Reviews of B&B Residenze La Mongolfiera

Via Guido Guinizzelli 1, 50133 Florence, Italy

#455 of 536 B&Bs and Inns in Florence

Based on 100 B&B reviews

Very pretty room old italian style.

Our arrival. We were actually trying to contact him from our cellphone (which wasn’t an italian number ) a couple of hours before our arrival at the structure but he wasn’t responding. So as we got there we had to wait 20 minutes less or more for someone to arrive. But the room was fantastic and them quite nice after.

Very pretty room old italian style..

A disappointing experience, to say the least

During our 6 night stay we met only one member of the staff, upon our arrival, and only to take our money and never bring back the receipt. During our 6 night stay we never had our towels and bed sheets replaced or our room cleaned. There seemed to be a kitchen but it was always locked so we had a very hard time eating the breakfast we bought at the supermarket (breakfast which by the way is not provided by this "B&B"). There were about 20 mosquitoes in the room when we arrived so mosquito spray is a must. The property never answered any of our emails and phone calls. Had they answered we would have asked for our money back and looked for another place to stay.

The location is pretty nice in a neighborhood full of good looking villas, close to the road leading to Fiesole.

The room was clean and large and the staff were helpful and...
    • Quadruple Room

we were surprised that in an advertised B&B that there was no breakfast. The bed was not not at all comfy. The room has bare basics no cups and very limited toiletries. The air conditioner was fickle and loud but kept us nice and cool

The room was clean and large and the staff were helpful and quick to answer questions. Great location easy to walk into town and get food and groceries. Bus stop was at the top of the road and came frequently.

Nice bathroom.

No breakfast. We had to pay a deposition, which was not clearly informed about on the booking site. There was no staff available during check-in hours so we had to make a lot of calls and wait for a long time before someone came to let us in.

Nice bathroom. Quiet and relaxing area to stay in.

Excellent location in Florence, terrible ownership.

The way the B&B is managed is a challenge to the imagination. By phone, they asked for additional money just because I arrived at dinner time (?), the request was utterly rejected from my side. At the time of check-in, they pretended to be paid by cash, because of lack of credit/debit card facilities (however, the Italian law requires it!). Last but not least, they made many problems for issuing a receipt (although cash was presented). I indicated that in lack of receipt I would have withhold the payment, they threatened to cancel the booking (!!) for the night. So I was forced to indicate the possibility to settle this in front of some police officer. Ultimately, I paid by cash, and they sent me a receipt by email. On the day after, no breakfast was available in the morning. In conclusion, I will never go there anymore, but I want to highlight that the responsibility for the above is not with the receiving staff (a very nice and accommodating lady), but with the owners themselves.

Poor communication and limited facilities

Communication from staff was poor. On the day we were due to check in we had to ring/message the staff multiple times before getting a reply, which meant we were stuck in the centre with our bags. We also had a few issues with the apartment - Wifi didn't reach the room we were in and there was also a coffee machine in the lobby for guest use, however it was never stocked with coffee. When we contacted the host on Whatsapp regarding these issues we never received a reply, despite them having seen the message.

Located in a nice area a little bit out of Florence centre with easy transport links

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Bed too hard, staff not helpfull.

Staff was not very helpfull after we told then the bed was too uncomfortable. Instead of offering any solutions, the Hotel owner (?) called to tell us the beds are "very good actually" and only I insisted several times, he offered some additional blankets (which was not helping mich against the very hard matress).

excellent Stay

Great value and a great stay. Further from the city than most hotels but the bus stop is round the corner and a short ride will take you near the famous bridge and train station

the most unsafe hotel I have ever stayed in my whole life

You have to send several messages to arrange check in. Anybody, even terrorists, can easily get in and stay in the hotel, once you know the combination to the entrance. There is no humans, no staff, in the hotel. Felt very unsafe.

Quiet environment.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

one to pick to experience Italian inconvenience.

no staff at the hotel. unable to send email to contact them. unable to contact via telephone. between check-in time, no staff was at the hotel. after 1 hour or so, I received another telephone number. finally able to contact one of the staff, but had to wait another 30 mins to get in to the hotel. Asked a question to the staff, who could not give me the answer and promised to send me the respond via sms, which I never received. Disfunctional hotel.

the environment was quiet.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

The location was great.

Its a lit bit away from the centre but easy to get a bus from there to the centre. So if u dont care about the distance,it totally worths it.

The location was great. A really nice neighbourhood near a river. It was peaceful and beautiful. The room very spacious and nice. The woman that works there was very helpful even before we arrived there.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

- very nice and comfortable room with huge windows and...

- at our check in the room was dirty - so good audibility - we heard the neighbors behind the wall takes water treatments

- very nice and comfortable room with huge windows and vintage shutters - friendly and helpful staff

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Good location, in a safe, quite residential area

The air conditioning was very noisy, kept me awake for most of the night, to hot to sleep without it. Bust service to the residence was irregular and unpredictable.

The staff were very help and attentive. Breakfast was plentiful, but stayed for six nights so needed to be more varied.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

A Pleasant Experience

Mosquitoes. I personally can’t stand even one in my room, and there were like 2-3 every night. I had a mosquito repellant spray that didn’t really work. But apparently it’s a local problem, and in the end I’d rather deal with 2-3 mosquitoes, than have every flying insect killed like in my city.

Nice quiet place 2-3 km from the city center. If you don’t want to walk (we didn’t), there is a bus nearby: 1B to Guinizzelli station to get there, and 1 from Buffalmacco to get to the city center. The room was ok, with a powerful air conditioner if you need it, and a clean bathroom with a shower. The breakfast was good and varied, with coffee (espresso or cappuccino), fruit juice, salami, prosciutto, yellow cheese, and cookies. There were other things: tea, cereals, milk, butter, jam, etc, but I haven’t really tried them. Overall, a very good price/quality ratio.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

Escape away from the hustle and bustle

Location is a little far but, there is a bus that stops right out the front of the bed and breakfast.

The air conditioner was great and the breakfast available also made the start to our day so much easier!

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Perfect

Very nice and big cozy room, very helpful staff, nice location, easy access to the city center

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

Rooms are smell like someone smokes inside.

Rooms are smell like someone smokes inside. Breakfast was a joke!

• Reviewed: 16 April 2016

I really loved the friendliness of the staff and readiness...

Some brighter lighting can be a plus.

I really loved the friendliness of the staff and readiness to help, the cleanliness and spaciousness of the room, and the nice, multi-course dinner you can enjoy at the Residenze if you are too exhausted after a long day to search for a restaurant. It was also great that there were no mosquitoes.

• Reviewed: 6 March 2016

I stayed here with my friend for 2 nights and we felt happy...

I stayed here with my friend for 2 nights and we felt happy to choose this place. The room is very nice, comfotable and clean. The wifi was falling out sometimes but we didn't mind it so much. Even if we didn't use it, the hotel offers breakfast and dinner and I believe it's very good. The staff is very friendly and kind. It's true that the city center is quite far from here (35 - 40 minutes by walk) but we expect it so it wasn't problem for us. We also rented bikes for one day and it was very funny experience. The bikes definitely need some service but I believe that thanks to their bad condition we had much more fun!

• Reviewed: 23 August 2015

Fairly decent location where the bus takes you straight to...

We were bitten by more mosquitoes in the room than we were in the last 20 years, and it's evident that we were not the only ones by the countless mosquito carcasses that have dried to the walls.

Fairly decent location where the bus takes you straight to old town-- watch out for tickets though, because ATAF rides on the bus and will try to legally steal from you if you don't validate the ticket properly. There was AC and the beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was great and the staff was awesome. Parking is convenient and the place was very safe.

• Reviewed: 21 June 2015

Pretty nice place away from the noise of the center but...

Didn't make the beds or organize the room like in other hotels or B and B

Pretty nice place away from the noise of the center but close enough to visit all the important monuments!

• Reviewed: 29 May 2016

Excellent staff and breakfast

Downstairs room very dark and really just a place to rest your head

Excellent staff and breakfast

• Reviewed: 12 May 2016

Very good place!

Very good place!!! Really I recommend this House!!

• Reviewed: 20 August 2015

Very nice traditional building, air conditioning

No check in 24 hours per day

Very nice traditional building, air conditioning

• Reviewed: 31 July 2015

Location very good.

Couldn't make a cup of tea

Location very good.quiet area

• Reviewed: 1 June 2015

bit far from the city center, but a convenient bus direct to...

bit far from the city center, but a convenient bus direct to center very close. Parking is available but not free (10 euro per day) .helpful staff

There are also 4 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse B&B Residenze La Mongolfiera traveller photo gallery