Reviews of Hotel Ambasciatori 4 stars

Corso Del Popolo 221, 30172 Mestre, Italy

#47 of 58 hotels in Mestre

5.5

On Sunday (was there for leisure) early in the morning, starting from 8.00am and going on until I left my room at 10.30, hotel personnel shouting and screaming (instead of a normal talking which woukd’ve been fairly tollerated) in the corridor while cleaning the rooms woke (and kept) me and my partner up, this is not the comfort you expect when selecting a 4stars hotel. Except for this the stay was ok!

Nice and effective receptionists, clean room, handy location.

Location is excelent to go to Venice by bus at any time (stop is in same block as hotel) but I must mention that is not the same regarding train that during daytime is ok but you should avoid it during late night hours as the area is really shaddy and it feels super unsafe. Room was spacious and nice.

Poor breakfast with few variety Room was small for triple ppl The receptionist answered a phone call from prepared vehicle to transport me to airport saying that ( we don’t have this name at our hotel ) making the vehicle left with no time to arrange another one that was horrible to me and it let me run so fast to catch my flight which I was about to miss my it

Quiet room Location

We checked in at midnight, after a long journey, and the receptionist wanted us to pay the daily tourist tax there and then. We asked if it was possible to pay it in the morning at check out (we wanted to go to bed, but we were told it was better to pay it straight away (better for who? - not for us).

Quite close to the train station (10 minutes walk).

Seemed a lot better in the photos. Staff refused a second key

Location was great, bus right outside of hotel went straight to Venice for only €3 round trip

In general old hotel that needs urgently to be renovated. As an example handrails of stairs are broken etc. Hygiene is not fantastic; we even found ants in our room on the 7 th floor. Breakfast is poor with not a lot of variation. All together for sure not 4 stars hotel.

People are very friendly and helpfull

The staff were not very friendly or helpful. Breakfast wasn't very good considering it is advertised as 'American buffet'. We couldn't find the gym, staff instruction was 'over there' and all we could find were offices.

The rooms were tiny and the shower head wasn't working and water went from extremely hot to cold ! There was also ant in the room and we stayed on the third floor

The beds were comfortable and had a nice location with bus outside going to venice

Bathroom, especially the shower was smaller, which could be an issue for some people, we did not mind.

Good location if you want to discover Venice (bus stop for public transportations just next to the hotel, train station in walking distance - about 10min.), standard quality of services with very nice staff.

very small and noisy room , no airco , no or poor internet . no info or brochure about Venice , nothing in the minibar

it was ok , the bed was ok. good parkingpalace just in fromt of the hotel -busstop to venice in front of the hotel . supermarket right next to the hotel . clean anf friendly staff

Having to log in to free wifi using Facebook and logging in after every hour. Bathing supplies were used before our arrival (body lotion, shampoo) .We had bathing suits contained in our reservation but we never got it.

Hotel is close to the bus station for Venice what was great. The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

No computer to print off boarding passes in the hotel.

Very modern and clean hotel with great amenities- the only issue was that there is no computer for you to use to print off your boarding passes. We had to go next door to the Hotel Delfino in order to print them off and had problems with the computer. The staff were excellent and the bus to Venice is just opposite the hotel, you can buy the tickets from reception 3 euros each for a return journey, the bus takes around 15 minutes.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Wifi needs to connect via facebook. I've blocked my facebook by trying to login. Second device blocked this connection as unsecure. At the reception I was told that iron is on the fourth floor. The cleaner on the fourth floor was talking only Italian and said go to the reception...

Good place at the city

Not worth the money we paid at all. We wanted to spend a little more on our last night in Italy to have a bit more "luxury" (it looked and sounded quite nice online) and a nice buffet breakfast...this was actually our least favourite place of the 5 cheaper hotels/b&b's we stayed in. The room wasn't too badly out of date but the bathroom was (not like pics shown) and definitely the smallest shower I've ever been in! A "buffet" breakfast was €30! It was a continental breakfast (cereal, yogurt, croissant, juice, fruit, etc.) but with the extra bacon and scrambled eggs - rather disappointing and definitely not worth €15 per person. FYI, if you need to leave your luggage before checkin, it's not tagged and it's unsecuritized (in a luggage room but door was left open, my partner walked past the front desk and into the room to take luggage and he was not questioned at all). No wifi password given. My partner found a link on the website but was limited to 1 hour use. Bar fridge in room was not cold at all so we got to enjoy warm beer! I would likely not stay here again. I wouldn't spend more than €70 for a night as it's not worth more than that. You can get much nicer B&B's for the same cost and same location.

Bedroom was pretty spacious, nice duvet and comfy bed were about all that I liked In ou room! Most staff were pleasant to deal with. It's within a 10 minute walk from the Mestre train station.

No Free Wifi , you have to pay for the Wifi even when you are paying you will be able to use one device only! I think they should mention this in the policies. Also I did not liked to change the hotel even though it did not affect my staying but I think this should be explained to the costumer prior to his arrival. ئینتەرنێت بە خۆڕایی نییە ، وێڕای پارەدانیش تەنها یەک کەس دەتوانێت بەکاریبهێنێت واتە ئەگەر دووکەس بن تەنها یەکێکیان دەتوانێت بەکاریبهێنێت

First of all I have to explain that my review is related to Delfino Hotel not Hotel Ambasciatori as I've stayed at Delfino even though I've booked Hotel Ambasciatori ! any how not much difference they are both managed by the same owner and with the same level and next to each other. The location is perfect , many Cafes Rests , Supermarket are around , also it is 10 minutes walking to the train station, the bust station is just in front of the hotel, you can easily reach Venice from the Hotel. شوێنێکی گونجاوە ، نزیە لە ویستگەی شەمەندەفەرەوە ، زۆر بە ئاسانی دەگەیتە ڤینیس لە ڕێگەی پاسەوە ، ئوتێلەکەش بە گشتی خاوێنە

I didn't like the noise of the hotel. Another hosts didn't respect somebody´s privacy, everything we heard threw walls, cleaners too noisy in the morning. The stuff at the reception not always willing to help.

The bed was ok, goog sleep, comfy. Very goog location, the bus stop infront the hotel and direct bus to Venice. (no more than 30min)

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

I made a reservation almost at 2~3:00 pm, and found the hotel. And no issue on booking with the confitmation message. When I and my family arrived at the hotel, the desk said that no rooms were available because mine was the last minunite booking. We were sent to the next hotel, Defino, carrying all the bags. The hotel reception guy said that it's the same hotel group. Defino is good but, it was not the hotel I expected. BThe hotel should take care of booking status.

The location is easy to take bus to Venice. The super market is next door.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

The bathroom needs big improvements. The shower cabin doors were not closing properly and almost felt inside the cabin on some occasions. Also the cabin was very small. The shower head was in bad shape. The ceiling was also damaged. You could see pipes and cables through it. It is hilarious that in 2017, a IV star hotel doesn't offer free WI-FI for it's customers. The option they offer for "free WI-FI if you login with Facebook" is a joke - what if you don't have a Facebook account or you don't wan't to give away your info for a poor internet connection that all the guests in the hotel is using? - the other one is 3Euro/night/device - it's quality is fair - works well after 23:00 - you won't get a receipt for it. Don't be upset if you missed breakfast. Not a big loss. 10 Euro/night - parking

Good positioning.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Room was without breakfast, but according to my experience, I was expecting that the 4 stars hotels offering breakfast. I visited this hotel 15 years ago, but no comparison what it is now . That time was a very friendly stuff, but not anymore. No ironing available, ( if someone stay just one night, no time for laundry service) The mini bar was absolutely empty not even drinking water was available. AC does not working. No water heater for making coffee or tea.

The location only, close to bus station, and the city center.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

There are 2 options of Wifi - one is premium, for an addition cost and the other is free, however, you must login with your facebook account and it is for one hour only. Then, it disconnects and you need to manually login again. So there is no real free internet...

The location is very good with a direct bus to venice. The breakfast is also good.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

• Family Room (4 Adults)

I didn't like the fact that you have to log into the WiFi every hour or sometimes more. And they ask you to log into your FB account to post...ridiculous! On top of that, the WiFi was unstable and very slow. For me WiFi is necessary because I don't live here so I can do research on where to go and where to eat. Also, there was a sign for free lunch but when we got to the restaurant inside the hotel it was like 11,90. So unclear! The walls in the hotel is so thin that you can hear your neighbors talking and when they take a shower.

I love the location of the hotel - it's right by a few grocery stores and in front of the bus stop that will take you directly to Venice (bus 4 or 4L).

Breakfast as per the price was great but I expect a bit more options in the menu. Baby crib was without a comfortable mattress. I could give it personally 3 star rather than 4 star.

Location: not far from Mestre station but easy access by bus transport for Venice islands.

Wifi sucks The bathroom too small No carpet on the floor The breakfast was very poor

The location: located in a modern neighborhood and close to everything:bus train station McDonald's King size bed Quietness Cleaness

This is not a 4 star hotel. 2 stars are enough for this hotel. The room was scandalous, the worst I have ever stayed. I have been in better conditions even in 1 or 2 stars hotel. Shower cabin without glas, so the level of the vater on the bathroom floor vas 2-3cm during all time, terrible, you can not use the bathroom. The bathroom door not attached with the wall, so every smell and noise from the bathroom goes directly to the bed that was placed only 50cm distance from the bathroom door, terrible. Cleaning workers of the hotel cheated with each other very loudly early in the morning, so you don't need to use wake up option from your phone. The breakfast quantity and quality was very poor, very few type of meals. When I used to complain at the reception for different things, the staff had only one response: Sorry, I can not do something:-(((

It was very easy to go to Venice.

Does not seem like a 4* hotel. No complimentary tea or coffee in the room but they do provide a kettle if asked for (twice). No iron stand in the room. No tissues in the room. TV only shows italian channel. If you do not have facebook then cannot access hotel wifi. They do have premium wifi service at an extra charge but it does not seem to be premium at all. No tourist information at all. Air conditioner did not work.

Great location. Near public transport. 10 mins to venice plazza roma station by bus. 30 mins to airport by bus. Mcdonalds and Interspar at 1 min walk. Pam supermarket at 1 min walk. Can easily buy bus or boat pass at the reception, much cheaper than at other places .

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Excellent - we were able to park right in front of the hotel and catch the bus to Venice island across the street. Breakfast was excellent, the lobby had a nice bar with TV, and the room was very comfortable. Ours was a last minute reservation, and it was great!

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

It says that wi fi is free but you will be able to get free wifi only if you have facebook, otherwise you have to pay for it .

Bus station to Venice is across the street . Its 10 min walking distance from Mestre center. Breakfast was ok . Room was nice and clean

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Unfortunately not free computer in the hotel, but in the hotel next door free of charge, I do not have a smartphone but I know wi fi for smartphone was accessible to hotel guests . Because of the hotel proximity with the street, it was a bit noisy in the early morning, although there were double windows.The minibar was without water but we used it a s a mini fridge for food bought in the supermarket

location is perfect 10 minutes walk from train station, bus stop in front of hotel for train station and Venice city. 2 supermarkets, cafe, tobacco shops next to the hotel. Room comfy, restaurant with huge selection of food, staff very very helpful, good value for money being in Mestre and not Venice it was worth it. It is very convininent to buy the Venice pass and transport bus ride at the hotel.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

The bathroom is small.

The hotel is just near the bus station and is not far from the train station. There is a market beside the hotel and a McDonald locate at the other side of the street. It is very convenient for visitors to travel around. The price is much cheaper than the hotel in the main island.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

No internet access, hotels says it's there in website and when you go it will be available only if you login with your facebook account.. and if you want without facebook authentication you need to purchase...which is disgusting and very annoying... Breakfast is available with very limited options...

Room is facilities are okay and property is clean

I don't like that in the room they don't have sleepers and the they don't have in the refrigerator drinks. The bathroom have the radiator rusty.

I like that the hotel was near to the public transportation and it was in a safe zone. The reception person was kind and a good English speaker. The breakfast was enough.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

The bathroom needed serious remodelling. This is a shower from a 2** property. Nowhere near what I would expect from a 4**** property

The sheets, pillow and bed was very good, clean

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Refurbishment taking place in the rooms of our corridor. Started at 8.a.m. Air conditioning was off. Rooms became overheated quite quickly and so we had to open the windows which overlooked a busy noisy street.

Location, bus stop outside. Most of the staff were very helpful . Bar staff in particular were multilingual and deservidly should be mentioned for friendly and swift service.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Rip off 3 euro wifi. That's not free! Plus I logged in on my iPad but then couldn't on my phone. The man at the desk didn't tell me that. "Eggs" at breakfast made my stomach turn, I'm pretty sure they have never seen a chicken in their life. Building site on my floor. Luckily I had to wake up early anyway...

Close to bus station where I was leaving from the next day. McDonald's nearby, as I arrived late and hadn't eaten.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Everyday the same breakfast,small selection: bacon scrambled eggs, cereals ham, cheese. Very poor Wi-Fi and need to login with Facebook... to get better internet you need to pay. Room not decorated at all, no any glasses in room

good friendly stuff

It was very noisy, every early morning and late evening you could hear doors opening and closing by other guests. After paying in cash for the room, on arrival the hotel did not cancel the block on may credit card amount used to book the room. Eventually, after a few days the issue was solved.

From the hotel is very easy to reach Venice by bus, private parking. Hotel stuff very kind and the room was very clean and tidy.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

Walls not clean, beds not particularly comfortable, little noisy at night, a little impersonal

Shower pressure good, breakfast plenty of choice, ,very reasonable price , represents value for money despite any flaws

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

• Family Room (4 Adults)

From last time when i stay here thins go to better. Breakfast is better Wifi is better And i make reservation in this hotel and we get room in this hotel.Last time make reservation in this and we get room in another.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

There should be a disclaimer for this hotel to warn you that you will need high self esteem. Let's be honest, no one needs three mirrors side by side in the bathroom but if you want to examine your flaws from all sides, and suffer through intolerably weak wifi connection, this is the hotel for you.

Location was good, close to supermarket and some small cafe/restaurants. Also just across the road from 4L bus to Venice. Tickets available from reception.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

The bathroom was not cleaned before our visit, we found an old soap in the tube. You could see that it has been poorly maintained for a few years. (black smush on the fugue)

The bed and the room was comfortable. Close to Venice and close to the bus stop.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

While booking it was mentioned that the wifi is free. But, Wifi was not really free. I had to reconnect for every hour and through facebook login. It was too slow also. Hotel staff told that i need to pay 3 Euro per 24hr to get a premium wifi.

Location and Room

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Breakfast is extra cost (8 euro / person in our case). WiFi needs a little bit of extra connection skills.

Good place near Venezia, you can find a bus station on the other side of the road that can take you to Venezia. It has everything you need even in a small room. You can buy bus-vaporeto tickets at the hotel reception. Nice and cozy place.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

• Family Room (4 Adults)

We were returning to this hotel again after main vacation for 2 nights and were promised the same room which we were happy to hear however when we returned not only did we not get the same room we were put in the sister hotel next door. Very annoyed, no consultation re change decided not to spoil last two days of holiday fighting with hotel but would not be included to book again as a result.

We got a good sized room in Ambasciatori with two bathrooms on first day of vacation which was great for our family.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

The free wifi did not work and the solution the hotel offered was to pay a daily rate for a faster internet service. Hence the wifi was not "free" as advertised.

Good location, comfortable and clean. We stayed here after disembarking from a cruise.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Dirty floors, towels and mosquito stained walls. Lift just fitted our pram. Paid wifi worse than dial up and you have to like the hotel on Facebook to get. Only allowed one room key???

Nice lady on desk. Comfortable bed, nice shower

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

The bathroom was very small, but other than that did we have a great room and service in that hotel.

Staff: The staff is really friendly. Room: The double standard room is modern and clean with air conditioning. Location: The hotel is right by the bus station on the main land. The bus 4 or 4L takes you straight to Venice - only a 10 min ride! Next to the hotel is also a supermarket and a pharmacy. Breakfast: The breakfast buffet was good. Not that much to choose from but just the right amount. From cereal, joghurt, bread, ham & eggs to croissants is everything there. The best part was the big coffee maker where you could choose from a variety of different coffees. Venezia: Venice and it's surrounding little Islands are just adorable. It's so romantic - so take your partner there. There is also a beautiful beach on the Island "Lido" where you can take a waterbus to get there. The public transportation with waterbuses is great organized and reasonably prized.

Amenities were at the minimum. For instance, no iron, tooth brush, tooth paste, slippers etc

The rooms were cleaned!

People staying in the same floor in the hotel keep slamming the doors even during the night

The place and the staff was great

Comfortable, nearby railway station and big supermarket. Interior is minimalist and comfortable

Basically everything was good

Good located whit parking possibilities,good staff and clean room

Good

Good

Insect in bathroom

No iron in the room, breakfast quite basic

Large spacious room

the bed is two singel bed was joint together to make a double we had to keep moving it.

The noise

The bed is very comfortable

Bad is very uncomfortable, pillows too. Cover was sooo thin...

Hotel is very clean. Great location, stuff is good.

very basic breakfast, nothing special for breakfast.

comfortable beds ans spacious room, cute bar.

Perfect location on arrival from airport with easy access into centre of Venice friendly staff were all ways helpful

The fact that they have an early check in system. We were both ill and with that system we were able to sleep the whole day and recover a bit.

No boiling pot and coffee in the room.

There's a bus stand that takes you straight to venice station. Very convenient.

Elevator

Freindly people Clean Good location

Very poor breakfast

Hotel rooms were totally different (worse, way worse) than those shown in the pictures during the booking process.

Location is good just by the bus station .staff are friendly and helpfull.room are tidy and clean.i would stay there again .

No Ice, super hot. Food hours suck

Cheap

These two rooms didn't like a 4 star hotel's room.

A/c is bad

Clean

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

The breakfast was good and the beds were comfortable

The bathroom was quite small and there were ants in the room

The bathroom was clean and the room was big

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

The breakfast it was a mess!

Location and nice bed

A longer opening times for breakfast

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Personal at reception is not experienced. Enternet free only through Facebook. Restaurant is too far from normal Italian restaurant.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

I had pay extra for wi -fi even thou on booking.com it is said that it is free

stuff was very polite

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

The price of the hotels options for food (not enough choice) and breakfast was very poor

The view from the rooms and the politeness of the staff

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

The majority of staff were not very helpful/friendly

Browse Hotel Ambasciatori traveller photo gallery