Reviews of Astoria Park Hotel Spa Resort 4 stars

Viale Trento 9, 38066 Riva del Garda, Italy

#23 of 59 hotels in Riva del Garda

• Superior Triple Room

Breakfast was outstanding! Some of the staff were very helpful and friendly. The hotel is lovely and clean and the pool area was immaculate. Can not fault the hotel or staff. Fantastic place to stay x

• Superior Double or Twin Room

room and the extortionate price they charge for it. I paid a little over £170 per night, and for that price I expect a reasonably sized room (not small where you have to jump over luggage to get around)… I expect air conditioning that works (especially in a very hot month of May)… I expect a decent view that does not overlook the main road and the car park (a nightmare to park here, by the way)... I expect an actual double bed and not two single beds when I booked a double room… I also expect to be able to move around comfortably in the bathroom and not have to maneuverer around the door, squeeze past the sink in order to get to a shower that is dirty with doors that do not shut properly. I also expect to have toiletries that are not watered down and just pass through my fingers like water from the tap. This room was described as “superior” in my booking and it is anything but. If I was being charged £100 a night, I wouldn’t have that much of a problem. As it is, this hotel is hugely overpriced. I stayed in similar priced hotels throughout my week in Italy and had unbelievable experiences. Stunning views, stunning service and stunning rooms. This hotel was the complete opposite of that and would not recommend this hotel at all. I had an automated email from the hotel after departure and was asked to give feedback. I did this and the response I got was to speak to someone on reception. Not easy to do when I have already checked out and travelled on. And not very encouraging when the staff on reception were not helpful or accommodating. I have had no response since, which (to me at least) demonstrates how little they think of their guests.

Brilliant breakfast. Food in general was great. Most of the staff were helpful and very friendly around the hotel - the reception staff were not friendly or welcoming or helpful. Good location.

• Superior Triple Room

Good breakfast if you arrive early enough, parking is free but chaotic, wellness area for additional 25 Euro per person and day is expensive

Good location, 15 minutes walk to the lake, friendly staff, great pool area, big rooms, the hotel is ideal for families with kids and dogs

• Double or Twin Room - Annex

No... all in all this hotel met our expectations

Pretty big hotel with clean and big rooms and comfy beds. Breakfast is THE highlight!!! Make your own fresh juice if you want :-) We´ll be happy to come again!

• Double or Twin Room - Annex

everything else the bed was not a large double it was too singles so in theory every room is a twin room. the room was the noisest I have ever tried to sleep in. the visit was a return visit but wish we had not bothered as the hotel does not like one night stayers

plenty choice at breakfast

• Double or Twin Room

We stayed here as part of my mothers 50th birthday celebration. All the staff were excellent and very attentive. We used the spa facilities which were excellent and we ate in the restaurant one night and the food was fantastic. The best meal we ate during our stay. I would definitely recommend and would stay here again if i were to return to lake Garda.

• Double or Twin Room - Annex

Everything was perfect starting from checking in until the checking out Especially the spa and the massage there is a gorgeous lady her name is Sonya She reminded me of my Ex GF I really enjoyed it

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Noisy hotel at a main road in rather bad condition the rooms. Worn parquett, torn curtain, loud aircondition in the night. Missing black out currain so impossible to make darkness, waiking up with sun. The hotel is maximum 3 star, based on the rooms.

Nice breakfast and garden. The staff is very polite and helpfull. Free parking.

• Superior Triple Room

few small things that are actually not working, but are making the stay uncomfortable - you can not open the door properly on your room - when you leave the room, the door does not close on your room. So you always have to close it with strngth and check it twice - flush on the toilet - We had to pay for the SPA area extra, but there is no jacuzi

• Double or Twin Room - Annex

Guests need to change in the room and go to the spa through the cold street in the robe and slippers

Very friendly personnel, good breakfast, access to spa, garage

• Premium Double or Twin Room

Sad was, that children below 14 only have access to the indoor pool / wellness area in the morning between 10-12 o'clock and that this was of extra charge (10 € per day of usage). This wasn't transparent during booking process.

Service within the Hotel was great. Friendly, polite and always available. Language problems didn't occur (EN/DE/IT) were no problem.

• Double or Twin Room - Annex

The long walk from reception to infinity walking through the bar to our room There was confusion about parking which we required ,but this was addressed later on site with the staff about wanting secure on site parking we were offered on street but owned by hotel parking then a lengthy hike to our room right at the rear of the property .which would have been a lot shorter if the car was parked under the building we were in Unable to turn down the air conditioning to make the room cooler we found it quite warm . Feed back to hotel via their web site got immediate results and cleared up some issues but not others .good experience otherwise .

Breakfast was awesome good variety of food both hot and cold continental choices

• Double or Twin Room - Annex

Since this is a big property some of the rooms are a bit of a walk from the lobby.

I agree with many of the other reviewers, awesome breakfast. For our group of 10 cyclists (they have a locked bike storage area) we loved that we could easily walk into the heart of Rive del Garda in minutes.

If it was possible to give an 11, then we would give an extra bonuspoint for this hotel being the dog friendliest hotel in Italy. The garden is beautiful and the walk path around it is excellent!

• Superior Triple Room

A line to get in to the breakfast, all the tankes were full and you would have to wait for a table. Next door three was a room full of tables they wouldnt use so we would have to sit outside in the cold. And 50% of all the things in the breakfast was not retfilled unless you Said something. The information was not clear before arriving that the indoor pool only was for children from 10-12 am and costs 10€ per person. And the outdoor pool was freezing. We told this to the straff because whe have a daughter that is very sensitive to cold but they couldnt make an acception. It was not a good stay. But the city Riva del garda was amazing.

The girl in the bar was so nice!

• Superior Triple Room

Poor maintenance in what was supposed to be a superior room. Loose skirting board, wobbly toilet seat, hair dryer fell off wall and stopped working after 5 mins. Uncomfortable seats/sofa bed. No umbrella on terrace. Staff in restaurant too busy to serve coffees. Professional but a bit unfriendly.

Superb setting and lovely quiet pool even in main season. Attractive resort and hotel. Free upgrade to a premium suite.

• Superior Triple Room

We booked this hotel, as there was parking, but it was always full. However there was a free car park on waste ground just over the road so it worked out ok.

Lovely informal hotel, rooms comfy and clean. Swimming pool area good and breakfast good.

• Double or Twin Room - Annex

We were sitting in the garden near the pool with our 8 month baby. My wife went up to the life guard to ask for a sunshade / parasol because it was +30 degrees. He refused to assist and said she should move to a sunbed with a parasol. We were shocked, so I went up to the life guard and said what the problem is, he reacted grumpy and said in this case you can pick one up yourself, as these parasols have a concrete block they are very heavy. Life guard did not help to move it, so i moved it myself. Later end of the day I saw the lifeguard moving the parasols with a special trolley on wheels. Disgraceful to offer no assistance to a woman with a baby and treat your guests like this. We will never visit this hotel anymore and do not recommend anybody to visit it.

Location is 10m walk into Garda

• Double or Twin Room - Annex

We were told pool was open until 8pm. We went to the pool at 6:30 and bought some drinks. Pool attendant knocked one of our full drinks over and left it on the floor, then told us pool was closing at 7!

Room was lovely and clean, they upgraded our room for free. Parking was ideal. Pool was nice. Receptionist was nice

• Double or Twin Room

The menu for the restaurant was very limited and the food was too pretty and not particularly healthy or flavoursome.. too expensive for the quality. The breakfast was good. The bar menu and food was very poor- soggy sandwiches and terrible dry pizza. Typically the service was very good but the main bar man lacked charisma. The pianist was also very good.

The Spa was nice

• Premium Double or Twin Room

The overall place was great and in excellent condition but I felt that the room was quote basic for the price we paid, but them breakfast made it up for the price =)

We loved the location overviewing the mountain and the beautiful gardens. We also really appreciate the fact that the hotel made sure we had vegan options for breakfast in the buffet so they brought us vegan cheese, tofu, vegan ham and soya milk which we have never gotten anywhere else, so we felt really spoilt. We travel often and this is the first hotel that actually read the notes where I requested vegan options for breakfast. I highly recommend this hotel

This is great for families! The pool area was beautifully done, with magnificent views to surrounding mountains. The hotel was very good, good staff and very suitable for children of all ages.

Zero wifi despite what's advertised. No plugs at all in rooms for charging etc. Staff have no personalities. Overall lovely hotel but little things let it down. Tried to overcharge three times for pool side drinks so be careful! Sorry drive to town. Car park advertised as free, however only 15 spaces, once filled it's €10 per night for adjoining car park

Clean

• Double or Twin Room

Parking can be quite a tricky, also place requires some walking to center of Riva del Garda (10-15min). Staff was "okay", good be better. I ordered at the breakfast a cappuccino, and I'm still waiting for it...never got it, although everyone other did.

Quite a nice facilities, and great pool area. Overall clean places, and breakfast was outstanding.

• Premium Double or Twin Room

The best hotel we have been on booked through Booking.com Everyone was so nice and the room perfect! Well functioning air conditioner in the room, beautiful park with a big pool. Good breakfast!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Excellent breakfast, but also a very good and not that expensive a-la-carte. Laundry service works well, and the quality of rooms is well above what you might encounter in Italy. Overall, a pleasant stay with nothing to criticize, really.

• Superior Triple Room

Checking in I felt was a bit abrupt but I put this down to lack of good English by the staff. Although the parking underground was 10 euros and would be excellent value except it is too far from the hotel and having driven through a thunderstorm with hale stones it's location meant having to dodge the rain and puddles on the ground as it was not fully covered.

Good rooms - excellent gardens and pool facilities. Superb breakfast. Massage and Spa excellent but it would be better if access to spa was free if you didn't have a massage.

• Double or Twin Room - Annex

Parking quite a distance from the rooms unless you pay 10 euros for garage parking.

Large comfortable clean modern rooms. Air conditioning. Fantastic breakfast!

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Double or Twin Room - Annex

For evening time, The restaurant might have been nicer if the room was divided for a la carte clients, a bit more intimate, perhaps candles on tables

I appreciated being moved to an upgraded room as I booked 4 months ago and it was a special occasion

• Double or Twin Room - Annex

Bed was rock hard and room was clean but no shelves in bathroom a bit annoying. Staff were a bit slow

Not far from centre, clean and lovely choice for breakfast

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel is quite expensive relate to other places in Riva del Garda, and seems a little overpriced when you consider that our room was fairly basic and didnt have a balcony (just a poor view out to the bus station), it's a good 25min walk to the Lake which meant we probably didnt spend as much time doing lake activities than originally planned and if you don't manage to get one of the free parking spaces it costs 10 euro per day. This actually meant we didnt use our hire car the entire time to avoid losing our spot!

The Astoria is an impressive looking hotel with a great buffet breakfast (lots of selection and nice coffee!) We enjoyed eating the wine taster menu in the restaurant on our first night and felt that 49 euro was a very reasonable price for the experience. Particularly enjoyed the Dodo cocktail! The pool area is nice and relaxed with plenty of loungers and the staff are very helpful. If you are looking to stay in the hotel and use the facilities a lot, I'd recommend this place.. if you want to be closer to the action of the Lake then you may want to be closer to the coast.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

There is no Kettle for Tea & Coffee in the bedroom. But, it didn't really matter very much as everything about the Hotel was excellent.

The design and quality of the Hotel was very well thought out. The staff were very professional and friendly. Breakfast every day had every choice imaginable all in an enormous help yourself buffet. Often, the weather was so good that we ate our Breakfast outside - it was superb. The outdoor pool was incredibly clean. The bar had a great range of drinks available and a "special" cocktail called Dodo, that is delicious.

• Premium Double or Twin Room

One of the worst mattress and pillow I have ever seen, maybe the worst. Very uncomfortable, made our sleep impossible.

Very nice swimming pool and garden. Really friendly personnel

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The bed was a bit hard and the room was a bit hot, air con wasn't very good. Balcony furniture wasn't great

Breakfast was excellent. The outdoor pool and spa were also lovely. Staff were very helpful. Cocktails were amazing. Atmosphere in the hotel was nice and relaxing. Hotel very easy to get to on the bus.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• Premium Double or Twin Room

Didn't Like the fact that Dogs were allowed in the Restaurant I don't Mind Dogs in the Hotel But NEVER IN THE RESTAURANT

We only had Breakfast there and it was Excellent with lots of choice for all tastes

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

• Premium Double or Twin Room

The staff did not seem to be organised and were not that helpful. The gave us keys to the wrong room to start with. We were served mouldy olives in the bar and the spa staff could not speak a word of English so got very confusing.

The hotel grounds were lovely. The spa is relaxing and the breakfast had plenty of choice.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Rooms on one side of the hotel are on a very noisy street Rooms close to each other, so noisy neighbours can be a problem Breakfast area feels a bit like a school hall - could be improved with partitions Rooms due for refurbishment

Very friendly and helpful staff Lovely gardens where you can spread a blanket and enjoy a picnic Bicycles for use by hotel guests Social spa area Close to centre of town Indoor and outdoor swimming pool (although the outdoor pool was still closed in April and the indoor pool could only be used by children under 16 between 10:00 and 12:00 every day)

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room - Annex

Parking lot was packed it took me a lot of time to get by and I had to wait for a space

Good location, very nice staff, great room and view and a very tasty meals

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel is located by some noisy roads and overall it is not very remarkable. Maybe the experience is better if you use the SPA (which we didn't). Breakfast had a lot of options, but most of it seemed to be of bad quality for Italian standards.

Polite staff, clean room.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

• Premium Double or Twin Room

There was nothing not to like.

Excellent hotel spotlessly clean and modern. Great location easy walking distance to centre. All staff extremely friendly and helpful. Would definetly stay again.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

• Premium Double or Twin Room

we spend very great time in the hotel, it was very spacey, bright, warm (for our trip in January it was really good) and comfortable room. we enjoyed so much spa, dinner and breakfast there.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

• Premium Double or Twin Room

The room was really really hot even for winter, we had to open the door for at least 20minutes to cool down enough.

Everyone was really friendly, breakfast was amazing, so many options. Great to look out at the mountains whilst eating breakfast.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

• Premium Double or Twin Room

Hotel is a 20 mins walk from riva del garda centre. Not sure if i would rate this as a 4 start hotel.... maybe a 3 star The room we stayed in was in a completely different building and if you were to use the spa, you will have to walk through dining areas and reception in your robe and slippers... Stayed for 4 nights. Tried to book a couple massage on day 2 and they didnt have any availability till check out day as they didnt have 2 masseuse readily available.

Had the couple's massage which was lovely. Really enjoyed the spa area Very good selection for breakfast

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room - Annex

Rooms facing the street are very noisy, windows have inadequate insulation and additionally there is noise from fans during the night.

Excellent breakfast choice. Very clean and tidy. Comfortable beds. On-site parking facilities. Nice park. Friendly even if a bit inexperienced staff.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

• Superior Triple Room

A small comment to booking.com. Swimming pool price was not included which I did not realise at time of booking.

Varied breakfast and delicious. The view from the balcony 💛

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

• Premium Double or Twin Room

AC in our rooms did not work. Rooms very hot. If you opened windows,mosquitos were biting.

Facility was wonderful. Rooms clean. Close to everything, but away from crowds and noise. Breakfast was wonderful. So much to choose from. Great value.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Superior Triple Room

Wi Fi didn't work and whilst the room was quite good our balcony simply faced a wall!

Nice hotel with very good Spa. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Can't think of anything

Friendly staff. Huge variety of breakfast on offer . Complimentary afternoon tea was a great touch. One of the cleanest hotel bedrooms and bathrooms I've stayed in. Lovely pool and good location.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

• Premium Double or Twin Room

Though advertised as a "double" bedroom, as if with a double bed (hence the specific icon on the web page), there are only single beds put together. For personal reasons this was a major problem for me, even if the staff helped adapting the beds as much as possible.

Friendly and helpful staff. Great breakfast.

The pool was a little chilly and the wi fi was a bit patchy, but I was happy to be without the internet for a week.

Breakfast had lots of choices that would cater for anyone. All staff were very friendly and helpful. The views are spectacular!!

• Reviewed: 12 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room - Annex

The key card did not work so back to the metal key air conditioning could of been better

Very nice relaxing feel to this hotel well worth a stay just 20 mins walk into riva the staff are First class the room very clean and tidy the breakfast was continental but lots to choose from the pool was great nice bar/food again staff top quality the spa was of high standard according to my wife prices at the restaurant were a little above riva prices but the quality was amazing I don't think anyone would be disappointed with a stay at the atoria

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Air con was exceptionally poor on a hot day. Takes 15 mins to walk to town. Good if it wasnt sweltering hot. Windows small for my room which was a shame as couldnt enjoy the view throughout my stay. Mentioned few issues with the room to the staff and they didnt look really bother in getting anything rectified. will be looking elsewhere for my next stay at lake garda unfortunately.

Breakfast average but that was prob the only highlight of my stay. Free wifi. Free car park. Restaurant staff were the friendliest during the stay at the hotel.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• Premium Double or Twin Room

Occassionally service at the bar was a little slow due to a lack of serving staff.

The service from the staff was exemplary, and nothing was too much trouble.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

• Superior Triple Room

Open more doors in and out of the hotel, sometimes in the mornings when you want to walk the dog I had to go through the breakfast area. Other than that nothing.

cocktail menu and spa

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

• Premium Double or Twin Room

We had just got married and requested a honeymoon suite. We were given a small room in the annex with no balcony and a view of a wall. We asked for an upgrade but the lady at the desk said That we had to pay so we paid the extra. It amounted to over €200 per night per room. The room was terrible for the price. Small room. Hard bed that gave me backache. Very small wardrobe that could only fit one persons clothes in. Strange positioned shower. The receptionists were terrible. Not very accommodating and not helpful. The pool bar was extremely expensive for very poor food and drink.

The Buffett breakfast was excellent although the waiting on staff were very random. Sometimes taking you to a set table, sometimes getting you a coffee, sometimes not bothered. Free bikes - but only for 3 hours, so you couldn't spend the day out at the lake? Free secure parking.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

poor shower - screen far too small resulting in a very wet floor toilet seat loose no bin in bedroom very poor wifi and complicated to join from our room not enough plug sockets and impossible to plug more than one travel adapter in as sockets designed for slim Italian plugs our daughters' room faced the local church and they were woken regularly by the bells from 7am onwards

good breakfast choice spa use pool views

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

Hard bed and sterile rooms. Approx 15 min walk to town center.

Great breakfast, helpful staff and free parking. Nice area and park around the hotel. Quiet.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Poor Wifi. The basic rooms in the older part of the hotel should be upgraded and modernised.

The rooms are spacious and comfortable, but a bit dated. There are different types of rooms in the new and older parts of the hotel. The rooms with balconies, overlooking the garden are far nicer than basic doubles! It's worth to upgrade your room if you can. Staff was very friendly, welcoming and helpful - cocktails in the hotel bar were amazing, definitely try the flavoured frozen margaritas :) Breakfast was nice also. However the best about the hotel was its swimming pool, which is set in a garden with beautiful views of mountain scenery. Good location. Free parking was a bonus!

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Premium Double or Twin Room

Air conditioning in room did not work effectively. Reception staff were informed on more than one occasion, however, the problem was not rectified. Will not be returning to this hotel

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Superior Triple Room

Rooms for three people a bit small, especially when travelling with older kids and lots of suitcases ;-) Clearly flag (real) family rooms when booking

Very pet friendly, cool staff, home atmosphere, large breakfast buffet

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room - Annex

Our room was unexceptable for a 4* hotel, very small with no room to put our clothes away, had to live out of our cases. The aircondition didn't work in the bathroom.

The pool and garden are lovely, very friendly staff, breakfast very good, although the coffee wasn't up to a 4* hotel.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

• Premium Double or Twin Room

Dinner menu a little bit pricey.

Excellent, always courteous and helpful staff; very clean and comfortable; lovely,well-managed pool area; good breakfast choice;nice bar area.

• Reviewed: 9 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Nice breakfast and good location (15 or so mins walk to centre of riva). Good air conditioning in room kept it cool. Bar service in evening fine and staff were friendly and helpful. Didn't visit pool so not sure what that was like

• Reviewed: 8 July 2016

• Premium Double or Twin Room

Parking, the website said there was no need to reserve but there was no room when we arrived. There is a public carpark over the road but it isn't secure.

Every staff member, from reception to cleaning, was helpful AND cheerful. Breakfast was excellent, dinner at the restaurant was great, garden was beautiful. Our room was a good size, very clean and the bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room - Annex

Wifi: not very reliable and always had to log in etc. and didn't always work. mattress: mattress was very hard to sleep on- not very comfortable.

location: across the road from bus station, very handy if you are travelling by bus up the lake. 10 min walk to Riva town. Pool: big pool with lots of chairs and a lovely breeze in the afternoons! surrounded by lovely gardens. Breakfast: huge choice of breakfast items to eat! Spa: really relaxing spa with treatments at a reasonable price. Room: very clean and robes and slippers are provided! Very friendly and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Premium Double or Twin Room

The airconditioning didn't work in one of our rooms. Staff tried to fix it but it took time.

the breakfast was amazing. Having a pool was exciting in the warm weather.

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

• Premium Double or Twin Room

Location was 15 minutes from the center of Riva. Room was spacious but lacked character, but very good value for money.

Staff very friendly, breakfast was great, such choice. Cafe bar excellent, especially the staff

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

• Superior Triple Room

This hotel is good for two people business travel our old people, family two adults with two childrens can't stay there!!!! We have two separate bed,and one extra bed in one small room. It was two expensive for that quality!

Very helpfull and polite personal. Clean, good breakfast, good location, good internet, good swiming pool.

Great breakfast, nice staff

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The soap and shampoo were extremely dilute. Never experienced this before!

Toddler-friendly location

• Double or Twin Room - Annex

WIFI wasn't great in room but was good at reception

Lovely modern hotel great breakfast fab spa

All good

Good staff great room good breakfast choice spa facilities very goid

• Double or Twin Room - Annex

Everything was great; spa, breakfast, rooms, the bar during the day (pool) and at night, the great and super friendly and helpful service!

• Superior Triple Room

Breakfast and we got the triple room and it was great and large..the people there are kind and welcoming

• Room Selected at Check-In