Reviews of Buonarroti Home

Via Carlo Alberto 43, Central Station, 00185 Rome, Italy

#2452 of 3,119 B&Bs and Inns in Rome

Based on 475 B&B reviews

• Double or Twin Room

Nothing to complain about at all.

Lovely hospitality by staff. Were forth coming with Rome tourist advice which was helpful for us to maximise the short time we were in Rome. A good value room and abode close to train stations. The decor is older, but its tidy, cosey and good value. We were lucky to have a lovely view of the trees and building next door... which is a treat if your not used to the beautiful old architecture all over Europe.

• Double or Twin Room

Internet was awful. When I wanted to check out, there was nobody on the Front Desk (07.40 AM). Then, a lady arrived and when I wanted to pay the city tax, she had no change. I could lost my shuttle to the airport for this.

Near to Termini Station.

The host were extremely helpful and kind both at registration and checkout. Breakfast was great. Beds were comfortable. Major highlights (Colosseum, Moses statue) and Termini station is ca 10-15 min walk. Spanish terraces, Piazza del Popolo, Fontana di Trevi was easily reachable during an afternoon walk. Restaurants, cafes, ice cream nearby. One of the famous churches with statues and grave of Bernini is just 2 minutes on foot on the corner.

• Double or Twin Room

The owner operator very very very friendly n helpful very kind person

The location first class.... very near to restaurant n many restaurants around the area...n also for shopping n tour....

The photos did not match the actual interior. The place is much smaller than it seems. The mould on walls significantly reduces the comfort.

We enjoyed the location. The woman who serves breakfast is extremely friendly and nice. She made the beginning of every day pleasant. The coffee is perfect)

• One-Bedroom Apartment

A small kitchen which is just good for cooking some food bought from a local supermarket nearby and the room is spacious for us. Nearby to most historical places in Rome by walking in such a good weather.

Mattress a little firm for me. Would have made use of lighting on desk.

Convenience, staff considerate, thoughtful, helpful....always ready to assist. Accommodations were perfect for my needs.

Needed light at desk area.

Staff was incredibly helpful, friendly, kind. It was perfect for the experience I had planned for in Rome. I hope to be back there again next year.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The entrance of the flat is like getting in a dungeon because you have to lower your head to enter the corridor. No heater and TV in the living room(in the bedroom only). Breakfast is: 2 slices of white sandwich type of bread(with butter and jam) and a sweat. It is ok for the price and basic enough to start your day.

I liked the location, is very close to rome train/bus terminal and you can walk everywhere from here, Pantheon is 10min away! Hotel kindly kept our luggage until 2pm on the check-out day. The apartment for 4 people had 2 floors, downstairs you have mini living room+toilet+kitchen and upstairs the bedroom.

Can’t complain. It was pay by credit card when booking, so let me warn you to keep a few euros in cash for the city taxi they ask you for when you turn in your key. I had used my very last cash and had to use my credit card for that 3 or 4 euro transaction. It seemed inconvenient, so keep a few of your euro to pay that off. A tiny thing, but I’m just saying.

The location was absolutely amazing and the staff were accommodating. We arrived in Rome at 7 am from Naples by train. I had asked ahead of time if we could leave our bags with them before check in time, and they were very kind to let us do so. We walked to the property from Rome Central Station in 10 minutes. Then they directed us to the nearby Metro station where we got a subway direct to the Vatican with no trouble. The next morning I took in Santa Maria Maggiore, a three-minute walk away, then took a taxi to St. John Latern in 5 minutes. Taxied from there to the Pantheon in 10 or 15 minutes. From there walked to Piazza Navona and Campo Fiori and the Church of St Andrew where the opening scene of the Puccini opera Tosca takes place. Maneuvering Rome that Sunday was a piece of cake. I breakfasted at an outdoor cafe in front of the Pantheon with time to spare. Taxied back to the B&B, where AGAIN they had let me keep my bags and had the kind man at the front desk call me a taxi to Fiumicino. It was well worth the 48 euros and the tip not to have carry all my bags on trains and in train stations. Budget that into your trip expenses and skip the hassle. It’s worth every euro. And if you stick with the white taxis at turnstiles or ordered for you from hotels, there’s no fear of getting ripped off, as I was warned to be careful about.

• Double or Twin Room

The lightning when you first enter the building is very dim, so if you’re arriving late at night it can feel quite spooky when there is no one else around. Wi-fi wasn’t great. Not that we were there to browse the internet, but we were trying to download routes from Google Maps to get to our locations and we struggled to do so. Shower is a bit small.

The location was great; just a 5 minute walk from Termini, a 10 minute walk to the Colosseum - very central! The staff were very friendly and always helped us to navigate where we needed to get to using the map.

• Double or Twin Room

Dirty hallway, bathroom equipment and towels very poor or damaged, stinky room even with air conditioner on. Bed made but sheets not changed.

Closeness to train station

• Double or Twin Room

The shower was small but decent. The A/C broke the last night we were there. The door didn't lock on the outside when we locked in on the inside.

The room was comfortable enough. Close to public transit.

• Double or Twin Room

The walk to the property is only about five minutes from Termini Station, but it didn't feel very safe. We found hair all over our sheets and our room was in poor condition. My email from booking.com also said I would pay at the property, but my credit card had already been charged when we arrived. I would have preferred to use a different credit card if given the opportunity. We had previously stayed at a much nicer property for a similar price; therefore, I would not stay here again and I would not recommend other travelers to stay here either.

The woman at the front desk was very kind. We had to leave early the next morning for the airport and she loaded us up with crossaints and juices when we checked in.

More comfortable beds would be good

The accommodation is situated in the city centre 5 - 10 minutes walk from Termini Station, metro station is in the same street (5 minutes), nice and helpful staff, hotel reception nonstop

The shower was really bad! Water hardly flowed from the shower.

Nice place to stay! As everything in Rome the facilities are old but there looks like to be well conserved!

• Double or Twin Room

Bed was tragically bad. For us the breakfast wasn't really good, since there was only sweet foods, but no vegetable, fruit or dairy product at all.

The staff was kind and helpful, room was clean, the location is close to train station but already in the downtown area.

Not a complaint but I had difficulty finding it it was late at night it is at the stated address but you have to look closely there is a small sign to the left of the door . its on the 2nd floor of an apartment building, there is a lift.

Busy, few bars and restaurants in easy reach short walk to station and shorter walk to metro.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room

In our specific room there was a bad smell in the room later fixed with some spray provided by the same hotel but we had to sleep with open windows.

The staff is really friendly and welcoming! The hotel is next to the train and bus station to the airport and it's really easy to get around Rome from there.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The room was very dark as lighting was poor. The room could be freshened up with a coat of paint. The area was very noisy at night with traffic making a lot of noise on the street.

The staff was very helpful with directions and the location is good for access to the train and public transport.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The room was very dated and beds not that comfortable. I rolled over in bed and got rug burn on my elbow...?

The staff was very friendly. The man at the front desk took 5 mins to show us everything on a map and how to get there. The shower had lots of hot water. Good location if you have to take the train early the next morning. Takes 10 mins to walk there. And not far from the colosseum and roman forum.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

• Double or Twin Room

When I first arrived at the hotel it was around 9pm, suffering from the tiredness of traveling yet the lady at the reception is not that friendly. Most of them don't really speak English except for the owner, they don't really give advice regarding where to eat where to visit etc. The hotel is relatively different from the pictures online and it's quite old.

They clean your room everyday and the coffee they provided in the morning is very good.

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The first day of our arrival everything was ruined. wi-fi did not work and when we asked to the lady at the reception the password she insisted that it did not need the password and have been quit rude, the hot water and the heating did not work and the water was stuck in the toilet . on the second day the guy from the reception helped us finally and fixed the problems. The location is close to the center, next to the metro station.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

6 travelers, with 2 x 3 person rooms - 1 was very spacious and the other was small. Dust bunny on my room floor was there all 4 days, and beds not made up properly - and the single beds were again flimsy. Stayed in 5 cities in Italy - all of them allowed me to pay the individual tax by visa but the owner wanted cash. I had to leave at 3 am by cab to airport and oddly when I spoke to the OWNER about calling me a cab he said the cab fare is 60 Euro. When I said that in Rome all cabs charge a flat rate of 48 Euros - he said that after hours there is a surcharge. The next day I went to termini taxi stand and asked the cab drivers who said its a flat 48 E no matter what time of the day or night and the airport rates are printed on all the cab doors. Since there was a different staff member when I checked out at 3 am I tried my luck with him and he said -'no problem - its 48 Euro anytime and he called one for me in 2 minutes and I paid the cabbie Euro48. Wish Owner was as honest as his staff.

Close to Termini Station - walking distance

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The breaksfast could be improved, same every day and limited in choice but you get what you pay for.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Good location for travelling to and from the Airport via Termini station and fairly good for walking to Rome's ancient sites. Metro is 100 m down the street. Small but clean bedrooms and acceptable service.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

The staff (Silvio and Marcello) were really friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good. The hotel is close to the old city and the area feels safe. Accommodation in Rome is really pricey and although the hotel does not offer many amenities, it is good value for money.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

they put 2 single beds together instead of providing a double bed(which is what we booked). it was quite uncomfortable to sleep

it was very conveniently located, close to colloseum area and the termini station. the staff were really nice. we were a little late for breakfast and they still prepared it for us and made sure we had a nice breakfast.

• Double or Twin Room

The rooms were comfortable, but the bathroom on the second floor in the corner room had a very queer stink to it. The wifi in the corner room was also a bit weak.

The room and comfort level on the first floor was excellent. Overall, we stayed here just for one night and left very early the next morning without breakfast. It won't be fair for me to write a more elaborate review considering the limited time we spent here.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The area is awful. Although you are walking distance to the main sites, this eastern area is reminiscent of poor areas in nyc, and we by no means felt safe walking back from dinner late at night (opted to spring for cabs back so we didn't have to walk to much around). The hotel compensates for this with heavy locked doors, which puts you at ease once inside, however, the rooms leave much to be desired.

Amazing staff! So helpful and will go out of their way to help you find your way around or with any miscellaneous questions!

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

The location is perfect. It's near the terminal train station, about 5 mins on foot . But the room is small and you can hear some noises at night.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

We booked a 1 bedroom apartment with kitchen facility but the kitchen is not adequately stored with basic utensils like knife, chopping board, plates and cutlery. The location of the apartment in the building is somewhat eerie - on the ground floor and you have to enter through a small gate with narrow walkway and low ceiling, it's like a tucked away room meant to be forgotten and where you feel so isolated. There is also a concern on our safety - there is no exit path if someone were to lock the gate. The toilet is small and you have to climb a flight of steps to the bedroom so that meant we have to leave the luggage in the tiny hall. With 2 luggage cases opened, there is very little space to move. A loud whishing sound from the toilet all day. A small window in the bathroom but no blinds/curtain. Overall, the place needs an overhaul.

About 8 mins walk from the train station. Daily cleaning (but not in the bedroom) and basic breakfast provided.

Very gentle staff

• Double or Twin Room

Near to everything, good staff, good breakfast

• Double or Twin Room

Every thing about this hotel was disgusting

Nothing about this hotel... It was such a dirty place....

• Double or Twin Room

Helpful, friendly and polite management.

Too thin walls, neighberhood

Location, stuff, price

• Double or Twin Room

Excellent staff, efficient, helpful. Lots of good eating places and interesting places to see.

• Double or Twin Room

it was clean and tidy. it was quiet.

• Double or Twin Room

Great staff. It was possible to let our bagpacks before check-in and after check-out. Gracie mille.

Was no clean , breakfast was no good

Breakfast was just OK.

• Double or Twin Room

the location was very good, near to sightseeing and also to roma Termini

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Everything is ok.

• Double or Twin Room

Too noisy from the room and too much light in the morning

Almost all ok

• Double or Twin Room

The bathroom was very small especially the shower. However it was always very clean.

Breakfast was quite good. Staff very helpful.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

The staff and room

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Poor wi-fi

Great location Staff

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

The tourist fee is not included in the price.

Very nice apartment in great place in Rome. 15 minutes from Colosseum, 150m from metro station.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Nice breakfast

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

No egg in the breakfast

Smiling peoples

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

No complaints.

Would definitely stay there again.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Little old and old fashioned, but for this money it's very good.

Clean, friendly, cheap

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

That we got the ground floor apartment no views. And it smelt musty

close to train and some tourist sights and restaurants

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The breakfast has to much pastry and bread. But it is Italy.

The staff are very helpful. The location is perfect for the train termini.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Location is convenient. Some staff are not as friendly.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Dark in the room, 2light ball dead, Family room is grand floor entrance like jeil.

Bed room is ok,

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Room! It was not that clean when we check in. There were hair in the shower which I hated! Not reflecting the photos at all.

Breakfast, staff

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Maybe the breakfast could be better

The aspace of the apartment

• Double or Twin Room

Staff brilliant. Made the stay really comfortable

Stayed in May 2016

• Reviewed: 26 May 2016

The entrance was a bit off putting due to style of building and made us wonder where we had come BUT once in the hotel everything was fine.

The room was very clean and comfortable and the staff were extremely helpful serving us an adequate breakfast very early to fit in with our travel needs.

• Reviewed: 21 May 2016

The breakfast room is dismal. I only had a corneto and coffee so I don't know if anything else is available. The young man wanted to give me instant coffee! On my early start morning, at 7am he told me that the coffee machine wouldn't be ready until 07.10 even though breakfast was supposed to be from 7 am. The last morning there was a woman in the breakfast room and she was really miserable and sour. Trying to be fair, the bed was comfortable, the bedding and towels clean. The shower gave lots of hot water. The wifi signal was good. So for the price, it was alright. I wouldn't go back though.

Very close to Santa Maria Maggiore which is good landmark in Rome. Only a couple of blocks from the Termini.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2016

Room was very small, didn't reflect what we saw in the pictures before booking. Outdated and in serious need of redecoration. Breakfast wasn't fantastic but it did us ok especially as there is so much delicious food to eat outside of the hotel. Price could have been less for what we got and then scoring would be higher. We basically left early mornings and returned late evening to sleep.

Location was excellent, close to metro and Termini.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2016

The room was hot, and the AC was still set to calefaction (warm). Tried opening the window, but the noise outside did not let us sleep. Staff was kind enough to supply us with an electric fan.

Very near Santa Maria Maggiore, walking distance from Roma Termini train station, and next to a Metro station. Some cafes and food places nearby. Staff was very kind and informative (reception is manned 24 hrs!). Clean rooms. Clean bathroom.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2016

The room should be redecorated and the shower needs to be changed.

The room was overlooking a courtyard and was quiet. The staff were extremely polite and helpful.

• Reviewed: 24 April 2016

Location is not far from train station but along the way is smelly, dirty and many odd people lurking around in the night. The room insulation is poor and the curtain is too thin. I did not have good sleep for all the nights due to noise and early sunlight. In addition, the bed is quite hard. Not comfortable. No kettle to boil water.

The lady serving us breakfast is very polite and approachable. Room is clean.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2016

Nothing really. Could be difficult to find because of lack of signage. But the booking.com offline map easily solves the problem

The location, it's close to Roma Termini. The guy at the reception was exceptionally well, he was always smiling and always ready to help. He also gave us a very detailed explanation of the tourist map and gave some suggestions on what to do and where to go. Really great guy. The room was also clean and fresh

• Reviewed: 17 April 2016

WiFi was out of order 4 times out of 5 days stay. Frequently noise from street traffic.

Excellent position very close to Roma Termini, busstation, airport-transport, sightseeing-busses. English spoken and efficient staff in the reception (except for Sunday-staff). Breakfast okay

• Reviewed: 6 March 2016

No coffee/ tea facilities in rooms .

It is a clean hotel . Location is good. You can walk or take the tube to different places. Train station , bus/coach station is close too.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2016

The only thing I didn't like was that our first room had a really disgusting smell on the carpet floor but as soon as we told to the receptionist, she changed us to another room, so that was great! (altought the W.C. had hairs inside and that was strange).

The room has a bathroom and is confortable with TV and they include the breakfast, so is perfect. The personal was super nice and careful.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2016

We stayed in the one bedroom apartment and this could be so much better. The kitchenette needs to be adequately supplied and electrically looked at along with a couple of the plugs in the bedroom. A hotplate and a jug just doesn't cut it. There needs to be a microwave and an oven grill in there. The room needs better beds, the wire strung bed bases were cheap and nasty. The TV was so small you needed binoculars from the bed to see it and it only had Italian stations on it from what I could see. You at least need a CNN, BBC or something for the tourists. However it made us spend as little time in the room as possible because there was nothing to do apart from the excellent WiFi which the kids thought was great. They had the computers. Compare this to the Adama Hotel in Istanbul for about the same price and there is no comparison especially the breakfast. Apart from staff and location average at best

Location was handy near the Termini, excellent WiFi and the staff were excellent and professional.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2016

In my room, bit noisy from outside and really cold because the heater was broken.

Location was great. Close to the Colosseo. Staffs were nice. Breakfast was not big but good and coffee was great. Satisfied with this price. Wifi was okay.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2016

Nothing bad. We were told breakfast would be ready before we left on the second day and there was no breakfast to be found.

Great location from the train station.

• Reviewed: 24 November 2015

Staff were really friendly, good location, short walk to the bus station or taxi from outside the door into centre of Rome. Close to all the sights. Light breakfast to start the day, we weren't going to be there for breakfast the morning of our departure so they put it in a bag for us to have on our journey home. There are stairs to ghe third foor or a lift.Overall we enjoyed our stay.

• Reviewed: 19 November 2015

room - street side- way too loud... hard to sleep. bathroom smelled. breakfast was so-so but typically Italian ( they do try but for international travellers it's pretty mediocre)

nice people. cheap

• Reviewed: 4 November 2015

The windows didn't really dampend the noise from the street. Beds were a bit uncomfortable.

Staff was super nice, breakfast was good. Location is a big plus.

There are also 19 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Buonarroti Home traveller photo gallery