Reviews of B&B Old Florence Inn

Largo Fratelli Alinari 11, San Lorenzo, 50123 Florence, Italy

#294 of 536 B&Bs and Inns in Florence

Based on 565 B&B reviews

Great stay in central location

This was a great little spot near the train station. The area is a bit chaotic (being near SMN) but the room was silent and overall the location made it so easy for a quick stay in Firenze in regards to transport and seeing the city. The room was larger than I expected and even though we were 3 in one room, we felt like we had plenty of space. The beds were comfortable and room and bathroom was spotless. Totally recommend staying here, especially for a quick trip in Florence.

Should be called a "Bed", not "Bed & Breakfast"

Breakfast was a waste of time and money...horrible! Nothing fresh. Dry pre packaged food with fake juice.

Location is great. Close to main train station and a short walk to centre town

Good location, close to train station. Secure and comfortable.

I didn't like the breakfast. Everything pre packed and in your room the day before. We didn't eat the breakfasts and ended up going out. If there had been an option not to have I would have Chen that. Otherwise everything else good.

Location was great, not far from the train station. Away from the crowds but close enough to walk everywhere. Nice and quiet and clean and comfortable.

Needs updating

It needed sprucing up and was dirty in parts especially around the outside of the shower cubicle

It's location was spot on, short walking distance to all the attractions

An excellent place to stay in Florence.

A lovely hotel, very close to the station. A continental breakfast is provided in the room each day. There is also a coffee machine which you can use at any time.

I would pick another hotel next time

The bathroom was very small. The shower didn’t have enough water pressure . The breakfast was boring and every day the same. The same bread, cheese. We left one towel on the floor to be replaced and the same one was hag up when we got back. They didn’t make the bed (didn’t put the bed cover on in one of the beds and they didn’t even folded it ) . The construction around the hotel is awful , noisy . The towels were rough and old.

Location was good. It has reception (front desk) . They have a Coffee room.

Just near by the station, and I feel safe to stay in here.

Just near by the station, and I feel safe to stay in here. I really appreciate to let us early check-in at 9am, although the time isn’t we had communicated before. This feels valuable especially when getting a seriously sick while traveling, thanks the host a lot!

Location was amazing, next to train station and few blocks...

Bathroom was insanely small.

Location was amazing, next to train station and few blocks from main attractions. Host was welcoming. Soundproof windows worked perfect. Decoration was nice.

Lovely quiet room, comfortable bed - opening windows. But needed another power point.

The breakfast was terrible. Croissants made with palm oil - I do not think orangutans habitat should be destroyed to provide palm oil for cheap croissants. The ‘orange juice’ was orange squash. I would have preferred one fresh bread roll instead of artificial cake & croissant. Nice yoghurts though and charming Florio did not charge for the water I used from mini bar.

Calm, quiet, old-fashioned (in a good way). I was woken by birdsong from tree outside my room! Lovely.

Great value, great position.

lovely to have good heating in out vember visit. As someone who suffers from feeling cold it was great to be able to control the heat level in our bedroom.

Never go back there again

Awful, I had to change the hotel next day and move to another one. NOISE from everywhere, from water pipes through walls when anybody use the bathroom, noise from the street construction tools snd machines, vehicles, trucks and thier sensors, and people, noise from renovation above, noise from people voices in next rooms, all these in the middle of the night. Bedding smell's awful and gave me a rash, it was disgusting, was about to through up, felt nausia. No curtains/blinds to cover all the window, just a very light see through blinds smaller than the window Ventilation so bad couldn't breath well. I don't know how it's ranked as good!!!! I couldn't sleep at all, and had a headache and my face twitching from all the awful things. Couldn't wait until morning to leave, it ruined my whole next day plan because I didn't sleep at all Lift barely fit me and my small trolly "I'm thin". Will never stay there again, waste of money and time, I hate it

The breakfast tray in the room

Near the train station, fast wifi

Floors were a bit sticky

Location was great, near the train station. Florio was very nice and accommodating. He did our late check-in at 10pm. He even helped us carry our luggage. Room was quiet, we had a good sleep. Wifi was fast and reliable.

great location, easily accessible to many places.

good location, opposite train station. lots of restaurants and shops, easy walk to Duomo, very small lift good with luggages. the tripple room is small. nice coffee latte at reception.

Old World Charm with Modern up-dated conveniences!! Exquisito!! Squisito!Fantastic Location!

Not a thing.....!! Mr. Florio and his staff try very hard to make your stay as wonderful as it can be in this historical fabulous city of Firenzie!!

The Old Florence Inn is a Boutique B&B! Squisito! The owner Mr. Florio is simply the best host ever! Exceptional!! Grazie! The place is Filled with ambience, charm, clean as a whistle, wonderful rooms with the modern conveniences, large triple windows and electric blind to keep out sound and light, wonderful bathroom with great plumbing! ComfortPLUS Bed & bedding, bar fridge and kettle and breakfast to start the day. LOCATION is 10++ Walk to train station in a couple of minutes, to El Duomo and all the Firenzie historical goodies in 15 minutes, and restaurants, bistros, are at your fingertips. Small elevator to help with luggage. Bonus! THANK YOU SO MUCH, GRAZIE MILLE, Signore Florio! You helped make our stay for 2 weeks in Florence so amazing and memorable!! Bob & Erin, Toronto, Canada

Florio was very helpful.

Florio was very helpful. The location was perfect for us - very close to the railway station and an easy walk to many places. It has a lovely charm to the place.

excellent. will definitely go back

No complaints

Location was good. Lovely room with comfy bed and little balcony. Breakfast delivered on a tray every day ready for the next day so no need to rush to get up

The room was spacious and very clean and functional.

Breakfast was delivered to our room the evening before and was not to our liking - too much prepackaged food which was not nice - after the first day we went out for breakfast, therefore lost some of the value for money of this accommodation

The room was spacious and very clean and functional. décor was older style Italian and added to our holiday experience. Location was central to the train station which worked well for us meeting all the tours we had organised, which met at the station.

Short stay in Firenze,would loved to stay a little longer,beautiful city.

Not to much communication with staff,wanted to stay a little longer exploring Firenze after checkout and was not able to find staff to leave our luggage with. Checkout was too early,10:30am. Breakfast was placed in room the day before in a tray with instant coffee, not even fresh coffee. Breakfast was vending machine style.

Bed was comfortable,A/C worked properly.

Excellent value for money, leaves a lot to spend on great meals and gifts out..

Right by the train station, easy 2 min walk to the hotel, very central, staff were great, a bit Shabby Chic, but the true Florence experience.. The coffee machine...

Great Location in Florence

The elevator is tiny and difficult to use with even 1 bag to get to the 2nd floor. Pre-packaged breakfast not so good but plenty of other options nearby.

Location superb. Room very clean. Very good shower! Owner a great character and very friendly. Value for money.

They had an elevator, even though it was very small and...

The breakfast could have been better, which you had it in your room. There wasn't much room in the shower.

They had an elevator, even though it was very small and could only take yourself and a bag. The bed was very comfortable.

Sucked royally and I was exhausted because of no sleep

I stayed up for 24 hrs sitting in a chair outside on tiny balcony because I was afraid to get bed bugs. Not kidding was awful. Matress had signs and stains. And cover and sheets were stained. Only top sheet was clean. The balcony was covered with a years worth of dirt. I don't think the little table was ever sat on or cleaned.. I had to use bathroom towels to try and clean. It was so bad. I've never done that. It's that bad. Mattress and sheets not clean. Not trusting trip advisor again. He must edit reviews or something. Bkfst was given to me night before on a tray. Literally. Cheapest bkfst ever and I arrived late so I had no choice. AVOID THIS HOTEL.

I slept or sat on the little balcony outside ALL night because I was afraid to get bed bugs. Mattress & sheets were. Not clean. Except for top layer. Stained and omg. Disgusting. I have. Never ever done that in a hotel. It was that bad

Local B&B a Winner!

Had a lounge area with balcony where we and our friends could sit for a drink. It was also surprisingly quite

Location, style, comfort and Staff - brilliant!

Overall a pleasant stay

Hard to tell where it is at first. Need to look carefully for thier sign. The elevator in that building is ridiculously small. Couldn't fit our luggage so we had to take the stairs.

Very friendly and helpful staff and owner. Very close to Santa Maria Novella station.

Old Florence Inn provided a very well placed haven to relax in and rcharge for next day.

One minor point was we would have found a few more shelves helpful. Perhaps in the corners by the entrance door, and also the bathroom.

The original style was a perfect setting for the traditional atmosphere of Florence.

The entire place is designed in a retro style which looks...

The wifi speed is not so good as it was quite hard for me and my friends to even make a video call to our families. The breakfast is nice but everything is cold or in room temperature. The towel has some kind of landuary smell which wasn't comfortable. The hair dryer wasn't powerful therefore we had to use our own dryer.

The entire place is designed in a retro style which looks really impressive. The staff are very nice and the room is big.

Great value for money

Breakfast was not fresh

Really close to the train station and a short walk to all the main sights in Florence. The staff were very friendly and accommodating.

The owner, Florio, came to the hotel around midnight to...

The breakfast was mostly processed foods on a tray in the room and instant coffee. The mattress wasn't great.

The owner, Florio, came to the hotel around midnight to accommodate me after arriving from a late flight. The room was quite charming with a balcony.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

B&B feeling and superb location to everything important in Florence

Lift does help carrying our luggages upstairs. Breakfast are luxurious and aplenty. Location is superb just a walking distance to everywhere and 2 minutes to Firenze SMN train station.

My wonderful stay in B & B Old Florence Inn!

Fioro was an excellent host. There was a small refrigerator in the room so we had yogurt and juice, milk and if you wanted you could buy their soda or buy your own and store it in the refrigerator. It was nice to have breakfast in the room on the balcony without having to dress and go out. Location was the best. We walked 1 block from the train station and 1 block for the walking tour we took in front of Santa Maria Novella Church. Also when we dropped off from our Cinque Terra tour at 9pm at the train station it was a short walk to the B & B. We were so tired so that was a good thing. Will come again. The lift is small but norm for Europe.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Very central location, right across SMN train station.

Lift is very small. No ramp for luggages on ground floor. Hotel is on one of the upper floors, can be confusing for newly arrived guests.

Very central location, right across SMN train station.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

City break in florence

I liked the idea of the breakfast in bedroom but as like more a savoury one to start my day, I wasn't really satisfied about it.

The room was very silent despite being in a busy area. The automatic blinds helped me to make the room pitch black as I like when I need to sleep. The cleaner made a good job and the room was always tidy up and clean The location is fantastic for someone who needs to be close to the train station. There's also a small shop to buy some food if needed. Mr Florio turned out to be very welcoming and helpful person.

The continental breakfast was just a tray with a stale croissant, bottle of juice and sachets of coffee and powder milk.

Location..Very near the station....And a short walk to the main market and the important sites in town

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Good location, don't expect much by way of amenities

The breakfast was all prepackaged food (croissants, cake, yogurt), left on a tray in the room partway through the day before, and there wasn't fresh coffee. After reading other reviews about a good breakfast, we were expecting more than that.

Location is great because it's very close to the train station. The rooms have soundproof windows, which is important because it's such a busy area. The room was clean and comfortable and the staff were friendly at check-in.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Excellent to stay in Florence

It's located in 2 mins walking from the station, so it was very convenient to go around to eat, buy some stuff and go shopping. Also room was clean and organized. Staffs were nice too ;)

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

A good choice

Need better soundproofing at door on corridor side of room. It was noisy when people come and go.

Great location, close to train station, central market and Duomo. Supermarket next door. Excellent soundproofing on streetside window. Super friendly and helpful staff. Having breakfast in the room was very convenient.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Location, location, location.

Breakfast was okay but would have been better if it were made & served fresh and not store-bought.

Fantastic location. Staff very helpful. Room very nice.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Great stay nice surprise near the station

I was expecting a very basic maybe rundown place as it was next to the station. Not a problem for me for 1 night but it was far from this. Its a charming old style accommodation, with character and class, beautiful furniture and decor and comfortable room. A welcome surprise and would stay there again. Easy walking distance to duomo and centre of historical florence

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Fantastic place for the money. Would stay there again!

Minior nitpik: Because they don't have a "breakfast room", they provide a tray of store bought prepackaged breakfast items, MORE than enough, with a great variety, but you won't get the fresh, homemade breakfast. But this is offset by the fact that you can have it anytime you wish, midnight or 5am! Only other item is right outside the hotel is a bus stop and not the greatest neighborhood, but the price is about 1/2 of hotels 4 min away in the heart of Florence.

Super close to train station, very nice room, comfortable bed, Room has an Old Florence decor and feel, which was really nice. Breakfast is anytime you want as they provide an in room tray. 5 min from downtown and all the best of Florence. Preferred this to actual downtown as you don't have to lug your luggage over cobblestones. Great soundproofing with two sets of double pane windows.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Nice and convenient

It was a shame the breakfast was laid out in the bedroom the previous evening, and that there were only industrially produced, pre-wrapped croissants, etc.

The room was very quiet despite being on a busy road. The central location.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Cannot really recommend

The breakfast is completely pre-packaged goods (breads and cakes in cellophane/plastique) and is on a tray in the room - you make your coffee (instant) with the electric water pot. The host seemed perfunctory and bored. The room, though pretty And away from street noise, gives out over a courtyard shared w the Chinese restaurant next door, with its industrial fan etc. Can only suggestion for proximity to train station And within walking distance to interesting sites.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

The room is too small and hardwares are old.

The room is too small and hardwares are old. I can't open the window because outside is noisy. Breakfast is prepared in the room. I won't stay here next time.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

👍Location

The breakfast , it's all packets food from supermarket set before our arrival for the next morning consumption

The double windows facing the busy street are really effective , it cut off the noises coming in the bedroom

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Very nice and close to train station.

There is nothing negative about the hotel itself. It is just located on a busy street with a bus stop out front. But the hotel is very quiet. We had a back room.

I loved that it was located so close to the train station! We did several day trips by train. It was also very quiet and private . We felt very safe, secure and comfortable. Loved the air conditioning!! Nice breakfast snacks each morning and a mini-fridge.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Breakfast was a nice touch, great location for the train...

Bathroom was dated and could do with a refresh. The entrance to the B&B is part of building with multiple occupants and easily missed if directions hadn't been emailed prior to arrival.

Breakfast was a nice touch, great location for the train station and walking distance to most of the main site seeing spots. Email prior to arrival with directions to the B&B from the hotel was helpful.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Florence

On 3rd floor and lift really tiny. Breakfast - laid out in a tray the day before (prepared tray) - average

Close to everything. Breakfast average. Nice decor.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

Comfortable for a short stay

With no staff present from early evening until morning if an emergency had arisen and not at all fluent in Italian was not a comforting thought. Facility a bit worn.

Location as far as being able to walk to what going to Florence is all about. Everything we needed for a short stay.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Nice affordable one night stay if you need to catch a train.

A cleaner room and a working TV (the RF cable was faulty and broken). The lift is very cramped due to it being an old building, therefore two people with larger cases/bags are not able to fit. The beds were two singles pushed together however these could do with being replaced.

The location is perfect for a one night stay with a train ride the next day. The station is less than 500m from the hotel and close to other eating places too. However the building is shared with another two B&B type establishments and there's also a common entrance with a key provided. The breakfast is provided in the room on arrival with croissants and other packaged bread and biscuits. The room had a safe and large antique wardrobe. There were also two sets of windows and an electric blind to block out the noise and light from the streets below. I would suggest taking the sidestreet rooms due to the noise from the traffic. The walls between the rooms are very thin due to it being a renovated apartment so you can hear folks moving around.

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

Great value for money.

The location, the price and the owner was super supportive. I arrived late night and there was note for me with instruction on how to get into the property to add up gave me great suggestion on local food joints thought.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Excellent welcome from staff with great map.

Main buzzer to get in seemed like it didn't work. We were a bit worried about getting in.

Excellent welcome from staff with great map. Coffee facilities in room nice touch. Good breakfast tray.

Nice,friendy boss

Nice,friendy boss Thanks for helping took back my sleeves from terrace of other B&B

Nice place to stay after traveling all day.

Room was clean and comfortable. Florio was accommodating to our late arrival. Would recommend to friends.

Convenient location and good value for money

Breakfast is not good at all.

Very close to train station that makes travelling to other cities via train very convenient.

Great location, good stay for a few nights before traveling on from train station again.

The owner's enthusiasm was great-- even provided a wine cork when we needed one.

Perfect location

Perfect location

The manager is so Helpfull and cares about you.

The manager is so Helpfull and cares about you. also looking for all your request an order and make it to the Costner.

Great!

None.

Would definitely recommend!

Great location and value. Clean, great showers, good breakfast. Very helpful staff.

Super close to the train station and very quiet with...

None.

Super close to the train station and very quiet with soundproof windows.

Below expectation

Breakfast was awful.

The location.

Staffs are really friendly.

Staffs are really friendly. Location is very nice.

Location is good, breakfast is good.

Location is good, breakfast is good. Closely to train station. There is supermarket at downstairs and few minutes to visit points by walk.

Good location, nice management, comfortable rooms Ev

Everything was fine.

Good location, nice management, comfortable rooms Ev

Location was great!

Breakfast wasn't anything special. No hot water!

Location was great! Rooms were fairly large.

Friendly reception. In room breakfast novel and worked okay.

tiny bathroom.

Good location near the railway station and close to centre of Florence. Room very clean. Bathroom tiny. In room breakfast okay.

great location

the air-condition in our room was not cool

great location

Place is great

Breakfast was horrible

Place is great

Wonderful stay !

Owner was there to welcome us and show us the room and facilities. Well situated. Thank you so much Florian

Great staff.

Great staff.

The service

Brwakfast

The service

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Central,clean and friendly

Friendly and helpful reception. Central location for bus and train.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Breakfast needs some awakening affect

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Better avoid!

Old house converted to multiple Hotel, noisy and cold breakfast at room, no 24X7 front desk

Large room

Ideal location friendly staff

Good location Very helpful staff Clean comfortable room nice extras

Florence

Poor wi fi and only one socket that was being use by the fridge.

Very Tuscan clean and tidy