Reviews of Barceló Aran Mantegna 4 stars

Via Mantegna 130, Eur & Garbatella, 00147 Rome, Italy

#420 of 921 hotels in Rome

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Air conditioning nice and cold. Quiet. comfortable bed and good bedding. I like the area being quiet and the choice of simple restaurants around the hotel. Not far from the centre, particularly easy to reach on a Sunday morning.

• Premium Superior Double or Twin Room

We were disappointed with the bathroom cleanliness. The sink worktop hadn’t been cleaned and had water marks and rings. Also outside and inside the bath in the corners and around the sliding doors was grime were it hadn’t been cleaned.

Breakfast was very nice. Good selection, fresh and plenty of products

• Superior Double or Twin Room

1. Location from Centre 2. I was there with my three year old daughter for three days and there was an issue with the credit card on file. Rather than asking us about it or taking another credit card, front desk disabled the key after day two and then felt the need to suggest that I might have exceeded the limit on my card.

The rooms were well appointed and the breakfast was fantastic.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Most hotel staff does not know English making it difficult to communicate . Slippers were provided only when asked. Toilets had no privacy especially if 2 friends or colleagues stay together as the whole unit had only a gazed glass shutter without a lock . The inside of toilet was clearly visible from the room . The lounge had a very basic ambience .

The beds and pillows were quite comfortable . The room was spacious .

My debit card was charged(money reserved) 400 EUR without my notice on 16.05.2018., on 17.05.2018. I checked out and paid full amount of 437 EUR by my debit card not knowing that I was charged day before. Later that day I checked my bank account statemet I saw that I can't access 400 eur that had been reserved on 16.05.2018. Later that day I approached on of the emplyees at check in desk of the hotel and he explained that money that had been reserved will be released next morning on 18.05.2018.. It is 21.05.2018. and reserved amount of 400 eur still hasn't been released. I find this unacceptable.

Clean and modern rooms.

I booked a transfer from the airport to the hotel, they confirmed me by e-mail for a mini-van, but there was no one at the airport! It was a huge problem!!!

Great breakfast and dinner!!! The kitchen is high level!!!

• Premium Superior Double or Twin Room

Sofa bed & xtra bed is not proper bed. Hard, small n cheap folded bed. Can't sleep on it. Air conditioning is not cold especially outside temp.30 degrees. Variety for breakfast goed. Only eggs cold n yoghurt warm. Personeel's are friendly. Location is terrible.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff seemed a bit distracted and lacked focus, I couldn't blame them because they were handling a large number of groups at the same time and the hotel was fully booked, the maintenance is a bit of an issue here, AC wasn't working in the room at all, and I had a big water spot on the carpet in the middle of the room, and despite talking to different members of the staff about it, I heard 3 or 4 different explanations for the issue, the AC problem couldn't be rectified, but eventually I got an upgrade to a suite, which was great.

It's a modern hotel which is not exactly in the center, it's more like a business traveler type of hotel, but the bus station is 2 minutes away on foot, bus no. 160 takes you to the center in 20 minutes, spacious room, nice breakfast, there are some nice restaurants around and a supermarket around the corner, I had an issue with the AC at the room, and they upgraded me to a suite.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed

We checked out early at 4am. They prepared a packed lunch but all we wanted was s coffee which they did not provide. Room was not ready at check in, they said they were busy had a lot of check outs. Drink prices at the lobby bar a too expensive. Bathroom needs another door as although the glass is milky you can still see through it while the other person is on the toilet.

Breakfast was great. Car Park underground @ a fee Good snacks at the lobby bar

• Superior Double or Twin Room

It’s a bit of a ride from the city center but there was a bus very close to the property that was pretty easy to take.

The room was very nice, best hotel of our stay in Italy and for a very reasonable price. Also, there were good restaurants nearby.

The hotel was clean and comfortable. Staff at the hotel was great Sabrine at the reception helped to give us a interconnecting room so we were close to the tennage children, She also helped us regards how to get to the centre etc. Andrea at the bar made us excellent coffees and one night we returned late and he still made us pizzas even though the restraunt was closed. Breakfast was a great selection. Will surely return.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

・The toilet didn't flush well ・Breakfast was not so good.

・The room was big and comfortable, which it was very pleasant for me to stay. ・Staffs provided me great services.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Elevator slow, no fresh orange juice for breakfast, location not so good, a little bit dirty, fitness room not nice at all. Property does not fulfil 4 star level.

• Junior Suite (2 Adults)

Nothing to dislike about the property as such apart from the location maybe. A little to far from the centre of Rome.

It was very spacious. The room was more than I could have wished for.

Small rooms without balcony, outdated hotel and unfriendly staff ..

Hotel location is near to center,15 min by car , clean room , free parking on the street..

• Suite (2 Adults)

Our experience was simply extremely bad. The staff wasn't friendly and they didn't even help us in carrying our luggages to the room. The staff was careless in providing the services to the hotel guests. During our stay, we requested for an iron bord, and after a very long waiting, they provided badly broken one, which is very risky to be used and its power cables were exposed !! Is this really a four stars hotel??? Strongly not recommended.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

All good, location is convinent if you use taxi to get in to the city centre. It would be also a good base to daytrips in the countryside. Maybe a sidenote, chairs in the bar and lobby are not the most comfortable, but they look good.

Friendly staff great size rooms and very decent breakfast. The hotel is going to great lenght to make your stay and experience a pleazant one

• Junior Suite (2 Adults)

Breakfast on the ground floor is batter than underground, WiFi in the Room is not available to use in the midnight.

The breakfast provide Nespresso and it impressed me, but only on the ground floor. Call a Taxi is very convenient and it always arrived in 5 minutes.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The electricity completely went out for a couple hours one day! No one tried to ease the inconvenience or even apologise for the situation. There wasn't even an announcement to inform us of what was going on. We just stumbled our way to the stairs and waited till they came back on. The hotel was further from the city than we planned but catching a shuttle was easy to do.

Amazing breakfast and clean facility!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

no water refilling every night no swimming pool far from city center and although there were shuttle bus with 5 EURO to city center but last one leave from there at 7 PM !!

hotel is clean and staff is helpful

• Superior Double or Twin Room

It is sad that the hotel does not provide a kettle in the room for making a simple British tea. Also the hotel does not provide an iron box and there is no where during the booking that one is told that there will be no iron box. For those going for business trips I think iron box is really important. I would have carried mine.

The hotel is clean air conditioning works.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast options are limited. Reception may sometimes do not answer at all and response to your requests can be very slow and you need to keep asking.

Good value for money

• Superior Double or Twin Room

In many years of professional travel I have never seen a high 4 star level hotel that had broken furniture and ants in the bed. I was discusted. When confronting the front desk it was practically said that it was not their problem and was not recompensated for anything. I really would like you to look into this location , something is definetly wrong.

Practically nothing

• Junior Suite (2 Adults)

Quite cold staff. The room cleaning and the ameneties and coffee refill was not properly done. Small details showing poor maintenance: not working lights (including the ones at the entrance), missing towel hangers in the bathroom, clogged drain

Nothing to be highlighted

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Despite checking with the hotel that the air conditioning worked after reading other complaints (they told me issues had been fixed) our air conditioning didn't always work so we were stuck in 30+ degree heat with no aircon during the night. The room has no tea and coffee facilities, the bathroom wasn't the cleanest and needed tlc, but the worst thing was the distance to the city centre. It has no convenient transport links at all. Also I asked for an iron 3 days and never received one throughout the duration of my stay. Each time they said they didn't have any available and for some reason could never retrieve one- it was ridiculous. I had to iron my cloths with my hair straighteners! This should not be classed a 4 star hotel- its a 3 at a stretch. Don't bother staying here if you want a nice trip.

The room was spacious

• Superior Double or Twin Room

It was n a 4 star hotel but no boiler or coffee in the room. 4 stars should have that fasilities. And there is only a bus no metro you can take to go to central Rome. To far out for me. Would want to be near the central area.

Nice room

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

we got to the room only at the night time, the AC didn't work the temperature got to 29 degrees when we called the reception they said they can't help us after we called booking the agreed to change the room which the AC didn't work in as well finally at 1 am they agreed we leave in the morning and they will refund us the money at the morning the manger (25 years old kid) said they can't refund us when we showed him the letter from booking that they agree to refund he said it will take 3 days , i'm still waiting for the refund (over 3 weeks) the neighborhood is bad and the train station is about 35 minutes walk! pay a little more and stay some where else

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Staff was not vry helpful.. And the rooms booked via deals are not so great... Overall room looks nice however these rooms are poorly maintained..and the air conditioning does not work properly

The breakfast there is very nice... However the same menu was repeated both days..

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The reception are not co-work for each other between morning and night shift, we have check-in for 3 rooms in the afternoon but the room are ready only 2 then we went out for tour, when we come back and asked for the last room, the reception (night shift) can't find our check-in and our name in the system (even if we already paid for all room and they have our passport copies when we check-in), how come? Finally, we got the room for disabled people that mean they give our room to another customer. Hope that they will not do again with another customer

Nice hotel and clean

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Great room and very clean....was a bit away from the centre but hotel provided a shuttle for a charge that was convenient for us. Will defiantly stay again.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast to be paid cash and in advance. 15 euro are too much. The location is taxi-dependant. Lifts are often busy, so slow.

Nice and large room, with above average in-room amenities

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Excellent venue for a conference. Location was good for an event, but nothing exciting for holidaying. Having said that we did walk into the city once.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Many tables were not cleared in the busy breakfast room when I arrived making it difficult to find a table to sit at. There was no kettle/cup in the room to make tea. You have to be very careful not to step in dog mess if out for a walk, but this is not something the hotel has control of.

The hotel staff were really friendly and helpful. My room on the 5th floor was very high-spec and modern, as was the business centre where I attended a conference. The organic produce shop across the road from the hotel is delightful.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Air conditioning was turn off. Although night was cold it was pretty warm during the day time.

Good location, there was a shuttle to the city at a low cost which was really good. Staff members were really friendly. Would recommend this place to stay.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Nice big hotel. Rooms were modern and beds were comfortable. However our room had broken glass on the floor from a broken glass door. Staff were helpful but no discount. Aircon didnt work. In hindsight we could have complained and they may have moved us. But by that time it was late at night and we just put up with it. Recommend checking everything out first before you unpack.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

No door on toilet! Also room was very hot, Need air con or a larger window to open.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was very comfortable and was cleaned daily. Shuttle service to the centre was excellent.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Not free parking despite the price of the room; not close to center. I would have gave score 9,5 to the hotel if it was not for the toilet door: out of semi-transparent glass (OK for see your wife taking a shower, but totally not OK to see her sitting on the toilet...)

Big room, bathroom with all what you need (including shaving kit), smartphone for free with Google Maps which you could take with you in the city. Amazing breakfast!

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Not many restaurants nearby. Would recommend eating in Rome.

Luxurious and comfortable room. large bed, lovely shower. Extremely friendly staff. Very convenient shuttle bus to central Roma. Supermarket just around the corner.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

If you travel independently, better travel with car. public transport is tricky, cheap but never punctual. Hotel is more like a 3 or 3.5 star rather than 4. But considering it's Rome, hotel is fairly good for the price.

Spacious room, air conditioner is good, good shower. Wifi very fast. Better staff and clean, comparing with most places in Rome.

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

• Junior Suite (2 Adults)

We were lucky enough to have some snacks and Proseco in our room but we're not sure if we could have them. So staff could have been clearer on that.

High end property at a good price.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

- A major minus for me - toilet door construction. Very strange soluton - door can not be fully closed. There is a gap between dor and wall. As result you can see a room from toilet through this gap. It's very uncomfortable when you not alone. - it was strange behaviour of restraunt staff: when we asked they to get our spagetti with us to room(it was a second dish and we were full) they show us his strange faces and did not comply our request when we were leaving a restaunt, but when we said to them about running cockroach under our table - they just took him in napkin and did not say to us anything (discount offer or even a simple sorry)

- big hotel; - beutiful and quality interior; - in general - good staff;

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• Suite (2 Adults)

The staff was a bit indifferent. Wifi coverage was not great.

Room size was good and it was good value for money. Even though most would consider location inconvenient the shuttle service they provide is very efficient.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

We arrived late. No minibar filled, just water, not even some snacks. Kitchen was closed. Room smells so very bad, that we need to change the room. Next room was very small, so we changed the room again next day. Air-condition in the room not works well. Breakfast was ok, not more. Building and room not well maintained. Nice people on the reception and on the bar. But not more. Environment not nice, just plastic flowers. Feels like a 2-Star Hotel but not like a 4-Star Barcelo Hotel, as we know it in other location.

Quiet by the night

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

Nothing ?

I slept in The suite And it was sooooo comfortable!!! Everything was perfect . If you walk a little you'll find the bus stop ( to go to the city center take 714 )

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

All the rooms that I booked could have been properly stocked, things that needed to be fixed had already been taken care of or let us know upon check-in. They could've offered us another room. Staff didn't communicate properly when it came to checking everyone in.

I liked that the staff was super friendly and able to answer any questions we had.

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

In our room the bathroom door was missing and the shower leaked over the floor.

The staff are extremely helpful and polite, a real pleasure to stay there.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

This is surely the best hotel I've ever stayed in Rome ! I tried IQ hotel too and it was excellent but Barcelò rooms are bigger and the suite in which I stayed was just Wow! And the price is just too perfect !

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The blackout roller blind on the window was damaged and its a pitty for such a room

The room was superb

• Superior Double or Twin Room

No swimming pool No good outside restaurants

Comfortable Clean

They lost electricity and water pressure. No hot water

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Pillows were little too hard for me

The bed was really comfortable... and breakfast selection was amazing

PLEASANT IN GENERAL

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Not much around the hotel, Needed a pool

The room The staff

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Distance from city center, but access to the hotel shuttle helps.

Excellent facility and great staff.

• Premium Superior Double or Twin Room

Bathroom doors were frosted but you could still make out if someone was using the facilities

Amazing breakfast

Nothing really

Liked most things

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff were rude, hard work with just getting a tea bag

The room was lovely

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Reasonable price for the awesome commodities they offer.

Just a little outside sound into the room, however no problem

Really nice staff, good breakfast, beautiful & large room. My favorite hotel in Rome

Good view from window

Nice inside

No breakfast for 80 Euro/night

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The bed wasn’t comfortable! The breakfast price is too expensive! 15€ per person

The room I was large and comfortable

• Superior Double or Twin Room

A world class 4 star hotel without hot water in the morning to get a shower. Simply a shame!!

• Premium Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast is a bit pricey

Friendly staff. Clean comfortable rooms

Alles was supper proper👍

Bathroom

Location, walking distance to our family Very good bed/ linen and clean Friendly staff Good breakfast

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was a bit too expensive. 10 euro would be more than enough.

No tissues in room

Nice comfortable room

Room very hot

• Suite (2 Adults)

Parking lot should be free

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed

Just location

The staff very kind

To far from city center

The bed and pillows

Towels had bad smell.

Breakfast was perfect. Room was clean and big.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

WiFi is too slow at the night, not even to send an e-mail.

Kind stuff, convenient location

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

No metro near just bus and is far away to buy a public transportation ticket

All was great