Reviews of Hotel Alcyone 3 stars

Calle Dei Fabbri 4712, San Marco, 30124 Venice, Italy

#277 of 301 hotels in Venice

4.5

Actually Nothing.

Bathroom was chocking, informed the hotel staff immediately after check in they promised some one will come up at 8 pm to fix, no one turned up , we could not take bath as the water was spilling all over and could have went till carpet in the room. With such a high cost of stay and stars the hotel does not have any such facilities. Very poor Break Fast. Limited options, almost nothing , No WIFI in the room , only in Lobby that is also not good , does not come till breakfast table as well,

Actually Nothing..

Small but fair

Room was very, very small, but can imagine that's all on offer in Venice. Bathroom had small mould patches, and only 1 pillow each on the double bed. Wifi was only available downstairs in the lobby and even then connection was weak.

Included breakfast was great, staff spoke English and were easy to understand. Great location near Rialto water stop and close to most attractions. Good value for money overall.

I would class this hotel as traditional and very Venetian.

Staff were not very helpful but were young and English not very good. No lifts Rooms were small but we didn’t mind as good location.

The hotel location is excellent. 2 minutes from the Rialto water bus stop and 5 minutes from St. Marks square. Very quaint hotel. Room 203 was very quaint as it had steps out the window to a balcony, sadly no view thou.

When we arrived the reception staff were unpleasant, too busy watching TV. We were 3 flights of stairs up and had lots of luggage. They sat back down in front of the TV with no offer to help or show us where our room was. No lift. We had a problem with the door when leaving in the morning and again his assistance seemed above his pay grade. Thankfully the rest of the staff were nice.

Perfect location especially if you have lots of luggage. 4 minute walk from Rialto Bridge water bus stop. Venice was amazing, easy to get around, lots of walking.

Location was good a 10 min walk from the Rialto water bus...

Only criticism was that the safe was not bolted down.

Location was good a 10 min walk from the Rialto water bus and about the same to St Marks square. Decor is interesting utilising material wall covering and glass chandelier. Elsewhere was covered in marble.

Room and location

Room a bit small, tiny shower cubicle and Wifi only available in the reception; no lift

Well located, friendly and helpful staff, seeing gondolas pass the window at breakfast; a nice compliment to the food on offer

Fantastic

This Hotel is very well situated around a 3 to 5 min walk from St Mark's square an around 2 to 3 min walk from the Rialto Bridge, there break is spot on an it will get you going for the day very highly recommend this place.

Not recommended if u r expecting a comfortable stay.

The room was too small for two person. However in photographs on the site it was shown to be too big. Hardly any space to move. Even bathroom was very very small. In addition, during our booking we have specifically mentioned for the the free wifi in the hotel, however it was only available at the reception and that too the wifi speed was very poor. Not recommended due to poor service.

The location was near to the boat taxi point. So it was easy to commute anywhere in Venice easily.

We had a great time and everyone was pleasant.

The air conditioning was aimed in one area and not for the whole room. The bathroom was really small and cramped but it had everything we needed.

We liked that the room had a view of one of the canals where the gondolas traveled. The location was also excellent for shops and restaurants.

Very average and won’t be staying there again.

Very uncolfortable bed, no wifi in the room, only in the lobby. Breakfast selection was minimal and staff prepared meats by hand (not very Huygenic). No elevator.

Staff were friendly and helpful.

Location made up for short falls

The room was dark, bathroom extremely compact (I understand Venice is a small historically place, so space is an issue), the staff weren't overly friendly.

Location was fantastic

Bad, shoebox room

Bedroom massive small, barely had space to open a small suitecase. Bathroom with cables out, mould, a hole on the bathroom door, broken shower hose.

Our room was small (to be expected) and it seemed like the AC only kicked on at about 10pm at night and got really cold. The staff at the front table weren’t the most helpful. The guy checking us out at 5am had never done it before so that was a cluster.

Great location. Right between the Rialto Bridge and San Marco square.

I was convenient to bus station using water bus

The room was far too small for a double bed and I could hard move around. The breakfast was just ok.

Location was good and staff were very very nice and helpful

Enjoyable

No elevator but ok on 2nd floor. Bed was not up to par needs to be replaced. Large framed mirror should be taken out it was to tight to get in and out of bed

Location and clean

If it is a hotel, toilet in my summer house is Buckingem Palace. Worst stay in 30 years.

Everything. The food is disgusting. The lady serving breakfast very rude and unfriendly. Tables are unclean. A broken chair in the tiny room replaced in 28 h.

All in all we were happy with our stay and would be happy to return and relive our Venice experience

We were disappointed in the breakfast Think it could of offered more choices with bacon n eggs and fresh tomatoes my husband said!😆

We couldn’t fault the position it was perfect Staff were kind enough to look after our cases after checkout because we had a late flight.

Disappointing but in Venice you dont stay in your room for long!

Cramped room, too many stairs, ok if your in your trentys. Cracked loo, very tight space in bathroom. Breakfast room too small for number of bedrooms, may have to queue for breakfast.

Central location

Loved Venice, would definitely not stay at the Alcyone hotel again.

The hotel !!! The rooms were small, the beds and pillows were hard. The decor in the rooms was bizarre to say the least, padded material on the walls, who in their right mind thought that one up. Everything in the room was dark red, making the poor lighting even worse. Watch out if you use the toilet for guests on the first floor, the lock sticks. I had to phone my son to help open it. He got the receptionist to help, when they finally got the door opened she walked off , no apology to me whatsoever. The continental breakfast was rather tasteless, obviously the cheapest cheese and cold meats were used.

The location, easy accessibility to the main attractions in Venice.

We enjoyed the position. Our experience due to the check in soured the first day completely!!

Check in was deplorable. (Free!)Wi Fi only available in a small area downstairs, not even in the breakfast area. Stairs!

Breakfast, Position and cleanliness

No wifi. They claim to have it in the lobby but it's so slow it might as well not exist. No wifi at in the rooms. No elevator, but it's only a max of 3 floors up so not so bad

Location Breakfast included (decent)

Only the location of the hotel was good.

Breakfast was not up to mark hotel had no lift and there was no bell service

Only the location of the hotel was good. No wifi available in the room. The room was smelling so bad we asked the staff to change the room and instead of helping she made note of the complaint

Frustrating

The room looks a lot better in the net that what actually is. The lack of staff to assist you to get to the place. Nobody to assist with the luggage on arrival

Location Brilliant, Room Small

I found the room we were given, was very small. When I say small there was about 30cms at the end of the bed to pass through to get to the other side of the bed which had a built in wardrobe half way down the side so you had to climb in the bed. I feel that the pictures online did not show how small some of the rooms are so was very disappointed on arrival. Also, the breakfast was very basic. I feel that the cost of breakfast did not meet the amount that is paid for it.

I loved the location! I feel like the amount you pay for the hotel is based on its location as it is perfect, and not for the actual facilities! It is literally a 4-5 minute walk to San Marcs Square and a 2 minute walk in the opposite direction to the Rialto Bridge.

Loved the location wouldn't use hotel again.

The bathroom was very outdated and the shower leaked, so badly it flooded the floor twice. The floor was consequently very slippery, which was hazardous. After the first night the staff hadn't even cleaned up the flood, nor the towels that had been used to mop up the flood. The room was very small, and there was barely any storage space, and the chair provided couldn't be sat on, as it was totally wobbly. While the location was ideal, the hotel was totally over priced for its standard. It should be two stars not three.

The location was great.

Overpriced but well located

Room a bit small, tiny shower cubicle, shower door fell off on me, cracked wall tiles, toilet seat moving around, loose headboard, broken chandelier, Wifi only available in the reception, no safe in room despite safe deposit box listed in description. Price of equivalent stay also reduced by £50 per night on booking.com day prior to our visit but reservation was prepaid so no way to access lower price. Knowing about the discount made the hotel feel overpriced and paying less in the first place would've made the above less of an issue. No idea if either price was competitive for the size of the room as it was the first time staying in Venice. Wouldn't stay here again for £150 a night in a room of this condition.

Well located, friendly and helpful staff, seeing gondolas pass the window at breakfast a bit odd at first but a nice compliment to the food on offer

Good for a short time stay

bed sheets were dirty and make sure your remove fancy bed cover and see whether if its a twin or double(in case if you requested a double bed).bad smell in water and towels provided.no early checkin

Location was superb.Good breakfast provided.Receptionists helped us on sightseeings.

Hidden Paradise in the Center of Venice

Vegetables were missing from the breakfast.

The suit was amazing!kingsize bed, old furnitures, fresco on the ceiling, big terrace with a view to the canal. We asked one more twin bed to the room for our friends, and the receptionist (Rocco) solved our wishes. ohhh.... and the garden is beautiful with the palm trees!

Great location.. Rooms to small, air con useless, catering staff grumpy!

Rooms are very tiny, and very noisy as you had to have the window open as air conditioning was useless. Not suitable for any large people or people over 5ft 11.. couldn't both walk round room together you had to wait until the other person got to one side and then you could move. Cramped!

Good location ... girls on reception really helpful

A daylight robbery. Don’t waste your money!

I felt cheated right from the moment I stepped in. This should be rated 2 stars at the most. I felt claustrophobic in that small stuffy room which was sold to me as a double but I can guarantee that there was no room for two ppl to stay there. The shower was small and water was so slow and weak that it took me 10 mins just to rinse me hair. I couldn’t sleep as the room was too hot and it gave me a headache. I tried to adjust the temperature but the thermostat wasn’t working. TV wasn’t working. I had to open the window to breathe ecause I felt like I had no air in that room but that meant that I had all the noises from whatever machinery was on all night (and we were on the 3rd floor) The mini wardrobe was broken, and so were the bidet and shower tap, they looked horrible. The bed was a queen size not a double and the mattress was old and saggy in the middle. The nice fish tank and the trendy sofa which you see in the pictures of the hotel website do not exist! Or better the massive tank is there but it’s empty and totally dark you cannot see what’s inside ( as per my picture) the sofas are covered by horrible white sheets, (as per my picture) not sure why!?!? Wi-fi only works right where the horrible sofas are, nowhere else. After I complained I was given an upgraded room for my last night which was the minimum I’d expected. The first receptionist I had to deal with was very nice and apologetic and she changed our room but the receptionist I had to deal with when I was about to pay my bill was so rude and unprofessional, a real let down. There are many other nice 4 star hotels on the same street which if booked last minute will cost you as much as this horrendous place. Luckily I am Italian and I can come back to Venice again if I wish but if I was coming from far away on a once in a lifetime holiday, these would have totally ruined my experience in Venice.

Nothing at all

Good location, man on night duty very friendly and helpful,...

Our room was tiny, for a double room my husband and I couldn’t even walk around the room. The door wouldn’t even open fully as it hit off the bed, a potential safety hazard. The pictures are so deceiving. The chair in the room was broken, the safe wouldn’t work, the window shutter was so unsafe I was fearful to touch it that it would fall off the wall, the light above the bed attached to the mirror was not secure and dangerous coming away from the wall. Many of the fixtures and fitting are broken or insecure for example let alone the dangerous light fitting, the bathroom door handle was held on by 1 screw not fully intact. The shower hose is a drift not connected to the wall hanging off. The bed was very hard and uncomfortable two sleepless nights. The bathroom had mould in between the tiles and cracked tiles. As I had a shower the shower basin filled up nearly causing flooding to which I had to stop the shower running to let the water run through and then continue my shower. There was no WiFi only able to connect in the lounge area which is a sofa and the connection was very weak. The lovely aquarium has no fish in it and no lights on. The satellite tv as it states has only 6 channels 4 of which are news channels. The breakfast was a tray of ham, cheese, about 10 slices of each fruit and cakes. They had bread rolls and some spreads. Nothing special no hot breakfast not even a toaster. Woman at the desk was very rude and not helpful whatsoever. My husband and I travel around many places and this hotel is by far the worst place we have stayed not worth the money at all very expensive for somewhere to just lay your head down as there is nothing else appealing in this place. This place needs a major renovation.

Good location, man on night duty very friendly and helpful, no one else was.

Nice place in a good price. I would recommend.

Very small room and extremely incommodious bathroom. Not really new place but rather clean (every day new towels, bed made, rubbish taken out). One thing - towels smell like a vinegar just a ittle bit which is not really nice to be honest.

Perfect localization (just a few minutes walk from the water bus stop and St. Mark square and also lots of shops, bars, restaurants in the nearest area). Delicious breakfast (small wheat rolls, coruscants, jams, cornflakes, cheese, salami, fruits, yogurts) - sufficient choice like for a few days stay. In general I can reccomend this hotel.

Decent hotel

The bedroom was dark and cafe facilities were limited to the morning. No WiFi in rooms only in lobby and a lot of the staff couldn’t speak English

Hotel slightly tired but for a 3-night stay, acceptable and convenient.

TV in room didn't work. Some wardrobe decor had tacks sticking out to catch clothing. Shower nearly flooded bathroom as water didn't run away.

Very comfortable bed and pillow. Excellent breakfast though poor coffee. (The one woman running the breakfast area, washing up etc, was amazing, nicest staff member of all. She deserves a gold medal!). Central for exploring.

Great base for a Venice trip

Room was small and felt even smaller as very patterned walls curtains and bedding.

Very central and convenient location. Excellent breakfast- fresh fruit, meats cheese bread and pastries. Very clean room and bathroom

No WiFi in rooms, smell of smoke in room, noise from street all night, finish to rooms of a very poor standard. Not worth over £100 a night no way more like £50 a night.

The location was good.

Read the Tripadvisor reviews as they give a more accurate description of the property. We rejected the first two rooms and settled for the last. It was very poor. Room was generally stained, very very smelly, furniture chipped and marked. We slept under sheets only as the blanket and bed cover were dodgey looking. We ended up with towels on top for warmth rather than risk anything else. The worst of it all was the smell from the bathroom which although clean made us retch. We kept the door closed at all times. The walls are fabric which held all the smells which was not pleasant at all! The windows opened onto hundreds of cigarette butts on a roof below. The light fitting had no shade, loose wires from the walls and the air conditioning unit was too noises and dirty to use. Breakfast was ok but a very helpful but stressed waitress was left to prepare food, wash up, clear tables etc. I felt sorry for her but she was the highlight of our stay bless her. She smiled, tried incredibly hard and got through an enormous amount of work. All in all I have to say apart from the staff, it was terrible. I would not recommend and would not return. I forgot the hole in the door!

The location was good.

I probably wouldn't stay again but if you are on a budget then it is absolutely fine.

The bed was fine but the room had paint falling off the ceiling and huge damp patches. The shower head was completely broken and flooded the bathroom every time we used it. The bedroom was absolutely tiny but what can you expect for these prices. The breakfast was ok.

The location is second to none.

Reasonably priced. Central and ideal for sightseeing

Room safe did not work and despite reporting it the safe was not fixed across the duration of our stay. Some disappointment that drinks or snacks were never on offer

Location and 24hr opening pleasant staff

the staff were very friendly and helpful,and You are right...

no english language TV channels in my room....but then,you are in Venice...who needs TV? :D

the staff were very friendly and helpful,and You are right in the heart of Venice! It's a fantastic little hotel,and I would recommend it to anyone!

Cheap and good breaky included. Pleasant room but needed to open window, then got really cold!!

Staff quite terse when I came a little early. Told to go away for half hour or please even more! Was cold out!! No foyer or anywhere to rest. I had walked hour to get there already - through uncaring pushy crowds. Felt something lacking in customer service & care. Felt I was in their way. Didn't feel special.....

Save your money and walk a few steps - AVOID!!

We had a mediocre to non-existent greeting when we arrived and our room was so small our bodies bumped the wall. I have stayed in Venice before and the rooms are small but not this small and our bathroom door was broken (handle came off every time you opened it) and our shower had ABSOLUTELY no door to it at all and the spray hose handle leaked water onto the already cracked tile in the teeny,tiny bathroom. Our breakfast was mediocre at best with a few meats and cheeses, but our bedroom was over what smelled like a toxic bakery. The nauseous smells began at 5 a.m. wafting into our room :( Possibly the worst coffee anywhere. Coffee - Italy?? Was so bizarre. While we were eating breakfast one morning a crack appeared in the ceiling and water dripped on the floor making the attendant slip as she was trying to work. My advice is to hire a proficient engineer to look at all the defects (including the non-lit hallways) which has to be a safety violation and close the shop for a few months to expand the rooms, charge more bc of your location and train your staff to be like Venetians. Warm, friendly and helpful.

The only thing going for Hotel Alycone was there location.

Almost satisfactorily, but breakfast and the attitude of some employees were deplorable !

The hostile and unattractive attitude of some employees, the unsatisfactory breakfast, the greedy room smell, the view from the room.

Venetian-style rooms, very small center distance, dining room overlooking the canal, transportation nearby.

All staff very friendly, helpful and lovely nature.

As our room was the first on the first floor of the stairs you could hear people talking early in the morning however I love to hear them.

All staff very friendly, helpful and lovely nature. My partner and myself were very impressed with the hotel style and the room was very beautiful. thank you hotelxx

good value for the money

towels smelled like vinegar, not enough shower gel, paper walls, noise from neighbours, offered restaurant was overprised, shower is too small

fresh baker's ware, top location, price, breakfast,

Nice breakfast with good coffee.

We were a bit sick, so a water heater would have been good, to take the medicines.

Nice breakfast with good coffee. The hotel room was like an old Venezian styled room, it looked very cool. Felt like an easy going baron :) The room was rather small, but it is expected in the centre of Venezia.

Would not go back

Covers to the bed were so thin we nearly froze and the heating would not work that well. Also the bed was made up of 2 beds and every time we lay down to sleep they would separate and one of us would fall down.

Breakfast was ok just not much variety. The way the hotel was decorated was good and lastly was easy to get to.

Excellent location

We reached around 10 p.m by boat and when we got off near the Rialto Bridge, we did not have any clue as to how to reach the hotel. And nobody around seemed to know as well. One suggestion is to have an access map - would really help.

Excellent location - easy access to public transport, restaurants, shopping & St Marks Square

Good price, good location, lovely city!

The room was not soundproof as advertised, and you could hear people in other rooms. There was no Do Not Disturb sign, and we were still in the room when the cleaner came in. The ceiling in the bathroom was very low.

Comfortable room with wifi access in our room. Great location.

Beautiful but no wi-fi

There is no WiFi in the room. Even tho the room has been described with wifi, in reality the connection just work in the hall downstairs which is really, really uncomfortable in 2017! Also the wifi, when connected, is the slowest thing ever. For such an hotel they could do better.

Beautiful hotel near the St Mark Square. Arrived to Venice with the ATVO bus and the walked to the hotel. The room was beautiful and totally worth the price we paid (22£ each for one night). Buffet breakfast included in the price, variety of food and was delicious - the dining room is located near a big window where you can see boats passing through the canals.

The location of the hotel was GREAT as it was central to...

The bathrooms were so small; you can't sit on the toilet without having to sit on an angle (for an average sized person) or have your knees hit the wall. The carpets and rooms felt really dirty and dated. It looked as if there was black mold growing in the corner of our carpet. We arrived late and went to get take out but wanted a place to sit and eat. We were trying to sit in the main waiting area or breakfast area to eat as we did not want to eat in our already tiny bedroom and the night concierge was rude and kicked us out, making us go to our rooms to eat. The TVs had no sound no matter what you tried to do to fix it.

The location of the hotel was GREAT as it was central to EVERYTHING.

Venetian Hotel in all its glory. i

The beds were much harder than I'd have expected.

It was in a really nice location with pretty direct access to the Rialto vaporetto stop (not so you'd know it from our inability to find it on the first night, but that was user error on our part). The breakfast was good, and it was better once I realized they'd make an actual espresso for me rather than drink the machine coffee. The bathroom was good in our room, everything was in decent repair and clean.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

The room was small, we were 3 and we have like 6 bags but we...

They don't have an elevator but you should know that because it says it when you are booking it, there is not like an actual lobby it is a hall with a desk. Our bathroom window will look out to other hotels, so the smell to cigarettes was really strong from the other people in the other hotels, I asked for a change of room and they said yes but for the next day. She also told me to open the window so the smell can go out, we did and after that it was fine so we just stayed in the same room.

The room was small, we were 3 and we have like 6 bags but we fit. Everything was clean. The bathroom was big and clean too. Everytime people will come and clean the room we were there, but they will give us new towels etc, they were really nice. Breakfast was really good and all the people in the front desk were nice and helpful. They location is great too. While you are seating eating breakfast you can see gondolas coming through.

Horrendous and embarrassing.

Terrible "hotel" Absolutely tiny room with a bathroom that resembled a storage cupboard. You couldn't sit down on the toilet it was so small. The double bed was two DIFFERENT SIZED single beds pushed togethe. One was higher than the other! The pillows were awful - so lumpy! There were piled of sacks of an unknown material lying outside out doorway. The cleaner through out our newly bought toothbrushes and toothpaste so we had to go out at 11 at night and buy others! The coffee was the worst coffee I have ever had! The check-in desk was like an old school desk surrounded by tat. Overall, absolutely terrible value for money and a terrible terrible hotel. You SHOULD NOT advertise this hotel.

Leaving the hotel.

Could do better!

Breakfast staff to calm down and NOT rush people. No place to put soap etc in shower cubicle. Warmer cover required on bed. No light over sink in bathroom.

Breakfast was good, but rushed by overzealous member of staff!

Location was great and the staff were friendly
    • Superior Double Room with Canal View

Facilities weren’t great and breakfast was limited. Our room had a really musty smell and the noise from rooms above kept us awake from a chandelier on the ceiling. Also internet only available in one area of the hotel! Canal view meant opening a double window and hanging over the ledge to see the canal below.

Location was great and the staff were friendly

An easy and enjoyable experience.

Lack of WiFi coverage. It was the only let-down. Available in the lounge area but if that’s not your scene then you’re out of luck.

Friendly and helpful staff. Very clean and tidy at all times. The breakfast was perfect for the long day of sightseeing ahead. The location was superb and we could see gondolas going by. We were treated to the sound of a local opera singer performing on a bridge along the canal.

Less than expected

There was no Wifi signal at all in the room and we were told that downstairs the Wifi was good, however, even in the restaurant downstairs there was no signal. The room TV was very small and very far from the bed, we could bearly see anything. The breakfast was less than expected with no eggs and the butter tasted strange.

The room was spacious with a sofa. The bed was somehow OK, although needed newer blankets.

Was a great little hotel and I would stay again.

That there was no eggs.

The staff were friendly especially the young lady who did breakfast. The breakfast was good the only thing needed was eggs but otherwise it was ample. The room was spacious and comfortable and the beds were comfortable and made every day and the towels were changed also. The breakfast area was comfortable and had a great view to the canal where gondolas frequently passed and was fun waving to each other as they went by.

Recommended

It seems there is no hot water late at night.

Helpful staff standing by 24hr, nice location (just need to know how to come here with boat), warm and cozy room

Hotel was convenient and provided adequate accommodation.

No bellboy to carry suitcases up stairs and the beds were hard.

Continental Breakfast was tasty, croissants excellent. Beds very hard. Climbing stairs with suitcases was extremely hard. No bellboy available.

Clean and friendly hotel in excellent location serving an adequate continental breakfast

Room was very small however we only intended to sleep in it and was perfectly adequate for that purpose. If you want somewhere romantic and expect to spend time in the room then pay extra for a more spacious room

Excellent location friendly helpful staff

God value for money, great location and friendly staff.

The bed and pillows were extremely uncomfortable. We didn't manage to get a full night's sleep on either of our 4 nights there.

God value for money, great location and friendly staff.

Don't stay if have large suitcase or not fit to carry up long skinny steep stairwell

Small narrow staircase no good with a 30kg suitcase and no lift option or even staff assistance.My suitcase is now broken deffinatly pay more go for a 4 star in Venice. You could not even sit on toilet as lid wouldn't stay up and than try navigating a shower .Rooms just too load and too small not appropriate for travellers in the 21st century better suited as a back packers for under 30. Definitely not for those over 60 who seek modern day comfort. No tea making facilities not even a cup or tissues

Good value if you don't need fast internet in your room

No internet in the rooms. You have to go down to the ground floor, and it s not very fast even then

Clean rooms, very quiet. Good breakfast. Great location (you're a couple hundred yards from Piazza San Marco one way, and the same from the Rialto the other)

Poor quality hotel in the central Venice area

Breakfast every morning same basic, nothing extra, very poor. The hotel, absulutly zero! Very small room a nd bathroom. Dirty walls,furnitures. In the bathroom moldy wall and ceiling. Old, dirty paint, bathroom door broked. Cabinet door hinges broked, many wood furnitures broked. Wall lights live cabel just outside in the wall, near the bed area. Internet dont work in the rooms (1-2-3 floor) only in the groundfloor. I remember same time around 15 guest used the wifi internet in the lobby. Etc..more problems... I payd £151/2 nighs/1person (early book genius booker)

Central area, near the St Mark Square. Hotel staff very helpfull and friendly. This hotel good for 1 or max 2 night stay in Venice, but not more!

Excellent value and location for a stay in Venice

Roof terrace unsuitable for use requires renovation

Great location and friendly staff.A little gem.Close to St Marks Square and the Rialto bridge great to return to at the end of a days walking around the city.Good value for money.

Good location and Nice Breakfast

Toilet was bit small

Breakfast was nice. Unfortunately we forgot to take our USB power bank . Forgot in the room . And was came to know when we reached Florence. But it is our mistake. 😂😂😂

The view during breakfasts is so great.

The value you pay for the room is rather high for the room you get. But in the end you're in the center of Venice close to San Marco and Rialto, so it's worth to stay a short period here!

The view during breakfasts is so great. All the gondolas are passing in front of the big window!

Excellent location but limited facilities.

Poor facilities in room. Wardrobe mirror cracked, dent in bathroom door, no tea and coffee making facilities, no iron, access to wifi couldn't be reached, no lift. Limited selection for breakfast.

Excellent location, easy access to main tourist attractions. Grand decor in room, very Venetian! Staff helpful and friendly. Hairdryer in room.

Book somewhere else in same street.

Rooms differ from hotel photos. Super small rooms. Wardrobe with protruding nails supposed to hold a big wardrobe door mirror. A/c stuffy and very dirty. Chair and drawer broken. Wifi in lobby only. No lift and steep narrow stairs.

Location was good.

The room was much smaller than what was written in booking. The toilet was too narrow with a broken door. Breakfast not so good. Not worth for the money.

Location was good. Staff was helpful

Cosy stay in Venice

The bathroom though new and sparkling is very smelly. The kind of sea water smell that rises up from the sewer system. You cannot leave the bathroom door open otherwise the whole room will become smelly as well. Maybe some valves in the piping could help.

The rooms are well designed and upholstered in a way that you cannot hear what is going on in the next room or corridors.

Good basic hotel in the heart of the city.

Only cold choices for breakfast, not even toast. No fresh coffee. Wifi only available next to reception desk.

Excellent location mid way between Rialto and Mark's Square.

Well positioned good value hotel

Would have been nice to have a lift if you are on the top floor and less mobile

Good value for money no frills hotel in an excellent position to visit all of the main sites in Venice. Very friendly and helpful staff.

Browse Hotel Alcyone traveller photo gallery