Reviews of Andreola Central Hotel 4 stars

Via Domenico Scarlatti 24, Stazione Centrale, 20124 Milan, Italy

#109 of 424 hotels in Milan

• Double or Twin Room

This hotel was a little like Faulty Towers , it was almost amusing to see the infighting between reception and portering staff. Air condition never did get fixed and it was over 30 C

Nothing to like

• Double or Twin Room

Reception staff were very unfriendly and we were a nuisance. They seem to have fake power points in the room and our adapter s would not fit any of them when we asked at reception to borrow one they told us they didn’t have any so I asked for an iron to use and it happened to have one attached to the plug 😄

The breakfast was nice room good and clean

• Double or Twin Room

Very low firm pillow with no extra in the wardrobe.

Lovely room with large bathroom. Very clean , good breakfast ,luxurious feel to the hotel. We booked same day as stay and got great deal, excellent value for money . Near station so easy to get to when arriving by train

• Double or Twin Room

Would have liked the room to be a bit more spacious The 6th floor restaurant was closed on sat evening

Cleanliness Location: close to the train station and metro which makes it very easy to get anywhere in a short time Staff Comfy bed Bathroom water pressure :) Cleaning staff did not barge in the room; they waited until we left and then went about their business (much appreciated)

This was our second stay at Andreola Central Hotel. Perfect location close to Milano Centrale train station and shopping on Corso Buenos Aries. Victorian elegance, helpful staff and the Maitre; Paolo in the restaurant is fantastic.

• Double or Twin Room

The lady who works in the breakfast hall was so rude. We were in the breakfast room to take with us some sandwiches/croissants for our breakfast (we had to catch the train to Como) and furthermore my wife was pregnante. Then suddenly the lady came and told us that it is not allowed to take away more than one croissant. She just waited there looking us like a guardian. Can you imagine you pay 500 Eur for your accommodation but staff told you that is is not allowed to take 2 or 3 croissants with you? Just shameful..

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was included, but was basic and not what I would expect for a four-star. A little hard to catch the attention of staff for a re-fill coffee too.

Accommodation was befitting of a four star hotel albeit a little tired and, unlike many older hotels in Milan, temperature control was in the hands of the guests and not the hotel, so our comfort level was excellent.

• Double or Twin Room

The false ceiling right above the entrance of the room had some damage, probably from repairing the ventilation. We are talking about 1 sq meter, you do not notice it unless you look straight up. Nothing important, can be fixed very easily.

Excellent hotel, beautiful building, ideally located within 5 minutes walk from Statione Centrale. We stayed in a beautiful big room with a view on the top floor.

We found an ashtray in our room—cannot recall reserving a smoking room—however this was not much of an issue as the room didn’t smell like a smokers lounge.

The room was quite spacy and the bath comfortable. The hotel is located close to the main station and can easily be reached on foot.

• Double or Twin Room

The bed was quite hard, I was disturbed twice by the staff that ignored the little red dot that signaled do not disturb. Better with a sign to put up! It was clean but mold in the shower area.

Location, close to the cental station yet rather quiete. Room was big and so was the bed. It was elegant but a bit old though, but thankfully wooden floor and not a wall-to-wall carpet.

• Double or Twin Room

A hairdryer is not powerful enough, can be improved.

Good access to airport bus. Spacious, clean and comfortable room. I arrived in the AM and they allowed me to enter into the room.

• Double or Twin Room

The shower was quite small - appeared to be a 800x800 quadrant which was Ok for us (just!) but for larger persons would be a very tight squeeze.

Good location - very close to Milano Centrale train station with good transport links. Pleasant mid range hotel. Staff pleasant. Room average size with period furnishings.

• Double or Twin Room

Extremely uncomfortable bed. This meant that a good nights sleep was near impossible. Also the room had a strong scent of smoke. We were not advised that we would be in such a room, being against smoking completely.

• Double or Twin Room

the air conditioning system was too noisy and woke up me at midnight! there was not any glass to drink water! it was expensive

the location was good and the hotel was clean the breakfast was OK and the staff was friendly

• Double or Twin Room

English channels limited. Only BBC news. Advertised English channels are not available. Breakfast could have been earlier than 7am and with more hot food choices. Business center with one computer and printer, but the printer is not working. There was a nightclub nearby, although it did not bother our stay.

Location - about two minute walk to the central train station where you can also take the metro. The tram is just around the corner too. Free breakfast. Free and fast wifi. Daily housekeeping. Helpful staff. Free toiletries (no conditioner though) and free slippers. Clean, quiet, air-conditioned room. Minibar. Rainfall shower (no bathtub). Pharmacy, supermarket, bakery and restaurants nearby.

• Double or Twin Room

Heating works only with card, so at arrival the room was pretty cold for hours (15 C), AC was very noisy Paying the bill was a bit tricky since the current staff always wanted to push the job for the new personal.

They prepared take away breakfast package on last day since I had to leave early

• Double or Twin Room

It would have been nice to be told that the restaurant was not open for dinner.

Great breakfast, and ideal location for centre of town and the station.

• Double or Twin Room

Reception looks like a 2* hotel. Furniture is a little bit old. Windows are not so good, it was noise in the room during the day.

Good location and very clean.

• Double or Twin Room

breakfast was very average, almost nothing to eat for vegetarians. it was really cold in the room, we were using 3 blankets to keep warm. lighting system is incredibly noisy, not really possible to sleep without ear plugs. very-very old hotel, wall paper looks pretty used, with scratches and waves - renovation is all that hotel need.

• Double or Twin Room

old bathroom - old shower - at 150 euro per night is very expensive without a proper bathtub or shower at least.

Good location near the trains station and other metro stations

• Double or Twin Room

Desk clerk was very rude. First denied having a room available despite our checking first online and confirmed two available rooms. We promptly booked through the Booking.com in front of him and he was quite rude during the rest of the check in process.

• Double or Twin Room

Unfortunately this time I was given a terrible room with very uncomfortable beds. Also, it always takes ages when you ask the car being returned irrespective from whether or not you ask to have it delivered at a specific time. I hope in two weeks I will receive a much better room!

Conveniently located

• Double or Twin Room

We really don't have any complaints.

I like the location, staff, facility, mattress and getting cake, croissants and cappuccino for breakfast. This was the second time we stayed at the Andreola in Milan. Our memories of how much we enjoyed it the first time brought us back. Our memories were accurate - the Andreola is a wonderful place to stay.

• Double or Twin Room

I arrived early to the hotel and the receptionist was very friendly as soon as the room was ready I got the keys👌🏻, good situation close to the center, and really calm, we slept really well, perfect breakfast!

• Double or Twin Room

No fitness center and rather limited choice for breakfast

Good location if you are travelling, it's in fact close to the Central Station and from there you can reach any of the Milan Area airports.

• Double or Twin Room

My room had a bad smell, which wouldn't go away even after I opened the windows. It was hard for me to sleep with it. I also think my room was meant for a handicap guest- as my toilet, shower, and all bathroom facilities seemed to be built for that use. There was even a special chair for the shower. Lastly, when I went to the breakfast, the glass I picked up had a big lipstick stain on it and the chairs were dirty. I'm not usually one to complain, but the mix of it all made me feel a little grossed out.

The location is really ideal for the train. It's a 3 minute walk at most. The lobby is beautiful and it's great that you can leave for bags at the hotel for the day, should your train be past the check out time. It's good for an overnight trip. Staff was very nice. Room was also spacious.

• Double or Twin Room

One young male receptionist was very pleasant however the other staff were not that friendly. Dining room staff were better.

Lovely room near train station and cafes.... best cabbies in the word...one didn’t want a fare because it was such a short trip and another rounded the fare down!

• Double or Twin Room

Bathroom could have been cleaner. Old smell. Breakfast hot food not great and was cold.

Hotel, staff, all lovely. Location great for train, buses and taxi. A 40min walk to centre through shopping and theatre area. Nice local restaurants.

• Double or Twin Room

The room furniture is old. It needs renovation. There was no coffee or tea in the room. I didn't feel it is a 4 star hotel compared to other hotels in Italy.

The location of the hotel was very near to 3 metro stations. I didn't find any difficulty to reach any place

We could not open blinds for light. Bathroom door made a loud noise when opened. Sink slow to drain. Big town neighborhood. Glad we were in a group when we went out to dinner.

Hotel has traditional decor, very plush looking. Room was comfortable and clean. Location convenient to Milano Centrale train station.

• Double or Twin Room

Hotel needs renovation. I had a cigar smell in my room. We took hotel transfer to the airport, the driver was speeding, talking phone, driving unsafe changing lines.

• Double or Twin Room

They promise international TV channels - well yes, but prepare to brush up your Italian because they are dubbed and TV does not allow language changes. Ventilation was poor so prepare for humidity.

This hotel is situated close to the central station and is therefore easily reached from most destinations by train including the airport. Breakfast was very good value for the money.

• Double or Twin Room

There was nothing that we did not like ..

Excellent Service, Food , Staff, Location .. Highly recommend this Beautiful Hotel , it is our second time here ..

• Double or Twin Room

The neighborhood felt a bit sketchy.

Lovely restaurant on top of the hotel. Impressive, classical interior with an elegant feel. Our room had a balcony facing the street....very nice! Just a block away fron the Central train station.

We asked for an iron board multiple times and never got it.

Breakfast was excellent. We had issues with the air conditioning in our room and we got the suite, which was large and comfortable.

• Double or Twin Room

nothing really to complain about

Very close to the Milan train station, just a 2 min walk, and also close to the metro. There is also a small store which sells the necessities you would need. The breakfast was good enough, and a tram station is also just around the corner.

• Double or Twin Room

Maybe written directions to get there from train station. We found train station staff unhelpful.

Very friendly helpful staff, best breakfast we've had on our travels ( real chinaware and cutlery as well), room was superb! When we showed photos of our room to our granddaughters they said it looked like a palace!

Although we chose the hotel for its location, the area around the station is really not very nice and we would not have liked to walk through it at night with our children. There are lots of young men hanging around outside and there was some police action when we were walking back from the underground station after visiting the Duomo.

The hotel is very conveniently located near Milan's Central train station which was the primary reason we chose it. The hotel initially seems a little tired and dated, but the staff were helpful and friendly and the rooms were clean and comfortable. Showers in particular were excellent. Breakfast was included in our room rate and was very good.

There were restaurants around the nearby station but nothing much else in the neighborhood to recommend it. The English film channel was rarely in English. Breakfast staff were very reluctant to refill the buffet dishes and more intent on preparing for the next day. They also turned the lights off and removed the food at 10.30 sharp !

Good size room. Reception staff were friendly and helpful. Anna in the bar was a bonus, great snacks at happy hour. The hotel is situated near the station and tram.

• Double or Twin Room

Unfortunately the person serving in the bar put the invoice from other drinking guests at my room, so when I payed the bill for my room and what I had in the bar the evening before it also included what my neighbor had ordered to his table. When I payed attention to this fact the chief of the hotel (?) started to blame me for I had noticed this and complained after I already had payed the bill. Before I left the hotel he promised reluctantly to see to it that the difference should be payed back at my account. Today, one week after this happened, I still have payed the bill also for the neighbor some tables away from my table that night. So, instead of apologize and correct the mistake of the barman, he blamed me for having noticed this to late. So unusually and astonishingly bad!!!! /Björn Andersson

Nice classic hotel, near the central station. The rooms were nice and clean and nice.

Nothing all perfect

It was our third trip to Milan and the best hotel by far. We were allowed to check in early which was wonderful after a long train trip to get there.

• Double or Twin Room

Open patio but Unable to see any view with high wall around it ( only other rooftops)

Close proximity to train station at reasonable price ( one unexpected night stop on milan) Convenient shop next door for food items Nice Italian decor

• Double or Twin Room

There was no snack menu available they only food the restaurant offered was expensive and heavy food. We had to request clean towels on two occasions as nobody had replaced the old ones the following day. The location was around 2 miles from the main square so taxis were needed daily.

The appearance of the hotel was lovely and rooms were comfortable.

Air condition did not work-leaked water all night, wall paper was pealing off and the room smelled of mold. Ceiling stained with water marks.

For the location there was very little noise. Bed was comfortable.

• Double or Twin Room

Property and it's staff did not response to any of my email ls to modify my reservation date! Worse customer service ever

Nothing! The property and Booking did not accommodate my request to change my reservation date.

Blanket so so.

24 hours registration. 12.00 check out. For me it is important because i arrive at 1.30 night. And mostly all Italian hotel check out at 11.00. Good breakfast. Big room. Super location.

• Double or Twin Room

The male reception staff were not welcoming or helpful.

The room cleaning staff were very pleasant and friendly. The breakfast staff were also very helpful and friendly.

• Double or Twin Room

I paid for this room through booking.com but then as we were leaving hotel (in a hurry) they said we hadn't paid for the room and I paid again with my credit card. Now i'm unable to find how to report this through booking.com...... Hard to find customer service with booking.com when you need it. So, I wouldn't necessarily recommend booking.com, or this hotel.

Comfy beds. Small bedroom but spacious bathroom. Windows w/o a view other than inside a courtyard with garden.... Which was pleasant. Hot at night as cooler didn't work very well.

• Double or Twin Room

No kettle. Air vent runs continuously regards of aircon being on or off and got intrusive. Opening a window would have meant having street noise. Location is convenient for trains but not much else. The social situation in the area is unnerving and safety at night appears an issue.

Very quiet. Windows are soundproof, walls are thick, passage has thick carpet and even the doors close softly. I didn't hear a sound the whole time except very faint traffic. Breakfast is wonderful in a lovely big room. Large bathroom. Hotel has a very Italian ambience.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Double or Twin Room

We where only given 1 towel to use between 2 guests and the Aircon did not work, which was uncomfortable as it was a very warm weekend

It was close to the train station, so after a long journey it was a perfect choice! The rooms where spacious.

• Double or Twin Room

Superb location . Great balcony with afternoon sunshine till getting ready to go out . Plenty of bars and restaurants nearby with good links across the city

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Not quite comfortable in the roads around the hotel

good variety of fresh breakfast foods including fresh fruit. easy walking distance to train and metro

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Bed was very hard, aircondition didn't work, telly in the wrong place, should be on the wall not in a unit where the open door obstructs the screen. Outdated decor, overall the hotel was good, just minor points, room was clean and the staff plesent. Need to get rid of all the plastic flowers very tacky...

Near to the station...friendly staff, clean...

• Double or Twin Room

We asked for quiet room, but newertheless received noisy. With balcony.... with flowerpots, full of cigarette buts. Hotel has a central air conditioning system, they start use it from first of May only. No matter, if weather is hot or cold: 1st of May. Therefore, if you feel yourself stuffy in the room- personel could give you brilloant advice to open windows and enjoy with street life ( tramms, cars)

location, friendly staff, clean

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Room quite small but it's normal for hotel room in big city

The location is great, 3 minutes walk from the central train station. Easy to walk even with big luggages and a 3 years old baby. Big bathroom. Good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Asked for drinks, in the hotel in the evening and although there were reception they said they had a big function on and had no one to serve drinks. Rather disappointing as we were celebrating our fiftieth wedding anniversary. Would say though that we hadn't had this problem before.

Stayed here previously. Ideal to stay a night or two when coming from airport. Very convenient because it is near the railway station for onward journeys.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The air conditioning would appear to only work later in the year.

Very good situation for Milan Central Station and shuttle buses to airports. Welcoming and very helpful staff. We would happily stay here again.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

The comfy bed, it is a very short distance from the Central Railway Station. The walk into the centre is easy especially if you window shop on the way and/or stop for lunch

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was excellent and plentiful. From coffee, tea, various juices, salty combination (omelets, ham, cheese ...), fresh croissants of various types, a variety of fruit, cereals, cookies. Everything was excellent and delicious. As for accommodation, we were in a superior room which was beautiful. Spacious, clean, warm, with carpeting on the floor, a spacious bathroom and a comfortable bed. The staff is very friendly. The hotel is situated in an ideal location. Only 2-3 minutes from the central station from which you later all available. We are satisfied staying in the hotel. Praiseworthy.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Room too hot even if we set the thermostat to a fresher temperature, moquette everywhere and too expensive even if it was the fashion week. Not a real 4 stars for the price we paid.

Good location close the Stazione Centrale, nice staff

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room

There was nothing to dislike

Location central close to station but heard no noise and the staff were so helpful and dinner in the resturant was delicious

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Bed could definitely have been comfier. And the windows weren't double glazed so the room got a little bit cold and noise pollution travelled into the room.

Room was lovely and the staff were exceptional. Very amazing and compitent staff at the 24 hour check in desk. Beautiful bathroom and nicely furnished.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

• Two Adjacent Double or Twin Rooms

The hotel was well placed, staff were friendly and helpful, the rooms comfortable and the breakfast offered a large variety and was of a good quality. This was very good value for money!

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Needs of renovation. E.g. wall sockets are loose in the wall.

Location. Few steps away from Central Station. Spacious comfortable double room with king-size bed and luxury bathroom.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

Hairs in bed (were the sheets ever changed?) and in the bathroom. Floor carpet really dirty. Shower lower than my head (I am 178 cm...). Single traveller and got two twin little beds.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

Everything was good about this hotel. Highly recommend and will return. Less than 500mtrs from Milano Centralie. Buses, trams and cabs all convenient.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Very minor, but on both stays we discovered that we did not have towels, toiletries, etc for two people and had to call the front desk. Not sure why.

Beautiful room - they upgraded us to a suite on the top floor which was very lovely. We had stayed here two weeks earlier (on arrival to Italy through Milan) and our room had been less expensive - I guess because it was a Friday and this is primarily a business traveler hotel. It was a nice surprise to get more space since we were paying more. The breakfast buffet is excellent - juice, fresh fruit, cereal, yogurt, fresh pastries, eggs, etc - and they bring you whatever hot beverage you request. Hotel is very close to the train station, literally two blocks away, which is why we stayed here. The hotel arranged for us to have a car service to the airport but there is also transportation at the train station to the airport. If we were to fly in and out of Italy via Milan again, we would definitely use this hotel on arrival and before departure.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

Our initial greeting from reception was not friendly. The beds were not overly comfortable. The heating was controlled by reception and made the hotel room uncomfortable due to the heating being set for winter temperatures even though it was unseasonably warm.

Most Staff were very friendly and helpful. The food was good for breakfast and the ladies were very friendly. The location was great due to easy access to the station.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel screwed up the booking (through this website) for two rooms which meant my colleague had to go to a nearby hotel. The hotel said they had only one room free. Not sure how that can happen.

Elegant hotel with old Italian style close to the central station. Comfortable enough but the mix up with the booking tainted the stay.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Size of the elevator. Although the hotel has 2 elevators for guest.

Location. Its a 2 minute walk from Milan Centrale. The lobby has still its classic beauty in reminiscent of its grandeur era. The staff are all excellent. Speaks very good English and are quick to respond to any of our requests. Luigi & Daniel are the best. Gives excellent suggestions to every inquiry. Rooms are spacious with bay windows. Marble toilet is an added charm.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Small room,no balcony, quite basic breakfast, not at all what they advertise in photos and adverts, quite expensive for what you get.

Location is fab.Right next to Central station.Old fashioned but nicely decorated, big bathroom

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Pleased with everything.

Immediately upgraded to the highest room available in the gorgeous hotel, without asking ! Helpful staff, 5 minute walk from Central Station,but 1 hour from the 2 Airports. taxi 100 euro, coach 8 euro takes 1 hour.delicious breakfast. Restaurant in hotel expensive, food is quality with a view

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Wonderful staff enjoyed the ambience of flower filled lounge and bar, rooms had everything you need. Stayed twice, once at beginning of journey and on our way home. Easy to walk from Centrale station, turn left out of station and a very short, level walk and you're there. They allowed us to leave our bags after check out and helped with advice on city. Just a lovely place.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Room and bathroom were a bit old, watermarks on wall paper and will require a bit of cosmetic touches. Matrasses also not perfect but ok for one night

Excellent location just few steps from Railways Station from the side of Piazza Luigi di Savoia where the busses from Bergamo and Linate stop. Delicious apple pie for breakfast and good cappuccinos

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Would hardly call it as a 4-star hotel. The mirror in the bathroom is not smooth. Very bad hair dryer. And the shower head leaks all the time.

Close to the railway station.

Browse Andreola Central Hotel traveller photo gallery