Reviews of Panoramic Hotel Benacus 3 stars

Via Monte Brione 19, 38066 Riva del Garda, Italy

#11 of 59 hotels in Riva del Garda

I feel scammed for that price we paid. For 144 EUR per night you get really nice hotels at Garda.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

So me and my friends are very dissatisfied from the Hotel. I feel scammed! It was my 8 year at the Garda lake. So I know few hotels and the prices. However, my wife wanted something new with big pool. So let’s go to the details. We have booked two rooms for the first week of July 2018 for 144 EUR a night. Looking on the very beautiful pictures of the rooms we haven’t thought long and we booked the rooms for us and a second couple. As we arrived, we got the first surprise. It came out that we do not have rooms with a view on the Lake but on the Parking lot of the Hotel and without a balcony. Not having the view, I could live with it but no balcony it was a huge disappointment. Expressing that to the person on the reception, he told me in a very arrogant way that this is my fault and I booked this room with such a view. Until now, I thought, ok. Maybe this was my bad and I did an mistake while booking. We could not upgrade our rooms, as apparently all rooms are fully booked. But after a while he found a free room and gave it to my friends not us. So we went to our rooms. Our room was the next very huge disappointment. The rooms haven’t been like on the nice fancy room pictures that are on booking.com. It was tiny and looking like from the 90’s. See attached pictures. We ordered an “king size bed” but got two separate beds put together. So while sleeping together the beds moved and there was an hole between the beds. The Bathroom was so tiny that while sitting on the toilet you could wash your hands in the sink and feet’s in the shower. Expressing to the person on the reception our disappointment of the room an wish to change the room he again claimed that it was me who booked this room and he has no free rooms. We checked on booking and apparently there was a free room. He told me that I booked this room intentionally because maybe we will not stay long in the room. Not nice. Still remember that we paid 144 EUR for night.

The only point where they have not cheated was the view at the breakfast. Was really nice but not worth 144 EUR per night.

The view from the balcony was amazing.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Balcony and Lake View

The view from the balcony was amazing. Excellent choices available for breakfast, including soya milk and rice milk, which I've never seen anywhere else. Great views, very friendly staff

The nicest part of this hotel is it's view from the balcony
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The room was outdated and depressing. The shower stall was so small it was hard to use it. The mattresses were extremely uncomfortable - too flat and hard. For the price charged the room needed to be more comfortable and pleasing.

I loved the location of this hotel, the balcony in the mornings and evenings was so relaxing it just took your breath away, The breakfast buffet was also plentiful and delicious.

Excellent hotel - friendly staff, beautiful views, great breakfast, fantastic location
    • Double or Twin Room with Lake View

Didn't know that you need a swimming cap to go in the pool so couldn't use it while I was there

Staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast buffet was delicious - lots to choose from!

Very nice location, just above the main street.

the weather

Very nice location, just above the main street. Easy parking. We were upgraded to a very nice room overlooking the pool and town. The staff was very attentive and professional

Great location, lovely staff but in need of a little upgrading
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Room could probably do with upgrading, especially the bathroom. We were only staying one night so it wasn't a problem and we didn't make any comment to the hotel as we weren't going to be there long.

Great location just a 10 minute walk from a lovely restaurant called L'Ora. The staff were friendly and welcoming and the self-service buffet breakfast over looking Lake Garda was lovely. Sadly the weather wasn't in our favour so we didn't get the opportunity to use the pool. View from our room was great too and the room was large.

The views were incredible.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony and Lake View

Breakfast selection could have been better.

The views were incredible. Hotel staff very attentive and friendly. Perfect stay in a perfect hotel but you do need a car to fully enjoy the surroundings.

Nice moments and view which is worth to keep
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Nothing bad to say. Only consider that way to the hotel is uphill and it will be not convenient for all people.

Amazing panoramic view at the lake and mountains. The stuff was very friendly to us and we've got free room upgrade from hotel. Very good breakfast. We would be glad to stay here one more time.

The perfect getaway
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

I like everything. The only thing to keep in mind is that the hotel is located on a hill and might not be suitable for people without a car or who have problem walking.

Everything was fabulous! The gentleman on reception was extremely nice and ugrade us to a room with a breathtaking view to the lake. The stuff altogether was so nice and helpful. The hotel itself was just perfect and the breakfast as well. Did I mention the view? It was marvellous!

Highly recommended for incredible views and comfortable rooms, location. We really enjoyed our stay.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Balcony and Lake View

Nothing. Otherwise, only thing worth mentioning that there is a walk up the hill to the hotel if you don't have the car. It didn't bother us but for good to know for the elderly.

Stunning views and friendly staff

Overall was a very good hotel, with excellent staff very hard to find a major problem with this hote
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Balcony and Lake View

The only thing I found difficult was the hotel is 5-10 min steep walk outside of town this wouldn't have been a problem if we new we needed a car. Personally I didn't mind the walk, but if walking is not your thing make sure and have a car

Breakfast was very good Good selection on offer Catering for everyone's needs

It’s all about the view ...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony and Lake View

I really dislike having to give personal details to access WiFi. It takes time and in the end the WiFi was pretty poor anyway- OK for emails etc but not much else. This was my 10th consecutive stay in different hotels around Europe as I was on a driving holiday and this was the worst WiFi I encountered- even in places charging a lot less. Main problem for me was not getting a good sleep - I found the pillow uncomfortable and the duvet cover was cheap and itchy - again in far cheaper hotels I had better bedding. I was advised at checkout however that there might have been another pillow in the wardrobe, in which case they have listened to customer comments. The lighting in the room was not very good. When I arrived there was a strong smell of cigarette smoke in all the public areas - but it was supposed to be a non smoking hotel! In fairness they did seem to have made an attempt to get rid of it by the morning, but it was very unpleasant. Finally there are no restaurants nearby and the hotel does not do lunch - not a problem for me as I was in a car but it’s a steep walk into town.

Large room with huge balcony and of course that stunning view. The staff were great. I ate in the restaurant and the food was fine. View from the restaurant is super. Breakfast was very good - squeeze your own oranges and cook your own eggs I liked. Not so keen on the dried out rolls. The hotel was well signposted and car parking was excellent. The swimming pool looked great although being out of season I didn’t use it.

Fantastic vacations on Lake Garda
    • Double or Twin Room with Lake View

Thank you for your hospitality and care. Everything was so good (room, breakfast, location, panoramic view, service etc.), that we can not wait to Come back again.

Great location great hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Balcony and Lake View

Hotel staff friendly and helpful ,comfortable bed room pleasant and room nice size ,breakfast very good dinner menu a ok wine selection excellent ,location of hotel ok if you're fairly fit if not recommend hire car ,view from hotel fantastic , riva it's self great all round restaurants shopping etc, boat trips to other towns villages etc great limone especially

My partner and I have just got back from a week staying at...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony and Lake View

My partner and I have just got back from a week staying at the panoramic hotel benacus and we would definitely recommend it as a fantastic place to stay. The staff, the food, the cleanliness and the facilities were all amazing. We paid extra for one of the deluxe rooms with a view of the lake and a balcony and it was definitely worth it. The room was amazing and the view to die for. Can't recommend this hotel enough.

Beautiful hotel and views, with great walks to do nearby.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony and Lake View

They do not serve lunch and as the hotel is halfway up a mountain, it can take around half an hour to walk into Riva.

Room 333 is the room to stay. Corner Deluxe room with a massive balcony overlooking the mountains and the lake. Staff were very friendly and welcoming. Room was very clean. View from the pool is unparalleled by any other hotel I have stayed at.

Very nice hotel with great views.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Balcony and Lake View

Very welcoming hotel with good facilities. Clean comfy room with great views from the balcony and restaurant. We had an evening meal there, excellent value and good food. Buffet breakfast good too, with plenty of choice. We didn't use the outside pool but it looked clean and there were plenty of sun beds.

Fantastic stay
    • Double or Twin Room with Lake View

We stayed at hotel Benacus last year and liked it so much, that decided to come back again. The stay was as amazing as last year - very friendly staff, great views from the hotel, good breakfast. We are looking forward to stay there again when coming back to Riva del Garda!

A wonderfully welcoming hotel with exceptional views overlooking Riva del Garda.

The friendliness of the staff was second to none from the very first moment we arrived at the hotel. We could not have asked for more from the week we had. A true gem of a a place to stay.

Lovely!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Balcony

The location is beautiful with stunning views. The swimming pool was just the right temperature and a lovely size. Breakfast was varied and good. The staff couldn't have been nicer or more professional. Housekeeping was perfect. Our room was modern and very tasteful. Loved the big bathroom and shower pressure. We had a very relaxing time!

A relaxing, lazy week being pampered
    • Double or Twin Room with Lake View

A pity there wasn't a top sheet on the bed, just the duvets, as a sheet would have been sufficient at this time of year, and the duvet was too hot.

The staff were all very helpful and friendly. There was a great atmosphere about the place. A lovely view over the lake, but out of town so little noise. There was always room to park. The breakfast was fantastic, and the evening meals were really good value for money, with several choices for each course. A lovely setting for the meals, outside on a covered terrace.

Lovely hotel, with a beautiful view, welcoming staff, quiet and elegant.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Balcony

The ceiling in our room was odd shaped, so we had to be careful not to bump our heads.

Excellent breakfast, with a nice variety including plenty of fresh fruit. Staff were wonderfully friendly and welcoming. Location was excellent, set just a few hundred meters above town so away from all the noise and throngs of tourists. Beautiful view, lovely clean pool, spacious rooms.

Love this hotel.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony and Lake View

Love this hotel. We enjoyed it so much last year that we booked again this year. Fantastic views of Lake Garda and worth paying the premium for a deluxe room with better facilities and a bigger balcony. Marco and his team are a lovely bunch. You'll get a very warm welcome indeed. We will undoubtedly be back.

A great hotel if you are looking for a wonderfull view !
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Balcony

The food from the restaurant, the breakfast, even the coffee was quite bad. The food from A La Carte, in my opinion, it was expensive on what could you get on that money. We ate in others places, it was better and cheaper.

The room was excellent !! Very tidy, we had a balcony with a greatfull view! We got 2 prosseco when we arrived, it was a nice idea.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Excellent view and splendid staff!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony and Lake View

We loved the location of this hotel with fantastic views from swimming pool, balcony and restaurant! Amazing staff and great service! We'd definitely stay again!

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Fantastic views, excellent breakfast buffet
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Fantastic views from restaurant. Excellent breakfast buffet. Great bike storage, friendly front desk and staff. Good recommendation for dinner nearby that was fantastic.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

A good hotel if you want to be away from the crowds. The views are exceptional.
    • Double or Twin Room with Lake View

The bathroom was adequate but dated

The view was excellent. Dining on the terrace for both breakfast and dinner looking over the lake in very quiet surroundings was magical.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

Tiptop hotel with good rooms, rich breakfast and stunning views
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Balcony and Lake View

To hard pillows but that's my personal preference.

Kind and professional service, yummy breakfast, room with balcony and stunning view, plenty to do in the area, quiet room.

Warm and welcoming staff with a great view of Riva del Garda
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony and Lake View

I guess its not fair really but I'd say food with me being vegan. I expect it though.I love muesli and they had soya milk so I can't complain :)

Warm and welcoming staff with a great view of Lake Garda.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

friendly staff and spectacular views!

Beautiful views from balcony and whilst eating breakfast on the terrace each morning. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is quite high up on a steep winding road but there is a short cut down and it only took about 10 minutes to get to the town. We always found a parking space and the wifi was good. We would definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

Enjoyed the views but not much else.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Balcony and Lake View

Location: you definitely need a car. Rooms in the old section in need of refurbishment. beds not made up and very hard mattress. Silly rules posted about towels and parking.

The Panoramic View and the friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

Will be back
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony and Lake View

First of all. The view! It's absolutely fantastic and you see the beauty of Lake Garda and the surrounding mountains everywhere you turn. It's a bit off from the town center but a very pretty 20 min walk, mostly along the water (and feels very safe even at night). Uphill when going back but that's a nice bit of exercise after dinner. Nice and quiet location. Having read previous reviews I think it's important to point out that there are an older and a new part of the hotel. The rooms in the different parts are actually different booking categories and price, make sure you book the newer rooms if that's what you want and expect. I'd say it's worth it. Clean, modern and a giant balcony with stunning lake view (the older rooms with lake view also have good balconies as far as I could tell). Check out the photos under each room category on Bookings, the are very accurate. Breakfast was good with a big fresh buffet and aerved on the terrace. The pool area is also great, surrounded by a pretty garden and,again , the views. Although being the busy season end of July I don't know how full the hotel was at the time, but there was always plent of space and chairs by the pool. The staff was very friendly but we did not have a lot of interaction during or short stay. We only stayed for 3 days but will definitely be back for a longer stay.

They gave me room with view to the lack even I forgot to ask...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

They gave me room with view to the lack even I forgot to ask in my order

a nice cozy hotel with a swimming pool and a beautiful view

a nice cozy hotel with a swimming pool and a beautiful view

Great staff, good breakfast and bar options

Great staff, good breakfast and bar options

Stay fulfilled expectations.
    • Double or Twin Room with Lake View

Stay fulfilled expectations. Wonderful views of Lake Acele City. Sii gentile ....... e arrivederci

I loved the views from the room.

I liked everything

I loved the views from the room. And also the treat from the staff, it was excellent. Such nice people and professional!

Friendly and welcoming staff.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Balcony and Lake View

Friendly and welcoming staff. Delicious breakfast and great coffee. The view of the lake from our room was amazing.

The room was uncomfortably hot with no means to control the...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The room was uncomfortably hot with no means to control the air conditioning

Lake Garda is nice but inferior to Lake Como and Lake Maggiore of north Italy

Over priced

The view over the lake

Loved the stay , great staff and location would definately come again . Car recommended

Bed - Too hard

Room View Staff Food

Delightful setting away from tourist crowds.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Balcony

The setting and view. Peace and quiet. Beautiful breakfast.

The best hotel to go to in terms of quietness, cleanliness, comfort and panoramic view indeed!

Picky next door neighbour

Delicious croisants,lovely coffee jugs and comfy sunbeds in our terrace.

Very friendly hotel in a great location overlooking Riva Del...

Very friendly hotel in a great location overlooking Riva Del Garda

Lovely pool, view and fillet steak.
    • Double or Twin Room with Lake View

Hard pillows. The food on the strip below the hotel was mediocre. The hotel good was great!

Very friendly front desk staff

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Great service and an outstanding view of Riva del Garda

great breakfast

Wonderful views of Riva
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Balcony and Lake View

Water in pool very cold.

Amazing view. Well kept swimming pool. Friendly staff. Quiet.

We had a lovely few days and hope to be back next year!
    • Double or Twin Room with Lake View

The friendly and helpful staff who couldn't do enough for us.

Very friendly hotel
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The room was quite small for the price..

I really liked the view from the restaurant and the pool.

Great hotel.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Not much but you need a car really

Great views and friendly staff

the view is amazing, breakfast's good, staff friendly...

the comfort of bed.

the view is amazing, breakfast's good, staff friendly and helpful!

view over the city

breakfast could be better

view over the city

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Recommanded
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Great view The concierge was really kind and useful. The room was big and comfortable The dinner was really nice The parking is very near

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Fantastic, relaxed stay with beautiful surroundings.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The pool was cold, perhaps even too cold to really enjoy swimming.

Great staff, lovely hotel and the view is amazing.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Loved it!

Tiny shower

Great views, friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

warm welcome
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Balcony and Lake View

good breakfast, in- or outside as you like it nice large pool, good view, quiet, friendly

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Great hotel.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony and Lake View

Great view over Riva del Garda. Lovely new room and balcony. Quiet hotel and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Excellent view.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Balcony and Lake View

Excellent view.excellent staff the food was amazing and marcus was an excellent hotelier

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

Two broken chairs in room

Two broken chairs in room

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Brilliant hotel
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony and Lake View

View from our balcony and from the dining area is wonderful! Staff very attentive and chatty, especially Marco. Had a wonderful stay!

• Reviewed: 13 April 2016

Our room was really nice and has an extremly wonderful view...

Our room was really nice and has an extremly wonderful view to the Lake. The staff was really helpful, they gave the glad hand to us. The hotel manager was really lovely, funny and he also gave us very usueful information about the place. Thanks for everything!!

• Reviewed: 25 October 2015

Very friendly staff, we were upgraded to a deluxe room with...

The pool temperature was very cold - too cold to swim in. Also, it is approx 25 -30 mins walk to the nice old town part of Riva del Garda. The walk home after a day of sightseeing was a bit exhausting !

Very friendly staff, we were upgraded to a deluxe room with Balcony view which was a lovely surprise . Breakfast buffet was excellent. Hotel was maintained very clean.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2015

The view from the room was excelent.

The view from the room was excelent. We spent in tle luxury room that is an amplation of the hotel with big balcony. Viewing the lake, Riva del Garda, the Dolomites and the swiming pool.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2015

The staff were absolutely amazing,they always wore a smile...

We did not have a bad experience

The staff were absolutely amazing,they always wore a smile and attentive to ourT every need.Had dinner one of the nights which was delicious and breakfast every morning which was a good start to the days which were full of adventure.The location of the hotel was truely sublime with views of Riva del Garda below.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2015

Stunning views from our room.

Stunning views from our room. Excellent facilities and friendly helpful staff. Very clean.Substantial breakfast which included some hot food in addition to a cold continental breakfast. A lovely woodland walk down to the centre of Riva which was fine for us but may not suit those with mobility difficulties. We'd definitely stay again and will recommend it to friends and family.

• Reviewed: 13 September 2015

If you are staying by the lake then stay at this hotel, the...

If you are staying by the lake then stay at this hotel, the views are amazing, you will not find a better hotel, the staff are very good and have your evening meal on the balcony, you will love the view of the lake when all the lights come on around the lake and town

• Reviewed: 4 September 2015

Awesome view

Wifi was down for days, provider issue, breakfast was the same every morning, no variation, cleaning crew woke us early, towls are old and ragged.

Awesome view

• Reviewed: 1 September 2015

What can I say!

What can I say! Hotel Benacus was an absolute delight and we were so glad we found it. The staff were so welcoming and friendly and Marco the hotel manager was very charming and pleasant.The hotel is immaculately clean, we stayed in room 322 with a large balcony overlooking the views of the lake and mountains which were nothing short of stunning! Rooms are cleaned every day and old towels are replaced with fresh. Free wifi is provided albeit a little temperamental at times. The breakfast is delicious, from freshly laid eggs to delicious jam tarts you will never get bored. My fussy 3 year old was even satisfied!The hotel is situated on a steep winding hill only 10 mins from the high street but for those who are elderly may find this a tad strenuous on the legs- we noticed lot of people drove in to the hotel and there is adequate free parking provided for people to do this. We did enjoy the morning strolls however,although we would be weary about walking up here after dark. The hotel provide a laundry service, be warned they don't allow irons in the room but there is a terrace where you can use a communal iron and this worked just fine. The hotel restaurant is great and offer a set menu - 4 course menu for 20 euros, food is average nevertheless a great deal for the price. The beach is one of the most beautiful beaches I've ever seen and only a ten-fifteen minute walk from the hotel, Pizzeria Bavaria was our favourite restaurant (Must try the grilles king prawns!) All in all, we loved our stay at Hotel Benacus and hope to return one day soon. Thank you again Hotel Benacus!

• Reviewed: 1 September 2015

We are very surprised that booking.

Read above

We are very surprised that booking. Com offer such a trashy hotel. We didn't stay there, we ask for some ice for our champagne, but the man at the reception told us , we don't give any ice to any guests. On top of all that, I've noticed, they charged my credit card over $360.00, very unhappy.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2015

Breakfast was great and lot to choose from.

The double bed we got were like a "tent-bed" and the mattress were thin. The wifi did not work in our room and even though we complained we were told the wifi was suppose to be excellent. The payment for our stay was reserved twice, one which was later withdrawn (day we checked out). However, one is still reserved two weeks after reserving date.

Breakfast was great and lot to choose from. The view is incredible and the hotel is clean. Location up the hill was beautiful.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2015

The hotel is elevated just above the Lake.

The hotel is elevated just above the Lake. The view from every room has the lake and the mountains. Perfect. The staff are exceptionally friendly and can help with anything. Marco, the Director, is quite simply awesome. I can not praise his commitment to customer service enough. Combined with his sense of humour and the service of his team and the hotel in general, I would recommend this place over and above any other hotel at Lake Garda.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2015

Staff were really friendly and the facilities were excellent...

The bed could have been more comfortable.

Staff were really friendly and the facilities were excellent especially the pool. Great location, definitely recommend this hotel!

• Reviewed: 13 August 2015

This hotel is amazing!

Not a bad point from me! Hotel is situated at the top of a hill (hence the amazing views) but only a short walk down the hill to the center/lake etc- may be a problem for elderley or those with young children!

This hotel is amazing! We stayed in one of the newly refurbished rooms on the top floor and the view was incredible! I would rate everything about this hotel, the view, the staff, the food (100% worth eating here!) and the rooms. Breakfast was great sat on the balcony terrace! I would recommend this to anyone and will definatley be returning!

• Reviewed: 5 August 2015

Wonderful location and view.

Nothing special, the walk from the center is short, ca 10-15 minutes, and should not take much effort for a person of average Health and Fitness.

Wonderful location and view. Great pool area. Very friendly staff With a warm welcome. Good restaurant.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2015

Nice hotel with amazing balcony view that is worth every...

Tiny bathroom, but it was OK for our one night stay.

Nice hotel with amazing balcony view that is worth every single cent paid for the stay! It's a perfect place to escape from crowd of tourists!

There are also 15 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.