Reviews of Ca' Del Campo

San Marco, 511, San Marco, 30124 Venice, Italy

#123 of 301 hotels in Venice

I loved it

The room was soundproofed, even there 's 2 doors for the room to isolate it from the stairs area, and each floor has only 4 rooms, so very low chance of noise. A very comfortable bed, and a big room considering a one person room. And I had a "not bad view" :D

Fantastic base to explore Venice
    • Classic Double Room

Very central between Rialto Bridge and St Marks Square. Excellent base with friendly helpful staff. Basic breakfast but didn’t need anything else. Lovely room with air con, very clean and plenty of room for clothes etc.

Being my first trip to Venice, overall I enjoyed my stay.

The price was somewhat high, but possibly in-line with other properties in Venice. It was hard to find the property, so more detailed instructions would be helpful - especially when you are trying to find with so many tourists etc in the streets.

A very charming & authentic hotel, well located in San Marco. The bed could use upgrading and bathroom was tight. The bathroom walls & doors could use a good cleaning/painting. I felt very secure and the staff were extremely pleasant and helpful.

Lovely stay in the heart of Venice

The hotel had old world charm and is completely quiet yet right in the heart of the action. I felt welcome, comfortable and really enjoyed my stay and the breakfast was great.

Safe, secure and an excellent location

Nothing in particular.

Lovely welcome from Cristina, and all staff were helpful and pleasant to deal with; the location was excellent, about 2 mins from St Mark’s, with plenty of good quality eating places nearby and good shopping; the area was quiet for a good night’s sleep and we felt safe and secure at all times. The easy access to public transport at San Marco was appreciated - use this destination from the airport, there’s only one bridge and it has a ramp.

Positive except for the above
    • Classic Double Room

Could not find wifi info in the room at check in and could not find the "make up the room sign" when needed in the morning.

hard boiled eggs and very firm bed

Great location and good base for sightseeing
    • Classic Double Room

Hotel had AC however they wouldn't turn it on. Had to keep window open and get bitten by mosquitoes. Room was too hot not to have AC on

Great location, good staff and good sized room

Nice hotel with perfect location
    • Classic Double Room

Actually the breakfast wasn't so good, we tried once. The other days we were eating in local bakeries and bars.

I really liked our room. It was clean and with a nice view for the canal. Actually I didn't expected room with such a view, so that was a great surprise. Definitely recommend this hotel!

Great value!

Staff was extremely friendly, efficient & accommodating. They went the extra mile to help me find my lost luggage which they didn't have too. Very appreciative.

Pleasant stay and ambiance for a good value.
    • Family Room

Minor troubles with the AC. Soundproofing may be insufficient between adjacent rooms at times. Some equipments (e.g. air dryer) would deserve renewing.

Good size, bright volumes of rooms for the family suite on the first floor, considering the location. Authenticity and ambiance of the original building rather well preserved. Kind and helpful staff. Optimum location. Reasonable fees (off-season).

It was okay

They took the payment before they were meant to on the card I used to book with. However I wanted to pay in Euro cash but this wasn't an option. I didn't like our room being effected celt next to reception and the kitchen area. It didn't feel very safe

The location was okay and the room was adequate.

Right in the centre of things but something needs to be done about the breakfast service
    • Classic Double Room

There is a big is a big issue concerning the breakfast that needs to be fixed. There are too many breakfast areas and just one lady, however kind she is, that is operating all of them!!! This means that you may have to wait for a cup of coffee for as long as half an hour! The food selection was poor and not as frequently refilled as needed!

The hotel is located just behind San Marco's, next to many shops and restaurants and in walking distance to the rialto bridge!!! Our room was cleaned daily and we had an amazing view of the canal!

Excellent location. Hotel ok.

Welcome drink was a bottle of water! Room overlooking street was noisy early in the morning due to bin collection. Bathroom space was a little tight. TV was tiny. (Not that we were there to watch TV) No facilities to make warm drinks

Staff were very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was lovely in a bright room. Location was excellent with St Marks Square 3-5 mins walk. Rialto Bridge 5-8 mins walk just over the canal bridge. Fridge in room fully stocked (if you don’t mind paying)

Part of beautiful Venice
    • Classic Double Room

When we tried to check in the first time, no one opened so we couldn’t get in. Poor breakfast, not a lot of choices e.g. no eggs.

Very well located and clean

.Hosts were amazing!
    • Classic Double Room

.Hosts were amazing! They were attentive to every single thing we needed. the location is unbelievable! 2 minutes walk from San Marco, 5 minutes walk from Rialto Bridge, right at the center of everything. No matter how cold it was outside, inside was always warm and nice. The room was huge!! we stayed on the 4th floor, we couldn't believe how much space we got, with 2 sunroofs in our room! always hot water in the shower, everything clean and neat. Highly recommended

Would definitely recommend this to others.
    • Family Room

Breakfast could have offered more selection and refreshed more frequently.

Outstanding location to San Marco square and other spots. A one minute walk. Very near to a grocery store to pick up water, wine etc.

Poor breakfast but great location

Breakfast needs considerable improvement. when I stayed there were 3 breakfast locations and we were told to breakfast in a converted bedroom (very strange) - we changed the next 2 days to the downstairs breakfast area. By Italian standards what was on offer for breakfast was not memorable at all.

The hotel is certainly well located not far from San Marco. With a reasonable map of Venice you can get around quite easily. The hotel is next to a small canal and that makes getting a water taxi much easier (but quite pricey).

good central location
    • Classic Double Room

a bit of an outdated look in the room decoration

the location is very central, the staff was friendly and helpful. good breakfast included in the price.

We loved this hotel, its staff, and its location--just a short walk from St. Mark's Square.
    • Classic Double Room

No suggestions. We were thrilled.

First trip to Venice. Loved this hotel. Comfortable, clean room.Breakfast (great) at the open roof window. Staff went above/beyond to welcome us. Even arranged free boat ride and private tour of 150-yr old glass-making company on Murano.

Excellent location for tourists
    • Junior Suite 3 people

My mum heard some wired noisy when she was going to sleep, like there was a mouse in the tunnel (not in the room, but in somewhere of the building). I told this issue to the hotel staff and he changed another room for us.

Location is absolutely great! Staffs were friendly and helpful.

Venise is like a dream and THE hotel is part of that dream

Some rooms have a small bathroom. An open window during the night means wakening up in the morning by streetnoise. THE breakfast room is rather small.

THE location, THE friendly staff, THE breakfast

Venise is Unique and THE hotel is a comfortable small Venetian palace just behind San Marco square

Some rooms have a rather small bathroom. Not easy to cool down the temperature in the room. If you open the window during the night the noise of the streetcleaners might wake you up in the morning.

Excellent location, very friendly staff. An very good breakfast.

Fantastic weekend in Venice
    • Classic Double Room

Room was extremely spacious, clean and comfortable with a nice view over the canal. Breakfast was a continental buffet breakfast with plenty of choice. We got a watertaxi direct to the doorstep of the hotel which i would highly recommend.

A hidden jem

I am very pleased to find and live in ca del campo. The single room is very nice, the decoration and cleanness. It is cozy and well kept. It gives you a sense of home and tenderness. I really enjoyed the room with high ceiling. The staffs are all very nice. They also provide a computer for guests use which is very convenient. It is near San Zulian, so not very crowded yet close to San Marco. Great value!

Perfect stay in the center of Venice

<Room> I stayed in a single room. It was large and clean. I loved the beautiful Venetian style interior. I felt very safe and comfortable. <Location> Easily accessible to both St. Mark's Square and Rialto, which was perfect for me wanting to enjoy at most during 1.5 day stay in Venice. When I got off the boat at St. Mark's Square (Vallaresso) , I was surprised to see big pools on the square due to high tide. As the wooden platforms for tourists to cross the square seemed too narrow to walk on with my suitcase, I made a detour around it. It was unexpected, but wasn't a very big problem for me. The way to the hotel from St. Mark's Square is flat. <Elevator> As a female solo traveler, it was good that I didn't have to walk up the stairs with my big suitcase, <Staff> They were courteous and looked very professional. They kindly let me leave my luggage during for several hours after check-out. <Breakfast> I thought it was rich in variety and I enjoyed it, although I don't know what others expect for breakfast at a hotel in Italy. I had a great, unforgettable experience at Ca' del Campo. Should my family or friends plan to visit Venice, I would definitely recommend to stay there. I hope to be back again.

Great location and value

No air conditioning in October. Fortunately, they provided us a fan and the nighttime temperatures were cool enough to allow a good night's sleep.

Great location and value

The property was quite expensive but the great location to San Marcos was worth it

Rooms were a bit tired looking and the beds very hard. The air conditioning had been turned off for the winter and the room was quite stuffy and we had to sleep with the windows open which made it a bit noisy at times.

Location was excellent and staff accommodating

Loved out stay in Venice. Hotel was awesome, scenery stunning and food amazing

Not there long enough

The room was spacious, clean and comfortable the location oc the hotel was excellent and breakfast was delicious. Would go back tomorrow and would recommend to anyone ❤️

We would definitely recommend this hotel to our friends
    • Classic Double Room

Smallest hotel sign in Venice, hotel front is approximately 6' wide The bed felt like two cardboard boxes pushed together and sagged in the middle at the foot of the bed With the exception of the bed We would highly recommend this hotel

Location Location Location, a short walk to St. Marks Plaza Room was clean and well kept up Hotel staff went out of their way to make our stay exceptional The hotel coordinated or water-taxi to the airport and provided a guide to insure we departed on time

Not worth the money, poor facilities.
    • Classic Double Room

The beds were some of the most uncomfortable I have ever slept on. Two night stay and barely any sleep. The air conditioning didn't work and the breakfast options were limited and poor quality

Excellent location

Very good location close to piazza San marco with lots of restaurants around. Room was clean. The shower would be a little tight for a bigger person. The breakfast was self served buffet style

clean room comfy & quite.

clean room comfy & quite. very friendly staff. the hotel is located in the middle of most the popular places, but it was too difficult to find it on the first day. maybe they should create clear map to help guest reaching easily. very accessible to the public transport.

will never stay here again. Horrible customer service.

Horrible customer service. Stay away. The people on the front desk are not nice and they make it seem like they are doing you a favor. Waited for our room for one hour after the check in time. The staff was not helpful at all and very rude. Breakfast was not good. Old croissants and no options. Old rooms. The queen bed was two twins together.

Have stayed at this hotel 2 years ago and would highly...

Nothing - all perfect

Have stayed at this hotel 2 years ago and would highly recommend it to future travellers. Location is perfect in the middle of Venice.

Quiet hotel with excellent location
    • Classic Double Room

Wasn't a great deal of choice for breakfast, very basic.

Excellent location...less than a 5 min walk to Piazza San Marco. Friendly and helpful staff.

It was OK, but will not book again.
    • Classic Double Room

We prefer English breakfasts, not continental. Small establishment on many levels. Two different check in points and a seriously small elevator. Battled with our suitcases without any help. The establishment is not the corner property we thought, looking at the Booking.com photo. It is actually one of the adjacent ones. Would possibly have booked somewhere else if we knew that. The water buses were on strike the morning we arrived, so a courier helped us to walk to the hotel. It was sweltering hot, and FAR to walk. We were sopping wet and exhausted, and irritated, by the time we got to the hotel, rang the front door bell, battled upstairs with the luggage and then the tiny lift.

Continental breakfast was fine, room and bed was fine. We left by an expensive water taxi to our cruise boat, and thankfully a female staff member helped us this time. We definitely did not want to go through the same schlep as when we arrived in Venice. It was quite central. We had numerous excursions pre-booked which we enjoyed - Murano, Burano, gondola with serenade, etc. All booked through Viator.

Value for money accommodation.

My room had a tiny bathroom which could do with some updating. Staff - although polite and helpful when asked, didn't really offer any information about where to go, what to do. Very basic breakfast, no hot food on offer. Still lovely.

Location was great- halfway between the Rialto Bridge and St. Mark's Square. I was in a single room but the bed was closer to a double bed size - very comfortable. Dining room was very quaint and dining staff were lovely. Decor a little tired, but very authentic Venetian style.

Perfect spot to stay in Venice

Nothing to not like.

Brilliant location, friendly and helpful staff and very clean and tidy. The rooms are very comfortable and cozy. The size of the bathroom while small is not unusual nor too concerning for similar types of accommodation in Venice. Very happy to stay again should we pass through.

Great spot to stay if you want to be close to shops, cafes, the square and public transport.
    • Classic Double Room

The only criticism, as I had read in reviews, was the breakfast. The selection was poor and you had to wait for someone to turn up and offer you coffee. I like my coffee first thing in the morning. There was no coffee making facility in the room either.

Room was clean, beds comfy. Our room was nicely decorated with a view over a small canal. The location of the hotel was great, left out the door and right a few steps later and if you continue straight along the narrow street for a few minutes you are in St Marks Square, amazing!

Nice room in a great location shame about the breakfast

The breakfast included in the room price was the worst I have ever been offered, it was continental buffet style but the food offered was absolutely awful . My wife made the mistake of asking for some toast and was offered factory toasted bread in a sealed plastic packet. Bread rolls were small dinner rolls straight out of a supermarket packet , the sliced cooked meats offered looked well past their useby date and werent even kept on ice or chilled , the coffee really sucked , much worse than a vending machine. We paid a good rate for this room and were entitled to at least be offered fresh food.

The room was a nice size and also very nicely furnished.

Location, location!

Did not have any soap in the room for 2 days despite asking twice!

Well located. Some staff were fantastic - others very ordinary. Room was dark and a bit dated - the property is a 16C building which makes it awkward I.e. One reception on 1st floor, another on 4th, dependent on room number. Breakfast rolls were rock hard, otherwise a good breakfast. Location of property is the winner, very near St. Marks Sq. difficult to get to with luggage as the water taxis don't want to come up the small canal adjacent to the building. On departure it was no problem as the hotel use water taxis who are willing to come to the hotel.

overnight stay in venice

Can't fault the hotel - they met all our expectations. We have visited Venice before (10+ years ago) and it is noticeably busier now, with lots of people trying to navigate the small streets, which makes it a lot less relaxing. Having said that, I'd recommend staying a few nights in Venice rather than doing day-trips as it is lovely and quiet first thing in the morning (before the influx of day-trippers) and likewise in the evening.

We did an overnight trip to Venice from Verona. Staff were friendly and helpful - recommended us a great place for lunch. The room was well appointed, key card entry for room and hotel front door. There was also a door from the lift/stairwell into a small corridor, insulating our room door from any noise. Great location - easy walk to Rialto and St Mark's square and plenty of nearby restaurants to choose from for dinner too.

Great location, quiet tasteful beautiful hotel
    • Classic Double Room

beds were a bit hard for me

location is brilliant, rooms are clean, quiet, breakfast good. staff were very helpful the hotel was within walking distance to everything - there is a little gondola station nearly at the front door where we picked one up for a ride around the inner canals. we didnt get lost. very tiny lift

Would return to this little gem of a hotel.
    • Classic Double Room

Would've liked tea /coffee facilities in room.

The location was perfect, steps from St Marco square, but out of noisy areas. Approx 10 min walk to Rialto bridge. Always tables available for breakfast ,no waiting . Staff always greeted us with a smile. Good size room

This hotel gives you a head start to the real Venice.
    • Classic Double Room

There was nothing that we did not like about this property. One quirky thing was that to re-enter the property we walked down a small laneway and then swiped our card by the rear door and then walked up the stairs to our room. No inconvenience but just a little quirky.

We wanted a Venetian hotel on a canal in a central location and we achieved all of that. The style was well maintained vintage Venetian with staff who were proud to be working there (and it showed) In front of the hotel entrance was a small piazza with a memorial to a resident who died a century before. Looking from our window we had a bridge (of course) and more true Venetian buildings on the other side of the canal. We could easily walk to restaurants and the main tourist areas including Piazza San Marco, the Basilica of San Marco and the Douges' Palace/Prison etc. Breakfasts were a treat with the staff always ready to answer questions and give advice. The nearby fish and vegetable markets at well worth a visit when they are in full swing. Even the pigeons have a good time.

10/10

Perfect location, very friendly staff. Room is very clean, next to busy streets but still gives you enough quiet. Security of the hotel is excellent. Near supermarket and cafe. Good experience overall.

Location is excellent as it is possible to go from the...

The breakfast was very poor. The coffee was awful. Only when I was checking out and mentioned this was I told that I could have asked for cappuccino or espresso from the staff but there wasn't anybody around when I was having breakfast. On the one occasion that somebody came in, they didn't offer other coffees so I had no idea it was available.

Location is excellent as it is possible to go from the vaporetto stop at san marco to the hotel without any steps.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Excellent location to explore a beautiful city
    • Classic Double Room

Room could have had a kettle and coffee making facilities. We were not told about the city tax when booking. No real variety for breakfast.

We liked the location which was very central to all the sights.

Venice
    • Classic Double Room

Breakfast is extremely limited..just bread and cereal..no fresh fruit except maybe an apple, no eggs, nothing warm.

Great location right next to st Marcos Square. Nice hotel overall, generally comfortable.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Excellent location

Breakfast a bit basic and was in a funny small room why wasn't it on the fourth floor where it was light and airy?

The location and the cleanliness

Brilliant location!
    • Classic Double Room

The rooms were at the back of the hotel overlooking a courtyard which had restaurant kitchen facilities in it. This meant it was very noisy from early morning until midnight. The rooms we were given were not the ones displayed when booking.

The location was brilliant. Breakfast was very good with a good selection of foods given. The rooms were kept clean and staff very helpful. We felt very safe in the area we were staying and within easy walking distance of all the major attractions. I would stay here again but in different rooms.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Didn't meet my expectations.
    • Family Room

To be honest, the breakfast was mediocre and the staff was not particularly friendly. The beds were the hardest we experienced in Italy and the bathroom the smallest-especially for 4 people. I had higher expectations based upon previous reviews. I wouldn't go so far as to not recommend the hotel but would probably would not stay there if we returned.

The proximity to San Marco was excellent and the room was quiet with a nice view over the canal and bridge with gondoliers at the crossing.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

2 night stay during San Valentino

The reception personnel could be more personable. The breakfast was sufficient but the lady needs help maintaining 2 breakfast rooms.

The location is excellent.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

We like every thing.

We like every thing. We were in a friendly environment. After a tricky fine from ACTV company. The cordiality of the people in Venice rice up our low humor.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

perfect location near San Marco, but still quiet
    • Classic Double Room

I was going to settle invoice right at checkIn as I had to leave at 4am for an early flight, but settling the invoice was only possible after midnight on the actual day of departure...so I had to get up even earlier to settle my account.

perfect location near San Marco, but still quiet

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Nice, well located hotel
    • Classic Double Room

Breakfast was a bit limited in variety compared to similar hotels

Reception staff very helpful, room a little dated but comfortable, excellent location - short walk to Piazza San Marco

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

Great Hotel, Great Location
    • Classic Double Room

We were in the very top room, although it was nice it could be a little noisy in the morning as everyone gathers for breakfast.

The location was good, close to Rialto bridge, staff were friendly and they had 24 hour service. The room was very nice and spacious, beds were comfortable.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Excellent value for money, great staff and first class location
    • Classic Double Room

Very clean, excellent staff, beautiful room and facilities first class. Excellent value for money. Staff couldn't be more helpful. Brilliant location.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Fab location, friendly staff

Slightly scratchy bedcovers - would prefer duvet rather than blanket, but was nice and toasty with raditor so that's good.

Excellent staff, good location, breakfast was good (slightly limited but all tasty!)

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Pleasure
    • Classic Double Room

Great location close to San Marko square , friendly staff , clean room with canal view. Good breakfast. Excelent conditions for relax. Book this hotel. It was a pleasure for me and my girlfriend and we're coming back again.

Terrible experience with unfriendly staff. This hotel is promoted by its location and only.
    • Classic Double Room

The hotel is OLD, with OLD FACILITIES. The beds where horrible and the mattresses were horrible. The bathrooms are very old

The only good in this hotel is the location

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Nice room in a very central location.
    • Family Room

Nice room in a very central location. The staff were helpful and gave us directions for where to go and also helped arrange a water taxi to the airport.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

good location
    • Classic Double Room

we got a double bed however it was two twin beds stuck together which was quite uncomfortable if we accidently rolled into the crack

location. sloped ceilings and skylights. very spacious room

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Cozy and comfortable!
    • Classic Double Room

I love the coziness of the hotel. It's clean and well maintained. Room is spacious even for a standard room type. Location is great and there are many affordable restaurants surrounding it. Breakfast was simple yet delicious and it is good enough for me, I love the fresh warm bakeries provided. It feels like home.

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

Location was great and is fairly easy to access from San...
    • Classic Double Room

Air Conditioner broke during our one night August stay. Staff did try to accommodate by putting a small fan in room, waiving city tax fee, and allowing "free" access to in-room mini bar. Bed wasn't super comfortable - "queen" was two full beds joined together, and coupled with the heat and noise from outside the room, this was the least value for the money of our entire trip in Italy.

Location was great and is fairly easy to access from San Marco square.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Beautiful, very clean and very friendly! And excellent location!

Excellent location. Very friendly staff, willing to go extra mile to meet customers' needs. We felt very relaxed staying here. Rooms are very clean and beautifully decorated.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Good location, very helpful and friendly staff

Comfort bedroom, nice and clean Very friendly and helpful staff, and special thanks go to Nicolas, the manager, for his extra kind help and suggestion for another trip of mine in Florence to be able to see Michelangelo's David at Accademia.

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

Fantastic location.
    • Classic Double Room

Amazing location close to all the main attractions and plenty of eating and drinking options. Staff were friendly and welcoming. Breakfast was fine. We would definitely stay here again!

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Classic Double Room

Superior room at level 3 but nothing superior about it. The bed was not comfortable, AC was weak and sounds like it's about to break down any second.

Amazing location

Amazing location

Perfect location.

Perfect location.

Perfect location and great staff

Zero

I enjoyed my stay very much. The location is amazing near San Marco, but tucked away in a small street. The staff were lovely and always helpful.

Venice
    • Classic Double Room

Very clean, and the staff could not do enough to help us

So convenient, just a short walk to Saint Marks.
    • Family Room

So convenient, just a short walk to Saint Marks. The rooms were spacious. Also very secure

Highly recommended!

Nicholas, the manager was so accommodating. Room was right in between Rialto and San Marco. Perfect location

Browse Ca' Del Campo traveller photo gallery