Reviews of Hotel Arena 3 stars

Via Verona 90, Colombare di Sirmione, 25019 Sirmione, Italy

#43 of 70 hotels in Sirmione

Beautiful Setting!
    • Basic Double Room with Window

It is a bit of a distance from the train station, and the buses don't run very regularly, so plan carefully or drive :) We waited 50 minutes for the bus at the Dessenzano station. Its about a 20 euro taxi if you don't want to catch a bus so take this into account. All in all, amazing hotel!

We really enjoyed our one night stay! The hotel is fantastic and has a beautiful setting :) The room was clean and had everything we needed! The staff were great and recommended restaurants to eat at in the area. The breakfast was good. We would definitely stay here again.

I like this hotel and will use it again if I travel there...

There was nothing I didn´t like. If I have to comment on anyting then It would be about the breakfast. The seletions might have been more.

I like this hotel and will use it again if I travel there again. It's easy to find, we could keep our car at the property and I felt safe kepping it there. The staff was polite and did all their best to meet my whishes. The room was clean and had everything I needed. Had balcony with chairs and tabel. The sviming pool on the roof is nice. The hotel is located just few minutes walk from a grocery stor. The breakfast was okey not much selection but what was offered was good. We were traveling with another cople and I asked for rooms closed to each other and we got rooms side by side. My experienc this is a small and cozy 3 star hotel.

Great spot to stay

Nothing it was fine

Very nice place to stay with warm welcoming hosts who were very helpful and had given us a room upgrade which was very much appreciated.

A very nice experience. The staff made me feel like a customer. Nothing was too much trouble
    • Basic Double Room with Window

Hard to improve. A bit of noise early in morning made by breakfast staff

Hotel exceptionally clean and great attention to detail Very attentive staff pleased to help Secure parking and plenty of space

Fabulous place and only wish we could hace stayed longer. Will definitely return.

Nothing that I can think of. I had originally thought we were on the Lakeside from the photos on Booking.com but the view was pleasant enough despite having to look across the road first.

It was very clean and comfortable with a balcony overlooking the Lakeside road and across to the water. We enjoyed our breakfast. There was a lot of choice. Parking was good.

Good value for money, helpful staff

Bit too much noise from the road (we had a room facing the lake). Coffee at breakfast from the machine was undrinkable, so on our second morning I bought a cappuccino from the hotel bar - much better!

Very helpful staff (an extra pillow and blanket no problem and a hotel umbrella lent for the day. Decent breakfast with nice variety.

A Great Hotel near a Beautiful Place
    • Basic Double Room with Window

The bed although large was hard/firm so not the most comfortable stay ( Tip I folded the duvet in half like a sleeping bag making it a bit softer) this wouldn't put me off just stopped it being a 10/10 score... Tea & Coffee making facility has no milk so if you like it take some small milk pods with you or get some from next door market. (I didn't ask for any so don't know if this would have been provided had I asked) Mini bar fridge is well stocked but only for hotel use they kindly ask you not to use it for your own items which I found a little strange but worked with it.. None of the above would stop me booking again as ALL in ALL a very happy and Pleasant stay

The Staff were friendly and welcoming, The gardens were kept beautifully neat so the hotel looked great. Rooms were spacious and spotlessly clean and cleaned every day . There is tea and coffee making facilities in your room and the breakfast is a more than adequate continental style one. a lot say the coffee machine isn't very good but I found the Cappuccino more fine while my wife had Americano coffee and added her own milk so no issues at breakfast at all. The roof top pool has some great views and is a good size however as October was a little cool to use it but still kept nice and clean. The Hotel has two lifts so access available to all floors if not able to use the stairs. The position of the hotel is good but for 2 able bodies walkers it takes 40 mins to Sirmione Castello with plenty of walking after that into the old town and up to the grotto which is well worth the walk (Grotto is Closed on Tuesdays recommend a dual ticket for Castello & Grotto ) The Hotel has Free Bikes (deposit payable) but we didn't use them as we drove up to park in the big car park near the centre. There is a Supermarket next door which has a cafe if you want any supplies or a snack. All in All a great find

Great hotel, good breakfast options, spacious rooms and convenient for buses and supermarket.
    • Basic Double Room with Window

Nothing.We would have loved to stay longer.

Excellent hotel with friendly & helpful staff. Varied selection of fresh fruit, cereals, breads, eggs, drinks etc for breakfast. Great location beside supermarket. Handy for buses as two stops just 10 - 15minutes walk away. Room was a good size, plenty of hanging space and shelves. TV some English speaking channels, tea/coffee making facility and fridge for chilling drinks. Bathroom had all the facilities you require. Spacious balcony with view of the lake. Swimming pool and sun loungers which seemed to be very popular with some of the residents. Overall a great hotel that we would go back to.

Price/quality for weekend stay in Sirmione.
    • Basic Double Room with Window

Good for weekend stay buy the lake. 2,5km from Sirmione. 100m to the beach (Porto Riel). Free bikes. Dog very friendly. Full in green. Always take the lake view rooms. Big terraces. Decent breakfast. Underground parking with elevator. Playground for kids.

Should get an award for the noisiest hotel, very moody male staff, indifferent female staff

Very very noisy, next door to two adjoined supermarkets, with lorries making deliveries all night starting in the very early hours, air con not really working well, with the balcony doors open to stay cool the lorries kept us awake. At the rear of the hotel (where our room was) there is a very large assortment of weekend type retreats, and the parties went on from 4pm until midnight,(so don,t bank on an afternoon siesta to make up for the poor night sleep) the music stopped then but the crowd went on drinking etc the music was very loud and a large fight broke out at 1am on the Tuesday night, the hotel staff had many complaints but just shrugged their shoulders and walked away, this must be a regular event as there was a mobile bar set up and proper seating for over 100 people, they made reference about calling the police if the music went on past midnight, so there has been some history of confrontation here, the party could not have been placed any nearer to the back of the hotel about 10 feet away, fully illuminated area. This was like an 18-30 disco, professional music system, people leave the hotel to escape the music, still heard 500 mtrs away!!! The rooms are not soundproofed as stated. When I paid my bill it should have been approx £953 at an agreed exchange of 1.050 euros , they charged 1,064,00 euros at an exchange rate near .91 euros making my bill £216 extra, not they make a special note that if you want to shorten your stay they will impose a charge for the room, I think this happens often, I have never seen this anywhere else

The hotel was clean, ample good food, readily replaced during breakfast, bikes were good.

This is a great 3* hotel, could actually be a 4*.

This is a great 3* hotel, could actually be a 4*. The room was very comfortable with good air conditioning and spotless. We have a large patio in teh garden which was nice and quite as teh front of teh hotel is on the main road to Sirmione. The breakfast was good with plenty to choice from. The bicycles are free and the cycle into the old part of Sirmione is very nice, 3 km so it not too short or too long. Would be a bit far to walk however. Staff are very friendly. The infinity pool on the roof is fantastic with a lovely view over the lake. Would like to return here.

A lovely location a stone's throw from the lake
    • Basic Double Room with Window

The lovely man at the desk in the evening, very kind and very accommodating. The staff was accommodating for the last minute travel changes and really enjoyed an extra night's stay. A beautiful view of the lake and we loved eating breakfast outside.

average Hotel

air condition was quite loud and not very efficient - with full power it was still too hot. The pool was quite small, it looked way bigger on the pictures, the towels had yellow spots

it was great to have bikes for free for rent

Amazing!!!
    • Comfort Triple Room

Amazing hotel, great facilities. The room service was great and Monica the hotel manager was so helpful. Very comfortable location and wonderful room with a lake view. We enjoyed our stay a ton. Recommend this hotel.

Mid touring holiday three day break.

Very easy to find. Ample onsite parking. Very pleasant and helpful staff. Lovely room with air conditioning and a balcony with Lake Guarda views. Very attractive roof top swimming pool. Very relaxed and good quality breakfast. Nearby restaurant and mini market which was very convenient.

This is a lovely, family friendly hotel with friendly staff.
    • Quadruple Room

The staff were extremely friendly. Good, bless hotel.

This is a lovely, family friendly hotel with friendly staff. Good value for money, would definitely recommend.

The perfect place for a relaxing weekend

I spent only 2 days there, I wish I could stay for more

The whole staff were very nice to us during our stay. The location is very nice, clean and quite. Also it was a great experience that when I arrived 2 hours earlier that the official check-in time I was able to get my room immediately. Also the receptionist mentioned that the room I booked through Booking.com is a smaller one without balcony, but they will give me a nicer (with balcony) for the same price and I didn't even ask for it. It was really nice from the hotel. I can't wait to go back.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Have already sent review !
    • Basic Double Room with Window

Weather ?!🙄😏if Staff could have influenced thisi am sure they would have tried

Have already sent review !🤔However hotel staff and facilities were first class . Stayed here previously and was such a pleasure to fond everything as good as before

Absolutely perfect

We stayed in this hotel for 4 nights and it was perfect.the staff were lovely,the hotel was beautiful and the location was amazing!nothing at all i could say bad about the hotel.will definitely be back in the future!

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Well worth it, recommend to anyone.

The bed was a bit hard and was two singles pushed together. There was an awful noise at night which we think was related to the pool drainage or the watercourse adjacent to our balcony.

Great facilities especially the rooftop pool, friendly courteous staff, great location. Cleanliness was very good.

- The room was modern and very clean

- A bit far to walk to Sirmione old town (40 min)

- The room was modern and very clean - Had access to the pool area - Good breakfast options - Spacious parking was available - Has a supermarket nearby

Nice hotel a bus ride away from Sirmione Old Town

I'd never been to Sirmione before and so had no idea you could stay in Sirmione but be an hour's walk (there is a bus) from the old town and the ferry port. The walk from the hotel is 800 m to the bus stop to pick up a bus and then change to the shuttle for Sirmione old town/ferry port. It takes about 30mins by bus to get to the ferry (as long as you know the bus timetable). Of course, this also means you can escape the tourist madness of the extremely popular town! I liked the hotel but thought it had the most unbelievably uncomfortable pillows! My friend - in her own room - agreed. My only criticism of the hotel that they can do anything about.

The hotel is very clean and the staff very friendly (I particularly found the dark haired woman behind reception in the morning and the man on reception at night helpful and extremely friendly). The pool is fantastic on the roof. The rooms are very clean and modern. Free bike hire, great for doing the Sirmione run. Lots to like about this hotel.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Excellent Hotel.

Nothing everything was what we wanted.

The Hotel was clean, staff very friendly and helpful. Hotel was in a wonderful position for exploring Lake Garda also to Venice. Train ride direct in to Centre.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Nice Family Run Hotel with friendly staff

Could not fault this Hotel. Breakfast could be improved with more Veg options.

Comfy beds, friendly staff, great views of the Lake from our room. Fantastic location south of the lake in Sirmione, very close to restaurants. WiFi was great. Best part right next to Migros supermarket. So we were able to purchase local produce (olive oil, spices, wine and more). Will definitely visit and recommend this hotel. Parking is free. Air Conditioning and Heating works well. Lovely views of Lake Garda. Reasonably priced and nice clean rooms.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Nice and modern looking rooms
    • Quadruple Room

The location is maybe not the best if you have small children.

Nice and modern looking rooms Our family room Was like a small appartment. Pool in the roof Okey breakfast for Beeing in italy Large balcony with table and chairs

Very nice accomodation close to the lake
    • Basic Double Room with Window

Parking place is a bit tight.

The breakfast was so good, staff was very friendly. The view from the top of the hotel is very nice. They have a pool from May-Sept.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

A super clean and comfortable hotel at the foot of Sirmione.
    • Basic Double Room with Window

A nice modern hotel, Super clean with very comfortable rooms and beds. It offers a bountiful continental breakfast. 40 minutes walk to Sirmione centre and castle or 8 minutes walk to the shuttle bus that takes you to the centre. Located just 5 minutes walk to the bus station that takes you to and from the train station. Bus number LN026. A bus that can can take you up to Brescia or Verona for just Euro 4.00c

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Very pleasant stay in Sirmione
    • Quadruple Room

It is not far from Sirmione center but having children it is better to use the car to go there. The hotel does not have a restaurant.

The hotel does not have a restaurant but there are many in the nearby. So this is not a real problem. Bikes are available for free at the hotel: very nice service to reach Sirmiofe center and ride along the lake.

Great facilities
    • Quadruple Room

Our "View" was of the car park and street. Not Lake Garda. Needs to be clarified what is meant by "view". We were not in Sirmione. Not happy that all the photos on booking.com for a 4 person comfort room (2 adjoined rooms) included a balcony and in some cases a settee/bed. We had 2 Cell like rooms with no balcony but bedding for 5 (3 small single beds and a double) and a bath room unfit for claustrophobics. Reception informed us when we enquired if this was the best we would get that only some rooms had the better set up and priority went to longer stays. We were there for 5 nights! Booking.com needs to make this point clearer so when we book and choose what we think we will get, that is what we will get, even if it costs more!

Free Bikes (essential for getting to Sirmione). Plenty of parking. Very nice roof top pool. Supermarket close by. Helpfulness of Front Desk Staff.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Hotel not exceptional, Italian landscape beautiful.

Bed and pillows hard. Advert said rooms are soundproof, they are not. Noisy disturbed sleep. Initial response from owners was to suggest I could leave but would need to pay 2 extra days for leaving early. They did however come round and offered me a different room, which proved to be a little quieter. Substantial distance to stops if using bus services. You are crammed in like sardines, generally having to stand for the whole journey.

Pool was very cold, but once the initial shock had worn off, was ok.

• Reviewed: 12 September 2016

More of a B&B than a hotel

The general attitude. There were a lot of negative "rules" For example, the information sheet in the room stated that the guest could not put personal purchases in the fridge in room! We like milk with our tea and so we are prohibited to put a milk carton in the fridge. There was also a notice in the breakfast room prohibiting the removal of any food from the breakfast room, I thought this petty. There was no restaurant, so lunch or dinner was not available. The was a stream flowing by the side of the hotel out to the port, a wee bit smelly, or perhaps the smell was coming from the large communal refuse bins to be found on the other side of the stream, close to the hotel.

Car park facility Small patio accessible through French door from room [ we had a "superior" room.] Swimming pool, but re did not get around to using it. Garden was pretty.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Very good hotel, location and service
    • Comfort Triple Room

Hotel offer good breakfast, but whole week the same sort of foods is there. It would be good to have little bit change in the offer.

Hotel offer bike rental free of charge which was not announced. This is nice when you want to explore Sirmione or near by beaches.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Really good
    • Basic Double Room with Window

We had a room next to the entrance,and there were tables next to the window.We couldnt leave the window open at night and the room was dark.Breakfast was good,but coffee machine makes horrible coffee.dont try it!

The room was clean,well equipped,wifi worked properly.The hotel has free bikes,the centre of Sirmione is 30min by bike.The pool and the view from the roof is excellent.The staff was nice,they helped us every time we asked.There is a supermarket and some good restaurants next to the hotel.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

Small, quiet, convenient hotel for a few days and nights

Breakfast quite simple: only one sort of cheese, bread, and worst of all: no drinkable coffee! Had to take my own Maxwell instant coffee...

Double room and double bed were big enough. Small fridge and water-cooker, shower but no bath. Safe in room, no fee. Sat-TV with many foreign channels and hundreds of Italian shopping garbage. Small pool on the roof. Location quite ok, 2-3 km from Sirmione old town, nice to walk along the Garda See or take inexpensive Navetta Bus. Big supermarket as neighbour, but hotel is still quiet. Beaches also in walking distance.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Fantastic hotel. Great pool. Perfect location.
    • Superior Quadruple Room

Breakfast is standard european. Not to my taste but i always found something. Its not an issue. When in rome!

Hard to fault. Great hotel and very nice clean rooms. Great staff. Just ask for a lake view and avoid ground floor if possible. Use a hotel bike to get around as its flat and free to use. Roof top pool is fantastic. Supermarket like you find in the uk is a stones throw away. Very handy. Lots of lake side bars and restaurants in walking distance. Perfect spot for travel as buses are good and train station to milan or venice is in the next town. Hire a speed boat or get a boat around the lake.

Nice stay for 2 nights

Poor breakfast, little bit far from the old town - 1 hour walk, if possible take a bicycle - 10-15min.

Value for money, garage parking included, swimmingpool on roof, beds were comfy,there is a supermarket next to the hotel, old town is beautiful

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

Definitely recommended
    • Standard Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

It is a very nice hotel close to the lake, a 30-minute walk from Sirmione and about 30 minutes by car from Gardaland and Movieland. The room was small but clean. The staff (esepecially the lady receptionist and the cleaning ladies) were pleasant and talkative. The breakfasts were fine, but they were the same every day. The swimming pool on the roof is pleasant. There is a huge supermarket right next to the building.

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

fantastic stay

had a great week. got up graded to lake view, booked in earlier, clean , trendy rooms, great roof top pool area , lovely breakfast, & staff friendly & helpful, would go back

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

Everything is excelent staff and the hotel
    • Comfort Triple Room

I didn't like that the check out time was 10:30AM We didn't have time to rest and get ready. I prefer if the check out time was like all other hotels

Everything is excelent staff and the hotel

the location and the staff were great
    • Standard Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

the air conditioner was really loud and old, we were really hot

the location and the staff were great

Nice hotel.

Nice hotel.friendly staff .breakfast was nice .

It was everything that I imagined it to be - we had a...

It was everything that I imagined it to be - we had a fabulous holiday celebrating my 60 th Birthday. Thank you Hotel Arena

Opposite lake

Too far out if Sirmione

Opposite lake

Perfect holiday. Would happily come back to this hotel.

Great Hotel. Loved the pool and the breakfast. The fridge in the room was useful. Air con great. Perfect location.

Great hotel, amazing staff, awesome views and pool.
    • Basic Double Room with Window

Great hotel, amazing staff, awesome views and pool.

Beds were hard.

Beds were hard. Rooms were small. Breakfast was so-so. Hauling bags up and down 3 flights of stairs not fun

Very good place
    • Basic Double Room with Window

Tasty breakfast, great garage, clean room, comfortable room with balcony, close to lake and good restaurants

Very good brekfast

Very good brekfast

i won't come back anymore and i won't recommend this hotel to my friend or anyone.
    • Basic Double Room with Window

the attitude and the service of two staffs( two ladies) are pretty unfriendly and wifi was't working.

Breakfasts were good

Breakfasts were good

Great convenient place to stay

All very pleasing

Good breakfast, great room with huge balcony, friendly staff

Good breakfast, great room with huge balcony, friendly staff

Will return
    • Comfort Triple Room

Very kind staff and considerate , super clean rooms and a good selection of breakfast

great location & breakfast

great location & breakfast clean & new, i will definitely recommend this hotel

All

Useless internet

All

Overall was very nice. Most likely would stay again.

Shower was small.

Loved the fact that we had a patio out the back. Hotel was extremely well maintained. Pool area was nice.

Great location, bicycles for free, big free parking area.

Great location, bicycles for free, big free parking area.

Very good.
    • Quadruple Room

Unfortunately breakfast room is to small so we had to wait for a table.....

Sound proof room despite traffic outside.

Very clean and nice room , nice garden and swimming pool.
    • Standard Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Very clean and nice room , nice garden and swimming pool. The stuff is very freindly and only 2 min walk from the lake

Great location, friendly staff, comfortable accomodation,...
    • Basic Double Room with Window

Great location, friendly staff, comfortable accomodation, good breakfast

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

LOCATION.

THICK PRINTED BED COVER. I REMOVED IT..

LOCATION. BREAKFAST IS GOOD ENOUGH TO FILL YOU UP FOR WALKING AND SIGHT SEEING

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

Very nice stay 100% recommended
    • Comfort Triple Room

a bit disturbing is the street nearby

Location and beds

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Staff very welcoming despite our arrival at 0200

Staff very welcoming despite our arrival at 0200

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Great Stay.

Beds are hard for American standards.

Location. Best breakfast. Underground parking. Clean.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

Receptionist not very friendly.

Receptionist not very friendly. location on a busy road.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Excellent home for visiting lake of garda.

The location is excellent. All is clean.

• Reviewed: 13 September 2016

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

Very clean in all areas, good location for exploring area.

Family room was a bit small

Very clean in all areas, good location for exploring area.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Nice hotel clean and comfortable.

Comfortable room. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Staff at hotel were great and we had a fab holiday

Proper coffee in the morning instead of out of a machine, it was pretty awful!!

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

Excellent!

Excellent! Very clean! Beautiful view! Very friendly staff! Go for it!

• Reviewed: 29 May 2016

Spotlessly clean.

Spotlessly clean. Towels,bed linen and room. Well done cleaning staff. Staff very friendly and helpful . Salvadore always had a kind word and friendly smile. Breakfast was very good.

• Reviewed: 28 May 2016

Clean comfortable room with plenty of cupboard space.

The fridge didnt work in our room when we got there but it was soon fixed. We didn't have breakfast included so I can't comment on that.

Clean comfortable room with plenty of cupboard space. The view of the lake from the balcony was good. The hotel was next to a supermarket and down the road was the local bus stop which was convenient.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2016

The breakfast was good with lots of choices!

There was confusion between the room that was on Booking.com and the one we received. After a little time we got another room that suited us better.

The breakfast was good with lots of choices!

• Reviewed: 27 October 2015

The pool area on the roof was a plus.

The beds are rock hard! One staff member was exceptionally rude and grumpy during our stay for several days. Maybe he owns the place, I don't know, but if so, he really needs to work on his appearance. Not a service minded guy, to put it mildly. Had no problems with any other person in Italy. Italians seem like nice people.

The pool area on the roof was a plus. The easy access to bicycles and only 10 minutes ride to the heart of Sirmione.

There are also 24 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hotel Arena traveller photo gallery