Reviews of Annabella Hotel 3 stars

Via Fiume 5, 50123 Florence, Italy

#355 of 384 hotels in Florence

Expensive for what you get. Can't control own air con. Location is great.

Unable to control own air con in our room. We had to go to reception to ask them to come turn the air con on/off as they had the remote control with them. Having to ask for key to terrace. Expensive for what it was, especially with the city tax.

Location location location. Lovely lady on reception.

Perfect for a night or 2! Great location!!

Perfect location, very close to the main attractions and less than 5minute walk from the train station. The hotel is very basic but it's all you need after a day of trekking. Our room was cleaned to a good standard daily. Use of Aircon is on request and make sure to go to the roof garden for some spectacular view of the city. Victoria from the reception was very helpful on helping us book our tour. Lots of great restaurants in the area. Just a little tip, make sure to bring a mosquito repellant! It's not just from the hotel but it's the whole area in general.

The room is very nice and clean.

The Wi-Fi could be better, but when you are visting a place as beautiful as Firenze, you mostly don't stay in the room. So, to us it was not a big problem.

The room is very nice and clean. What we mostly liked was how near to the train station the hotel is. Very well located!

Not that pleasant a stay

No clear and proper instructions on where the hotel is when you get to the front door. Several steps to front door and hotel is on 3rd floor. An old fashion lift is available but you need to know how-to work it. Very rude and grumpy staff. No lifts within the hotel. Not allowed to use air condition until June, room larger than normal but had cobwebs in ceiling, no flyscreen so mosquitoes come in when windows are open.

Convenient to Florence SMN station and walking to lots of eateries and Central Market.

Actually very pleasant

We missed out on free breakfast as, as it turned out, I forgot (or did not know) to request it when booking. Breakfast was still available for an additional fee, which we were not informed of initially, but a receptionist still wanted to charge us for breakfast at the end of the stay and it took a little time to convey that we did not have any. Other than that misunderstanding, the staff were good and helpful.

Convenient location close to everything, nice building, and what a nice fresh room we had. Bathroom not huge but updated and very functional. Spacious balcony. There is a roof terrace said to have great views, but we ran out of time and did not get to check it out. We loved the proximity to San Lorenzo food market for best lunch-time authentic "street food".

Value for money but don't expect too much.

AC remote is not given, if you need boiling water it's paid selection and be prepared to wait as it is done one bowl a time in MV.

Property is close to station and market. Staff is well behaved.

WONDERFUL terrace, EXCELLENT price, PERFECT location

Excellent price: only Euro 40 for a single room with balcony, including city tax. I appreciated that room because I like smoking, so the balcony was very useful for me! There is also a very nice rooftop terrace: you can enjoy a wonderful vista from there. Location is perfect because you can stay in heart of Florence.

VERY CHEAP price for a VERY NICE room!

The hotel has an excellent location: few steps from the train station and very close to the cathedral. We find good restaurants and trattorias around there, food is absolutely fantastic in Florence! Our room was very nice and very cheap! The staff were very kind and friendly, they always helped us: thank you Annabella!

a wonderful panoramic view from the roof terrace

The location is perfect: only few steps from Uffizi, Accademia and Cathedral. The staff are very kind and warm: they help for any request or doubt. The terrace is a must, you can enjoy a wonderful panoramic view from there!

Dont stay here

Rude staff! don't stay here, felt like I was being completely bullied for my entire stay, and I was just waiting for the next rude comment The man who worked there should not be in the hospitality business I was paranoid that it was just me, or he was having a bad day but from the reviews he was HORRIBLE to everyone Basic basic hotel. And was freezing inside the room. And when I asked to put the heat on I felt like I was asking for the persons left leg. No info was given when I checked in, literally he just said the room number So OBVIOUSLY I had to ask questions about when I can check out, about breakfast, everything which he should have told me And he was so cranky when I asked questions Such a horrible grumpy man I bit my tongue and said nothing when he was rude to me. But I wish I didn't And go ahead and reply to this you grumpy fuck And try deny everything I said, just like you tried with other reviews. But I think people know what terrible service to expect

Nothing positive to say sadly

Aside from the overnight staff on the last night, all staff...

Aside from the overnight staff on the last night, all staff were quite rude. And on checking out, we were informed of a city tax of €3.50 per person, per night. This was not outlined at any point prior to this, either via my booking or on checkin.

Location but nothing else.

Staff was one old lady who spoke no English and probably lived upstairs in the building. They were not interested in customer service. I had to ask for the control for the Aircon to turn it on and had to request again for it to turn the aircon off when too cold. Toilet was tiny and awkwardly designed. Uncomfortable to use. Location is the only attraction here. Dont expect anything else.

Location Cleanliness

Not a three star hotel - but nice terrace and good location.

Overall, I travel a lot and this was by no means a three star hotel. Two or two and a half at best. 1)Room was inadequately cleaned when I came in, there were still clothes in bottom of closet from prior guest. 2) hotel did not feel secure. Hotel is on top floors of a building with what looked like other offices and apartments and was quite shabby. Door at the bottom was not locked till late, door for the hotel was usually wide open and there was not always someone at the front desk even though they said there would be and you had to leave your hotel keys there (I stayed 6 nights and had to wait multiple times for 10 minutes for someone). Keys were sometimes just left on the counter where anyone could take them. There were no in room safes in addition. 3) air conditioning remotes were not left in the room but rather with the front desk so you always had to ask them to borrow and adjust (and wait for the staff to get to the front desk) 4) Shower constantly overflowed even if taking a quick shower. 5) the other two staff were unfriendly and looked like you were bothering them to ask for your key or air conditioning or to ask them to put the key away and not leave it on the desk where it could be easily taken.

Very nice rooftop terrace. Two of the staff (younger ones) were friendly.

Bad choice.

no Wi-Fi as promised. the location to register is on the 3rd floor. Check in personal was not very helpful with any information about the area.

The cleanliness of the room.

Great location not a 3 star place.

I do not know about other rooms but room 31 was not good. There was No fresh air, once in a while very bad smell coming from the bathroom even bathroom was very clean. Had mosquitoes in room and bit me on my face. Internate was slow. There was an issue in toilet but the one staff's response was not appropriate. Not a 3 star place.

Location is excellent. 5 min walk from train. View from top is nice. Room was clean and had good quality towels and bedsheets.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Central location but nothing else to recommend.

See above

Owners were morose and not at all friendly. Seem to find questions and requests a bother and a nuisance. No tea or coffee making facilities.You are expected to pay for even a cup of tea. The WiFi is non existent unless you hung around the reception counter. Very mean with shower gel and shampoo and unhappy when you request for more. The only positive things about this place are that the rooms were large and spacious and that it's close to the station and 15 mins to 25 mins walk from most interesting places and transportation. Cold day in hell before I stay there again.

Great choice! You'll be not disappointed!

Buses in the street are a little bit noizy, but of course it doesn't depend on the hotel.

I could stay there with my little dog. The panoramic terrace is spectacular!

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Great location and comfortable rooms, but lacking service

We would have rated this hotel higher, if it weren't for the staff. The older woman, who we assumed is the owner, was pleasant, but seemed to not want us on the roof deck after dark. When we told her we wanted the key to go and see it, she told us the light didn't work. When we took the key anyways and went upstairs, we discovered that the light did indeed work, but while we were up there enjoying the view, she came upstairs and turned the light off! Later in the evening, after she had gone home, we asked the night clerk how to operate the air conditioning. He gave us the control and in an unfriendly manner told us which button to push and that we should press no others because it was already set-up. We then asked him if breakfast was served in the lobby (we had seen cafe tables and a breakfast bar in the adjoining room). He responded that since we booked through Booking.com, we would have to pay extra for breakfast. We asked him about wifi and received the same response: Because we had booked through Booking.com, wifi was extra. It was as if we were being punished for booking through Booking.com. Honestly, when we went downstairs the next morning and saw their "continental breakfast," we were glad that we hadn't paid extra for it. It was sparse and depressing.

The hotel is very conveniently located near the train station, a short walk to the Duomo, and close to a good selection of coffee shops and restaurants. The rooms are clean, showers are more than adequate, and the roof deck is a big plus.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

Keep an open mind

The elevator was a bit creepy and small.

We loved the balcony at the roof top. It was a beautiful view of the Duomo and downtown. Also, the train station was just on the other side of tje block.

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

Old world charm

The service, not value for money. In name of free breakfast we got bread( no toaster) and butter, preserved juice and had to keep asking for milk. Plus had to argue about free wi-fi they wanted us to pay 2 euros extra for WiFi when it's mentioned it's free!

Old world charm

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Just check in when there are other receptionists. They are very kind.

Old male receptionist's attitude was sarcastic and rude.

The hotel was clean. Good location close to train station. You can experience historical elevator.

I forgot my eyeglasses there.

I forgot my eyeglasses there. they found it pack it and kept till courrier came. Great. Thanks

Great Location

Great location for the train station and the sights nearby in Florence.

Great location, we had a terrace off our room but the roof...

No complaints

Great location, we had a terrace off our room but the roof top terrace was an awesome place to finish our nights in Florence.

ddd

zzzz

zzz

Very cheap price and very cozy room!

Fantastic staff and spectacular rooftop terrace! Very cheap price and very cozy room, you'll not disappointed!

Great place, awesome people and nice accommodation

All good !

Size of the room, location etc

Overall we had a nice time, easy to walk to restaurants and attractions

Internet is not good

1 block from santa Marie train station

My worse experience of a hotel in Italy

The staff, And the smell

Location And room size

Florence is a wonderful place to spend your vacation and hotel Annabella is a beautiful place.

I liked everything 😊

I loved the hotel, staff and the locality.

Comfortable and convenient to main attractions in Florence and markets

Always stay at Hotel Annabelle or its sister Hotel Bijou A great location around the corner from SMN station

We have bad time w/Verdi Suite due to the power cut off and poor room, lucky us find this hotel

WiFi is pretty weak

Room ize, Windows, Bathroom and roof top garden.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

AMAZING HOTEL AT CHEAP PRICE!

AMAZING HOTEL AT A SPECIAL PRICE! THE ROOFTOP TERRACE IS A MUST: DON'T MISS IT

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Location was good

Ran out of hot water in the evening had to have a cold shower which is not ideal in the middle of winter.

Location was good

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Never going back or use this hotel :(

Staffs and services is poor. No wifi, keep telling us to book direct?? Book direct got breakfast and wifi??

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

No breakfast and too expensive

No breakfast and too expensive

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Location and room clean and big

Breakfast was not included , extra charge and it didn't look a lot to offer

Location and room clean and big

• Reviewed: 22 May 2016

The location is good, only 5 minutes walk from the Firenze...

people book from bookings need to pay for wifi, so if you want to save this money, just book through the hotel website. Printing also charges 50 cent / piece of paper.

The location is good, only 5 minutes walk from the Firenze SMN station

• Reviewed: 27 November 2015

This hotel is very cozy, the staff is very polite, the rate...

This hotel is very cozy, the staff is very polite, the rate was very cheap. I do not understand why some people wrote bad reviews: please note it's a 3 stars hotel, not a 5 stars!

• Reviewed: 14 October 2015

Pure wifi connection... Also isnt free... They gave me 3 different wifi SSids to choose which has better signal in my room...but noneone was working well

Location...everything in walking distance

• Reviewed: 19 September 2015

The room was clean and attractive.

The day staff were not friendly. The breakfast, which cost 10 euros extra, was probably the worse breakfast I have had in any hotel in any country. There was a sewer smell in the bathroom.

The room was clean and attractive. The location was great.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2015

Excellent location;

Room temperature could only be set by front desk; no comfortor/duvet on bed; no place to put your soap/shampoo in the tiny shower stall; older gentleman at front desk at check-in was impolite

Excellent location; cleanliness; the young staff was very helpful; good wifi for 2 euros initial deposit, sufficient breakfast for 5 euros

• Reviewed: 11 August 2015

Fabulous location in the shadow of the train station and for...

Do your research on Florence before arrival as you get no help from the staff.

Fabulous location in the shadow of the train station and for exploring central Florence. Very authenticate decor.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2016

Excellent service: very cozy room with balcony.

Excellent service: very cozy room with balcony. The rooftop terrace is a must: the view is AMAZING, don't miss it!

• Reviewed: 25 February 2016

The hotel is very close to the Congress Center.

The hotel is very close to the Congress Center. Very nice room and cheap rate

• Reviewed: 31 December 2015

Location is great.

Location is great. Price was absolutely cheap!

• Reviewed: 2 November 2015

Dirty room.

Dirty room. Bad mood employes.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2015

Position near train station

Position near train station

• Reviewed: 7 August 2015

Close to station and city centre, quiet, comfortable.

Close to station and city centre, quiet, comfortable.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2015

Location was good.

Staff is only Ok.

Location was good.

• Reviewed: 16 May 2015

Brilliant Location

Brilliant Location Clean and comfortable Quaint lift to reception (3rd floor)

There are also 10 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.