise from the main street.

Best Location in Florence

Wifi could be improved

The location is perfect, just several minutes walk to the Cathedral. The bathroom is big and bright. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We carried two big luggage but the staff helped us to bring them upstairs. The breakfast is good and the guy in the dining room is quite welcoming.

Great Location!!!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It is a very good hotel in a great location. The staff were super friendly and helpful. Had my birthday when staying at the hotel and got a complimentary fruits platter, was such a sweet thought. Overall, was a great experience and will come back. :) Thank you for a great stay.

Perfect Florence boutique hotel.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

? Nope, can't think of anything!

I liked everything about this Hotel. We can all book a Hilton or a Marriot and you know exactly what you will get, it will be almost identical wherever you are in the world. This hotel has real character and charm. It has a decor which is classic and classy. It's a true boutique hotel and on top of that its 3 minutes walk to the heart of Florence. Perfect.

Good location very clean but you need a lot of patience for the steps and the staff

To many steps. The heating was not working . The bed was extremely soft. The breakfast was not good. The staff were trying to be helpful to be polite but there were not really

The room was very clean

You will not be disappointed
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

This hotel way exceeded expectations. We were offered a very cost effective room upgrade to a deluxe room, which was magnificent. Spacious, well furnished and overlooked the Palazzo Strozzi. A very comfortable bed and dark drapes made sleeping a delight. The room had a small fridge and tea making facilities. We were also offered free use of a pocket wifi device for the duration of our stay, giving us access to the internet whilst out and about. The staff were very warm and welcoming, with excellent English. Nothing was a trouble. Particular thanks to Saimir for his attentive and friendly service. Breakfast was a very generous affair. Fruit, cereal, yoghurt, pastries, rolls, ham, cheese and sopressa, eggs, bacon and sausages. Plus all the wonderful Italian coffee you can drink. A big thank you to Rolly, who looked after us so warmly and attentively. A wonderful host. The location is outstanding. It is easy to walk from the Santa Maria Novella train station - about 10 mins, with luggage. The hotel is also in easy walking distance to the major sights, and to the shopping areas. It is surrounded by great little places to eat. One day, we popped home in the middle of the day to drop shopping bags, and were given free coffees in the salon. Wow. We stayed 4 days and wished we had longer. Try it, you won’t be disappointed.

Glad I picked it based on familiarity with the brand, the location elevated the entire experience.

Weak Wi-Fi signal.

Breakfast served til NOON. Brilliant. Helpful staff. Ideal location. But note, there is a two-story climb from the street level to the first elevator.

Very enjoyable; great hospitality!

The single room I had was very comfortable. Pillows excellent. The décor was Florentine (or so it seemed) and the location of the hotel was excellent for sightseeing and the trains. Without exception I found the staff very helpful and kind. That's important as there are a number of stairs from the road and I had heavy luggage and needed help. I would also suggest that on winter mornings the breakfast room needs far brighter lights. Apart from this, the hotel is very comfortable, breakfast is simple but good and the hotel is a great choice for a few days in Florence - would definitely recommend it to others and stay here again.

When we go back to Florence, we'll be staying there!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff very welcoming and informative. Great atmosphere. We were offered an upgrade and that was fabulous. Wonderful breakfast - and you can have it up to midday (quite rare in other hotels!)

Your in amongst the best Florence offers and easy access to more.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We had a great spacious front room facing museum. It is noisy at night- early morning should you choose to keep windows open. Otherwise easy to block this out when windows closed and curtains drawn.

The location is amazing. Everything is closeby eg. Restaurants, cafes, Arts & museums, and all key Florence sites and train station.

It was a very comfortable hotel in a very good location.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was nothing special.

Very comfortable rooms in an excellent location. Simple walk from the station and easy to get to all the main sites of Florence.

Loved location, but will look elsewhere in the area on our next visit.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No toilet paper in bathroom. Concierge said he would bring bags to room, but after 15mins still hadn't so we went down to collect ourselves and they were sitting in public area unattended with no sign of concierge. Room was extremely noisy at night, shouting, music and drunken antics from the street could be heard into the wee hours of the morning. Despite saying the room has air conditioning, there was none working. And when we asked at reception they said Management had turned the system off and would not allow us to have it on, despite us having paid a decent amount of money for these fairly basic room amenities. We loved the location of this hotel, but will look for another option in the area on our next visit.

Nice boutique hotel

Nothing, just the pricing is on the high side. Justified by the good location

Location is really good. Near to train station and key attractions. Modern design. The breakfast was good too. Some nice restaurants nearby. I felt safe to stay there.

Beautiful property in a fantastic location. The most beautiful room on our 2-week trip to Italy!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

My husband and I spent two night at Room Mate Isabella in mid-September. Upon arriving, we buzzed up to the hotel and the porter came down to assist us with our luggage. There is a full flight of stairs that you ascend to reach the lobby. The staff at the front desk was friendly and helpful. The woman checking us in informed us that she was upgrading us to their apartment room. What an upgrade it was!! We had the top floor apartment and it was absolutely incredible. Thank you Room Mate Isabella for our incredible room, we were in awe. The room was beautiful, the bed was extremely comfortable and had the highest quality linens of any of the rooms on our trip to Italy. It was spacious and very well appointed. It was truly lovely, I only wish we had more time to spend at Room Mate Isabella. Thank you again, wow!! Location: The location is fantastic. You are in the heart of Florence and within walking distance to anything and everything. It was wonderful to be able to pop back to the hotel so easily to drop off shopping bags or take a quick nap before dinner. Breakfast: The breakfast was delicious and it is served in a lovely dining and sitting area. They have a daily egg/breakfast dish and every breakfast food you could want. We asked for a made- to-order espresso each morning, as the coffee from their coffee machine was not good, but the made to order one was excellent, so no complaints there. This is a lovely hotel, in a fantastic location, with incredible staff. I would absolutely stay here again and we are even looking into staying at more Room Mate Isabella properties for our upcoming trip to Spain next year. It really made a very positive impression on us, I highly recommend this property.

A transformation to the renaissance time

The Breakfast could be improved

All the reception staff where extremely nice and welcoming and helpful as they where following our lost luggage problem with the airport every day until the luggage was delivered to our room, and i especially point out Silvia

Amazing, Fantastic, Superb!!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Not a darn thing. I only wish I could clone this hotel & bring it everywhere.

First, the people!!! Such a lovely staff. Warm, helpful & so sweet with my son. They honestly could not have been nicer!! Second, the location was fantastic . Very safe & convenient to everything. Third, our room was great. We “upgraded” to a larger room (only £25 night I think). Not massive, but definitely enough space for my son & I to have a little breathing room. Fourth, breakfast was fantastic...and served until 12!!! So great if if slept in. Pretty & relaxed dining areas. The ONLY tiny, little thing I’d request is perhaps they add BBC World to the Cable. At the risk of sounding the dumb American, id love to have some English language news. But that’s all. All in all, it is a perfect boutique hotel. (Send our best as well as our genuine appreciations to Sylvia, Alessandra, Rolando & the rest of the staff)

Great location but...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

This is my second stay at Isabella and honestly I came back because of the first great experience but unfortunately the second time was less impressive. The wifi barely worked in the room, most of the times with no coverage at all. The breakfast was less than ordinary and nothing fancy. No facilities in the hotel (restaurant, gym...) But in Florence you know you're not gonna let anything ruin your stay.

The location is excellent, the staff are wonderful and the room is spacious with complimentary water, coffee and tea.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

The perfect place to stay in Florence. A boutique hotel squeezed between the Gucci shops ❤️

Just the short climb to the reception . Fairly ok for the energetic ones as against those who don't work out, it's equivalent to 2 steep floors . A few calories blot burn. The guys in charge of transporting the bags must have had a workout with our baggages.

The lady Manager at the desk was very fluent in English and was very helpful in all of our needs. From referring restaurants to arranging an extension on our rooms as we wanted to stay longer in Florence and in the hotel.

The decor was great, individualised and cool.

The aircon was controlled centrally rather than from room do had to request reception to turn it on in and off

The decor was great, individualised and cool. Service was delightful, loved the living room.

It is difficult to reach the hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

When you drive car, it is very difficult to find the hotel, and there are 40 more steps to the reception , we have not received the drive instruction before the trip.

The location is good

Perfect hotel, perfect staff!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

This was a beautiful, comfortable, clean, boutique hotel. The breakfast was absolutely gorgeous and delicious -- the coffee, absolutely perfect. While the accommodations were top-notch, the staff was outstanding and solicitous to our every need. The desk clerks were polished gentlemen who called taxis for us, made dinner reservations for us, scheduled a private tour, gave directions to our destinations, recommended wonderful restaurants and shopping, and welcomed us for drinks in the evenings upon our return to the hotel. Need I say more??!! And you could tell they genuinely liked us "Americanos," and they spoke beautiful English as well, which made communicating very easy. Grazie mille!!

A gem of a hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

everything. the staff was so helpful and friendly and accommodating, the decor was charming, the location was position A, they served breakfast until noon, the bed and sheets were of quality...

The location, amazing!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bathroom needs to have a shower. A bath shower doesn't work well. Perhaps the hotel should keep this in mind when renovating in the future.

The location, amazing! The room was a stunner! It was on the third floor in the corner. We had a beautiful view outside. The atmosphere is priceless.

Great Location! Wonderful Staff!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The stair /elevator set up is a little inconvenient

The front desk staff were super helpful. The person (I forget the name unfortunately) was a young man who went to extra lengths to help find a tour for us that week for the Val D'Orcia region which was a must do on my list.

a lovely boutique hotel with friendly staff, would stay here again in a heartbeat

small bathroom

loved the self serve espresso machine great breakfast buffet wonderful location fantastic view from room onto street below nice staff neat vibe

Great central location on Tornabuoni.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Noise from outside. There was refurbishment work next to our apartment. The street was noisy very late at night - maybe to be expected in a central Florence location.

Great central location on Tornabuoni. Spacious room with high ceilings. Friendly staff.

Very pleasant night in the middle of Florence
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

As it is an old building, plumbing noises of the rooms around carry.

Very nice Hotel in the center of the old Town. Friendly staff, well decorated interior, excellent Service.

Plesant trip in Tuscany from Florence
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

not really dislike but should be better if the elevator can be extend all the way down but not starting from the second floor. Hotel has the service man helping to carry the luggage up stair though

Hotel in best & safe location with nice & informative staff, very good breaksfast and specially very good and fresh fruit

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Very central with an intimate feel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Walking up the first set of stairs after a long day of sightseeing was sometimes a personal challenge.

The breakfast was slightly different every day, the staff were very friendly, the location is superb, and the bed was extremely comfortable.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

One of the high points for our trip to Florence
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

This is so small and not that important but the WIFI was a little weak and came in and out.

I do not normally gush about a hotel but Room Mate Isabella was just wonderful. First and foremost the location cannot be beat. As soon as you step out the front door you are right in the thick of things in Florence--shops, cafes, restaurants, and breathtaking scenery. It was also a very short walk to the train station. Some might consider the room to be small but my husband and I fit just fine. The bathroom was very roomy and the bed was very comfortable. Included with your stay is a complimentary breakfast buffet. The breakfast was fantastic. Excellent coffee, breakfast meets, and a wide variety of baked goods. I will give a special shout out to the croissants and the little donuts--they were so fresh and just hit the spot in the morning. Also they had mini packs of Nutella which took the croissants to a whole new level of amazing. The staff was polite, helpful, and totally unobtrusive. One final note, the price was also just great. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a hotel in Florence and if I ever travel to Florence again I will absolutely being staying there again!

Small but beautiful
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Being new to the city we wanted more help with restaurant reservation but they didn't meet my expectations. I'm not saying that they were poor but I thought they could have done a better job and they could have asked how my experience was as a future reference

Excellent location and coziness of hotel. Breakfast was good but not excessive

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

High fashion and foodie heaven within steps in wonderful neighborhood in Florence's center.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The 29 steps from the street level to the lift can be a little off putting with luggage, but worth the effort!

Wonderful location with great shopping and fantastic restaurants within minutes. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

A nice place with good location but has issues with elevator not travelling to all floors.

We are in our 70's and we're very disappointed that the elevator did not travel to ground level. We had to walk many stairs just to get to the elevator then another set of stairs to get to our room from the 3rd floor where the elevator stops. My wife has difficulty climbing stairs so that was a major problem. People booking in the future should be advised of this problem.

Friendly and helpful staff and great location

Great location and delightful staff

The bed was uncomfortable and the pillows too big There's no bar

The staff are delightful The breakfast is excellent The location is very central

The perfect location to see Beautiful Florence
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room became very stuffy at night. I asked the staff if they could fix the air conditioning but was informed that they don't actually switch the units on until May! I was however offered a fan for the room which helped. The pillows were so thick and hard that both my wife and I couldn't use them as they gave you neck ache. After two nights, I asked whether they had any alternative pillows, such as feather etc. I was given smaller pillows and although they were still tough, they were better so ask if they are a problem for you. Being extra critical, I would change a few small bits in the room, such as finishes to interior and the large tv place in the corner that looks a little ugly and out of place given the rooms design but overall the rooms were nice & very clean. This hotel may prove difficult for anyone with poor mobility as you have to climb up two flights of stairs before reaching the lift that takes you to reception or your room. The lift is typically European in that it is very small and narrow and so my wife chose to do the stairs each day, which apparently was good for the legs! ;) Overall, it was our first trip to Florence but definitely will not be our last. We fell in love with the place and the location of the hotel allowed to experience all that we wanted very easily. We would stay again.

The location was perfect. The staff were friendly and the man in the breakfast bar was excellent. A helpful smiley face in the morning. The breakfast was good and was accompanied each morning with by great soundtrack. The communal areas were well looked after, the breakfast area flooded with light from the large windows looking out over the beautiful buildings and designer shops. The lounge was sumptuous and relaxing. An added bonus was that we stayed on Easter weekend and so had a great view of the parade as it passed by the hotel on its way to the Cathedral.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

Absolutely wonderful hotel!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Absolutely wonderful hotel! Central location, walking distance from the train station and all attractions. Nicely decorated cozy room. Good shampoo etc. in a bathroom; electric kettle in the room.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Staff were lovely.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I was given an adjoining room and unfortunately it felt like the other person was also in my room. It was very noisy. The buzzers to get you into your room were very loud so you could hear all the other guests entering back to their rooms which again was very noisy and woke you very easily.

Staff were lovely.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

bed was comfortable, well located, walking distances to main...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

steps up to first floor, they have someone to help but i feel bad for whoever had to lug the big luggages up. variety offered for breakfast seems to be more limited now.

bed was comfortable, well located, walking distances to main sights and shops. Staff were very friendly.

Browse Room Mate Isabella traveller photo gallery