Reviews of Hotel Brivio 2 stars

#393 of 424 hotels in Milan

6.2

6.2

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Dont expect much, its like a dorm but you are having your own room. The bathroom is out of the room but it was ok. I had a problem with the hot water, it was getting colder some time later and the you should turn it hot again. If you need a bed to sleep and a bathroom to have a shower, just go for it. Not much than this. grazie.

price was ok, room was looking clean, we stayed just for one night and thats enough. Not for a long stay.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The room gets very bright early in the morning, so might be a challenge for those who like their snooze. Some thicker curtains should do the job.

The staff is great and I got lots of tips about places to eat and see from the proprietor of the hotel. It's very close to the metro station and is convinient when getting around Milan. Lovely places to eat walking distance from the hotel and there is a supermarket nearby for your necessities.

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

One bathroom doesn't have locker in the door, wifi doesn't work well

People on the reception were always with smile and they are very helpful. Italy spirit! 😊 Location in very good: near to metro station and 5 minutes by walk to the shop. Nice small restaurants are 5-10 minutes by slow walk. Rooms are very clean and every day someone clining there, TV in the rooms is nice idea :)

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The shower is pretty horrific, and one bathroom lock didn’t work. Had to leave the key at reception before leaving the hotel each time, which was a little odd. Each day, staff would ‘tidy’ our room, but would just move our items to the weird places in the room.

The staff were very friendly, the actual room was clean & for the price quite lovely. There’s great links to central Milan. The area appeared quite safe, however the surrounding areas were quite sketchy.

• Single Room - Budget

It was in a bad neighborhood, a lot of noises from neighbors even in night, also there was not air conditioner and weather was damp..

It was close to subway.

• Basic Single Room with Shared Bathroom

the location is a little far from downtown, but at least the subway is very close

better than expected, staff was nice and helpful, fast wifi, great value for the money

• Economy Double Room

We thought we would get a bed big enough for two grown-ups and a baby, but the bed was a bit small, the staff was very considerate for putting an extra sofa bed for free. However, it was risky to have one parent sleeping with the baby on an open bed. And we did have unpleasant experience one night. Otherwise, it was fine.

Staff was very friendly and it's very good location, you see the sign once get out of metro station, at the corner there is very nice cosy cafe where you get freshly baked croissants and nice coffee

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Too cold, no heaters. The room is not as big as I thought it would be. Keys are needed to be left at the reception anytime you go out. Train line passes nearby, but that is not a big deal.

Very close to the metro and bus stations, from metro station Dergano you can get to Centrale FS and from there to Duomo. The neighboorhood is quite nice, supermarket SIMPLY is in 300-400m from the Hotel.

• Economy Double Room

Walls seems rather thin, you could hear the most things happen uoutside

The staff was very nice and helped us out, also very clean and comfortable. Very close to Metro!

• Economy Double Room

I had troubles locking the door of the room but eventually succeeded every time I tried. Toilet lid is connected in a strange way. It cannot stay up, and you should always hold it. Not that much of a problem but still inconvenient.

Nice and welcoming host. Convenient location across the street from metro station. Little supermarket not far away (if you go in a direction opposite than to the metro station). Railroad did not bother us. Very clean.

• Budget Triple Room

The room was very cold. central heating was cold (February)... after 6 p.m. they started to heat. But very little. We were frozen every day of our visit.

We were satisfied for this accommodation. When we left our room, we can left our luggage on reception. This was very fine, because our fly was till evening. Thanks.

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Shared bathroom and small room. Having said that, it is good enough for the cheap price you pay. Ideal if you're spending just a night or two, not recommended for a long stay.

Good location with good restaurants in the area. Quite close to Milano Centrale train station.

• Economy Quadruple Room

the Andreas in the website is incorrect.The hotel is situaties in Dergano in the province called niguarda.It took us 4 hours to find the hotel.We could have reached the hotel within an hour after Arrival at Linate airport.Dergano is easy to reach with the underground because the hotel is opposite the metro stop. We had to leave the key to room behind each time we left the hotel.that is an odd and unpleasant hotel rule. No information was given about breakfast.There is no possibilty to drink tea or coffee in het room.We arrived at the hotel at 15:00.we were given the key to room number 10.The room was a mess.I went back to report that the room was not clean and the beds not made.I was told that the room would be ready in an another hour.After such a long journey to find the hotel this was not the ideal situation.

room nr.10 is lager enough and had a small balcony.that is a plus

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

1. Heating did not work during day and night, only 1-2 hours in the night. It was very cold, although we had enough blankets. 2. Floor was very cold. 3. Shower cabin was too small and man (height 184cm) could not use it. Water pressure was not good enough to take a proper bath. 4. Extremely noisy during the night. The owner did not have understanding for other guests and allowed wedding party during our stay. 5. We were not allowed to use kitchen. 6. Hair dryer did not exist in this hotel. 7. Windows were so bad that we had a feeling that we are directly on the street, regarding both noise and coldness. 8. We did not get the room we payed for.

Metro is very near to the accommodation.

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

We arrived a bit before the time after a long trip back to Europe, we wanted to spend New years eve in Milano, but it was very difficult to find somewhere to stay that it wasn't too expensive, so we took the chance. We had to wait in the reception until our room was ready, pass the time of check-in (maybe 15min), then we went to the room, and a lady was cleaning other rooms, so all the windows were opened, our room was extremely cold, the sheets were clean, the curtains were ripped off, and the floor was a bit dusty. When I went to use the toilet was dirty, the wc and the sink, the window was fully opened and it was extremely cold, I didn't know that Milan can be so cold. The room still cold through the night, we stayed 3 nights and I never felt warm, I had to sleep with a lot of clothes, bed wasn't comfortable, and it seems that stills with the plastic mattress on. They told us to leave the keys, which we didn't like it so much and asked us what time we will be back (?), the guy at night was friendly though. When we tried to sleep during the night there was so much noise coming from the other rooms (12am), people laughing, babies crying and some very loud tv. Then the night before we left, we noticed that someone entered into our room to clean, which was very bad for us because no one said that they will do that, they should inform you when you arrive, we didn't like that at all. Neighbour is not super nice as we walked a little bit around. I wouldn't stay here again :/.

The best is that the place is very closed to the metro, which makes everything easier.

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

For some reason, the outer door of the guest rooms was always kept open, so it was freezing in the hall and in the room. We tried to close the door as soon as we noticed it open, but the guard was opening it again immediately after us. The walls were paper thin, so one could hear every single word from the neighbouring rooms and the bed was quite squeaky.

The location was excellent - it was literally 1 min away from Dergano (M3) subway station. M3 connects directly to the central station and to the cathedral. Also, even though the bathroom was shared, it was super clean. There were not that many guests, so it felt like the extension of a room. It was not possible neither to enter nor to exit the hotel without visiting the reception first, so it created a feeling of security.

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Common showers/bathroom were terrible, no warm water and the cleaning was non existent. Apart from that, the noise insolation wasn't that good either, if you know what I mean.

Good for a one night sleep only.

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Whole family got an viral eye infection few days after coming back.Mine started one day after returning from Milan so I don't think it's a coincidence

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The walls are thin and other guests were loud in the night and morning so we couldn´t sleep well sometimes.

As long as it was the cheapest option for double room in Milan at Booking, we were really surprised by the value for the money. The room was ok, bathroom clean and staff friendly. Metro station is just behind the corner from the hotel so you can get to town really easily.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

There were no toiletries, only small towels (I asked if they have big towels, they said no, then later the receptionist came to me and told me he talked to his colleague and 'found a towel, you want?'), the ceiling light was so dim you could barely see, poorly working window shutters, cleanliness was bearable, cold tile floor. No option for breakfast, but there are business cards for restaurants in the reception, we found a good one, not far away.

This is a hostel, not a hotel. You get what you pay for, it's cheap, but the conditions are on par. The location is excellent, right next to a metro station with fast connection to the city centre. Nice Chinese restaurant very close, with very good food and reasonable prices, definitely worth a visit. 24/7 reception, you need to ring the gate bell to be let in. The 'outside terrace' is a few plastic tables and chairs, nothing fancy but still a nice place to hang out outside at night.

• Economy Double Room

The situation of the hotel isn't the best the train is kind of close, sometimes you can hear it. The walls are quite thin so if you are not lucky you will hear your neighbours. They heat the room only in the afternoon/evening.

It was a 2 minute walk to the underground. The staff was really nice. The room was okay for that price, the bed was clean and the bathroom was all right, but we would be glad for a hand towel.

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Thin walls (but for me its not necessary), no kitchen (only microway) and too distant from room (in office).

Great location, friendly personnel, clean sheets. Great to spend couple of nights.

• Economy Double Room

1. The room was stinking. Old furniture, the bathroom was not possible to use without flip flops 2. The staff didn't speak proper English. It took us 25 min to check in just because the guy at the reception didn't manage to write down our names quickly enough. 3. On my second night I was woken up at 12.30 am by a bunch of drunken guests from China, who were shouting as hell right next to my door and on the street (the room I stayed was just behind the reception). The staff did nothing to calm them down and only seemed to respond when at 1.30 I told them I'm about to call the police. 4. The price is unbelievably and unevenly high! 80€ for something worse than a hostel is simply a theft!

Location is very convenient- just 10 min from the central station

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

- Showers were not clean - Reception staff was helpful and spoke English but did not fully understand more complex English phrases

- Great location near metro station

• Basic Single Room with Shared Bathroom

I didn't like that the balcony off my room was accessible by other guests, thus meaning I couldn't leave my balcony door open during the day. This door was the only access to the outside breeze I had, thus my room was stuffy when I returned at the end of the day. On the first day I walked into the city instead of taking the subway. It was a long walk, but I'd been cooped up in planes and train so much that I was looking forward to it. The walk was ok, but some of the neighborhoods probably weren't that safe.

I really liked the outdoor sitting area and the espresso. I also really liked the balcony off my room. I liked that I had to leave my key with reception, as it mean that I couldn't loose it and didn't have to carry it out and about. I liked that the hotel allowed me to leave my luggage with them after I checked out, and even allowed me to continue using their outdoor sitting area while I waited to leave for the airport.

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The hotel could provide bigger towels (they only gave 2 small ones), also they could have the mirror in the room. The shower was bit too small and a bigger person could have problems bathing there. There was no hairdryer and no AC. There might be slight problems with entering the hotel after the midnight as there is a doorbell and the owner has to open the door for you usually (sometimes the doors are open). We usually arrived 15/20 minutes after midnight and we did not have problems but I am not sure how would it be later. There are not many shops around but this a thing in Italy so I would recommend buying things for later as soon as u see something coz u can have problems finding something later (like for next hours). There are many immigrants in the center that want to sell you things and rip you off/steal from you so you need to be very careful.

There was no breakfast included, or we did not choose that option, not sure here. The beds were quite comfortable although one was better than the other one. We choose twin beds to pay less and we just brought two beds together and it was ok. The sheets were clean and pillows nice. The towels were also very clean and they hotel was providing small shower/hair gel. The water was hot and cold. There was no AC; however, there was a standing fan so the temperature was very good, also the windows were not facing the east so it was not that hot in the morning. Despite the fact that in Milan there are many mosquitoes in the hotel there were not any at all and that was awesome! The owner did not speak perfect English but it was possible to communicate. The location of the hotel is just great, it takes only 5 minutes to get to the metro and bus stops (M3 line metro). It is not far from the center as well and in the surrounding area there is a great pub - La Ribalta (Italian craft brewery). I also liked the price that we paid for the hotel, as it was very low. The area is sort of Chinatown like (not sure if that is for sure, but gives that impression) and it appears to be quite safe. The Milan itself is a really beautiful city and the tenements are really really impressive and in great shape (renovated almost in 100%!).

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

Hotel was very nice ! All employees are very positive, nice and always try to help Very family style hotel. We recomend for very good quality/price ratio.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Good location,very close to metro station,Carrefour is 15 minutes walking.The room was clean ,the staff gently and the price was good. We stayed 3 days and we like it.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The hotel has great localization close to the underground station. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. I enjoyed my stay at Hotel Bravio.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

I was with my boyfriend, but we didnt get double room, (we slept separeted). The beds were unfortunatelly uncomfortable, but the room and the toilet were clean, and the staff friendly.

The staff are really friendly, and helpful.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Each time when you leave or you get in into the hotel, you need to leave the key to the front office and ask to open the doors for you so you can get out, or in. We had mould in our room on the ceiling, which wasn't very nice. The personal wasn't that friendly, we felt like we are bothering them.

We liked the location near to a Metro Station, from where you can get very fast to the City Center, and we enjoyed the littler terrace outside.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

They charged my credit card before we arrived, when we arrived, we wanted to pay in cash, but they refused quite unfriendly. For 1 night the room was okay. But I wouldn't go there again for more than one night. The pictures of the room looked better than it really was. The showers took about 5 minutes for warm water, but probably that was because we were the first two showering.

It's right next to the Subway Station, immediately found it. The shared toilets were clean. On our floor we had 2 toilets for 6 rooms which was no problem.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

• Basic Single Room with Shared Bathroom

- extremely small room for 1 person - cold inside at night (heating did not work in March) - no hair dryer - no breakfast

- near the Subway - for 1 night it is acceptable - friendly staff

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Overpriced for what you get, staff charge for coffee, there is a kettle at the reception hall but they don't allow to use it, so you have to pay for coffee.

Handy location, clean place

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Actually, we stayed in a hostel, the hotel was only at the entrance and the reception, the room was in the same building but with a separate entrance and with "hostel" on it. No soap in the bathroom/WC.; only small towels provided; bad connection to wifi; no parking;

big room, near to the metro

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Some of the staff was not friendly and there was one woman in particular who was very rude and dismissive. Also you had to turn in your key and then get buzzed in every time you left and that became rather tedious.

The room was great. It was cosy and when I came home the bed was made which was a nice surprise.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

• Basic Single Room with Shared Bathroom

No sink in room. Had to ask for towel and soap. Some street noise.

Clean, functional, cheap (for Milan). This was about the cheapest private single room around. Close to metro station, on the yellow line that goes straight to Centrale train station, and a couple stops further to the Duomo and main sights. Good wifi. Cheap functional eating places nearby, too (e.g. Falafel for 3.50 and wood-fired pizza with beer for 5).

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

no tips for eating out at the reception even if it was late checking-in, to see something of Milano you have to either go by metro or taxi, nothing worth seeing nearby

24/7 open reception, calm neighbourhood, short walking distance (2 min) from Metro station Dergano, lots of restaurants nearby in walking distance, solid, medium-pace WiFi

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The wifi wasn't working during our stay which made it a little difficult and the water pressure in the shower wasn't strong.

The location was really great, so close to the subway. All the staff were very friendly and helpful and it was exactly what we needed. Just something cheap and basic, somewhere to rest our heads during our travels.

• Budget Triple Room

Good value for money, close to metro station

• Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

Hot Water temperature, varying abruptly from very hot to very cold.

Staff was warm and helpful

• Economy Quadruple Room

The staff were really helpful and helped with finding local amenities and were very approachable and very informative

Small bathroom

Very close to Metro

• Single Room - Budget

Room needs paint, gas water heater for several rooms in my bathroom so whole time noise and gas smell

Location next to underground station

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The Hotel is very closed to a subway which gives you an opportunity to travel easy and fast through the city.

• Economy Double Room

Staff is very friendy, accessible to the metro, clean room and excellent service.

• Economy Double Room

The room seemed to need some refurbish.

The stuff was very warm. And the hotel was very close to the subway station.

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Since the bathroom was shared, someone left loads of hair in the shower, which was disgusting.

Had only 3 channels on tv

• Economy Double Room

You can hear almost everything in your room from street and rooms next to you. Pillows was really hard.

Metro station was very close

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

WiFi didn’t work at all not sure if that was our phones or hotel signal

Convenient to metro Clean and warm 24 hour reception Quiet

• Basic Single Room with Shared Bathroom

There were some problems with the WiFi connection.

There is somebody in the reception all the time. Late check-in's are possible.

• Economy Quadruple Room

Value for money and staffs are very good

No good stores close

Close to the metro 50meters, private bathroom, clean

Individual Toilet not in room

Metro station less 100 M

• Economy Double Room

Everything was good recommend the room with the private bathroom. The staff was very friendly and gentle and ready to go again

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Hotel to remove from booking

Was cold

Hostel is near centre, metro in two minutes by walking. Personal is very friendly, clean numbers and toilet.

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Pretty cold in the winter

Nice staff and location

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Some things in the room and bathroom were broken (f.e. remote control)

Nice and clean room, friendly staff, 100m from metro station It worth 3 stars.

nil

the staf are nice

• Economy Quadruple Room

Not enough heat, broken toilet seat.

The facilities

It was near a metro station

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

• Budget Triple Room

Heating system was not working properly, we were freezing. Many times you need to remind the staff to switch it on.

Location and staff.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Location in front of metro station, the same line of Duomo. Low cost.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

For similar price there are much better rooms in Milano

Very nice and helpful hotel staff.

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

good location and value for money

Good

• Economy Double Room

Noise of traffic in the room

ambiance, location, staff, facilities

• Basic Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Right 50 meters from metro station! Very kind staff.

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

It was more a hostel than a hotel

Very cheap

• Basic Single Room with Shared Bathroom

No warm water, hard bed, cold room/floor, badly insulated window.

Good location, clean, reliable and friendly staff, good wifi.

Fairly low level comfort etc but this is exactly what the hotel seeks to achieve so not really a drawback

Staff, and the room's shower

bathroom to share...

Closeness to the METRO and cleanliness overall; AC worked pretty good.

Browse Hotel Brivio traveller photo gallery