Reviews of Ankon Hotel 3 stars

Via Loreto 13/A, 60126 Ancona, Italy

#11 of 16 hotels in Ancona

Unfortunately my room was just located in front of kitchen and eating room. As a light sleeper I couldn't properly rest coz waked up early by kitchen staff. Also I didn't like the fact to be dependent on the receptionist to open me the door. There is a curfew or you have to call the phone. On my first night I came before the curfew and had to call 4x before the receptionist came down without a word to open me the door. All the other staff members were beyond nice and helpful though.

This hotel is like a hidden oasis. I loved all the details of decoration. The room was adorable. Staff amazing and breakfast just super nice and lots of choice. It was a delight every morning.

An easy walk from the station.. My case was taken early and my room ready by 12.00 . A smiling, friendly welcome. A very pretty room with a spacious, efficient bathroom. A nice breakfast in the dining room opposite my room. All the staff were friendly and efficient. A pleasant walk down a tree-lined avenue to the port and old town.

The staff didn't speak English and unfortunately my Italian is not very good so communication was hard for me. They do not have a key to get in and out of the hotel at night, which was awful as I had to wake someone to get something from the car late at night, which I didn't like!

It was a very cute design, which was a novelty and for this reason I would stay again. Also we arrived late and they accommodated the change in our booking very kindly from one person to two.

The neighbourhood is smelly and suburbial; The wifi didn't work; The bathroom door was broken and couldn't be closed.

The Hotel is really nice and familiar.

Very little.

Nice room. Good choice for breakfast (only meal offered). Some people might be put off by the area but I had no problems and would use this hotel again.

I liked everything on this Hotel...the owners and the Staff were very helpful and friendly... I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to visit Ancona... Kind Regards from us ( Greek Family )

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

The hotel is quite noisy and our room was humid. But the worse is the location of the hotel which is located behind some buildings in a place that looks quite dodgy....

The design was cute.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

The location. Refugees loitering about in the the piazza and far from he historic centre to walk.

The hotel is very nicely decorated and breakfast was good. Staff very heloful

Our rooms only had small windows so were quite dark. Long walk to centre unless you walk down a long busy traffic tunnel but buses stop nearby.

The one restaurant nearby was good. General provision shops nearby too.

Shortage of storage tables for luggage.

Location was very good.

Hotel description mentions discounted public parking but there is no discount, it's just normal public parking.

I really appreciated staff's kindness - always ready to help and to advise.

unica pecca che si trova in quartiere brutto dell città/the only flaw is that hotel is in a rough area of the city

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

Shower doors were not working properly at the time

Lovely breakfast room

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

It is in a terrible area with a hostel next door for refugees

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

I don't speak any Italian at yet I was made to feel like I was at home more than being in a hotel. Amazing coffee.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2016

Just one: the mattresses (I've tried 2 into 2 rooms) are too soft. That's my opinion. I've suggested to the hotel owner's to change.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2015

The shower screen needs some attention. I would have liked tea/coffee making facilities, but maybe this is not available in hotels like it is in Australia. Not what I would call a picturesque view.

The staff were lovely, very helpful. The whole place was very tastefully decorated. It was located in a quiet area and yet reasonably close to the train station and bus station.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2015

The room's window began only at half the height of the room, also the neighbors are quite close – which means some noise. The room's table is too small to work on. The breakfast selection was very focused on sweet buns (which is typical for Italy, but which I didn't like). The location is clearly not close to the center.

The room was clean, the bathroom was relatively large, air conditioning was available. The whole hotel is clean and makes a good impression. For the price per night, it is a good choice. Breakfast is included which you might or might not like, since it is typically italian, and therefore very sweet.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2015

We were admitted to our room hours before the check-in time and for that we are extremely thankful to the staff! After a ferry trip from Split my children and I desperately needed a safe place to lay down before heading back to town and we were granted it without even asking for it! Staff is great at Ankon Hotel and very, very helpful. We liked the location as the hotel is very near to one of the main bus stations in so wherever we were in town there was a bus taking us right back to the hotel. There are also links to the towns and villages outside Ancona and the main train station is only minutes away. At the same time it is quiet at night and it is a small place. Very suitable for young children as it has a lift and a specious corridor. We loved it.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2016

camera spartana e poco luminosa

• Reviewed: 21 October 2015

Hot water didn't work well

• Reviewed: 1 September 2015

Location e staff insufficiente

• Reviewed: 4 August 2015

The neighbourhood wasn't the best but that isn't the guest house's fault.

The place was well presented. The room was very clean and tidy.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2015

not speak English

price

There are also 9 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Ankon Hotel traveller photo gallery