Reviews of Hotel Baltico 2 stars

5.9

3.7

In very bed stay

I no like

I no like hotel is very old system lift piculiar receiption Writing system bed & my British passport check like very bed in hotel receiption

Unhelpful
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

They advertise they have luggage store. However,when I called one day before checking out a guy on the phone told me they only can keep it for the day and I should have called in advance to let them know. I needed to drop off two suitcases for one week and he told me he would need to ask his manager on the next day after 8am. I told him that it is not useful because I am checking out by 7am to take the train and I asked him if he can contact his manager to ask him if it was possible to leave the suitcases for the week and he told me no many times, only after 8am. Well the next day while we were checking out he told my husband we can leave the suitcases in the hotel that he was the one who takes the decision in the hotel. Thus, he basically lied to me on the phone the day before and I had to hire a luggage service from another hotel. The reception is in one building with a broken elevator (XX do September 89) and the room was at another building without WiFi and phone service to contact reception (XX do September 95)

BED BUGS - STAY AWAY
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

Room 104, 112 can confirm have bed bugs, we had to move twice. Take note of others reviews, I could easily deal with poor breakfast, cold water in showers and lack of aircon during the day considering the price, they were all true. I just couldn’t deal with he bed bugs, especially when the owner said we brought them, clearly untrue or I would have been bitten in the previous hotel as they show up VERY obvious on me.

On our fourth room (in two nights) we got a room that was much larger and free if bed bugs.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Been there, tried it, won't try it again

Breakfast not as described No seating for breakfast on two occasions Asked staff for a fan for the room and I was ignored Could not turn on air conditioning unit in room as it produced a terrible smell Staff were rude on one occasion

Price

Overall pleasant. Great view from the 4th floor bedrooms
    • Standard Single Room

Incomplete bathroom, the one in the double bedroom had a shower and a place to wash your hands, but nothing else.On the second floor can't get internet other than the one from the hotel, which you have to pay for.

Surprising view from the 4th floor bedrooms

It is OK for the money but paid WIFI is a huge letdown
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

WIFI has to be paid extra (4€ a day) I find that to be absurd on a hotel. Breakfast is only some sweet bakery with coffee. Beds are flimsy and too soft Toilet is shared (not a huge issue for me)

Location, location, location!! Air-conditioning (during summer that is a life saver) Kind receptionists

DON’T STAY HERE! This “hotel” is going to ruin your vacation for sure...
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

This hotel is ridiculously noisy, you can sleep maximum 4-5 hours/night because the walls are made of paper and the recepcionists are making noises constantly, the doorbells and the phone is ringing nonstop as well... The air conditional system is centralized,which means you can not switch it off or on in the rooms. So during the night it is so cold and during the day it is so hot in the rooms... Our room was not cleaned before we arrived to the hotel, because the toilet was disguistingly dirty... The rooms and the bathrooms are uncomfortabely small... There is no free wifi, you have to pay 4 Eur/day for unlimited access...

I have only negative experiencies regarding this “hotel” ...

Aircon was good, staff helpful considering the facilities...
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

Beds uncomfortable, hot water not always available in the shower, breakfast not very tasty, need to pay to use the Wi-Fi.

Aircon was good, staff helpful considering the facilities they had to work with, good location.

- location was very good (ca 15min to the Trevi fountain by...
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

- we had to change the room after the first night - breakfast very simple (Italian style)

- location was very good (ca 15min to the Trevi fountain by foot, metro stations and Termini close) - staff was friendly - good coffee for breakfast :)

Good location.
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

The sheets were dirty when we first checked in the room so we had to have them changed. The bed and the pillows smell. The breakfast wasn't enough. We didn't like the stay except the price.

Good location. Very close to Termini station and some good pizzerias.

Very central location and value for money.
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

Staff is generally nice but was not very helpful when we asked about the available parking and so we had to figure it out ourselves. Also the bathroom had a few problems with the shower door not closing properly and a few other small maintenance issues

Very central location and value for money. Room is clean as maintained daily.

We had booked airport shuttle, but when we called the hotel...
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

We had booked airport shuttle, but when we called the hotel from airport, the guy at the reception dint know what he was talking about nor was he willing to help in any way. So we ended up taking public transport late at night. Other bad experience was that the internet did not work at all although the advertisement confirmed otherwise.

Location, location, location.
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

Shower, very small and no place to put the soap, you had to set it on the floor then there was not enough room to turn bend over. The the refregerator did not work, safe was broken, and the light above the bed was hanging loose.

Location, location, location. Within 30 minuets of most of the sights walking or short subway ride.

Secure, but won’t recommend it
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

The shower was bad. It leaked, the water was inconsistent and one sliding door didn’t work. Also there was no variety at breakfast. The single bed needs replacing. Once inside the building there was no signage to say how to get to reception- you don’t expect to have to go up stairs to find it.

It was close to the terminus.

Uncomfortable and unsafe to stay in
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

First of all, we travel with 4 luggage’s and there were so heavy and we need to get to 3 floor with our luggage’s and the lift was not working. So it was very stressful and tiring. After that the they told us to get down and move to another building like 3 buildings away from the reception building because our room is there. So that’s was very very tiring and heavy for us. Second, the room was very stinky, like a dead rat, the bathroom was dirty and small. It’s hard to move inside the bathroom. The facilities didn’t expect our standards. We felt unsafe there and the maid were unhelpful and angry when I talked to her about the iron. She said they don’t do ironing clothes and afterwards she said yes but for 4 Euros per shirt or pants. No internet in the room even though it’s stated in the website, with internet in the room. So that was hard for us because we travel much and search for informations about the city. The first night the heater was not working and it was really cold to take a bath and we ask the receptionist, he answered we’ll fix it tomorrow. So we didn’t took a bath because it was like 5 degrees Celsius. Overall our stay were very unsafe and uncomfortable. Not a proper hotel to stay in. Even for 1 night.

W

not bad except broken elevator.
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

there was only bathroom in a room. I didnt expect that I have to go out to go to a toilet. it's seperated. and the elevator was broken, at first day when i asked the staff said it's going to be fixed next morning but It hadn't. and the next day as well. I'm sure it's still not working. for elders it's not good.

staff were nice. neat room.

Close to termini but not so comfortable
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

Room was a lot smaller than expected Wifi was not included when you book from booking.com Wifi connection was not strong even you pay. So louded

Close to attractions

New towels every day
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

Not at all like in the pictures, tiny room that two people could barely stay in without suffocating, no remote for the extremely small tv. Furniture and bathroom needs renovation, bugs on the floors and you can hear every sound from other rooms or corridors which made it hard to sleep well. Very uncomfortable bed. Nobody told us that the tax was to be payed cash so we had to stress to find an ATM before leaving. We took breakfast included but since the eating area was the reception also and veeeeery tiny we did not dare to eat there. The towel has holes in it! Not worth the money!

New towels every day

Exalant value for money with great links to the city I would stay again
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

Was a bit confused at first as hotel doesn’t have the whole building to its self an reception on 2nd floor as u go in building nothing to tell u this

Friendly staff value for money clean an room cleaned an fresh towels each day

Basic accommodation close to main sites, but in a quiet location.

The rooms did not meet the expectations from the photos. One was supposed to be superior, but both very small. Smelled musty. One room had a very thin mattress. The other had a very poor shower and a small kitchen area with a sink with no water. Aircon was not needed, but had no remote in one room and the other remote did not work. TV remote in our room not working.

Convenient location, very quiet and clean. Felt safe as a group of females. Quickly helped out when the safe did not work on our last morning. Safes free and useful. Small fridge (advertised as a minibar) Breakfast very basic, but as expected. Good bars and restaurants in the area.

Good location .
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

It was getting warm and there was no remote for the air-conditioner. When I asked , I was told that Air-condition was only for Summer. Why advertise as air-conditioned room, if it is only for show. Found a open half drank drink can in the freezer, so the room was not properly cleaned after the last guest left.

The location was close to all the Major tourist attractions. Berakfast was good for the value. Staff were helpful.

I was happy with my stay! Recommend!
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

They couldn't provide me an iron. Would be good to have some small bedside lamps.

The excellent value for money! Perfect location first of all.The room was huge with high ceiling, nice view from the balcony. Clean enough. Staff were helpful I was happy with everything that I paid for.

Small hotel, great location!
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

The hotel was in 2 buildings, that breakfast was only sweet :) room was too small for two people. For a couple maybe but for two people not. I indicated on booking.com that i wanted to change from a double bed to two single beds - was possible to do it on booking but at the hotel it turned out that it wasnt,

Location. The staff, assuming its a family business, was super nice, real Italian:)

Great location for not demanding
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

Free WIFI only for 10 minutes a day was one of the biggest disadvantage. Extremly small bathroom, after one shower whole floor and bathroom equipment is wet. Double bed is two single beds which can split up during the night. Mostly not working TV signal.

I really enjoyed great localisation of the hotel, rooms are clean, new towels and cleaning whenever you need, breakfast from 8 to 10 is simple croissants with coffee but fresh and tasty. Small fridge in the room. Friendly stuff. Great place to stay when you will spend most of your time outside.

You can find better for the money
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

The clinging in the room was pour, the same sheets in 5 days. Also the breakfast the same. They could change something (cold sandwich or something else for the price not the same for 5 days) . Also the don't tall you that in the end in your price is not included the tax for the city 3 euro for night. There is no WiFi

Тhe staff was ok. The room according to the payment, medium to little. The accommodation was in very good place, easy to go to the metro station and the centar of Rome.

good situation
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

after telling me about only one free breakfast for my son, although i ask them not to service for extra breakfast because of extra money that we had to pay and also my son did not like the breakfast, i thaught that they do it by regular service to ours. finally we hadto pay more 12€ for my son's breakfast.

as my son is about 9 year old , it was ok that they give us a room by a sofa like bed with no extra money.

value for money but only for sleep
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

bad matress of the bed, no control of heat- temprature, only few tables for breakfast maybe need to wait for free table

good location, lot of eating points around, close to stations, friendly personel, nice breakfast

The breakfast it s good not with much variability but enouf...
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

Can be more clean the floor because is carpet. The bed and the bath room it was very clean but the floor can stay better.the spac3 to the breakfast can be improve.

The breakfast it s good not with much variability but enouf for any kind of person. In some hours we have to wait some time to have place in the room for eat. Is not the best hotel but is inouf for some days wiyhout pay to much.

Worst experience ever!
    • Standard Single Room

The person at the front desk informed me that my booking was cancelled because I had arrived late and that I should go find a different hotel to stay as there were no rooms available!! I had already informed that I will be coming late due to my flight and they had agreed to that. Specially considering that it says 24 hr front desk, this kind of behavior was highly disappointing and unexpected. Furthermore, the person was showing intent of asking for more money for the same room!! Luckily he agreed and "allowed" me to stay in the same room that was still reserved for me! I am utterly disappointed with this behavior considering I almost had to go look for a new hotel at 2 am in the night in a city that I just arrived!!

Close to the city center.
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

Poor quality mattresses (old and used; very incomfortable), as well as pillows. Bed covers looking old and dirty. Maybe they were not but that’s how they looked like. Almost clean bathrooms.

Close to the city center. Bus no. 62 is one good tip.

Value for money, very cheap, excellent location, good...
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

Value for money, very cheap, excellent location, good breakfast, highly recommended if you are looking for a nice comfortable stay in the center of Rome.

We did not stay, left due to the noise, and the very loud music.
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

I had booked a superior room but conned into accepting a standard room. The access to the hotel is very difficult. and is split into two blocks in the same street with so called reception in one half.

Nothing _ This is the worst hotel that I ever booked. The pictures on the Booking.Com website are totally misleading. It was dirty, very tired , badly maintained, the staff totally indifferent .

Staff were nice and friendly.
    • Standard Single Room

Staff were nice and friendly.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

The staff were really nice and welcoming but the hotel is a small hotel and the bathroom was small
    • Standard Single Room

It is an old authentic Roman building. Small but cozy.

only one man who worked at the reception 08.

only one man who worked at the reception 08.08 night shift

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Good position
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

Toilet flooded floor staff did not care too much. Charged for internet which did not even work

Good position

Expensive and not good at all
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

Everything. Extra cost that they tell you when you arrive, extratiny bathroom with an awful smell, painful beds, humidity from the ceiling...

Very basic, bad not very comfortable.
    • Standard Single Room

Very basic, bad not very comfortable. But totally in line with the very low price

I will complain to you about booking.
    • Standard Single Room

I will complain to you about booking. I've got civilians in my body. The bug bug bit me.Ok

Very poor value.

ok
    • Standard Single Room

Toilet not in tyhe room.

ok

Ok, clean, close to tourist attractions.
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

Terrible mattress, had back pain for a week after sleeping there. WiFi free means free for first 10min...

Ok, clean, close to tourist attractions.

Second floor reception

Courtesy

Close to Termini train station
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

Noisy as it’s faced the boulevard Bathroom with no toilet, it’s on the hallway

Close to Termini train station Fair price for accommodation

Peace in booking
    • Standard Single Room

Reception in a different site.

Clealiness

lovely place for a good price

everything was nice

overall very cozy and pleasant with an vintage look

Recent trip to Rome on Valentine's day
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

The shower was a bit tricky

It was a good 2 star hotel

No problem whit check in and out
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

All is to old. Toilet broken, no hot whater...

No problem whit check in and out

Close to everyrhing

Close to everyrhing

Good location, sweet breakfast, very good coffee and nice staff. Standard adequate to the price.

Basic
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

It’s basic, but the room tax and the hotel price isn’t worth it in my opinion

Very clean and excellent breakfast.
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

Very clean and excellent breakfast. Staff very friendly.

Cleanliness and facilities

Was enough for 4 days, but i wouldnt come back to this hotel.
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

The room, The bathroom, the bed, the insects in our room

The breakfast was enough, nice coffee and nice sweets. The workers were extremly friendly.

It’s a very clean little confortable place
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

Good location close to the terminal and other metro stations to commute to places

It’s a very clean little confortable place

I loved it!
    • Standard Single Room

The room size, as two beds were so close that you couldn’t walk properly between them.

The staff was bery nice and friendly!

Bad
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

Staff and room facilities ( safe and air conditioner doesn’t work )

Staff, location

Staff, location

There are also 30 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.