Reviews of Best Western Hotel Piccadilly 3 stars

Via Magna Grecia,122, San Giovanni, 00183 Rome, Italy

#308 of 921 hotels in Rome

• Classic Double or Twin Room

There was a vad smell in the room, maybe coming from the AC. The furniture was a bit outdated.

The bathroom was clean, the breakfast was quite good, but I did not see any refill, so if you arrive later there is a chance to find less food. The location is good, you can walk to the Coloseum and there are also some shops around. The hotel is pretty good for a short stay.

It exceeded our expectations

Best Western Piccadelly is a very good property , If anyone travelling with spouse or family should definitely consider this property due to its excellent location , the facilities in room , cordial staff , excellent breakfast

• Classic Double or Twin Room

There was a great choice of food at breakfast. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel was only a walk away from the metro and a 30 minute walk from the centre of Rome.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

GIANFRANCO!!! He was very rude and didn't say hello or morning not an once. Others complain about him too. You should demote him

Average 3 star hotel. We got free breakfast.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

There is no coffee/bar next to the reception which is a bit weird ...

For our 2 night stay room was comfortable and the breakfast was good . There is a bus stop right infront of the hotel which takes you right to the center about 20 mins away ... overall I would recommend this hotel and any other best western hotel :)

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

rooms are small but that’s typical in Europe.

The breakfast and servers were awesome. The front desk was friendly. Close to the bus and metro. Overall great place.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The coffee in the urn in the breakfast room was poor, unless you used the nespresso machine available. No bar in the hotel.

The rooms were comfy, Greta on the desk was fantastically helpful both beforehand with our enquiries and after we arrived during our stay, and was very helpful when one of our group fell ill. The view from the breakfast room was great and the price of the breakfast was great, not a great selection but enough to give you a good start on the day. Good access for the metro and for taxis if required. A nice touch with a welcome drink and nibbles on one night of your stay. Plenty of nice restaurants, bars and cafes within walking distance.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Window isolation is really bad, the street noise is really annoying and it was really drafty (I started the heating because of this). Also the walls are paper-thin, you could hear really clear the TV or conversations from the neighbors. The furniture it is kind of old and used.

The breakfast was free and even if it was not very abundant, it was enough and good. Also they are giving welcoming drinks. Bathroom was ok and the room was clean. Tea/coffee and kettle are available in the room. Metro is at 5-10 min of walk. A small supermarket place is across the street and also a lot of restaurants are available in that area.

Rooms are small

Staff are very friendly and helpfull, location is lerfect just 1 minute away from a bus station that take u to all the points of interrest. Its very clean and quite. Breakfast was good.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

We were each treated to a free, generous glass of sparkling wine and a tray of sandwiches and snacks from the bar perhaps because we were return customers. We also enjoyed Jianne de Francesco's kindness in the breakfast buffet.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Lift it’s awfully small.. Just fit 3 and a half person or children for the whole hotel building. So all the guests must be waiting the lift arrival for more than 20 minutes in the regular times and in the pick times it’s worst! The lift just fit 2 adults with big bags. Some of the front desk staff it’s kind of rude, specially a waiter guy from the Breakfast room. The pillows from the bedroom are awful! very thin (we truly recommend bring your own pillows). We asked via Booking.com for extra pillows, but when we arrived we didn’t have the pillows, and we asked at the front desk, and the receptionist guy just told us that he could give only 1 extra pillow because we already have 4 in our bedroom, and since they Hotel it’s fully booked , they are running low with the pillows!!! What hotel doesn’t have extra pillows??! We always stay in a Best Western Hotel in our trips (USA, Italy, UK) now we are thinking a lot about booking BW Hotel ever again. They seems never the same way, ever different country the management it’s different and that is stupid and doesn’t make sense. Other thing os, we stayed for 5 nights in Rome this last time, and they never refilled the coffe or tea in our bedroom. Well, this Best Western was the most disappointed one ever that we stayed in Italy.

Only the location and the mattress.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Nothing about the property, the general public transport in Rome is shocking. You can wait 1.5 hours for a bus even though the timetable says otherwise.

Great hotel!! Friendly staff, clean and comfortable beds. We had a room with a balcony and free breakfast. And welcome drinks which was a thoughtful gesture. I have even recommended this place to friends traveling to Rome in a few months. Quite central to most attractions (colosseum, Trevi fountain, etc)

• Comfort Triple Room

I thought this hotel had GREAT potential, but it started off VERY rough. I've booked MANY hotels during my 5 + years living in Europe with pets. Even when the section on the booking site says on request, I always notate the size and amount of animals in the comments section and have never run into an issue. Upon check in, the receptionist told my husband that pets weren't allowed and that we needed to contact the hotel in advance since we needed to be in a specific room style. (which I understand) I went in and explained to the lady my history with booking pet rooms and that I didn't realize this would be a problem and asked if we would be able to have the room. She was a bit rude and just spoke over me, saying that it was fine because they had the room but that the hotel wasn't pet friendly. This is confusing since the section on the booking website says pets accepted upon request but yet they say they are not at all? I also called the night before to ensure that the wildfires in the area weren't affecting anything in Rome, the person I spoke with confirmed my dates, the amount of people, etc. After checking in, we bring our luggage up with our pets. As we walk in our small and medium dog (which I notated in the comments), the receptionist says to another worker (in Italian, she didn't realize I understood Italian!!!) "omg, the dog is so big" and something else I can't remember. Like she was shocked. I think the pet section on the site should be updated to include directions to contact the property before booking and/or size of animals accepted. Then she tells my husband "you know you are responsible for the dog right?" Well of course we are! We've traveled to MANY countries with these dogs and have NEVER had a problem. They do not destroy things, we take them out on walks, clean up after them and they do not make noise and bother other guests.

The breakfast was good, it had great options: assorted brioches and desserts, bread, yogurt, dry cereals, fruit, caprese salad, scrambled eggs, ham/bacon, juices, teas, Nespresso machine with many options for coffees. Nice view from the 8th floor. Bed was comfy and big. Shower was modern with rain style shower head. Most of the staff were nice with us. The parking garage was nearby and a decent rate for Rome and the area we were in and for our American sized car. Taxi stand was right across the street, various cafes, restaurants and ATMs were all readily available.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Water didnt drain in the showers but they moved us so it's all good they were snaking it after we moved so it was good to see the issue being addressed. Staff is italian so they can seem a little rude but I think that's just italy they actually were pretty cool overall

Bus stop was right in front so very convenient to get everywhere about a 15 min bus ride to colosseum and 25 to pantheon

• Economy Single Room

Amazing hotel and great location it's just far enough away from the craziness of Rome but 5 min walk to the subway when you're ready to go back into it. Amazing award winning shower pressure and incredible black out blinds which block light and sound for those mornings where you just want to sleep Staff is helpfull and they know it all. Super nice people and the price is amazing for rome Oh ya. The breakfast buffet is amazing enough to carry you over till dinner for sure.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

With the exception of one front desk employee, most staff were unfriendly (or downright rude), which made the stay unpleasant.

Comfort room was nice, classic was not. Breakfast and cocktail hour also nice.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Not all reception staff were freely giving information on how to get to a tourist site. I had to ask many questions and felt that I was being annoying .

Asked for two rooms to be together as we had 2 teenagers with us and we were given connecting rooms

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Access up to lift..stairs Staff curt..Certainly not friendly Quite a distance from train station

Breakfast and staff of Dining room were warm..friendly and made my stay special..thankyou

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• Classic Double or Twin Room

I'm US army veteran with PTSD. I us the do not disturb sign at every hotel I use due PTSD and therefore do not want people in my room while I occupy it. This hotel disregards those signs and will go into your room anyway. I went outside to have a cigarette and when I went back into the hotel was informed that management told the cleaning lady to enter my room regardless of the privacy sign.i also had a $150 usd bracelet stolen at the same time. I would never recommend or stay at this hotel again.

• Comfort Triple Room

The rooms are too close and a tad too tiny for families. No room service was a major problem.

The property is centrally located and close to many good dining options. Most suitable for couples or people with kids above 14 yrs old. Staff is extremely courteous and good.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Awful colour of walls in corridors-yucky brown colour rough surface. Bad impression when exiting lift. Lift capacity poor-could only take 4 persons and limited by weight(even if people were not large!)

Excellent shower and comfy bed.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

No air conditioning in April - room was absolutely boiling morning and night so windows permanently open. It was cooler outside then it was in the hotel.

We went back for a second time and was only disappointed about the air con. All is the same, clean, friendly, helpful and great location.

small Bathroom with WC.

Great hotel for sightseeing - only 5min to underground station, supermarket 10m near by hotel. Receptionist were very kind, room was every day clean. I can only recomend to stay there.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

• Comfort Triple Room

The elevator is tiny and we had to wait a lot for it. The reception staff (the ladys) were confused and gave us weird info about payment for 2 nights stay, gave us different and contradictory explanations in Italian and English. We payed cash at check out and also requested the unblocking of the two amounts which were reserved on my card. They gave me two receipts to prove the unblocking but after one week the amounts are still blocked on my card.

The breakfast was amazing. We liked the rooms, the bathroom, the beds, quiet area during nightime. Good location even if a bit far from San Giovanni metro station.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

• Quadruple Room

The staff at the front desk should not call out your room number or ask your room number as you walk by. This was not cool as we had our two teenaged daughters in the room. No one needs to know our room number. It should be discreet. Also, they could have been more friendly.

We loved the beds and the rooms were clean

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

• Classic Double or Twin Room

need extra resturant inside in the hotel for dinner

very good breakfast,the best location if you travel with small kids,frendly and helpfull staff,nice rooms!!!I will come back!!!!

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Nothing to not like, no complaints.

Everything was fine, room and bed was comfortable, good selection of food for breakfast, hotel was quiet, staff helpful. Good location for tourists easy to get around on the Metro and a lot of sites were within walkable distance.

• Economy Single Room

Before we arrive Roma, I recieved the message from the creditcard company that hotel made prior approval about the part of expenses for preventive measures - "No show". We were embrassed, because we would pay by cash total amount. We stayed the hotel as planned and payed by cash already on the spot. So please cancel the prior approval about the creditcard payment.

Staffs were kind and rooms were comfortable. It was better than i expected. So i could sleep very well. And breakfast was perfect. If i visit Roma, I would stay this hotel again!!!

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Bathroom smelt damp....better ventilation/extractor fan needed. The room cleaners closed all windows presumably for security, so the smell was strong on first entering the room. Lift could only cope with 320 Kg..often people had to get out to allow the lift to go. It rarely took 4 people.

View from bedroom window across Rome's rooftops to St Peter's, quieter bedroom at back away from main street, a very comfortable bed, helpful and friendly staff. Very good room cleaning service. Breakfasts were very good and covered a wide range of tastes. Metro station nearby and it will be wonderful when Line C gives a direct route to the Colloseum and the Vatican area.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Breakfast - not great, food warm coffee cold, every morning!! Guy on reception told us he upgraded us, nice, but the room was less than expected with a nosy street view rather than a view over the city, sounded like a way of getting us to think we had better than we booked. Room was ok, but if it was an upgrade I hate to think what the original was like. rubish was left in the room most days, and the shampoo, coffee and sugar was also not restocked - we had to trap them ourself from the breakfast room. Our experience with the Lift was also poor, There was only one very small lift and it only took 3 people so it took 2 or 3 attempts to get up to the breakfast room or down to reception, it was just not big enough. For the size of the hotel

Bathroom was very well fitted out and the bedroom was comfortable

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Not the hotel's fault but noisy road at the front of the hotel.

Room very clean with nice bathroom. Breakfast good selection and lovely view from restaurant. Staff very helpful.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Its a bit far from the old town. To get to the city center You need to take metro from san giovani( 10mn walk to get to this station). There is also a bus stop oposite the hotel! Line 87 takes you to most destinations.

The highlight of this hotel is the top floor where you can have a view of rome from the 8th floor. Very nice breakfast with variaty of choices, espresso machine available as well! The staff was very helpful, giving recomadations on which restaurants to visit and which is the easiest way to get to your destination!

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

• Comfort Triple Room

It took us some time to enter my room after check in.. we wait more then 30 min to get a room beacause there was a problem between booking and them ( a non refundable room already paid seems to be cancelated on their system)

The view from breakfast room

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Thought the room would be a little better and bigger. Was under the impression we would have a balcony? Would of liked to be a little closer to main part

Bed very comfortable lovely modern bathroom. Clean.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Classic Double or Twin Room

This hotel is located within a 15min stroll to the Colosseum so a good location but it comes at a cost, the room was small with minimal room around the bed, the bathroom drains were a bit smelly, one lift to access 8 floors which took max. 3 people at a time so expect to wait at breakfast time, also the 8th floor views were slightly further away than the photo suggests, I think they call it artistic licence!! Breakfast was good however, lots to choose from. We found 2 really good restaurants literally 2mins from the hotel so you don't have to stay in the centre of Rome to eat.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The room was a bit dated. The bathroom door was squeaking and the AC was making noise. Breakfast was fairly good but not the best we had in other hotels in Italy. Not too wide choice. The cleaning lady tried to enter the room when we were inside without previously knocking, which caught us off guard. Not too pleasant.

Great location! Very close to main sightseeing places, within a walking range! The view from the window was amazing

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

They didn't changed the sheets in 5 days we stayed plus the surrounding of the hotel is a let down.

Quite decent hotel, not far from a subway station but a bit far from the center.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• Economy Single Room

A couple of English speaking tv channels would be nice to show films etc.They only have CNN.

Good location and my single room was clean and comfortable and very quiet. Breakfast was good and staff helpful. Only a 3 min walk to the Metro and bus stop outside hotel that takes you to major tourist spots. Bus 87 and 83. Great supermarket opposite hotel.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The breakfast wasn't very tasty but it was adequate.

The staff are excellent. Helpful and friendly. Nothing was too much trouble. The hotel is located opposite a bus stop that gets you to all the major attractions. The ride in gives you a real look at Rome.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Nothing... we're very happy!

Friendly and very helpful staff – Greta is superb! Short walk to nearest metro – 10mins away Clean and cool rooms Good selection at breakfast

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

• Quadruple Room

I couldn't fault this hotel - it had everything that we needed for our stay in Rome.

We loved this hotel - it was in a good central location only a 10 minute walk to the nearest metro stop which was only 2 stops from Termini main station. It was also just a short walk to the Basilica di San Giavanni and within 30 minutes walking distance of the colosseum and other attractions. We had a family room which was very comfortable and were very pleasantly surprised at the great breakfast provided for only 2 Euro's each on top of the room rate (I have attached a photo of the view from the dining room). The hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpful, providing us with lots of information about the City and the best ways to get about and back to the airport. If I visit Rome again I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Classic Double or Twin Room

not fresh bed sheets and room smaller than expected

The location was great next to two metro stations. Just a few stops away from Trevi fountion and colosseum. Great breakfast. Great staff made welcome

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• Comfort Triple Room

Everything was shut including the hotel restaurants which was strange on account of local holidays. Price of the hotel was a little high

Great staff in the form of the receptionists Greta and team from best western. The entire team was very helpful and provided us with all the required information. Good location

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• Economy Single Room

The bar and restaurant were closed on my arrival, around 10.30pm. I was unable to get food or drink (other than a complimentary welcome glass) at the hotel, which is what I had been hoping to do after a long day of travel. But I was able to get a snack at a bar round the corner, so it wasn't too much of an issue.

The staff were absolutely fantastic. Fluent in English and eager to help in ways above and beyond that expected. They assisted me in every aspect during my stay and I was incredibly impressed.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Sound travelled between the rooms and from outside. This would be my one complaint about the stay.

When we first arrived we were greeted by a lovely lady named Gretta. She helped us get an early check in and went above and beyond to provide us information regarding Rome. The hotel was also clean and located quite well. The breakfast included with the room booking was pretty good. If you do stay here make sure to see the Basilica close by.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

The room was a little on the small side. Sometimes the cleaning lady forgot to put fresh towels in our room, but with a quick call to the main desk we got some within about 15 minutes.

The shower was lovely and big and the view is really nice.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Economy Single Room

In error I booked the room for 4 nights beginning 23/07/2016 instead 23/08/2016. An understandable error as US dates are written differently. A week before, I informed the hotel but they refused to alter the dates and told me I could rebook but would have to pay again. There was plenty of time for them to fill the vacancy. Very poor. Would not recommend because of that.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Quadruple Room

The entrance to the hotel, not what one generally expects with a best western hotel. Bathrooms are cramped.

Lovely stay. Comfortable & clean hotel.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The hotel was a short walk from two metro stations however the walk to the stations was rather unnerving with the streets being rather deserted and run down.

Breakfast and facilities were fabulous, can't fault it!

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The area itself is a bit non-descript.

The reception staff were exceptionally helpful, both with booking problems and face to face (although they are understaffed in the morning, with only one person on duty). Breakfast at €2 per person is a bargain! Good bus and metro connections - bus stop outside the hotel and metro station 5 mins walk. Comfortable room and good bathroom.

• Reviewed: 15 July 2016

• Classic Double or Twin Room

It was a good walk,about 25 mins, to Palatine Hill and about 10 mins to the nearest tube stop.

The room was modern and clean with a nice little balcony to enjoy the sun. There is a beautiful view over Rome from the breakfast room. Breakfast has a good selection and is nice fresh food, the pastries are warm and very tasty. The bed was very big and comfy. The hotel is close to the Romans wall and is in a more residential part of Rome, we found some of the best Italian food in restaurants around the hotel!

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

• Classic Double or Twin Room

It is around 500 meters to the nearest metro station but the bus station is located in front of the hotel.

The staff were very helpful and polite. The breakfast was very good, facilitated by a Nespresso coffee machine, fresh material and delicious cakes. There is only two-three stations from the nearest metro station to the turist attractions.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The lift situation was pretty frustrating there is only 1 main lift and from what we could see and no stair case in use for guests, while the breakfast rush is on its a nightmare to get out of the building if you are on any of the other floors other than the top floor breakfast room.

Breakfast was incredible - best €2 ever spent. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful in particular Greta who so helpfully assisted us on our first day with making an action plan for all of the sights of the city.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

there is a city tax that I wasn't aware of, ended up having an extra 57 euros to pay at the end of my stay:-(

comfortable, really nice decor, super friendly staff, free welcome drinks and a few snacks. a nice mini bar and super comfy beds. metro is a 5 minute walk and is super easy to access.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Coming back in our room after a long day, we saw that one pillow was dirty (after the hotel maid cleaned our room) and that no towels have been placed in the bathroom. We went downstairs to show the dirty pillow and collect our towels to the receptionist called Giorgio (as he was not able to bring them upstairs). Not only he mocked us because we brought him the dirty pillow, but he refused giving us a clean one. When we complained about that his sole response was that "he does not have any communication with the maid so as to inform her about that". The next disappoitment was the breakfast. We have been impressed by the nice pictures and the tastful italian breakfast options. Nonetheless, we found out that the pictures are totally missleading (no fresh juice, very limited variety of bakery, cheese and ham left for hours on the buffet- temperature of the room more than 25!). Finnaly, at the time of check out, the receptionist told us that we have to pay in addition 4EUR per person per night for the Italian Tax set for tourists. When we complained that this is not stated in Booking.com, he suggested that we can make an official declaration that we refuse to pay this tax, afterwards he would be sent that to the Authorities. He then said that we will be charged with pentalties if we preferred to follow that way but he was not able to inform us about the price of the penalty! Generally, we are quite dissatisfied with the lack of hospitality, the impolitness of the staff and the missleading fotos of breakfast. Not a value for money option.

The location is really convinient, quite central, only 10-15min from Colloseum on foot. The bus station and the metro line are very close to the hotel. As we arrived late at the airport, the hotel arranged a taxi to pick up us which was really practical.

pillows were bad

Amazing people

• Economy Single Room

Air condition not there Staff are far from being professional

Cleanliness and breakfast

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Toilet didn’t flush very well

Fantastic staff

Smoking

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The food was very good, the staff was welcoming and the beds were comfortable.

Room to narrow

• Economy Single Room

The size of the elevator. Capacity is 4 persons, or 1 person and luggage.

The location of breakfast, the view was amazing. The staff were wonderful.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

rooom could have been bigger

staff were all very attentive and help-full

Nice breakfast.

Clean and fresh

Bedroom

The shower

Cleanliness

Small and slow Elevators

Good location and breakfast

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

A significant amount of stairs, in spite of the presence of an elevator.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Location is good, metro station is near. Wifi was also excellent.

Elevator is very small, that's the only thing i didn't like! Parking rate is a bit high, but this is Rome, so no complaints.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The noise of the traffic st times

The staff where excellent

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was included which was lovely with a lovely view from the dining room

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Staff at the front desk were very accommodating and helpful.

Browse Best Western Hotel Piccadilly traveller photo gallery