Reviews of Hotel Berchielli 4 stars

Lungarno Acciaiuoli, 14, Tornabuoni, 50123 Florence, Italy

#55 of 384 hotels in Florence

9.7

• Double or Twin Room

A very good hotel. Clean in corridors and rooms, it provides a great location and nice breakfasts. The personnel are very helpful and support you in all matters. A hint- a kettle is served not in every room so if you need it just call and they will deliver - for free as it is in the room cost. The room was spacious and gave a view to Arno river ( be aware of insects due to water proximity though, but it is a common thing for florence). Breakfasts were very nice and especially great fruit dishes. Pastry, ham and coffee were also great. The service is so luxurious so you feel a star. I really couldn't stand people who visited this fantastic classic restaurant in short trousers and t-shirts. Parking is not a problem, they take your car and bring to some garage outside. But quite expensive, it was 60 euros per 2 days. Can easily recommend this hitel for food lovers, as there are restaurants around. Location is also nice as since you leave you are immediately in the historical parts next to some square with David's statue.

Couldn’t check in until 2:00: though very gracious staff made a t happen by 1:00.

My room and the excellent location. Breakfast included was delicious. I heartily recommend.

The location was fantastic

Our room was on the first floor and hadn’t realised that the road beside the Arno was so busy and was one of the few roads out of Firenze

• Double or Twin Room

wifi was very patchy in our room, had to stand near the door to log in

Hotel Berchielli, is in a great position, close to all main tourist attractions and shopping streets. Staff were most helpful and room was very comfortable and a good size.

The breakfast was very ordinary. The same every day, scrambled eggs, a couple of types of sausage and extremely overcooked bacon was the cooked breakfast. It wasn't bad just underwhelming. The bathrooms were a bit strange, quite oppressive tiles and a weird layout. The shower was old fashioned.

The location was superb. Minutes away from all the sights and shops. The staff were great, very friendly and responsive to requests. Our room was very large and the bed comfortable.

• Double or Twin Room

Poor soundproof : you can hear voice or noise from the next room. If you sensitive, may struggle

Great location : easy access from the station & to many sightseeing places Hospitality at the front desk

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel is located next to the arno - but that's only true for the side entrance so you don't see the river from the hotel. Breakfast was pretty low standard - only two types of cheese, yogurt only in tiny plastic containers, sttrange mix of continental and English breakfast - waiter at breakfast very unfriendly.

• Double or Twin Room

The wifi was not very reliable in our room, but really that was not a problem as it worked fine in the very comfortable reception area.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. They gave us great recommendations for aperitivo. We were absolutely delighted to receive an upgrade! The room was very spacious, clean and comfortable with an amazing view of the Arno . The evening turn down service was charming. The hotel is in a fabulous location and has a peaceful ambience. This was a wonderful place to spend our last 2 nights of our 2 week stay in Florence.

• Double or Twin Room

For some reason, the reception/front desk people didn't smile or greet the guests nicely. This might be a Florence thing - people weren't very friendly in Florence compared to Rome. The breakfast people were nice, though.

Central location, very clean, we had a very spacious and quiet room, cute partial view of the Duomo and Bell tower, bath tub and bath foam for soaking after long days of walking.

• Double or Twin Room

The furnishing are dated, and the bed was a bit uncomfortable. We were there at the change of season - coming from Winter to Spring so some evening were a bit hot in the room. I expected more for the money.

The staff was very helpful. The location is great if you want to start and end your day around Ponte Vecchio. You are a short walk from “The Old Bridge” and there are some shops and cafes off the street and just the other side of the bridge as well. Breakfast was good, and included a good Cappuccino and your choice of buffet items like fresh fruit.

Wi Fi network is weak .

It is my 4th times staying at this hotel since 2009. The hotel locates in central location with professional passionate staffs, breakfast is good enough as usual.

• Double or Twin Room

I can’t think of anything I’d change.

The staff was very attentive. When she took us to our room, she detected a whiff of cigarette smoke, and decided on the spot to move us to a different room... a two level suite-like room with two bathrooms, a sitting area, and a large private terrace. The breakfast was a large elegant spread!

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with River View

Of the 4 properties we visited, the customer service was not close to the level of service displayed by the other 3. Room temp ran hot despite attempts to fix

Location and good size

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with River View

Service can be a little surly. Some of staff are nice but others are more less so.

The location is great. You can drink in a spectacular view of the Arno river every time you open the window.

• Double or Twin Room

Perhaps, the pillows could be a little softer!!!

The cleaniness was impeccable. The front desk staff were helpful and wonderful. The breakfast spread and service was outstanding. the bed was comfortable, lightning adequate and was great to come back to... every night

• Double or Twin Room

Dark room over an alley . Car alarm went off in the night that kpet me up . Recpetion Staff were indifferent versus happy or helpful

Centrally located and the room was very large with bath. Absolutely loved it ! Breakfast was generous and breakfast waiters very friendly

• Double or Twin Room

WiFi great in dining room, not in bedroom unfortunately but I’ve struggled to find fault with this hotel!

Very friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast excellent! Bed comfy, well equipped room with beautiful decor.Very close to where you need to be.

Very beautiful interior decoration, super helpful staff! I left my backpack, the staff helped me call both taxi companies and retrieved it very soon.

• Double or Twin Room

Bar downstairs served microwaved food!!!!!!!!

Bed turned down every night Clean sheets every day Spotlessly clean!!!!!!!!! Breakfast room flowers on table everyday Just EVERYTHING!!!

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with River View

The wifi in Room 410 was barely functional. It was not possible to do anything meaningful on the Internet. The wifi actually worked better out in the hallway outside of the room.

The breakfast on the 2nd floor was convenient. But it was disappointing, in that everything seemed to have been prepackaged or prepared in bulk. The scrambled eggs were cooked in big batches, for example. The breakfast was almost a "fast food" kiind of breakfast, very unlike the classy ambience of the hotel itself. However, it was tolerable and didn't spoil our overall high opinion of the hotel.

• Double or Twin Room

Fantastic view of the Arno and Ponte Vecchio from our beautiful room. Lovely breakfast, including very nice scrambled eggs. Very helpful staff. Very convenient location. Terrific hotel!

• Double or Twin Room

We loved Florence. The locals were charming and helpful. The hotel is perfectly located for sightseeing and shopping. We will stay there again on our next visit.

Everything was ok

Very nice hotel on the river with the view on Ponte Veccio. Very clean renovated old pallazzo. Very helpful staff. Good breakfast. Clean rooms. Good place for stay in Florence

See abovr

The breakfast was good. The bed a little hard. The soundproofing between rooms not good. The room was lovely but the bathroom oh! dear it was hideous in design but efficient in all necessary ways. Such a let down. Front of house staff helpful and efficient and we enjoyed our brief stay. Thank you.

The child seat/high chair in the breakfast room should be renewed.

Rooms are a great size including the bathroom- perfect for families. Kid friendly staff!

• Double or Twin Room

No English TV, no tea/coffee in bedroom. Florence is expensive to eat/drink.

Great location, easy walk to all the main cultural attractions, great view from our bedroom over the Arno and Ponte Vecchia, staff friendly, good breakfast included. Lots of eating places for lunch/dinner in the vicinity.

The price for the garage for my car was little quite expensive. But it is common in other Hotels in the inner center too. So you have to decide to search for a parking site for your own in the limited traffic area of Florence or to pay for the service i.e inclusive the transfer of your car to the garage and back too the Hotel. I enjoyed it because I had less stress.

The first time I booked a hotel in upper price segment, because I wanted to stay in the center of Florence for at first only two nights. The staff of the Hotel was very very nice and helpful, especially when I have arrived with my car to get my baggage out of the car because a lot of other cars were waiting behind me in the street. The Location of the Hotel directly in the front of the river Arno ist the best. You have to go only a few steps and you will be in the historic center of Florence. All the staff of the Hotel is absolutely friendly it doesn't matter what kind of help and support you need. I wanted to clean some of my clothes and I was one hour to late, but the personal made it possible get my clothes cleaned. Because i wanted to stay another night I got a discount of 50 € for the last night. You should take a good Chianti Classico at the Hotel Bar and have a short chat with the older bar tender. You can get some good tips for original tuscan not touristic cuisine around the corner.

• Double or Twin Room

While they could be helpful at times, the staff was always seriously looking and always made you feel like you were bothering them when you asked a question. Some smiles would have gone a long way towards making us feel welcome. And the hotel entrance is on a back road hidden street, out of the way of the busy streets of the city. Walking back late at night was a bit frightful as the street is quiet and deserted.

The view from our window of the river and the bridges was absolutely beautiful.

• Double or Twin Room

Can't think of anything. It's an experience hotel but then it was worth the stay.

We had just one night unfortunately so we booked the hotel for its location. Which was fantastic. We got a room with a view and what a view ... River Arno.. Ponte Vaccio ... Over all it's was great. Close to almost everything.

• Double or Twin Room

The only very, very small negative was the water pressure for the shower/bath could have been better. The water pressure at the sink and bidet was excellent

The location of the hotel is amazing for visiting Firenze. The staff were very helpful. I loved the turn down service and the room being ready for sleep every night when we returned from dinner. Breakfast was an absolute delight.

None!

I love this well-run boutique style hotel which is beautifully situated by the Arno river in a quiet small sqaure, yet is still close to everything and everywhere you want to see and visit. The breakfast choices were surprisingly good, and the staff were pleasant. The reception staff were particularly friendly and helpful!

• Double or Twin Room

The staff turned off the air conditioning when we were absent for one hour. We did not notice and woke up in an over heated room in the middle of the night.

The breakfast was great.

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast needed more " fresh " items. Tomato ? Salad ? I think we received a less well situated room due to booking an early & less expensive price through booking.com - no Special Requests were met. When I asked that was the only room available - but we booked and made the requests over 5 months ago.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with River View

Very conveniently situated to museums, restaurants and the river. Our room overlooked the river, always good to overlook water. The staff were very friendly. Breakfast was good. Everything was excellent for our three night stay.

• Double or Twin Room

Our room had a view over the Ponte Vecchio, which was fabulous. We had a beautiful room and bathroom. Staff were really welcoming. Nothing was too much trouble. Breakfasts were very good. Excellent position.

The air conditioning is very noisy - almost preventing sleep. I think the rooms will need to be refurbished soon

I've stayed in the hotel before - its best feature is the proximity to the Ponte Vecchio. The facilities are very good and the breakfast is excellent.

• Double or Twin Room

The Hotel Berchelli was perfect for our stay. Modern, close to all major attractions, great staff, air-conditioned, and great staff. The high rating is well deserved.

• Double or Twin Room

The shower's water was weak I must say that this was the only downside.

We had the most scrumptious mini cakes at the breakfast in this hotel, the view from our room was exceptional. I have to mention an incident that happened at this hotel, we left our room in a hurry and I left my wedding ring there. Our next leg of the trip was Rome, a day later I realised that I can't find my ring, I called back the hotel and they had kept my ring for me, I travelled back for it and they had kept my ring safe for me. I must say two thumbs up for this hotel!

• Double or Twin Room

With regards to the standard of the hotel the breakfast was not as good as I expected. I would have liked more fresh local fruit.

Very good service and the location is great. Traveling with our daughter 1,5 years old was no problem.

• Double or Twin Room

There could have been a greater range of yoghurts for breakfast.

Old world charm and atmosphere. Very comfortable. A great range for breakfast. Friendly and helpful staff. A most enjoyable two night stay

• Double or Twin Room

Old fashioned Staffed by men of a certain age, been there for years. No joy or enthusiasm. They need young people (including some women) to freshen things up.

Location good Breakfast good

• Double or Twin Room

We stayed for 3 nights. Our room was supposed to be a double room with a city view. What we actually got was a room that should not exist in a 4-star hotel: next to the elevator, with shutters that would not open so no sunlight or fresh air and next to the breakfast room. At 7 am once the elevators started dinging and the dishes started clattering there was no way to sleep. The second day we got an upgrade to a room with a view of the river which was amazing. The key to the room is oldfashion and you need to leave it at reception every time you leave.

The location is perfect. The breakfast is very good and we enjoyed the atmosphere in the breakfast room as well. Once our room was changed the overall experience improved significantly.

• Double or Twin Room

I would have liked a balcony or outside garden to sit in but realise this was not possible.

Staff were friendly and helpful, food was good, central location, hotel was very quiet and beds very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Our second stay in this hotel. A lovely hotel, great location- close to Ponte Vecchio, Uffizi Palazzo Vecchio. Nice room, very quiet as requested, comfortable bed. Good breakfast. Helpful staff- both on desk and dining room. Gave very good restaurant recommendation.

All was excellent

The location .In fact the visitor is in the heart of Firenze .The breakfast was very good .If you need at the breakfast a traditional good italian cofee you must ask it with the name "ristreto " because their classic espresso is not so good .The room was excellent .We stayed again in this hotel two years ago

• Double or Twin Room

Not great entertainment options, too few power outlets and the ones we had were not in great locations. Mattress was very firm which may be a big detractor to some.

Amazing location, already in the historic city center and less than 5 minutes walk to some of the best food you will have in your entire life. Decently priced as well. Room had an upstairs loft where the bed is located which was unexpected, but also had two bathrooms which is never a bad thing. Had a semi-private balcony with a lounge chair and a sun umbrella for lounging during down time.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

You have to take stairs to get to your bedroom where you stay and the hotel had a big issue with mosquitos. If you open your window you can get hundreds flying in. Also the internet was completely rendered useless. Internet was so bad that I could not get any work done. I don't care where we are in the world, hotels must understand this is 2017 and Internet is a top priority everything runs on it

The property is located in a fantastic location. The staff is pretty helpful.

Wifi.

Historic building in excellent location. Property well maintained. Our 2 rooms were situated in a suite setup, with a separate suite door that completely sealed our 2 rooms off from the hallway. Overall, I loved this property with the exception of the Wifi system that was almost useless from the rooms (this is somewhat expected in older, classic buildings). Breakfast was quite nice with a complete selection.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel's location is great - All staff were very helpful and kind - bed was very comfortable and breakfast was delicious! Breakfast wasn't lots of options, but all delicious and we enjoyed it a lot! They made a latte for my daughter which has got cute bear face on the top!- she loves it! Thank you!

• Double or Twin Room

Location,location, location! The view out our window was spectacular even in the rain! We stayed our last night in this beautiful, comfortable hotel! The included breakfast was the best breakfast of our trip right down to the delicious cappuccino with my name written in cocoa on the top!

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

No coffe/tea tray in the room.

This Hotel is in an excellent location next to the river Arno right by the Ponte Vecchio. The Hotel itself is very luxurious and stylish. The staff are very friendly and go out of their way to help. Especially Giovanni in the bar, who makes a great Gin and tonic. Stayed here many years ago and standards have only improved. And will definitely stay here again.

Our second time at Berchielli and we loved it this time just as much as we did the first time. We stayed in a triple room, which is super comfortable for 3 adults (2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms). Bathrooms seem to have been recently renovated (great tiles). Location is superb - 1min from Ponte Vecchio

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The room walls are not the thickest, so hope for quiet neighbors. The plumbing has a constant drip, drip all night. Minor issues at a very nice hotel.

Spacious room with en-suite, including bidet. Shower over bath not the best, but functional. Location is next to the Ponte Vecchio, excellent. Staff very helpful.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Excellent location, fantastic views and superb customer service. Front desk and restaurant staff were extremely polite and very much customer oriented.

• Double or Twin Room

the elevator took forever, the breakfast was basic

the hotel and the room were very beautiful, the view from the room was great, location is in the middle of everything we wanted to see in Florence

• Double or Twin Room

We loved everything about Hotel Berchielli! The location, the room, the breakfast, the cleanliness, and most especially the attentiveness & warmth of the staff! We were upgraded to a room with Ponte Vecchio and River Arno view! What a sweet sweet suprise! Thank you so much for a wonderful stay, Hotel Berchielli! Will definitely come back and stay again in this hotel..

• Double or Twin Room

Computer in lobby needs updating.

Good breakfast friendly staff.Very accommodating.Location great.Loved looking out our window and seeing the bridges and the activity on Arno river.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room

One front desk personnel left a note in our room after I had spoken to him earlier on the phone asking if he could assist with adjusting the temperature of the room which was too warm. The note was like a protest saying that I should have spoken slowly and English is not the native language. I felt that was really rude in terms of service and when I confronted the front desk staff. One of them was very defensive saying that it is probably a mistake and the note was meant for another from another guest which is totally not true.

Location and boutique siZe of the property

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Unfortunately the location of the room on the river made it incredibly noisy. The breakfast was very disappointing - stale bread, dry croissants and very few cakes of each type.

Beautiful bedroom and super comfy bed. Beautiful view from the window.

No air conditioning in the room but not a huge problem in March. Breakfast was great but could've been better with more variations and more veggies available. I had basically the same breakfast for 5 days. Wifi was fairly good in common area but limited in some rooms as I couldn't access the wifi in my room at all.

The hotel is just located alongside the river and beautiful Ponte Vecchio. It's convenient to visit most of the attractions in the city on foot. Walking from the hotel to the bus/train station was just an approx 12 mins walk and the bus could take you to Florence airport directly for about 15 mins. I stayed in a small single room so didn't get any view through the window but I guess some other large rooms on upper levels are very good with view. And I booked the hotel quite in advance and enjoyed a huge discount.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Its a journey from the train station but that's not a real big problem

Bed was comfy and breakfast was great ! The staff very helpful and it is right on the river and close to all the attractions of Florence

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Wifi is too slow at room. Widow is not river facing, plus 80euro if upgrade

Location is perfect, breakfast is excellent, the little roof terrace is lovely. The cappuccino is delicious.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Can't think of anything!

Location location location! Charming hotel in the heart of Florence. Adorable patio, unique interior design not like any of big box corporate hotels. You feel like you transcend back in time while there. My husband and I spent 5 nights and would definitely recommend. It's clean quiet and an excellent value for money spent.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The shower above the narrow bath with curtain is a bit old fashioned and not very efficient but I'm not really complaining.

We loved the room with a balcony and view across the river. The room (104) was spacious which was really appreciated as we stayed for 4 nights. The location is its major attraction: everything we wanted to do was within easy walking distance and there are nice restaurants in the area.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The décor was quite tragic but I suppose it would be quite traditional in maybe a 60s way (?) ie clashing carpet/drapes/fittings and a large amount of what my Nanna would have called acky green. I personally prefer a more modern experience. In any case, you can close your eyes at night and not see it....and let's face it, that's what hotel rooms are all about.

The location was just fantastic - right on the river near Ponte Vecchio. A bonus for me was an upgrade to a view. This is the best thing about the property. I found I could walk pretty much everywhere very easily - from the train station to San Miniato. The breakfast was adequate - I normally have fruit and the fruit was okay unless I got there late. The staff in the breakfast room were very friendly and obligingly brought as many espresso based coffees as I desired. The rooms were clean and nicely turned down each day.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Maybe bigger umbrellas? It is quite fragile in the wind.

Very thoughtful and warmhearted staff. It is located very close to everything, beautiful scenery, food and shops. The room is not too big but reasonably arranged so you do have enough space in the room.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with River View

Wonderful location, out of the main flow of traffic and people, but easy walking distance to everything we wanted to see in Florence. Great views, with our windows overlooking the Arno. The staff was friendly and helpful. I would definitely return on my next trip to Florence.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with River View

Staff was terrific and very helpful. Room with terrace overlooking the Arno was top notch and the location could not be beat for exploring beautiful Florence.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Hotel cannot provide kettle in room. It is a problem if you're traveling with a child and need hot water to make milk. A kettle in the room is quite basic and commonly found in all hotels so it is good to provide. Hair dryer was very weak. Water pressure of shower is weak too.

Location is good. Walking distance to everywhere. Huge toilet. Comfortable bed. Air conditioning to make room cool.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with River View

Not much. My credit card was double charged because I had a pre-paid booking. Once I discovered the error and contacted the hotel it was quickly resolved without any hassle.

Nice spacious room with a great view of the river.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

the breakfast location would have been wonderful if it was river view

everything there is excellent staff, room, the view and the location over and above the parking service was perfect and cheap

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

multigrain or whole wheat bread at breakfast. Less greasy bacon at breakfast.

breakfast was good but not outstanding. Location was terrific. Staff was terrific.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with River View

From a women's point of view the bathroom was small with no place to hand anything.

Rooms were comfortable and breakfast was well stocked. Staff was very friendly and accommodating . River view room was exceptional. Near to center of city.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Honestly, nothing. And I am quite particular!

In short, everything. Efficient and personalized check in service with an accompaniment from one of the staff, explaining everything. We were fortunate to have room 506 which had an absolutely beautiful and peaceful balcony. The rooms were immaculate, the staff impeccable. Breakfast was very complete and served with such professional staff and simply elegant surroundings. The room was extra large and immaculate. The bathroom was modern with excellent toiletries. The location is ridiculously central and yet quiet at night. I would send anyone and everyone to this hotel. A true find and our personal 'home' when traveling to Florence in the future.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

the fact we couldn't stay longer . . . .!

fabulous room with wonderful river view opulent furnishings extremely friendly efficient staff - loads of space, good breakfast - we could go on and on. We're going back . . . !

Browse Hotel Berchielli traveller photo gallery